PDA

View Full Version : Why hate?

godolphins
06-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Why hate on certain players?

Why hate on someone you've never met and probably will never meet in your life? Why hate on someone who doesn't even know you exist? Why hate on someone you've never had a conversation with? Why hate on someone based on how the media portray them? Why hate on someone because of sports? Why the stress, why the anger, why the loathing, why hate?

I can understand if you dislike a player but why hate:
Hate: "to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry."

Why do you hate?

jp611
06-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Why not?

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
People hate because they are jealous that a certain player isnt on their team. A lot of people hate lebron and dislike miami, but the reality is, we're all jealous and upset miami formed a super team, and big name free agents like lebron and wade didnt join our team. Its simple

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 03:12 PM
I can't begin to understand why. Dislike yes!!! But hate to the point of having no respect for a player's ability on the court/floor/field or whatever it may be is confusing to me.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 03:13 PM
It's sports.... don't get sentimental.

blastmasta26
06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah, hating is an irrational emotion when it comes to sentiments towards athletes. I can understand disliking someone for attitude or such but hating is extreme.

theheatles
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
i don't understand it...i don't hate players that don't sign with the U, FAs that didn't sign with the heat or marlins from yrs past...only ppl who should be even remotely mad are cleveland fans and they should of been wrapping it up after the cavs beat miami in cleveland in that emotional win for them...i do think miami hate will change to appreciation after championships start coming in...but we will forever have some lebron/heat haters

jezzyman05
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't hate LeBron James, I never liked him I always thought of him as being an overratedproduct of ESPN.

The guy as a tattoo that reads "CHOSEN 1" on his back, and King James on his twitter for someone who goes by those monikers better be worth the hype..and clearly Lebron is not, when Jordan was given "His Airness" he lived up to it, when Shaq was given "Superman" he delivered, lebron not so much, when his time came he choked, yes he can deny it all he wants but the truth is this is what separates the legends from the every day Joe's and Lebron will be a every day Joe.

Tomorrow I will wake up and be an average Joe in this country, it is what it is, I can live with that (and happily too), Lebron, ESPN may call you King BUT YOU ARE NOTHING LIKE " HIS AIRNESS"....

Scottie your creditbility is called into questioning...

BigBlueCrew
06-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I hope this thread isn't in reference to Lebron.

godolphins
06-14-2011, 03:36 PM
I hope this thread isn't in reference to Lebron.
OP: "Why hate on certain players?"

BigBlueCrew
06-14-2011, 03:42 PM
OP: "Why hate on certain players?"

very well

It is the way those players act. Whether it be actions on the court or maybe things they say in interviews post-game or whenever.

D1JM
06-14-2011, 03:47 PM
people unintentionally use the word hate instead of using dislike.

VRP723
06-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Because people are pathetic.

Ray_R
06-14-2011, 03:59 PM
I know this is not a LBJ thread but I would like to explain the process I went through to dislike LeBron. Mainly because he has become an arrogant douche. I wont deny I use to root for the man in the early stages of his career but he has done childish things that made me SMH.

Ex.
1. Check My Stats
2. Dancing in the sidelines (Yes it pissed me off becuase Im a Bulls fan.)
3. Im not mad he went Miami, disappointed, absolutely I Defended James when people claimed he was a choker and would never win a title in Cleveland and he proved me
wrong.
4. The Decision when he completely shat on Cleveland.
5. The Celebration
6.Not 1, Not 2 crap.

Myfinal thougt I do not hate LBJ I dislike the man there.

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I dislike Lebron. It's because he said they were gonna win 7 championships before they played a game, made fun of dirk, dubbed himself the king, again without winning anything. He comes off as a pompous d-bag. I respect him for what he can do on the court (I don't care if he choked in the finals, he's the best player in the NBA). So why do I hate? because some players honestly lack even a small amount of character. You can hate a player as a person and still respect them as a player.

Edit: Also the whole "decision" special. I know it was "for charity", this dude just likes being in the spot light, and when it gets bad he *****es. Saying that someone dislikes a player for being jealous they aren't on their team is a huge generalization. As a bulls fan, I didn't really want Lebron because I thought he'd stunt Derricks development. I wont lie though, I wanted bosh over boozer and Wade over...Bogans haha. In the beginning of the season, I did not like chris bosh because I felt that he was just tagging along with the other two. After this post season, my opinion has really changed. He kept his mouth shut and let his game speak for itself and that commands respect from me. As opposed to some of the other people. It was also oddly nice for me to watch him cry after losing. To me it showed that he really did care. I know your topic wasn't about the heat specifically, but I have to assume it had something to do with that. Sorry for the extended post.

I guess the word hate is used pretty loosely to describe your feelings towards an athlete.

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 04:04 PM
lolol look at all these lebron homers in here

"bc its pathetic"

"bc theyre jealous"

why cant you guys just admit he is NOT a likeable character? just accept it.
Quit coming up with BS reasons and excuses. he is easy to hate for a reason.
It is your choice to jump on his bandwagon and its our choice to talk trash about him.
This is the most whiny thread ive every seen. my god. Heat fans have brought their bitterness out to a "waahhh why do you hate lebron"
honestly, its a stupid question.

D Roses Bulls
06-14-2011, 04:09 PM

Why hate on someone you've never met and probably will never meet in your life? Why hate on someone who doesn't even know you exist? Why hate on someone you've never had a conversation with? Why hate on someone based on how the media portray them? Why hate on someone because of sports? Why the stress, why the anger, why the loathing, why hate?

Hate: "to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry."

Why do you hate?

why get mad when people hate on a person you will never probably meet. why get mad at someone who hates on another person that doesnt even know you exist. why get mad at people for hating on someone who portrays himself as a bad person? why get mad at someone over sports. why the stress, why the anger, why the loathing, why are you getting upset?

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 04:11 PM
lololol

godolphins
06-14-2011, 04:16 PM
why get mad when people hate on a person you will never probably meet. why get mad at someone who hates on another person that doesnt even know you exist. why get mad at people for hating on someone who portrays himself as a bad person? why get mad at someone over sports. why the stress, why the anger, why the loathing, why are you getting upset?
Mad about what exactly?

CowboysKB24
06-14-2011, 04:16 PM
You are talking about LBJ obviously.

It is sports. You like your team and not others. It is apart of sports. You can hate a player for many reasons; what they say in press conference, actions on the court/ off court, etc. I really did not like LBJ when he was making pre game skits before games and when he was getting all this praise for being MVP and then not showing up in the playoffs (back to back MVPs with no final appearances). But now that he has matured and does not do pre game dances and takes it more seriously, I don't mind him at all.

desertrat218
06-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Why do you hate?

For me it's not hate. I have absolutely no respect for him. The guy doesn't have a shred of class, every time he opens his mouth he proves what a complete jerk and idiot he is. How can anyone like that?

smith&wesson
06-14-2011, 04:18 PM
i dont hate any players or teams. I actually love the nba

I really dont think most ppl hate any one either. I think alot of homers just get defensive if your critical of theyre home team and they simply resort to calling you a hater

if someone calls you a hater on psd it could mean onlyl two things...

a) they have nothing better to say in reply to you

b) every other post you make is saying somthing negative about theyre team. in which case i would understand why they call you a hater.

llemon
06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Why root for a person you don't know and who doesn't know you exist?

AntiG
06-14-2011, 04:20 PM
People hate because they are jealous that a certain player isnt on their team.

Not really. I hate Pau Gasol because he's the biggest vagina in the league. I also hate Carlos Boozer because he's the 2nd biggest vagina in the league.

I wouldn't want either of them on my team.

smith&wesson
06-14-2011, 04:21 PM
People hate because they are jealous that a certain player isnt on their team. A lot of people hate lebron and dislike miami, but the reality is, we're all jealous and upset miami formed a super team, and big name free agents like lebron and wade didnt join our team. Its simple

whats with you quoting ppl from the raps forum ? your not making any friends this way, and we constantly see you in our off topic forums.

heres a piece of advice, if you dont like another poster just dont interact with them maybe ? all your doing is starting more crap. it makes no sence. me, eags, saddler, rego, trace etc... could do the same to you but u dont see us going around quoting every thing you say.

give it rest tofuz

younggunn113
06-14-2011, 04:21 PM
This might be the most ridiculous thread I have ever read. I don't hate the people, I hate the athlete. Realistically, I don't actually hate with passion these people. I hate Tom Brady the football player, not Tom Brady the person. I hate what he does on the football field. I hate LBJ the basketball player, I hate all of his actions that have any relation to the sport. I hate the decision, I hate the press conferences, I hate the cop out, I hate that he cheated the game of seeing a top 3 player of all time, I hate that he refuses to reach his potential (learn a post move, or turnaround J), I hate that he's a self proclaimed king, I hate that people like you made this thread to support him but try masking it by using athletes in general when its transparent that you're coming to LBJ's defense. If I ever met Lebron I'm sure he would be a good guy and probably a lot of fun, but I will never have that opportunity, so I hate him in the only regard that I'll ever know. He wants to change my opinion of him, tell him to call my cell and we'll hang out.

Crackadalic
06-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Theres nothing better to do. They failed at sex, getting a good job, getting bullied, dropping your subway sandwhich on the train and failed at life. So its better to hate on people's success because there life sucks o so bad

smith&wesson
06-14-2011, 04:24 PM

this is one way too look at it too. it goes both ways.

godolphins
06-14-2011, 04:25 PM

Well, um....because he's on my team

younggunn113
06-14-2011, 04:31 PM

Well, um....I hate them because they are not on my team.

Shmontaine
06-14-2011, 04:31 PM
LOL thread... Why???

take your head out of your arse and look around... there's about 1% of nba fans who like lebron...

mjt20mik
06-14-2011, 04:32 PM
It's easier to hate.

DaSox_05
06-14-2011, 04:34 PM

Hey I thought you were a Cavs fan!?

You play for the Heat?

I never hated Lebron James, I actually think he is probably the best player in the NBA. I dont like a lot of decisions he made. And not coming to the Bulls is not one of them. "The Decision" was dumb and really hurt his image. He told us in the decision that he is not that alpha male. He doesnt have the killer instinct that the all time NBA greats have. The man is 6'8" 250lbs, he should be dominating and player who tries to guard him. It to me just looked like in the Dallas series he was afraid in the 4th quarter. In the Bulls series he didnt look scarred. It just seemed like he was afraid to fail and miss a shot late in the game. The fourth quarter in the NBA finals is were he should dominate but he chose to hide, pass the ball and not be aggressive.

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Not really. I hate Pau Gasol because he's the biggest vagina in the league. I also hate Carlos Boozer because he's the 2nd biggest vagina in the league.

lolol

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 04:37 PM

As a Bulls fan I may have to fight you on this issue. Pau lets girls run his life, but at least he doesn't "trip on bags" in the dark. Or other lame excuses for why boozer is the biggest waste of money currently in chicago (yes that include alfonso soriano)

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 04:38 PM
OP = bitter that the Heat lost and his favorite player, lebron, is hated by majority of the NBA nation.

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 04:38 PM
This might be the most ridiculous thread I have ever read. I don't hate the people, I hate the athlete. Realistically, I don't actually hate with passion these people. I hate Tom Brady the football player, not Tom Brady the person. I hate what he does on the football field. I hate LBJ the basketball player, I hate all of his actions that have any relation to the sport. I hate the decision, I hate the press conferences, I hate the cop out, I hate that he cheated the game of seeing a top 3 player of all time, I hate that he refuses to reach his potential (learn a post move, or turnaround J), I hate that he's a self proclaimed king, I hate that people like you made this thread to support him but try masking it by using athletes in general when its transparent that you're coming to LBJ's defense. If I ever met Lebron I'm sure he would be a good guy and probably a lot of fun, but I will never have that opportunity, so I hate him in the only regard that I'll ever know. He wants to change my opinion of him, tell him to call my cell and we'll hang out.

i like this rant. A+

godolphins
06-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Hey I thought you were a Cavs fan!?

You play for the Heat?

I never hated Lebron James, I actually think he is probably the best player in the NBA. I dont like a lot of decisions he made. And not coming to the Bulls is not one of them. "The Decision" was dumb and really hurt his image. He told us in the decision that he is not that alpha male. He doesnt have the killer instinct that the all time NBA greats have. The man is 6'8" 250lbs, he should be dominating and player who tries to guard him. It to me just looked like in the Dallas series he was afraid in the 4th quarter. In the Bulls series he didnt look scarred. It just seemed like he was afraid to fail and miss a shot late in the game. The fourth quarter in the NBA finals is were he should dominate but he chose to hide, pass the ball and not be aggressive.
No Sir, I'm a fan of the Heat and I support and root for every player on that team.

Shmontaine
06-14-2011, 04:54 PM
No Sir, I'm a fan of the Heat and I support and root for every player on that team.

I think you should root for lebron to not be a arrogant ******* then, and stop blindly pretending that he isn't...

do you think you're a better fan because you root for EVERYONE on the team, regardless of what kind of person they are?? do you have some rule that you HAVE to like every player on the team?...

i get rooting for your team, but players leave teams and fans all the time, do you root for every past heat player... you should be rooting for marion, he was on the heat... why does it matter that he currently is on the mavs... did you stop rooting for him once he left the heat??

how do you feel about beasley?? do you still root for him...

players come and go, lebron has shown no loyalties to teams or fans, good for you for giving him your love... he won't return the favor...

desertrat218
06-14-2011, 04:54 PM

You just lost all basketball credibility. You wouldn't want either one on your team? I bet Wade would love to have either one of them on his team instead of Lebron right now!

MJL
06-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I think the reason for most fans either dislike or hate LBJ is not "The Decision", it was how LBJ cutting corners and assenbling his own all star team. He distory the tridition and balance of NBA. I could but he shouldn't.
When he formed his own all star team in Miami, it threatened and over shadow all other 29 NBA teams and their fans. So that's all those dislike and hate come from. Then on top of that, you have "The Decision", and all other arrogant statements and stuffs...He used to have all the passes from the media and fans, but he burned it all and he has reached the point of no return.

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 05:05 PM
You just lost all basketball credibility. You wouldn't want either one on your team? I bet Wade would love to have either one of them on his team instead of Lebron right now!

Boozer disappeared even more than Lebron and at least he can play a little D.

godolphins
06-14-2011, 05:13 PM

I'm sure he wouldn't

WHODAT8o8
06-14-2011, 05:13 PM
thered be no point in sports

godolphins
06-14-2011, 05:16 PM
I think you should root for lebron to not be a arrogant ******* then, and stop blindly pretending that he isn't...

do you think you're a better fan because you root for EVERYONE on the team, regardless of what kind of person they are?? do you have some rule that you HAVE to like every player on the team?...

i get rooting for your team, but players leave teams and fans all the time, do you root for every past heat player... you should be rooting for marion, he was on the heat... why does it matter that he currently is on the mavs... did you stop rooting for him once he left the heat??

how do you feel about beasley?? do you still root for him...

players come and go, lebron has shown no loyalties to teams or fans, good for you for giving him your love... he won't return the favor...
When I said u root for everybody on my team I meant on the court. What kind of fan would I be if I wanted Lebron or any other player on my team to have a bad game?

beasted86
06-14-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't hate any player in the NBA.

There are only a handful I dislike, and even still wouldn't be the fool at a game heckling them or saying anything negative if I met them in real life.

Truth is half of these players, even the minimum scrubs make way more money than you'll ever see in your life. They are living the lifestyle you wish you had. On top of all of that, and the hoards of groupies they get, they are all tall strong athletes that would probably fold you up into a ball and throw you in the garbage can in a fist fight or have one of their willing goons do it for them.

Ripper Gein
06-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Paul Pierce is the BIGGEST VAG IN SPORTS look it up i think it was proven on "Sports Science"...

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 05:20 PM
I think you have to differentiate between "hate" and the "hater." For example I hate (or really dislike) KG because he's a Celtic, and he's dirty. Im not a hater, I don't call him names, I don't discredit his game, Im not happy to see him fail (except against LA of course), and I don't want to see him hurt.

To me the hater is mostly salty for non-basketball issues. "He's too arrogant" (imagine that, an arrogant athlete!) or "he's overpaid" ( straight jealousy, why are you worried about another mans paycheck?).... and stuff like that.

albertc86
06-14-2011, 05:20 PM
The same reason why they hate is the same reason why you defend someone you will never meet. Or, the same reason why you'd hang a poster up of you're favorite athlete. I mean, aren't you just posting up a large picture of a dude at the end of the day?

Ripper Gein
06-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Simple though Really NBA fans Dislike and very much enjoyed lbj losing the way he did, heat fans will defend with every tired cliche there is everyone else's opinion of this.

D-Leethal
06-14-2011, 05:26 PM
dumbest thread of all time......

this is sports, you're going to root for some guys and against others.......do you root for and like every player in the NBA? Everyone has reasons to dislike certain players............and if you didn't root against certain teams or players than you wouldn't be as passionate for your own team IMO......

Also, as a Heat fan, do you really not understand why people hate your team and Lebron? 'The Decision' and the pre-season super friends narcissistic love myself fest was one of the most disgraceful and classless events that I have ever witnessed and the entire world agrees with me........thats why people hate the Heat and add on top of that how much of a little girl Bosh is (drowning in his own tears on live TV, being dubbed the Ru Paul of big men, contentness with playing to 1/2 his capabilities and coasting through the regular season while showing up once every 4-5 games) and how much of a self loving douchebag Lebron has become, it is really difficult to see why your team is hated? It is difficult to recognize they brought it upon themselves?

Your team made your bed, your fans ate it up and tucked yourselves in, now its time to sleep in it

Rego247
06-14-2011, 05:32 PM

so if i hate rupaul that means im jealous that he's not with the raps anymore?

right that makes sense.

godolphins
06-14-2011, 05:33 PM
dumbest thread of all time......

this is sports, you're going to root for some guys and against others.......do you root for and like every player in the NBA? Everyone has reasons to dislike certain players............and if you didn't root against certain teams or players than you wouldn't be as passionate for your own team IMO......

Also, as a Heat fan, do you really not understand why people hate your team and Lebron? 'The Decision' and the pre-season super friends narcissistic love myself fest was one of the most disgraceful and classless events that I have ever witnessed and the entire world agrees with me........thats why people hate the Heat and add on top of that how much of a little girl Bosh is (drowning in his own tears on live TV, being dubbed the Ru Paul of big men, contentness with playing to 1/2 his capabilities and coasting through the regular season while showing up once every 4-5 games) and how much of a self loving douchebag Lebron has become, it is really difficult to see why your team is hated? It is difficult to recognize they brought it upon themselves?

Your team made your bed, your fans ate it up and tucked yourselves in, now its time to sleep in it
Sounds like you need a hug

Ripper Gein
06-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Sounds like you need a hug

And some people Need Clues:D

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I think you have to differentiate between "hate" and the "hater." For example I hate (or really dislike) KG because he's a Celtic, and he's dirty. Im not a hater, I don't call him names, I don't discredit his game, Im not happy to see him fail (except against LA of course), and I don't want to see him hurt.

To me the hater is mostly salty for non-basketball issues. "He's too arrogant" (imagine that, an arrogant athlete!) or "he's overpaid" ( straight jealousy, why are you worried about another mans paycheck?).... and stuff like that.

I'm worried about another man's paycheck because him making that much money handicaps the team that I root for...

Dash
06-14-2011, 05:54 PM

Maybe because they act cocky?

Act like they are the most amazing ever?

Say they are going to win 7 tittles.

Show boat every chance they can get.

Make fun of sick players then get smashed the next game?

Then make a rude comment about people that hate on him.

He put it on himself (speaking about LeBron) and then he gets what was comming for him hate.

He should have know what will happen, and it's happening and people feel bad for him?

This is his fault.