PDA

View Full Version : DeShawn Stevenson calls Heat "Classless"

marj987
06-14-2011, 01:35 AM
IDK if this is thread worthy or not....But Stevenson is starting o=to talk a bit much to me.....He won......No need to riducule them no longer......Oh and his statement was..."Take that....Classless heat."
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6657084

TylerSL
06-14-2011, 01:37 AM
we will be back, I doubt he gets back. Im not worried about it

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Stevenson has no class. "how does my dirk taste?" come on thats low, but funny. Stevenson has been the loudest of the mavericks players. He screams during intros for no reason.

nyyfan4life
06-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Everything he said is kinda true. The only thing is that its Stevenson that's saying it. If it was someone a bit more important, it would hold more merit. The way the Mavs played after the 'antics' of LeBron and Wade before game 5 clearly affected the Mavs players. It did get personal like Carlisle said.

marj987
Stevenson has no class. "how does my dirk taste?" come on thats low, but funny. Stevenson has been the loudest of the mavericks players. He screams during intros for no reason.

.....Dallas made that up....Not stevenson....

LakersIn5
stevenson needs to stfu. i wont care if dirk,kidd says this or even terry but stevenson really needs to zip it.

sasha w/ the lakers > stevenson

TheRunKiller
06-14-2011, 01:55 AM
[QUOTE=TylerSL;18236011]lol I like how I said I'm not worried about it, and you ask me if im mad.

Also, my team got a ring in 06, and will be in contention for years, unlike Dallas./QUOTE]

how do you know? Dallas can rebuild just like Miami did

TylerSL
06-14-2011, 02:00 AM
how do you know? Dallas can rebuild just like Miami did

ok, good point. Let me rephrase, the core of this Heat team will be in contention for years, while the core of Dallas wont.

marlinsfan24
06-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Wouldn't mind this from Kidd, Nowitzki, Marion, or hell even Terry. But Stevenson is a world class *******. Can't stand him. Didn't his coach just call the Heat a class organization yesterday?

nyyfan4life
06-14-2011, 02:02 AM
ok, good point. Let me rephrase, the core of this Heat team will be in contention for years, while the core of Dallas wont.

So what?

John Walls Era
06-14-2011, 02:06 AM
When you're a fellow player, calling others classless really doesn't make you classy. I'm ok with the media or even fans labeling players, but you don't call out peers, this isn't elementary school. You win, enjoy it, leave it for the fans to have your back.

TylerSL
06-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Probably before you were a fan.

First of all, I was a fan, I can assure you. And secondly, I dont have to justify myself to you. I'm going to college in the fall, do you have to know that as well?

Sadds The Gr8
06-14-2011, 02:13 AM
he's right.

TylerSL
06-14-2011, 02:19 AM
:nod: Check join date, July 2010 :D

July 4th, 2010. Not July 7th, or July 8th. Anyways, please explain to me how a joindate on an internet site justifies who is a fan, and who isnt??? What team do you support and how long have you supported them??? Your join date says you've been a fan since January 2010 :facepalm:

nyyfan4life
06-14-2011, 02:21 AM
July 4th, 2010. Not July 7th, or July 8th. Still please explain to me how a joindate on an internet site justifies who is a fan, and who isnt???

It doesn't. Its just weird because you're getting pretty defensive about it. No one has to justify their fan-hood, especially on the internet.

setman2000
06-14-2011, 02:28 AM
Stevenson is a role player who had a really nice series. LeBron is a superstar who came to Miami to play in the finals and win rings and he absolutely choked and he has BECOME a low class player in the way that he carries himself. Stevenson 1, LeBron 0

PurpleJesus
06-14-2011, 02:41 AM
its alright for fans to hate on lebron, but not players? is that the point of the hate in here? please clarify.

CityofChaos
06-14-2011, 03:45 AM
So let me get this straight--A classless guy is calling out people whom he feels are classless?

SMH

:facepalm:

I could care less about Lebron or the Heat but all this hate is getting annoying....Thank God I have the draft to look forward to

Lone Maverick
06-14-2011, 04:09 AM
Did you all think Stevenson liked them when he got into that shoving match with Haslem and Chalmers in game 6?

TylerSL
06-14-2011, 04:14 AM
if u say so:rolleyes:

did you become a Raptors fan since they got Demar Derozan?????????? Thats what your joindate says :facepalm:

MFFL==FML
06-14-2011, 04:31 AM
did you become a Raptors fan since they got Demar Derozan?????????? Thats what your joindate says :facepalm:

Lets say he did. Isn't it better to jump on a Derozan "bandwagon" when he still kind of sucks balls and the team is in ruins rather than waiting for the team to get 3 of the top 20 players in the NBA? You are kind of making a fool of yourself, no offense.

ewmania
06-14-2011, 04:49 AM
well its not like stevenson wasnt lights out from 3pt line... he still was apart of dallas victory none the less

John Walls Era
06-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Lets say he did. Isn't it better to jump on a Derozan "bandwagon" when he still kind of sucks balls and the team is in ruins rather than waiting for the team to get 3 of the top 20 players in the NBA? You are kind of making a fool of yourself, no offense.

Anyone who goes into the join date = when you were a fan is a fool. So you're only a fan if you join PSD? You can't join PSD after becoming a fan? You become a fan after joining PSD?

Please... half of what the NBA forum doesn't even make sense.

Shark
06-14-2011, 05:12 AM
First >>> Lol to "how does my dirk taste" thats hilarious.

Second >>> Heat Lost, Get over it, it was obvious since they entered the league, James tried to over hype the situation since they got together and made a big party, he knows he isnt winning but he's doing the smart thing and building his name another way. Also building his networth. But he still will never win. Oh and Gilbert also put the biggest jynx on him, "LeBron will never win a championship........." I mean thats pretty intense.

sventhedog
06-14-2011, 07:14 AM
stevenson has the same IQ as james so i'm not surprised at what they say or do.

NBA-GMaster
06-14-2011, 07:34 AM
I really hope Dallas wont resign Deshawn Stevenson.. they could find a better defender than him..

akagiredsuns
06-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Wow. Who cares what Stevenson says? Let him talk. He's a champion too. In the end, he also gets a ring like the rest of the guys on the Mavs. What hypocrites we have here. When the Heat do something, they're justified. When the shoe's on the other foot, people cry foul. Get over it. The Cheat lost. And the balance of the NBA is safe. Heat winning would have been bad for the league. Shows teams that three superstars doesn't guarantee you a title. Good ol' balance and chemistry does.

marlinsfan24
06-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Wow. Who cares what Stevenson says? Let him talk. He's a champion too. In the end, he also gets a ring like the rest of the guys on the Mavs. What hypocrites we have here. When the Heat do something, they're justified. When the shoe's on the other foot, people cry foul. Get over it. The Cheat lost. And the balance of the NBA is safe. Heat winning would have been bad for the league. Shows teams that three superstars doesn't guarantee you a title. Good ol' balance and chemistry does.

Have you ever posted on the NBA forum? Every NBA player can do no wrong and the Heat can't do anything right on here. Been that way the entire season.

SKINZ1017
06-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Have you ever posted on the NBA forum? Every NBA player can do no wrong and the Heat can't do anything right on here. Been that way the entire season.

you guys brought it on yourselves. not so much the fans but your big 3. Everyone's criticall when it comes to superstars, you guys have 3...what did yall expect? They just handled everything the wrong way

DR_1
06-14-2011, 07:54 AM
You know what the funny thing is - he's absolutely right.

BadBoyPistons
06-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Stevenson had what...one good game in the finals and he's talking trash again? This guy needs to learn to shut up for once. All the rest of the Mavercks players are pretty humble guys.

JasonJohnHorn
06-14-2011, 08:13 AM
He got a point. Juss sayin

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 08:47 AM

i dunnoooo dwade is around 30 and bosh might get traded. and the finals are like Kryptonite to Bron.

tsmiller
06-14-2011, 08:56 AM
I cannot do it with the Cavs
I cannot do it against the Mavs
I cannot do it in Cleveland getting paid
I cannot do it with Bosh and Wade
...With the Cavs I just got beat,
............much the same now with the Heat
I could not win it by the lake
I just can't win it, I'm a fake
Should I blame it on my toe
Should I blame it on my elbow
I took my talents to South Beach
Still that championship is out of reach
I left Ohio like a jerk
Now Cuban's screaming "Suck My Dirk"

sb123
06-14-2011, 09:01 AM
I left Ohio like a jerk

Classic, can not wait for the illustrated version.

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 09:05 AM
I left Ohio like a jerk

lol not bad

quade36
06-14-2011, 09:07 AM
First of all, I was a fan, I can assure you. And secondly, I dont have to justify myself to you. I'm going to college in the fall, do you have to know that as well?

Thats cute. Meanwhile you dis people on this forum. Some people here who may already be in the real world and have invested in their teams (i.e. are season ticket holders)

All I can say is enjoy college.

omdigga
06-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I left Ohio like a jerk

:clap:

I didnt know Dr. Seuss was a hater too... damn.. everyone hates bron..

miller74
06-14-2011, 09:09 AM
IDK if this is thread worthy or not....But Stevenson is starting o=to talk a bit much to me.....He won......No need to riducule them no longer......Oh and his statement was..."Take that....Classless heat."http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6657084

Classy

BigCityofDreams
06-14-2011, 10:20 AM
you guys brought it on yourselves. not so much the fans but your big 3. Everyone's criticall when it comes to superstars, you guys have 3...what did yall expect? They just handled everything the wrong way

I might be wrong or late on this but is it true that after game 1 Lebron and Wade were riding around in Go Carts basically feeling that the series was going to be easy and over in no time?

Marlin234
06-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Lol Stevenson saying that is hilarious. Considering he's a classless thugged out pos as well. Someone please send this guy to the projects, maybe he can still save his cracke whore mother.

Raps26
06-14-2011, 10:41 AM
After reading the article I think that everything in the article he says is true. It doesnt really need to be said becuase it is evident but its still true. The way Miami acted throughout the series was 'classless' and they got put in their place where it counts...on the court. I understand Stevenson's joy since their was past history there between him and Lebron.

12to85
06-14-2011, 10:49 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
I left Ohio like a jerk

da1nonlydre16
06-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Stevenson is a hypocrite, he throws up gangs signs after every 3 he hits and wants to call Lebron classless, we've all seen how much Stevenson tries to poke at bron since 2006 and Lebron doesnt even feed into it, thats class. You guys need to stop saying our big 3 asked for this. The way our city handled the big 3 is how we do things in south florida, we had a parade with Shaq in a trailer when he arrived, we used to have parades in the 80s when the University of Miami was moved up to the #1 spot in the weekly top 25. we celebrate all the time. the media is the reason all this negativity is on our team, they make a big deal out of everything someone from the heat does. If lebron tweets something it makes headlines on espn or is a all day topic on sportscenter. its kind of funny how people say the heat are classless but not many of you guys on here didnt want lebron, bosh, or wade or your team last year. Would they be classless if they played on the Knicks or Bulls? btw the congrats to all the real mavs fans. thats a great hardworking team that deserved it.

SoxBearsBulls!
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Thankx Nostradamus!

Marlin234
06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
stevenson is a hypocrite, he throws up gangs signs after every 3 he hits and wants to call lebron classless, we've all seen how much stevenson tries to poke at bron since 2006 and lebron doesnt even feed into it, thats class. You guys need to stop saying our big 3 asked for this. The way our city handled the big 3 is how we do things in south florida, we had a parade with shaq in a trailer when he arrived, we used to have parades in the 80s when the university of miami was moved up to the #1 spot in the weekly top 25. We celebrate all the time. The media is the reason all this negativity is on our team, they make a big deal out of everything someone from the heat does. If lebron tweets something it makes headlines on espn or is a all day topic on sportscenter. Its kind of funny how people say the heat are classless but not many of you guys on here didnt want lebron, bosh, or wade or your team last year. Would they be classless if they played on the knicks or bulls? Btw the congrats to all the real mavs fans. Thats a great hardworking team that deserved it.

+1

ddhulett
06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Honestly being a Mavs fan I love Stevenson! I think every team needs a guy like him.

If I weren't a Mavs fan I would probably dislike him a lot LOL because he get's under the oppositions skin.

But since I'm a Mavs fan I appreciate how he put's his self out there to be hated by many but Dallas has his back all the way!

da1nonlydre16
06-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Honestly being a Mavs fan I love Stevenson! I think every team needs a guy like him.

If I weren't a Mavs fan I would probably dislike him a lot LOL because he get's under the oppositions skin.

But since I'm a Mavs fan I appreciate how he put's his self out there to be hated by many but Dallas has his back all the way!

completely agree that everyteam needs a guy like him(gritty,tough player), but he's an idiot, he runs his mouth too much, but he backed it up big time in that series. But for him to call Lebron classless but then go where that shirt around. Can anyone on here honestly say lebron would wear a t-shirt like that ?

Jarvo
06-14-2011, 12:18 PM
When its all said and done NO ONE will remember him from this team a year from now

Missing56&33
06-14-2011, 12:36 PM

I'm ecstatic about the Heat losing in the Finals......I just wish the Knicks could have gotten the 7th seed and we would have put them out of their misery early.....but like you said the Heat will be back but the Knicks want their shot at them as well. Looking forward to the old school rivalry to get renewed next season. Pat Riley will be back coaching by then so it will be extra special to knock the Heat and the big three out again. :cry:-----Bosh

Rego247
06-14-2011, 12:43 PM

of course ur not.

why should we even play out next season? lets just give u guys the title from the start.

da1nonlydre16
06-14-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm ecstatic about the Heat losing in the Finals......I just wish the Knicks could have gotten the 7th seed and we would have put them out of their misery early.....but like you said the Heat will be back but the Knicks want their shot at them as well. Looking forward to the old school rivalry to get renewed next season. Pat Riley will be back coaching by then so it will be extra special to knock the Heat and the big three out again. :cry:-----Bosh

are you serious, you got swept by a team the heat clearly beat, how about the knicks maybe win a playoff game before you start with this. its been like 11 years since the knicks did that right? i do wana see that rivalry renewed though, its good for basketball

MR.TRIPDUB
06-14-2011, 12:50 PM

This. I thought they should hear how disrespected they were as a team from the players themselves and its not gonna come from dirk or kidd cuz thats not their style. Stevenson (and terry) gives the mavs players a voice for the media. If its not classy well so be it.

D-Block21-Chito
06-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Don't be mad heat fans remember Lebron promised you not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6...7!!! Their is alwyas next year. :)

MetroZoo
06-14-2011, 01:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Ai0AHRvMKoA1DRkDkWpFZAK8vLYF?gid=200606 1814

kenzo400
06-14-2011, 01:28 PM
lol ahahaha "how does my Dirk taste" Now that is priceless

JayAllDay
06-14-2011, 01:34 PM
I find graet humor in the fact that you asked Deshawn to read anything

SteBO
06-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Don't be mad heat fans remember Lebron promised you not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6...7!!! Their is alwyas next year. :)
I'm not mad actually. I don't get myself riled up over what a clown like Stevenson says. :) It provides unecessary stress for myself, when really it isn't worth it. Let him spew his trash. He won the championship.

Gibby23
06-14-2011, 01:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Ai0AHRvMKoA1DRkDkWpFZAK8vLYF?gid=200606 1814

Why?

blastmasta26
06-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Even if what he's saying is indeed true, there's a huge amount of hypocrisy present. Stevenson is the epitome of classless, I find it ironic that he feels justified labeling someone else as such.

whitemamba33
06-14-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't get it.

Why should Deshawn Stevenson care that a VERY different Heat team beat a VERY different Dallas team that he wasn't even on 5 years ago?

I'm not defending Deshawn at all...I've never liked the guy. I just don't see how this is funny and/or meaningful at all.

Sadds The Gr8
06-14-2011, 01:47 PM

thank you.

Like i'd bandwagon a perennial lottery team...lol

Missing56&33
06-14-2011, 02:27 PM
are you serious, you got swept by a team the heat clearly beat, how about the knicks maybe win a playoff game before you start with this. its been like 11 years since the knicks did that right? i do wana see that rivalry renewed though, its good for basketball

I just think we matched up better with the Heat. We played Boston well.....if we get the Heat maybe Amar'e and Billups stay healthy......I just think we would have beaten them. That would have been like winning the championship for us. But we will beat them next season.

ChitownSports16
06-14-2011, 02:31 PM
All I gotta say is DeShawn got a Ring/Ship so he can say whatever he wants...

Good for DeShawn!

210Don
06-14-2011, 02:32 PM
hate the mavs

theheatles
06-14-2011, 02:33 PM
i'm starting to think deshawn has psychological problems, he keeps calling out the heat for every negative thing that he displays himself, what a pathetic joke...i can't wait to be reading up on him in 6 years when he goes bankrupt for being a dumb fck with his money

YoungOne
06-14-2011, 02:55 PM
I want him on the celtics next season :)

Jarvo
06-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Welp! I cant wait til nxt season, From reading half these comments SOME! bulls & knicks fans sound real bitter. I hope the heat play both of them in the playoffs. PSD is gonna def shutdown from all the trash talk going on between they're fans.

jiggin
06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
post the whole quote or don't post this at all...:

"It makes me feel good, man, to beat him, to beat that Miami team," Stevenson told ESPNDallas.com in an AmericanAirlines Arena hallway after the Mavs clinched the title with Sunday's Game 6 win. "The way they act, the way they treated Dirk [Nowitzki], all the things that they said were very classless. To win on the court the way we did it, it was wonderful."

little different sounding when you put it all together, I think.

MetroZoo
06-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Maybe Stevenon should see that clop of Dork kicking a ball into the stands on '06...yeah real classy guy :facepalm:

Hellcrooner
06-14-2011, 04:16 PM
he surely knows what he talks bout.

i mean, he wrote the book of being clasless so he woudl recognize his peers?

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 04:33 PM
clop of dork? lol

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 04:34 PM
i'm starting to think deshawn has psychological problems, he keeps calling out the heat for every negative thing that he displays himself, what a pathetic joke...i can't wait to be reading up on him in 6 years when he goes bankrupt for being a dumb fck with his money

bitter heat fan lol

MetroZoo
06-15-2011, 02:52 PM
clop of dork? lol

meant clip*...dork was intentional

Kenny Powders
06-15-2011, 03:13 PM
No matter what some may personally think of Stevenson, he does have a point. The way that James and Wade joked about Dirk being sick was completely classless. The heat have a greater than thou feeling about them. Maybe this season proves to be a reality check. The other 29 teams are not just going to concede the title.

MagicHero3
06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
i wonder if the cops were being classy when they arrested stevenson? lol

Randy West
06-15-2011, 05:17 PM
I wonder if he was being classy when he got a fourteen year old drunk in a Fresno Hotel room and raped her? I know it was long ago but still even if you are only twenty.......dude she is FOURTEEN!!!

At least he got her some brandy.....now thats class for ya

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93053&page=1

dodie53
06-15-2011, 07:02 PM
stay classy D.S.

knicks4life33
06-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Here are my top 5 lebron jokes:

1) heard lebron skipped college cuz he doesnt know how to deal with finals.

2) i heard theres a new lebron james phone coming out. It only vibrates cause it has no rings.

3)a wife tells her husband" i want to name our son lebron james" the husband replies "i dont like it" it just doesnt have a ring to it.

4)dont ask lebron change for a dollar cause he only has 3 quaters.

5) today is national lebron james day, everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early

gotoHcarolina52
06-15-2011, 07:16 PM
"Hey, DeShawn, tell me how Bubba's bleep tastes." - LeBron James

IamKaiserSoze
06-15-2011, 07:17 PM
for those who say stevenson is right...maybe, maybe not. but the act of saying it makes him a douche bag.

cardinals1226
06-15-2011, 07:24 PM
The funniest part about what Stevenson said was his DUI arrest shortly after saying it. Keep up the good work DeShawn because you're the example to staying classy. [sarcasm]

Bring The Heat
06-15-2011, 07:34 PM
The funniest part about what Stevenson said was his DUI arrest shortly after saying it. Keep up the good work DeShawn because you're the example to staying classy. [sarcasm]

LMAO dude calls heat classless and about 48-72 hours later gets arrested for public intoxication..... EPIC FAIL

marj987
06-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Here are my top 5 lebron jokes:

1) heard lebron skipped college cuz he doesnt know how to deal with finals.

2) i heard theres a new lebron james phone coming out. It only vibrates cause it has no rings.

3)a wife tells her husband" i want to name our son lebron james" the husband replies "i dont like it" it just doesnt have a ring to it.

4)dont ask lebron change for a dollar cause he only has 3 quaters.

5) today is national lebron james day, everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early

Your missing one...........Compare any Mav plaer to LeBron....And all you can and say is......"Who Has More Rings?"

marj987
06-15-2011, 08:15 PM
hate the mavs

Why? You Mean You Hate Stevenson?

BarackObama
06-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Karma is a mother ****er isn't it...

majestic
06-16-2011, 01:54 AM

contention doesnt always equal a ring, lebron will retire ringless. oooo baby i called this years ago!! most over hyped classless "superstar"

lebron finally had the refs on his side and he still choked lol!! how do u fail when the league wanted u too win? wow just pathetic

towlsmoke420
06-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Yep the guy who got caught being drunk lost is classy

yep, thats the same guy with the lincoln tattoo on his neck

yep his more classy than the heat :/

Astronaut
06-16-2011, 02:57 AM
I mean I hate the Heat just as much as the next guy but..

For DeShawn Stevenson to say something is "Classless..."

:facepalm: