PDA

View Full Version : Miami's Mayor confident heat will silence critics

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 12:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=5672997&sportCat=nba

As mayor, I wholeheartedly welcome our newest additions in Chris Bosh, Eddie House, Juwan Howard, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Mike Miller and LeBron James. They have each received their fair share of criticism for deciding to play for Miami, but we've always been the kind of town that embraces opportunity, diversity and new beginnings. We may not have the history of Boston or the loyalty of Los Angeles, but we have D-Wade, Bosh, Udonis and, of course, The King. I love this city we call home and I love our sports teams, and we couldn't be more excited to silence the critics again.

It's a funny stigma the sports world has pegged on Miami. We are notorious for our so-called bandwagon jumpers and fair-weather fans, and to a certain extent, it's true. We love our winners and harshly critique those same winners when things go wrong. But it's what makes us unique.

Soon enough, basketball fans around the world will see just how much love Miami has to give. Soon enough, basketball fans will see that in Miami, and only Miami, the Heat is on.

Although this is an old article, it just goes to show you how accurate his prediction was. Yes, the heat came close, but failed to silence critics since they did not win a championship this year.

kntresistheheat
06-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Ummm... This is old??

MFFL==FML
06-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Sorry Mayor, you didn't silence anyone yet. Your town has only added fuel to the fire and haven't proven sh--!!! I appreciate the fact he admits his town is full of bandwagon fans. Can't be too harsh on him I suppose.

Master Mind
06-14-2011, 01:14 AM
Sorry Mayor, you didn't silence anyone yet. Your town has only added fuel to the fire and haven't proven sh--!!! I appreciate the fact he admits his town is full of bandwagon fans. Can't be too harsh on him I suppose.

:cool: