PDA

View Full Version : Moving On?

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Now that the 2010-2011 season is in the books, can we place "The Decision" and the "championship" celebration behind us now? Many posters on here have said that the Heat have gotten the "karma" that they had coming to them. If that's true, I think it's time we forgave all this and moved on.

Thoughts? I hope to have a civil conversation on this matter.

PS: Don't think LBJ's championship declarations should be forgotten or forgiven until his stint with the Heat is over.

LionsFan..LOL
06-13-2011, 05:49 PM
For me this season is done so the crap that Miami did from last offseason to now is dead and gone. It'll be tough to root against Miami since I don't have a reason to this time lol. I guess I'll just have to find one ;)

IDB Josh M
06-13-2011, 05:50 PM
I agree. But I'll let his press conference where he basically says he's better than all his haters be the new reason to hate him for the year.

:D

DoJoTheSlasher
06-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Can we please stop talking about Miami and LeBron...

BDawk4Prez
06-13-2011, 05:52 PM
No, he made his bed, time to lie in it.

Cubs Win
LeBron's still a prick. Wade is turning more classless every minute he hangs around LeBron. I respect their talents on the court. But I will certainly continue to enjoy watching them lose.

Sadds The Gr8
no thanks.

3Blueforyou
06-13-2011, 05:53 PM
The "Decision" I think I could put behind me, when that happened i was like "well **** that's a ****ing good team". I spent the couple days after that trying to figure out who would sign with them, and who could beat them. Then when that ******** slap in the face to all NBA fans unveiling or whatever you want to call it happened I lost all respect for not only those players but the organization as well. I don't think i can ever put that behind me when i look at that organization, they turned a routine press conference into a massive spectacle side show/marketing stint/money making event. I did not take well to that event at all, especially some of the things said during that event.

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Heat fans just do yourself a favor and learn to live with it. The haters will never quit, regardless of future success. Trust me, Im a Laker fan...

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Heat fans just do yourself a favor and learn to live with it. The haters will never quit, regardless of future success. Trust me, Im a Laker fan...

I love the girl in your sig :drool:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Haters are still going to hate until all three leave Miami. I don't speak for just myself but probably most NBA posters on the site.

gaughan333
06-13-2011, 06:13 PM
I will stop hating them when they stop acting like arrogant dick heads

macc
06-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm more annoyed with the Lebron/Heat bashers then I am with the decision and rockstar party they had. At least those two things are in the past, the bashing goes on day after day after day after day after day.

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Haters are still going to hate until all three leave Miami. I don't speak for just myself but probably most NBA posters on the site.

I disagree with this. I think the main problem for the Heat hate is Lebron. If the Heat were to do the much talked about Lebron for Howard trade, the Heat would go from one of the most hated to one of the most loved teams in the NBA imo.

gaughan333
06-13-2011, 06:29 PM
I disagree with this. I think the main problem for the Heat hate is Lebron. If the Heat were to do the much talked about Lebron for Howard trade, the Heat would go from one of the most hated to one of the most loved teams in the NBA imo.

Would they have some sort of performance to celebrate the trade? Or declare that they were going to win more than 7 championships? If the answer is no, then I would probably hate them a little less.

Bruno
06-13-2011, 06:31 PM
It'd be nice if the moving on process could commence.

Realistically, the sporting world is filled with haters who will never get off the Heats back until they bring home the hardware.

sb123
06-13-2011, 06:32 PM
The ring is the thing.

gaughan333
06-13-2011, 06:37 PM
If the heat would just shut up (you're right, it's mostly Lebron) and play basketball I would have no problem with them. I highly respect all of them as basketball players, they're great and I will admit I'd gladly take any one of them on my team. But shut up!

k.smith904
06-13-2011, 06:54 PM
it hasn't even been 24 hours yet and you've had enough?

I feel for you, but the Heat asked for this criticism with the way they've acted all year.

:shrug:

LA_Raiders
06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Enjoy the ride LeBrick

nstojic
06-13-2011, 07:18 PM
:laugh2: @ lebron shames, apologists

KingPosey
06-13-2011, 07:26 PM
they won LAST NIGHT, and you want the topic to be closed for good less than 20 hours later?!

No, I dont think you Miami fans are going to get that request approved from PSDers....

Sergio1984
06-13-2011, 08:05 PM
I will never stop hating them. They dug their own grave, now they must deal with the consequences. Celebrating when they beat Boston as if they won the trophy.... showboating during the Bulls series. Showboating in game 2 of this series when they thought they had it wrapped up only to end up losing the game. I love it, I was so happy yesterday and I am sure the world feels the same way. I was so damn happy it almost felt like my own team had won the ship, that's how bad I wanted Miami to lose.

Vinylman
06-13-2011, 08:09 PM

exactly...

Lebron is the reason people hate on the heat... not wade or bosh.

Kashmir13579
06-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Its never gonna stop. For better or worse.

DROSE4MVP
06-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Eh... the hate will never stop for Miami. It won't be as bad as this year next season, but people will still hate the Heat. LeBron's press conference was a little off-setting, as he's basically saying his life is better than ours and he'll be fine. It was kind of childish, but whatever... not a big deal. LeBron and Wade have really changed this season, attitude-wise. Mocking Dirk before the biggest game of the year? Like... seriously, LeBron and Wade? Like Dirk said, it's really childish and the respect I had for them after the Chicago series basically went out the window after that.

Wade especially pissed me off last night... you DO NOT complain to the refs in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, especially when it warrants a technical foul. I mean, for God's sake it's the NBA Finals and it's the clinching game, sometimes the refs are going to let you complain. The Heat had a big advantage in the free throw attempts, anyway. They were lucky to even be in the game yesterday.

But back to the topic, no... no one will move on and stop hating the Heat. The hate will always continue.

ccugrad1
06-13-2011, 08:35 PM
What did LeBron do that was so bad? Loyalty in professional sports is a non-existent thing any more. You are very rarely going to see guys like Larry Bird or Magic Johnson who played their entire careers with one team anymore. Is LeBron going to be the last big time superstar free agent to leave his team. Are people on here going to boo Chris Paul when he leaves the Hornets? Or are people on here going to boo and talk down to Dwight Howard if he leaves Orlando? It is the nature of the beast in today's professional sports.

And my message to Dan Gilbert would be this-- Worry about YOUR OWN team. Your team sucks Dan and two draft picks aren't going to help you!!! I'd bet my life Dan that LeBron will make it back to the NBA Finals before your team EVEN MAKES the Playoffs!!! So do us all a favor Dan and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

ldawg
06-13-2011, 08:41 PM
No i hope he don't win until he is 32

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 09:18 PM
I love the girl in your sig :drool:

She is great! My friend was dating this chick that new her, then he broke up with her. Im like you damn fool idiot we could've at least went out to the club with them first!!!!!

gaughan333
06-13-2011, 09:24 PM
What did LeBron do that was so bad? Loyalty in professional sports is a non-existent thing any more. You are very rarely going to see guys like Larry Bird or Magic Johnson who played their entire careers with one team anymore. Is LeBron going to be the last big time superstar free agent to leave his team. Are people on here going to boo Chris Paul when he leaves the Hornets? Or are people on here going to boo and talk down to Dwight Howard if he leaves Orlando? It is the nature of the beast in today's professional sports.

And my message to Dan Gilbert would be this-- Worry about YOUR OWN team. Your team sucks Dan and two draft picks aren't going to help you!!! I'd bet my life Dan that LeBron will make it back to the NBA Finals before your team EVEN MAKES the Playoffs!!! So do us all a favor Dan and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

No because I doubt CP3 of D12 have stage an elaborate show and claim they are going to easily win multiple championships. I don't care that Lebron left Cleveland, I care how he went about it. But yeah, Wilbon said it today, I'm sick of hearing from Cleveland. You had 7 years and you didn't get it done. Perhaps they should have figured that out instead of crying after he left.

mark1125
06-13-2011, 09:43 PM
If fairness......all the bandwagon Heat fans rode the "you mad?" crap FOREVER so I guess it's the haters turn to get their shot.

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Most of the posters in here misread my initial post. I never said you have to stop hating the Heat, I just asked if we can stop discussing The Decision and the "celebration".

Young2Kinsler
06-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Can we please stop talking about Miami and LeBron...

Amen

To the OP, no. His not 5 not 6 titles speech during his pre season championship celebration will still give me happiness. His acting like a ***** and mocking his opponent in the finals, still bring me pleasure. In the end, the guy RUINED himself to alot of fans for alot of different reasons. He should have realized, along with the Miami fans, before all of this.

Young2Kinsler
06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Most of the posters in here misread my initial post. I never said you have to stop hating the Heat, I just asked if we can stop discussing The Decision and the "celebration".

I see what you are saying, but until LeBron cashes in on the check his mouth wrote, he will continue to hear about it.

Sergio1984
06-13-2011, 09:51 PM

The decision isn't really discussed as much, the celebration on the other hand won't go away. People won't forget it because those 3 idiots will find new ways for people to hate them more.

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 09:57 PM
The decision isn't really discussed as much, the celebration on the other hand won't go away. People won't forget it because those 3 idiots will find new ways for people to hate them more.

I can understand hating Lebron and Wade more after the Dirk thing. But other then that, Wade's been silent since the Bulls series. Bosh has been quiet for a long time. IMO, Bosh hasn't done anything in a while to deserve any hate. Wade, other then the Dirk thing has been alright. Most of the hate for the Heat has been because of Lebron.

I think people should also be mentioning how Riley went into the Mavs locker room to congratulate the Mavs when he didn't have to. Wade texted Dirk to congratulate him because he couldn't find Dirk on the court to congratulate him. These are the things nobody wants to talk about.

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Amen

To the OP, no. His not 5 not 6 titles speech during his pre season championship celebration will still give me happiness. His acting like a ***** and mocking his opponent in the finals, still bring me pleasure. In the end, the guy RUINED himself to alot of fans for alot of different reasons. He should have realized, along with the Miami fans, before all of this.

I have always hated Lebron and was close to liking him after what he did in the series vs the Celtics and Bulls. I probably hate him more now then I did before. He was a complete joke walking off of the court last night without congratulating the Mavs. Wade and Bosh were there for a good while shaking hands with them.

gaughan333
06-13-2011, 10:02 PM
I have a new found respect for Bosh. He was rather humble in his loss and actually played well in this series. I don't hate the fact that he cried afterward, it shows that he really did want to win this series. As opposed to losing and then walking off the court immediately.

Young2Kinsler
06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
I have always hated Lebron and was close to liking him after what he did in the series vs the Celtics and Bulls. I probably hate him more now then I did before. He was a complete joke walking off of the court last night without congratulating the Mavs. Wade and Bosh were there for a good while shaking hands with them.

I for the most part have no issue with Bosh. He made some comments in the past about coming home and playing, but it's W/E. As for Wade, he's not my favorite guy, and the coughing was childish, but I respect his game. I think he played better in this finals than in 06 even.

But this is about LeBron, and I will simply never respect the guy, so by wanting him to fail, the Heat must in turn fail too.

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 10:05 PM
I for the most part have no issue with Bosh. He made some comments in the past about coming home and playing, but it's W/E. As for Wade, he's not my favorite guy, and the coughing was childish, but I respect his game. I think he played better in this finals than in 06 even.

But this is about LeBron, and I will simply never respect the guy, so by wanting him to fail, the Heat must in turn fail too.

I can respect that. And congrats on the win again.

Young2Kinsler
06-13-2011, 10:14 PM
I can respect that. And congrats on the win again.

TY. I can also respect where you are coming from, wanting the best for your team despite what most might think of one guy.

Il Mago50
06-13-2011, 10:26 PM
I agree that Wade`s getting tarnished because of Lebron`s stupid antics but after they got taken out, I`m over it now.

I`m obviously not going to ever be cheering for them but now that the league has another off-season for Chicago, LA, OKC and Boston to make improvements, I don`t see the Big 3 beating these teams next year and I believe this experiment will end after year 3 with Lebron`s departure.

These Lebron hate threads need to go though, we`ve bashed him enough. He might be acting like a prick but after getting annihilated for an entire year everywhere he went, I can see why you`d become irratible and start fighting back.

We all need to move on and enjoy the game of basketball. Enough LeBron hatred, them losing this year is justice enough and now let the league compete again without all the hatred.

ChicagoFan4Eva
06-13-2011, 10:37 PM
"the failure"
:)

BadBoyPistons
06-13-2011, 10:46 PM
I think the hate of the Heat will slow down but once they win a championship it will break loose again. A lot of NBA Fans will hate Lebron James for the rest of his career. He is only feeding his haters so he shouldn't expect any different.

What I don't entirely understand is the hate for Chris Bosh. This guy played his heart off in this finals series and gets bashed for showing emotion after the final game. At least he cares about the team, unlike Lebron who seemingly only cares about the money and fame.

IMO Wade has done enough to get dragged down in this hatred. He clearly performed the best out of the Heat players in the series and already has a ring.

CountSackula
06-13-2011, 10:59 PM
It'll all be forgotten in about a month...I think.

What becomes of the bandwagon fans?

DROSE4MVP
06-13-2011, 11:07 PM
I think the hate of the Heat will slow down but once they win a championship it will break loose again. A lot of NBA Fans will hate Lebron James for the rest of his career. He is only feeding his haters so he shouldn't expect any different.

What I don't entirely understand is the hate for Chris Bosh. This guy played his heart off in this finals series and gets bashed for showing emotion after the final game. At least he cares about the team, unlike Lebron who seemingly only cares about the money and fame.

IMO Wade has done enough to get dragged down in this hatred. He clearly performed the best out of the Heat players in the series and already has a ring.

Completely agree. I don't understand why people hate on Bosh for crying... he's just emotional, as it shows how much he wanted to win a championship. The hate for Bosh, in my opinion, is mind-boggling considering he doesn't talk trash and just plays the game.

Illa215
06-14-2011, 12:01 AM

Wade is also a cocky douche, and Bosh is a ******.

No, I would still thoroughly enjoy 'witness'ing the Heat choke.

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Completely agree. I don't understand why people hate on Bosh for crying... he's just emotional, as it shows how much he wanted to win a championship. The hate for Bosh, in my opinion, is mind-boggling considering he doesn't talk trash and just plays the game.

I like bosh more after this series.

Supa
06-14-2011, 12:49 AM
At the start of the season, most experts and writers did not expect Miami to win it all the first year. The Heat actually equaled or exceeded the expectations. I think the extent of bashing on the Heat and Lebron is not justified.

The Heat fans, on the other hand, with all their yapping starting from the "decision", all the way near the final moments of championship series, shouldn't really complaint.

---

TylerSL
06-14-2011, 01:34 AM
look. A few people will truley put this behind them. But 90% of the people that hated Miami this season, will hate Miami next season for the same reasons they hate them now, and anything else they do in the future. Its not gonna quit just cause everybody got their way, it will only make things louder........

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 01:47 AM
If they stop acting like immature *******s I will stop hating them, simple as that. After this series I actually respect Bosh again, which is a start.