PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock is at it Again! Claims "Big 3 are done"

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 05:11 PM
This dude is such a total and complete jerk it amazes me how he still has a job! If you saw him during the post conferences he was so smug and condescending with his questions, you could tell he was just loving the moment. He's saying they need to blow the team up (I think thats absurd btw).

Anyways I'll post the link, he takes quite a few shots and its very obvious he's no Lebron fan but here's just a exerpt:

The Heat crumbled. They won’t recover. How can they?

James is a villain in Miami now. Heat fans don’t trust him. They’ll chew on him throughout the offseason and take a cynical view of all his work until the next NBA Finals. So will his teammates.

James can’t be the alpha male on a team with Wade. LeBron’s global-icon aspirations, and No. 1 Nike pitchman status won’t allow him to be Wade’s clear sidekick. Complicating matters even more, the NBA is headed for a likely work stoppage next season. An abbreviated season gives the Heat less time to work out comfortable roles for Wade and James.

Replacing Spoelstra with Pat Riley won’t fix what ails the Heat. James and Wade are the same player. In eight NBA seasons, James has demonstrated no interest in developing a low-post game to take advantage of his magnificent frame. He loves his game. It earned him two MVP trophies, lifetime financial security, the nickname King James and the freedom to avoid self-awareness at times of crisis.

“The Greater Man upstairs know when it’s my time. Right now isn’t the time,” James tweeted after Miami’s Game 6 loss.

God doesn’t care about the NBA Finals. James’ teammates and bandwagon Heat fans do. They’d love for him to spend the offseason improving his obvious weaknesses.

Short of that, they’d probably like to see him traded for parts that fit. James for Dwight Howard makes a lot of sense.

The Big Three is done. It was a noble experiment. James and Wade deserve credit for trying to make it work, for being completely loyal to and unselfish with each other for an entire season.

Now it’s time to move on before they inflict further damage on their reputations.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/miami-heat-lebron-james-dwyane-wade-chris-bosh-blow-up-the-big-three-061311?GT1=39002

llemon
06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Whitlock is now my idol.

jockrider
06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
you can't win with bosh starting at PF LOL!

LionsFan..LOL
:pity: Give them more than 1 year before you decide the big 3 is done. I hate the Miami heat but that article is just stupid.

Preacher
I enjoyed the hell out of that column. Will it happen? Maybe / probably not. But he is right on almost all counts.

Cal827
06-13-2011, 05:18 PM
This dude is such a total and complete jerk it amazes me how he still has a job! If you saw him during the post conferences he was so smug and condescending with his questions, you could tell he was just loving the moment. He's saying they need to blow the team up (I think thats absurd btw).

Anyways I'll post the link, he takes quite a few shots and its very obvious he's no Lebron fan but here's just a exerpt:

James is a villain in Miami now. Heat fans don’t trust him. They’ll chew on him throughout the offseason and take a cynical view of all his work until the next NBA Finals. So will his teammates.

James can’t be the alpha male on a team with Wade. LeBron’s global-icon aspirations, and No. 1 Nike pitchman status won’t allow him to be Wade’s clear sidekick. Complicating matters even more, the NBA is headed for a likely work stoppage next season. An abbreviated season gives the Heat less time to work out comfortable roles for Wade and James.

Replacing Spoelstra with Pat Riley won’t fix what ails the Heat. James and Wade are the same player. In eight NBA seasons, James has demonstrated no interest in developing a low-post game to take advantage of his magnificent frame. He loves his game. It earned him two MVP trophies, lifetime financial security, the nickname King James and the freedom to avoid self-awareness at times of crisis.

“The Greater Man upstairs know when it’s my time. Right now isn’t the time,” James tweeted after Miami’s Game 6 loss.

God doesn’t care about the NBA Finals. James’ teammates and bandwagon Heat fans do. They’d love for him to spend the offseason improving his obvious weaknesses.

Short of that, they’d probably like to see him traded for parts that fit. James for Dwight Howard makes a lot of sense.

The Big Three is done. It was a noble experiment. James and Wade deserve credit for trying to make it work, for being completely loyal to and unselfish with each other for an entire season.

Now it’s time to move on before they inflict further damage on their reputations.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/miami-heat-lebron-james-dwyane-wade-chris-bosh-blow-up-the-big-three-061311?GT1=39002

So I guessing that he didn't edit his writing? lol
How does this fool still have a Job?

BigBlueCrew
06-13-2011, 05:19 PM
there are parts to what whitlock says that are true

"james cant be the alpha male on a team with wade" - we all saw time and time again how lebron deferred to his batman or whatever else you guys wanna call it

and

"god doesnt care about the NBA finals" - this is just lebron's mental defense mechanism for dealing with yet another NBA finals loss. If thats the way he wants to explain to himself then fine, but im sure the man upstairs is not comptemplating the NBA, MLB, and NFL champions.

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 05:21 PM
This guys a major idiot.

3Blueforyou
06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Is that actually true that fans sold their tickets to mavericks fans?

they gave up on that team before game 6 even started?

godolphins
06-13-2011, 05:26 PM
He's right, let's blow it all up and rebuild :rolleyes:

By the way I'm being sarcastic if you didn't get the hint

John Walls Era
06-13-2011, 05:27 PM
you can't win with bosh starting at PF LOL!

Wrong. Bosh has shown that he could hit shots when they need him to (Bulls). I don't know why people just assume.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm a hater but come on now.

godolphins
06-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Whitlock should be doing more of this: http://graneyandthepig.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jasonwhitlocksnooze.jpg?w=400&h=302

Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

BDawk4Prez
06-13-2011, 05:32 PM
I love reading Whitlock's stuff, always a good chuckle.

king4day
06-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Is this the guy that lebron owned in the other thread?

gocubs2118
06-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Um, you guys realize his job is to get his readers all riled up, don't you? He's just like Bayless and Coward, and this column was obviously a success just by looking at the responses in this thread.

funkybudda
06-13-2011, 05:37 PM
for the haters' (myself included) sake I dont want them to be done. I want tthem to keep reaching to the finals for rest of their contract duration but come up short every time. That will be quite amusing and satisfying for me.

Master Mind
06-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Dingaling

BigBlueCrew
06-13-2011, 05:39 PM

nah that was greg doyel

J4KOP99
06-13-2011, 05:47 PM
If I was the Heat and Orlando called up and offered me Dwight for LeBron, straight-up... I would do it in a second.

Master Mind
06-13-2011, 05:48 PM
If I was the Heat and Orlando called up and offered me Dwight for LeBron, straight-up... I would do it in a second.

No.

gaughan333
06-13-2011, 05:51 PM
yes

J4KOP99
06-13-2011, 05:53 PM
No.

Explain yourself.

I would take:
PG
Wade
SF
Bosh
Dwight

over

PG
Wade
LBJ
Bosh
C

-That's not even to say that I don't believe this current Heat threesome can't win together... I just believe they would be much better off if they had Wade, Bosh and Dwight.

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 05:54 PM
The part I posted was tame, read he whole thing. He says James was "born into family dysfunction." Even if thats true what does that have to do with this? He says the Heat fans jumped ship. He slams SPo... Blah blah blah.

I get it that he's a shock writer but come on dude. Have some integrity. When they win he will be the same one singing their praises....

znick21
06-13-2011, 06:00 PM

he has a job because people like you make threads about these ridiculous articles he writes, thus increasing his traffic. you already know this guy is a clown, yet you still open the article, read it, then pass it on to hundreds of other people?

i have no respect for people that gain notoriety solely for being controversial. it's like having sex for money, anybody can do it.

godolphins
06-13-2011, 06:00 PM
No

Swashcuff
06-13-2011, 06:04 PM
This guys a major idiot.

This though its an understatement.

homestarunner93
06-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Whitlock is an idiot racist, everything he writes is ****.

LakersA's49ers
06-13-2011, 06:14 PM
lol! nice

Eagles4Lyfe
06-13-2011, 06:17 PM
You guys and the media are the only ones that annoit that team lebrons team and i have no reason why. Oh wow he's such an amazing stat stuffer during the regular season:O soo amazing.
Wades better than lebron and I odn't get why more people don't believe this

sb123
06-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Crazy talk,

Get them RIP Hamilton and a few active 7 footers who can finish at the rim.

godolphins
06-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Whitlock is an idiot racist, everything he writes is ****.

Sig: Do you know that Wade won a ring in 2006?

justinnum1
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
whitlock is an idiot

raidersthunder
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Do not agree what so ever as long as they have the big 3 they have a chance... But i will say that lebron must work on his game as hard as ever this off-season because he have major flaws... And yes right now it seems lebron a villian more then ever.. But miami put all this pressure on themselves buy there actions they won't win a championship if lebron goes quiet again.. Lebron your standing in your on way to a ring...

DerekRE_3
06-13-2011, 06:35 PM
To answer the OP's question about how Whitlock still has a job...it's pretty simple. He is a columnist. Columnists are supposed to either make the reader nod their head in agreement as they read the column or they are supposed to get outraged and say "this is the stupidest **** I've ever read." That's exactly what Whitlock does. Skip Bayless has made a whole career out of it.

Mambo Kings
06-13-2011, 06:53 PM

No, Jason Whitlock doesn't post here.

LMAO :facepalm:

jetsforever
06-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Whitlock is a terrible journalist in just about every field he covers.

Stopped reading most of his biased nonsense about 4 years ago.

Illinirob83
06-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Whitlock has no credibility because he never played college/pro basketball.

Which was his defense in his Jay Cutler retardation column in January.

TylerSL
06-13-2011, 07:50 PM
lol his last article stated

"Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Ch Bo wont be enought to stop an 8 man rotation led by Derrick Rose, no way"

also

"The Heat better pray somehow Atlanta can oust Chicago or else I'll take Chicago in 6 in the ECF"

he went on the Dan LeBatard show before the Finals and ate crow. If the Heat win next year, I'm gonna guess LeBatard will give him another call lol

TylerSL
06-13-2011, 08:00 PM
^ He also stated

"People think the Bulls played poorly against Atlanta, well I contend that the Heat played worse against a hobbled Celtics squad with a one armed Point Guard"

Illinirob83
06-13-2011, 08:06 PM
He also said earlier in the playoffs that James/Wade are > Jordan/Pippen and thought people who disagreed weren't thoughtful. Now, less than a month later they should be broken up one year into the experiment. Pick a lane fat man.

mike_noodles
06-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Somebody wrote in a post a while back that the best way for Miami to truly win is to pry Howard away from the Magic for LBJ. People can can say what they like about Bosh being the one to go. But in all honesty it has to be Wade or James, they are too similar on the court (and we all know that Miami is Wade's team). Bosh and Howard could be the most dominant front court in a long long time. Add Wade to to that as well as whatever else the Heat could get back in the deal, and they may be one of the best teams ever (and this is coming from a guy that despises the Miami Heat).

mttwlsn16
06-13-2011, 08:18 PM
AWESOME column

mttwlsn16
06-13-2011, 08:22 PM
for the haters' (myself included) sake I dont want them to be done. I want tthem to keep reaching to the finals for rest of their contract duration but come up short every time. That will be quite amusing and satisfying for me.

:nod:

Grand Master B
06-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Can you imagine if they traded Lebron for Dwight!? That would make them instantly better AND crush Lebron for the rest of his career. No way he would recover from that kind of rejection. DO IT RILEY!

Bulls_fan90
06-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Great read. Made a lot of great points. The Heatles are done.

IndiansFan337
06-13-2011, 11:10 PM
They aren't going to blow up their team at all. This guy needs to stop acting like an ignorant reporter. He's very knowledgeable, but seems to prefer acting pompous.

Swashcuff
06-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Great read. Made a lot of great points. The Heatles are done.

I pity people like you.

Jazzgear
06-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Whitlock is now my idol.

lol! Mine too:D

Bulls_fan90
06-13-2011, 11:53 PM
I pity people like you.

:)

BadBoyPistons
06-13-2011, 11:54 PM
He is just an attention seeker. Nothing but that. No unbiased person really thinks the Heat can't contend next season.

sb123
06-13-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't think the Heat are done but I do think the Bulls and Knicks are getting better pretty fast and watch out if Philadelphia can work out a trade for a Danny Granger or similar.

Miami will makes moves no doubt but I think the situations in other cities is more calm and stable than in Miami.

MTar786
06-14-2011, 12:22 AM
'the man upstair decided its not my time'

guys.. he's referring to david stern. not god lol

Kobes a Killer
06-14-2011, 12:34 AM
'the man upstair decided its not my time'

guys.. he's referring to david stern. not god lol

Lol, youre probably right

MTar786
06-14-2011, 02:36 AM
i hope the man upstairs gives the lakers another 3 rings in the next 3 seasons

OaklandsFinest
06-14-2011, 02:50 AM
Jason Whitlock is by far one of the dumbest people on the planet. Him and now Charles Barkley can move somewhere and eat all the food in the world and talk about who got to suck on dirk's d**k longer..

Tanakid777
06-14-2011, 03:08 AM
Skip Bayless' brotha from anotha motha

broncofangene
06-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Surprised he didn't blame mike bibby, after all he is kinda white. Oh and plug tech nines new album while hes at it. Does anybody listen to Whitlocks bumpin gums

mohye
06-14-2011, 03:17 AM
I love how all the Heat fan say no they wont trade Lebrick for D12.... if Riley was given that option he would sign on the dotted line faster then Magic ran showtime...There is no way Orlando would trade D12 across town where they would be instant favorites to win it all..

pg
wade
sf
bosh
D12

that pretty much guarantees u a few rings..unlike the team u have now

rocky4104
06-14-2011, 03:37 AM
Is that actually true that fans sold their tickets to mavericks fans?

they gave up on that team before game 6 even started?

re posting his question.. is it true? if that is the case.....

Quietmoney
06-14-2011, 03:37 AM
I have to admit that it would be a great trade for the heat if they got nelson, howard and turk for lebron and chalmers. They would be clear cut favorites. That's scary! They would have bosh, wade and howard and they would all compliment each others game. I would make that deal in a heart beat.

Lone Maverick
06-14-2011, 03:54 AM
Too soon to say they're done after one year. Although D-Wade and Dwight seem like they'd be a better fit than Bron and D-Wade.

JasonJohnHorn
06-14-2011, 09:09 AM
I love Bria Myles.

And he's right. Swap out James for Howard. Get this $#!T DONE!!! ASAP!!!

Fnom11
06-14-2011, 11:50 AM
I think Whitlock is one of those guys Lebron was talking about in his post game interview.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Who is this guy? The big 3 are no not even close to being done. Theyre all young players who are in their prime. They need to work on chemistry to get the most out of each member of the big 3 and theyll be good. IF whitlock was talking about bostons big 3, then i would agree with him.

papisupremo
06-14-2011, 02:56 PM
say what you want about his journalistic skills, but he makes good points. james and wade are the exact same player. having lived in miami, miami is WADE county. miami fans will always love wade for bringin them a chip in '06. knowing the type of ego lebron has, does anyone really think they can co-exist this way for more than 2 more years, max?? they'll never get dwight though, no way magic trade him to miami. never happening. but face facts, they're too top heavy in salary with two carbon-copy players. these are good, valid points.

btw, dwight is outta orlando in '12. who knows where he'll go, but it aint miami.

still1ballin
06-14-2011, 03:00 PM
He should of ended the article by saying:

"AND I'M THE WHITLOCK, AND I'M AWEEEEEEESOMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ill21
06-14-2011, 03:09 PM
He's right. JK what a clown

Mile High Champ
06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I like whitlock a lot, I got no issue with the article..