PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Governor makes Mavs honorary Ohioans for a day.

dnewguy
06-13-2011, 03:32 PM
John Kasich, Governor of the state of Ohio, took the unusual step of honoring a team with no geographical ties to his jurisdiction. On Monday, one day after the Dallas Mavericks defeated the Miami Heat in the 2011 NBA Finals, Kasich's office released a press release noting that the governor had issued a resolution that declared that the Mavericks, their friends, family and fans are now officially "Honorary Ohioans."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30005543

How many more votes will that get him?

BigBlueCrew
06-13-2011, 03:39 PM
This is too funny..

and the hate, much like beat, keeps going on and on

D Roses Bulls
06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
:) gotta love it

Kashmir13579
06-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Just delete your account already.

Cano4prez
06-13-2011, 03:45 PM
:laugh2: Pathetic

D Roses Bulls
06-13-2011, 03:46 PM
just delete your account already.

this

ManRam
06-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Only Ohio...

Poor kids.

SteBO
06-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Meh......Let the Ohioans have their fun. They don't have anything outside Miami's failures to cheer about anyway.

Master Mind
06-13-2011, 03:58 PM
All this buffoonery because of a Basketball player, wow!!! This country is so out of touch and out of whack :facepalm:...this is only a microcosm of what our problem is.

schilling
06-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Next they'll change Miami, Ohio's name to Dallas...

RaiderLakersA's
06-13-2011, 03:59 PM

It's a tax grab...assuming that they pay state taxes in Ohio. :D

Jenceman
06-13-2011, 04:02 PM
That's hilarious and sad at the same time.

darwin31
06-13-2011, 04:02 PM

So does this mean the Mavs have to give their title back?

Didn't think Ohioans were allowed to have championships.

sixer04fan
06-13-2011, 04:06 PM
All this buffoonery because of a Basketball player, wow!!! This country is so out of touch and out of whack :facepalm:...this is only a microcosm of what our problem is.

He brought this upon himself with the self proclaimed King title, "The Decision," the championship guarantees with the smoke machines, etc...

On one hand he constantly acts like he's bigger than the game of basketball. But when he loses and people hate on him - he's just a basketball player, it's just a game, and we're the ones that are out of touch? You can't play both sides of the coin.

Turtle55
06-13-2011, 04:11 PM
So does this mean the Mavs have to give their title back?

Didn't think Ohioans were allowed to have championships.

One of the funniest things I've read all day. And I've been laughing at Lebron jokes on the internet since I got to work this morning.

FriedTofuz
06-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Just delete your account already.

why should he delete his account?

Kashmir13579
06-13-2011, 04:18 PM
why should he delete his account?

you recently joined this site, so i'll give you a pass on this one.

pd1dish
06-13-2011, 04:19 PM
the Heat fans are real mad lol. now theyre taking shots at Ohioans like this has anything to do with them.

reality check people...it has nothing to do with the Miami Heat or their fan base (even though the Heat fan base has become the most egotistical of them all and think everything has to do with them). it has to do with Lebron and whatever team Lebron would have chosen to play for, Cleveland fans will wish failure upon them. with Lebron comes "hate", and it should be expected by now.

Master Mind
06-13-2011, 04:21 PM
He brought this upon himself with the self proclaimed King title, "The Decision," the championship guarantees with the smoke machines, etc...

On one hand he constantly acts like he's bigger than the game of basketball. But when he loses and people hate on him - he's just a basketball player, it's just a game, and we're the ones that are out of touch? You can't play both sides of the coin.

It is a game...entertainment...Who benefits from this, are those unemployed Ohioans being hired because of this. Are those uninsured families able to afford medical expenses, what about the homeless? Why do we go to great lengths to magnify and praise entertainment/sports, is this what the Government really wants, distraction from the real problems at hand (so many theories :p)...I mean I would have been excited if we won but either way nothing changes for us regulars.

PLAYERS FAN
06-13-2011, 04:21 PM
This is awesome!

Bruno
06-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Seems like a bit much coming from the Governor. It'll get him a few votes next election (if he isn't already on his last term?)

Big Zo
06-13-2011, 04:28 PM
What a lowly pathetic bunch. Lol

theheatles
06-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Next they'll change Miami, Ohio's name to Dallas...

:laugh: i wouldn't put it past them

jockrider
06-13-2011, 04:31 PM
don't punish the poor texans

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Wow that whole state is starting to look like the ex-girlfriend. Kinda sad.....

John Walls Era
06-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm sure the Mavs are thrilled :laugh:.

Ohio trying to keep themselves relevant...

tcav701
06-13-2011, 04:51 PM
They should make the people of Miami honorary citizens of the United States for the day.

they tried so hard to make the games on time and understandd what they were watching.

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 04:53 PM
The sad part is this is probably the last time you will ever hear Ohio mentioned in the same breath as the NBA finals....

SordidState
06-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Kasich has absolutely no positive accomplishments on his record as governer, he has to try to find some way to give himself some appeal.

Slimsim
06-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Even the governor of Ohio cares about LBJ leaving cleveland WTF

Arch Stanton
06-13-2011, 05:26 PM
What do you expect? I guess Heat fans are mad because they lost when they were favored to win and now Ohio is rubbing it in there face. Maybe Cleveland can have a parade for the Mavs too. I'm sure Gilbert would finance it.

jockrider
06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
obviously nothing better to do in ohio,

schilling
06-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Even the governor of Ohio cares about LBJ leaving cleveland WTF

LeBron James helped Cleveland's economy when he was in town. That city is one of the most "depressed" cities in the US, and he helped give SOME life in that place. More people came to games, and more people visited Cleveland. Him leaving took all that away. Besides sports, there's not much draw to the Cleveland area. LeBron James' departure from Cleveland is kinda the story of that whole area. People are packing up and moving to elsewhere cause there's little chances for money.

As governor, I'm sure he wouldn't want to see this happen. Other things can be done about their delimma, but James low blowed Cleveland I that way.

So would I be mad if I was the governor of Ohio? Most likey.

Arch Stanton
06-13-2011, 06:11 PM
LeBron James helped Cleveland's economy when he was in town. That city is one of the most "depressed" cities in the US, and he helped give SOME life in that place. More people came to games, and more people visited Cleveland. Him leaving took all that away. Besides sports, there's not much draw to the Cleveland area. LeBron James' departure from Cleveland is kinda the story of that whole area. People are packing up and moving to elsewhere cause there's little chances for money.

As governor, I'm sure he wouldn't want to see this happen. Other things can be done about their delimma, but James low blowed Cleveland I that way.

So would I be mad if I was the governor of Ohio? Most likey.

The economy sucks everywhere. Not just in Cleveland. And Cleveland can clearly survive and has without LeBrick. Yeah Cleveland may not be one of the most sought out locations but it gets such a bad rap. Most people who rag on it have never been there.

schilling
06-13-2011, 06:17 PM
The economy sucks everywhere. Not just in Cleveland. And Cleveland can clearly survive and has without LeBrick. Yeah Cleveland may not be one of the most sought out locations but it gets such a bad rap. Most people who rag on it have never been there.

I understand the economy is bad.

LeBron James was viewed as an answer to their problems. I'm not saying he was the answer, but the city regarded him as if he was. He was a Ohio native and he was a likable person because of that. Then he decided to leave, and everyone used both things against him.

LA_Raiders
06-13-2011, 06:18 PM
lol, I Love America...

Lloyd Christmas
06-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Hahahaha. I don't know what's funnier, how mad Cleveland is still, or how Heat fans are getting so ****hurt. I would love to know what it feels like to have that roster and everybody hating on my team.