PDA

View Full Version : Who Are Next Year's Upcoming Teams?

JNA17
06-13-2011, 03:16 PM
So in the past...yesterday. Fans here have talked about that teams like the Mavs, Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, etc. Are too old to compete constantly every year unlike the Heat.

But what about the young teams that are only going to get better down the road? The Bulls who were a first round knockout last year and were a 5th or 4th seed team at best, to a number 1 seed with a better coach, Rose becoming MVP, and an acquired Carlos Boozer. It seems they are a SG away from becoming a true contending threat, especially after making it to the ECF.

What about the Thunder? Just last year, the Thunder made it to the playoffs as a 8th seed team for the first time in their young franchise history and gave the Lakers a run for their money in the first round and lost in 6. Now this year, The Thunder make it as a 4th seed team and went to the WCF! The organization is doing all of this while they have the current youngest superstar in the League in with Kevin Durant along with 2nd all team player Russel Westbrook while the Thunder have other good pieces to build for the future.

What about the Knicks? The Knicks went from a complete laughing stock of an organization and a New York team in general to a somewhat decent team with a hell of a one two punch with Carmelo and Amare. They still have some problems like Mike D needs to be fired and might need a couple more role players to fill the void but they are only one more star away (Chris Paul anyone?) to complete the team and make a run for a title Miami Heat Style.

What about...dare i say...the Clippers? They might be a little young or too unprepared to make a serious run for the playoffs now but already Blake Griffen is one of the most dominate players in the league at his position and Eric Gordon is becoming a stud with his shooting and overall performance. They also have a pretty good and recently "healed" role player Mo Williams at point for experience and a really young upcoming center Deandre Jordan. If the rumor is true about the Clippers potentially acquiring Iggy in return for Kamen, then they could become a serious playoff threat.

What other teams do you think have potential to become just as much as a threat as the Heat? Because they are not the only ones that will get better.

Car Ramrod
06-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Washington

JNA17
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Washington

How come if i might ask? Only because i think John Wall is the only actual nba player on that team :laugh2:

king4day
06-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Kings have a ton of young talent and one more good pick this year.
It's time for them to start cashing in and try to pull in a top tier free agent.

m26555
06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Watch out for Indiana.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Kings have a ton of young talent and one more good pick this year.
It's time for them to start cashing in and try to pull in a top tier free agent.

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Tyreke Evans
SF: Omri Casspi
PF: Carl Landry
C: Demarcus Cousins
6th man: Marcus Thornton

?

Sadds The Gr8
06-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Raptors.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Watch out for Indiana.

Hopefully Darren Collison and Roy Hibbert get a lot better.

Raptors.

i wish :(.

mttwlsn16
06-13-2011, 03:52 PM
The Clippers

NYK4L
06-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Knicks baby!.....also chicago, miami, oklahoma..

m26555
06-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Hopefully Darren Collison and Roy Hibbert get a lot better.
I think Collison is going to become one of the league's premier point guards next year.

gwrighter
06-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Look for the Raptors to make a splash in free agency & next season.

BradytoGronkTD
06-13-2011, 03:57 PM
I still think at some point the Thunder will be unstoppable

SNYmets86
06-13-2011, 04:02 PM
bulls , knicks , grizzlies , thunder , clips , kings , indiana

JNA17
06-13-2011, 04:05 PM
bulls , knicks , grizzlies , thunder , clips , kings , indiana

Wow i completely forgot about them.

The grizzles with their great performance in the playoffs beat the number 1 seed Spurs as the 8th seed and went 7 games with the Thunder in the 2nd round. All that without their star player Rudy Gay! It makes you think if the Grizzlies should trade him to get more young talent or better role players have a similar set up like the Mavs except building around Zach Randolph, who has become a serious threat at PF now.

detzfish
06-13-2011, 04:15 PM
detroit pistons of course

LakersA's49ers
06-13-2011, 04:37 PM
all this has been said b4. it gets old

Rego247
06-13-2011, 04:39 PM
raps baby. oh yeahhh.

but memphis for sure.

sacgiants1213
06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Tyreke Evans
SF: Omri Casspi
PF: Carl Landry
C: Demarcus Cousins
6th man: Marcus Thornton

?

Kings traded Landry to get Thornton. Highly unlikely they bring him back.

However, Maloofs have constantly said that this offseason is the offseason that they will go big. We have the cap space, and the Maloofs will finally be willing to use the cap space.

kingkenny01
06-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Milwaukee Bucks, next year fourth seed only behind Miami, Chicago, Boston

ohreally
06-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Grizzlies, Kings, Warriors, Indiana, Wizards, Clippers, Sixers, Cavs, Bucks

Cal827
06-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Raptors... haven't you heard, we are the front-runners for Howard.... lol just kidding, I still think they are at least a year away

Clippers I can see making huge strides next year, especially if they can Deal Kaman for Iggy.... also the Pacers... As they get better, my anger towards BC increases for trading Hibbert for O'neal :pity:

SpeeMN
06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
I have to say Twolves, only because this is it for the Kahn Man. Kahn and Rambis had 3 years to get us into the playoffs, it was stated plenty of times. Now is the 3rd offseason and they are going to GO BIG, or GET FIRED. So I think we will get a Veteran(Iggy, Derozan, Mayo, Gasol, Bogut, idk), instead of the #2 pick. Rubio is big. Trades will be done. There.

Il Mago50
06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Chicago is two solid players from a title.

OKC is a PG academy for Westbrook away from the Finals.

Celtics are four cortisone shots from beating the Heat.

Clippers are a death of their idiot owner from winning 10 straight titles.

Cal827
06-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Chicago is two solid players from a title.

OKC is a PG academy for Westbrook away from the Finals.

Celtics are four cortisone shots from beating the Heat.

Clippers are a death of their idiot owner from winning 10 straight titles.

:laugh:

GoPacers33
06-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Pacers 5th seed yaaaaa

kozelkid
06-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Indiana, Memphis, LAC and GSW are my 4 teams to keep an eye on.

Indiana: After they got rid of Obrien's ***, they played like a .500 team. They also have plenty of cap space so I expect a key player or two added to that team. With the right move, I expect them to make a jump similar to what Atlanta made after that 08 series where they took Boston to 7. They'll be right around where Atlanta was this season, maybe better.

Memphis: One of Mayo and Gay has to go. I think if they can get rid of Gay for Iggy, it's in their best interest. Obviously, with the West, who knows where they stand, but I think they are near lock to make the playoffs.

LAC: They started off awful, but with Griffin now accustomed to the NBA, expect a monster year from him and if Gordon can stay healthy they might just become a playoff team. They do have some holes, but hopefully they can fill them in FA.

GSW: Finally they have a competent gm. Like Memphis last season, they have a lot of talent. They just don't have pieces that fit well amongst each other. I certainly think they will be in the race for an 8th seed, but more importantly, they will improve and hopefully have a stable system in place. However, it starts with ending the Ellis-Curry experiment and their fast pace, no defense philosophy. Basically, I think they need to give up on Ellis and if they are smart, they trade him for Iggy.

And on a final note: 3 of the latter teams I mentioned are all perfect fits for Iguodala. I think whichever team is smart enough to get him will make the biggest jump.

brewboy288
06-13-2011, 06:18 PM
No love for Milwaukee? Bogut the most underrated player in the NBA, give him a scorer or two? Trouble.

ombada
06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
im pretty happy to hear the Pacers included so often in this thread.

I think Memphis will be great, but a lot of what happens with them depends on the new CBA. If the cap number is cut down a bit, they are going to have a hard time re signing Gasol over teams that have the cap space and are willing to overpay for him. Look for the Grizz to move Gay (and probably mayo) to get some space to sign Gasol.

I think NJ has a nice future ahead of them... If they can make a few nifty trades or smart FA pick-ups they will be a middle to late play off team. They have some positive pieces to build around.

asandhu23
06-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Not my Warriors. they are thinking of trading the only dependable offensive player for a guy who's known to have chemistry problems.

Bornknick73
06-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Dont sleep on Philly or Denver