PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert got in one final shot after LeBron James fell short of an

metsfan4ever
06-13-2011, 10:47 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6655486

"Congrats to Mark C.& entire Mavs org. Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all: There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE.

-- Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert

BDawk4Prez
06-13-2011, 10:51 AM
That is one scorned man. :)

King P
06-13-2011, 10:51 AM
This douchebag needs to shut the **** up already!

MiamiWadeCounty
06-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Lol. Bet LBJ gets one before Cleveland.

ManRam
06-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Cleveland sure could use a short cut...

BigBlueCrew
06-13-2011, 11:07 AM
You know short of the cavs winning the championship themselves he might have been shedding tears himself

dnewguy
06-13-2011, 11:10 AM
I think Cleveland needs to get over Lebron. Just move on already.

Arch Stanton
06-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Love it! Gilbert is just a passionate fan.

Cubs Win
06-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Weren't you supposed to delete your account? :eyebrow:

dnewguy
06-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Weren't you supposed to delete your account? :eyebrow:

If the Mavs won. The refs won, not the Mavs.

ManRam
06-13-2011, 11:37 AM

Really?

:laugh:

BigBlueCrew
06-13-2011, 11:37 AM

Excuses excuses

jp611
06-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Dan Gilberts awesome

Cubs Win
06-13-2011, 11:42 AM

Wow. You're a joke. :laugh:

Did you see the FT differential in game 6? The refs tried to keep you in the series but LeBron never shows up for finals. Why do you think he really skipped college?

BDawk4Prez
06-13-2011, 11:45 AM

Well now, that's just plain silly.

mttwlsn16
06-13-2011, 11:48 AM

youre an idiot.
and a ***** for not owning up to your half of the bet u clearly had.
start deleting....

mttwlsn16
06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Wow. You're a joke. :laugh:

Did you see the FT differential in game 6? The refs tried to keep you in the series but LeBron never shows up for finals. Why do you think he really skipped college?

this

jetsforever
06-13-2011, 11:51 AM
:laugh2: His team literally just finished with 20 wins.

Nothing to brag about at this point if I was him. I understand the anger but really? Time to just move along and focus on the draft and future.

Da Knicks
06-13-2011, 11:57 AM

:facepalm::facepalm: just leave :facepalm::facepalm:

KmB728
06-13-2011, 11:57 AM

I REALLY wish I saved some of those posts when you were bashing Sixers, Celtics, and Bulls fans for complaining about the refs.

Also do you realize just how many more foul shots the Heat took last night?

VikesTwinsWolve
06-13-2011, 11:59 AM

Yeah get over the best player in the league leaving in his prime????? This will NEVER be forgotten so quit with that....

clutchski
06-13-2011, 12:00 PM

That's really pathetic.

metsfan4ever
06-13-2011, 12:00 PM

Lmao, The refs were trying their hardest to force a game 7. Everyone knows this.

jeter4president
06-13-2011, 12:02 PM

ur a joke!...miami fans, this guy is giving you a bad name!

BDawk4Prez
06-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I have never heard of this dnewguy, but this **** is priceless.

raiderfaninTX
06-13-2011, 12:03 PM
back to the original post, its a little pathetic for dan gilbert and the Cleveland fan base and this is coming from a raider fan.

Dan Gilbert should be worried about some how making Cleveland relevant in basketball by winning not being relevant because lebron left.

Also lebron will have a championship before the cavs so its not that good of a statement.

funkybudda
06-13-2011, 12:06 PM
This douchebag needs to shut the **** up already!

why? Perhaps LBJ made the biggest douchebag move with "THE DECISION" and he choked so badly in this final that he deserves all the hate on him.

AddiX
06-13-2011, 12:11 PM
back to the original post, its a little pathetic for dan gilbert and the Cleveland fan base and this is coming from a raider fan.

Dan Gilbert should be worried about some how making Cleveland relevant in basketball by winning not being relevant because lebron left.

Also lebron will have a championship before the cavs so its not that good of a statement.

I don't think it's pathetic at all.

You guys forget Gilbert basically let brons entourage run the caves however they wanted. Every player that the caves brought in were guys bron asked for and pushed for his team to sign/trade.

When bron left he basically left a car, and took the engine with him.

The caves weren't a great team but they were built around bron. This guy knew he was leaving along and let the cavs come along for a ride and left them in a terrible position. The hate is warranted.

TO to the CHI
06-13-2011, 12:15 PM

Really?

:laugh:

ManRam's reaction is so appropriate that I had to quote it.

However, it must also be noted that this is seriously shameful on your part dnewguy. You set forth conditions, clearly lost, and are now backing away like a whipped dog while making a hollow (and factually inaccurate) effort to save face.

Bottom line is that I am not sure whether it is more embarrassing that you reneged on it or that you came up with that sad little excuse for doing so. I guess PSD really means a lot to you.

LakersIn5
06-13-2011, 12:21 PM
dan gilbert is bitter as hell. id rather lose in the finals than have the 2nd worst record in the league. and there are shortcuts dumbass. just an example kg and ray allen teamed up with pierce and they won the championship in their first year together. and i doubt gilbert would be saying this if lebron stayed and bosh and wade went to cleveland.

8kobe24
06-13-2011, 12:21 PM

y? they find it entertaining...

MagicBucsSox
06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
No shortcuts? Dude you chose JJ hickson over amare Iggy and baron. Add to that you say "no shortcuts in life" so explain why ur son represents the cavs at the lotto over a guy who worked concessions for the cavs for yrs?

I'll tell you how, he's your son Aka shortcut

Move on . He's like a scorned ex gf

WadeCounty
06-13-2011, 12:24 PM

you're a disgrace to the heat fan base stop making excuses, the mavs had a better team throughout the series and it was plain obvious the refs were helping the heat last night. Recognize a good team when you see one and give them the credit that's due, I gave them credit even before the series started that the mavs would beat the heat in 6-7 games simply because they had the better over all team http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17970308&postcount=85

BkOriginalOne
06-13-2011, 12:37 PM

haha, you sound like the new fat girlfriend.
Either way, I think Gilbert is over it this just brings everything full circle. If he holds a grudge into next season than there is room to ask him to "move on."

AddiX
06-13-2011, 12:38 PM
you're a disgrace to the heat fan base stop making excuses, the mavs had a better team throughout the series and it was plain obvious the refs were helping the heat last night. Recognize a good team when you see one and give them the credit that's due, I gave them credit even before the series started that the mavs would beat the heat in 6-7 games simply because they had the better over all team http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17970308&postcount=85

Props
:clap:

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Gilbert is one sad, bitter, pathetic little man. He's like the scorned ex girlfriend you don't even think about any more but still talks about you and has bad things to say.

Man Lebron is gone. Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it!

Arch Stanton
06-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Gilbert is one sad, bitter, pathetic little man. He's like the scorned ex girlfriend you don't even think about any more but still talks about you and has bad things to say.

Man Lebron is gone. Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it!

Both LeBron and Gilbert have taken shots at each other via Twitter. LeBron screwed him last year. He has every right to revel in his failure.

swirl54
06-13-2011, 01:48 PM

You are an idiot. The refs did a good job of letting these teams play you wanna see horrible calls look at the Bulls Heat series.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 01:51 PM

You are a joke and a cancer to this site. Get out of here.

Anyway, hopefully Dan Gilbert can make good use with the 1st and 4th pick and turn the team around. Especially if the team plans to just tank one more season, their young core would be even more insane than the Thunder!

JNA17
06-13-2011, 01:53 PM
No shortcuts? Dude you chose JJ hickson over amare Iggy and baron. Add to that you say "no shortcuts in life" so explain why ur son represents the cavs at the lotto over a guy who worked concessions for the cavs for yrs?

I'll tell you how, he's your son Aka shortcut

Move on . He's like a scorned ex gf

Baron Davis? I would choose JJ Hickson over Baron any day of the week. The Cavs even got Baron without even trading Hickson anyway :laugh2: .

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Both LeBron and Gilbert have taken shots at each other via Twitter. LeBron screwed him last year. He has every right to revel in his failure.

All the shots were instigated by Gilbert. His childish letter after Lebron left, multiple bitter statements. Lebron just fired back.

In the end Gilbert just looks really small and vindictive for keeping this up, the man ate off Lebron for 7 years and got fat. Without Lebron he would've been in the red up to his eyeballs in Cleveland!

Arch Stanton
06-13-2011, 01:59 PM
All the shots were instigated by Gilbert. His childish letter after Lebron left, multiple bitter statements. Lebron just fired back.

In the end Gilbert just looks really small and vindictive for keeping this up, the man ate off Lebron for 7 years and got fat. Without Lebron he would've been in the red up to his eyeballs in Cleveland!

He's a good owner. He just spoke his mind because he's such a fan. That's your opinion that he looks really small and vindictive but I disagree. He's a good owner with deep pockets that's not afraid to take on salary for draft picks. Also Gilbert wasn't there for all of LeBron's 7 years. Gund was the owner when LeBron joined the Cav's not Gilbert.

RaiderLakersA's
06-13-2011, 02:51 PM
If nothing else hopefully we can finally close the book on the Cleveland/Gilbert/James matter. Time for all parties to move on with their lives.

Missing56&33
06-13-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't like Lebron James and I see why many people are starting to dislike him but I don't think the Cavs owner should keep taking shots at the man like that. Lebron did a lot for the Cavs organization and the one person that should be appreciative of what Lebron did is the owner. Owners don't suppose to act this childish.

Ironman5219
06-13-2011, 03:05 PM
what happend to all of the bandwagon Miami fans who couldn't name other player thats not Bosh, Wade or James? Guess they will be searching for the next fad or they are Mav's fans now.

D Roses Bulls
06-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Dan Gilbert you big meanie. wait till Lebron gets 2 or 3 more superstar players in their prime. then he'll show you

knicks_champ
06-13-2011, 03:12 PM

Just leaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

knicks_champ
06-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Dan Gilbert you big meanie. wait till Lebron gets 2 or 3 more superstar players in their prime. then he'll show you

I know right! Wait till Dwight gets there next year at least.

Rocco Gandolfo
06-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Since Gilbert is so happy, I wanted to read all the Heat fans reply...Whats wrong, "The Descision" was just 10 months ago, all the hoopla and the Heat fans are afraid to read the cold hard facts? Come on, I want to read all the whining. Here are some Thread idea's to get you going..

1. Spolstra needs to be fired
2. Can we trade Miller and Anthony for Dwight Howard and Derrik Rose?
3. The Refs killed us in the last three games
4. The Rims were smaller when we shot Free throws
5. Does Alonzo Mourning and Tim Haraway have any game left
6. Is Alan Iverson a possibility
7. When is leBron James HOF induction ceremony
8. Will Deron Williams sign for the vet minimum?

WolvesJagsOs
06-13-2011, 03:23 PM

lol. wow.

Rocco Gandolfo
06-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I know right! Wait till Dwight gets there next year at least.

Dwight for Wade? would orlando even consider that?

Sergio1984
06-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Lmao @ the amount of times people quoted dnewguy. Nobody should be surprised he didn't go through with it, he's not the first person that has made that bet and not went through with it, his reasoning is even more hilarious.

Lakers + Giants
06-13-2011, 10:12 PM
dnewguy, the biggest ***** on PSD.

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 12:29 AM
The sad part is this dude has 2 top draft picks and flexibility this year and is still preoccupied. Dude build yourself a team and shut the hell up! He is a stalker!

Crackadalic
06-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Didnt they have a chance to get amare but didnt want to trade hickson? He failed to get a legit 2nd star(mo williams is not that guy) and he left.

fadedmario
06-14-2011, 12:37 AM
I like it. **** LBJ. Now I'm going to back to my ****** life.

Arch Stanton
06-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Didnt they have a chance to get amare but didnt want to trade hickson? He failed to get a legit 2nd star(mo williams is not that guy) and he left.

Nope. Not true at all. Amare didn't come because LeBron wouldn't commit. It had nothing to do with JJ.

Arch Stanton
06-14-2011, 12:41 AM
The sad part is this dude has 2 top draft picks and flexibility this year and is still preoccupied. Dude build yourself a team and shut the hell up! He is a stalker!

It's not like he tweets every day about LeBron. He doesn't like LeBron and will take shots at him with any opportunity he gets. Plus let's face it ESPN will immediately jump to Gilberts Twitter page when LeBron fails and blast it over the internet. And I guarantee if LeBron succeeds LeBron will probably take a shot at Gilbert or Cleveland. It goes both ways.

big c
06-14-2011, 12:49 AM
gilbert needs to stfu.would he have felt the same if he'd signed lbj and another superstar and the cavs just lost in the finals?i dont think so.

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Dear Gilbert, Shut up. The NBA gave you two picks in the top 5. Concentrate on them, build a team, and possibly beat lebron (playoffs series not regular season). Until you do that, I don't want to hear another word about you. He left your team, **** happens.

LakersIn5
06-14-2011, 01:49 AM
dan gilbert is bitter as hell. id rather lose in the finals than have the 2nd worst record in the league. and there are shortcuts dumbass. just an example kg and ray allen teamed up with pierce and they won the championship in their first year together. and i doubt gilbert would be saying this if lebron stayed and bosh and wade went to cleveland.

AND WTF IS WRONG WITH TEAMING UP WITH ANOTHER SUPERSTAR? THE HATERS NEED TO SHUT UP SAYING THAT WAIT TIL LEBRON GETS TWO MORE SUPERSTARS IN THEIR PRIME BECAUSE EVEN WITH THIS CURRENT HEAT TEAM THEY CAN WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. THE MAVS WERE JUST BETTER IN THIS SERIES

MTar786
06-14-2011, 02:30 AM

lol i love ur sig. can u make me one that says dallas gets rings and miami doesnt?

MTar786
06-14-2011, 02:35 AM

AND WTF IS WRONG WITH TEAMING UP WITH ANOTHER SUPERSTAR? THE HATERS NEED TO SHUT UP SAYING THAT WAIT TIL LEBRON GETS TWO MORE SUPERSTARS IN THEIR PRIME BECAUSE EVEN WITH THIS CURRENT HEAT TEAM THEY CAN WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. THE MAVS WERE JUST BETTER IN THIS SERIES

i agree with you. but u cant expect people not to be mad. imagine if 200-2003 we ad shaq kobe AND chris webber instead of samaki. Now i know why everyone hated us in 04 even though we had an old gp and malone. atleast we didnt call championship b4 the season started though lol

John Walls Era
06-14-2011, 02:41 AM
I dont get it. Most people said it would take them a year anyways. Mavs overpaying for everyone is considered the long way I guess...

TylerSL
06-14-2011, 02:57 AM
lol Gilbert is really scorned. Were the ones that destroyed the East in Year 1, while they were having a 20 some game losing streak.

Bulls_fan90
06-14-2011, 03:15 AM
I dont get it. Most people said it would take them a year anyways. Mavs overpaying for everyone is considered the long way I guess...

Not 1....Not 2....Not 3....Not 4....Not 5....Not 6....Not 7..

John Walls Era
06-14-2011, 03:42 AM
Not 1....Not 2....Not 3....Not 4....Not 5....Not 6....Not 7..

Why did you reply with this? Doesn't answer my question.

Bulls_fan90
06-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Why did you reply with this? Doesn't answer my question.

Pretty simple, Lebron promised 7+ championships and failed in his first year. You don’t throw a championship celebration before a game has been played.

Dallas won as a team.

Heat tried to win with three players, and failed.

Thus explaining Dan Gilbert’s comments about no shortcuts.

And for the record i wasn't trying to answer your question, just taking a shot at a stupid comment.

marj987
06-14-2011, 05:43 AM

http://vsslaven.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/ironhide_facepalm.jpg