PDA

View Full Version : Is There A More Humble Superstar Today?

MFFL==FML
06-13-2011, 09:58 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Emotional-Dirk-Nowitzki-runs-into-the-loc?urn=nba-wp4846

If you noticed, with about 4 seconds left in the game Dirk Nowitzki quickly climbs over some tables/chairs to go to the back. He didn't climb on a table and pound his chest, he didn't thrust his jaw, he didn't give anyone playful jabs on the chest, he didn't do the hands gesture signaling a championship belt... instead, he needed to get out of the spotlight and collect his thoughts.

What superstar today would be this humbled by winning a championship? Kevin Durant? Perhaps... (forget about the championship belt part though).

What are your thoughts on this?

Jarvo
06-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant. Rose how he blamed himself for losing the ECF and taking all the blame made me respect him wayyyyy more than I already did and we already know about durant.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Rose even takes the blame in a victory. I remember him blaming himself for his poor first half against the Heat in game 1. At least he doesn't use "The Man Upstairs" as an excuse when he doesn't win.

cambovenzi
06-13-2011, 10:10 AM
1.He was in the Away stadium.
2 He was trying to hide so people didnt see him cry

nn medals for that

jockrider
06-13-2011, 10:13 AM
obviously rose would blame himself its was completely his fault they would have had a better chance if he just didn't play.

king4day
06-13-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm really surprised Dirk walked out like that. You WANT fans to see you cry. That's what the game is all about. But he did it his way and it doesn't take anything away from what happend.

jp611
06-13-2011, 10:15 AM
obviously rose would blame himself its was completely his fault they would have had a better chance if he just didn't play.

Always taking jabs at Rose for no reason

jockrider
06-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Always taking jabs at Rose for no reason

i can't even tell the truth on a forum.

BDawk4Prez
06-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Until this season, actually, postseason, i wasn't a big Dirk fan.

Now, even though i am not gay, if he asked, I wouldn't say no.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Haha, nobody really knows the personality of every superstar on and off the court, so you can't determine who is the most humble. Yes Dirk has great character, but I am not going to say he is better than every other star in that regard.

I-4_Fan
06-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Choice 3 - No.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Dirk, Rose, Durant, are all extremely humble stars. Dirk has done it a long time. I love the fact that Rose is the way he is, we need more players like him in the NBA, personality wise. Guys that become great without the ego, and because being the best is important to them for reasons that only have to do with themselves.

Dirk is as classy as it gets. And thank god we have two more young players that appear to be following that same path.

meloman1592
06-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Durant is not as humble as rose or dirk. That championship belt thing he does is ANNOYING!! Rose and dirk never have any excess gesture besides maybe making a face after a nice play.

gerber
06-13-2011, 10:59 AM
I like dirk a lot. That being said GSP is the most humble superstar in all of the sports. For being a star that is ranked 2nd (1st imo) after every win he congratulates the losing opponent and supports them, I remember against josh kosvheck he sided with him, koshcheck was a idiot the whole time before the fight. Calling Gsp names and mocking him. Gsp defended his actions after beating him, just so the loss would not hurt him too much. a.d then he apologizes to the fans for not giving them a great fight. Even though he won. That's humble, he never talks anyyyy smack cuz he says he cares about other peoples feelings .

Akagaminosteven
06-13-2011, 11:06 AM
The idea that he was "hiding" is pretty silly considering he shed tears on camera postgame and during interviews. I'm a Mavs fan and subject to homer criticism, but I applaud him for cherishing the victory so much that he placed more value in a private moment than fist pumping on the court when he easily could have. I don't give him any extra credit for what he did but have nothing but respect for the way he handled things.

mttwlsn16
06-13-2011, 11:31 AM

this

desertrat218
06-13-2011, 01:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Emotional-Dirk-Nowitzki-runs-into-the-loc?urn=nba-wp4846

If you noticed, with about 4 seconds left in the game Dirk Nowitzki quickly climbs over some tables/chairs to go to the back. He didn't climb on a table and pound his chest, he didn't thrust his jaw, he didn't give anyone playful jabs on the chest, he didn't do the hands gesture signaling a championship belt... instead, he needed to get out of the spotlight and collect his thoughts.

What superstar today would be this humbled by winning a championship? Kevin Durant? Perhaps... (forget about the championship belt part though).

What are your thoughts on this?

I think he wanted to avoid facing Lebron and Dwyane because he might want punch them in the mouth.

Car Ramrod
06-13-2011, 01:57 PM
I can respect what he did. I would want to avoid reporters and their ******** questions for a few moments as well.

If you climb Mt. Everest you want a moment to look around and let the accomplishment sink in. I think an older player appreciates a championship that much more.

Storch
06-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Nash is pretty damn humble too.

sb123
06-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Good for Dirk and Kidd. Happy for both.

jiggin
06-13-2011, 02:08 PM
wow, totally missed this up till now.

you can't fake class. You just have it or not...and it isn't something you can make up.

This dude was fulfilling a life long dream of his. If you have ever experience that, it will make the strongest man weep like a baby. To have what you have been working on for the bulk of your life com to fruition right in front of you...its a surreal feeling that seems impossible to remember exactly post celebration because of the adrenaline you feel during the event.

I am not a Mavs fan...and even though I have watched him play a lot over his career, I am not much of a Dirk fan.

...but...I am now.

The NBA needs A LOT MORE OF THIS and a lot less of the "acting cool" antics that only the younger generation seems to think is "cool".

chicago lulz
06-13-2011, 02:09 PM

i can't even tell the truth on a forum.

But your statement is subjective...what about your statement is truth?