PDA

View Full Version : Mavs party in South Beach club LIV, a few Heat players with them!

AllBall
06-13-2011, 03:57 AM
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30001963

Hey, I have a good sense of humor. Even I find this funny. ;) Congrats Dallas.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 03:59 AM
I bet some of the people there are Miami "fans." They just want a picture with the trophy.

towlsmoke420
06-13-2011, 04:00 AM
lebron will be there so he can take a pic with the trophy

210Don
06-13-2011, 04:07 AM
man its so weird next year the mavs will be called the champs. never thought it would ever happen

towlsmoke420
06-13-2011, 04:08 AM
lebron will go down there so he can get dirks autograph

Chi StateOfMind
06-13-2011, 04:26 AM
Dirk doesnt look like a club guy.

MFFL==FML
06-13-2011, 08:20 AM
man its so weird next year the mavs will be called the champs. never thought it would ever happen

Out of curiosity do you feel stupid? You picked the Blazers, Lakers, Thunder, and then the Heat over the Mavericks. You didn't state you just wanted them to win, you said that they would win. Are you still mad or are you over it?

sventhedog
06-13-2011, 08:57 AM
lebron wanted to join them but had to be restrained by nike officials.

Havoc Wreaker
06-13-2011, 09:24 AM
I don't see Barea there, I suppose they checked ID's in that club :pity:

:p

MFFL==FML
06-14-2011, 12:45 AM
lebron wanted to join them but had to be restrained by nike officials.

He actually joined them but Nike confiscated all videos of him being in the club.

3Blueforyou
06-14-2011, 12:49 AM

Dirk will party anywhere.

http://han.grumblemutterspit.org/images/dirkncheeks.jpg

Slimsim
06-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Dirk will party anywhere.

http://han.grumblemutterspit.org/images/dirkncheeks.jpg

lol i'm liking dirk more AND MORE

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-14-2011, 01:02 AM
**** yea that's sick

TheRunKiller
06-14-2011, 01:15 AM
lebron will be there so he can take a pic with the trophy

:laugh2:

pd7631
06-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Courtesy of Mo Speights twitter.....

Mospeights16 Marreese speights
You can tell the heat don't have real fans . Because The mavs players are in the club right now in Miami. That wont happen in Philly. No sir
23 hours ago

Eagles4Lyfe
06-14-2011, 01:28 AM
I think the funnier thing is cuban wearing running shoes in the club lol

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 01:33 AM

it is rather surprising. Miami let the mavericks celebrate in their clubs.:confused:

AllBall
06-14-2011, 04:30 AM
it is rather surprising. Miami let the mavericks celebrate in their clubs.:confused:

1. The AAA btw, is not on South Beach its on the mainland in Downtown Miami.

2. The island of Miami Beach is full of 40.5% Non-Hispanic White population (its 15.4% elsewhere in Miami). [no lie] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Beach,_Florida#Demographics)

3. Tourist club in Miami Beach.

There is no way some sort of riot is going to happen in that club. Especially LIV out of all places which is a ritzy club. A bunch of tourist and white rich people are not going to cause a brawl. :laugh2:

ewmania
06-14-2011, 04:54 AM
lol dallas

and people have to realize we dont hate lebron , its just funny because miami fans was gloating already as if they accomplished anything

#2 seed team in the east, 3rd best team in the west and lost in the finals

I mean sure the knicks was in the 6th spot but I wasn't going around asking other people were they upset or mad Lmao

mjt20mik
06-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Dirk is a party animal

nycsports2
06-14-2011, 09:30 AM
smh if i wuda known def wuda went.. my friends bday party was there that night

Trace
06-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Out of curiosity do you feel stupid? You picked the Blazers, Lakers, Thunder, and then the Heat over the Mavericks. You didn't state you just wanted them to win, you said that they would win. Are you still mad or are you over it?

:clap:

ChitownSports16
06-14-2011, 10:46 AM

He's sooo right... It's sad to see. I bet 75% of those people called themselfs Heat fans during this season until Mavs Beat them and jumpped the wagon and became Mavs fans... Gotta love it.

heyman321
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Man I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that guy is a clown. I'm sick of his antics and him bashing every team that wasn't the Spurs -- him and dnewguy need to delete their accounts and GTFO. Irony is sweet.

king4day
06-14-2011, 11:30 AM

Oddly enough, Cardinal looks like he belongs...

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 11:43 AM

cardinal looks really old, he doesnt even look like he should be in the nba.

VillaMaravilla
06-14-2011, 11:43 AM
only in Miami will they cheer the team that just beat theirs in the finals........sad

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Exactly.People are just jealous that their team was not fortunate to aquire them via free agency and now theyre calling those players bad names :laugh2:

But they didn't so they turn back into the enemies. How is that hard to understand? Do we have to love these guys now? Of course we wanted them, who didn't?

If someone don't want you, you move on in life not liking them. Period.

VillaMaravilla
06-14-2011, 11:44 AM
if Dallas tried that in NY, LA, CHICAGO they would of gotten jeered of stage with a quickness

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 11:45 AM

He is a certified OG

rmonte4
06-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Pictures
http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/dallas_mavericks_nba_championship_miami_heat_liv_n ightclub#tab=most_recent&id=93557

KmB728
06-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Hahahaha Dirk and Lil Wayne! ^

ChitownSports16
06-14-2011, 01:06 PM
I thot Lil Wayne was a heat fan??? Dude was there Vs Bulls games... Bandwagon??

AllBall
06-14-2011, 02:41 PM
I thot Lil Wayne was a heat fan??? Dude was there Vs Bulls games... Bandwagon??

He's a New Orleans fan. Its just him and his whole crew have season tickets because they have homes in Miami.

The Final Boss
06-14-2011, 02:52 PM
You drunk?

jp611
06-14-2011, 02:54 PM
I read that some heat players attended the party

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30025519

Reports surfaced Monday on 790 The Ticket in Miami that some Heat players joined the Mavericks on Sunday night while the new NBA champs partied on South Beach (photos!) after their Game 6 win. One trusted member of Mavs media confirmed that Erick Dampier was one of the Miami members in attendance, along with unnamed others.

Just so we're clear on this. The Mavs trash-talked you all series long, dashed your title hopes, put even more criticism on your squad, celebrated on your floor and then in your city, and you go party with them? Nice chemistry guys. A few assorted thoughts:

•The Big Three reportedly were not part of the celebration, but would it surprise you in the slightest if they were? Would that shock you in any way? If LeBron James had gone down there to party with JET, it would have been just more delight for the millions of people that took abject glee in the fall of the Heat and James in particular. It's a good thing they didn't head down there as far as we knew.

Can we really blame erick? Its the team hes been with for years.

theheatles
06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I read that some heat players attended the party

same, but the only name i saw was dampier, but i saw it say 4 heat players...all i know it wasn't any starters

DeadMemories
06-14-2011, 03:05 PM
lol

Sly Guy
06-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Damp gets a free pass. No one else on that roster does.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah Dampier has been with the mavericks for a while, and a bond grew with him and other mavericks players. Celebrating with them doesnt seem like a bad thing.

Rego247
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30025519

Can we really blame erick? Its the team hes been with for years.

thats no excuse. that's not your current team. those aren't your teammates, not anymore.

if its true hes an idiot.

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Erick gets no pass. I wouldn't care if he had played with them his whole career, thats the opposing team now. They just beat you on your home floor and you go party with them?

Punk move. Undoubtedly he was salty because he got no playing time....

Chronz
06-14-2011, 03:10 PM
It must be awesome to win a title in Miami

FriedTofuz
thats no excuse. that's not your current team. those aren't your teammates, not anymore.

if its true hes an idiot.

He could just be congradulating his former team. For all we know, he could have been invited by the mavericks players?

Hawkeye15
The buddy buddy crap in the NBA makes me sick. Would Larry Bird have been partying with the Lakers after the 85' finals? Hell no

Hawkeye15
06-14-2011, 03:11 PM
It must be awesome to win a title in Miami

south beach baby

Chronz
06-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Erick gets no pass. I wouldn't care if he had played with them his whole career, thats the opposing team now. They just beat you on your home floor and you go party with them?

Punk move. Undoubtedly he was salty because he got no playing time....

Dude this makes no sense, why would have more loyalty to his boss who didnt play him than a group of FRIENDS hes developed a bond alongside of? At the end of the day its a job, when you move from one job to the next it takes time to develop a bond OUTSIDE the workplace. He holds a greater bond with those FRIENDS (Not basketball players), but LEGIT FRIENDS because of the years hes spent. For you to undermine that because hes part of a different corporation isnt human, its robotic loyalty.

In a way he helped them win a title by having a non guaranteed contract that got them Tyson.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2011, 03:12 PM
hes not an idiot. He could just be congradulating his team. For all we know, he could have been invited by the mavericks players?

And you say "go eff yourselves, you just kicked my team in the nuts".

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 03:14 PM
the buddy buddy crap in the nba makes me sick. would larry bird have been partying with the lakers after the 85' finals? Hell no

amen!

godolphins
06-14-2011, 03:15 PM
:facepalm:
There's no need to bring Ericka back

Mile High Champ
Dampier doing that does not surprise me. The other guys celebrating would though.

FriedTofuz
And you say "go eff yourselves, you just kicked my team in the nuts".

:laugh2: He could have, but I guess Dampier didnt mind losing. I'm sure he would have liked to win a ring. If the finals meant alot more to dampier, i'm sure he wouldnt have partied with the mavericks.

Mile High Champ
06-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Dude this makes no sense, why would have more loyalty to his boss who didnt play him than a group of FRIENDS hes developed a bond alongside of? At the end of the day its a job, when you move from one job to the next it takes time to develop a bond OUTSIDE the workplace. He holds a greater bond with those FRIENDS (Not basketball players), but LEGIT FRIENDS because of the years hes spent. For you to undermine that because hes part of a different corporation isnt human, its robotic loyalty.

In a way he helped them win a title by having a non guaranteed contract that got them Tyson.

+1 well Said Chronz, could not agree more with you.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Good sportsmanship I guess.

Rego247
06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
He could just be congradulating his former team. For all we know, he could have been invited by the mavericks players?

so? he could decline the invitation and tell them to eff off. he doesn't need to be there.

im with hawk, this buddy buddy bs is ridiculous.

SteBO
I'm more dissappointed in the other Heat players that were there. Dampier was a tool to begin with. :pity:

justinnum1
I'm more dissappointed in the other Heat players that were there. Dampier was a tool to begin with. :pity:

I'd like to know the players...

SteBO
06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
I'd like to know the players...

Same here. Hawkeye hit the nail on the head with this one. The "buddy" aspect of the NBA nowadays needs to stop.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Give Dampier a break. He's old and he may leave the team anyway,

sep11ie
06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
The heat have more than three players?

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 03:24 PM

Wow are you serious? This isn't a 9-5 job man, that doesn't equate. This is sports. Once you cross over to that other side, you're officially no longer a member of that organization.

To congratulate and give props is one thing, but to actually PARTY and CELEBRATE with the enemy? Totally crosses the line.

But that's sports today, like Hawk said its buddy buddy. In the old days that would've never happened!

JamaicanYouth
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
I wonder who the other players were

5ass
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Lol dampier was on the bench so much he forgot he was with the heat

Sadds The Gr8
06-14-2011, 03:26 PM
i don't blame him. the Heat signed him, jerked him around in the rotation, and he ended up getting no minutes in the playoffs. Like Chronz said, those are his friends and he was celebrating with them. Now maybe if Damp got minutes and was apart of the rotation, i'd understand, but seeing as he couldn't contribute to jackshit, the finals loss probably didn't hurt him enough for him to say "screw the Mavs they took my championship". he probably didn't feel apart of the heat.

and plus, isn't he an FA? it's not like he'll be strolling back into American Airlines Arena next season.

stipe1280
06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
The buddy buddy crap in the NBA makes me sick. Would Larry Bird have been partying with the Lakers after the 85' finals? Hell no

Larry Bird never played for the Lakers. Damp gets a free pass due to the fact he was a Mav for years.

D1JM
06-14-2011, 03:29 PM

larry bird didnt play six seasons with the lakers

DamnGoat
06-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Well it's not like it was Wade or LeBron partying with them. It was Erick Dampier, a guy that played for the Mavs for how many years? He's undoubtedly close to a lot of the guys still on that roster & it's not like he has much of a future with Miami anyway.

AllBall
06-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I heard that rumor, but in this age off cellphone cameras and instant photo sharing you would think he would show up in the photos that where taken of them a the club. He's a f'ing hugeass dude, you can't miss him. lol

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Well it's not like it was Wade or LeBron partying with them. It was Erick Dampier, a guy that played for the Mavs for how many years? He's undoubtedly close to a lot of the guys still on that roster & it's not like he has much of a future with Miami anyway.

Agreed. I believe is Erick was actually part of the team and actually playing, he would have cared , and probably wouldnt party with the mavericks.

D1JM
i don't blame him. the Heat signed him, jerked him around in the rotation, and he ended up getting no minutes in the playoffs. Like Chronz said, those are his friends and he was celebrating with them. Now maybe if Damp got minutes and was apart of the rotation, i'd understand, but seeing as he couldn't contribute to jackshit, the finals loss probably didn't hurt him enough for him to say "screw the Mavs they took my championship". he probably didn't feel apart of the heat.

and plus, isn't he an FA? it's not like he'll be strolling back into American Airlines Arena next season.

you and chronz hit all the points :clap:

Chronz
Wow are you serious? This isn't a 9-5 job man, that doesn't equate. This is sports. Once you cross over to that other side, you're officially no longer a member of that organization.

To congratulate and give props is one thing, but to actually PARTY and CELEBRATE with the enemy? Totally crosses the line.

But that's sports today, like Hawk said its buddy buddy. In the old days that would've never happened!
Except its been going on since the old days, the first ever TRUE Rivalry was between 2 friends. Later in the 80's Magic and Bird despised eachother but became friends because they got step across that line of their job. Granted neither would celebrate with the other if they loss but Dampiers situation is different.

It doesnt have to be a 9-5 job, its still an aspect of your life INDEPENDENT of your PERSONAL LIFE. Sports should not and do not consume every aspect of your life.

SteBO
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
You guys can excuse Dampier all you want, but what about the other Heat players that were "supposedly" there?

stipe1280
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
I pose this question...can you have friends that work for other companies, even if you're in the same line of work? And if so...can you not go out and have a drink with them?

Chronz
06-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Would Larry Birds 15th man ? Would anyone really care?

What about Wilt and Russ dining with eachother privately, even after losses?

Gary Reasons
06-14-2011, 03:35 PM
not even heat players care for the heat.

Chronz
06-14-2011, 03:37 PM
You guys can excuse Dampier all you want, but what about the other Heat players that were "supposedly" there?
Yea Im wondering who they were

Juwan Howard spent some time in Dallas

D1JM
06-14-2011, 03:38 PM

i really want to know who they were, but they are probably the guys that already know that they are not in the heat's roster next year.

MacFitz92
06-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Who gives a ****.

D1JM
06-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban spent $110,000 in four hours celebrating at club Liv at Miami's Fontainebleau after his Mavs beat the Heat to take the NBA Championship. Cuban spent most of it on a $90,000 bottle of Ace of Spades Champagne for teammates Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry(notes), Brian Cardinal(notes) and Shawn Marion(notes). After partying with the trophy until 5 a.m. yesterday and taking in a performance by Lil Wayne, Cuban left a $20,000 tip for the wait staff. "Worth every penny," he cheerily told us via e-mail.

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Mark-Cuban-will-pay-for-your-110-000-bar-tab-A?urn=nba-wp4996)

cuban knows how to tip

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 03:40 PM

the other heat players have less of an excuse the dampier. They were probably vets who just signed for the minumum to play. Im friends with jamaal magloire, I'll ask him this summer if he went to party.

theheatles
06-14-2011, 03:40 PM

we know it's not lebron, wade, bosh...my guess is it would be guys not under contract for next season or guys with options...it's probably 3 out of juwan howard, illgauskas, james jones, eddie house and maybe but hopefully not haslem or chalmers

...and maybe pittman, he's from texas

MiamiWadeCounty
06-14-2011, 03:41 PM
I can't see any other heat players going besides from Damier.

DerekRE_3
06-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Damp gets a free pass. No one else on that roster does.

Mike Bibby would. He can party with his old Kings pal Peja.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 03:44 PM
magloire just might have been there too, dallas is his former team back in 2008

metsbulls1025
06-14-2011, 03:44 PM
I bet it was Eric Spoelstra and Pat Riley.

godolphins
06-14-2011, 03:51 PM
I bet it was Eric Spoelstra and Pat Riley.

:confused: What part of "Heat players" don't you understand

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Why was my thread moved? when peopel see the thread title " mavs party in south beach club" they arent going to immediatly know heat players were partying with the mavs?

Pierzynski4Prez
06-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Dampier does NOT have a contract for next season with the Heat, therefore as soon as game 6 ended, he really doesn't have to show any sort of loyalty to the Heat if he doesn't. He is a free agent.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-14-2011, 03:59 PM
:confused: What part of "Heat players" don't you understand

you really didn't get the sarcasm in that post?

ddhulett
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM

You have been called out! What are you going to do next? You're basketball knowledge is in questions!

You picked Blazers, Lakers, Thunder and Heat to beat the Mavs! I'm sure you predicted the Spurs to Win it all too!:D

Punk
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Miami Heat players were partying with the Mavs :laugh2:

That says alot about that team.

CQSox305
06-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Seriously if that had happened in chicago, there probably wouldve been a shooting. No way you let another team celebrate in your city.

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Except its been going on since the old days, the first ever TRUE Rivalry was between 2 friends. Later in the 80's Magic and Bird despised eachother but became friends because they got step across that line of their job. Granted neither would celebrate with the other if they loss but Dampiers situation is different.

It doesnt have to be a 9-5 job, its still an aspect of your life INDEPENDENT of your PERSONAL LIFE. Sports should not and do not consume every aspect of your life.

Sounds like you really underestimate the competitave nature of sports but whatever, to each his own. Most people I know that played would never even think of that, its like blasphemy.

But at the end of the day I think the fact that he didn't play was the major factor in it. You think if he would've been out playing big time minutes, contributing, busting his tail, that he would've still partied with them after? No way, he would've been (should've been) heartbroken.

He didn't play so he felt disengaged from his own team.

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Seriously if that had happened in chicago, there probably wouldve been a shooting. No way you let another team celebrate in your city.

LA neither. Could you imagine the Celtics coming to an LA club afterward and trying to party with the trophy? They definitely wouldn't leave with it, I know that much.....

Bubba313
06-14-2011, 04:55 PM
lol this is just absurd, shows you how soft the NBA is nowadays..

You think Reggie Miller went out and partied with Ewing and Oakley?

You think Alonzo Mourning went out and partied with Allan Houston?

You think any Knick player to put on a uniform would ever be seen partying with Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen during the 90's?

AllBall
06-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Yet not a single pic or video of the rumored players. :rolleyes:

D-Leethal
06-14-2011, 05:17 PM
where does it say Heat players were with them?

lavell12
06-14-2011, 05:40 PM
A few years back I was at a bar/club here in San Diego and I saw some real tall guy with a hood dancing and acting like a fool and it was freaking Dirk dancing and getting trashed with Steve Nash.

TayPrince
06-14-2011, 05:46 PM
A few years back I was at a bar/club here in San Diego and I saw some real tall guy with a hood dancing and acting like a fool and it was freaking Dirk dancing and getting trashed with Steve Nash.

haha. no way. where was it? Gaslamp quarter or PB?

lavell12
06-14-2011, 05:48 PM
haha. no way. where was it? Gaslamp quarter or PB?

The Tavern in PB.

TayPrince
06-14-2011, 05:55 PM
The Tavern in PB.

lol. nice choice. Dirk the surfer dude.

lavell12
06-14-2011, 06:02 PM
lol. nice choice. Dirk the surfer dude.

MJ apparently goes there sometimes as well.

Punk
06-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Yet not a single pic or video of the rumored players. :rolleyes:

It's not "rumored" It's legit. Erick Dampier was the guy. Your welcome.

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Pictures
http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/dallas_mavericks_nba_championship_miami_heat_liv_n ightclub#tab=most_recent&id=93557

Lol at Brian Cardinal looking like he just came straight from work out of his cubicle! Thats a funny guy man, the Custodian!!

Ebbs
06-14-2011, 08:55 PM
if Dallas tried that in NY, LA, CHICAGO they would of gotten jeered of stage with a quickness

Doubt it.

Also who cares if Damp was there he is probably a good friend to a lot of the guys.

Master Mind
06-14-2011, 09:05 PM
People/players saying that this wouldn't have happened in their city need to stfu and stop throwing around negative energy. This isn't a turf war, there aren't any crips, bloods, vice lords, latin kings, disciples associated with the NBA. It's silly to put such a thought like that in innocent people's minds, who's gonna bail them out or pay their lawyer fees if they actually stood up meaninglessly for something they don't own or have any control over--it's horse manure...

sb123
06-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Be great if Mark Cuban sent Dampier a ring.

Those pictures are great. Right in South Beach where LeBron took his talents.

Pure awesome.

LakersA's49ers
06-14-2011, 10:40 PM
hahaha party it up!