PDA

View Full Version : Going inside Lebrons head

cbreezy34
06-13-2011, 02:50 AM
First I just wanna get out that this is no way a Lebron hate thread whatsoever. I want to have a mature discussion where all NBA fans, Heat fans included discuss Lebron.

I want to first state that before this year, Lebron was my favorite NBA player. I was astonished by the way he could get to the hoop with ease, his amazing passing abilities and the way he seemed to love the game of basketball. I loved the way he came into the league as a mature 18 year old.... exceeded expecations if anything... and always handled the pressure well. I will never forget that series he had against the Pistons where he scored an absurd amount of points in a row... the way he took an untalented Cavs team to the finals. Always came of as a nice kid and never gave into anything and answered questions like a 15 year veteran. I always found myself rooting for Lebron because it was an easy thing to do. I loved seeing him wearing that 23 Cavs jersey.

Then something changed. Everything changed. Whether you argue it started in that series clinching loss to the Magic where he didn't shake any of the Magic players hands.... whether you argue it started when he esentially quit on his team against the Celtics last year... something changed. I remeber when Lebron hit that game winning bank against the Magic. He acted shocked as if he didn't believe it was going to go in. I remeber thinking to myself why is the guy I consider the best player in basketball acting suprised he hit a game winner? Where is the kid that went off against the Pistons... where the Lebron that scored with ease and expected to win? Whichever moment made you think differently of Lebron, he no doubt changed. Something drove him into the person he is today... which is very different from the person/player he was.

He contuined to go into this "I can't do it alone" idea by deciding to join up with Wade and Bosh in Miami. He suddenly went from a young phenom with all the potential in the world... a person who had a great head above his shoulders and was seemingly doing everything right to an insecure man who deep down wasn't sure of himself. His persona, his attitude, his self perception somewhere along the road completely changed. He did the whole decision fiasco.... celebrated with two other stars before winning a title.. had the balls to claim his team would winning 8 titles before steping on the court. That isn't the real Lebron... that isn't the way Lebron carried himself the first 6 or 7 years of his career.

The whole Lebron- Miami- Villian role isn't Lebron. Lebron isn't a villian whatsoever. Lebron's a good kid, a redicously talented basketball player who did this whole villian thing as a front. He doesn't like being hated... deep down I think he strongly disklikes it.

No matter what no one can rationally explain the way Lebron played down the stretch in these Finals when you consider the player he was the first couple of years he was in the league... when you consider his potential and physical tools. Pyscholgically something's way off... please discuss what you guys think.

LA_Raiders
06-13-2011, 02:55 AM
To answer your question he only cares about his fame and $$$...

cbreezy34
06-13-2011, 02:59 AM
oh my bad...I forgot only dumb short posts are allowed my bad guys i wont let it happen again

Becks2307
06-13-2011, 03:12 AM
excellent thread. i wish you would take the time to read it, there are some great points here. great job OP

kingbrentg
06-13-2011, 03:15 AM
If you don't have something constructive to say, don't ruin the thread for those who do.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-13-2011, 03:21 AM
excellent thread. i wish you would take the time to read it, there are some great points here. great job OP

This. One of the few good threads lately.

Law25
06-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Though i was never an big Lebron fan. Not an hater but not an fan, I also notice the change. The kid seems like he's been in an dark period since the shot he hit against Orlando. When they lost that series its like he lost faith in his team, franchise, and more importantly himself (as seen in the fact he opt to leave and play Wade and Bosh).

Wrigheyes4MVP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtejCR413c

There...just click the above link to see what is inside Lebron's head.

Sadds The Gr8
i love how every Lebron thread begins with...

First I just wanna get out that this is no way a Lebron hate thread whatsoever.

JordanPippen
06-13-2011, 03:23 AM
OP ignore these fools.

I think it's interesting. During the press conference after the game, Lebron kept saying how he doesn't care at all what people say about him. He kept emphasizing this, and it seemed like he was trying to convince himself more than he was the media.

Obviously, despite his incredible basketball talent, he's a human being. Despite how much I hated LeBron's antics, if he had the right mindset, there's no doubt he would have been better than Jordan.

The fact of the matter is, you have to look at what shaped the player. He grew up without a father figure. He essentially relied on his friends to get him through his youth, and even til this day, he has the same circle. He hasn't faced real adversity growing up, and it wasn't until about two years ago people started turning on him.

It's sad to see a guy with the potential to be the best player to ever play the game of basketball to not fully utilize his skills. Plain and simple, LeBron is still a boy. He's not a man yet. However, all is not set in stone. Like you and me, LeBron has the ability to grow from this change for the better. Whether he does or not still remains to be seen. We'll see how the story unfolds in the coming years.

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Whatever LeBron does is perceived "negative" in the news media......

I knew his 1st year would be a struggle on a team with Bosh & Wade, two talented players, and some of the Best! This was a learning season, and a learning experience. He will only get better, and be even harder to defeat after this 1st "excruciating" year in Maimi. This was going to be the toughest year for them (Wade, LeBron, and Bosh) to Win it!

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-13-2011, 03:31 AM
Seriously though...I read the entire opening post of this thread, and I feel the exact same way.

I used to love Lebron, but now, I hate him and can say that I honestly don't really respect him all that much as an athlete.

I miss the old Lebron, but I think he is gone now...gone forever.

It seriously reminds me of Hulk Hogan when he turned into a bad guy and formed the NWO. I know that sounds like a ridiculous comparison, but that just the way I feel.

Anyway, none of that will impact his chances at being a champion. Only he can determine that. He needs to develop a strong post game and become more of an off the ball got to guy scorer IMO.

Regardless of whether he becomes a great champion or not...I don't think he will ever be truly liked and respected by the general public, and he is gonna have to 1) Get used to it, and 2) Handle it much better than he has so far.

cbreezy34
06-13-2011, 03:32 AM
That's what I was thinking. I think he has a little bit of T.O. and McNabb in him. He doesn;t have that killer instict ala McNabb and he grew up with out knowing his father was like T.O which can lead to emotional instability. His mother also concieved him when he was 15 I believe. All of these factors make it difficult to have a tough mental make up.

setman2000
06-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Great points. Tonight was the low for sure. LeBron was flat out afraid to shoot passing up wide open looks and passing the ball to Chalmers like he was playing hot potato. It was unbelievable that he wouldn't step up after already being battered for his play this series. He came out the 1st 4 minutes like he was going to dominate and then just wilted under the pressure. Sad.

cbreezy34
06-13-2011, 03:34 AM
To me it's just shocking how much my opinon and perception has changed on him. I no longer feel close to the way I once did. I, like many, did a complete 180 on my feelings towards him. I viewed him as someone who could do no wrong.. would defend him to no end... believe he would one day be cutting down the nets. Now he can't do anything right.

LA_Raiders
06-13-2011, 03:36 AM
You get what you deserve... You collect what you harvest...

Ebbs
06-13-2011, 03:39 AM
I agree I'm starting to dislike LeBron he just seems to be running from something. I believe he is without a doubt the beat player in basketball. As much as his actions and words are starting to irritate me it enfuriates me how much blind hate is thrown his way.

My dad thinks he just has to start being more of a robot less emotion and give back to the community and people will like him. (my dad blindly hates him. Believes he's all pride and attitude.) But I feel this is not the case I feel the media and public have turned against him.

EaglePride615
06-13-2011, 03:49 AM
i dont know if the rumors that his fiance had an affair with rashard lewis are true but if they are it could be the reason as to why he suddenly started playing bad.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 03:50 AM
"Motha ****in Jordan ruined my motha ****in career. Why did you have to say **** Scottie? WHY?"

avt1702
06-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Here's my two cents, to me, mentally, Lebron is just a normal human being, and like some of us posted before, he's just a kid. I think he's used to being admired and loved, and he cares a whole lot about what people say abt him, he's also used to being successful, very successful, to the point the he's afraid of failure, you can see it simply when he has to do thing that may impact his legacy (basketball wise, like taking clutch shots in the 4th) or even by not participating in dunk contest (eventhough he's said he'd try it many years) becuz he didnt want to lose.
As the years roll on, the longer he's gone in the league without a title, the more pressure he got, that he wanted to get those pressures off him by trying to silence the little critics he had (by getting a ring), but he went about the wrong way (the easy way), and got some really bad advice (the decision) which turned him into a hated figure and now there's no turning back.
One more thing, he's never had the mental toughness of Jordan, or other greats, he just pretend he has it. He wouldve been able to accomplish anything he wanted if he didnt care so much abt what other ppl say, and could just leave the pressures behind, you can see how he performs when his team is clearly better, when he plays without doubt, IMO I dont think he thrives on being hated, just the opposite, if the world would love him for teaming up with wade and bosh in Miami, I'd bet that he wouldve had the best season of his career, or anyone's career, since he's that good and he's just happen to be the most talented bball player ever. But thats why jordan was so special and will always be, cuz he's got the combination thats so rare, Mental+Physical+Talents.

omdigga
06-13-2011, 06:43 AM
winning a title isnt supposed to be easy... all season the heat got hated on because people didnt want it to be easy for them...
i remember watching the first 7 1/2 quarters of this finals thinking, this isnt fair.. cant stop both of them and they have bosh...

people appreciate the struggle of the journey.. lebron would have been a legend in clevland and respected throughout the league if he stayed.. cause everyone would know that its not gonna be easy for this kid..

but he did take the easy way out.. he took the route that he thought would put the least amount of pressure on him ( that backfired).. saying that pat riley could play point guard for the heat before the season started wasnt cool... they were acting like it was over... nobody can respect that...

basically he was my favorite player.. now he's not.. and I think its because he chose the easy way out... i wanted to see him complete the journey in clevland..

sventhedog
06-13-2011, 08:05 AM
i don't know if i should feel sad but it's funny how he keeps on saying all his critics don't affect him. lol. take a last parting shot at "those who want you to lose"? but it's not affecting you? a last ditch effort because no championship ring can talk for him.

ok then. i didn't type this message. i was thinking about this post, when i sneezed, a post appeared in my screen.

same thing with cleveland fans, it's not like they'll win a championship to show lebron. so all they can do is just laugh or burn his jersey or wish he doesn't win.

that's the simplest analogy i can think of.

HesterTrain
06-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Well we can all fit inside of that planet. It's got it's own orbit.

bfhs1981b
06-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Let me begin by stating that I do not and never have liked LeBron. He is and has always been about himself. He's like a kid that if he can't have it his way, he is going to take his ball and go home. Last season during the playoffs, he essentially gave up. Then the whole "decision" bs last summer and now his lack of heart and desire during these finals.

One thing I will admit though is that I have a little more respect for Chris Bosh. Initially I thought he was just there to get easy rings, but he actually showed a lot of heart and passion throughout the playoffs. King James showed none of it. Once he realized that Dwayne was going to be the man that would win MVP if they won these finals, he basically checked out.

I'd like to see the Bulls trade Carlos Boozer for Chris Bosh. Then the Heat would have another heartless player for their classless fans.

cbreezy34
06-13-2011, 12:05 PM
But when do you guys think this change started? Was it during the Magic series, the Celtic series, or has he always been like this and I was 100 percent off for the first 7 yrs of his career.

billyocean15
06-13-2011, 12:07 PM
To answer your question he only cares about his fame and $$$...
ding ding ding! at the end of the day he has that to fall back on :facepalm:

8kobe24
06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
But when do you guys think this change started? Was it during the Magic series, the Celtic series, or has he always been like this and I was 100 percent off for the first 7 yrs of his career.

...Things just went 360 after delonte tapped his mom. Seriously, I think having to worry about things like that takes a lot out him mentally.

chicago lulz
06-13-2011, 01:03 PM

Coming into the league at the age of 18, playing with players that range from the 20-mid 30 range. He's coming into the league humble. Hasn't proven himself, but has amazing talent. After a few years, proven that he can produce in the NBA at a high rate, has the abilities to take a team to a finals. Maybe got a little ahead of himself.

So I mean he could have always been like this, but certainly didn't show it his first few years. It could have been it all getting into his head, inflating his ego.

IDK though.