PDA

View Full Version : Can the Heat (with these core 3 players) still win MULTIPLE ships?

kArSoN RyDaH
06-13-2011, 01:50 AM
As we all know they predicted 7+ championships. It's obviously not likely..

asandhu23
06-13-2011, 01:55 AM
no.

Jahari Kavi
06-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Not 7 plus but they can still win rings

LTBaByyy
06-13-2011, 01:57 AM
I see them losing next year to the Bulls in the ECF (Bulls getting a SG who can score this offseason)

MacFitz92
06-13-2011, 01:59 AM
We'll see if they can win one first.

TheRunKiller
06-13-2011, 02:01 AM
I see them losing next year to the Bulls in the ECF (Bulls getting a SG who can score this offseason)

:nod:

Catfish1314
06-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Honestly, I think they'll win at least three. They're too talented. If Spoelstra gets one more shot and they fall again, he's done.

Defense became a huge issue for them in Games 5 and 6. I don't know what happened but that was not the same defense that clamped down on Chicago.

Offense was an issue the whole postseason. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are two of the most dynamic scorers in the world and Chris Bosh has more offensive gifts than just about any power forward in the league. They're unselfish, athletic, and they play very hard. I don't understand what's keeping them from being utterly dominant offensively. But I haven't seen that much of them either.

The three main guys should and almost definitely will improve as a cohesive unit. But some changes need to be made to their frontline. Tyson Chandler was a game changer in this series the way Joakim Noah should have been the round before.

Evolution23
06-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Knicks vs Mavs next season

Sadds The Gr8
06-13-2011, 02:09 AM
not 7-8 like Lebron predicted

Young2Kinsler
06-13-2011, 02:11 AM
Let us all hope, us regular people, that LeBron NEVER wins ****!

Sandman
06-13-2011, 02:12 AM
Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven

Zip, zero, zulch, nada.

At least for now.

Bruno
06-13-2011, 02:12 AM
They'll win eventually.

The 916 Guy
06-13-2011, 02:13 AM
They can still win multiple championships.

It really depends on what they take from this loss. If they go into next year with that same entitled, cocky attitude then I don't know. But if they use this loss to drive them and come together as a team they could dominate the league.

shep33
06-13-2011, 02:13 AM
they're still so talented, I expect them to still win atleast 1

TheRunKiller
06-13-2011, 02:14 AM

maybe the nba 2k12 knicks

TylerSL
06-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Im still confident we can do it. We destroyed the East in Year 1. Were only going to get better.

RipCity32
06-13-2011, 02:18 AM
There is no way they don't,they are not gonna win seven but they will when a few.

jetsforever
06-13-2011, 02:26 AM
Its kind of a high number but who knows? If they were 2 games away in their first season, its possible.

I won't hold my breath though. 7/8 is a lot.

IndiansFan337
06-13-2011, 02:27 AM
Yes. They certainly will win multiple championships if those top 3 guys can stay healthy.

They will be the favorites heading into next year.

Cubs420
06-13-2011, 02:27 AM
They better start next year if they want to win multiple titles...Dwade isnt getting any younger and you never know with those injuries..

John Walls Era
06-13-2011, 02:28 AM
They'll win 2.

nimazahir
06-13-2011, 02:35 AM
If they get sammy d this summer and maybe a guy like ai for the minimum then I think they will win next year. Maybe a better coach who can make plays on offense. People forget that miller and haslem played injured.
I predict 3, maybe 4.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-13-2011, 02:36 AM

:laugh: we got a jokester here.

NBA_Starter
06-13-2011, 02:36 AM
If they get a few more valuable pieces to complement them then yes.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 02:41 AM
i expect them to win at least 1.

Although the upcoming talent of the Bulls, Knicks (if they get Chris Paul and fire Mike D), Thunder, Blazers, hell even the Clippers, will make it a lot harder.

Iron24th
06-13-2011, 02:44 AM
Yes they can,but will they?

towlsmoke420
06-13-2011, 02:48 AM
Miami will definitely win multy rings. they already proved that no one in the east can stop them(bulls can but need more pieces). Miami will only win against old teams

mohye
06-13-2011, 02:52 AM
No they will be lucky to win 2....they are not a very good team they are great individual players..

Also lookout for Chi next year..if they had any help for Rose they wouldve beaten the Heat...and they will get help in the offseason

U mad?

CountSackula
06-13-2011, 02:59 AM
They obviously don't have a 7 year window. They have about 3-4 more years left in them for a couple of titles.

Im still confident we can do it. We destroyed the East in Year 1. Were only going to get better.

And so will everyone else, ESPECIALLY after seeing what the Heat did to the East in Year 1.

knickfan33
06-13-2011, 03:16 AM
if they get really lucky with the few draft picks they have over next couple years...maybe they get one... lets not forget lebron wade both 3 years from being 30.... and there cap room isnt gonna get them anything but old ring chasers and journeyman....

RaidersLakers24
06-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Yes they can but I don't know if they will

I got the lakers vs the bulls or Knicks next year depending on who the bulls get at sg and what big man the knicks get! And I got the lakers as long a their healthy Kobe Bynum etc.

omdigga
06-13-2011, 06:11 AM
any team that has lebron is a contender.. still can win multiple ships..

stejay
06-13-2011, 06:43 AM
I still believe 2-3 is possible, but the NBA is deep in talent now man. I think thats around their limit.

stejay
06-13-2011, 06:45 AM

I got the lakers vs the bulls or Knicks next year depending on who the bulls get at sg and what big man the knicks get! And I got the lakers as long a their healthy Kobe Bynum etc.

Even as a Lakers fan, its gonna be tough to get past Dallas and OKC next year.

blastmasta26
06-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Titles for this team are inevitable, it's just the matter of how many. Wade is going to be 30 and LeBron and Bosh are going to be 27 next season. So I think they will get 3 titles in that time, think about it: despite so many noticeable problems with the Heat, they were only 2 games away from a title in the Big 3's inaugural season.

blastmasta26
06-13-2011, 07:17 AM

No way my Knicks can get a good enough big to instantly compete, Marc Gasol is the best C available and it's unlikely anyone will be able to get him from Memphis. And I'm a little skeptical about the Lakers as of now, they need to make some moves (albeit small ones) to get back into contention without Phil Jackson.

bolts4ever
06-13-2011, 07:48 AM
I think every year the Heat loose is a big opportunity lost!!

consider this Wade is the Heart and Soul and the true Leader of that team and he is 30 and constatly has injury issues reported or unreported. For a 6'4 SG who takes as much as a punding as Dwade does his body will fail him before time.

Plus theirs a lot of good teams Kobe has at least 1 more in him and OKC Chicago, NY, LA clippers, Wizards will all improve drastically within 2 years.

I say they could win 1 or two

1.) D-Wade's age and body has probably 3yrs maximum capacity

2.) Teams will build their teams in order to combat MIA.

3.) gonna be hard for them too really improve their roster because of their limited resources.

4.) LEBRONS GAME HAS TO BE FIXED IN ORDER TO COMPLIMENT WADE!!!!!
develop a consistant jumper and post game would really help.

sventhedog
06-13-2011, 08:08 AM
they're obviously young so they have a chance but the bigger question is will there be a pre-season parade again? because lebron needs to start counting championship rings again.

jiggin
06-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Can the Heat (with these core 3 players) still win MULTIPLE ships?

of course...they made it to the finals in their first year together with many more years (at least on the books) together in the future.

There is no reason to believe that they can't make it back to the finals again next year. Dynasties are built around constant playoff appearances and regular trips to the finals.

So far...they have made it closer to the finals than any other team besides the Mavs in their first year together...no reason to think that can't continue.

But for this year...second place; its just the first loser.

jockrider
06-13-2011, 08:19 AM

rose can't score fts and layups in 4th quarters so its still not likely.

jockrider
06-13-2011, 08:20 AM

ehh i think lakers are done imo no way they can beat OKC or dallas.

mark1125
06-13-2011, 08:40 AM
How many witll the "Big 3" win? None because I don't see Bosh staying for more than another year or so before he gets dealt. I see LBJ and Wade winning one together sometime in the near future. LBJ needs to grow up a little first. Maybe choking again and losing what he felt entitled to will help on that front.

As someone else pointed out, if the Heat (and our legions of June 2010 Heat fans) act/feel entitled again......they will be sorely disappointed.

They need to quit acting as if they are owed everything, quit worrying about decisions, press conferences, tweets, posing for the camera, etc and focus on why they collapsed on the grandest stage in the finals.

nykobe24
06-13-2011, 08:48 AM
people who say the lakers are done and can't beat the mavs, or thunder needs a reality check.....

with that said if you don't think the heat will win at least one championship then you're delusional

Propaganda
06-13-2011, 08:51 AM
It's hard to see them not winning two if all things stay the same. However, the biggest unknown at this point is what the new CBA will bring. If the salary cap drops significantly the Heat may need a new plan of action to fill out their roster.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2011, 08:51 AM
of course they can. Obviously they need to get the equation right, role player wise, and James needs to actually step up and perform in the finals, but of course they have the talent to be a contender for the next number of years.

mark1125
06-13-2011, 08:55 AM
The main thing outside of LBJ getting his head out of his butt is seeing how other teams develop. With some of the big names that can be moving soon, could we see another team get a big 3? Again......teams arent just going to lay down for the "big 3". As of today.....Wade is the only one that knows who to win.

TO to the CHI
06-13-2011, 09:09 AM
of course they can. Obviously they need to get the equation right, role player wise, and James needs to actually step up and perform in the finals, but of course they have the talent to be a contender for the next number of years.

This is spot on.

The only answer is that they CAN win multiple championships. They have not shown anything that would suggest otherwise. But there is no guarantee as this year health cooperated for the Big 3 (and with no depth that is a necessity) and Wade/LeBron have to do a better job stepping up together. But they absolutely CAN still win multiple championships.

ne3xchamps
06-13-2011, 09:14 AM
IMO they are going to have to trade one of them, sorry to say that for the heat fans. They have no big man down low that can defend. They need more/better bench and role players.

But they won't trade any of them, just try to do it all over again next season.

kozelkid
06-13-2011, 09:23 AM
I think they win two at most to be honest.
Wade is getting up there in age...
I'd like to think my Bulls can be representing the East next season, but I do think we are still a year away.

Jarvo
06-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Im not a heat fan, But its funny as hell when people can say with a straight face they wont even win one ring. They got this far in year one and to me they overachieved becuase I sure thought they would lose to boston, The scary thing about it free agents will flock to Miami to play for a title and they will have a better bench, PG and C no superstars but a nice upgrade.

Jarvo
06-13-2011, 09:35 AM
i expect them to win at least 1.

Although the upcoming talent of the Bulls, Knicks (if they get Chris Paul and fire Mike D), Thunder, Blazers, hell even the Clippers, will make it a lot harder.

You had me at bulls, knicks (if they get CP3) but the thunder missing something but I cant put my finger on it *maybe more time* blazers are really the deepest team in the NBA if they are healthy and clippers :cricket:

kidfury
06-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Their talent and a few lucky bounces their way and they'll win a title but definitely not 7. BUT new collective bargaining agreement could drastically alter future plans and their bench which isn't too deep to begin with.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Absolutely.

I said 3 rings after they signed and I see no reason to change that prediction.

jp611
06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Wade's getting up there in age, and his fall is going to be a hard fall from the top, once he loses his athleticism it's gonna be a hard hard fall for him, he can't shoot at all, so it will be interesting to see what happens

If they don't win next year, there will be a lot of criticism and it will be interesting to see what happens

mark1125
06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Im not a heat fan, But its funny as hell when people can say with a straight face they wont even win one ring. They got this far in year one and to me they overachieved becuase I sure thought they would lose to boston, The scary thing about it free agents will flock to Miami to play for a title and they will have a better bench, PG and C no superstars but a nice upgrade.

I agree that they SHOULD get at least one, but it is far from a sure thing. Yes this was year one, but some things may change.

-For the most part, the big 3 were all healthy this season. Will that hold up?
-I think that this "Big 3" type thing is the rage now. I would imagine that another team or 2 will do this.
-Until Bron shows he can show up when it matters, how will things be any different next time?
-They will have to be creative/lucky with drafts and/or trades and signings. Their depth is horrible and they won't have a ton of money to spend. They will have to trade/sign/draft very wisely.
-CBA. Who knows what will change.

I think some teams (namely Knicks/Bulls) seem to be on the upswing in the East. Lets see what free agency brings. I think Bosh gets dealt in 2 years or less. I think they win one together, but if they don't (due to injuries, improved teams, Bron continuing to flop in crunch time, etc), I wouldn't say I would be shocked and amazed.

-IF they stay healthy.
-IF Bron focuses on hoops instead of tweets, announcements, excuses.
-IF they can be creative and add depth.
-IF other teams don't close the gap.

IF these things come into play, they should get a couple. Keep in mind the title of the thread. Can they win multiple championships with THE CORE 3? Bosh will be playing elsewhere in less than 2 years UNLESS everything goes to plan next yr. Just my opinion of course.

Tarheels23
06-13-2011, 12:55 PM
How can people say that the Heat's core cannot win multiple rings with a straight face? Hatred sure does blind people.

Avenged
06-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Obviously they can, it was their 1st year together.

But I would look to trade one of them.. I read here about a trade involving Lebron for Dwight, that trade would do wonders for Miami.

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 01:09 PM
They'll get at least a couple before its over. Everyone is in panic mode right now but its pretty rare that you put an entire new team together and they get it the first year. To me its a pretty big deal they got as far as they did all things considered, especially taking into consideration how they started the season.

Im a big believer in you have to get your heart broke before you become a champion anyway so this will make them a better team in the long run....

Cal827
06-13-2011, 01:20 PM
They can probably win one or two but I think their window of opportunity of winning with the three guys is closing. The new CBA will likey make drastic changes to the NBA. For example, if they set a hard cap to start a few years after the agreement (as been mentioned before), then one of the big 3 will almost certaintly have to be traded away. They will likely have problems finding somebody to take on Bosh's contract (I mention him since he's been already mentioned in trade rumors this year) superstar-type contract... which could mean that Lebron or Wade might be dealt instead. Also consider that some teams might have the cap space available to aqcuire a star player... and seem to already be on the rise (E.g. New York, Indiana ( seem to be developing and they shed like 30 million in payroll this year), OKC, etc). Wade is also going to decline soon. I love how he plays, but that's also an issue with him. He's injury prone.

Missing56&33
06-13-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't know because Lebron is not a clutch player......he's slowing turning out to be the Donovan Mcnabb of basketball.

Rivera
06-13-2011, 01:26 PM
of course there just missing a C and a piece or 2 off the bench

desertrat218
06-13-2011, 01:29 PM
The only thing the Heat is really lacking are the role players. This trio is certainly capable of winning some championships if they can add a few role players to help out in the paint and beyond the arc.

theheatles
06-13-2011, 01:31 PM
bring in nene or chandler while staying healthy and multiple championships is happening...

knickfan33
06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
bring in nene or chandler while staying healthy and multiple championships is happening...

yeah im sure you can afford either one of them.... heat will have no chance of signing anyone that good..... its all mle, veteran ring chasers, and the hope they can get a great player with there 3 drift picks over the next 5 years....lol

AddiX
06-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Mike francea just said something that makes a lot of sense.

Brons problems started effecting the entire team. I watched game 6 and in the 4th quarter it looked like no one knew WTF to do.

Bron was quick get rid of the ball to guys like chalmers. And than after wade went public and said I've been here before give me the ball etc etc, the entire team looked completely confused.

theheatles
06-13-2011, 01:43 PM
yeah im sure you can afford either one of them.... heat will have no chance of signing anyone that good..... its all mle, veteran ring chasers, and the hope they can get a great player with there 3 drift picks over the next 5 years....lol

well, we don't know whats going to happen this off season with the CBA, but the heat are def capable of signing nene hilario to a MLE under current system(nene said he wants to go miami), maybe not chandler now, because his value probably just went up...but you probably think this and assume the knicks are going to get dwight or chris paul

OC Knights #11
06-13-2011, 01:43 PM
They will have an oppurtunity to win a championship every year as long as they have James and Wade, but I don't see it happening any time soon. A couple younger, up and coming teams on the rise like Oklahoma and Chicago will have something to prove.

Tony_Starks
06-13-2011, 01:44 PM

You seriously think Chandler would leave a championship team to sign with a team he just beat? You think Cuban would let that happen?

Wake up man!

And Nene isn't even a FA yet, he has to opt out of this last year to become one. But if he does it for damn sure won't be to go sign a MLE somewhere....

JayHunter
06-13-2011, 01:47 PM
If Wade stays healthy the have a shot to get at lest 3

theheatles
06-13-2011, 01:57 PM
You seriously think Chandler would leave a championship team to sign with a team he just beat? You think Cuban would let that happen?

Wake up man!

And Nene isn't even a FA yet, he has to opt out of this last year to become one. But if he does it for damn sure won't be to go sign a MLE somewhere....

mavs are old though...i was thinking chandler might of went to the heat but now, probably not because he's going to get paid

JAZZNC
06-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I think that people are seriously underestimating their problems. Yes, they went to the Finals, once but there is no guarantee that they will ever even make it back to the Finals. The could win one or two but to say that it's a given is a little ridiculous.

They still have a lot of problems. I think everybody found out this year how fake of a star Bosh is. He's a chump, can't play D, and is a jump shooting big man. They have NO post presence. Lebron simply isn't a finisher/closer. He's way more Wilkins than Magic or MJ. He's weak minded and I think that he and Bosh lost the confidence of Wade. There is also going to be the constant battle over who's gonna have the ball with the game on the line. There isn't a clear cut leader or go to guy and that is going to rear it's ugly head over and over and over again. They're not going to be able to sign guys who are worth a crap to play with them. Last and most important in my mind, Bosh, James, and Wade are all at their peak. How much better are they going to get individually? Other teams like the Bulls, Thunder, Clippers, ect. are all going to get better. Also, the Celts and Lakers aren't going to just fall off the face of the Earth.

They "can" win multiple championships, but it certainly isn't a given. It's not going to get any easier and they didn't win it this year.

njnets
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM
i think they win multiple. in between 2-4 rings. they have too much talent not to. they came pretty close this year and they didnt perform to their best level. they will win. i may not like it, but its the truth.

add a veteran center like dalembert or someone and it increases their chances even more. they will get a few rings

kidfury
06-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Wade is a proven stud player during crunch time but is becoming more injury prone. Lebron, so far is only hype. Bosh, is flawed and not a leader. The Heat as with ANY team to win a championship needs some luck, whether it be no injuries a few lucky bounces to win a title. Their margin of error is indeed smaller with their level of talent BUT no one should under estimate the importance of the bench or role players. The heat can still win multiple titles with the 'big 3' but whether they are able to stay together long enough or be fortunate enough to have the stars align just right is NO where near a gurantee.

SteBO
06-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Regarding Tyson Chandler, I've seen players leave championship teams to go elsewhere, but only for money purposes. I don't think that's Tyson's priority and I also think he wants to settle down somewhere. He moved around alot in the NBA for a younger player and I think his best move is to stay in Dallas, where Mark Cuban treats his players well. Besides, Cuban would be nuts to even let him walk for nothing.

ChicagoJ
06-14-2011, 10:45 AM
I think people need to realize how hard it is to win an nba title. It all depends on the competition and I think this year Miami had a very good chance to win it all. They had one of the best defenses in the nba surrounding the big 3. You can't expect they will always have a team like that around those 3.

But, next year they should still have much in place, so they will be a contender for at least the next few seasons. Whether or not they win it all depends on how good the other teams in the nba are.

nycsports2
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
they can def win mult ships id say 1 or 2 though

SoxBearsBulls!
06-14-2011, 11:22 AM
As long as Wade is healthy and elite, maybe they have a 3-4 year window to win because after Wade is done, we all know a LBJ led team won't win the Finals, his balls shrink up into his belly in the biggest stage.

How many times we gotta see LeBron fail til we realize he's not clutch?The Heat's hope reside in Wade, just watch...Wade is done and the Heat will become the Cavs.