PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's press conference made me dislike him even more.

Pages : [1] 2 3

swirl54
06-13-2011, 12:54 AM
LeBron: "At the end of the day, all of the people that want to see me fail will wake up tomorrow and have the same life, the same problems."

Did you mean to say we will still be broke and you will be rich? thoughts?

swirl54
06-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Deleted dumb comment sorry

homestarunner93
06-13-2011, 12:55 AM
I think you're overreacting a little bit; I believe that his point was that they aren't going to be any more fulfilled in life by him losing a basketball game.

whitemamba33
06-13-2011, 12:56 AM
LeBron: "At the end of the day, all of the people that want to see me fail will wake up tomorrow and have the same life, the same problems."

Don't put words in his mouth..he didn't mention money at all.

It's true though...and it puts things into perspective. It's just a game, and no matter who wins or loses it's nothing more than that.

Sadds The Gr8
I think you're overreacting a little bit; I believe that his point was that they aren't going to be any more fulfilled in life by him losing a basketball game.

lol that sig is jokes.

but i agree with the op. Lebron is a douche lord

swirl54
Ok can he be humbled? I don't get it at all.

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 12:57 AM
This is really not necessary. You can say the Mods are being biased all you want by closing these threads, but this is not going to lead to anything good and is a horrible idea.

daleja424
06-13-2011, 12:57 AM
I agree with the above... I think he simply meant that if people use his failures to elevate their life they are in for a rude awakening when they get up tomorrow morning and they still have to go to work basically. Life goes on. Celebrating Lebron's demise does not change a single tangible thing in their lives.

ClipperfanKevin
06-13-2011, 12:58 AM
He's saying something along the lines of "haters gon' hate".

hugepatsfan
He's right. I hate him as much as the next person, but my life is no different because he lost other than me getting excited. I might pick up my vodka tonight and have a few drinks rather than wait till tomorrow when I was supposed to pick it up. But other than that, nothing's different. I'm going to wake up and go to owrk just as I would if MIA won.

SMH!
Weird thing is, I thought the same thing when he said that, lebron is a king without a ring, and I am happy for that :]

FriedTofuz

He's basically saying their life isnt going to be affected and his life is obviously better. Which it is , afterall, hes an athlete with fame and money and can probably do alot more than many of us can. Why hate on him? People will gloat. Kevin garnett is worse.

210Don
06-13-2011, 12:59 AM
damn. bron taking the im rich you not route lmao good one

swirl54
I am asking if anyone else thought he was being a jerk i just took it that way.

Jahari Kavi
Over blown as usual......to be honest Lebron would be justified to get on the podium and tell America to suck one with the way some of the Heat critics (and I use that term loosely) have acted......I still fail to realize all the hate this team has gotten......they had a celebration for "their" fans....he had a decision that "millions" of people watched and that gave basketball a much needed dose of excitement....it reminds me of some of the moronic hatred kobe has gotten over the years, except it's much worse.....

jimbobjarree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrCYX5lxVQo

thaboss318
From this I'm taking that he is saying too many people are worried about whether he fails or not..that his failure isn't going to change our daily lives and maybe we should be more focused on improving that then cheering for another person to fail??

If that is what he meant...then he is speaking some truth...

Evolution23
Lebron is right. Karma is a ***** and if you put some one down for losing, decision, or whatever, it will come back to bite you in the ***. Although Lebron still hasn't learned how to lose gracefully, he still has a long way to go in terms of maturity, until he gets there he will never be a champion.

DaBear
And when your favorite team wins a title, your life is still the same. What's your ****ing point, LeBron?

Cano4prez
06-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Werent you the guy who said Rose was the best player in the NBA?

hugepatsfan

At first I loved ur sig... but then I realized how you defiled the great body of Beyonce by giving her a turd for a head. :pity:

lol

Draco
damn. bron taking the im rich you not route lmao good one

whose mom got nailed by delonte? hmm, lebron.

thaboss318
06-13-2011, 01:02 AM
This is the video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oD5Srga9Fs

DaBear
06-13-2011, 01:03 AM

Me? No...

Regardless, this has nothing to do with Rose. Let's not change the subject.

Crackadalic
06-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Him failing doesnt help pay my damn bills so as much of a douch he is people need to stop making it bigger then it already is

swirl54
06-13-2011, 01:04 AM

I said i'd take him > LeBron who many think or thought was the best and I still would even more so now.

JC_

He's saying that being a hater doesn't solve peoples problems and I have to agree.

hugepatsfan
Him failing doesnt help pay my damn bills so as much of a douch he is people need to stop making it bigger then it already is

This. I'm excited that he lost because I can't stand him. But I still have to go to work tomorrow and the next day and the next day, etc. I have to pay my car insurance in about a month. None of that changes.

Sadds The Gr8
06-13-2011, 01:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrCYX5lxVQo

hahahahahhahahahahahahaah

IDB Josh M
06-13-2011, 01:06 AM
No, Lebron is wrong. My life is better so as long as he doesn't have a ring. hehe

Rosh
06-13-2011, 01:06 AM
He didn't mean it in a jerk way, but the fact still remains: We didn't put him on a pedestal. He did the second he took part in that fabricated celebration, called out 7+ championships, and said the "games would be easy". Him being indignant at this attention is quite ridiculous.

He's right. None of those cheering his loss will have their lives changed in any significant way. But appreciating the failure of someone who went out of his way to be that cocky and attention-grabbing is a victory for humility and playing the game the right way, not just a Heat loss, as Mr. James would like to think.

thaboss318
06-13-2011, 01:07 AM
This. I'm excited that he lost because I can't stand him. But I still have to go to work tomorrow and the next day and the next day, etc. I have to pay my car insurance in about a month. None of that changes.

If you were a pimp...you would have a girl who pays all your bills while you sit at home and play xbox and invite other girls over and have sex with them all day

God is good.

Max Power
06-13-2011, 01:08 AM
So, if he ever does win a championship(huge if, I know)will he, instead of thanking the fans and telling them to enjoy,tell them their life still sucks?

Same difference.

AntiG
nothing wrong with what he said.

Grand Master B
i will wake up and go to work........ and talk all day with my coworkers about how lebron lost.... and then i will do it the next day, and the next, and the next.... should be a good summer really

LionsFan..LOL
06-13-2011, 01:09 AM
I thought what LBJ said may be a little dickish but the man just lost in the finals of a major sporting event. I think he has the right to be a little pissed off.

JamaicanYouth
If you watched it thats exactly how he ment it he basically said you could say whatever you want but at the end of the day I go home to my mansion and u mad cuz you out here struggling

hugepatsfan
If you were a pimp...you would have a girl who pays all your bills while you sit at home and play xbox and invite other girls over and have sex with them all day

God is good.

Ur sig is absolutely amazing

sammid21
What he said might have been true but it was a douche comment. The old Im rich and you ain't comment was uncalled for coming from a PROFESSIONAL athlete.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 01:10 AM
He's saying that being a hater doesn't solve peoples problems and I have to agree.

Neither does taking the easy way out. What he fails to see is the regular citizen has to earn everything in life. LeBron is the complete opposite of the regular citizen. He is reminiscent of the guy who gave up on his job and chose to sell drugs to make money. Maybe that's a bit extreme, but you see my point. Hard work pays off. Just ask Dirk....

swirl54
06-13-2011, 01:10 AM
He made me 100 bux so tomorrow when i get paid will be great

swirl54
06-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Neither does taking the easy way out. What he fails to see is the regular citizen has to earn everything in life. LeBron is the complete opposite of the regular citizen. He is reminiscent of the guy who gave up on his job and chose to sell drugs to make money. Maybe that's a bit extreme, but you see my point. Hard work pays off. Just ask Dirk....

I sure am glad he didn't end up in Chicago.

LA_Raiders
06-13-2011, 01:11 AM

God is good.

lol, Cool Sig...

hugepatsfan
06-13-2011, 01:12 AM
I had just assumed that the OP was blowing it out of proportion. But I just watched the video and it's definately possible he meant it in a douche bag way...

jetsforever
06-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Everything he said is correct. How much better is your life really because he lost?

Come on guys, this hate is actually past ridiculous.

GottaLoveCubs
So, if he ever does win a championship(huge if, I know)will he, instead of thanking the fans and telling them to enjoy,tell them their life still sucks?

Same difference.

That's kind of how I took it. If it doesn't matter if he wins or loses, why should we even watch? Why should we go to the games to pay his salary.

LA_Raiders
NO wonder why LeBrick is so hated... He is just a class act... Sorry an *** act...

hugepatsfan
I sure am glad he didn't end up in Chicago.

Me too. Because I want BOS to win titles and CHI would have the east on lock had they gotten Lebron.

DaBear
LeBron can show off his cash and fame all he wants, but he'll always be a quitter. Money doesn't make a man. One who quits when things get tough is nothing but a coward.

And it's funny he says this when he makes fun of Dirk's illness a few days ago. I thought people had their own problems?

Tmath

I took it the same way. Just when he couldn't get anymore hated the dumbass says this

ink
He's saying something along the lines of "haters gon' hate".

Pretty much sums it up.

I have never done this on PSD before but /thread. No one is going to sum up this non-starter thread better than that.

Love Lebron or hate him, all he said was the truth.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Lebron, your mom got ****ed up by Delonte West and your GF screwed you over for Rashard Lewis. You have money yet no love, not even from your friends and family.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Everything he said is correct. How much better is your life really because he lost?

Come on guys, this hate is actually past ridiculous.

It made me feel better that the quitter still doesn't get what he wants. I count that as a positive in life. I love seeing quitters fail because anyone who wants the easy way out is a coward.

Master Mind
06-13-2011, 01:16 AM
You guys can't be serious...:facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
06-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Pretty much sums it up.

I have never done this on PSD before but /thread. No one is going to sum up this non-starter thread better than that.

Love Lebron or hate him, all he said was the truth.

the same can be said even when your favourite team wins/loses, or anyone else for that matter, no?

Like, our lives won't be different if the Raptors won a title.

thaboss318
06-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Wait...HE DID THIS BEFORE!!!!!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/131424/lebron_james_check_my_stats_main.jpg

Maybe there is more to this then just saying get over it?

Tmath
06-13-2011, 01:19 AM
You guys can't be serious...:facepalm:

Nice sig :laugh2:

hard_candy
06-13-2011, 01:19 AM
LeBron will be broke within 5 years of retirement.

LeBron can show off his cash and fame all he wants, but he'll always be a quitter. Money doesn't make a man. One who quits when things get tough is nothing but a coward.

And it's funny he says this when he makes fun of Dirk's illness a few days ago. I thought people had their own problems?

meloman1592
06-13-2011, 01:20 AM
IDK what Lebron meant by that but when i saw it, i thought the same thing. If that's what he was referring to, then wow.

Sixerlover
06-13-2011, 01:21 AM
Man you guys take it too far 99% of the time. What he said was 100% correct. At the end of the day, people go to sleep tonight wake up and continue living the same life they were living yesterday at 8:59 PM. Being happy a player lost shouldn't give you much joy at all. It's all really awkward to me.

Master Mind
06-13-2011, 01:21 AM

And you'll still have small nads

JC_
06-13-2011, 01:22 AM
He didn't mean it in a jerk way, but the fact still remains: We didn't put him on a pedestal. He did the second he took part in that fabricated celebration, called out 7+ championships, and said the "games would be easy". Him being indignant at this attention is quite ridiculous.

He's right. None of those cheering his loss will have their lives changed in any significant way. But appreciating the failure of someone who went out of his way to be that cocky and attention-grabbing is a victory for humility and playing the game the right way, not just a Heat loss, as Mr. James would like to think.

It might be a victory for humility but all of the people hating need to find better things to do with their lives. If people put the same energy in positive things as they do in being haters this world would be a lot better.

Master Mind
Man you guys take it too far 99% of the time. What he said was 100% correct. At the end of the day, people go to sleep tonight wake up and continue living the same life they were living yesterday at 8:59 PM. Being happy a player lost shouldn't give you much joy at all. It's all really awkward to me.

It's incredible isn't it. I've honestly never seen hate for a player like this ever!

Sixerlover
Incredibly doubtful.

BigDFan85
06-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Who cares, he's too full of himself to realize how big of a douche he is. Besides, he's just sad the Mavs just whopped his ***.

GottaLoveCubs
It's incredible isn't it. I've honestly never seen hate for a player like this ever!

Everything they've gotten, they've deserved! They brought all this on themselelves!

DaBear
For all the people on here (minus Heat "fans") saying you're not bothered at all by LeBron losing, you're full of ****. The polls during the playoffs and Finals show otherwise.

D1JM
06-13-2011, 01:25 AM
I agree with the above... I think he simply meant that if people use his failures to elevate their life they are in for a rude awakening when they get up tomorrow morning and they still have to go to work basically. Life goes on. Celebrating Lebron's demise does not change a single tangible thing in their lives.

Nice way of putting it. You don't know if he meant to put it one way or the other, so you are going to stick up for him.

Draco
06-13-2011, 01:26 AM

Wait.. who are these people looking for a life altering experience when they watch basketball?

The Final Boss
06-13-2011, 01:26 AM
He sad...

DaBear
06-13-2011, 01:27 AM
And when LeBron had the sniffles on camera, he wasn't making fun of Dirk....:laugh2:

Some of you are amazing.

stlbest5in2013
06-13-2011, 01:27 AM
This is really not necessary. You can say the Mods are being biased all you want by closing these threads, but this is not going to lead to anything good and is a horrible idea.

really?

because lebron choking again is totally relevant to right now. im not saying you, but you know your band wagon heat fans have jump on and mouthed teams and players all year long.

but as soon as its factual to the point of lebron choking again, it can not be touched upon?

if people want to build him up with the media when he has never done a thing, then he is subject to be torn down by other people and the media.

its not a one way street, yet the dumbass fans here think it is, oh and that word dumbass applies for some mods as well, ban me i dont give a ****.

just make sure lebron wears a condom mods when he is balls deep inside you

Sixerlover
06-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Wait.. who are these people looking for a life altering experience when they watch basketball?

??

sharqstealth
06-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Yeah Lechoke is right, and it feels good to hate on him!
Dan Gilbert is the happiest man right now! lol

D1JM
06-13-2011, 01:29 AM

If there was psd back in the 90's Jordan would of been the lebron. The difference is that Jordan would of been hated for destroying people chances of seeing their teams win championships.

GottaLoveCubs
06-13-2011, 01:30 AM
really?

because lebron choking again is totally relevant to right now. im not saying you, but you know your band wagon heat fans have jump on and mouthed teams and players all year long.

but as soon as its factual to the point of lebron choking again, it can not be touched upon?

if people want to build him up with the media when he has never done a thing, then he is subject to be torn down by other people and the media.

its not a one way street, yet the dumbass fans here think it is, oh and that word dumbass applies for some mods as well, ban me i dont give a ****.

just make sure lebron wears a condom mods when he is balls deep inside you

So true. Wonder how many of these threads/posts will still be here in the morning.

DaBear
You can also thank Scottie Pippen for this too!

cutiepie80
Hahaa, he is officially a joke. I don't care how much money he makes, he was put on the biggest platform of sports and showed again he is not clutch. I'm not rich, but his performance and his career thus far is making me happy. Karma *****! F you and I hope you never succeed.

somedude728
06-13-2011, 01:31 AM

I will be. I'm going to sleep amazing tonight knowing that LeBron has to wait another year to try again for a ring :clap:

knicks_champ
06-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Okay he makes my yearly salary in a 1/2 of basketball, yet he doesn't understand that without people caring about him, good or bad that he's basically another uneducated fellow from the hood who doesn't know his father and his mother is messin around.

My life is great, job is great, yet there are alot of people out there who use basketball to forget about their lives by something as stupid as watching him play. Sad that he thinks he's the sole reason he's rich. He's rich because we make him rich, point blank period.

And he acting like he aint got problems, everybody got problems

Money is great and all but when we die we all go in a hole. Live life happy with what you have now.

Draco
06-13-2011, 01:32 AM
??

i'm just as puzzled by lebron's quote... i shouldn't root against lebron because i'll have the same life tomorrow that i have now? wtf?

DaBear
06-13-2011, 01:33 AM
LeBron still has no rings. C'mon, how can you not be happy about that?

LA_Raiders
06-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Lebroom & Bosh from go-to players, to a sidekick and 3rd wheeler...

Thats what they wanted. So enjoy the ride...

Kashmir13579

Neither does celebrating your favorite team winning. Should we not root for our teams?

Draco
well.. if i went to sleep tonight after rooting for lebron i'm still pretty sure i'll wake up tomorrow with the same life i have today. so i think perhaps i'll just root against lebron because he's a huge f'kn douche.

Draco
Neither does celebrating your favorite team winning. Should we not root for our teams?

wow.. so simple, yet so genius.

Kashmir13579
06-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Okay he makes my yearly salary in a 1/2 of basketball, yet he doesn't understand that without people caring about him, good or bad that he's basically another uneducated fellow from the hood who doesn't know his father and his mother is messin around.

My life is great, job is great, yet there are alot of people out there who use basketball to forget about their lives by something as stupid as watching him play. Sad that he thinks he's the sole reason he's rich. He's rich because we make him rich, point blank period.

And he acting like he aint got problems, everybody got problems

Money is great and all but when we die we all go in a hole. Live life happy with what you have now.
Good stuff, man.

cutiepie80
06-13-2011, 01:35 AM
I'm happy as he'll with my life. This piece of trash can act like everything is gravy but no matter how amazing his house is, he just showed the world how overrated he is. I'll take my simple life over the **** he has to deal with.

Kashmir13579
06-13-2011, 01:37 AM
wow.. so simple, yet so genius.

:laugh2:

daleja424

No...root away... just be warned that it doesn't change anything...

the NBA is entertainment... nothing more nothing less...

That is why the hatred is so baffling...

JNA17

exactly. What's the point of entertainment like Sports, Movies, Tv Shows, Video Games, Music, etc than?

daleja424
06-13-2011, 01:38 AM
exactly. What's the point of entertainment like Sports, Movies, Tv Shows, Video Games, Music, etc than?

To entertain... they are suppose to elicit enjoyment...and at times even dislike...

but not HATRED... hatred should be reserved for things that matter

FlashMacker
06-13-2011, 01:39 AM
From this I'm taking that he is saying too many people are worried about whether he fails or not..that his failure isn't going to change our daily lives and maybe we should be more focused on improving that then cheering for another person to fail??

If that is what he meant...then he is speaking some truth...

This

GottaLoveCubs
06-13-2011, 01:40 AM
To entertain... they are suppose to elicit enjoyment...and at times even dislike...

I was completely entertained and fully enjoyed tonight watching him choke once again. :)

JNA17
06-13-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm happy as he'll with my life. This piece of trash can act like everything is gravy but no matter how amazing his house is, he just showed the world how overrated he is. I'll take my simple life over the **** he has to deal with.

And i love my life as well and would not change a thing about it. Now i love it even more because i have witnessed class acts triumph over douchebags.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 01:41 AM

And i was entertained by watching a true team beat a group of individuals and enjoyed every second of it. Just like how i feel when the Batman defeats the Joker in movies, tv shows, etc.

daleja424
06-13-2011, 01:41 AM
I was completely entertained and fully enjoyed tonight watching him choke once again. :)

and that's pathetic... to root for Dallas is one thing... to root against Lebron is another.

Anyone who gets pleasure out of the failings of others needs to think about their life a little bit...and probably make some changes

If watching another man fail at his goal is what makes you feel warm and fuzzy... you need to get a new life...

Bravo95
06-13-2011, 01:42 AM
He's right to an extent, but the more important quote was delivered via tweet by douchebag Dan Gilbert: "There are no shortcuts in life. None."

knicks_champ
06-13-2011, 01:42 AM
Good stuff, man.

Thanks bro.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 01:43 AM

but not HATRED... hatred should be reserved for things that matter

Isn't enjoying watching LeBron losing a form of entertainment?

I think you're taking this way out of proportion. Hatred is a strong word. I don't like LeBron, but I don't hate him. I enjoy watching him fail, but if something catastrophic happened to him, like death or losing one of his family members, I wouldn't be happy about that. LeBron is still an entertainer, whether you like watching him because you like or don't like him, but no one here is wishing death upon him. You people need to relax.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 01:45 AM
and that's pathetic... to root for Dallas is one thing... to root against Lebron is another.

Anyone who gets pleasure out of the failings of others needs to think about their life a little bit...and probably make some changes

If watching another man fail at his goal is what makes you feel warm and fuzzy... you need to get a new life...

And anyone who is mad at other people for enjoying the entertainment of LeBron's failure is a complete moron. Stop comparing entertainment to hatred.

This is almost like saying you need to get a life if you don't root for LeBron.

JNA17

I root against the Chicago Bears all the time. I hate the team and the players on that team. That same thing applies to Red Sox and Yankees fans. Rooting against another player/team to lose is almost as enjoyable as watching your own favorite player/team winning.

GottaLoveCubs

Why would I want a complete douche to succeed at anything in life? He doesn't deserve it! Doesn't deserve a damn thing except everything he's getting now.
So yes, I will root against someone and hope he never reaches that goal.

Draco
06-13-2011, 01:46 AM

not just any other man.. lebron. I wouldn't mind seeing him fail again next year too.:)

Wrigheyes4MVP
I'm sorry but Lebron is a douche.

There I said it.

You can respect his game all you want, but as a person, he comes off as an *******. You can just here it every time he opens his mouth.

I hope he never wins a ring. He'll probably get one eventually, but still, he was bragging before the start of the season that they would win 8...so if he only wins 2 or 3 its still a huge fail for him IMO.

BTW...how dumb does that Miami celebration before the start of the season look now LMAO!!!

daleja424
well then... enjoy the hatred... see how far it gets you in life folks... cheers!

SeoulBeatz
06-13-2011, 01:47 AM
I actually flinched when Lebron said those comments in the post game.

Do you really want to bury yourself even more by covering up your insecurities with snide comments like that? It's pretty obvious that the criticism bothers him or else why would he have to resort to "I'm richer than you and money buys happiness so shut up"

I got a bottle of jack, youjizz.com, and some Jeurgen's Lebron, and I'm havin the time of my life!

U mad?

DaBear
06-13-2011, 01:48 AM
well then... enjoy the hatred... see how far it gets you in life folks... cheers!

Isn't rooting against teams/players apart of sports? Bears/Packers? Red Sox/Yankees?

Why are you people acting like this is something new? Rooting for and rooting against is all apart of sports. You LeBron nut thuggers are bigger babies than Bosh.

MagicBucsSox
His comments meant translated mean: " I'm rich no matter what u call me, 98%of my haters aren't"

Draco

i was counting on my family, education and career to get me farther in life than recreational passtimes like basketball. but thanks for the concern. cheers!

knicks_champ

We hate him in sports..... That's the big difference. We want him to fail in sports! Stop making sports like the real world, it's different.

koLohe2133
06-13-2011, 01:49 AM
I don't have lebrons problems....and am actually glad I don't.

My coworkers don't sleep with my mom.

My competition doesn't sleep with my gf.

And I don't choke at my job.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Isn't enjoying watching LeBron losing a form of entertainment?

I think you're taking this way out of proportion. Hatred is a strong word. I don't like LeBron, but I don't hate him. I enjoy watching him fail, but if something catastrophic happened to him, like death or losing one of his family members, I wouldn't be happy about that. LeBron is still an entertainer, whether you like watching him because you like or don't like him, but no one here is wishing death upon him. You people need to relax.

When Triple H as a entertaining wrestler was a bad guy in WWF, i hated him more than anybody in that industry. But as a person, i thought he was very dedicated, strong, and hard working human being. Also a very funny guy when i met him too :laugh2: .

If i can enjoy Triple H losing his championship title to The Rock or Stone Cold or any other wrestler, i can enjoy Lebron losing yet another shot at a championship in basketball.

DaBear
And just because I'm not a millionaire doesn't mean my life sucks. Sure, I can't have as big of a house or as nice of a car as he does, but I don't really care. I'm just thankful that I have running water, food to eat, a roof to live under, and a job. I got everything I need. I don't need big rims or a big house. I am satisfied.

knicks_champ
His comments meant translated mean: " I'm rich no matter what u call me, 98%of my haters aren't"

But I'm rich in calcium... does that count? :)

MSG34
06-13-2011, 01:51 AM

The point that the hatred is baffling is beyond me.

The guy blatantly disrespected the game. The quote about the championships was absurd. The celebration in the stadium was even worse when they hadn't won **** yet.

He could have went anywhere else but Miami and he wouldn't have been hated as much. Sure, I still would be mad if he were to go to Chicago or somewhere else but I wouldn't have 0 respect for him like I do now.

Joining a "super team", taking the easy way out, and how he has handled himself with the decision and celebration makes it blatantly obvious that he's going to get negative feedback.

Sure, some of it is over the top. But unwarranted? Not at all. He should have realized the situation he was putting himself in.

I honestly wonder if he's going to lose endorsements because so many people hate Lebron now.

TopsyTurvy
I don't have a problem with Lebron saying this though the Heat and NBA PR staffers may. These comments are simply his competitive nature shining through and reflecting his emotional state.

It offers an interesting view into his psyche at this moment and could easily be labeled as poor timing but an honest superstar is better than any false humility.

DaBear
When Triple H as a entertaining wrestler was a bad guy in WWF, i hated him more than anybody in that industry. But as a person, i thought he was very dedicated, strong, and hard working human being. Also a very funny guy when i met him too :laugh2: .

If i can enjoy Triple H losing his championship title to The Rock or Stone Cold or any other wrestler, i can enjoy Lebron losing yet another shot at a championship in basketball.

Exactly.

smokeosama
And i love my life as well and would not change a thing about it. Now i love it even more because i have witnessed class acts triumph over douchebags.

A round of applause is in order for this post: :clap:

LeBron simply showed why he will never mature. He will never be considered one of the top players in league history, nor will he ever be a fan favorite again. Quitting vs Boston, quitting on Cleveland, the Decision, calling 8+ championships, his bs all season, making fun of dirk, then this. He is simply put, a child that will never grow up. I will enjoy my life as I do every day and for LeBron to call into question his critics' happiness, just shows how miserable he truly is.

Tragedy
06-13-2011, 01:52 AM

Not really. Many people can not stand LeBron. His antics on the court and the way he carries himself makes him one of the more disliked sports athletes today. That's the fun thing about sports - We can take pleasure in wins and loses. I take pleasure in the Sox, Bruins, or Patriots winning. I also take pleasure in the Yankees or Jets losing. It's the way of sports. Certain Yankee players, though, I still respect and love - I can't wait for Jeter to reach 3,000 hits. But LeBron? He's proven to not be a guy that I should give respect to because he's such a child. I'm happy he lost, and I hope that trend continues.

tonyd3b54
06-13-2011, 01:53 AM

well hes wrong because for the next year i will be much happier since i dont have to see his ugly face on espn and hear every one suck on his balls...

DaBear
The people here supporting LeBron's comments are very ignorant.

Stuckey#3
:pity: He's just coming off as pathetic now.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 01:56 AM

I will enjoy it. Every second of it :D. Cartman style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

:cheers:

knicks_champ
06-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Lol He's down and he says this. This is the make myself happy card "I'm rich your not hahaha "

Take the L like Bosh did cry.

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 01:58 AM
The people here supporting LeBron's comments are very ignorant.

Just Stop........I'm an opposing fan and I wasn't offended by it (to say the least).

What do you say to the people "who wish for your failure?"

what would you say?

metsbulls1025
06-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Lol He's down and he says this. This is the make myself happy card "I'm rich your not hahaha "

Take the L like Bosh did cry.

What he doesn't realize is he also will wake up tomorrow with the same life. Still no championship.

king james
06-13-2011, 01:59 AM

NO. Just think that u dislike him so much that even if he said hello u would find something wrong in that.

blastmasta26
06-13-2011, 01:59 AM
Although what he's saying is inherently true, it does sound a little arrogant with the way that he said it. However, I don't really care much considering the circumstances.

swirl54
06-13-2011, 02:00 AM
LeBron needs to grow up and do it fast he will never be liked by the masses. I wouldn't be surprised if he never won a title unless he does it the Gary Payton way o wait he already tried.

Young2Kinsler
He's a classless punk. All the money in the world won't buy you respect. I will enjoy the rest of my life knowing my Mavs stopped your plan in it's first year.

Nice "Decision" *******

Young2Kinsler
Double post, but again....suck it Heat

Sandman
06-13-2011, 02:01 AM
I disagree Mr. LeBron. I've already tivo'd mike and mike tomorrow and I plan on watching sportscenter 6 times. **** you and the horse you rode in on.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Just Stop........I'm an opposing fan and I wasn't offended by it (to say the least).

what would you say?

Take a note from MJ or Kobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Wgsyy1gaE

Guys like him will say screw the hate without insulting or laughing at other people especially fans of the game who make them rich in the first place.

Not that hard.

swirl54
06-13-2011, 02:02 AM
NO. Just think that u dislike him so much that even if he said hello u would find something wrong in that.

Wrong i was actually ready to be a LeBron supporter next season I was tired of all the hate thrown his way but again the real LeBron Shady showed up at that presser. He is a HUGE D BAG he reminds me of A Rod how bout you shove your hundreds in your mouth till you can't talk LeBUM

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:03 AM

what would you say?

People's opinions don't bother me. I'm gonna work through it and get better.

Everyone has haters. LeBron isn't the only one.

bosox3431
06-13-2011, 02:04 AM
He's right it won't makemy life better, but it is nice to get a good laugh in when times are tough, and Lebron, you did that for me tonight.

Sandman
06-13-2011, 02:04 AM
***** asked for the spotlight.

knicks_champ
06-13-2011, 02:05 AM

what would you say?

Thank you, I'll prove you wrong.

Sadds The Gr8
06-13-2011, 02:06 AM

welcome to the world of sports. you're mad because people wanted Lebron to lose? lol

jbeezy
06-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Im much happier knowing he doesn't have a ring :)

swirl54
06-13-2011, 02:07 AM
I wish more guests would join this forum do it PLEASE

knicks_champ
06-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Im much happier knowing he doesn't have a ring :)

No no no no...... The WORLD is happier. :)

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:09 AM

Guys like him will say screw the hate without insulting or laughing at other people especially fans of the game who make them rich in the first place.

Not that hard.

Of course. Compare him to Kobe. Who else?

People's opinions don't bother me. I'm gonna work through it and get better.

Gotcha Scout. Too bad you're "supposed" press conference doesn't mean anything cause you're not LeBron James. You're just a Bulls fan and Lost, you are one of those "who wish for his downfall" so.........

Sandman
06-13-2011, 02:11 AM
MJ, duh. He said it right there.

lakersiznumber1
06-13-2011, 02:11 AM
:facepalm: silly lebron,rings R4 KOBE LOL :clap:

swirl54
06-13-2011, 02:12 AM

Gotcha Scout. Too bad you're "supposed" press conference doesn't mean anything cause you're not LeBron James. You're just a Bulls fan and Lost, you are one of those "who wish for his downfall" so.........

Then y the hell did you even ask him and LeBron is just a Heat player and HE LOST

GiantsSwaGG
LeBron is looking more like a Joke and its sad...Just shut and play...then he tweets "God know's it isn't my time yet too win"...So I guess it was J Kidd and Dirk time right?

Shut and play the game, it would of been your time if you didn't act like a kid after Wade hit that 3 in game 2!

MTar786
well, my life will be better after i get paid my thousand dollars for calling mavs in 6
my 250 dollar bet for saying he'll average less than 20 after game 1-the rest of the series and te fact that i can be happy he's still ringless and has proven to everyone for me that he is not the best in the NBA. oh and lastly. he made PSD visitable because had miami won.........................

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:13 AM
MJ, duh. He said it right there.

with a Kobe link, No?

DaBear

Pure ignorance, just like LeBron's comment. If I'm not LeBron James, I don't matter. Yeah, I guess the millions of people who made him a millionaire don't matter. That's what he intended in his comment tonight.

Guess what? I am happy he lost. That was my entertainment. At least I'm not weeping like a ***** like all you Miami fans are right now! :laugh2:

cutiepie80

Lol what a terrible post.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:15 AM
LeBron is looking more like a Joke and its sad...Just shut and play...then he tweets "God know's it isn't my time yet too win"...So I guess it was J Kidd and Dirk time right?

Shut and play the game, it would of been your time if you didn't act like a kid after Wade hit that 3 in game 2!

He turned God into a joke too. Yeah LeBron, God doesn't care about all the wars and starving children. He just cares when the time is right for you.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:16 AM
I love watching the Cavs fans celebrate. What a great night tonight is!

E.O.21
It made me feel better that the quitter still doesn't get what he wants. I count that as a positive in life. I love seeing quitters fail because anyone who wants the easy way out is a coward.

WOW.. u have no life

CityofTreez
Then y the hell did you even ask him and LeBron is just a Heat player and HE LOST

Because I thought he wouldn't say the "Robot" response in this day an age.

You can't compare what he did with what Kobe/MJ would've said because quite frankly it's LeBron James and it's 2011. We're all different.

TopsyTurvy

Not that hard.

Kobe may be the only competitor close to Lebron in terms of era where the media coverage of the sport was even remotely close in terms of accessibility yet even he existed in a different time.

Lest we all forget, Kobe was also castrated by the media and he did react differently -- largely because he slated to go to trial in a sexual assault case, not panned for failing to win a title. In hindsight, his humility could pointed out by any number of pundits (or women) who estimated the value of the ring (~$4M) he bought his wife for the 'press conference' held to apologize (a staged activity).

His Airness' gaffes were routinely covered by threat of media subversion and closing off access to the star. Any pundit who covered the Bulls knows that they couldn't print/publish/or air Jordan's polarizing comments for fear of losing all access to the team and the superstar.

RaiderLakersA's

Agree, I think this is what he was trying to say. However, arrogance coupled with poor speaking skills have started wars throughout history. I can easily see how someone might misconstrue LeBron's words.

And consider the fact that there are some people that lead very fulfilling lives already... who are also taking extreme pleasure in the Heat's loss. For them, this is icing.

swirl54
06-13-2011, 02:17 AM
" no heat didnt "

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:17 AM
WOW.. u have no life

Says the guy who also posts on PSD.

Sadds The Gr8
06-13-2011, 02:18 AM

You can't compare what he did with what Kobe/MJ would've said because quite frankly it's LeBron James and it's 2011. We're all different.

shut up CITYOFTREEZ!

knicks_champ
WOW.. u have no life

Unfair judgement.

mlisica19
I thought maybe this finals loss would motivate James to finally mature as a player and a person but now I see the truth. He is the modern day Allen Iverson, all the skill in the world but no passion or determination or worse... no brains...

He went on national television to broadcast his decision to leave the Cavs to go to a summer home he could have 24/7. He made this decision and told the public before talking to his club or his owner.

He chose a team that JUST signed a top 10 forward and resigning its best and leagues top 5 player.

He parties like a rockstar with his 2 other teammates/friends at a concert stating they are going to win MULTIPLE (actually 7) championships before they even play one game together, A week after signing!!!!!

He misses playing with the USA team so he could have more time getting his name bigger. (dont dare talk about Wade or Kobe missing the championships... they both were hurt)

He blames his coach when they are on a losing streak. He plays to much, he complains. He plays not enough, he complains again.

Now this... Are you serious? We have to go back to our "average lives" while you act like the Finals you just lost is just like ANY other game and you get to be YOu tomorow morning. WHy because you have the money? you have the fame? You have the talent?

Your a nobody as far as I am concerned, a waste of talent.

Within years your name will go down with the likes of Allen Iverson and others whose talents were not enough to make them succeed on the big level... where your forgotten.

Do you know how a real legends and champions and players should act? When asked what Dirks teammates felt about the mocking of Dirks sickness that Wade and James had done they replied... No Comment, Dirk Nowitzki told us not to talk about it, an dthat it was for Dirk to talk about not them. Honorable and respectable.

Summary of LeBron James...

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Pure ignorance, just like LeBron's comment. If I'm not LeBron James, I don't matter. Yeah, I guess the millions of people who made him a millionaire don't matter. That's what he intended in his comment tonight.

Guess what? I am happy he lost. That was my entertainment. At least I'm not weeping like a ***** like all you Miami fans are right now! :laugh2:

You should read more, I'm a Sac Kings fan.

Who cares though right? You know what he intended to say, you read minds and are a Bulls fan. You Lost, and you deserve a better explanation on what he thinks of "people like you" who have endured a whole lot because LeBron James.

E.O.21
06-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Says the guy who also posts on PSD.

Weak comeback... dont let some guy control ur life like that

Lakersfan2483
06-13-2011, 02:20 AM
I am not even a fan of Lebron, but I just cannot believe the amount of hate this guy gets directed towards him. At the end of the day, it is just a game. People have to keep that in perspective when talking about the guy. The hate he receives is unjustified.

MaxPain69
06-13-2011, 02:21 AM
is it sad that cleveland fans celebrated lebron's loss?

DaBear

wtf?

JNA17

I also said MJ. And yes i also said Kobe, which happens to be a player i admire. So what? How does me liking Kobe change anything?

And he's just a sports athlete that just happened to have lost another shot at a title. Is he avoided of all scrutiny and criticisms because he's rich?

TylerSL
06-13-2011, 02:22 AM
hes right. Look everybody got what they wanted. They got to see Miami lose. At the end of the day tho, what does it change with your life (unless your a Mavs fan). It doesnt, if anything it gives you pleasure seeing somebody else fail........

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:23 AM
Weak comeback... dont let some guy control ur life like that

LeBron doesn't control my life. I just said it's a form of entertainment. Whether he won or lost doesn't change my life. It just makes me feel good that the loser stays a loser. That's how I was entertained.

That's like saying I shouldn't be happy if my team wins a title because they're controlling my life by controlling my emotions. You being a Red Sox fan I assume would know better when the Yankees lose.

Ace23
06-13-2011, 02:23 AM

Well...rooting for Dallas would entail hoping that LeBron would fail at his goal. So why bother with that middleman business?

Honestly, after having to endure "the Decision", then hearing about the introductory press conference in Miami, then the antics of D-Wade and LeBron this season, and finally watching them mock Dirk after he played with a 102 degree fever, I did hope that LeBron would fail.

Like it or not, LeBron is a role model for far too many kids. His blatantly self-serving attitude, his lack of respect for his peers (as evidenced by the above events), and his lack of respect for the game all run contrary to the manner in which a professional--regardless of industry--should conduct him or herself.

It is for that reason that I wanted LeBron to fail: to serve as an example to the hundreds or thousands of kids that idolize LeBron that conducting yourself in that manner isn't the best way of getting where you want to go.

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:24 AM
I also said MJ. And yes i also said Kobe, which happens to be a player i admire. So what? How does me liking Kobe change anything?

And he's just a sports athlete that just happened to have lost another shot at a title. Is he avoided of all scrutiny and criticizes because he's rich?

I know you admire Kobe. I have nothing against that, but LeBron hasn't accomplished what Kobe Bryant has accomplished, why should he repeat/duplicate what Kobe/MJ says...........

You said MJ, but you also said Kobe Bryant with a Kobe link provided, so that's where I was going.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:24 AM
I am not even a fan of Lebron, but I just cannot believe the amount of hate this guy gets directed towards him. At the end of the day, it is just a game. People have to keep that in perspective when talking about the guy. The hate he receives is unjustified.

I didn't see anyone wish death upon him. I just saw people happy he lost. Relax.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:25 AM
hes right. Look everybody got what they wanted. They got to see Miami lose. At the end of the day tho, what does it change with your life (unless your a Mavs fan). It doesnt, if anything it gives you pleasure seeing somebody else fail........

So he admitted the criticism bothers him...

Sandman
06-13-2011, 02:26 AM

Sure, except its an athletic competition and you guys are trying to pass off "seeing somebody fail" as being poor and not able to feed his family or some crazy garbage. Its sports for crying out loud.

Hell yeah there are a lot of people that wanted to see him lose. It goes with the territory. THE S.O.B. HAS "CHOSEN ONE" tatooed on himself. He was arrogant, he demanded the spot light, said he was going to win 7 (!) times, and he failed.

swirl54
06-13-2011, 02:26 AM
Well...rooting for Dallas would entail hoping that LeBron would fail at his goal. So why bother with that middleman business?

Honestly, after having to endure "the Decision", then hearing about the introductory press conference in Miami, then the antics of D-Wade and LeBron this season, and finally watching them mock Dirk after he played with a 102 degree fever, I did hope that LeBron would fail.

Like it or not, LeBron is a role model for far too many kids. His blatantly self-serving attitude, his lack of respect for his peers (as evidenced by the above events), and his lack of respect for the game all run contrary to the manner in which a professional--regardless of industry--should conduct him or herself.

It is for that reason that I wanted LeBron to fail: to serve as an example to the hundreds or thousands of kids that idolize LeBron that conducting yourself in that manner isn't the best way of getting where you want to go.

So true.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 02:27 AM

The whole world, the United States especially, got pleasure from osama bin laden's death. Is that wrong? (can't wait to hear a response like "oh so your saying Lebron is osama?" :facepalm:)

I enjoy the defeat of players or people i don't like. I also enjoy the victory of people that i do like. You would be a liar if you did not ever feel the same way about another team or player.

swirl54
06-13-2011, 02:28 AM
I can't believe the LeBron lovers don't see what an a55 he is. He won't take over in the big games because he is more worried about his image than winning he is scared to fail.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:28 AM
And as a Bears fan, I have to deal with people insulting Cutler for his demeanor and what not during football season. I don't cry about it. Suck it up, LeBron asked for it.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:29 AM
I know you admire Kobe. I have nothing against that, but LeBron hasn't accomplished what Kobe Bryant has accomplished, why should he repeat/duplicate what Kobe/MJ says...........

You said MJ, but you also said Kobe Bryant with a Kobe link provided, so that's where I was going.

Marino never won a ring, but I never saw him conduct himself as an *******. Hmm....

John Walls Era
06-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Hes right.

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:33 AM
LeBron doesn't control my life. I just said it's a form of entertainment. Whether he won or lost doesn't change my life. It just makes me feel good that the loser stays a loser. That's how I was entertained.

That's like saying I shouldn't be happy if my team wins a title because they're controlling my life by controlling my emotions. You being a Red Sox fan I assume would know better when the Yankees lose.

Point taken. You watch a "loser" lose. You were entertained, but controlled at the same Time (all 6 of those games). You're baseball comparison makes no sense at all, since you're team doesn't share the same division.

Marino never won a ring, but I never saw him conduct himself as an *******. Hmm....

You're right, Jim Kelly would've never said what LeBron stated.

JNA17

He should take a "note". I believe that's what i have said. That's what the great players of today too. In fact, that's what great people in general do. They learn from others. I used Kobe as an example because of not only what he has said but from how he learned to be as great as he is. I don't care if he's the greatest player in history or not. I just care about his game and how he got to where he is today and when i think about it, i think it was incredible and definitly a person that i feel i can look up too if i ever wanted to become a basketball player. I don't believe Lebron is that person, especially the kind of person that would learn from his mistakes from the greats.

I could have posted a link about Larry Bird and my point would still stand.

hans dolo
All i know is that i felt awfully poor after listening to Lebron's smug conference.

- so mission accomplished Lebron.....u bastahd.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Point taken. You watch a "loser" lose. You were entertained, but controlled at the same Time (all 6 of those games). You're baseball comparison makes no sense at all, since you're team doesn't share the same division.

It makes sense if you know how to read. The comment wasn't directed at you anyway. It was at the Boston fan.

Yeah sure, I was controlled. Just like you were controlled by ESPN to believe the LeBron hype. Go figure..

You're right, Jim Kelly would've never said what LeBron stated.

Again, showing your lack of reading skills. :facepalm:

Ace23
06-13-2011, 02:35 AM

LeBron (and not just LeBron) seems to have forgotten that NBA players are professionals first and athletes second. The way they conduct themselves on and off the court has far greater implications than the number of points they score or rebounds they collect. There is a responsibility there, the same responsibility that all professionals have, to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. LeBron is the most visible example (right now) of an athlete who has failed to do that.

SACNYY
06-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Lebron is a *****

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:39 AM
LeBron (and not just LeBron) seems to have forgotten that NBA players are professionals first and athletes second. The way they conduct themselves on and off the court has far greater implications than the number of points they score or rebounds they collect. There is a responsibility there, the same responsibility that all professionals have, to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. LeBron is the most visible example (right now) of an athlete who has failed to do that.

He just doesn't know how to talk to the media. Some people like his honesty, but it doesn't do any good for him when his comments imply he's a dooshbag. Mark Cuban is a dooshbag too. I'll admit, I laughed at his Mavs fans **** on Heat fans comment because I can't stand Heat fans, but Cuban is still a dooshbag.

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:40 AM
He should take a "note". I believe that's what i have said. That's what the great players of today too. In fact, that's what great people in general do. They learn from others. I used Kobe as an example because of not only what he has said but from how he learned to be as great as he is. I don't care if he's the greatest player in history or not. I just care about his game and how he got to where he is today and when i think about it, i think it was incredible and definitly a person that i feel i can look up too if i ever wanted to become a basketball player. I don't believe Lebron is that person, especially the kind of person that would learn from his mistakes from the greats.

I could have posted a link about Larry Bird and my point would still stand.

take a "note"? from who, people of the past who have won, and were never put on the same kind of pedestal that LeBron has been given? You cannot even deny how bad the scrutiny has been aimed towards LeBron since the move......

Yes, he owes a bit to the fans that watch the NBA, but in the end, he owes everything to the Heat fans. He said exactly what you would want to hear "if you were a Miami Heat" fan, which you aren't. Battle back and disregard any negativity/scrutiny from the millions who "wish to see you fail" and be even better!

towlsmoke420
06-13-2011, 02:40 AM
I will wake up tmrw with the same problems

BUT

Lebron will wake up with no championship trophy

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Again, showing your lack of reading skills. :facepalm:

You're the one who brought baseball and football into the discussion. Stop.

swirl54
06-13-2011, 02:42 AM
I will say without a doubt that Chalmers showed more heart and willingness to take over tonight than "king" james did

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:42 AM
You're the one who brought baseball and football into the discussion. Stop.

If you actually read the comment, it had relevance to the discussion. I'm not surprised you're trying to twist what I said though. You've embarrassed yourself thus far.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 02:44 AM
How is rooting against a basketball player any different from rooting against a football player or baseball team? Seriously, your logic is astonishing.

Ace23
06-13-2011, 02:44 AM
He just doesn't know how to talk to the media. Some people like his honesty, but it doesn't do any good for him when his comments imply he's a dooshbag. Mark Cuban is a dooshbag too. I'll admit, I laughed at his Mavs fans **** on Heat fans comment because I can't stand Heat fans, but Cuban is still a dooshbag.

But notice the difference between how Cuban conducts himself and how LeBron conducts himself. Cuban is a lot of things, but he always goes out of his way to try and set a positive example. Just one example: for every time Cuban is fined, he donates an equal dollar amount to charity--sure, $500k is chump change to him, but the point still stands. Another example: when Cuban made a comment about a ref not being able to manage a DQ restaurant, he first apologized, and then actually went and worked at one for a day for free.

Its alright if you make mistakes in the heat of the moment. Its what you do after the mistake is made that defines who you are. And it is in that second part that the difference between LeBron and Cuban emerges.

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:45 AM
If you actually read the comment, it had relevance to the discussion. I'm not surprised you're trying to twist what I said though. You've embarrassed yourself thus far.

You admitted to being entertained by watching another human-being "fail".

Cubs420
06-13-2011, 02:45 AM
Screw Lebron, I dont care what he meant in this statement, he is still a dickweed...I hope he never wins a ring....

Never had a problem with him until this year... between the whole "decision" ********, the Boston celebration and dissing Dirk for no reason, I can honestly say hes a true blue douche bag....

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:46 AM
How is rooting against a basketball player any different from rooting against a football player or baseball team? Seriously, your logic is astonishing.

Because they are different sports..........

You mentioned Dan Marino in a LeBron James Thread, what were you thinking?

btw, you may be too young, but Jim Kelly went to 3+ Super Bowls and Lost everyone. That was my point.....

bosox3431
06-13-2011, 02:47 AM
Lebron, Reggie says hi

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa258/thefreshprince101/Sports%20Pictures/miller_choke-1.jpg?t=1242008350

DaBear
But notice the difference between how Cuban conducts himself and how LeBron conducts himself. Cuban is a lot of things, but he always goes out of his way to try and set a positive example. Just one example: for every time Cuban is fined, he donates an equal dollar amount to charity--sure, $500k is chump change to him, but the point still stands. Another example: when Cuban made a comment about a ref not being able to manage a DQ restaurant, he first apologized, and then actually went and worked at one for a day for free.

Its alright if you make mistakes in the heat of the moment. Its what you do after the mistake is made that defines who you are. And it is in that second part that the difference between LeBron and Cuban emerges.

Good point. LeBron is too ignorant and full of himself to learn from his mistakes.

Kashmir13579

Well i guess it depends on your definition of hate. Do most of us want Lebron to die? of course not. We just really - really dislike him. and thats OK. he deserves it.

should we not "hate" the villains in movies? That is entertainment as well.

I don't really see how you could back up Lebron's poor choice of words here. There is two ends of the spectrum; blind hate and blind endorsement.

P.S you don't have to warn me that rooting for my team changes nothing tangible in my life. I think that goes without saying and is far beside the point.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 02:48 AM
take a "note"? from who, people of the past who have won, and were never put on the same kind of pedestal that LeBron has been given? You cannot even deny how bad the scrutiny has been aimed towards LeBron since the move......

Yes, he owes a bit to the fans that watch the NBA, but in the end, he owes everything to the Heat fans. He said exactly what you would want to hear "if you were a Miami Heat" fan, which you aren't. Battle back and disregard any negativity/scrutiny from the millions who "wish to see you fail" and be even better!

Lot of great players have been put in the same position. Some not as bad as Lebron but that is Lebron putting himself in that position. You should have heard what people have said about MJ before he won anything and what people said about Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. Hell, again, even....Kobe ;).

He also said exactly what the Cavs wanted to hear when he was apart of that organization. "My goal for Cleveland is to win a championship and i won't stop till i get it". He says a lot of things that his fans want to hear. Except even those fans still would rather SEE him win then talk about it. I agree, disregard the people who say you can't do something, but don't talk and rat back at them if you can't back it up. Which as we all know already, he has not done so.

DaBear
Because they are different sports..........

You mentioned Dan Marino in a LeBron James Thread, what were you thinking?

Why does it matter if they are different sports? Dan Marino is a very talented player who never won a ring, but he didn't act like a ***** about it. That's my point. You really can't be that empty up there.

To make it easier for you, Reggie Miller. Happy?

Ace23
Good point. LeBron is too ignorant and full of himself to learn from his mistakes.

And that is one of the many reasons why he's the most hated king without a ring.

TylerSL
06-13-2011, 02:49 AM
The whole world, the United States especially, got pleasure from osama bin laden's death. Is that wrong? (can't wait to hear a response like "oh so your saying Lebron is osama?" :facepalm:)

I enjoy the defeat of players or people i don't like. I also enjoy the victory of people that i do like. You would be a liar if you did not ever feel the same way about another team or player.

I do :facepalm: you for even making the comparision. Osama kill 4000 people while Lebron is a basketball player. PSD-Where comparing a basketball player to terrorists happens. :pity:

SACNYY
06-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Lebron is a punkass immature *****. Lebron is 26, he looks 46, and acts 16.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 02:50 AM

Because they think rooting against a player is as worse as wishing death upon them. Which is ridiculous.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 02:52 AM
I do :facepalm: you for even making the comparision. Osama kill 4000 people while Lebron is a basketball player. PSD-Where comparing a basketball player to terrorists happens" :pity:

Wow how did you manage to fall for that one? :facepalm:

CityofTreez
06-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Why does it matter if they are different sports? Dan Marino is a very talented player who never won a ring, but he didn't act like a ***** about it. That's my point. You really can't be that empty up there.

That's what I'm getting at?

How can you even compare what Dan Marino said 20 years ago to what LeBron James stated tonight.

What? Being humble and have gratitude for losing in the Finals AGAIN, and incorporate Dan Marino (because he played in Miami, for the Dolphins?)

Kashmir13579
06-13-2011, 02:53 AM

LMAO. As long as Lebron still doesn't have a ring i think most of us are fine with your attempt at taking the high road.

I wonder if you being a Heat fan has anything to do with your failure to relate with 99% of the fanbase.

swirl54
06-13-2011, 02:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4j4v4jtaA

I couldn't have said it any better Mr.Cuban

lamar2006
06-13-2011, 02:55 AM
hey Lequeen it might be true but guess what those same people who will have the same problems will have one thing you also dont have. A NBA TITLE.

GiantsSwaGG

:facepalm:Cheers:facepalm:

TylerSL
Lebron is a punkass immature *****. Lebron is 26, he looks 46, and acts 16.

:facepalm:

Lebron looks 46?????
http://www.nbaclubs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/lebron-james-heat-1280x800.jpg

towlsmoke420

I wish he was my friend

DaBear
That's what I'm getting at?

How can you even compare what Dan Marino said 20 years ago to what LeBron James stated tonight.

What? Being humble and have gratitude for losing in the Finals AGAIN, and incorporate Dan Marino (because he played in Miami, for the Dolphins?)

Why the **** does it matter when it was said? There were press conferences held back then to.

And there is nothing humble about making fun of another players illness while your team is losing the series. That's the definition of a sore loser.

BTW, Dan Marino playing for a Miami team has nothing to do with what I said. I didn't even say anything bad about Marino anyway. Go to sleep man you can't even comeback with a logical argument.

towlsmoke420
06-13-2011, 02:56 AM

:cheers::cheers::cheers::hi5::hi5::hi5:

TylerSL
06-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Wow how did you manage to fall for that one? :facepalm:

I dont truley think you believe that Lebron is as bad as Osama, but to even bring up Osama when talking about Lebron deserves a :facepalm:

Doogolas
06-13-2011, 02:59 AM
Not actually true. If those people wake up and they got to see him lose, they're in a better mood. Thus, their life is, in fact, better.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 02:59 AM
:facepalm:

Lebron looks 46?????
http://www.nbaclubs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/lebron-james-heat-1280x800.jpg

He was definitly wrong about that. It's Greg Oden that looks 50.

http://www.gregoden.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/greg-oden-face.jpg

DaBear
06-13-2011, 03:00 AM
I dont truley think you believe that Lebron is as bad as Osama, but to even bring up Osama when talking about Lebron deserves a :facepalm:

Yeah, it's almost as bad as LeBron fans thinking our lives depend on LeBron's failures. Kinda like what LeBron intended in his comments.

JNA17
06-13-2011, 03:01 AM
I dont truley think you believe that Lebron is as bad as Osama,

wow...just...wow (http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/128366815449780000WowJustWow.jpg)

Korman12
06-13-2011, 03:03 AM
Honestly, nah. I heard it as, "I know people hate me, but this isn't going to change anything."

Ace23
06-13-2011, 03:04 AM

Cuban = the man.

Congratulations to him and the Mavericks. The only video better than this one would be of what was going through David Stern's head when he realized he'd have to present the NBA championship to Cuban...

DaBear
06-13-2011, 03:10 AM
There was nothing honest about LeBron's comment. If he was honest, he would of told everyone that he is bothered by the criticism and pressure, and it showed in his childish acts on Dirks illness, as well as playing like **** when things get tough. All he showed was that he is an immature dooshbag who thinks he ***** on everyone because he is good at basketball and has a lot of money. Guess what LeBron? You won't have that forever. Everyone has a sad ending. You're human, just like we all are.

gbrl
06-13-2011, 03:12 AM
hey Lequeen it might be true but guess what those same people who will have the same problems will have one thing you also dont have. A NBA TITLE.

?

CountSackula
06-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Here's the actual quote.

Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.
They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point.

stawka
06-13-2011, 03:22 AM
PSD is full of haters, this is getting real old man - let it go Bulls fans

DaBear
06-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Here's the actual quote.

I'm still amazed at how some people can't see the arrogance in his comment.

DaBear
06-13-2011, 03:44 AM
PSD is full of haters, this is getting real old man - let it go Bulls fans

Yeah it's just Bulls fans who are happy to see LeBron fail. Nevermind Cavs, Celtics, Lakers or any other fans who can't stand bandwagon fans and a dooshbag player.

Congrats on your Eastern Conference championship if that makes you feel better. LOL!

FaM0us Skins
06-13-2011, 03:51 AM
wow lbj is a douche. what an ignorant comment by him. i dislike the heat even more now

Voodoo Alchemy
06-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Don't put words in his mouth..he didn't mention money at all.

It's true though...and it puts things into perspective. It's just a game, and no matter who wins or loses it's nothing more than that.

it's always been just a game for entertainment. it doesn't define who you are as a person if your team wins or loses. dallas fans has an excuse to get faded tonight and call in sick tomorrow lol.

Storch
06-13-2011, 05:04 AM
Lebron playing the victim card now huh? Cry me a river you sad puppy. You swore 8 rings before you guys even played together, what a douche. Don't play the victim card like you're the one that everyones picking on. You wanted the attention and you got it buddy. Just like what Kobe told Pau, everyone will praise you when your team is winning, but you better be ready for the heat when you're losing.

Moral of the story? Don't be cocky then pretend like you're a victim when you have nothing to be cocky about anymore. Plain and simple. Be a man and stfu.

stawka
06-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Yeah it's just Bulls fans who are happy to see LeBron fail. Nevermind Cavs, Celtics, Lakers or any other fans who can't stand bandwagon fans and a dooshbag player.

Congrats on your Eastern Conference championship if that makes you feel better. LOL!

I haven't started on Lakers fans for about 2 years now. I was the harshest critic on the Lakers, I hate Kobe and I hated their fanbase (especially on PSD). But for the last 2-3 years, the Laker fans (not Kobe fans) on PSD have STFU and have improved their posts for the most part, maybe it was getting back to their winning ways but I don't know.

Cavs fans? There are only a handful of Cavs fans on PSD, and rightfully so, they are the only ones who chould/should be upset with LeBron. None of this "Oh I'm a sheep and a follower, so I'll hate LeBron too so I can fit in well" clowns such as yourself

Celtics fans are not 5% as bad as you guys are, believe me on that.

And finally, I'm not a Heat fan. I wanted Boston to win because I'm a Shaq fan and I wanted him to win another one, and if he didn't I wanted LeBron to win... Mainly to shut you guys up. The hate is ridiculous, you have very little reason to hate on someone.... What, because he changed teams LMFAO.

I'm pretty sure if D-Wade or LeBron took their talents to your team, you would be all over his nuts like you are with Rose, who is half of player of either of the two.

Thanks, and goodnight

hyb152
06-13-2011, 05:43 AM
lol that sig is jokes.

but i agree with the op. Lebron is a douche lord

and youre a virgin from what I hear around psd nowadays

Antipod
06-13-2011, 05:58 AM
DAMN !!!
This forum is all about Lebron sucking ant not about Dallas winning their 1st title in history...
That`s sad x/

Tom Stone
06-13-2011, 06:05 AM
I'm still amazed at how some people can't see the arrogance in his comment.

It's funny man, It is hard to believe that people aren't getting, how rude that was of lebron, to basically say I'm rich your not, is so pathic.....We hate Lebron for legitimate reasons, The decision, ruining Cleavland chance to sign anyone and throw there season away, you take 20 mill off a team and they couldn't replace anyone, by the time of the decision.....lebron should understand the hate and accept it because of what he did....he acts like it's personal......No lebron your actions warrant the hate....and when you see him make comments like this, it justifies why we hate him...All the money in the world, can't make you classy.

jiggin
06-13-2011, 06:50 AM
the point is...if you are classy, you don't make comments like this.

But time and time again he proves that he is immature and not capable of being a professional, especially in the face of the media. He makes bad choices, says stupid things and doesn't think before he says/does these things.

He apparently has not surrounded himself with people (family and employees) that have enough balls to stand up to him, or are just along for the ride and could care very little about any and all damage he is and has done to his legacy. Most Celebrities...this is a key part of their lives, having someone "coach" them on what to say/do ect... in order to remain PC in the eyes of their judges and jury, the fans and haters.

What he needs is a nice hard slap across the face to wake him up from his "dream" world and then a nice revamping of his public image STARTING not with commercials and endorsements or media angles...but with his attitude and body language training...got to start with the basics and this kid.

jiggin
06-13-2011, 06:55 AM
PS - this says a lot about his mindset. He shouldn't be talking about other people and how they have to wake up tomorrow and go to the same crappy job ect...

...he should be telling that reporter that he doesn't know or care about what others say or think, he is just upset that his season is over and that they weren't able to get it done.

All he has to do is not feed into the question, which is what 99.9% of the rest of the league and professional athletes do when they get asked stupid crap from reporters (it happens constantly)...

..but he can't seem to do that. Its almost like he needs to be prescribed Citalopram or something to help him focus a little better and think before he speaks.

ldawg
06-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Don't let this high school educated dude out smart you. He knows what he wanted to say. We pay his bills how can he not care what fans think with their little broke lives.

akagiredsuns
06-13-2011, 07:49 AM
He's basically saying their life isnt going to be affected and his life is obviously better. Which it is , afterall, hes an athlete with fame and money and can probably do alot more than many of us can. Why hate on him? People will gloat. Kevin garnett is worse.

At least KG got his. :D So he has a right to gloat. Quit trying to bait someone. :facepalm:

sventhedog
06-13-2011, 07:55 AM

you're clearly a fan who can't see the point. i bet if lebron farts, you would gladly inhale it thinking it's good for the lungs.

what a classless sore loser lebron is.

it's not overreacting, i understand haters imagine all sorts of things. but what else does he mean by that statement? isn't it obvious that he's so fed up with all his critics, but when he can't win, the most he can do is take a parting shot at them.

only someone as dumb as lebron would not get that.

jockrider
06-13-2011, 08:02 AM
to be fair on bron he never said he was MJ when asked he even said he wasn't even close.

Hiphopopotamus
06-13-2011, 08:02 AM
LBJ was just showing his true colors again....the Decision, this season, the last press conference.....high talent, low class.

Big Zo
06-13-2011, 08:05 AM
you're clearly a fan who can't see the point. i bet if lebron farts, you would gladly inhale it thinking it's good for the lungs.

And if he donated all his money to charity or saved someone's life, you'd still call him a douchebag.

jockrider
06-13-2011, 08:06 AM
and youre a virgin from what I hear around psd nowadays

calling someone a virgin over the internet real thug right hurr!

jiggin
06-13-2011, 08:08 AM
And if he donated all his money to charity or saved someone's life, you'd still call him a douchebag.

it takes more than one event to make a douchebag, and even more to undo that reputation....

NYKjayBalla
06-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Its not the what he was trying to say its how he said it he coulda simply said life goes on but instead he chose to put the focus on everyone else in a childish way and say that this changes nothing for them. If he had won he wouldnt be saying that he would be saying how he did what he said he was gonna do and proved those people wrong so if he wants to talk about things not changing he should keep his comments on himself and not make blanket offensive statements nobody is reading too much into it by being offended because thats what he said anyone who is trying to explain it so it doesnt sound offensive is reading too much into it because what your saying he meant is NOT what he said.

HesterTrain
06-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Sorry Lebron, but I never put my everyday life ahead of you anyway. I was just rooting for you too lose and you did. Yes you have millions of dollars and can pay your way through life. All in all you're just a high-school educated athlete that is just here for my entertainment. At least more then half of us know what a hard days work is.