PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the top 5 NBA teams going into next season?

LTBaByyy
06-13-2011, 12:15 AM
1) Mavs- won championship
2) Heat
3) Bulls
4) Thunder
5) Lakers (I see a big trade coming)

Ebbs
06-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Early but pre offseason

Mavs
Heat
Thunder
Bulls
Grizz

MFFL==FML
06-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Mavs

Lakers
Heat
Bulls

LA_Raiders
06-13-2011, 12:21 AM
1-Mavs (Only Because they are the Champs)
2-Lakers
3-Chicago
4-Heat (Only Because they are the Chumps)
5-Thunder

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Lakers
Spurs (they'll be back!)

Cano4prez
06-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Laker
Thunder

jmcelligott92
06-13-2011, 12:24 AM
i agree with marlinsfan

blastmasta26
06-13-2011, 12:45 AM
2) Heat
3) Bulls
4) Thunder
I agree. Even if the Lakers don't have a big trade, I think they will be motivated.

lilojmayo
06-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Grizzlies should be in the conversation. For crying out loud we didn't even have Rudy Gay

MacFitz92
06-13-2011, 12:51 AM
At this time last year, you would've been a fool to put Miami in the top 5. Then LeBron and Bosh moved to South Beach.

Dallas should be #1 regardless because they are the champs, assuming they don't blow everything up. However, they might even be players for Dwight or Deron, so :shrug:

We'll have to see what goes on this offseason.

kArSoN RyDaH
06-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Lakers
Mavs
Bulls
Miami
Thunder/NY

soonabooma
06-13-2011, 01:36 AM
In no particular order

Dallas-they're still the deepest team in the league and they'll be hungry again after getting over the hump.

LA-they're definitely still good enough to win it all, it will all come down to how the players respond to having a new coach.

Miami-with 3 all-star caliber players, you can surround them with any 10 dildos and be good, team chemistry will improve and they'll be in the hunt.

Chicago-they're just getting started, they've got a heck of a group and they'll only get better, when they're in the zone, they're damn tough to beat.

OKC-like the Bulls, the Thunder are young and dangerous, teams this young don't make these kind of strides this fast, it means this team will be a force to be reckoned with for a very long time.

These will probably be the top 5 teams, but there will be plenty of other good ones. I definitely like what Memphis is doing, they're making some strides and they've got a ton of talent. Boston and San Antonio are still very good, but they might not be built to win it all anymore. Only time will tell. Next season should be good.

cutiepie80
06-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Derrick Rose is 22, I have a feeling the bulls might win one in the next couple of years when they add a Smith, Mayo, Ellis.

Only reason they lost this year is because they did not have a sg who could score. You live and you learn and even their own gm said they would have beat Miami if they ha a sg who could score.

None the less, giving props to the finals teams

Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Lakers
Thunder

shep33
06-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Heat
Lakers
Mavs
Thunder
Bulls

Bruno
06-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Thunder
Lakers

MTar786
06-13-2011, 02:25 AM
honestly with the fall of orlando and boston. its seems the lakers,heat and mavs are the only favs going into next season. with boston, chicago, san antonio and OKC being all 2nd tier teams. IMO atleast

IndiansFan337
06-13-2011, 02:31 AM
1. Heat
2. LAL
3. Thunder
4. Celtics
5. Bulls

The Mavs had an amazing season, have some great players, but a lot of their key guys and guys that stepped up and led to this championship will not do the same thing next year. Guys like Cardinal, Manhimi, Stevenson hit huge shots tonight in the clinching game. I don't believe enough in those guys to predict a Dallas repeat next year. I know they could have Butler back next season, assuming he re-ups. But I still don't think they'll even be the favorites out West in 2012.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-13-2011, 02:49 AM
I think putting the Mavs in the top 5 depends a lot on who comes back. Barea, Stevenson, Butler and Chandler are all free agents. Do they all come back? And Kidd might be another question mark. He is 38. Does he come back? Maybe he thinks of retiring now that he's won a ring.

RaidersLakers24
06-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Lakers(new defense,fresh faces,better pg, healthier team)
Dallas
Chicago/Knicks/heat(those 3 In no order)
Grizzles/Boston/Memphis/spurs
Clippers (if they trade for iggy)

Baller1
06-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Heat
Thunder
Bulls
Lakers
Celtics

The youth movement will now take over from here.

Jarvo
06-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Mavs
Heat
Lakers
Bulls
Spurs :clap:

Eagles4Lyfe
06-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Mavs, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Grizzlies

wizardman34
06-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Mavs
heat
lakers
bulls
knicks(cp3 trade made)

Lakerhead4ever
06-13-2011, 08:38 PM
glad to see some honesty from psd

but my top is..

mavs
heat
bulls
lakers
celtics/thunder

LakersA's49ers
06-13-2011, 08:41 PM
no order

lakers
heat
mavs
thunder
bulls

210Don
06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Lakers
Spurs (they'll be back!)

Mavs
Heat
Lakers
Bulls
Spurs :clap:

:clap:

Astronaut
06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Cleveland: 5 championships in the last 6 years, they look to have an even better campaign this year when adding the ghosts of George Mikan and Len Bias.

Seattle: Cellar last year, but many players have flocked to Seattle for their incredible fanbase and beautiful scenery.

Vancouver Raptors: Canada has decided to drop hockey as their sport of choice, switching to basketball, their teams all merged together, to create the superteam. Lead by of course, Chris Bosh, recently acquired from Miami.

Minneapolis: Kobe Bryant, must I say more?

'Soda. (Minnesota): Kaun once again named GM of the year, bottom of the league about 3 years ago.. He continues to add onto the team.

Can't forget about Pittsburgh, they have the potential to be absolutely insane if they get their **** together.

Voodoo Alchemy
06-13-2011, 08:48 PM
2) Heat
3) Bulls
4) Thunder

:facepalm:

1. mavs
2. bulls
3. thunder
4. memphis
5. lakers

Chi StateOfMind
06-13-2011, 08:50 PM
1.) Mavs
2.) Heat
3.) Bulls
4.) Thunder
5.) Lakers/Knicks

210Don
06-13-2011, 08:54 PM
heat should be second they won 2nd place

CountSackula
06-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Heat
Lakers
Bulls
Thunder
Mavs

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Mavs
OKC
Miami
Chicago
Boston/LA

ManRam
06-13-2011, 09:46 PM
:facepalm:

1. mavs
2. bulls
3. thunder
4. memphis
5. lakers

:laugh:

You are something else. You really don't think they'll be a top 5 team? How could they possibly get worse?

No order, because there's too much that can change

Dallas, Miami, OKC, Chicago and LA

marlinsfan24
06-13-2011, 09:53 PM
I think every poster on PSD can agree, if Miami isn't in your top 5, you have issues :D

IndiansFan337
06-13-2011, 11:37 PM
I think putting the Mavs in the top 5 depends a lot on who comes back. Barea, Stevenson, Butler and Chandler are all free agents. Do they all come back? And Kidd might be another question mark. He is 38. Does he come back? Maybe he thinks of retiring now that he's won a ring.

That was exactly what I trying to say without drawing backlash.

They're going to be very good next year, but they will have a lot of questions. And we'll see how those guys perform once they get long term security.

I think they'd be smart to look into a S&T to send Butler out for a younger piece...But I also think Cuban will be afraid to make any big moves since they just won it all. He won't want the fans to think he's rebuilding even though it would probably be better for their future to do something like that. Or maybe they could package Butler with Roddy B for an upgrade and #2/3 scorer to team with Dirk and JET.

TheRunKiller
06-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Chicago
Dallas
OKC
Miami
LAL

BadBoyPistons
06-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Heat
Mavs
Thunder
Bulls
Knicks

pd1dish
06-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Thunder
Lakers

PatsSoxKnicks
06-13-2011, 11:59 PM
1-Mavs (Only Because they are the Champs)
2-Lakers
3-Chicago
4-Heat (Only Because they are the Chumps)
5-Thunder

Didn't the Heat go farther then the Lakers and Bulls? Or do you have a selective memory disorder? (Not to mention the Heat actually won 2 games against the Mavs vs. the 0 that the Lakers won...)

PatsSoxKnicks
06-14-2011, 12:01 AM
I think every poster on PSD can agree, if Miami isn't in your top 5, you obviously can't be objective and your opinion is therefore invalid :D

This works too.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-14-2011, 12:03 AM
I have a question for the majority of PSD (mainly Bulls and Lakers fans): If you guys consider the Heat a failure, then what does that make the Bulls and Lakers who respectively, lost to the Heat and couldn't win a game against the Mavs?

I realize PSD hates the Heat but can't you guys at least try to remain objective? Their team might be a bunch of douches but they're still very good and were the 2nd best team this year (they made the Finals after all.....)

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 12:42 AM
I have a question for the majority of PSD (mainly Bulls and Lakers fans): If you guys consider the Heat a failure, then what does that make the Bulls and Lakers who respectively, lost to the Heat and couldn't win a game against the Mavs?

I realize PSD hates the Heat but can't you guys at least try to remain objective? Their team might be a bunch of douches but they're still very good and were the 2nd best team this year (they made the Finals after all.....)

They're a failure because they're supposed to win 7 rings (according to them). They said themselves if they didn't win this year it would be a failure.

My list, no order

Thunder
Heat
Bulls
Mavs (if they can keep the majority of their team around)
Memphis/LAL

fadedmario
06-14-2011, 12:59 AM
1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Knicks
4. Thunder
5. Clippers/Grizzlies/Mavs

prodigy
06-14-2011, 01:01 AM
cavs
Wolves
76ers
clippers
pacers

RaidersLakers24
06-14-2011, 01:04 AM
1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Knicks
4. Thunder
5. Clippers/Grizzlies/Mavs

No lakers???:facepalm:

People are really overrating the grizz and thunder and Underrating the lakers and knicks

fadedmario
06-14-2011, 01:06 AM

People are really overrating the grizz and thunder and Underrating the lakers and knicks

I predict Clippers > Lakers next year.

THE GIPPER
06-14-2011, 01:11 AM
this is impossible to predict at this point but the lakers haven't had this long of an offseason to rest up/heal in a long time so they could come back with a strong year

lakeshow3peat
06-14-2011, 01:41 AM

I am not going argue the two heat wins in the regular season but that doesnt mean anything . Yes the heat made it to the finals and the lakers did get swept but the min after the got swept i knew the mavs were going to win it all. Plus doing a 3 peat is very difficult everyone seen the lakers play like crap all tired and couldnt pull it together . And as far as failure i say lakers season wasnt a failure at all . The reason why its a failure for the heat is cause they had every one fooled thinking they could just come together and win a title in one season . Lebron is not great as everyone thinks he is good but not great .

Baller1
06-14-2011, 03:17 AM

Both OKC and Memphis looked a lot better than your beloved Lakers this postseason. Then add in the fact that both are young teams, and Memphis was missing one of their best players. Meanwhile, the Lakers are only getting older and are looking a bit shaky heading into the offseason.

Yeah, nice logic.

magic0320
06-14-2011, 03:25 AM
Both OKC and Memphis looked a lot better than your beloved Lakers this postseason. Then add in the fact that both are young teams, and Memphis was missing one of their best players. Meanwhile, the Lakers are only getting older and are looking a bit shaky heading into the offseason.

Yeah, nice logic.

one good year don't make them better next year buddy. look at mavs and how long it took them to win championship this year before getting knocked out 1st round for how many years in a low

so I believe Lakers are better than so called young team

Heat
Mavs
Bulls
Thunder
Lakers

I feel like heat will be even better next year. I hate them, but they are damn good team for sure

stlbest5in2013
06-14-2011, 04:15 AM
in all stupidity with the fall of orlando and boston. its seems the lakers,heat and mavs are the only favs going into next season. with boston, chicago, san antonio and OKC being all 2nd tier teams. IMO atleast

fixed that for you.

the lakers will rebound, but we have no clue what these teams are going to look like because of the certain lockout and changes to come.

to throw a team in the top tier who got swept out of the playoffs, over younger teams that made it to their conference finals is a complete joke.

take off the homer glasses and step into the current reality

NBA-GMaster
06-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Heat- Im sure Pat Riley will find a starter quality center and a good PG for his team..
Bulls- John Paxson will find a SG that could take some of the pressure off Rose..
Mavs- they're the nba champions, expect them to resign Chandler,Barea and Butler..
Lakers- Im expecting them to trade Artest, Blake and Walton for a new starter quality PG plus a Bigman (a blockbuster trade could happen if they trade Gasol)..
Thunder- they dont need to trade their players for a scoring PF, Free Agent market has lots of scoring PF (Resign Jeff Green, David West, Carl Landry or Glen Davis)

PrettyBoyJ
06-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Knicks
Lakers
Mavs
Heat
Bulls

cambovenzi
06-14-2011, 07:31 AM
OMG THE LAKERS LOST ONE WHOLE PLAYOFF SERIES IN 3 YEARS!!! TO THE WORLD CHAMPS!!

They must be finished.

lets start ranking randhat borderline playoff teams over them :rolleyes:

SteBO
06-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Thunder
Lakers(can rise, but I need to see offseason moves)

ChicagoJ
06-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I doubt the mavs are going to repeat as champs. But, they will be contenders. With that said:

Bulls, heat, mavs, thunder, spurs.

By the way, I think the bulls and Heat are 1 injury away from being very mediocre. If Rose or LeBron get injured those teams fall from being a top team.

Baller1
06-14-2011, 03:49 PM
one good year don't make them better next year buddy. look at mavs and how long it took them to win championship this year before getting knocked out 1st round for how many years in a low

so I believe Lakers are better than so called young team

Heat
Mavs
Bulls
Thunder
Lakers

I feel like heat will be even better next year. I hate them, but they are damn good team for sure

You're right... Being swept by the Mavs in the second round means nothing.

jtsunami
06-14-2011, 04:55 PM
I can't wait for dnewguys top 5. I'm gonna guess...

1) Heat
2) Western Conference Team
3) Western Conference Team
4) Western Conference Team
5) Western Conference Team

cambovenzi
06-14-2011, 04:57 PM
You're right... Being swept by the Mavs in the second round means nothing.

You are talking about writing off the team who won the championship the previous two years, (with their core still intact) because of a 4 game sample size against the current champs..

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-14-2011, 05:47 PM
:facepalm: @ the guy who said Dallas are the deepest team in the L

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Mavs
Heat
Lakers
Boston (with a Jeff Green full training camp)
Orlando (will make moves to keep Dwight)

lilojmayo
06-14-2011, 10:58 PM
1. Mavs ( until someone knocks them off)
2. Bulls ( assuming they get Monta Ellis or OJ Mayo)
3. Heat
4. Knicks ( assuming they get Melo some help)
5. Grizzlies ( assuming they don't trade OJ Mayo & Rudy Gay comes back healthy)