PDA

View Full Version : In these Finals Why did you Root For either Team?

xabial
06-12-2011, 11:19 PM
For all you unbiased fans out there what team where you rooting for and why? I was rooting For The Mavericks because honestly after all these years, I thought if the Maverics coulnt win tonight they would never win again in the future simply because Dirk is 32, Terry 33, and Kidd 39. Finally Kidd, and Dirk two future hall of famers can retire without being known as the guys without a "Ring"..

Ace23
06-12-2011, 11:26 PM
I was for Dallas because I think (1) Dirk and Kidd both deserve to be able to retire having won an NBA championship, (2) I thought Miami (specifically James) was classless from "the Decision" onward, and (3) I really wanted to watch Stern have to give the championship trophy to Mark Cuban.

Hawkeye15
06-12-2011, 11:28 PM
could have cared less either way.

unbiasedfanofbb
06-12-2011, 11:30 PM
When I first began watching the series I truely was not rooting for either team. But the arogance of the heat, then the mocking from lebron and wade on, and the outlandish flopping by these same guys in several games just made me turn towards the Dallas Mavericks. I like to see the classy guy, the under dog, the good guy win. I truely dislike loud mouth arrogant people, in any sport, or in real life.

MacFitz92
Flipped a coin and it landed on the Mavericks side.

DMasta718
Mavs. Wanted Kidd and Dirk to get their ring mainly.

llemon
06-12-2011, 11:32 PM
I rooted for Heat because I don't like Kidd nor Cuban.

I rooted for Dallas because I don't like Lebron, Bosh nor Riley.

YoungOne
06-12-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm from germany ;)

Cal827
06-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Didn't really care either way... Dallas has Dirk.... Miami had to deal with the crap threads... mainly that "Good vs. Evil" one by that Bulls homer lol

Draco
06-12-2011, 11:34 PM
i rooted for the heat and lebron because tampering is an admirable business practice and having teams fly in to cleveland to give a presentation for a bogus recruitment effort is just good stuff.

m26555
06-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Dallas. Do I need an explanation?

towlsmoke420
06-12-2011, 11:36 PM
dirk is my favorite pf.

BigBlueCrew
06-12-2011, 11:36 PM
I really hate those "U Mad" gifs and the posters who used them

marlinsfan24
06-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Dallas. Do I need an explanation?

Yes :cool:

cykoraider
06-12-2011, 11:38 PM
At the start of the finals I didn't care much. As the arrogance of the Heat players became more obvious, I turned against them quickly. Hope Lebron NEVER wins a ring

unbiasedfanofbb
06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Heat fans imagine seeing dirk walk out of game 5 limpin and mockin wade laughing with jason terry. How would you feel? Ya this is why the fans who wont rooting for either team starting rooting for dallas.

desertrat218
06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
I was rooting for Dirk to be the first player from my ancestral homeland to lead a team to the NBA Championship! I also was rooting for guys like Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and Shawn Marion.

KniCks4LiFe
06-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Dallas, Dirk just earned my respect in these playoffs. Will never allow another teammate of mine or friend to call him soft again.

whitemamba33
06-12-2011, 11:43 PM
I was going for Miami at the beginning..although they quickly lost my respect for various reasons, both on and off the court.

NYKnicksAllDay
Mavs for two reasons. 1. I've been a Knicks fan since I was little and can remember those Heat-Knicks rivalries of the late 90s so obviously I hate the Heat. 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM&feature=related

Jewelz0376
I didn't really care too much...I just wanted to see good games which I def got

KDM1986
06-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Dallas, Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Chandler, Marion are all I guys I wanted to see win a title. Miami on the other hand is evil so yeah.

Raps26
06-12-2011, 11:45 PM
When I first began watching the series I truely was not rooting for either team. But the arogance of the heat, then the mocking from lebron and wade on, and the outlandish flopping by these same guys in several games just made me turn towards the Dallas Mavericks. I like to see the classy guy, the under dog, the good guy win. I truely dislike loud mouth arrogant people, in any sport, or in real life.

this

DodgerBulls
06-12-2011, 11:46 PM
1. Heat defeated the Bulls, so that's automatic.
2. I wanted Kidd to get a ring so badly.
3. Barkley, LOL.

StriveGreatness
06-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Heat because I wanted to see LeBron get a ring. And I don't really like anyone on the Mavericks besides Dirk.

Mell413
06-12-2011, 11:48 PM
I just wanted the Heat to win so Lebron could have his first ring. He's the best player in the world and fair or unfair he won't get the respect he deserves until he has one. For my basketball world to make sense he has to have a ring. Part of me wants Lebron to win one just so he can stick it to everyone. He gets so much thrown at him some of it because of him I will admit, but I would love for him to give a big FU to everyone once he does win one.

AntiG
06-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki and Mark Cuban. Kidd gave the prime of his career to New Jersey and got to two championships but couldn't win it... I'm so happy that he finally got one and was a vital contributor. Nowitzki is a class act and one of the best ever. Cuban is the most passionate owner in sports. Also have always liked Marion and Chandler, and Barea and Terry have made me a fan throughout these playoffs with their high energy play.

I personally have nothing against the Heat despite being a "rival" Celtics fan... LeBron is my favorite NBA player, Dwyane Wade I've rooted for since his college days, and Powe and House are former Celtics title contributors.

heyman321
06-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Dirk because he is my favourite all-time player. I've supported the Mavs and Dirk since 2002, and everytime someone told me Dirk was a choker I punched him right in the mouth.

asandhu23
06-12-2011, 11:53 PM
1. Jason Kidd. I am a huge Cal Golden Bears fan. He is also from Bay Area. He deserved a ring.

2. Dirk Nowitzki. What a Boss.

3. LeBron being a douche.

4. Miami bandwagon fans being douches.

hugepatsfan
06-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Mavs because Lebron doesn't play for them. I kind of wanted to Kidd to get a ring but Dirk, Terry, Peja, Marion, etc. - couldn't give a damn about them getting thier rings. I guess I'm happy that Dirk can finally get the credit he deserves and shed the loser label, but I didn't really care that much. My rooting priorities are as follows 1.) BOS 2.) anyone but Lebron's team.

RapOZo
06-12-2011, 11:54 PM
im happy for dirk, he has been a maverick all his career and never gave up, fought hard, faced the critics and kept working for it.
i really sympathized for kidd since i was a kid, and even though i like lebron and wade individually, that last year trade was not a nice example of perseverance, they showed desperation for their goal instead of patience, determination and hard work.
plus miami banwagon fans annoyed the crap out of me all season long, so i really enjoyed this championship more than any other championship not won by the lakers.

llemon
06-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Dirk because he is my favourite all-time player. I've supported the Mavs and Dirk since 2002, and everytime someone told me Dirk was a choker I punched him right in the mouth.

I have to believe you are lying.

Penetra8r
06-12-2011, 11:55 PM
I like Gilbert and he said the Cavs would win a championship before Lebron so far, so good

Sixerlover
06-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Lebron has always been my favorite player, so I wanted him to get ring #1. I'm upset he didn't, but I'm also not a Heat fan, so I'm not devastated either.

heyman321
06-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I have to believe you are lying.

Do you know me? My teams are the Raptors and Mavericks. The Raptors haven't gone anywhere for the past 9 years, and won't be for the next 5-10 probably. Plus I love seeing Chris Bosh totally kicked in the gut.

llemon
06-13-2011, 12:01 AM
I just wanted the Heat to win so Lebron could have his first ring. He's the best player in the world and fair or unfair he won't get the respect he deserves until he has one. For my basketball world to make sense he has to have a ring. Part of me wants Lebron to win one just so he can stick it to everyone. He gets so much thrown at him some of it because of him I will admit, but I would love for him to give a big FU to everyone once he does win one.

I believe Lebron just got one of the biggest FU's ever dealt out in the NBA. And it was incredibly well deserved.

phoenix_bladen
06-13-2011, 12:03 AM
I wanted the mavs to win so badly because I wanted dirk and co to win a title I actually wanted them to win in 06 and this is such a bitter sweet ending to the nightmare they had in 06

I'm really a raptor and Knicks fan and for some reason I was so happy to see bosh lose after he ditched Toronto last summer hahahhahahs!!!!

knickfan33
06-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Cause im a knick fan

Caps1989
06-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Flipped a coin and it landed on the Mavericks side.

Mind if i take a look at your coin there?

Il Mago50
06-13-2011, 12:09 AM
The Mavericks for the past 5-6 years have been that hot chick at school that got a rumor spread about her that she's mute and rigid in the bedroom so people shyed away from her.

Dirk, Kidd and Peja have gone through so much: The back to back Finals losses of Kidd to the Lakers/Spurs, Peja exorcising his demons in the Lakers just to get to this point (game 3-4 in Dallas), and Dirk's tough road of criticism and collapse in '06.

This team deserved it because it showed that athleticism and skill aren't everything in basketball. The Mavs had plenty of it too but they had something between their skulls and in their chest that the Heat, save for Wade, didn't have: heart, mental toughness and resiliency.

Also, of course I cheered against the Heat for the b.s. they pulled by forming, won't lie about that either. Who didn't have that spark them a little in the cheering as well?

llemon
06-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Do you know me? My teams are the Raptors and Mavericks. The Raptors haven't gone anywhere for the past 9 years, and won't be for the next 5-10 probably. Plus I love seeing Chris Bosh totally kicked in the gut.

And you've been punching people right in the mouth? I believe that is a lie.