PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd

85BearsDefense
06-11-2011, 08:11 PM
One of my buddies and I are in an argument over how valuable Jason Kidd is to the Dallas Mavericks, I think that without him they would not have made the NBA Finals, he thinks otherwise.

Opinions on how far Dallas would have made it without Jason Kidd?

towlsmoke420
06-11-2011, 08:12 PM
clippers

ManRam
06-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I think he's an important piece, but I'm not sure he's the absolute difference maker. His defense is still top-notch, and that's important. Without that, they'd struggle to win these series.

I don't know. I think they could do it without him with a solid replacement, but it certainly wouldn't be as easy.

llemon
06-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Mavs don't make Finals without Kidd.

This is coming from a Net fan that is no fan of Kidd's.

But Kidd is an important piece of the Mav's chemistry, offensively and defensively.

I've always felt that I know the secret to neutralizing Kidd after his injury, but it doesn't seem that the rest of the NBA has figured it out.

LakersMaster24
06-11-2011, 08:23 PM
The question is, is Beabuois healthy or injured?

Healthy Roddy = Conference Finals (Possibly Finals)
No Roddy = 2nd Round Exit.

You didnt mention who would be the PG if its not Kidd? Maybe Barea would play some PG, but he cant play 48 minutes you know?

towlsmoke420
06-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Honestly Kidd deserves a lot of credit. The Dude is 38 years old and his guarding Dwade and Lebron. He also guarded Kobe

ManRam
06-11-2011, 08:24 PM
He did guard Kobe, but they did sweep the Lakers. Is Kidd really the difference between a sweep and a series loss? I don't think so...but who knows.

He did a great job against Russy, but again, that was a 5 game series. If he's gone, is a 5 game series win turning into a series loss?

I just don't know. It's a great question. I think they get by LA either way. OKC I'm not sure.

They aren't beating Miami without him and his defense and leadership...for sure. He deserves major props. This isn't ring-chasing late in his career. This is him still being a vital piece to a championship worthy team.

Ebbs
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I don't know hard to say you never know. I think he mattered most in the Portland series or the finals. I think we still might be here but hiss defense has been huge every series.

GodsSon
06-11-2011, 08:28 PM
I think that Terry is the second most important piece on their roster after Dirk, but that Kidd does bring a lot of intangibles to the table coupled with consistency and steadiness.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-12-2011, 01:41 AM
No. Absolutely not.

Kidd out, Barea starts which is not good for 34 minutes a game. Roddy cannot play point and we would've signed some spare.

asandhu23
06-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Kidd is a HOF candidate. he is vital to that team. he is also playing with anger because he deserves a ring.

Shareeb_omac2
06-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Without Kidd they wouldn't be in the finals right now. He's hit some huge shots, played defense against primary scorers(and did a great job), comes up with timely steals, and makes smart plays overall. His leadership behind closed doors is also probably one of the most important things he brings to the table. No one else on the Mavs roster would average anywhere close to 7 assists and he's a terrific rebounder for a PG.

So, from a Mavs fan's perspective I would say he is extremely important to this Mavericks team.

Sadds The Gr8
06-12-2011, 01:49 PM
i don't know if they'd be in the finals. he's hit clutch shots, gives great leadership, plays solid defense, and is still good for 5 rebs and 8 assists per game. he's very important to the team.

Dash
06-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I think he's an important piece, but I'm not sure he's the absolute difference maker. His defense is still top-notch, and that's important. Without that, they'd struggle to win these series.

I don't know. I think they could do it without him with a solid replacement, but it certainly wouldn't be as easy.

ManRam think your smart?

Lol but yeah, ManRam pretty much said everything right.

desertrat218
06-12-2011, 02:10 PM
It's nearly impossible to make the NBA Finals without a solid PG. Jason Kidd is a certain Hall of Famer and even at his age he is still very effective. He makes so many subtle plays that don't show up on a stat sheet that it's hard to prove just how valuable he really is.

SportsFanatic10
06-12-2011, 04:08 PM
kidd is pretty valuable. if butler and beabuois are healthy but they don't have kidd i still think they get pretty far but not the finals.

smith&wesson
06-12-2011, 04:15 PM
kidd def has contributed, but i think jj barea is the pg that has caused alot of teams problems in these playoffs.

J4KOP99
06-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Kidd is still so damn good.

He controls the pace of a game like no other guard in the league. Even Nash was never able to find the balance between run on the fast break and slow it down for some half court offense. That balance is extremely important in the playoffs.

Kidd has played almost flawlessly during the finals and is defending LeBron in most situations.

-As for the question, it's very hard to say. Take Kidd off this team and the Mavs could have been the 6th seed(or any other seed)... so you have to take that into consideration. Also, with Kidd, the offense flows almost to perfection... without him, who knows what their offense looks like? Basically, there are way too many factors that you are not considering here.

This playoff run has been a special one for Dallas and I don't believe they would have made it w/o Jason Kidd.

Evolution23
06-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Kidd's leadership is unquestionable and his 3 point shooting has been impressive. For a 38 year old to improve his shot in his later years is almost unheard of.

LA_Raiders
06-12-2011, 04:42 PM
kidd is a big part of the mavs run..

no kidd no finals

llemon
06-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Kidd's leadership is unquestionable and his 3 point shooting has been impressive. For a 38 year old to improve his shot in his later years is almost unheard of.

Kidd improved his 3-point shot because he is now taking a set shot, not a jumpshot.

But he has certainly been a major part of the Mavericks run.

LongWayFromHome
06-12-2011, 06:28 PM
They have had so many close games and so many different guys have come up big at different times. There's a lot of guys on this team that it feels like without one or the other they wouldn't be here. They are really a TEAM (of above avg washed up dudes) with one stud that makes you cry.