PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James Needs a Go-To Move

nimazahir
06-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Does Lebron James Needs a Go-To Move?
I think he has to develop a great post game, what do you guys think?
He looks very uncomfortably out there, i think either he has to be the pippen(more rebounds, better d and assists, but less points) and let wade be the scorer or lebron has to be the main option and let things run through him and get bosh and wade the ball when he is getting doubled.

Sadds The Gr8
06-11-2011, 01:16 PM
his patented 8 step travel/crab dribble isn't good enough?

CB29
06-11-2011, 01:26 PM
he's also improved his acting in the finals this year.

Rivera
06-11-2011, 01:27 PM
he does

he takes the ball to the top of the key....he dribble dribble dribbles and takes a bad shot right before the shot clock ends.....havent you noticed??

lebron also has the crab dribble

blastmasta26
06-11-2011, 01:30 PM
All jokes aside, LeBron's been a great player and dominant without any real go to move. So he doesn't need one per se. However, if he did develop a go to move, he would become unstoppable.

drama1386
06-11-2011, 01:40 PM
if lebron could post up efficiently & effectively, he would be unstoppable. I don't understand why he doesn't use his size and strength to an advantage in the post...

Cano4prez
06-11-2011, 01:42 PM
if lebron could post up efficiently & effectively, he would be unstoppable. I don't understand why he doesn't use his size and strength to an advantage in the post...

He's actually very efficient in the post he just does not do it often

AnalyzeNShoot
06-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Rko

MoBASS
06-11-2011, 01:59 PM
It's disgraceful that he doesn't have a post up game. Jason Kidd is guarding him in the post for ****'s sake.

SportsFanatic10
06-11-2011, 02:18 PM
he has a post up game...he just doesn't like to use it for some reason. it drives me crazy during games when he has a good chance to post up and just faces up and takes a midrange jumper after a few dribbles. anyway if anyone actually cares to check it out heres a part of a really good article all about it.

"James, mechanical though he can appear, has 160 post-up possessions to his name this season, shooting 52.4 percent, drawing a shooting foul 8.8 percent of the time and scoring at least a single point on over half the plays. Better yet, he scores 1.03 points per post-up, which ranks him 19th in the league.

Thatís among all NBA players, not just small forwards or wing players.

For comparisonís sake, Bryant, in an offense built around versatile players who can operate in the post, has 300 post-ups, but he is ranked 39th in the league scoring 0.97 points per possession, while getting to the free-throw line 1.5 percent less. Effectively, for every 100 possessions, James scores six more points than Bryant.

Among other swingmen known for their post-up capabilities, Carmelo Anthony is 51st with .94 PPP in 274 post-ups, Joe Johnson 26th in 202 possessions (1.00 PPP) and Paul Pierce 10th at 1.13 PPP in 120 post-ups."

full thing here but its long and has video too. it shows some of the moves hes been working on.
http://www.nba.com/heat/news/evolution_post_game_110412.html

he always looks awkard with his footwork but he is effective he just needs to get more comfortable doing it and look for his opportunities. he's completely shied away from it in the playoffs which is ridiculous.

SMH!
06-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I thought his stiff arm was his go to move?

210Don
06-11-2011, 02:19 PM
he needs a jumpshot or clutch gene.
both will never happen

Cano4prez
06-11-2011, 02:20 PM
both will never happen

Already has both :)

mp3
06-11-2011, 02:25 PM
i always get a good laugh watching heat fans defend lebron...

210Don
06-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Already has both :)

in the regular season :)

SportsFanatic10
06-11-2011, 02:31 PM

i'll be the first one to say hes playing like garbage and its really disappointing. i'm not defending him at all just pointing out that he has the post up to go to. he just refuses to use it. hes one of the most frusterating players sometimes. i'm not even much of a lebron fan though. actually didn't like him at all before he came to my favourite team. i still like wade wayyyyy more then lebron.

i hate how passive he can be. someone like that should be living at the ft line but he just settles for long jumper after long jumper. and when he doesn't have the ball he just stands around the perimeter doesn't cut or nothing.

Game_Over
06-11-2011, 02:33 PM
He needs to have killer instinct, his game is just fine he just gets scared or nervous when it matters and would prefer someone else take the shot. In the regular season he is just fine??

BcEuAbRsS
06-11-2011, 02:47 PM

The question is will they still defend him if he chokes away game 6? Lebron is the best player in the league and is the sole reason why games 4 and 5 have been lost... this will be the biggest choke job by a team ever... I guess since they already had one championship rally they don't wanna do another one...

Bookey
06-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Lebron has a go to move, called the "Choke at the End of games" lol!!!

Bookey
06-11-2011, 03:00 PM
he has a post up game...he just doesn't like to use it for some reason. it drives me crazy during games when he has a good chance to post up and just faces up and takes a midrange jumper after a few dribbles. anyway if anyone actually cares to check it out heres a part of a really good article all about it.

"James, mechanical though he can appear, has 160 post-up possessions to his name this season, shooting 52.4 percent, drawing a shooting foul 8.8 percent of the time and scoring at least a single point on over half the plays. Better yet, he scores 1.03 points per post-up, which ranks him 19th in the league.

For comparisonís sake, Bryant, in an offense built around versatile players who can operate in the post, has 300 post-ups, but he is ranked 39th in the league scoring 0.97 points per possession, while getting to the free-throw line 1.5 percent less. Effectively, for every 100 possessions, James scores six more points than Bryant.

Among other swingmen known for their post-up capabilities, Carmelo Anthony is 51st with .94 PPP in 274 post-ups, Joe Johnson 26th in 202 possessions (1.00 PPP) and Paul Pierce 10th at 1.13 PPP in 120 post-ups."

full thing here but its long and has video too. it shows some of the moves hes been working on.

he always looks awkard with his footwork but he is effective he just needs to get more comfortable doing it and look for his opportunities. he's completely shied away from it in the playoffs which is ridiculous.

Kobe's post game is far better than Lebron's , so is anybody you named, Lebron dosen't even have a post threat on his team unlike everybody else yo named. :facepalm:

Cano4prez
06-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Kobe's post game is far better than Lebron's , so is anybody you named, Lebron dosen't even have a post threat on his team unlike everybody else yo named. :facepalm:

So stats mean nothing?

Bookey
06-11-2011, 03:06 PM
So stats mean nothing?

No they don't mean a thing, ask Lebron if they do, the only thing that matters is championships!!! Lebron can't even post up Jason Terry or Jason Kidd, come on!!!

omdigga
06-11-2011, 03:07 PM
lebrons go-to-move: pass to DWade... its a pretty good move..

SportsFanatic10
06-11-2011, 03:08 PM

i agree kobe's post up game is better since lebron doesn't use it enough so the sample size is too small. just pointing out that he's been working on it and it isn't as bad as people think. he just doesn't use it for some reason but when he does it's been effective is all i'm saying here. so faceplam yourself cuz nowhere in the article or in my post does it say lebron's post game is better than kobes. and i didn't name those players its an nba.com article so try reading it before talking.

Tony_Starks
06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
You can't teach heart, drive,and sheer will to win. Thats what separates guys like Kobe and KG from the rest of the pack and makes them legends, like them or not.

Lebron has a chance to prove if he has it or not. Its not exactly like this is the first time its been questioned.

Even if they lose though I think what he does next year is what will really define him as a player. If he comes back determined and tightens up all the flaws in his game then I think he steps up into another category....

SportsFanatic10
06-11-2011, 03:18 PM
You can't teach heart, drive,and sheer will to win. Thats what separates guys like Kobe and KG from the rest of the pack and makes them legends, like them or not.

Lebron has a chance to prove if he has it or not. Its not exactly like this is the first time its been questioned.

Even if they lose though I think what he does next year is what will really define him as a player. If he comes back determined and tightens up all the flaws in his game then I think he steps up into another category....

agreed...wade obviously has it but its looking like lebron doesn't. i guess we'll see with time.

lakerboy
06-11-2011, 03:22 PM
SportsFanatic10, I hate Lebron but you're a good guy. Don't defend Lebron at the moment, I mean not at this time. It's going to be hard to argue with all the Lebron bashing around. Let us have our fun. You're a rational fan and we'll let you go haha. Just come back when he's gotten out of his funk

shep33
06-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Kobe's post game is way better than LBJ's, which is something I don't understand. Lebron is Karl Malone's size, if he can just learn one or two moves, whether it be a 15 foot turn around or a hook with either hand, the guy becomes impossible to defend. Not only that he'd force a double from the post (when teams start respecting his game down there) and he's a ridiculous passer, so one guy gets open every single time.

SportsFanatic10
06-11-2011, 03:29 PM
SportsFanatic10, I hate Lebron but you're a good guy. Don't defend Lebron at the moment, I mean not at this time. It's going to be hard to argue with all the Lebron bashing around. Let us have our fun. You're a rational fan and we'll let you go haha. Just come back when he's gotten out of his funk

haha don't worry man i'm not defending him at all. basically just pointing out that he can post up he just doesn't like to(which in itself shows hes dumb). i agree with everything being said about him "shrinking" and all that. if he plays bad again tomorrow i'll be angry even though at this point i'm almost expecting him to play like **** again. i really don't think he has a killer instict to be honest so no i'm not defending him.

showtym24
06-11-2011, 03:33 PM
So stats mean nothing?

Bron has terrible footwork, and no post game.

TheRunKiller
06-11-2011, 03:43 PM

:laugh:

Supreme LA
06-11-2011, 03:47 PM
He's actually very efficient in the post he just does not do it often

He doesn't post up because he is embarrassed of his own sloppy footwork in the post. He has no moves in the post besides a turn around fade away. Lebron is probably the most fundamentally flawed "best player" in the league we have IMO.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-11-2011, 03:52 PM
He already does.

Turning to the refs with his hands up after every play.

Davidgta1
06-12-2011, 01:22 AM
lebrons go-to-move: pass to DWade... its a pretty good move..

Hahaha I was just about to post that lol

nimazahir
06-12-2011, 01:28 AM
I love how I post a serious thread and i get a bunch of joke answers.
Well see what happens when the heat win on tuesday

EaglePride615
06-12-2011, 01:35 AM
a go to move is generally a jump shot. maybe im wrong but thats my opinion. kobe, jump shot, paul pierce jump shot. both of them are very clutch guys and with pierce you always get the same high iso, crossover fadeaway jump shot. kobe just sprays guys

JamaicanYouth
06-12-2011, 01:47 AM

Lmao

MTar786
06-12-2011, 02:51 AM
move number 1
kiss refs *** before every game starts

mov number 2
crab dribble

move number 3
flop

move number 4
post up till doubled and pass out to bosh

move number 5
crab dribble

move number 6
unicorn spiral flipper

move number 7
jumper

move number 8
asian step

move number 9
crab dribble

asandhu23
06-12-2011, 03:24 AM
Bron Bron is a busy man. He doesn't have time to do this ****. I mean he has to:

1. Pay refs.
2. Buy out Stern
3. Buy out ESPN
4. Do terrible acting job in ads
5. Pay Nike's camera confiscators
6. Go on twitter and note down every single hater he sees.... (see? http://i.huffpost.com/gen/191563/LEBRON-JAMES-TWITTER.jpg )

kblo247
06-12-2011, 06:38 AM
a go to move is generally a jump shot. maybe im wrong but thats my opinion. kobe, jump shot, paul pierce jump shot. both of them are very clutch guys and with pierce you always get the same high iso, crossover fadeaway jump shot. kobe just sprays guys

I wouldn't say you are wrong per say. The jump shot is vital. The work before it is what LeBron lacks. Kobe for instance can take you in the triple threat and work you, and it is more refined of a skill now but he could also do it as a 20 year old kid with Shaquille/Phil. He could take you right in the pinch post, face you up with the ball in his hands and have options. He can put it on the floor and cross you over to lead to the drive, he can identify his shooters/big, he can turn around and post you up by shooting over either shoulder and with the left hand as well as the right (see 04 when he sprained his right shoulder)' or he can just simply shoot over you.

As physically imposing as LeBron is and as good a natural passer he was nurtured to be by being PG all his life before the NBA, he has no semblance of a thriple threat in his game to take advantage of opponents.

He and Carmelo were compared going into the league, and as of today LeBron is the better player, but they are nowhere close in terms of actual fundamental skills from post work to foot work to knowing how to position yourself for a rebound. That is why I honestly believe that LeBron will age far worse than him when they get the miles of a Kobe or ever suffer injuries like even Wade has suffered. I just don't see him adapting yet as much as I honestly thought he would when he got drafted

PHX2daDEATH
06-12-2011, 07:19 AM
if he ain't using it, it means he's not comfortable with using it or he sucks at using it therefore he has no post game and the 160 # doesn't mean jack ...thats two post ups a game..this goes back to me saying the guy is not working on his game as much as he should and that if he doesn't develop this post game now he'll never do it and then quickly fall from grace Shawn Kemp style when he hits his 30's , his knees worn down from supporting that 270lb frame.. Kevin Durant is far superior in the post then LBJ..and who do you think would win in an arm wrestling match?

Silent
06-12-2011, 07:38 AM
He already does.

Turning to the refs with his hands up after every play.

:clap:

DodgerBulls
06-12-2011, 07:48 AM
he does

he takes the ball to the top of the key....he dribble dribble dribbles and takes a bad shot right before the shot clock ends.....havent you noticed??

lebron also has the crab dribble

LOL, I think most of us notice this.

Supreme LA
06-12-2011, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't say you are wrong per say. The jump shot is vital. The work before it is what LeBron lacks. Kobe for instance can take you in the triple threat and work you, and it is more refined of a skill now but he could also do it as a 20 year old kid with Shaquille/Phil. He could take you right in the pinch post, face you up with the ball in his hands and have options. He can put it on the floor and cross you over to lead to the drive, he can identify his shooters/big, he can turn around and post you up by shooting over either shoulder and with the left hand as well as the right (see 04 when he sprained his right shoulder)' or he can just simply shoot over you.

As physically imposing as LeBron is and as good a natural passer he was nurtured to be by being PG all his life before the NBA, he has no semblance of a thriple threat in his game to take advantage of opponents.

He and Carmelo were compared going into the league, and as of today LeBron is the better player, but they are nowhere close in terms of actual fundamental skills from post work to foot work to knowing how to position yourself for a rebound. That is why I honestly believe that LeBron will age far worse than him when they get the miles of a Kobe or ever suffer injuries like even Wade has suffered. I just don't see him adapting yet as much as I honestly thought he would when he got drafted

^This.

The one and only unstoppable shot is the 1-2 dribble pull-up jumpshot. MJ mastered it and advised Kobe to do the same. Lebron could learn a thing or two from those two guys.

gilly
06-12-2011, 09:16 AM
LeBron is a player built on pure athleticism, when he hits 30 he will capitulate because his knees will go. At least now Kobe's knees are going he has a jumpshot and a post game just as Jordan did. LeBron needs to work on his game A LOT this summer.

dodie53
06-12-2011, 09:25 AM
go to move right now: being passive in the 4th

BALLER R
06-12-2011, 09:52 AM
he does not have a killer instinct and i don't think that's something you learn

drobe86
06-12-2011, 12:13 PM
he does not have a killer instinct and i don't think that's something you learn

I disagree with this.... Look at Dirk now vs. 2006. He's a much more efficient player

DMasta718
06-12-2011, 01:28 PM

Miami won game 6 already?

effen5
06-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah his go to move should be getting his *** straight to the bench in the 4th quarter.

Law25
06-12-2011, 01:33 PM
So Kobe 6'6 205lbs gets in the post 140 more times and scored 127 more points than 6'9 250lbs LeBron becuase LeBron yet Lebron is more efficient but choses not to............ what is he afraid of getting hit?

Caps1989
06-12-2011, 01:36 PM
he has the crab dribble, the travel, the ref, and the carry.

godolphins
06-12-2011, 02:11 PM
both will never happen
:facepalm:
He happen to be top 10 in FG% by range(not including centers)

JWO35
06-12-2011, 02:14 PM
You guys are always nit-picking...the Crab Dribble just isn't good enough huh? He also has his signature 4step donkey dribble

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2011, 02:16 PM

Chill out.

We're just having fun.

I think the Heat win too.

aztr0
06-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Lol his crab dribble isn't enough?

krazylegz
06-12-2011, 02:46 PM
anybody who says lebron has a post game really dont know his game at all....his post game is very weak and he seems not be interested in really improving on it...i agree with an above poster...if he actually did have a post game,he would be the most unstoppable player ever,unfortunately,he doesnt have one and he is proving to be very stoppable this series

MELO 15
06-12-2011, 03:16 PM

he always looks awkard with his footwork but he is effective he just needs to get more comfortable doing it and look for his opportunities. he's completely shied away from it in the playoffs which is ridiculous. MELO Played in systems where he couldnt settle in the post and opperate, especially in mike dantonis system, but dont get twisted, melo is a far better post player than lebrick. I tell everyone i talk to this, lebrick is a freak of an athlete with freakish hops playing basketball, melo is a natural basketball player, theres a difference, even wade is more of a natural ball player than lebron, and thats why the heat will lose 2nite, take the lane away from lebron and make him an outside shooter, ill live with him taking it every time and the mavss will to, congradulations mavericks.

Crackadalic
06-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Lebron has a post move that he just refuse to use even though its his most effective move when he does use it