PDA

View Full Version : 5 current greatest ever & top 5 ever in 15 years!

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 01:23 AM
My top 5 right now are

1.MJ
2.Earvin"magic"Johnson
3.Kareem
4.Wilt chamberlain
5.Bill rusell

HM: 6. LARRY BIRD 7. KOBE BRYANT 8. TIMMY DUNCAN 9.SHAQ 10.HAKEEM THE DREAM OLOJUWAN

IN 15 years the top 5 IMO will be

1MJ
2.Kobe(assuming he wins 1-2 more championships)
3.MAGIC
4.Kareem
5.WILT

If Lebron wins 4-5 rings(as the man) he might be top 10 and close to top 5 the rest have a good shot to I'm just not sure it will be enough to be in the top 10!

IN 15 years

nickdymez
06-11-2011, 01:27 AM
lol@ kobe having to win 7 rings in this era to be your top 5 player....

MJ
Magic
Kobe (If Kobe gets top 3 scoring)
Shaq
Bird

theheatles
06-11-2011, 01:31 AM
now
1.mj
2.shaq
3.kobe
4.kareem
5.magic

in 15 yrs
1.mj
2.lebron
3.wade
4.kobe
5.shaq

Cano4prez
06-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Kobe will never be top 5 neither will LeBron or Wade sorry

tredigs
06-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Now?

1: Jordan
2: Magic
3: Kareem
4: Wilt
5: Bill

Honorable to Bird and Hakeem.

15 years?

3: Lebron
4: Kareem
5: Wilt

6: Honorable to Bill and Bird

SMH!
06-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Kobe.. Top 5!?

tredigs
06-11-2011, 01:49 AM

Lebron's stats in both regular season and playoffs already rank him among the greatest ever (as do Wade's Finals), and he's still younger than Jordan was before he won his FIRST title.

Let's not jump to definitive conclusions...

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Now?

15 years?

3: Lebron
4: Kareem

When Kobe retires he will have more championships,points,accolades,and records then magic so yes IMO Kobe will end up # 2 all time with 1 more ring 2 would solidify his spot!! And LOL at you having Lebron #3 let him win a ring first then we can speak!

Cano4prez
06-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Lebron's stats in both regular season and playoffs already rank him among the greatest ever (as do Wade's Finals), and he's still younger than Jordan was before he won his FIRST title.

Oh I know, I just didn't want to be called a raging Bron homer and defend him throughout this thread

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 01:56 AM

He's also chocked more then Kobe and MJ combined he hasn't won a ring, d-wade is getting old so I doubt he wins more then 3 riding wades jock! Lebron is great and maybe one day he'll be in the top 10 but only way he cracks the top 5 let alone top 3 is if he wins 4-5 championships as the man but I doubt it!

tredigs
06-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Oh I know, I just didn't want to be called a raging Bron homer and defend him throughout this thread

Haha what, with all the intelligent/objective non-homer fans we have in this forum? Especially the OP? Nahhh, should be fiine.

John Walls Era
06-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Kobe will only be in the top 5 if he wins 2 more. Then he will arguably be in the top 5.

koLohe2133
06-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Lebron is the greatest woman to play in the NBA hands down

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 02:17 AM
Kobe will only be in the top 5 if he wins 2 more. Then he will arguably be in the top 5.

But how if wilt only has 2 championships? And Kobe will eventually top him in scoring(barring no serious injury) he needs one to surpass magic as the greatest laker ever or atleast winningest laker ever!

Let's face the facts people Kobe will eventually crack the top 5 with a little more scoring and 1-2 championships will be guarantee him a top 3 spot!

LA_Raiders
06-11-2011, 02:19 AM
lol

1-Kobe/MJ
2-magic
3-kareem

shep33
06-11-2011, 02:21 AM
People hate Kobe and simply underestimate his ridiculous resume. I'm not saying he's top 5 right now, but I think he will be.

flclfanman
06-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Lol @ Kobe in the top 5

Even if Kobe finishes top4/3 scorer of all time, He'll probably be the ALL TIME leader in missed shots (More than AI :speechless:) which is HORRENDOUS. Rings be damned.

Everyone else on that list did it through accuracy and consistency.

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Lol at you only looking at fg% if anything Kobe is an above average fg% shooter look at the other greats sg's and their fg% I bet they are about the same only difference is Kobe will obviously miss more due to the fact that he'll have played alot more games!

TheRunKiller
06-11-2011, 04:04 AM
lol

1-Kobe/MJ
2-magic
3-kareem

lol really?

Minimal
06-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Now:

1. MJ
2. Oscar Robertson
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Bill Russell

15 years

1. MJ
2-5. We can only guess

Reversed86Curse
06-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Now:
MJ
Kareem
Magic
Russell
Bird

15 years:
MJ
Kareem
Magic
Russell
Bird

kingkenny01
06-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Now:
1. MJ

2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Magic Johnson
4.Oscar Robertson
5. Wilt

15 Years:
1. MJ

2.Kobe
3.Kareem
4.Magic
5.Tie D wade/Lebron

TanMidas
06-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Now:

MJ
Magic
Larry Bird
Bill Russel
The Dream

In 15 Years:
MJ
Kobe
Magic
Lebron
Bird

Bookey
06-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Now
1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Bill Russell
4. Oscar
5. Bird

15 Yrs from now
1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Kareem
4. Bill Russell
5. Oscar

Can we stop hatin on Kobe Please!!!! He's better than Lebron ask MJ himself.

NYKalltheway
06-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Kobe is having enough trouble being Top 5 Laker, how can you consider him Top 5 ever?

hugepatsfan
06-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Now:

MJ
Magic
Kareem
Wilt
Bird

In 15 years... same thing except Bird gets pushed down to 6 by Lebron. I'm pretty sure Lebron will be top 5. I think he'll get to #2.

Lo Porto
06-11-2011, 10:44 AM
1. Wilt
1. MJ
1. Russell

There isn't a GOAT, but those 3 tie for GOAT. All 3 were a combo of titles, stats and impact on the game. What Wilt lacks in titles (do you realize who Boston had in that era), he more than makes up for in stats. Vice versa for Russell.

The rest of the top players are a mix of Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Malone, Stockton, Duncan, Hakeem, Cousy, Frazier, Robertson, Dirk, and many, many more, but the 3 above just stand above.

Kobe & LBJ could join those 3. Kobe needs another title and a few more big seasons. LBJ needs titles and long statistical success. LeBron has a lot of work to do to join those 3. A lot of work to do.

nickdymez
06-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Now:

MJ
Magic
Kareem
Wilt
Bird

In 15 years... same thing except Bird gets pushed down to 6 by Lebron. I'm pretty sure Lebron will be top 5. I think he'll get to #2.

Why would you put Lebron over Kobe.. for real

naps
06-11-2011, 01:45 PM
He's also chocked more then Kobe and MJ combined he hasn't won a ring, d-wade is getting old so I doubt he wins more then 3 riding wades jock! Lebron is great and maybe one day he'll be in the top 10 but only way he cracks the top 5 let alone top 3 is if he wins 4-5 championships as the man but I doubt it!

LOL. You are another ******** Kobe homer and you are expecting people's honest opinions? Why would LeBron need to win 4-5 rings as the man to be in top 5 and Kobe only needs 2 to be in top 5 or #2? GTFO! Kobe won't be anywhere near top 5, ever. LeBron is a lock for #2 if he doesn't get injured.

smith&wesson
06-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Ummm kobe is already considered the greatest laker ever. if magic is in your top 5. then kobe rightfully should be there too.

34Dayz
06-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Wow... Kobe will never be higher then 8-12 no matter how many more points he scores in the remainder of his career, he just never had an impact on the game or a good enough prime to be higher period. There is no way Kobe ever ranks higher then say a player like Shaq on the GOAT list. Rings are a team accomplishment, its not like Kobe took a bunch of random scrub players and won 5 chips he played with the MDCenter ever and the second best player of this generation after Jordan for 3 of his rings not to mention the talent he had for his last two. People who rank Kobe are simply ranking players by rings which is imo pretty silly, you should go ahead and put russell as your definite #1 and uhh sam jones as your #2 or something.

Sorry.. but with people ranking Kobe 1A/B with Jordan it just boggles my mind lol.

Top 5... hmm
I'll go
1.MJ
2.Shaq
3.Kareem
4.Wilt/Hakeem/Duncan
5.Magic
6.Bird
7.Kobe
Smh...

34Dayz
06-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Ummm kobe is already considered the greatest laker ever. if magic is in your top 5. then kobe rightfully should be there too.

Kobe hasn't surpassed Shaq as the greatest Laker yet or Magic.

Shaq LA - 3Final MVP's
Kobe LA - 2Final MVP's

Like I said Kobe will end up in the 8-12 area and he has basically 0% chance of moving up any higher then that.

sargon21
06-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Why would you put Lebron over Kobe.. for real

I agree with you, really hard to think that Lebron will end up higher than Kobe.

34Dayz
06-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Lebron would need 2-4 Ring's to give him an argument over Kobe now that he has a good team around him.

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 02:19 PM
LOL. You are another ******** Kobe homer and you are expecting people's honest opinions? Why would LeBron need to win 4-5 rings as the man to be in top 5 and Kobe only needs 2 to be in top 5 or #2? GTFO! Kobe won't be anywhere near top 5, ever. LeBron is a lock for #2 if he doesn't get injured.

Did you even read it i said Kobe needs one more title to be in the top 5(some have him in their top 5 already,just tell pippen and barkley) and to move up to #2 or #3 he has to win 2 championships and finish atleast 3rd in points scored!

And Lebron a lock for #2 WTF??? Since when were lebrons accomplishments better then anyone in the top 10 let alone the top 15?? Come on dude seriously??? Lebron hasn't won **** and it's people like who make basketball fans seem stupid and immature at times!!
Wait till Lebron wins 2-3(highly unlikely since wade is getting up there in age) then we can maybe put him in the top 10 but top 5??? Hmmmm don't think so!

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Kobe is having enough trouble being Top 5 Laker, how can you consider him Top 5 ever?

Ask any laker fan Where they have Kobe and they'll tell you he's #1 or #2 and anyone who says something else is either a laker fan who hates Kobe or a gasol fan (hellocrooner)

DoubleDragon
06-11-2011, 02:22 PM
But how if wilt only has 2 championships? And Kobe will eventually top him in scoring(barring no serious injury) he needs one to surpass magic as the greatest laker ever or atleast winningest laker ever!

Let's face the facts people Kobe will eventually crack the top 5 with a little more scoring and 1-2 championships will be guarantee him a top 3 spot!

Yes, but this thread is just another opportunity for a bunch of haters having a bash party over anyone you choose (named Kobe or LeBron) so what's the point. Why give the meatheads fuel for the fire.

My top 5 ever:

Smush Parker
Booby Gibson
Maddog Madsen
Antoine Walker
Ruben ("Kobe Killa") Patterson
:D

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Shaq LA - 3Final MVP's
Kobe LA - 2Final MVP's

Like I said Kobe will end up in the 8-12 area and he has basically 0% chance of moving up any higher then that.

Wow dude for reals stfu... You know nothing I mean you have shaq a your number 2 player all-time lol
Who was a part of the lakers last 5 championships? Kobe who's accomplished more as a laker? Kobe! Who stayed with the franchise through the tough times? Kobe and who didn't ask for a trade and wanted 30 million when clearly he was the same dominate player as he was before? Yupp Kobe so get your **** straight dude no way in hell ever ranks higher then Kobe on the all-tine list because Kobe is still winning and dominating and will ultimately win 1-2 more championships!!

Kobe will be #2 when it all said and done!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Now:
1. MJ
2. Russel
3. Wilt
4. Kareem
5. Bird/Magic
In 15 years same as above. Maybe Kobe could get into five but that is it.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Now:

MJ
Magic
Kareem
Wilt
Bird

while i would change around the top 5, these are my top 5, and I think Bron will bump Wilt out in 15 years, assuming he wins a couple of rings and continues his statistical dominance for a while

Hawkeye15
06-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Ok, a Laker fan started this thread, and that same fan is in here blasting anyone who dares to leave Kobe out of the top 5, or put LeBron above Kobe.

What exactly was your intention when creating this thread?

Hawkeye15
06-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I agree with you, really hard to think that Lebron will end up higher than Kobe.

Do you remember what was said about your boy MJ at age 26? I know you are not old enough, so let me tell you.

He is only a scorer who makes nobody better
He can't lead a team like Bird or Magic
He will never be an all time great, he can't lead teams to rings despite his stats
He is one dimensional

How quickly things change when the rings start coming. Expect the same with James.

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Do you remember what was said about your boy MJ at age 26? I know you are not old enough, so let me tell you.

He is only a scorer who makes nobody better
He can't lead a team like Bird or Magic
He will never be an all time great, he can't lead teams to rings despite his stats
He is one dimensional

How quickly things change when the rings start coming. Expect the same with James.

I have no problem with what you just said hawkeye but did you forget wades been carrying lebrons *** these finals?? His rings won't mean as much unless he's the man, and sure Kobe wasn't the man for his but in the 2001&2002 finals he averaged like 27,6,6 in both finals combined!!

And we aren't knocking Lebron but some people say Kobe won't be top 5 but Lebron will and im like how is that?? If Kobe has less and less to accomplish to be in the top 5 and lebron has more and more to do to even be considered In the top 10!

Bookey
06-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Kobe is the closest to Jordan, to say he isn't is just crazy, to say that he isn't the best Laker of all-time is crazy, to say that Lebron only needs 2 rings to be ranked ahead of him is ridiculous, Lebron's not even the best player on his team in my opinon.

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Kobe is the closest to Jordan, to say he isn't is just crazy, to say that he isn't the best Laker of all-time is crazy, to say that Lebron only needs 2 rings to be ranked ahead of him is ridiculous, Lebron's not even the best player on his team in my opinon.

:clap:

Hawkeye15
06-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I have no problem with what you just said hawkeye but did you forget wades been carrying lebrons *** these finals?? His rings won't mean as much unless he's the man, and sure Kobe wasn't the man for his but in the 2001&2002 finals he averaged like 27,6,6 in both finals combined!!

And we aren't knocking Lebron but some people say Kobe won't be top 5 but Lebron will and im like how is that?? If Kobe has less and less to accomplish to be in the top 5 and lebron has more and more to do to even be considered In the top 10!

Kobe CAN get into the top 5, but I am not predicting it. LeBron's statistics honestly take a dump on Kobe's when we really examine them, which is why I think if he gets a couple or more rings, he will indeed move into the top 5.

You have to remember, this is year one of the LeBron/Heat. There will be plenty more years for LeBron to keep making his case. And the series isn't over by any stretch either. LeBron is also the reason they are even in the finals, don't forget that.

You asked us to provide a prediction. I am basing mine off the my PREDICTION that the Lakers have a very, very small window right now going forward, Kobe is in decline, and I just don't think he can climb much more than where he currently is. His numbers aren't going to get better. Another rings helps a bit I suppose, but Kobe's legacy is already cemented imo. LeBron is just getting the major part of his going now, and has a huge statisical edge on almost anyone who has ever played.

Now, if Bron gets hurt, or his production fails to stay dominant for a number of years going forward, or if he continues to fail on the biggest stage, then of course I leave him well out of my top 5.

I am simply giving my prediction

ReedBoshMarleau
06-11-2011, 03:20 PM

he already is the man... and his numbers across the board are better then Kobe's...

Yanks All Day
06-11-2011, 03:23 PM
So this is really a "Where do you rank Kobe Bryant? But only 3 or higher counts" thread.

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 03:59 PM
he already is the man... and his numbers across the board are better then Kobe's...

Like i keep saying time and time again lebron will always have big stats but Kobe had/has a more complete game! He has won Alot more and has never choked as bad as Lebron! All these things add up and you have Kobe always being better then Lebron!

Hawkeye your insightful and everything hut to say kobes legacy is cemented is absurd and 1 ring will only help a little? I say it will help Kobe alot!! And sure his numbers will be about the same next year and slightly worse after but he'll be breaking record after record doing it!!

And who's to say Lebron ever developes a jumper, a post up game, great footwork, that killed instinct??? To me if lebron Wins he will only win 2-4 rings and im sure he Wont be the mvp for those, wade will probably be mvp for 1 or 2 of them if they even win at all!!

Lebron may have the most potential talent ever but he never had and the way it looks never will be a more complete player then kobe in terms of what they can do on the court

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I think the only reason why Kobe won't be in the top 5 is because he wasn't the best player on his team for three out of his five championships. MJ was the best for all of his, that isn't fair for MJ.

HouRealCoach
06-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Current..

1. MJ
2. Hakeem
3. Bird
4. Magic
5. Duncan

In 15 years...

the same

Hawkeye15
06-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by RaidersLakers24

Hawkeye your insightful and everything hut to say kobes legacy is cemented is absurd and 1 ring will only help a little? I say it will help Kobe alot!! And sure his numbers will be about the same next year and slightly worse after but he'll be breaking record after record doing it!!

Kobe just doesn't have the stats dude. All time rankings are determined by Stats, awards, accolades, dominance amongst peers, peak, prime, and rings. So just adding a ring only gives a small ripple effect. He already has multiple, both as a #2, and #1 option. One more ring doesn't bump him up really, he is already to the point where when we weigh everything up there, having an extra ring still doesn't compensate the fact that others have had his success with better numbers, or more rings and more dominance.

And who's to say Lebron ever developes a jumper, a post up game, great footwork, that killed instinct??? To me if lebron Wins he will only win 2-4 rings and im sure he Wont be the mvp for those, wade will probably be mvp for 1 or 2 of them if they even win at all!!

LeBron was a better shooter than Kobe this year man on long 2's, and was better percentage wise from mid range and long 2's than Durant, Melo, and a number of other reputable shooters.

And now you are predicting, which is exactly what I was doing. We can disagree on what the future holds for a player(s) we have no control over. Nothing wrong with that

Hawkeye15
06-11-2011, 04:48 PM
I think the only reason why Kobe won't be in the top 5 is because he wasn't the best player on his team for three out of his five championships. MJ was the best for all of his, that isn't fair for MJ.

well, I don't think that is the key factor however. There are players in the top 5-10 who were not the #1 guy on a ring or two they won as well.

KW93KB24
06-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Laker fans please ignore this thread. Most NBA fans hate kobe bryant, it's as simple as that. You can't argue with these people even if they say "they're not a kobe hater, im just stating fact." ignore them. Kobe bryant's accomplishments are often overlooked by these people. Kobe has made the most game winning shots ever in nba history, has 5 rings, is top 6 in scoring, and a lot more i can type, but the list is too long.

Yeah Lebron has the stats and everything, but sometimes you just have to watch the players play. Brett Favre has every single meaningful record for a qb, peyton manning is probably going to beat those records, and dan marino has the stats, but does that make them the goat? hell no! joe montana didn't have the stats like favre, manning, and marino, and tom brady doesn't have the stats like favre, marino, and manning. Manning has the most Mvp's of all time, and favre has the most passing yards, td's, completions, and 3 mvp's of all time. But if you ask anyone who the goat of all time for a qb is and they will tell you joe montana. That's what kobe is, he is the joe montana and tom brady of the nba, these guys are winners and find ways to win for their team and always puts them in a position to win.

kobe is the greatest laker of all time and if you have magic on your top 5 and not kobe then you're are just a pure hater. Lebron can win rings and everything, but he needs to win rings as the main man, just like how you guys keep knocking kobe's 5 rings for not "being the man." im going to do the same for lebron. So how many rings will lebron win as the "man." so far it's not looking like he is winning a ring as the "man."

Reversed86Curse
06-11-2011, 05:35 PM

Shaq LA - 3Final MVP's
Kobe LA - 2Final MVP's

1st- yes he has surpassed Shaq in terms of better Laker career; both are still behind Magic and Kareem imo

2ns- basing someones stature on finals MVP's is ridiculous. When included with other career accomplishments has validity though

towlsmoke420
06-11-2011, 05:42 PM
SO no one here thinks dwight will be a futuristic hof

Hawkeye15
06-11-2011, 05:44 PM

sure he will. Top 10 player ever? Eh, doubt it.

RaidersLakers24
06-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Laker fans please ignore this thread. Most NBA fans hate kobe bryant, it's as simple as that. You can't argue with these people even if they say "they're not a kobe hater, im just stating fact." ignore them. Kobe bryant's accomplishments are often overlooked by these people. Kobe has made the most game winning shots ever in nba history, has 5 rings, is top 6 in scoring, and a lot more i can type, but the list is too long.

Yeah Lebron has the stats and everything, but sometimes you just have to watch the players play. Brett Favre has every single meaningful record for a qb, peyton manning is probably going to beat those records, and dan marino has the stats, but does that make them the goat? hell no! joe montana didn't have the stats like favre, manning, and marino, and tom brady doesn't have the stats like favre, marino, and manning. Manning has the most Mvp's of all time, and favre has the most passing yards, td's, completions, and 3 mvp's of all time. But if you ask anyone who the goat of all time for a qb is and they will tell you joe montana. That's what kobe is, he is the joe montana and tom brady of the nba, these guys are winners and find ways to win for their team and always puts them in a position to win.

kobe is the greatest laker of all time and if you have magic on your top 5 and not kobe then you're are just a pure hater. Lebron can win rings and everything, but he needs to win rings as the main man, just like how you guys keep knocking kobe's 5 rings for not "being the man." im going to do the same for lebron. So how many rings will lebron win as the "man." so far it's not looking like he is winning a ring as the "man."

Your spot on man... Spot on!!!

NYKalltheway
06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Love the Laker fans with the "24" on the nickname or "KB" standing up for Kobe :D

Bookey
06-11-2011, 06:55 PM
:clap:

I think I'm the only die hard MJ fan who appreciates Kobe's greatness.

kArSoN RyDaH
06-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Now?

15 years?

3: Lebron4: Kareem

Wtf are you smoking? Whatever it is, I want some!!

THE GIPPER
06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I stopped reading when someone put Kobe anywhere near the top 5. He's not even better than shaq.

ManRam
06-11-2011, 07:39 PM
When Kobe retires he will have more championships,points,accolades,and records then magic so yes IMO Kobe will end up # 2 all time with 1 more ring 2 would solidify his spot!! And LOL at you having Lebron #3 let him win a ring first then we can speak!

That's great. Longevity is on his side for sure.

However, in his prime, pound-for-pound, he wasn't at all close to a top 5 player in the history of the sport. Individually he's not a top 10 player ever. The rings will get him in the top 10 (he's already in mine), but individually, he's not close to a top 5 player ever.

As for LeBron...who knows? Let him write his legacy before we write it for him.

ManRam
06-11-2011, 07:40 PM

HOF for sure.

Top 10? No way. He'll never be better than Shaq was, and Shaq is a fringe top 10 player in some people's minds. Top 20 is his upside.

LakersMaster24
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM

Wanna not ride Lebrons ****? Thank you. :)

LakersMaster24
06-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Right now Kobe is Top 10 already (7th-6th). Ask every NBA analyst, ask anybody. If he wins 2 more championships and gets to the Top 4 All-Time Scoring List, he will be considered Top 5. Not many players win 7 rings.

ManRam
06-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Even with 2 more rings, I don't think he was ever a better basketball player than Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem or Wilt. Not even Hakeem for that matter.

Winning rings matters, but Kobe is Kobe. Winning two more rings doesn't make him a better player in his prime than what he was. He was never ever a better player than those 5-6 player...period. Longevity matters. Rings matter...but when it comes down to determining the best players of all time, I have to look at their primes...and Kobe was never in a given year a better basketball player than those guys. Hell, Shaq and Duncan were better players in their prime.

showtym24
06-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Based on what? ^

showtym24
06-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Its insane the hate kobe will always get.

KW93KB24
06-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Love the Laker fans with the "24" on the nickname or "KB" standing up for Kobe :D

says the guy that thinks kobe is having a hard time being a top 5 laker lol :facepalm: what did kobe ever do to you to make you hate him so much? lol

KW93KB24
06-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Its insane the hate kobe will always get.

i honestly thought the lebron hate surpassed kobe, but i guess im wrong. people are so much into stats and ********. They don't realize stats are sometimes overrated.

KW93KB24
06-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Most NBA fans hate kobe bryant, it's as simple as that. You can't argue with these people even if they say "they're not a kobe hater, im just stating facts." ignore them. Kobe bryant's accomplishments are often overlooked by these people. Kobe has made the most game winning shots ever in nba history, has 5 rings, is top 6 in scoring, and a lot more i can type, but the list is too long.

kobe is the greatest laker of all time and if you have magic in your top 5 and not kobe then you're are just a pure hater. Lebron can win rings and everything, but he needs to win rings as the main man, just like how you guys keep knocking kobe's 5 rings for not "being the man." im going to do the same for lebron. So how many rings will lebron win as the "man." so far it's not looking like he is winning a ring as the "man."

JordansBulls
06-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Current

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Bill Russell
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Magic Johnson

shep33
06-11-2011, 09:27 PM
It amazes me that people fail to realize that Kobe has achieved just as much as Magic has, except Magic had possibly the greatest supporting cast in NBA history.

KnicksR4Real
06-11-2011, 09:35 PM
now
1.mj
2.shaq
3.kobe
4.kareem
5.magic

in 15 yrs
1.mj
2.lebron
3.wade
4.kobe
5.shaq

you think shaq is 2? hahahahhahha:facepalm:

shep33
06-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I respectfully disagree, with a lot of people here saying that Kobe is overrated and what not in his prime. Kobe Bryant in his prime was a beast. People say he's overrated defensively, but I urge you guys to watch him when he was younger. We put him on the other team's best player every single game... Iverson, Carter, Tmac, Jordan (when MJ was with the Bulls in 98), Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, etc.

35.4 ppg in the triangle offense is unheard of. Even the GOAT in MJ didn't even do that. Kobe has never played with great 3 point shooters, nor has he ever played with any player close to all-star level on the perimeter (outside when he was 18 with Van Exel and Eddie Jones, 1 year nonetheless). I don't think people realize how significant that is, he has had nobody to take the pressure off of him on the perimeter over the past 14 years. Nobody that could get in the lane and create for others, nobody that can create for themselves off the perimeter.

Put Kobe outside of the Triangle offense (when he was younger), and I bet he'd average 30, 8, 7 every year. People don't understand how the Triangle limits your numbers. Check out MJ's stats before the Triangle was implemented, and then after. The GOAT dropped in his production, and I guarantee you guys that if Kobe played in a pick and roll offense where he gets to handle the ball at the top, he'd put up far great all around numbers than what he has now.

On top of that, Kobe Bryant has never played basketball in his prime with Shaquille O'neal. If he did, similar to how Lebron, Wade and Bosh (Kobe never played with a 3rd all-star outside of his 2nd year) were all in their primes, they would have 6-8 rings easily.

Kobe is not better than MJ by any means, but people hate him just because they want to. Have him on your team, and you guys would understand how good he is.

Demon11
06-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Oh man someone must have rung the Kobe Nutrider signal, because they are all flocking here. All i see are KB24 names and kobe avatars.

MSU4life
06-11-2011, 09:46 PM

Sucha stupid thing to say, in Lebrons he still has 0 ships (if he doesnt win this year) MJs 7th season he won his first and he had to go threw a much harder Conference and Finals, not to mention a totally more difficult era..

Demon11
06-11-2011, 09:47 PM
My top 5 right now are

1.MJ
2.Earvin"magic"Johnson
3.Kareem
4.Wilt chamberlain
5.Bill rusell

HM: 6. LARRY BIRD 7. KOBE BRYANT 8. TIMMY DUNCAN 9.SHAQ 10.HAKEEM THE DREAM OLOJUWAN

1MJ
3.MAGIC
4.Kareem
5.WILT

If Lebron wins 4-5 rings(as the man) he might be top 10 and close to top 5 the rest have a good shot to I'm just not sure it will be enough to be in the top 10!

IN 15 years

I also love how you contradict yourself by stating Kobe is the greatest Laker ever, but say this. I'm sorry but a player in decline doesn't leapfrog several players, just because of rings.

ManRam
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Kobe was the best player on two championship winning teams. That matters. He's been blessed to be on amazing teams. He's been blessed to be in LA. When his supporting cast sucked, his team sucked. I've seen a lot of players who will have lesser legacies lead lesser teams further than he did.

Basketball-reference, a site that heavily favors stats, ranks him as the 20th best player ever.

If you look strictly at individual stats (on the Shaq teams, on the pre-Pau teams, or on the Pau-teams) they were never at all top 5-7 ever. He just doesn't have the stats. Yes, there are more than just stats...but again, he's been blessed with great teams.

Call me a "hater" instead of attacking my logic...that's fine. But the facts are there.

I'm sure Kobe-philes will proceed to bash PER, but Kobe's all time PER is 18th. His all time WS are 21. His all time WS/48 (more telling) is 31st.

Individually, he is not a top 10 player. Period. That stats, the efficiency, the whatever were never there. Discredit stats all you want, but he was never an all-time efficent scorer, and he was never an exceptional passer or rebounder for his position. His defense was great, but he was more of a gambling defender than a shut-down defender.

He's in my top 10, but top 5 is absolutely laughable to me. If Kobe was actually drafted by Charlotte, and won 1-2 rings, he'd be fringe top 30 player. He got blessed with great teams, and that's what's made his legacy. Individually and stat-wise, he's not a top 5 player. Hell, stick him on Cleveland for his first 7 seasons and I assure you he does less than what LeBron did.

And as for his clutchness...

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time?prosaction=newpost&status=ok

And Shep, when he average 35.4, his team sucked. He took 24 shots a game, and shot 45%. A ton of players can do that on a bad team.

Demon11
06-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Kobe was the best player on two championship winning teams. That matters. He's been blessed to be on amazing teams. He's been blessed to be in LA. When his supporting cast sucked, his team sucked. I've seen a lot of players who will have lesser legacies lead lesser teams further than he did.

Basketball-reference, a site that heavily favors stats, ranks him as the 20th best player ever.

If you look strictly at individual stats (on the Shaq teams, on the pre-Pau teams, or on the Pau-teams) they were never at all top 5-7 ever. He just doesn't have the stats. Yes, there are more than just stats...but again, he's been blessed with great teams.

Call me a "hater" instead of attacking my logic...that's fine. But the facts are there.

I'm sure Kobe-philes will proceed to bash PER, but Kobe's all time PER is 18th. His all time WS are 21. His all time WS/48 (more telling) is 31st.

Individually, he is not a top 10 player. Period. That stats, the efficiency, the whatever were never there. Discredit stats all you want, but he was never an all-time efficent scorer, and he was never an exceptional passer or rebounder for his position. His defense was great, but he was more of a gambling defender than a shut-down defender.

He's in my top 10, but top 5 is absolutely laughable to me. If Kobe was actually drafted by Charlotte, and won 1-2 rings, he'd be fringe top 30 player. He got blessed with great teams, and that's what's made his legacy. Individually and stat-wise, he's not a top 5 player. Hell, stick him on Cleveland for his first 7 seasons and I assure you he does less than what LeBron did.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time?prosaction=newpost&status=ok

And Shep, when he average 35.4, his team sucked. He took 24 shots a game, and shot 45%. A ton of players can do that on a bad team.

I completely agree. I love how Laker fans will dodge the question, how would Kobe had done of on the Cavaliers? Because they know the true answer deep inside, as it contradicts anything they say, on who the better player actually is. Awards and PPG aside.

RaidersLakers24
06-12-2011, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=Demon11;18209272]I completely agree. I love how Laker fans will dodge the question, how would Kobe had done of on the Cavaliers? Because they know the true answer deep inside, as it contradicts anything they say, on who the better player actually is. Awards and PPG aside.

Coulda shoulda woulda but that's just never gonna change anything!! Let's just face the facts dudes you might hate Kobe and everything but he'll be top 5 when it's all said and done! No matter whatever you say it's just the truth hawkeye and manram you guys are good guys but your logic is just absurd!! Sorry but Kobe is a top 5 player ever!

Jewelz0376
06-12-2011, 02:22 AM

A ton of players can average 35ppg on 45% shooting??? :laugh2: wow... This has to be one of the biggest bs lines I've ever read on psd

How do you not expect people to think your a Kobe hater when you say something like that??

wmudford
06-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Now
1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Bill Russell
4. Oscar
5. Bird

15 Yrs from now
1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Kareem
4. Bill Russell
5. Oscar

Can we stop hatin on Kobe Please!!!! He's better than Lebron ask MJ himself.

Lebron's better than MJ ask Pippen his own teammate.

Since when is MJ all knowing :rolleyes:

Jewelz0376
06-12-2011, 02:34 AM
I completely agree. I love how Laker fans will dodge the question, how would Kobe had done of on the Cavaliers? Because they know the true answer deep inside, as it contradicts anything they say, on who the better player actually is. Awards and PPG aside.

Those Cavs teams were so much better than those Lakers teams defensively...Combine that with being in the weaker eastern conference... No doubt in my mind a prime Kobe could carry those Cavs teams offensively as far as Lebron...

You tell which group of players is better

Mo Williams
D West/Parker
Andy V
Big Z/Shaq

vs

Smush Parker
Luke Walton
Kwame Brown
Odom

What Kobe was working with wasn't even close to what Lebron had..

naps
06-12-2011, 06:57 AM
Ok, a Laker fan started this thread, and that same fan is in here blasting anyone who dares to leave Kobe out of the top 5, or put LeBron above Kobe.

What exactly was your intention when creating this thread?

THIS. That guy is ********. He's started a thread and he wants everyone to agree with him. WTF!?! Like seriously?

PrettyBoyJ
06-12-2011, 07:42 AM
How can you make a prediction 15 years from now when there are new players entering the league every year... For all we know theirs some kid practicing in his yard right now or playing HS ball and will surpass all the top 5 players all time right now and cement his name in history.. Seems unlikely but very much possible...

alencp3
06-12-2011, 08:27 AM
1.MJ
2.Griffin
3.James
4.Kanter
5.Bird

Fly-Eagles-Fly
06-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Now

1. Jordan
2. Wilt
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Bird

In 15 Years

1. Jordan
2. Bryant
3. Wilt
4. Kareem
5. Magic

Khalifa21
06-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Those Cavs teams were so much better than those Lakers teams defensively...Combine that with being in the weaker eastern conference... No doubt in my mind a prime Kobe could carry those Cavs teams offensively as far as Lebron...

You tell which group of players is better

Mo Williams
D West/Parker
Andy V
Big Z/Shaq

vs

Smush Parker
Luke Walton
Kwame Brown
Odom

What Kobe was working with wasn't even close to what Lebron had..

Odom is better than any player LeBron ever had when he was in Cleveland.

Anyway, LeBron led those players to the best record in the NBA and out of the first round of the playoffs. The Lakers players are worse but not '19 more losses' worse... LeBron led that team of scrubs to 61 wins, Kobe led them to 42. There's your difference.

nickdymez
06-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Kobe CAN get into the top 5, but I am not predicting it. LeBron's statistics honestly take a dump on Kobe's when we really examine them, which is why I think if he gets a couple or more rings, he will indeed move into the top 5.

You have to remember, this is year one of the LeBron/Heat. There will be plenty more years for LeBron to keep making his case. And the series isn't over by any stretch either. LeBron is also the reason they are even in the finals, don't forget that.

You asked us to provide a prediction. I am basing mine off the my PREDICTION that the Lakers have a very, very small window right now going forward, Kobe is in decline, and I just don't think he can climb much more than where he currently is. His numbers aren't going to get better. Another rings helps a bit I suppose, but Kobe's legacy is already cemented imo. LeBron is just getting the major part of his going now, and has a huge statisical edge on almost anyone who has ever played.

Now, if Bron gets hurt, or his production fails to stay dominant for a number of years going forward, or if he continues to fail on the biggest stage, then of course I leave him well out of my top 5.

I am simply giving my prediction

Watching these finals should show you just how pointless statistics are in certain situations and what separates really good players from all time great players

Hawkeye15
06-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Watching these finals should show you just how pointless statistics are in certain situations and what separates really good players from all time great players

sorry bud, but they are indeed important when we take a look back at player's careers, and then rank them. This is exactly why trying to rank players while using short term memory doesn't work.

ManRam
06-12-2011, 12:16 PM
A ton of players can average 35ppg on 45% shooting??? :laugh2: wow... This has to be one of the biggest bs lines I've ever read on psd

How do you not expect people to think your a Kobe hater when you say something like that??

That last comment was a dumb one. I'll agree. Although, there is no doubt that a good 10 or so players, if they hoisted that many shots a game (27) could score 35 points a game.

I will say, that year, Iverson averaged 2.4 fewer points on 1.9 fewer shots. LeBron averaged 4 fewer points on 4.1 fewer shots. Either of those guys shoot more, or even as much as Kobe, they score more. Thing is, they didn't (both averaged over 6.6 assists that year) and never were that selfish.

Bryant's efficiency was not good. He didn't crack the top 40 that year in points per shot. Again, both Iverson and James did.

The dude shot the ball 27 times a game! That's absurd. The leader this year was Monta, who the whole world calls selfish, and he shot it 20.1 times a game.

Retract that statement, and check the rest of the post. Or do you not want to?

drobe86
06-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Why are we talking about Kobe Bryant? His team got swept in the 2nd round vs. MY Dallas Mavericks. Add that to the fact that they lost game 4 by 40 points...

FadeAwayLikeMJ
06-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Lebron is the greatest woman to play in the NBA hands down

completely unneccesary, but hysterical :clap::clap:

lionel
06-12-2011, 12:41 PM
as a kings fan, i hate the lakers. however, how is kobe not a top 5 player?? I would even rank him as high as number 3. i just cant understand how he is not a top 5.

ManRam
06-12-2011, 12:43 PM
as a kings fan, i hate the lakers. however, how is kobe not a top 5 player?? I would even rank him as high as number 3. i just cant understand how he is not a top 5.

I think plenty of people have articulated why he's not a top 5 player, and explained why a hell of a lot better than you are explaining why he is.

yankees_fan_crz
06-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Kobe has enough rings, but he also needs a couple more regular season scoring and MVP titles to his resume.

Until then he is not top 5!

Lebron needs rings and lots of them!

RaidersLakers24
06-12-2011, 01:19 PM
The problem I have with you guys is that almost every analyst says if Kobe wins 1 more ring he will be in the top 5! But then everyone here who I know doesn't like Kobe very much doesn't think he'll ever be top 5 no matter what he does and that's just absurd! Sure kobes stats will decline but he will be breaking records doing so... But hey atleast alot more people agree that he is a top 5 player then those who don't ! Congrats 2 the smart ones!

Jewelz0376
06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Odom is better than any player LeBron ever had when he was in Cleveland.

Anyway, LeBron led those players to the best record in the NBA and out of the first round of the playoffs. The Lakers players are worse but not '19 more losses' worse... LeBron led that team of scrubs to 61 wins, Kobe led them to 42. There's your difference.

That's where we disagree because I think Kobe with his team alone could've gotten at least 5-10 more wins just being in the east (they won 45 games in west)...then put him on a better Cavs team I think they win close to the same amount or at least could get to the 2nd rd like Lebron did....

Jewelz0376
06-12-2011, 05:52 PM
That last comment was a dumb one. I'll agree. Although, there is no doubt that a good 10 or so players, if they hoisted that many shots a game (27) could score 35 points a game.

I will say, that year, Iverson averaged 2.4 fewer points on 1.9 fewer shots. LeBron averaged 4 fewer points on 4.1 fewer shots. Either of those guys shoot more, or even as much as Kobe, they score more. Thing is, they didn't (both averaged over 6.6 assists that year) and never were that selfish.

Bryant's efficiency was not good. He didn't crack the top 40 that year in points per shot. Again, both Iverson and James did.

The dude shot the ball 27 times a game! That's absurd. The leader this year was Monta, who the whole world calls selfish, and he shot it 20.1 times a game.

Retract that statement, and check the rest of the post. Or do you not want to?

Yea I'll agree that AI or Lebron could probably do it, but I don't think anyone else could've not while shooting 45%...

Although you don't seem to think so shooting 45/35/85 are pretty good shooting %'s....

And yea I read your whole post and its the same arguments I'd heard from over and over on here for specific posters..

What makes kobe a top 10 player is not because he had a few years that blow away everyone else statistically...Or that his career stats are mind blowing..Its the fact that Kobe's been the best 2 guard in the league since the 99-00 season..Maybe a few seasons some would say AI was better but Kobe was great on both sides on the ball so he was always ahead of AI in my mind and I'm on of the biggest AI fans out there...

He's been the best player at his position for over a decade...not many players can say that....

Add that to the fact that's he won more than most other players...Now you can say he won because he has the best team...but to me those teams were the best because they had Kobe...

magic0320
06-12-2011, 06:13 PM
at least we are not baby like you :clap:

it's fun to watch how much people get mad when kobe's fan put kobe on top 5

--23--
06-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Top 5
1.MJ
2.Bill Russell
3.Kareem/Wilt
4.Wilt/Kareem
5.Magic

6.Bird
7.Hakeem
8.Big-O
9.Shaq
10.Duncan

Top 5, 15 years from now = Same

DoubleDragon
06-12-2011, 07:32 PM
says the guy that thinks kobe is having a hard time being a top 5 laker lol :facepalm: what did kobe ever do to you to make you hate him so much? lol

He didn't go to the Knicks for one;)

This thread is a joke. If you think Kobe's top 5, all of a sudden you're absolutely wrong. Just another Kobe bashing hater thread. :yawn: or Kobe vs LeBron-fest.

It's tired.

History will always reveal the truth anyways. Top 5, Top 10, all just POV depending on certain (personal) criteria anyways.
But if you think Kobe's top 5, prepare to hear some of the most lopsided ignorant, irrelevant bashing ever.
I appreciate ALL the games best players including MJ, Oscar, Magic, Kobe, Wade, LBJ, Nash, Nowitski, Bird, Shaq, KG, Pistol Pete..on and on.
They all have their own contributions to the game, mark on history, exciting moments, personal style of play, etc.

Flashsides
06-12-2011, 09:40 PM
My top 5 right now are

1.MJ
2.Earvin"magic"Johnson
3.Kareem
4.Wilt chamberlain
5.Bill rusell

1MJ
3.MAGIC
4.Kareem
5.WILT

So this thread is just basically a vehicle for you, as a Lakers fan, to say that Kobe will be #2 all time.

RaidersLakers24
06-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Top 5
1.MJ
2.Bill Russell
3.Kareem/Wilt
4.Wilt/Kareem
5.Magic

6.Bird
7.Hakeem
8.Big-O
9.Shaq
10.Duncan

Top 5, 15 years from now = Same

Nice try of keeping Kobe out of your top 15 just to protect your boy MJ, are you that scared??
Kobe is a top 6-7 player now and he's only gonna get closer to that number #2 or #3 spot!