PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron having an unusually average series or has teams figured him out?

NetsPaint
06-10-2011, 06:39 PM
He is a great player no doubt, but when he was in Cleveland, he barreled through the defense like it was nothing/got calls. Has teams had enough of this and just figured out that his speed strength isn't impossible to stop, or has the refs just stopped letting him getting every one of those calls?

Help me out here, was his "barreling through the lane calls" been heavily reduced in the regular season too?

TylerSL
06-10-2011, 06:47 PM
ok, yet ANOTHER Lebron/Heat thread but I just think he is worried about getting in Wade's way. He needs to be more agressive but doesnt think he should just take over the game like he did against Chicago.

Evolution23
06-10-2011, 06:49 PM
He can't handle the pressure, plus Karma is a *****.

Havoc Wreaker
06-10-2011, 06:49 PM
A player with the skill set Lebron possesses can not be figured out. All he needs to do is learn a post-up game and he would be unstoppable. Marion is playing him perfectly and when it's Kidd, he's also been great.

Stop putting everything he does under a microscope, Jesus, I hate him as much as the next guy but things are getting ridiculous

Havoc Wreaker
06-10-2011, 06:50 PM
He can't handle the pressure, plus Karma is a *****.
Karma for what? If I may ask.

metsfan4ever
06-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Remeber its tough to shoot with hands around your neck

NetsPaint
06-10-2011, 06:51 PM
A player with the skill set Lebron possesses can not be figured out. All he needs to do is learn a post-up game and he would be unstoppable. Marion is playing him perfectly and when it's Kidd, he's also been great.

Stop putting everything he does under a microscope, Jesus, I hate him as much as the next guy but things are getting ridiculous
It's not that though, wouldn't you agree a LOT of points in the past came from that kind of play? I know he's a great player either way.

Bullsfan22
06-10-2011, 06:51 PM
he's having a stretch of bad games at the worst possible time. He's a future top 10 greatest player of all time nobody figures those kind of players out. Give credit to the mavs underrated team defense.

TheRunKiller
06-10-2011, 07:06 PM
i think he's scared he wants to be the man but he doesn't want to be the man

LakersA's49ers
06-10-2011, 07:06 PM
hes been diagnosed with a case of bighead-itis

TheRunKiller
06-10-2011, 07:08 PM
http://katchop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/lEbRON-CHOKE-copy.jpg

llemon
06-10-2011, 07:10 PM
i think he's scared he wants to be the man but he doesn't want to be the man

I think you've hit it on the head.

If Lebron is going to be the de facto PG, he has to be running that ball up the court, not taking the air out of the ball.

albertc86
06-10-2011, 07:26 PM

I think Kobe does a pretty good job.

If there was any doubt, his performance should show you who is really the captain of that team --- Wade. Other than having great regular season performances, LeBron hasn't really accomplished anything. That's why it confuses me why LeBron has always received more recognition than Wade.

Crackadalic
06-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Its just a bad matchup. Lebron is guarded by Marion who is still a really good defender and Stevenson. D-wade is being guarded by midgets. Now you see why one is having a better series then the other

heyman321
06-10-2011, 07:33 PM
I think Kobe does a pretty good job.

If there was any doubt, his performance should show you who is really the captain of that team --- Wade. Other than having great regular season performances, LeBron hasn't really accomplished anything. That's why it confuses me why LeBron has always received more recognition than Wade.

What? Lebron destroyed the Celtics and Bulls, but he's just having a really bad series this time around.

Interesting to note: When Wade was out, Lebron was like 6-8 or something, and when Wade was back in he played terribly.

Doogolas
06-10-2011, 07:35 PM
It's sample size, nothing more or less.

It might also be some weird thing in his head. But I'd put my money on sample size and tired legs WELL before that.

Sixerlover
06-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Face, Palm.

KingPosey
06-10-2011, 07:39 PM
ok, yet ANOTHER Lebron/Heat thread but I just think he is worried about getting in Wade's way. He needs to be more agressive but doesnt think he should just take over the game like he did against Chicago.

See people keep coming up with this. He wasnt worried about it at any point during the season, he isnt going to all the sudden be worried about what Wade thinks now. The team differed to LBJ all season once they found out adjusting his game wasnt working, and thats when they got hot.

He just has lost his rhythm, and is clamming up in the clutch. You really cannot deny it anymore at this point.

lakerboy
06-10-2011, 07:54 PM
What? Lebron destroyed the Celtics and Bulls, but he's just having a really bad series this time around.

Interesting to note: When Wade was out, Lebron was like 6-8 or something, and when Wade was back in he played terribly.

Interesting to note too: When the game was on the line, Heat up by 4, Lebron took over. They lost by 7

albertc86
06-10-2011, 08:14 PM

Bad time to have a bad series, don't you think? And what bearing does LeBron dominating the Celtics or Bulls have on this series? None. Like I said, aside from regular season accolades, he hasn't accomplished the ultimate goal which is winning a title. A player of his stature should have a ring already.

raiderfaninTX
06-10-2011, 08:15 PM
even as a person who has mixed emotions on lebron

the only thing i can really compare it to is peyton manning in football guy is awesome and then when it comes to really big games he just finds a way to screw it up

Honest question it looks like lebron is throwing up a crap load of threes in the fourth when they are not needed and missing them at that, why is this?

llemon
06-10-2011, 08:20 PM
even as a person who has mixed emotions on lebron

the only thing i can really compare it to is peyton manning in football guy is awesome and then when it comes to really big games he just finds a way to screw it up

Honest question it looks like lebron is throwing up a crap load of threes in the fourth when they are not needed and missing them at that why is this?

Lebron just ain't bringing it at this point. Heat players are saying trash talk easily upsets Lebron.

We'll see what happens in game #6

gaughan333
06-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't think you can "figure" lebron out. They are doubling him a lot and he's finally not getting a foul every time anyone comes close to him.

Sadds The Gr8
06-10-2011, 08:38 PM
heat threads are breaking records today

smith&wesson
06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
LEBRON COUGHED ... lets make a thread

LEBRON TOOK A CRAP .. lets make a thread

LEBRON SLIPPED AND FELL ... lets make a thread.

LEBRONS MOM, LEBRONS GF, LEBRONS PAPI.... lets make a thread.

ects... ects...

NetsPaint
06-10-2011, 08:47 PM
LEBRON COUGHED ... lets make a thread

LEBRON TOOK A CRAP .. lets make a thread

LEBRON SLIPPED AND FELL ... lets make a thread.

LEBRONS MOM, LEBRONS GF, LEBRONS PAPI.... lets make a thread.

ects... ects...
Him not getting to the lane as much covers a lot more time than it takes him to do daily activities.

smith&wesson
06-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Him not getting to the lane as much covers a lot more time than it takes him to do daily activities.

not bashing you or your thread bro. but you have to admit that the amount of lebron threads made in the last two days have been overwhelming.

NetsPaint
06-10-2011, 09:10 PM
not bashing you or your thread bro. but you have to admit that the amount of lebron threads made in the last two days have been overwhelming.
Oh yeah definitely, and it did run through my mind while creating the thread:laugh2:.

ManRam
06-10-2011, 09:19 PM
If Chicago couldn't "figure" LeBron out, Dallas most certainly haven't. He's having an average series...it's on him. He's been too willing to pass and never has gotten in position. They have doubled him far more than any other team, so maybe that is working...

But Dallas hasn't all of a sudden found the easy way to make LeBron play "average". It's more on Bron than it is on Dallas IMO.

The Final Boss
06-10-2011, 09:21 PM
He's playing the wrong position, he's a quarterback not a power forward...

llemon
06-10-2011, 09:35 PM
If Chicago couldn't "figure" LeBron out, Dallas most certainly haven't. He's having an average series...it's on him. He's been too willing to pass and never has gotten in position. They have doubled him far more than any other team, so maybe that is working...

But Dallas hasn't all of a sudden found the easy way to make LeBron play "average". It's more on Bron than it is on Dallas IMO.

Correct. Lebron is playing scared.

jockrider
06-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Karma for what? If I may ask.

not joining his team:shrug:

ManRam
06-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Correct. Lebron is playing scared.

I don't think "scared" is the word I'd use...he's not "scared" of Dallas, and he's not scared to fail...I think he's just being passive and when the double comes he's TOO willing to pass. He's trying to keep everyone else in rhythm, and it's working, but they need him to be a scorer more than a PG at times...and when those times come, he's not doing it.

MalZee24
06-10-2011, 09:49 PM
he's missing shots he usually makes. shooting slump. happens to the best. but we gotta credit the mavs D. they swarm him and do a great job at closing off lanes and sending help whenever he looks to attack. Marion and Kidd have done a solid job defending him and even Stevenson a little bit. I wouldnt say teams have figured out lebron cuz he simply cant be stopped. he's just having an off last 3 games.

MalZee24
06-10-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't think "scared" is the word I'd use...he's not "scared" of Dallas, and he's not scared to fail...I think he's just being passive and when the double comes he's TOO willing to pass. He's trying to keep everyone else in rhythm, and it's working, but they need him to be a scorer more than a PG at times...and when those times come, he's not doing it.

I agree he's being too unselfish. He needs to start being more selfish, especially in the 4th. Nobody in the nba can stop him. He's got to stop being so unselfish and look to score like he usually does.

ManRam
06-10-2011, 09:53 PM
26 assists the last 3 games...only 14 points a game though.

Too passive. He's not shooting enough.

llemon
06-10-2011, 09:53 PM
he's missing shots he usually makes. shooting slump. happens to the best. but we gotta credit the mavs D. they swarm him and do a great job at closing off lanes and sending help whenever he looks to attack. Marion and Kidd have done a solid job defending him and even Stevenson a little bit. I wouldnt say teams have figured out lebron cuz he simply cant be stopped. he's just having an off last 3 games.

Sorry, but it is very obvious that Lebron is playing scared.

Let's see if that changes. But it better change quick

ManRam
06-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Scared and passive aren't synonymous.

How can you tell he's "scared" and not just too passive? He's taking big shots, he's not afraid of that. He's just passing the ball when he gets doubled, and doing so too quickly and easily.

But again, articulate how it's "scared".

buch88
06-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Sorry, but it is very obvious that Lebron is playing scared.

Let's see if that changes. But it better change quick

No he's not playing scared. He's being too unselfish and too passive. See mamram's post above for further detail.

NetsPaint
06-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't know about scared, I wouldn't be surprised if the media and others has gotten to him after Game 2 by saying he should have given the ball to Wade because he was playing great.

asandhu23
06-10-2011, 10:01 PM
he is a Master Choker.

ManRam
06-10-2011, 10:01 PM
he is a Master Choker.

Another quality post!

llemon
06-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Scared. Afraid. Lebron is playing like a punk.

justinnum1
06-10-2011, 10:13 PM
he is a Master Choker.

Would you call him a massive choker at the ends of games 4 and 5 in the chicago series and the boston series?

ManRam
06-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Scared. Afraid. Lebron is playing like a punk.

OK. Articulate why you feel this way.

What has he shown that suggests it's one of those three things and not just a case of him being an unselfish, ultra pass-first player who realizes they're doubling him every time and that he can get better looks for other players?

Tony_Starks
06-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Why is Lebron struggling so surprising? Last year against the Celtics.... he's been swept out of the finals before...... he's not exactly the most reliable guy in the world in big situations.

Boston set the blueprint on how to defend him years ago (before they got old) its basically turn him into a jump shooter, which unfortunately he's willing to settle for way too often.

asandhu23
06-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Would you call him a massive choker at the ends of games 4 and 5 in the chicago series and the boston series?

He chokes when it matters the most.

ManRam
06-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Why is Lebron struggling so surprising? Last year against the Celtics.... he's been swept out of the finals before...... he's not exactly the most reliable guy in the world in big situations.

Boston set the blueprint on how to defend him years ago (before they got old) its basically turn him into a jump shooter, which unfortunately he's willing to settle for way too often.

Dallas isn't at all defending LeBron like Boston did...

towlsmoke420
06-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Dallas isn't at all defending LeBron like Boston did...

agreed

VillaMaravilla
06-10-2011, 10:24 PM
maybe he just a choker i mean damn joining Wade to ride his coat tails is the choker thing to do, he cant handle the "heat" on his own......

TheRunKiller
06-10-2011, 10:25 PM

Does that matter now? he needs to do that when it matters most and he's not doing it...stop bringing up old playoff series.

TheRunKiller
06-10-2011, 10:26 PM
He chokes when it matters the most.

x2 :clap:

FriedTofuz
06-10-2011, 10:30 PM

:laugh2: I think lebron really is choking, no MVP that is compared to jordan should ever have a 8pt game performance in the NBA finals while still being in his prime..

sventhedog
06-10-2011, 10:39 PM
so much for improved jumpshot.

i know it's vastly improve especially if you compare it to his ugly jumpshot from his rookie season. but his current outside shot is not 100% reliable.

never really trust his jumpshot more so his fadeaways.

and it's pretty clear he can't handle crucial situations, if you still don't see it, you're either blind, too much of a fan to want to look at it, or not smart enough to notice.

now i understand why he went to miami instead of waiting for the cavs to build around him. he will be the main guy if he stayed in cleveland even if they get to sign a superstar or two. he may not want that as a player.

he can be the main character in his commercials or his mini-shows as long as it's not happening in a real basketball game.

llemon
06-10-2011, 10:41 PM
OK. Articulate why you feel this way.

What has he shown that suggests it's one of those three things and not just a case of him being an unselfish, ultra pass-first player who realizes they're doubling him every time and that he can get better looks for other players?

Articulate? Have you ever heard the expression that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Lebron's performances in the last 2 games is worth a million words.

I know what the main word amongst those million is. FEAR.

enserio
06-10-2011, 10:51 PM
I has has enough with the word has. Stop me if you've has enough.

CHILL20
06-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Who in their right mind would be passive when you see you're team losing in the finals?? It really doesn't make sense, I don't see what excuse could be made for that. Common sense should tell him his team needs him to score more. I've been watching the games and body language tells you a lot more than what comes from a players mouth or stats. There were times out where he almost looked like he didn't even give a damn.

That's pretty telling...a "superstar" player should never give you that kind of vibe and especially of all places the finals. In this last game there were stretches where he would just camp in the corner behind three-point line or just jog down the court like he had no worries...then he acts like he bing aggressive with that one quick drive to basket for that lay up at the end when the game is already over. Makes absolutely no sense for a guy who says winning is all that matters and he's thirsty for a ring. Just look at the way Wade is playing and compare it to Lebron...HUGE difference.

And I'm talking about simple effort alone, I'm not seeing that. Hell, I'm seeing Mario Chalmers play with more heart at this point and the rest of the bench. Something else is going on here, you don't play with that kind of effort in the first three rounds and then suddenly just stop...no way. It's looking suspiciously like what he did in the playoffs last year in those last couple of games against Boston...

llemon
06-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I has has enough with the word has. Stop me if you've has enough.

has

jockrider
06-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Does that matter now? he needs to do that when it matters most and he's not doing it...stop bringing up old playoff series.

haha wound still fresh huh?