PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone not love this Dallas Maverick team?

pables21
06-10-2011, 04:45 PM
I am not a Mavs fan (Pacers are my team), but how could a true basketball fan not enjoy watching this Dallas Maverick team? They have been a joy to watch during this incredible postseason run and are 1 game away from winning it all. Just a few traits about them that really stand out:

1) This team REFUSES TO QUIT. They have had countless comebacks throughout this playoff run, and its because they never quit and always seem to remain calm and in the moment. This is what a veteran team can do, and it's been amazing to witness.

2) The Mavs are ON A MISSION. You can tell that they only had one goal this postseason, and that is to erase the memory of 2006 by winning an NBA title. Every player has completely bought in to this and is giving their all in every game. They are driven and it shows in their unselfishness, composure and even their post-game celebrations. They have been very business-like during this playoff run and haven't had a huge celebration yet. Again, this is the mark of a hungry veteran squad who knows this could be their last chance at winning a ring.

3) This Mavericks team is truly an amazing TEAM. This group of players has no selfishness in them. Everyone knows their role and have displayed "team" basketball in its finest form. Their ball movement, passing, commitment to team defense and basketball IQ are a thing of beauty, and it all starts with Jason Kidd. He controls the pace of this team and everyone else follows his lead. Dirk knows when to look for his shot and when to kick it out to an open teammate. Jason Terry knows when to push the tempo and hit big shots. Tyson Chandler mans the middle but also knows when to make himself an option running to the basket. They just play basketball the right way and with class.

If I were a Mavericks fan, I would be extremely proud of how they have played in this postseason. They are not the most talented team out there, but their brand of basketball has beaten the likes of Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, and they are one game away from also beating Dwyane Wade and LeBron James. What a great team

TylerSL
06-10-2011, 04:48 PM
I dont not like the Mavs. I want Kidd and Dirk to (at somepoint) get a ring. I said this in some of the WCF Game Threads. But the Heat are in the Finals, so I'm not just going to root for the Mavs. If the Mavs do win, I would hate it cuz the Heat lost, but at the same time, I would be happy for Dirk and Kidd. If any other team but the Heat were in the Finals, I would be all for the Mavs to win.

210Don
06-10-2011, 04:48 PM
a spur fan?

DoJoTheSlasher
06-10-2011, 04:49 PM
a spur fan?

A spur fan who gives Dirk no credit and thinks that Tim Duncan's toe nail is better than him.

Havoc Wreaker
06-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Because they're a fan of another team? :confused:

210Don
06-10-2011, 04:50 PM
A spur fan who gives Dirk no credit and thinks that Tim Duncan's toe nail is better than him.

lol :confused::confused: timmy is not better than dirk at this point....
all time yes not today.
and i love dirk he has great character just hate the players around him

Hellcrooner
06-10-2011, 04:57 PM
because you feel if your team was well rested and had no internal and personal problems we wouldnt be talking bout the mavs since some weeks ago?

pables21
06-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Ok ok obviously if you are a Mavs rival or your team lost to them, guess I asked the wrong question. I've never had anything against Dallas, but i've also never been a fan of theirs. However, they have gained a lot of respect from me with this postseason run, and they have truly been a joy to watch. I just really like the way they play basketball, it's entertaining and effective. As a fan of good basketball, these guys are just fun to watch.

smith&wesson
06-10-2011, 05:06 PM
They have done well. imo they would have really benifited if butler was healthy as well. who rememebers the start of the season when butler was healthy ? the mavs were ripping through teams.

NothingbutWill
06-10-2011, 05:07 PM
I am not a Mavs fan but I do like a few players on the team. Kidd, Peja, Barea and maybe Dirk. I think Kidd deserves a ring before he retires.

miller74
06-10-2011, 05:12 PM

They're not really comparable, at this point yes dirk is much better but career? Sorry Timmy D's resume speaks for itself, and im not a fan of either team.

Sadds The Gr8
06-10-2011, 05:13 PM
don't love them but i respect the team and want to see Dirk, Kidd and Terry get a ring. I mainly just want miami to lose.

mfb_lt1birdman
06-10-2011, 05:20 PM
As a basketball fan these finals have been very, very good. Close games, lots of star power, and Dirk has really blown me away with his clutch play time and time again. I'm still pissed they swept LA, but going up and down their roster its really tuff to dislike any of them. I will like them so much more if they can beat the Heat. Then next year I hope LA has the chance for revenge. Until then Go Mavs!

Tony_Starks
06-10-2011, 05:25 PM
I love hot women, booze, and hot women. Not sure if there's any room left in my heart for Dallas, sorry!

Game_Over
06-10-2011, 05:26 PM
I am cheering for the Mavs all the way, I would be cheering for the Lakers if they were playing Miami and I hate the Lakers. I just really never want Melo and Lebron to win a ring so I will cheer on any team that plays them!!

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Considering this was a team that lost in round 1 the past 3 years and then got Chandler and are now one win from a title goes to show sometimes teams that are actually good for years are only at times a role player away from winning and really don't have to load up on star talent.

Da Knicks
06-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I am cheering for the Mavs all the way, I would be cheering for the Lakers if they were playing Miami and I hate the Lakers. I just really never want Melo and Lebron to win a ring so I will cheer on any team that plays them!!

so much hate...:(

Fargus
06-10-2011, 05:39 PM
I am not a Mavs fan but I do like a few players on the team. Kidd, Peja, Barea and maybe Dirk. I think Kidd deserves a ring before he retires.

maybe Dirk? You shouldn't be posting in this thread. He wanted responses from true basketball fans. No true basketball fan could find a reason to not like Dirk!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-10-2011, 05:41 PM

Lol you sound like a pissed off Nugget fan.

But to comment on the actual thread. I've always liked Dirk the Clerk, Kidd, JET. But I like LeBron more then any of them 3 so I want Bron to get his ring.

KingsPhillies
06-10-2011, 05:56 PM
I don't love the Mavs, but I am rooting for them to win at this point. They've played their ***** off this postseason, and I just think they deserve it more. They've maintained their composure very well, and have flat out refused to quit. To me they look like a championship team. I don't see that in the Heat right now. And since I neither like nor dislike either of these teams, I'm going to root for who I think deserves and wants it more...the Mavericks.

AnalyzeNShoot
06-10-2011, 06:08 PM
easy. Be a Heat Fan.

Game_Over
06-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Lol you sound like a pissed off Nugget fan.

But to comment on the actual thread. I've always liked Dirk the Clerk, Kidd, JET. But I like LeBron more then any of them 3 so I want Bron to get his ring.

I would rather be a pissed off Nuggets fan than a bandwagon jumper like you. Your not even a fan except for Melo lol..

ManRam
06-10-2011, 06:27 PM
I love Dirk, and I like this team for sure. Been rooting for them all throughout the WC playoffs. Got some flack when I said they'd beat LA and make it to the Finals. However, I love playing Devil's advocate ;)

But if we're giving them the "find whatever dirt on them we can because we hate them" treatment like the Heat get...

Kidd: assaulted his wife.

DeShawn: charged for statutory rape, a misdemeanor for fighting. the scrub that calls out all the stars, but we ignore it because he's a scrub.

Terry: got the NBA Finals trophy tattooed on him. Imagine if LeBron did that?!? He'd be ripped to shreads for such a display of arrogance and cockiness.

Butler: has been arrested over 15 times in his life.

There. I found a reason to hate them! ;)

Uncle Chuck
06-10-2011, 06:27 PM
The only thing I have against the Mavs team is Tyson Chandler. For no fault of his own, but I had semi-high expectations for the Tyson/Curry Duo when the Bulls drafted them. Glad to see he's finally a front line center in the league. I just wish it would have been with the bulls.

210Don
06-10-2011, 06:51 PM
I love Dirk, and I like this team for sure. Been rooting for them all throughout the WC playoffs. Got some flack when I said they'd beat LA and make it to the Finals. However, I love playing Devil's advocate ;)

But if we're giving them the "find whatever dirt on them we can because we hate them" treatment like the Heat get...

DeShawn: charged for statutory rape, a misdemeanor for fighting. the scrub that calls out all the stars, but we ignore it because he's a scrub.

Terry: got the NBA Finals trophy tattooed on him. Imagine if LeBron did that?!? He'd be ripped to shreads for such a display of arrogance and cockiness.

lol damn didnt know all that, :mad: i hate all those guys. dirk is surrounded by a buncha punks with no character.
and i made my opinion by what i see on the court.

LJEATON26
06-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Can't stand either team still playing. The Heat because of the celebration and the Mav's not because of their players but because of Mark Cuban. He is probably the only person in the NBA thats as big of a cry baby as Lebron.

NYtilIdie
06-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Jason Terry alone makes me hate every single one of them aside from Dirk and Kidd.

CountSackula
06-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I don't love them, but they are a bit more likable now that Cuban isn't being himself. I enjoy watching them play and I want to see Kidd and Dirk to get their rings.

Bruno
06-10-2011, 07:31 PM
x2. I was having this discussion with friends last night.

marj987
06-10-2011, 07:40 PM
More than anyone....The Mavericks deserve to win an championship...

marlinsfan24
06-10-2011, 07:44 PM

DeShawn and Terry celebrate on the court as much as anyone on the Heat, but that's overlooked quite often.

Ebbs
06-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Or you could love us because you hate the Heat and want to spite the super team. :shrug: I don't care just love the love.

jbeezy
06-10-2011, 07:47 PM
GO Mavs!!!

smokeosama
06-10-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm pulling for the Mavs because I want to see Dirk get a ring. I also wouldn't be able to stand the entire summer of ESPN, Rachel Nichols, and the Heat championship coverage. :mad:

DamnGoat
06-10-2011, 08:02 PM
I've always liked Dirk and Kidd was one of my favorite players for a really long time. Even if the Bulls were playing the Mavs I don't think I'd take it that hard if we lost, that's how much I like them and want them to win. Plus they're playing the Heat and it's really easy to root against that team.

ManRam
06-10-2011, 08:04 PM
DeShawn and Terry celebrate on the court as much as anyone on the Heat, but that's overlooked quite often.

I've long thought that if LeBron or Wade did Terry's stupid jet thing after every basket how much **** they'd get for it...

They do celebrate a ton. That jet thing irks me.

ManRam
06-10-2011, 08:05 PM
More than anyone....The Mavericks deserve to win an championship...

Why? Because you're a Mavs fan?

MiamiWadeCounty
06-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I actually like this Mavs team as a Heat fan. The only person I don't like is Jason Terry. I don't like his cocky personality, although he has backed up his talk so I give him credit.

marlinsfan24
06-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I've long thought that if LeBron or Wade did Terry's stupid jet thing after every basket how much **** they'd get for it...

They do celebrate a ton. That jet thing irks me.

Yup. And imagine if the Heat players were thrash talking as much as Stevenson and Terry have been. Hell would have been raised. But once again, the double standard.

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 08:08 PM
The Mavs winning also puts another franchise in the column as having won a title. Just like Miami winning in 2006 put them in the column as of winning a title. Which is also why it was one of my favorite finals you had two franchises that never won a title in the finals the same year. If my team is not in the finals then this is how I would like things to be.

NBAfan4life
06-10-2011, 08:20 PM
don't love them but i respect the team and want to see dirk, kidd and terry get a ring. I mainly just want miami to lose.

this

ldawg
06-10-2011, 08:29 PM
If there were a high class team in the nba that would be dallas.

Heater4life
06-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I love the Mavs. i obviously root for the Heat and gladly wish diarrea upon the whole Mavs roster. But there a fantastic team. Last night was bonkers, they could not miss!

that being said, Lets go Heat!

JayAllDay
06-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I got one.

Deshawn Stevenson is a ****ing *** clown! Perhaps one of the worst posers in the NBA ever.

Love the rest of the team though! I really wish Butler wasn't hurt, because I think he could have contributed a lot for the Mavs.

CavsYanksDuke
06-10-2011, 09:01 PM
I love hot women, booze, and hot women. Not sure if there's any room left in my heart for Dallas, sorry!

lol this guy's great.

gotoHcarolina52
06-10-2011, 09:27 PM
easy. Be a Heat Fan.

I'm a HEAT fan and I respect the Mavs, but I can't stand Jason Terry, Stevenson and Brian Cardinal. Everyone else on that team is palatable outside of those 3.

Pauleboman
06-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Well it looks like there is alot more than one who doesn`t like the Mavs..Of coarse they are my second favorite team cause I lived there for years too..But Dirk and the Mavs have alot of class and I hope they win..
Go Mavericks beat the Heat!

showtym24
06-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I just cant stand terry. Never could. Will be very happy for Dirk and Kidd if they win.

Slimsim
06-10-2011, 09:42 PM
i only like dirk everyone else on Dallas epically Kidd can kick rocks

ink
06-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Definitely love this team. Overdue for Dirk, Kidd, and Marion to get a ring. Chandler is also a great story, as is Barea. These guys are the perfect underdogs.

Trollin
06-10-2011, 09:58 PM
yes

RCarlson85
06-10-2011, 10:31 PM
It's pretty easy to not like the Mavs. Actually make that really easy. The guys on the Mavs have always been some of my least favorite players, even before playing the Heat in the finals this year. They're a bunch of whiny, flopping *****es.

NBA_Starter
06-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Easy, because Dirk flops around like a fish out of water and Jet runs his mouth just to hear himself talk, it's very easy to not like the Mavs!

MacFitz92
06-10-2011, 10:36 PM
because you feel if your team was well rested and had no internal and personal problems we wouldnt be talking bout the mavs since some weeks ago?

Don't post excuses.

NBA_Starter
06-10-2011, 10:44 PM

:nod::nod::nod:

towlsmoke420
06-10-2011, 10:47 PM
I hate mark cuban but since he been silent i have no reason to dislike them ;)

sventhedog
06-10-2011, 10:49 PM
let me remind you that this team is still missing key players caron butler and haywood.

in fairness to the heat, they also look like their missing a key player in lebron james. but he actually is playing. lol.

theheatles
06-10-2011, 10:55 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/31/2198689/dallas-mavericks-miami-heat-nba-finals-2011-mark-cuban

shiesty mother fcker

Giraffes Rule
06-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't like the Mavs or their owner, but for the most part I respect them. They're great rivals to the Spurs.

I do like Dirk, but that's pretty much it. The rest I either dislike (Kidd, Terry, Stevenson) or just don't care about.

Mambo Kings
06-11-2011, 12:00 AM
The Mavs have done what it takes to win and they deserve credit, but the bigger story is "Where in the world is Lebron James?". For most of this series, Miami has outplayed Dallas, but Dallas has won the end of important quarters (the hallmark of any good team). Miami did let Dallas back in this series, beginning with the Game 2 meltdown, but Dallas took that and ran with it. The Heat played with fire not putting this team away and now find themselves on the ropes.

ldawg
06-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Its funny because Miami is playing an injured Mavs team. Butler and Haywood is not the average scrub.

jockrider
06-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Its funny because Miami is playing an injured Mavs team. Butler and Haywood is not the average scrub.

how is it funny? i swear mavs are getting no credit here spank and sweep the defending champs blame it on pau's girlfriend issue, beat the heat lebron is choking heat suck. no credit whatsoever for dallas.

blastmasta26
06-11-2011, 12:05 PM
I love Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Chandler, and Barea. Terry and Stevenson are cocky and annoying, but otherwise I like the Mavs team a lot.

m26555
06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Yup. And imagine if the Heat players were thrash talking as much as Stevenson and Terry have been. Hell would have been raised. But once again, the double standard.
Guess you must have missed the video where Wade and LeBron were mocking Dirk, which was MUCH worse than simply talking trash on the court. Double standard my *** (and if you remember, I didn't take much issue with Wade and LeBron celebrating Wade's three in game two).

gwrighter
06-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't like the mavericks because they are primarily a jump-shooting team. P&R to a drive n kick every single play, it gets boring.

besides that they have 1 hell of a team, if anything they are a super-team with Kidd, Nowitzky, Marion, Terry, Butler & Chandler anchoring the lane.

DR_1
06-11-2011, 12:35 PM
It's pretty easy to not like the Mavs. Actually make that really easy. The guys on the Mavs have always been some of my least favorite players, even before playing the Heat in the finals this year. They're a bunch of whiny, flopping *****es.

I think you were watching the Heat, not the Mavs.

ne3xchamps
06-11-2011, 12:48 PM
If you live in Miami.

koLohe2133
06-11-2011, 12:49 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/31/2198689/dallas-mavericks-miami-heat-nba-finals-2011-mark-cuban

shiesty mother fcker

Obviously your owner doesn't want to win like cubes.....

It's like getting mad atthe Yankees.....if you're owner was signing Tex and sabathia and arod you'd love it

Slimsim
06-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't think anyone loves Dallas.

I Bet majority of PSD enjoyed watching the mavs get Eliminated in the first round to the warriors or when Wade took over in the finals and beat the mavs in 6 and just last year a 7th seed spurs eliminating the number 2 seed mavs. Before the playoffs even started many of you had Portland winning the series. So i believe it has to do with the fans hating the heats more than loving the mavs

mttwlsn16
06-11-2011, 12:55 PM
beats me :shrug: they are relentless, and dirk is amazing :drool:

jetsforever
06-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Wow. How is someone even stupid enough to do that.

Thanks for the fact of the day.

Crackadalic
06-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Can't say I love them but i do want Dirk and J-kidd to finally get a ring

SportsFanatic10
06-12-2011, 03:45 PM
just like the cowboys i guess the mavs are "america's team" :rolleyes:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I would rather be a pissed off Nuggets fan than a bandwagon jumper like you. Your not even a fan except for Melo lol..

1st off the definition of a bandwagoner is someone who jumps to a GOOD team. (ex: me becoming a Mavericks fan, or a Packers fan etc)

But... Me being the nice guy that I am. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and would much rather be a happy Bandwagoning Knicks fan, then an angry Denver Nugget fan.

magic0320
06-14-2011, 01:38 PM
1st off the definition of a bandwagoner is someone who jumps to a GOOD team. (ex: me becoming a Mavericks fan, or a Packers fan etc)

But... Me being the nice guy that I am. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and would much rather be a happy Bandwagoning Knicks fan, then an angry Denver Nugget fan.

if you are not angry why keep replaying back bro just stop :facepalm:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-14-2011, 04:21 PM
if you are not angry why keep replaying back bro just stop :facepalm:

Cuz if I don't respond then he'll think he shut me up. and I do not want to give him that satisfaction. :)