PDA

View Full Version : If the Mavs don't win this series...

ChiTownPacerFan
06-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Will it be more or less painful than 2006? Granted, being up 2-0 is probably the bigger collapse, this team is only one win away. Honestly, I'm torn, what do you guys think?

Illinirob83
06-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Any time you lose a final it is painful. I don't think it would be more painful then 2006 because I think they were the better team in '06. This year I think the better team, if Lebron gets his head out of his ***, is Miami. I don't think it would be more painful, but it still would sting.

Ebbs
06-10-2011, 02:42 AM
More for me. 1. Because the wound is fresh and two because this team has overcome so much this year, and the last few years to get year. 2. Because we were that close to beating the superteam.

More for Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Peja, Terry, Tyson . . . Because there all in the later half of their careers and all looking for that championship. It may not be the last chance for all of them but it will be for some of them.

MFFL==FML
06-10-2011, 03:47 AM
It would hurt more now for several reasons.

1.) The refs gave the Heat the championship in 06', the Heat didn't really beat the Mavericks. Hurts more to lose in a legit game...
2.) The Mavericks went through significantly tougher teams to get to the Finals.
3.) The Heat have had more HCA series than the Mavericks.
4.) There won't be many more, if any, chances for the Mavericks to do this all over again.

Sure the Mavericks are without Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and Roddy Beaubois, but we are very capable of doing this without them.

210Don
06-10-2011, 03:49 AM

1.) The refs gave the Heat the championship in 06', the Heat didn't really beat the Mavericks. Hurts more to lose in a legit game...
2.) The Mavericks went through significantly tougher teams to get to the Finals.
4.) There won't be many more, if any, chances for the Mavericks to do this all over again.

lol heat didnt beat the mavs?:confused:
howard called a stupid to in one those games, mavs choked....

lets go heat!

sventhedog
06-10-2011, 04:22 AM
of course, this burden comes with leading or winning. this also burden comes with potential and talent - a concept lebron doesn't understand.

TylerSL
06-10-2011, 04:27 AM
yes, but not because people would say the "choke" its because they already lost, and this is probably their last chance. If they lose this series its not because they choked. But Dallas very well could win. I'm getting worried.

TylerSL
06-10-2011, 04:30 AM
lol heat didnt beat the mavs?:confused:
howard called a stupid to in one those games, mavs choked....

lets go heat!

this, people need to take off their blinders. The ref didnt blow a 13 point lead with 6 minutes left in Game 3, didnt call a stupid Time Out in Game 5 so instead of inbounding in the front court, they had to go full court. It wasnt the refs that blew the Mavericks out in Game 4, it was the Heat. Miami just outplayed Dallas in that series, PERIOD..........

Hellcrooner
06-10-2011, 07:42 AM
they would oficially be the worst chokers in the story of sports.

venom518
06-10-2011, 08:03 AM

Sure the Mavericks are without Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and Roddy Beaubois, but we are very capable of doing this without them.

The refs gave the Heat the next 4 straight games? :facepalm:

koreancabbage
06-10-2011, 09:24 AM
well, not really! Heat have the next 2 games at home. this 2-3-2 format is ********, takes away the HCA advantage from Miami cuz 3 games straight in Dallas is rough, let alone anywhere else.

I don't think it would be a choke for Dallas to lose the series as much as Miami not winning at home to stave off elimination

king4day
06-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Losing this series would hurt more since they are so close and have momentum. Also, this might be their last chance as the Bulls and Heat improve and the Mavs continue to get older.

king4day
06-10-2011, 10:20 AM
well, not really! Heat have the next 2 games at home. this 2-3-2 format is ********, takes away the HCA advantage from Miami cuz 3 games straight in Dallas is rough, let alone anywhere else.

I don't think it would be a choke for Dallas to lose the series as much as Miami not winning at home to stave off elimination

Inever liked this format either. They do it so the media doesn't have to do a whole lot of travelling but that's just silly. It really gives the team with 3 straight home games a big advantage should they steal one or both of the first two games.

LongWayFromHome
06-10-2011, 10:25 AM
as a Mavs fan. This one won't hurt as bad because I've already been through it.

(And I'm a Cubs fan so '03 NLCS stung me first.)

When they lost in '06 it destroyed me inside. I guess I'm just a little more numb to it now (I think Dirk is too and that's why he's got such huge balls these days)

koreancabbage
06-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Inever liked this format either. They do it so the media doesn't have to do a whole lot of travelling but that's just silly. It really gives the team with 3 straight home games a big advantage should they steal one or both of the first two games.

exactly, i rather have 3 games straight at home in all honesty. its a huge mental game for the opposing team to be under the rabid fans taunting, acting tough and just chewing the ears off of the opponents.

it gives Dallas the momentum for sure cuz its already hard enough for Miami to win in Dallas. give Dallas props for winning in Miami though.

Law25
06-10-2011, 10:53 AM

Im not trying to start anything, but when has an player ever legitimately deserved 16.2 freethrow attemps for an series.

rabzouz 96
06-10-2011, 11:14 AM

lolwut?

justinnum1
06-10-2011, 11:17 AM
oh yea.

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 11:29 AM
This would hurt because of how old all the players are. In 2006 the players were still quite young.

wjmoffatt
06-10-2011, 11:37 AM
the 06' was the bigger colapse. They had a huge lead in game 3 before losing it. And in that series, they only had to win one of 3 games on the road and they would've had a chance to win it twice at home. This year have to win 1 of 2 on the road, and there are seen as the inferior team, not in my eyes, but by the majority.

Lo Porto
06-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Boston lost last year after being up 3-2 so I don't see this being any kind of choke by Dallas. Miami has home court and has lost only one home game all post season. It would be impressive if Dallas wins one of the next two.

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 11:45 AM
This series very well could be a reverse of the 2006 series. Miami was up 3-2 going to Dallas for games 6 and 7. Now Dallas is up 3-2 going to Miami for games 6 and 7.

AnalyzeNShoot
06-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Although Miami is the better team in this series. If MAVS lose their fans gona be eating their hearts out. They SHOULD of won in 2006, they fail. They should by most votes should will this series, but BUT they need to win in game six if this series goes to games 7 MAVs are not winning. They need to come out on a mission game six!!!

Dnovakovic099
06-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Im not trying to start anything, but when has an player ever legitimately deserved 16.2 freethrow attemps for an series.

If you can go re-watch the game 5 for the ECF this year and if you don't think that the refs have an intentional influence over the game now then you will.

Before all you Heat fans start bashing on me and saying I am a complaining Bulls fan know this, the officiating has been lopsided for the Heat against the Bulls and Celtics, but I do admit the officiating against the Pacers was a little lob sided. The NBA might not be rigged, but little *****es like Wade, LeBron, Boozer (I am a Bulls fan), Kobe, and others make it hard for the officials to officiate a game because they are constantly screaming and flopping. However, if you don't think the NBA is rigged then look back at the Kings vs. Lakers series in 04 I believe. That series is what leads me to believe that the NBA is not completely honest.

justinnum1
06-10-2011, 12:15 PM
If you can go re-watch the game 5 for the ECF this year and if you don't think that the refs have an intentional influence over the game now then you will.

Before all you Heat fans start bashing on me and saying I am a complaining Bulls fan know this, the officiating has been lopsided for the Heat against the Bulls and Celtics, but I do admit the officiating against the Pacers was a little lob sided. The NBA might not be rigged, but little *****es like Wade, LeBron, Boozer (I am a Bulls fan), Kobe, and others make it hard for the officials to officiate a game because they are constantly screaming and flopping. However, if you don't think the NBA is rigged then look back at the Kings vs. Lakers series in 04 I believe. That series is what leads me to believe that the NBA is not completely honest.

cool, and now the officiating is favoring the mavs and not the heat so...

gaughan333
06-10-2011, 12:48 PM
It was the 2002 western conference finals. If you are referring to the lakers v kings series.

Chronz
06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
they would oficially be the worst chokers in the story of sports.
LOL yes because making the Finals and pushing a team featuring the Big3 to the brink of elimination makes them chokers and not overachievers

albertc86
06-10-2011, 01:27 PM
It won't be a bigger collapse than the 2006 series. The Heat are the favorites to win since they have the Wade, Bosh and LeBron.

robdesign13
06-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I think if the refs hand the title over to Wade the way they did last time. Yeah, it'd hurt a lot. Especially since Dirk missed that game winner in game 3.

shep33
06-10-2011, 01:34 PM
This will be worse I think. People have to remember that Dallas' window is closing, and if they lose this series, what happens to their free agents this summer? Chandler, Barea, Butler, Stevenson, Peja... Kidd only gets a year older. These next 2 games can actually seriously alter the makeup of this team.

Hellcrooner
06-10-2011, 01:42 PM
LOL yes because making the Finals and pushing a team featuring the Big3 to the brink of elimination makes them chokers and not overachievers

No , because of 06 because og golden state because of 10 years being the team that "would win it all" and never sealing the deal when it mattered.

Losing a 3-2 up would just cement the chokers image.

Im just stating a fact.

I have reasons to HATE BOTH teams and i wish lockout started TODAY so this years championship was declared DESERTED.

So theres no bias in my answer.

If the question was "iv the heat dont win this series" my answer woudl be that they are the WORST DECEPTION Ever sin NEVER before a team had made the move they made last summer that basically put them in a WIN or BUST situation.
If they win theres no glory for them is just what it was supposed to happen.
if they lose thres noway to circle around them as a TOTAL FAILURE:

RaiderLakersA's
06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I think that I've finally come around to rooting for the Mavs... to support the Cal Alumn, Jason Kidd. I'd like to see him get a ring. So they better win it, because I don't see the Mavs getting back to this point next year.

IDB Josh M
06-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I think that I've finally come around to rooting for the Mavs... to support the Cal Alumn, Jason Kidd. I'd like to see him get a ring. So they better win it, because I don't see the Mavs getting back to this point next year.

Same here. Although it does hurt a little bit that the Mavs swept the Lakers, the Mavs are just playing the best ball I've ever seen them play. As a Laker fan, there is no shame in being beaten by the best.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-10-2011, 03:09 PM
No , because of 06 because og golden state because of 10 years being the team that "would win it all" and never sealing the deal when it mattered.

Losing a 3-2 up would just cement the chokers image.

Im just stating an opinion.

I have reasons to HATE BOTH teams and i wish lockout started TODAY so this years championship was declared DESERTED.

So theres no bias in my answer.

If the question was "iv the heat dont win this series" my answer woudl be that they are the WORST DECEPTION Ever sin NEVER before a team had made the move they made last summer that basically put them in a WIN or BUST situation.
If they win theres no glory for them is just what it was supposed to happen.
if they lose thres noway to circle around them as a TOTAL FAILURE:

fixed.

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't see how you don't pull for the Mavs here. Kidd is 38, Dirk is 33 and most of there players were unwanted by most teams.

Hellcrooner
06-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't see how you don't pull for the Mavs here. Kidd is 38, Dirk is 33 and most of there players were unwanted by most teams.

Since 1985 ive always Rooted agaisnt the team that eliminated my team ( lakers) unless it was against the Celtics.

So, how bout that for a reason to root against mavs.?

Meatmypet
06-10-2011, 03:48 PM

When Wade averages 17 freethrows a game for the series..? Yeah. Lol.

TylerSL
06-11-2011, 04:12 AM

you have to understand something. Wade did not hardly EVER take jumpshots back then. His style of play until he got hurt was run and gun attack the basket, crash and burn, and get to the line. He even got a comercial for it. The fall down 7, get up 8 comercials. That was his game. Once he got hurt (needed surgery on both his left shoulder and left knee) he changed his game into more of an all around play. He started shooting more jumpers/3's. So, I am not saying he deserved EVERY call he got. But he did attack the basket every time he got the ball in his hands. People see he shot 16.2 FT's/game but forget all he did back then was attack, attack, attack.

TylerSL
06-11-2011, 04:34 AM
When Wade averages 17 freethrows a game for the series..? Yeah. Lol.

see above post ^

LakersIn5
06-11-2011, 07:19 AM
2006 would be more painful. because they had homecourt advantage back then. now they are just doing what they were supposed to do which is to win 3 games heading into game 6.

dodie53
06-11-2011, 08:25 AM
once is enough,
twice is too much