PDA

View Full Version : "Lebron James is the next Michael Jordan" Revisited

Il Mago50
06-10-2011, 12:56 AM
First of all, let me say that while I do hate the Heat, Lebron with a passion, and everyone on the team save for Wade, I'm not making a hate rant on either of them.

Lebron James is the best player in the NBA right now, it's almost unanimous among most people that aren't holding Kobe Bryant's late 20's-early 30's still in their head like I was up until I saw Kobe break down this year. He is one of the most unique players that has ever hit the hardcourt with his combination of size, speed, strength, body control, defensive prowess and court vision.

That being said, earlier in these playoffs, Scottie Pippen, ESPN, and others were crowning Lebron James as the successor to the greatest player that has ever laced up his sneakers. At the time, I could see why some people were hopping on the GOAT wagon as Lebron was always among the most talented players we've seen play and it seemed that his late-game struggles that have haunted him for most of his 7 seasons was a thing of the past as he was breaking the backs of the Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls through huge clutch shots and plays that were reminisent of what Jordan did to so many teams throughout his career.

Unfortunately, that's where the Lebron-Jordan similarities end.

In these finals, Lebron has put up very good statistics for almost any other player in this league: 17-18 PPG, 7-8 RPG, 7-8 AST and great defense. The thing is that while those numbers are very good, those are not the numbers one would expect from the best player in the league on the biggest stage of it.

He has deferred time and time again to Dwyane Wade on the offensive end and can be seen standing straight up in the corner a number of times throughout this series, taking himself totally out of the play. He has refused to be aggressive in trying to get to the basket and score against defenders that are not in the same league as Luol Deng and Ronnie Brewer (Marion and Stevenson are good but I'm sorry, a notch below). He has totally disappeared in the fourth quarter of basically every single game and Dirk had almost as many points in tonight's fourth quarter then Lebron has had in every fourth quarter of the series combined.

He is a great player, like I said, don't get me wrong but in the biggest stage where the Bill Russell trophy is on the line, do you think MJ would be passive and let Scottie Pippen take most of the key possessions in the fourth quarter when it matters? Do you think Michael Jordan wouldn't try to beat double teams even if they came? Do you think MJ would defer to an injured teammate who is hobbling and missed half of the game because of it? Do you think Scottie Pippen would need to call out MJ halfway through games begging him to get going and start playing?

No.

The MJ-Lebron comparisons are ridiculous because of how MJ battles and takes it upon himself to try and win that alphadog league status while Lebron is happy playing second fiddle to Wade. The mentality, confidence and swagger that MJ carried at the end of games is legendary while Lebron, other then a short two and a half week span, has never shown. The shots that came out of his hand in the fourth quarter you could almost tell were not going in and there was just something in the way that he shot them that made you think he was praying for one to go in because it would not be otherwise.

Michael Jordan didn't give a **** about fate, luck or chance and even if he missed, he believed that every last second shot he took was going in and he wanted that opportunity.

The comparisons to Michael Jordan are unfair because there will never be another Michael Jordan, simple as that. No one will ever have that combination of competitive streak, ability, drive, ego, and cold blood that he had.

You can call Lebron one of the greats when it's all said and done, but please, please, leave Jordan's name out of the equation...especially if you never watched the Jordan era and are just some post 2000 fan that compares highlights.

The league has been begging for another MJ and when they learned that Lebron had crowned himself "King James", they were salivating, waiting for the moment he took flight as the King of the NBA. That day has not come yet as to be King, you've got to win a ring and have no doubters doing it.

Lebron will continue to be Prince James as long he is ringless and as long as he stays off of that top throne of the league. He might make me eat my words these next two games with great performances and a ring, but as of right now, I think a lot of people should start seriously giving the notion that they might have to wait for another player before finding the true hier to the throne.

towlsmoke420
06-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Im not reading all that

haggis
06-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Im not reading all that

you should.

it was very well thought out.

hugepatsfan
06-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Im not reading all that

:laugh2:

Tmath
06-10-2011, 01:09 AM
MJ > Lebron /thread

towlsmoke420
06-10-2011, 01:10 AM
you should.

it was very well thought out.

No thank you. I do not need to read an article about something I already Know. That Lebron is not Jordan. Not even a little

kozelkid
06-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Where's Jaji these days? :laugh:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-10-2011, 01:11 AM
It's stupid 2 compare 2 great players anyways.

MJ is MJ and at the end of his career, LBJ will leave his own unique legacy.

Tmath
06-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Dirk > Lebron

towlsmoke420
06-10-2011, 01:13 AM
tonight game 5

JJ>Lebron

Terry>lebron

Bosh> lebron

haggis
06-10-2011, 01:17 AM
No thank you. I do not need to read an article about something I already Know. That Lebron is not Jordan. Not even a little

:laugh2:

fair enough.

DaBUU
06-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Lebron is MJ on one of his mediocre nights

sventhedog
06-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Lebron is MJ on one of his mediocre nights

i agree.

lebron is the next scottie pippen. i'd give him that. lebron will come down as the best sidekick ever.

Shareeb_omac2
06-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Mavericks play D on Lebron better than the Bulls did. Your rant about Deng and Brewer holds no weight.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-10-2011, 01:36 AM
MJ>>>>>>>>Kobe>>>>>>>>Lebron

Il Mago50
06-10-2011, 01:37 AM
i agree.

lebron is the next scottie pippen. i'd give him that. lebron will come down as the best sidekick ever.

Don't blame you for not reading it if you didn't it is long but I wanted to give a clear explanation at least if I was going to say it.

If this series has shown anything, it's two things: 1) That this is Wade's team and Lebron is his sidekick. Even though they are both great players in their own way, at the end of the night, your leader is the one that takes the big shots. I'm not taking anything away from Lebron's assists in that 4th quarter but Wade did the same from the passing angle and still managed to take the shots when they counted, like he's done all series.

and

2) Dwyane Wade wants the ring more then Lebron does and it's sad. Wade literally couldn't play half of the game but he struggled and kept getting hit and willing his team back into it. He's been doing it all series and had it not been for him, this series would've been over already since he's the only reason they even won game 3.

Il Mago50
06-10-2011, 01:41 AM
Mavericks play D on Lebron better than the Bulls did. Your rant about Deng and Brewer holds no weight.

Deng and Brewer are better man defenders then the guys the Mavs have on him. They are playing zone and everyone knows that Lebron's shot is his biggest kryptonite as he's extremely streaky and inconsistent with it, especially when he's struggling.

They are playing zone or double teaming him, while the Bulls brought help all the same. He scored and played better against the Bulls because he played better and made shots, that's the explanation. The Bulls, had they had another creator and a bench presence scoring wise, would've been playing the Mavericks in these finals.

LA_Raiders
06-10-2011, 01:42 AM
The Next Great Sidekick...

sventhedog
06-10-2011, 01:48 AM
i forgot to comment on the article. good job on the article.

it is true that these comparisons will be unfair. lebron will never reach jordan's level. you can't take lebron off the leash though. every little thing he does, his arrogance, what he says, his little antics, how he blames other people, parades and his "decisions" pushed him to where he is now. nobody told him to do this or that, it was always his final decision even if he always want to blame somebody else.

as great as he is, he is a sidekick to wade. i don't really see any questions about this especially when you're watching the finals.

some analyst say that lebron is not magic, bird, russel or jordan. they even went as far as saying the lebron is an MJ with magic's playmaking ability. i'll agree with that but i have to tweak that a equation.

lebron = (MJ + magic) minus the fadeaway, 4th quarter or the finals.

NYY NYJ NYK
06-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Lebron's not even worthy of holding Jordan's jockstrap

TheHoopsProphet
06-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Im not reading all that

you cant spare 8 minutes of your time? What will you be doing instead with the 8 minutes?

Il Mago50
06-10-2011, 02:06 AM
i forgot to comment on the article. good job on the article.

it is true that these comparisons will be unfair. lebron will never reach jordan's level. you can't take lebron off the leash though. every little thing he does, his arrogance, what he says, his little antics, how he blames other people, parades and his "decisions" pushed him to where he is now. nobody told him to do this or that, it was always his final decision even if he always want to blame somebody else.

as great as he is, he is a sidekick to wade. i don't really see any questions about this especially when you're watching the finals.

some analyst say that lebron is not magic, bird, russel or jordan. they even went as far as saying the lebron is an MJ with magic's playmaking ability. i'll agree with that but i have to tweak that a equation.

lebron = (MJ + magic) minus the fadeaway, 4th quarter or the finals.

Thanks and yeah you're right on that. While it's unfair to put those comparisons on him, when you give yourself the nicname King James, choose to wear #23, and act the way he does on and off the court, you're asking for the comparisons and attention to be made.

If you're asking for the media attention to take notice of your skills and achievements, then be ready to be scrutinized and criticized for your failures and decisions as well.

There was no reason for "The Decision" to become what it did, even if you apparently did make it into a charity type thing. If you want to raise money for a charity, do what most players do and grab your NBA buddies and throw charity all-star games and fundraisers. He asked to be hated with that by people that would think he was an egomanical idiot, and he asked to be hated by the NBA fans that were disgusted by his actual decision.

Like you said, it's tough to compare players. Earlier this week, I was trying to justify how Shaq was a top 5 player of all-time because of his dominance of the league and instant championship contender like status with any team's roster he was on, a thing only Bird, MJ and Magic trully brought in the modern era. Lebron isn't like any player we've seen because he is what Magic was but was a more refined offensive game.

That being said, I see no trace of Jordan in him because Jordan wasn't nearly as reliant on his physical gifts as Lebron is and has been, powering and bulldozing through guys. Jordan did it with more skill and precision and it was an art-form to watch the guy play the game, while a lot of people have told me Lebron looks "brute" and "ugly" while playing his. He does not have MJ's midrange game which was one of the best we've ever seen by the end of his career and he doesn't have the man-defense or the intangibles MJ brought to the court. Lebron can win 10 NBA first team all-defense but the fact is that he is not a shut down guy and that award means nothing these days and is more of a reputation thing then anything, hence Kobe and KG this year over guys like Allan, Battier, Chandler, etc.

The best comparison I can make for Lebron would be a power hybrid of Magic Johnson, sans any sprinkle of Jordan.

Lakers + Giants
06-10-2011, 02:08 AM
He is the best player in the NBA no doubt. . . but he is overrated. Kobe had been better than him up until last year, but people still say that LBJ's best is better than kobe's best.LMAO. Kobe was a beast on both ends of the court and he get hot every other game. People always say that kobe's FG% sucks but in reality it's because he has always taken difficult/stupid shots. In the end It's still gonna be kobe as the closest thing to MJ, while lebron will be the closest thing to Magic. It's funny how quickly people forget dominant kobe was. One thing is for sure, and most fans can tell you this, the reason many people took Kobe over players like Iverson, Tmac, Nash, and Lebron all those years is because of his ability to close out games. . Nobody else besides MJ scared the **** out of fans at the end of games like the black mamba. .

PS. I do love kissing kobe's ***. :)

MTar786
06-10-2011, 02:28 AM
kobe at 26years old>>lebron at 26

Il Mago50
06-10-2011, 02:30 AM
He is the best player in the NBA no doubt. . . but he is overrated. Kobe had been better than him up until last year, but people still say that LBJ's best is better than kobe's best.LMAO. Kobe was a beast on both ends of the court and he get hot every other game. People always say that kobe's FG% sucks but in reality it's because he has always taken difficult/stupid shots. In the end It's still gonna be kobe as the closest thing to MJ, while lebron will be the closest thing to Magic. It's funny how quickly people forget dominant kobe was. One thing is for sure, and most fans can tell you this, the reason many people took Kobe over players like Iverson, Tmac, Nash, and Lebron all those years is because of his ability to close out games. . Nobody else besides MJ scared the **** out of fans at the end of games like the black mamba. .

PS. I do love kissing kobe's ***. :)

Totally agree on everything here.

It's just like the saying "what have you done for me lately?" where people are keen to forget the past and put emphasis on the present, part of the reason Lebron is even in the same breath as MJ.

When Kobe entered his prime, he was the closest thing, like you said, to MJ we have ever seen. He could kill you with the jumper, blow past you, was still extremely athletic, was a total lockdown defender and most importantly, he ******* made you piss yourself if he had the ball against your team and he put up a late game shot.

He enstilled fear late in games. Lebron has never enstilled fear late in games in the NBA. He has had a few late game moments (vs. Wizards, winner against Orlando) but the fear of the ball as it's released from Kobe's hand is the closest to Jordan we've seen.

The only knock on Kobe I've had as a player is that I have seen him quit. I saw him quit in game 7 of the Suns series where Jordan would have died trying to pull his team back and a couple other occasions. Other then that, he is the best player we've seen since Jordan and the closest thing we've seen to Jordan, period.

I couldn't have put it better myself, Kobe will be the closest thing we see to another MJ while Lebron will be the closest thing we see to another Magic. As players, results and rings thrown out of the window and looking solely on the skillset, intangibles, and style, these comparisons are the most fair.

faridk89
06-10-2011, 02:35 AM
lets face in Wade is 10x the player Lebron is... we saw what the "King" and the princess did with an injured Wade....enough said

Watch out Miami....Z GERMAN IS COMING!

Lakers + Giants
06-10-2011, 02:38 AM
kobe at 26years old>>lebron at 26

Easily, it's just stupid how when kobe 1st won his rings with shaq it was shaq "alone" and did "all the work". Then when kobe had a ****** team of Smush, Walton, Lamar, and Kwame it was kobe's fault. Then he wins 2 rings with Gasol and it's because gasol "saved" kobe. I love gasol but why does shaq get all the credit when being "the man" but not kobe.

When LBJ was with cleveland they brought players to improve the team, players much better than Kwame, Parker, and Walton, yet he didn't have any help. Then Jamison arrives in Cleveland and "OMG!!! they're gonna own the lakers now" but when they don't, AGAIN, it's because LBJ didn't have any help :rolleyes:. When LBJ moves to miami its "OMG!!! not 1, not 2. . . .not 7" now what?!?!!? who's fault is it? Wade's, Bosh, Delonte Wests??!!! when the **** are people gonna say it's Lebrons fault? He's the one that's hurting the team, especially in the 4th. . .not anybody else.

Lakers + Giants
06-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Totally agree on everything here.

It's just like the saying "what have you done for me lately?" where people are keen to forget the past and put emphasis on the present, part of the reason Lebron is even in the same breath as MJ.

When Kobe entered his prime, he was the closest thing, like you said, to MJ we have ever seen. He could kill you with the jumper, blow past you, was still extremely athletic, was a total lockdown defender and most importantly, he ******* made you piss yourself if he had the ball against your team and he put up a late game shot.

He enstilled fear late in games. Lebron has never enstilled fear late in games in the NBA. He has had a few late game moments (vs. Wizards, winner against Orlando) but the fear of the ball as it's released from Kobe's hand is the closest to Jordan we've seen.

The only knock on Kobe I've had as a player is that I have seen him quit. I saw him quit in game 7 of the Suns series where Jordan would have died trying to pull his team back and a couple other occasions. Other then that, he is the best player we've seen since Jordan and the closest thing we've seen to Jordan, period.

I couldn't have put it better myself, Kobe will be the closest thing we see to another MJ while Lebron will be the closest thing we see to another Magic. As players, results and rings thrown out of the window and looking solely on the skillset, intangibles, and style, these comparisons are the most fair.

:clap:, exactly. I do got to admit, it took those 2 rings for me to forget about how he quit on us in 06. . It's just hard to say alright, let me carry Smush, Walton, Lamar, and Kwame. . .I'm not saying he had the right to quit, but i do understand why he did it. You're also right about how we quickly forget about the legends who don't get much recognition. There are so many greats that you can't say that MJ was easily the best, I still think that MJ, Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, Bird, Wilt, Moses and Karl Malone didn't get as much credit as they deserved.

John Walls Era
06-10-2011, 03:03 AM
I use to dislike Lebron when he was with the Cavs. Main reason: People were trying to build him up as the next MJ. But now he has admitted that he is no MJ by signing with the Heat. So I have to give it up for him.

He was never close to being MJ and though talent wise he may have more skills, winning and being able to take over games separates him from being that player.

sventhedog
06-10-2011, 04:33 AM
i therefore conclude that scottie pippen is on drugs.

JJ_JKidd
06-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Lol @ Scottie :facepalm:

NBA-GMaster
06-10-2011, 06:30 AM
not even close with MJ..

SportsAndrew25
06-10-2011, 06:36 AM
The next Michael Jordan my ***. Scoring 2 points in the fourth quarter makes you Jordan? :facepalm:

SportsAndrew25
06-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Scottie Pippen just was angry that Jordan was the man that won titles and he was Robin to his Batman.

onlythisfar41
06-10-2011, 06:58 AM
you cant spare 8 minutes of your time? What will you be doing instead with the 8 minutes?

8 minutes??? what is your reading comprehension at a 5 year old level? Try more like two minutes. Anyway, well thought out post and I agree with everything said in it.

koreancabbage
06-10-2011, 09:38 AM
it took all of 5 games to turn this forum into a lebron hate fest... wow

where the F were you guys during the whole season? freakin hiding till he started to fail. smh

Snakeyestx
06-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Pretty well thought out... not a bad read while you sit down to your morning coffee.

That being said, I agree with the OP but for different reasons.

First off LBJ is taller, heavier, and more phyiscal (due to his size). His play style is very different as well (acrobatically). It's too soon to draw such an honorable comparison because he hasn't put in the years and calmed down yet. Derek Rose, by size and style is more similar to MJ, and yet, everyone already knows it's WAY too soon to draw that comparison. The BIG reason LBJ is no MJ is simple... his sense of humor tends to offend others (maybe deliberately, maybe not). How many times had you heard of MJ mocking other players before games? He seemed more strictly business and less comedy on the floor.

Unfortunately, the closest semblence that has been stuck in the shadow of the MJ era is Kobe Bryant. I wasn't really a fan of Kobe, but it can't be denied how talented he is. He's put in the time, the years, his game has evolved, but you still see glints of acrobatic genius from time to time. I think only after he hangs up the jersey, will he get the praise on the same level and finally be out of the MJ shadow.

I think a more fair assumption of who LBJ could be compared to would be more towards a Magic Johnson or a Julius Irving for size, stature, and playing style.

pacofunk64
06-10-2011, 10:09 AM
But yet you came into the forumn knowing exactly what it would be about :shrug:

it took all of 5 games to turn this forum into a lebron hate fest... wow

where the F were you guys during the whole season? freakin hiding till he started to fail. smh

Pretty sure the hate fest for Lebron has been there all season.

SteBO
06-10-2011, 10:18 AM
LeBron is LeBron, and Michael is Michael. Stop revisiting this crap and let it be people!

koreancabbage
06-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Pretty sure the hate fest for Lebron has been there all season.

it hasn't been this bad. where like 5-6 threads open up after every game about Lebron.

when someone is down, these wolves are lingering

LongWayFromHome
06-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Finals Lebron = Finals J Kidd from 2002, 2003.

Kidd 2002 - 20.8pts, 7.3reb, 9.8ast, 2.3stl, 42min, 1 Trip-Dub, 1 30pt game, led team twice
Kidd 2003 - 19.7pts, 6.2reb, 7.8ast, 1.2stl, 44min, 1 30pt game, led team 3 times
Lebron 11 - 17.2pts, 7.8reb, 7.0ast, 1.8stl, 44min, 1 Trip-Dub, led team scoring 1 once with 24pts

m26555
06-10-2011, 10:50 AM
He's not.

/thread

CubbySwag313
06-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Jud Buechler > Lebron James

SoxBearsBulls!
06-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Jud Buechler > Lebron James

lol:D

Seriously though, as good as LBJ is, he's not even on Magic's level.

LBJ pure talent>Magic pure talent

LBJ overall game + intangibles<<<Magic overall game + intangibles.

I'm not trashing LBJ, he is the best player today but he is not on the GOAT players level.

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Where's Jaji these days? :laugh:

You mean the guy who started posting in the NBA forum as soon as Lebron went to Miami?:)

Shammyguy3
06-10-2011, 12:10 PM
First of all, let me say that while I do hate the Heat, Lebron with a passion, and everyone on the team save for Wade, I'm not making a hate rant on either of them.

Lebron James is the best player in the NBA right now, it's almost unanimous among most people that aren't holding Kobe Bryant's late 20's-early 30's still in their head like I was up until I saw Kobe break down this year. He is one of the most unique players that has ever hit the hardcourt with his combination of size, speed, strength, body control, defensive prowess and court vision.

That being said, earlier in these playoffs, Scottie Pippen, ESPN, and others were crowning Lebron James as the successor to the greatest player that has ever laced up his sneakers. At the time, I could see why some people were hopping on the GOAT wagon as Lebron was always among the most talented players we've seen play and it seemed that his late-game struggles that have haunted him for most of his 7 seasons was a thing of the past as he was breaking the backs of the Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls through huge clutch shots and plays that were reminisent of what Jordan did to so many teams throughout his career.

In these finals, Lebron has put up very good statistics for almost any other player in this league: 17-18 PPG, 7-8 RPG, 7-8 AST and great defense. The thing is that while those numbers are very good, those are not the numbers one would expect from the best player in the league on the biggest stage of it.

He has deferred time and time again to Dwyane Wade on the offensive end and can be seen standing straight up in the corner a number of times throughout this series, taking himself totally out of the play. He has refused to be aggressive in trying to get to the basket and score against defenders that are not in the same league as Luol Deng and Ronnie Brewer (Marion and Stevenson are good but I'm sorry, a notch below). He has totally disappeared in the fourth quarter of basically every single game and Dirk had almost as many points in tonight's fourth quarter then Lebron has had in every fourth quarter of the series combined.

He is a great player, like I said, don't get me wrong but in the biggest stage where the Bill Russell trophy is on the line, do you think MJ would be passive and let Scottie Pippen take most of the key possessions in the fourth quarter when it matters? Do you think Michael Jordan wouldn't try to beat double teams even if they came? Do you think MJ would defer to an injured teammate who is hobbling and missed half of the game because of it? Do you think Scottie Pippen would need to call out MJ halfway through games begging him to get going and start playing?

No.

The MJ-Lebron comparisons are ridiculous because of how MJ battles and takes it upon himself to try and win that alphadog league status while Lebron is happy playing second fiddle to Wade. The mentality, confidence and swagger that MJ carried at the end of games is legendary while Lebron, other then a short two and a half week span, has never shown. The shots that came out of his hand in the fourth quarter you could almost tell were not going in and there was just something in the way that he shot them that made you think he was praying for one to go in because it would not be otherwise.

Michael Jordan didn't give a **** about fate, luck or chance and even if he missed, he believed that every last second shot he took was going in and he wanted that opportunity.

The comparisons to Michael Jordan are unfair because there will never be another Michael Jordan, simple as that. No one will ever have that combination of competitive streak, ability, drive, ego, and cold blood that he had.

You can call Lebron one of the greats when it's all said and done, but please, please, leave Jordan's name out of the equation...especially if you never watched the Jordan era and are just some post 2000 fan that compares highlights.

The league has been begging for another MJ and when they learned that Lebron had crowned himself "King James", they were salivating, waiting for the moment he took flight as the King of the NBA. That day has not come yet as to be King, you've got to win a ring and have no doubters doing it.

Lebron will continue to be Prince James as long he is ringless and as long as he stays off of that top throne of the league. He might make me eat my words these next two games with great performances and a ring, but as of right now, I think a lot of people should start seriously giving the notion that they might have to wait for another player before finding the true hier to the throne.

Deng and Brewer are better man defenders then the guys the Mavs have on him. They are playing zone and everyone knows that Lebron's shot is his biggest kryptonite as he's extremely streaky and inconsistent with it, especially when he's struggling.

They are playing zone or double teaming him, while the Bulls brought help all the same. He scored and played better against the Bulls because he played better and made shots, that's the explanation. The Bulls, had they had another creator and a bench presence scoring wise, would've been playing the Mavericks in these finals.

agree with everything you say, great posts

theheatles
06-10-2011, 12:24 PM
jordan didn't win a championship until he was 28, LeBron is only 26 now...LeBrons career at 26 yrs old > jordans career at 26 yrs old....but we got a lonnnnnnng way to go...

ILMindState
06-10-2011, 12:28 PM
jordan didn't win a championship until he was 28, LeBron is only 26 now...LeBrons career at 26 yrs old > jordans career at 26 yrs old....but we got a lonnnnnnng way to go...

Jordan went to college. It took Jordan 7 years, this is LeBron's 8th.

smith&wesson
06-10-2011, 12:34 PM
closest thing to jordan = kobe

closest thing to magic = lebron

jockrider
06-10-2011, 12:58 PM

is that suppose to make a difference? he's still only 26.

CLASSOF72
06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
LBJ is no Michael Jordan. Sorry some people only believe what the media tells them to believe. LBJ could be a legend based on skill alone, but at the GOAT level it takes the heart and mind of champion to succeed and to date LBJ is still resting on his media given laurels.

Chi StateOfMind
06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
There will NEVER be another Michael Jordan. Period!!!

MJ changed the game forver.

ILMindState
06-10-2011, 01:12 PM
is that suppose to make a difference? he's still only 26.

Well 2 years of college is different than 2 years of NBA don't ya think? And either way Jordan accomplished more at 26 because he had an NCAA title by then. Whatever I'm not gonna get into this argument. My point is age isn't a fair comparison.

HesterTrain
06-10-2011, 01:30 PM

Boom goes the dynamite

Cubs420
06-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Lebron couldnt sniff Jordans jock...

Lebron had 9 points in game 4 of the FINALS... Jordan would have done that on one leg. Lowest amount of points Jordan had in a finals game was 22... Just think about that.

Chronz
06-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Bron wouldnt defer to Scottie either, but he has Wade and Bosh

theheatles
06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Well 2 years of college is different than 2 years of NBA don't ya think? And either way Jordan accomplished more at 26 because he had an NCAA title by then. Whatever I'm not gonna get into this argument. My point is age isn't a fair comparison.

high school to college to the nba is an easier transition than high school to the nba...i think age is a much fairer way to compare, and btw jordan was in college for 3 yrs...so it took jordan 10 yrs since high school, lebron is in his 8th yr since highschool...he still has plenty of time and he's on a team that can help him achieve what he wants...i'm not saying he'll surpass michael but he will get close

PHX2daDEATH
06-10-2011, 01:46 PM
you know what image sticks in my head when I think about LeBron? Reggie Miller mock choking himself while looking at Spike...Its funny because everyone is putting Lebron on this greatest ever or top 5..top 10 all-time player's list already and the guy hasn't even surpassed Reggie on any list, in my mind! What has LeBron done that guys like McGrady Carter or even Iverson didnt do in their younger days? I know that sounds ludicrous to most people and I know LeBron is much more talented, stronger and skilled then those guys but really what has he done, when it really mattered? I think what his problem is, is he's not working on his game enough, he needs a post game when his jumper isn't falling, and he can't shoot from 18-20 feet, so he Jacks threes up instead. One thing ill say is Lebron's brain fart is taking away from how good the Mavs have played in this series..I picked them to win because they are THE better team Miami and they we would be that much more motivated..

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 01:46 PM

No it's not. Lebron had 2 bronze medals already, Jordan none. Lebron lost 2 series with HCA and Jordan none ever.

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
high school to college to the nba is an easier transition than high school to the nba...i think age is a much fairer way to compare, and btw jordan was in college for 3 yrs...so it took jordan 10 yrs since high school, lebron is in his 8th yr since highschool...he still has plenty of time and he's on a team that can help him achieve what he wants...i'm not saying he'll surpass michael but he will get close

1 season in the NBA is equal to 4 seasons of college. Just add up the total games played and minutes and you'll see.

CLASSOF72
06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I agree that it is maturity that is affecting our currant GOAT candidates. College has it value from lessons taught off the court.

IDB Josh M
06-10-2011, 01:52 PM
When the chips were down and the team needed a boost, Jordan put his team on his back and charged head first into the thick of the opposition's defense. His shots dropped, and because of his charging energy, his team got a shot in the arm and were able to close out games to the tune of two three peats.

Kobe does the same thing, but unlike Jordan, his shots didn't always fall, and because of which, his teams fizzled out. Had more of Kobe's shots dropped, maybe .. just maybe he'd have one or two more championships, and be a legitimate contender to GOAT. But, his position in a respectable second place isn't something to scoff at.

Lebron doesn't seem to have that attitude. While his stats are very impressive, keep in mind that Oscar Robinson's stats eclipse even his. The Big O is the only player to average a triple double in a season.

IDB Josh M
06-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Jordan never choked.

Dallas Tx4Life
06-10-2011, 01:54 PM
A week ago I would've told you that there is the possibility of him competing with Jordan for the best ever... Now? After what I've witnessed??? Not a chance... Unless he gets a heart transplant.

theheatles
06-10-2011, 02:00 PM
1 season in the NBA is equal to 4 seasons of college. Just add up the total games played and minutes and you'll see.

being 2 yrs older is being 2 yrs wiser, like jordan, LeBron lost all his series to older players and all time great teams except 1 that he should have won, LeBron lost to a championship caliber pistons team, Lost to the greatest PF of all time in the finals, he was eliminated by a top 10 greatest team ever in the 08 celtics, i'll admit LeBron losing to the magic was a huge failure, and then he lost to the celtics last yr which was a great team...same **** happened to jordan with him losing to championship caliber teams in the sixers, pistons and celtics before he got to the finals and winning a championship...

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 02:04 PM
being 2 yrs older is being 2 yrs wiser, like jordan, LeBron lost all his series to older players and all time great teams except 1 that he should have won, LeBron lost to a championship caliber pistons team, Lost to the greatest PF of all time in the finals, he was eliminated by a top 10 greatest team ever in the 08 celtics, i'll admit LeBron losing to the magic was a huge failure, and then he lost to the celtics last yr which was a great team...same **** happened to jordan with him losing to championship caliber teams in the sixers, pistons and celtics before he got to the finals and winning a championship...

Sorry no, Jordan never lost to the sixers. Also Jordan lost to teams that had a better record than him and the Bulls. Lebron lost in back to back season with the best record. One year lost to someone who in Orlando who was less proven than he was in Dwight and Orlando and the next year to a team that had no all nba members on either the 1st, 2nd nor 3rd team. And I'm not talking about Lebron losing to the Pistons or the Spurs or C's in 2008. I'm talking about the 2009 and 2010 when every analyst picked them to win and they had the best record in the league.

valade16
06-10-2011, 02:07 PM

Except Jordan played out of his mind to try to win those games whereas LeBron has basically given up.

It is telling that he was rumored to have quit in last years playoffs and in this year as soon as the going got tough, LeBron disappeared.

theheatles
06-10-2011, 02:12 PM
at 26
LeBron 2 MVPs
Jordan 1 MVP

look at career totals and accolades for 26 yr old jordan vs 26 yr old LeBron; all nba, all nba defense, all star appearances, mvps^, ...LeBron wins up to this point and i find it highly unlikely LeBron retires or takes a leave of absence because his gambling problems so his stats to age ratio are only going to get better...and with the team LeBron is on now, the multiple championships will come as well

Dallas Tx4Life
06-10-2011, 02:15 PM
at 26
LeBron 2 MVPs
Jordan 1 MVP

look at career totals and accolades for 26 yr old jordan vs 26 yr old LeBron; all nba, all nba defense, all star appearances, mvps^, ...LeBron wins up to this point and i find it highly unlikely LeBron retires or takes a leave of absence because his gambling problems so his stats to age ratio are only going to get better...and with the team LeBron is on now, the multiple championships will come as well

Sure, they might win multiple rings but with him playing the offensive role of a Dennis Rodman, it isn't the same as Jordan's... Lebron has hidden in this whole series and that's not what the best do.

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 02:16 PM
at 26
LeBron 2 MVPs
Jordan 1 MVP

Lebron won't last till 35 and he has 2 bronze medals, that is already a knock not to mention lost 2 series with HCA. And then it the fact the guy is 5th all time in playoff PPG and yet has never even scored that many points in one finals game out of 9 games. Not sure why you would care if you are Heat fan. A true Heat fan would admit that Lebron has been terrible this series and admit that Wade is carrying them since after all it is Wade who has given Miami it's only title.

smith&wesson
06-10-2011, 02:31 PM

i agree, wade is a hell of alot better then scottie on the offensive end.

jockrider
06-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Lebron won't last till 35 and he has 2 bronze medals, that is already a knock not to mention lost 2 series with HCA. And then it the fact the guy is 5th all time in playoff PPG and yet has never even scored that many points in one finals game out of 9 games. Not sure why you would care if you are Heat fan. A true Heat fan would admit that Lebron has been terrible this series and admit that Wade is carrying them since after all it is Wade who has given Miami it's only title.

your going to mention the two bronze but ignore that he wasn't a main player in one of them or that he has won 2 gold ones since.

SignGod
06-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Jordan never choked.

Jordan has choked...everyone chokes atleast once in his career. 95 Bulls vs Magic.....game on the line and Jordan heading up court and Nick Anderson picked his pocket. Need proof?

http://youtu.be/OFs16GWXT_w

There you go. Jordan has missed plenty of game winners, like he said, we just remember the ones he hit!

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Jordan has choked...everyone chokes atleast once in his career. 95 Bulls vs Magic.....game on the line and Jordan heading up court and Nick Anderson picked his pocket. Need proof?

http://youtu.be/OFs16GWXT_w

There you go. Jordan has missed plenty of game winners, like he said, we just remember the ones he hit!

That's not choking when you are the 5th seed and you are losing to the #1 seed.

JordansBulls
your going to mention the two bronze but ignore that he wasn't a main player in one of them or that he has won 2 gold ones since.

He has more bronze medals than gold medals.

SignGod
Still don't get the argument here! LeBron had better accolades at 26 then Jordan....loddie frickin' dah! Jordan had WAY worse teams then Jordan by 26! James had 2 60+ win teams and HCA and did nothing with them! Well Jordan after 26 is what really created his legacy anyways. What's James' gonna be after 26? NOT MJ! If Pippen wasn't high and made a stupid comment none of this would even be a thread! All I hear from Heat fans is....Pippen said, Pippen said! Trust Chicago fans when we say Pip is a moron and has no valid opinion.

SignGod
06-10-2011, 02:50 PM
That's not choking when you are the 5th seed and you are losing to the #1 seed.

It is when your name is Michael Jeffery Jordan! lol! Please...seeding my *****! MJ on an 8th seed can win a title. You know that. The Bulls were better then Orlando. If MJ played the whole season the Bulls woulda been the #1 seed.

jockrider
06-10-2011, 02:54 PM
He has more bronze medals than gold medals.

2004 olympic game - bronze(wasn't a major player)
2006 fiba world championship - bronze
2007 fiba Americas championship - gold
2008 summer olympic games - gold

playaman
06-10-2011, 02:54 PM
MJ has NEVER lost a Finals Series 6 for 6 Baby!
MJ has NEVER pulled up lame in entire 4th quarter in the Finals.
MJ has NEVER left any Bulls fan doubting him in the biggest clutch moments.

I once heard Phil Jackson in an interview say that the overall game plan has never changed in the playoffs... as long as the bulls are within 14 points going into the fourth quarter they feel confident they can pull the game out, EVEN IN THE PLAYOFFS. Do you know how much confidence that is put into 1 person??? This is what made him the legend that he is... Lebron will NEVER be looked at like MJ. I'm just happy to say I "witnessed" MJ throughout his entire career. I wouldn't trade it for any other sports legends era.... To this day we still say "he's the Michael Jordan of this or Michael Jordan of that..." :clap:

theheatles
06-10-2011, 02:57 PM

LeBron will play beyond 35...lebron has 2 gold medals as well to go with his 2 bronze medals just so you know....and like i said losing to the celtics, even with home court advantage, isn't that bad....and yes losing to the magic was a big failure, i'll admit that

A true heat fan defends their players when it's warranted...has LeBrons playoff performance been less than sensational? yeah, sure...17 ppg 7.8 rpg 7 apg 45% from the field...i'll admit game 4 was an atrocious performance...
And trust me, it's still Wade County(Miami-Dade), and wade has been carrying the offensive load and making crucial baskets, leading the series with 28.4 a game to dirks 27 ppg...

but yeah, LeBron at 26 > Jordan at 26

jockrider
06-10-2011, 02:57 PM
phill also said kobe is better than mj, but yeah no one is arguing mj<lebron its obvious mj was and will always be much better.

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 02:59 PM
2004 olympic game - bronze(wasn't a major player)
2006 fiba world championship - bronze
2007 fiba Americas championship - gold
2008 summer olympic games - gold

FIBA Americas isn't against the world.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-10-2011, 03:01 PM
LeBron will play beyond 35...lebron has 2 gold medals as well to go with his 2 bronze medals just so you know....and like i said losing to the celtics, even with home court advantage, isn't that bad....and yes losing to the magic was a big failure, i'll admit that

A true heat fan defends their players when it's warranted...has LeBrons playoff performance been less than sensational? yeah, sure...17 ppg 7.8 rpg 7 apg 45% from the field...i'll admit game 4 was an atrocious performance...
And trust me, it's still Wade County(Miami-Dade), and wade has been carrying the offensive load and making crucial baskets, leading the series with 28.4 a game to dirks 27 ppg...

You have got to be the biggest bandwagon homer I have ever seen.

MLB2K10King
06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
you dont even need to say Jordan wouldnt do what Lebrons doing in these finals. KOBE wouldnt be doing what lebron is doing in these finals lol.

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Actually he is not. Jordan not only had a MVP, but a DPOY, 3 scoring titles and the highest career PER, WS/PER 48 and scoring average in the season and playoffs, not to mention the highest scoring game in playoffs history and the only player to score 50 in a series twice.

theheatles
06-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Actually he is not. Jordan not only had a MVP, but a DPOY, 3 scoring titles and the highest career PER, WS/PER 48 and scoring average in the season and playoffs, not to mention the highest scoring game in playoffs history and the only player to score 50 in a series twice.

and LeBron had 2 MVPs...

valade16
06-10-2011, 03:07 PM

Jordan > LeBron

I'd rather take Jordan at 26 than LeBron at 26 too. I mean, I want a guy who plays all 4 quarters on the big stage, perhaps someone who doesn't have a reputation as a quitter...

Max Power
06-10-2011, 03:12 PM
When the game is on the line the guy is defering.

Defering to Wade is probably acceptable.

Defering to guys like Chalmers and Chris Bosh? Something is seriously lacking.

SignGod
06-10-2011, 03:12 PM
and LeBron had 2 MVPs...

Dude! Your wrong, ok?! Get over it! :mad: Lil Bron Bron couldn't lace MJ's shoes! james has been spoon feed everything since he came into an MJ starved NBA! Awards are only the START of what MJ was at 26 vs Baby Bron Bron! MJ was the NBA and STILL is even without playing! Be a real fan and admit it....Jame is who we thought he was!! You wanna crown him, crown him, but he is who we thought he was! MJ>Lil' Bron Bron :rolleyes:

theheatles
06-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Dude! Your wrong, ok?! Get over it! :mad: Lil Bron Bron couldn't lace MJ's shoes! james has been spoon feed everything since he came into an MJ starved NBA! Awards are only the START of what MJ was at 26 vs Baby Bron Bron! MJ was the NBA and STILL is even without playing! Be a real fan and admit it....Jame is who we thought he was!! You wanna crown him, crown him, but he is who we thought he was! MJ>Lil' Bron Bron :rolleyes:

nah, your wrong!:p ....i'll roll my eyes at mj at 26 over lebron at 26 too :)

LeBron at 26 > Jordan at 26

Jordan is not some untouchable god...jordan played against **** competition....he was always guarded by unathletic white guy shooters...my mind is being changed because jordan can't change anything about his career up til he was 26...so LeBron 26> Jordan at 26

JordansBulls
06-10-2011, 03:27 PM
and LeBron had 2 MVPs...

in 8 years and didn't bring a title to a franchise that drafted him but rather had to go to a franchise that has a leading guy who won as the man.

Tony_Starks
06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Easily, it's just stupid how when kobe 1st won his rings with shaq it was shaq "alone" and did "all the work". Then when kobe had a ****** team of Smush, Walton, Lamar, and Kwame it was kobe's fault. Then he wins 2 rings with Gasol and it's because gasol "saved" kobe. I love gasol but why does shaq get all the credit when being "the man" but not kobe.
When LBJ was with cleveland they brought players to improve the team, players much better than Kwame, Parker, and Walton, yet he didn't have any help. Then Jamison arrives in Cleveland and "OMG!!! they're gonna own the lakers now" but when they don't, AGAIN, it's because LBJ didn't have any help :rolleyes:. When LBJ moves to miami its "OMG!!! not 1, not 2. . . .not 7" now what?!?!!? who's fault is it? Wade's, Bosh, Delonte Wests??!!! when the **** are people gonna say it's Lebrons fault? He's the one that's hurting the team, especially in the 4th. . .not anybody else.

Man you're preaching to the choir! There's a huge double standard that goes on between Kobe and Lebron. Its funny to me that people are so quick to say Kobe is basically finished but when you compare Kobe in the finals last year to Lebron in the finals this year its a whole nother story.......

MLB2K10King
06-10-2011, 03:38 PM

Bro, I appreciate your passion for lebron but you're just talking crazy now. lets start with MVP's

This is the same league where Jason kid took a 20 games below 500 team and made them a 50+ win team, but Duncan won the MVP

This is also the same league where Kobe Held the NBA Hostage for three straight years and led a team with NO second Option to the playoffs in a stacked western Conference but they gave the MVP to Steve Nash two years in a row instead of him.

Lebron is a great player but he hasnt even surpassed Kobe yet let alone Michael Jordan. Look at his game, he is a freak of nature, and he takes full advantage of it, but he is not as lethal as Jordan was from the free throw line, Not even as lethal as kobe, Mid range jump shot, same thing, Three point, same thing, defense, same thing. and in the clutch we both know what the answer will be. Jordan is on a level of play all by himself. he did it with Physical and athletic prowress but most importantly with skill. I can watch an old bulls game and just admire Jordans approach to the game. I can watch a lakers game and do the same for Kobe. I can watch a heat game and be shocked at his dunks and leaping ability, but as far as the game of basketball goes, he's got a way to go.

Lebron is on a team with arguably the Best 2 guard in the nba and at least the 3rd best power forward, you're telling me he cant come through in the finals?

Lebron in the Clutch is like a dog chasing a car, he likes the idea of it, but when it gets within reach, he has no idea what t odo

Tuck&Rolle
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
It's funny how much Lebron reminds me of A Rod, this coming from a Yankee fan.

Muttman73
06-10-2011, 03:51 PM
LeBron has no heart, no soul...no rings

MJ was and remains the greatest ever...so far

Branwegner84
06-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I not going to read through 8 pages of stuff, so if this already been mention, sorry.

It's hard to do a Jordan/Lebron comparison since there has been rules changes to make it easier to score and they is a lack of elite big men now compared to in the '90's. I feel bad for some of the players in the '90's, because Jordan single-handedly stop multiple Hall of Famers from getting a single championship.

Tuck&Rolle
06-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I not going to read through 8 pages of stuff, so if this already been mention, sorry.

It's hard to do a Jordan/Lebron comparison since there has been rules changes to make it easier to score and they is a lack of elite big men now compared to in the '90's. I feel bad for some of the players in the '90's, because Jordan single-handedly stop multiple Hall of Famers from getting a single championship.

My Knicks are a perfect example of that.

SignGod
06-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Jordan is not some untouchable god...jordan played against **** competition....he was always guarded by unathletic white guy shooters...my mind is being changed because jordan can't change anything about his career up til he was 26...so LeBron 26> Jordan at 26

cry all you guys want, but know that you are defending a degenerate gambler that lost millions and refused to pay up, so that led to the murdering of his father...:( sad stuff, but thats ok...i mean if he would have held a few pre mature celebrations we would have vilified him:horse:

WOW! What a prick thing to say! :pity: Putting someones fathers death on them! And you guys say Bulls fans are assh***s! Man not only are you and uneducated homer in your late teens, but your also a prick! Done having a conversation with you. What a jacka**! Enjoy LeBit**! He's urs for quite awhile!

DoJoTheSlasher
06-10-2011, 04:12 PM
LeBron said, "I'm not gonna score 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, 8 points in game 4."

Sadds The Gr8
06-10-2011, 04:13 PM

cry all you guys want, but know that you are defending a degenerate gambler that lost millions and refused to pay up, so that led to the murdering of his father...:( sad stuff, but thats ok...i mean if he would have held a few pre mature celebrations we would have vilified him:horse:
:facepalm:

SignGod
06-10-2011, 04:14 PM
LeBron has no heart, no soul...no rings

MJ was and remains the greatest ever...so far

THIS x1000! Can't teach heart! I like how he said that Jordan played against "CRAP" competetion....LMAO! I believe the NBA was at its best in the 80's and 90's! Proven fact!

SignGod
06-10-2011, 04:14 PM
LeBron said, "I'm not gonna score 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, 8 points in game 4."

LMAO!:clap:

towlsmoke420
06-10-2011, 04:28 PM

what a disgraceful thing to say

yep, this is one of those bandwagenor prick heat fan I was talking about. This is why people hate the heat. Because not only is lebron a piece of dirt but so is most of the heat fans.

northsider
06-10-2011, 04:35 PM

I wasn't even going to post in here till I read this load of ****ing crap. You look like a fool saying something you obviously know nothing about. Honestly take a step back and read how dumb you sound right now.

I hate this little ****ing kid argument you guys have non stop on here but, congrats you said something so dumb and absurd you got my response.

Frantico
06-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm hearing that LBJ's GF just had an affair with Rashard lewis and that's why LBJ has been sucking... Any truth to that rumor?

jockrider
06-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I wasn't even going to post in here till I read this load of ****ing crap. You look like a fool saying something you obviously know nothing about. Honestly take a step back and read how dumb you sound right now.

I hate this little ****ing kid argument you guys have non stop on here but, congrats you said something so dumb and absurd you got my response.

here's the line

he definitely crossed it sad stuff.

Jewelz0376
06-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Imagine if Jet challenged Jordan in the finals like he did Lebron??

Could you imagine what Jordan would do to him?..Not only would Jet be shutdown for the rest of the series...but Jordan would drop at least 40 just to prove a point...

Jet challenged Lebron and has outplayed him since....

Tony_Starks
06-10-2011, 05:18 PM
In all fairness Jordan never had to face a zone defense though........ thats a pretty big deal in itself.

Snakeyestx
06-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Nice to see after, 5 or 6 pages I hadn't been contested with my original opinion :D

That being said.... honestly this argument is a little pointless just because MJ and LBJ are like Apples and Oranges. Just look at physical size... height and weight. Look at their playing styles. Look at their aerial performance. These guys couldn't be more worlds apart in terms of playability.

This comparison is loosely... very loosely based on the position played, and less on the physical attributes of the players themselves. It would be like a die-hard Rockets fan saying "OMG Kevin Martin is the next MJ" because they both played at shooting guard. (ok, that was really out in left field, but you get the idea). They're physically very different, their shooting style is different, their driving style is VERY different.. etc.

LBJ came out of High School straight into the NBA.. he didn't have a few years of College ball to "Grow him up" so he brought that post-adolescent naivete into the NBA. By no means is this a negative though, he's still very civil in post-game interviews, but you can see hints of immaturity on the court when things don't go his way, or in pre-game joking around (a.k.a. the Nowitski impersonations at the shootaround yesterday).

Frankly, a Miami loss Sunday will be more beneficial to the Heat than if they win the series. This bitter pill needs to be swallowed by the team as a whole that's been built to be a "dynasty." If they're not forced into maturing together, they'll never be on the same page.

Angry Norwegian
06-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Did you really just say losing the series is more beneficial to the heat than winning it?

No Championship>Championship.

Okay.

Gibby23
06-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Imagine if Jet challenged Jordan in the finals like he did Lebron??

Could you imagine what Jordan would do to him?..Not only would Jet be shutdown for the rest of the series...but Jordan would drop at least 40 just to prove a point...

Jet challenged Lebron and has outplayed him since....

MJ would have did him dirty. Lebron and Jordan isn't even close. If the Bulls were down a few points or tied in the 4th MJ would post his man up and hit turnaround fade away after turnaround fade away. MJ was able to shoot and had a great midrange game when teams wouldn't let him get to the basket.

Snakeyestx
06-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Did you really just say losing the series is more beneficial to the heat than winning it?

No Championship>Championship.

Okay.

Yes.. did you stop reading before seeing the reason? If you let a team that throws tantrums and pokes fun at opposing players in shootaround win, you're simply reinforcing bad etiquette of the team as if they could get away with it rather than taking a good, hard look at themselves and focusing and coming back as a driving and motivated force next season. If they lose this year, they just might win next year.

As I said ... a bitter pill that needs to be swallowed. They're not losing because of a lack of talent, they're losing due to a lack of a cohesive mindset. Dallas has these comeback wins because they don't give up halfway into the 4th quarters like LBJ has.

Gibby23
06-10-2011, 05:31 PM
In all fairness Jordan never had to face a zone defense though........ thats a pretty big deal in itself.

Jordan had a nice jumpshot/mid range game and he had his turnaround fade, he could kill a zone and the Bulls shooters like BL Armstrong, Paxon, Kukoc, and Hodges would have made teams think twice before playing zone.

whitemamba33
06-10-2011, 05:45 PM
meh...I'm not going to kick a man when he's down.

If the worst we can say about the man is that he's NOT the greatest player to ever pick up a basketball, I wouldn't say that's so bad lol.

If there is one thing I learned from Pippen's comments it's that it makes absolutely no sense to pass judgement this early in a career. Let's wait until LeBron calls it a career, and then we can look back and see where he stands all time.

nycsports2
06-10-2011, 05:53 PM
i think kobes better right now... until kobe has 2 down yrs in a row hes better than bron

TO to the CHI
06-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Yes.. did you stop reading before seeing the reason? If you let a team that throws tantrums and pokes fun at opposing players in shootaround win, you're simply reinforcing bad etiquette of the team as if they could get away with it rather than taking a good, hard look at themselves and focusing and coming back as a driving and motivated force next season. If they lose this year, they just might win next year.

As I said ... a bitter pill that needs to be swallowed. They're not losing because of a lack of talent, they're losing due to a lack of a cohesive mindset. Dallas has these comeback wins because they don't give up halfway into the 4th quarters like LBJ has.

I understand what you are trying to say, but I think you are way off base here. If the Heat are losing cause of a lack of cohesion and because of immaturity, then I don't know that it is reasonable to assume that losing will not cause that immature and lack of cohesion to boil over. And so, if they lose, I expect that some relatively drastic changes could happen (player changes though not likely the big 3, coaching change, infighting amongst the big 3, etc.). I don't know that these things will happen, but it is a real risk. With that in mind, winning this year is most likely to solve the Heat's problems long-term because it will take a huge amount of the pressure off and show them that they can win it all as a group.

kozelkid
06-10-2011, 06:08 PM

Bull****.
He faced zone defenses ALL THE TIME. Believe me, that rule meant very little, kinda like flopping these days.

Here's some links where he constantly faced zones and double/triple teams against teams like Detroit and NY. Ever heard of Jordan Rules?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-qGWkiKvQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLv2F33snCE&feature=related

As for theheatles, he's an obvious bandwagon fan. The same guy who claims Lebron made big Z, "a fringe starter" good. :laugh: You know, the guy, who was an allstar before Lebron was even in the league.

Rego247
06-10-2011, 06:11 PM

pure idiocy right here.

HesterTrain
06-10-2011, 06:21 PM
pure idiocy right here.

People are just realizing that now?

sventhedog
06-10-2011, 06:36 PM
i think the MJ comparison should be over. lebron is lebron.

lebron is a unique talent. he has the unbelievable combination of speed, size and stupidity. that kind of combination comes once every 100 years.

HesterTrain
06-10-2011, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WR86xLSITc&feature=player_embedded

This Video /Thread

Crackadalic
06-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Just like Dwight isnt Shaq, Lebron isnt MJ. I think we really need to stop comparing players to his airness.

MJ is 2-3 league above anybody else past and present so lets just stop it. Lebron is who he is:Lebron james a pg in a man body. Just because he has to skillset to score at will doesnt mean thats his mindset. He has always been pass 1st which to some is actually a bad thing.

GeekInThePink
06-10-2011, 08:20 PM

That's pretty precise Mr. Prophet.

ldawg
06-10-2011, 08:31 PM
People always make a fool of themselves over potential. The dude is a very good player but his game still has holes but like Shaq he is a freak of nature so he makes up for it. Mj is Mj Magic is Magic he is not better than they were but like Kobe, Shaq, Ai, Duncan, Wade, Howard he is special in his own way. Mj and Magic just had this thing about them you could not explain. Lebron have the tools to be really great but he is from that and that is why the hate for him comes out because he is lable as best ever before being great. I blame espn and the media every day Lebron this Lebron that. He had a game last night many players in the nba could only dream of but the expectations for him is so high from all the hype it was a bad game for him. Most were hurt when he join wade because they felt he was better than that but Lebron does not come off as the alpha type. He has the body, strenght and speed everyone in the nba would kill for but the game is more than that he is not the first won't be the last to fall short shy of past greats.

smokeosama
06-10-2011, 08:37 PM
It's been said before, I'll say it again...LeBron needs to get on Kobe's level before he can even enter the discussion of Michael's level.

I don't have time to go in depth as I am about to head out, but 2 quick facts:

Michael never had a single digit scoring game in the finals.

Michael never went to a Game 7 in the finals.

:D

KD35 MVP
06-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Michael Jordan before birth > LeBron James 4th quarter / clutch time

Hawkeye15
06-10-2011, 09:28 PM
meh...I'm not going to kick a man when he's down.

If the worst we can say about the man is that he's NOT the greatest player to ever pick up a basketball, I wouldn't say that's so bad lol.

If there is one thing I learned from Pippen's comments it's that it makes absolutely no sense to pass judgement this early in a career. Let's wait until LeBron calls it a career, and then we can look back and see where he stands all time.

I agree 100000000% with this dude

ldawg
06-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I agree 100000000% with this dudeHe is off to a bad start because Mj never had a D Wade. Pip never out performed Jordan never. Like Kobe with his first three rings Lebron will carry that stigma. He is good a little of Magic a little of say Ai. He is no Mj nore he is no Magic he is like Lebron. Its safe to say at this point he would not be as clever as Magic nore Win in the manner in which jordan did. However he can win many rings like any other talented player and be Lebron just like Kobe is Kobe, Ai is Ai, etc. One day a Player will surpass the Way Mj won but that not Lebron that went out the door when he left Cavs and nothing is wrong with that. Its not fair we tell a player how he should live his life. Surpassing MJ is no easy task.

ChicagooooBulls
06-10-2011, 10:26 PM
lebron might be one of the most overrated superstar players in history. He is extremely talented, but the comparisons should not even be made in the first place until he wins multiple championships.

Tony_Starks
06-10-2011, 10:26 PM
He is off to a bad start because Mj never had a D Wade. Pip never out performed Jordan never. Like Kobe with his first three rings Lebron will carry that stigma.

Funny thing is people discredit Kobe for being Shaqs "sidekick" during those years but Lebron is proving right now that even as a "sidekick" you still have to be effective to make it work. Its not as easy as just riding some guys coat tails to a chip. If they lose he's going to take a lot of the blame for not helping enough......

Pippen should be banned from Chicago for saying that idiotic statement btw

Il Mago50
06-10-2011, 10:27 PM

So Prince James wouldn't defer to one of the 50 greatest players of all time and a better overall player then Wade but would defer to a guy that has the tag of "rupaul", "soft", "jump shooting big man" and "overrated" on him or to Wade, who has a bad shoulder, bad knee and now a bad hip to add that occurred yesterday....

I don't get the logic. Jordan wouldn't have deferred if he had Magic, Larry, Shaq and Duncan on the same floor as him at the closing of a game. Once again, same problem with underrating past players except now you're underrating Pippen who in his time was probably a top 6-10 player in the league as well.

Il Mago50
06-10-2011, 10:37 PM
at 26
LeBron 2 MVPs
Jordan 1 MVP

First of all, the regular season MVP doesn't mean **** in this conversation or in general for this debate. Steve Nash has two MVPs in his career versus Stockton having none in his, does that make Nash a better player? The regular season MVP means that you were the most valuable player in the league in the regular season. It is a great achievement but you can't base your argument solely on it when making a comparison because the award has more to do with your team's performance and the subjective view of your peers then an objective selection of the best player in the league.

Right question: How many finals MVPs does Jordan have (most valuable player in championship series)? If Miami wins this series, who here thinks that Lebron will userpe Wade and get the award?

Basically no one.

Who here honestly believes that Lebron will be a unanimous Finals MVP down the line in his career playing with Dwyane Wade, who is a proven Finals performer and a better end of game player?

The age/college debate can go on forever and you can compare Lebron statistically all you want, but stats don't mean **** unless you've proven other things as well. Stats are stats, they're nice, they're like a dunk that you have on tape of yourself doing but eventually the question gets asked: "who ended up winning the game?"

sventhedog
06-10-2011, 10:44 PM
i agree to end this comparison. you can't hide lebron's choking ability though.

Il Mago50
06-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by theheatles
nah, your wrong! ....i'll roll my eyes at mj at 26 over lebron at 26 too

cry all you guys want, but know that you are defending a degenerate gambler that lost millions and refused to pay up, so that led to the murdering of his father... sad stuff, but thats ok...i mean if he would have held a few pre mature celebrations we would have vilified him

Man I don't care if I get an infringement for this but you are the scum of the earth. You're a ****ing discraise to this forum, a ****ing discraise to your Heat (if you're even a true Heat fan) and a ****ing disgraise of a human being.

Every single person, whether they're a congressman, an athlete, Oprah Winfrey, or any common person on this forum has skeletons and negative traits about themselves. Some people do drugs. Some people drink more then they should. Some people are domestically violent. Some are racist. Some gamble. That doesn't mean that those things should be a bullseye for you to **** on them when you've seen that you're not going to win an argument. As wrong as that person is to do those things in the first place, the scum that throw them under the bus and judge them solely on one trait when there is much more to a person then that alone are really no better then that person being judged.

ldawg
06-10-2011, 11:06 PM
lebron might be one of the most overrated superstar players in history. He is extremely talented, but the comparisons should not even be made in the first place until he wins multiple championships.thank you

Punk
06-10-2011, 11:11 PM
I honestly think LeBron thinks about this which is why he was tweeting "now or never!" and all of that stuff. He knows he fails in clutch situations, he looks like a mediocre all- star instead of a superstar.

Who really tweets stuff like that to motivate themselves? LeBron looked like a beast and the second coming of MJ in Game 6 vs Chicago. Samething vs Dallas in Game 1. Now, he looks like he doesn't know who he is.

And he and Wade are simply resorting to stupid tatics like taking shots at Dirk to make themselves look good and thinking "Hey, we totally are gonna own these guys next game!" when they flat out don't.

You never tell a woman you are gonna give her the best sex and talk a big game when you can't back it up. The Heat are doing that and LeBron is realizing he is looking less and less of a star and he also knows if he doesn't win it's his fault and the backlash he would get if he didn't win a ring this year.

theheatles
06-10-2011, 11:14 PM
mago^good post...kinda....so i'm not allowed to judge jordan off his past mistakes but it's okay for every1 else to destroy lebron off his past mistakes? it's not happenin

are we not all judging athletes and each other anyways?

i'm not a christian so i don't give a fck about judging other ppl because ppl are going to judge me as well

kozelkid
06-10-2011, 11:33 PM
mago^good post...kinda....so i'm not allowed to judge jordan off his past mistakes but it's okay for every1 else to destroy lebron off his past mistakes? it's not happenin

i'm not a christian so i don't give a fck about judging other ppl because ppl are going to judge me as well

I'm sorry, but the fact that you blamed MJ for the death of his father is unbelievably ridiculous. Biggest pile of **** I've ever read on here, and I've read a lot of crap in this forum. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

ldawg
06-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Lebron made his bed lie in it. I like Wade but he is starting to act silly like Lebron. Wade was humble until Lebron went to Miami.

theheatles
06-10-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry, but the fact that you blamed MJ for the death of his father is unbelievably ridiculous. Biggest pile of **** I've ever read on here, and I've read a lot of crap in this forum. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

yeah, it's pretty much the most hurtful thing i could dig up so i used it...the lebron hate is beyond unwarranted when compared to a despicable act that led to the death of mj's pops:speechless:

ldawg
06-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Its so funny everyone praise Lebron potential but Wade has out performed Lebron when healthy, He is the one teaching Lebron how to win on the big stage, won a ring, finals mvp, out played Lebron on team USA, Put up historic numbers in the playoffs. Yet Lebron is the best player to set foot in the nba, How? Lebron is the first player in history to be great without being great. Blame it on those monster dunks to bad they only good for two points.

Gibby23
06-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Lebron is like Prime Grant Hill.

tredigs
06-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Lebron is like Prime Grant Hill.

I salivate at Grant Hill's prime - as short as it was, he was ****ing incredible. But no, Lebron is better than prime Grant Hill. At every aspect of the game.

Gibby23
06-11-2011, 12:02 AM
I salivate at Grant Hill's prime - as short as it was, he was ****ing incredible. But no, Lebron is better than prime Grant Hill. At every aspect of the game.

Grant Hill was a better rebounder and Passer. He had a season of 21ppg, 7+apg, 9rpg, 1.8 steals a game, while shooting over 49%. He was a bad boy.

I had his Red Pistons jersey back then.

tredigs
06-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Grant Hill was a better rebounder and Passer. He had a season of 21ppg, 7+apg, 9rpg, 1.8 steals a game, while shooting over 49%. He was a bad boy.

I had his Red Pistons jersey back then.

He had exactly one year where he averaged that though. Lebron averaged 30/8/7 on 48% shooting w/ 1.8 steals & 1.1 blocks a year younger than Grant had his mega-season. And he kept up similar numbers before and after. With PER and WinShare numbers that crush Grant's best multiple times over. With better range, a stronger attacker and a better defender (though Grant was and still is a bad ***).

Not too close between the two, although we'll never know what Grant could've been had he stayed healthy. I wish.

kozelkid
06-11-2011, 12:17 AM
yeah, it's pretty much the most hurtful thing i could dig up so i used it...the lebron hate is beyond unwarranted when compared to a despicable act that led to the death of mj's pops:speechless:

Except it never happened. The two incidents are completely unrelated (MJ's gambling issues and his father's death). As usual, you have no clue what you are talking about. The fact that you tried to connect them shows what kind of low life scum you are.

Mambo Kings
06-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Physically, talent wise, James has always been some weird mix of Jordan and Magic Johnson. But Lebron doesn't have Michael's killer instinct. Riley sold Lebron on the idea of being a Magic Johnson type when he recruited him to Miami and IMO that's where he belongs. It's a shame the Heat never really developed Lebron in their offense beyond ISO plays.

tredigs
06-11-2011, 01:05 AM
Physically, talent wise, James has always been some weird mix of Jordan and Magic Johnson. But Lebron doesn't have Michael's killer instinct. Riley sold Lebron on the idea of being a Magic Johnson type when he recruited him to Miami and IMO that's where he belongs. It's a shame the Heat never really developed Lebron in their offense beyond ISO plays.

I don't know - I never really saw or see the Magic and Jordan comparisons, like at all. I see a super athletic Larry Bird (but a polar opposite in his approach to life/the game).

That said, I think Lebron's an absolute gamer and a winner (despite some concerning games and all the hatred spewed against him to the contrary - people forget past legends bad games, and in time they'll likely forget these), but Bird had a mentality that defied logic. He cared about one thing, and it was winning - more directly - beating Magic in the NBA Finals and being the best player in the league.

But I just think their play is so much more similar than anything we can compare to Magic or Jordan. I have no clue why this isn't the comparison people use?

kozelkid
06-11-2011, 01:07 AM
I don't know - I never really saw or see the Magic and Jordan comparisons, like at all. I see a super athletic Larry Bird (but a polar opposite in his approach to life/the game).

That said, I think Lebron's an absolute gamer and a winner (despite some concerning games and all the hatred spewed against him to the contrary - people forget past legends bad games, and in time they'll likely forget these), but Bird had a mentality that defied logic. He cared about one thing, and it was winning - more directly - beating Magic in the NBA Finals and being the best player in the league.

But I just think their play is so much more similar than anything we can compare to Magic or Jordan. I have no clue why this isn't the comparison people use?

I actually like it, except for the fact that Larry Bird was a lights our shooter where as Lebron is much more streaky. They do have a lot of similarities though. Both elite passers and rebounder for their position. Both very good defenders. However, there is a big difference in the way they score. Personally, I think Oscar is the best comparison, both physically and mentally.

tredigs
06-11-2011, 01:17 AM
I actually like it, except for the fact that Larry Bird was a lights our shooter where as Lebron is much more streaky. They do have a lot of similarities though. Both elite passers and rebounder for their position. Both very good defenders. However, there is a big difference in the way they score. Personally, I think Oscar is the best comparison, both physically and mentally.

Yeah, agreed on both counts, I was just comparing players from that/this generation. But from yesteryear, there's no other comparison than Oscar.

DeyAce
06-11-2011, 01:24 AM
If James came to Chicago we would have already won it all

theheatles
06-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Except it never happened. The two incidents are completely unrelated (MJ's gambling issues and his father's death). As usual, you have no clue what you are talking about. The fact that you tried to connect them shows what kind of low life scum you are.

believe what you want...and check out a mirror to see a low life scumbag

kozelkid
06-11-2011, 01:36 AM

Cool?
Way to change the subject. You have yet to give ANY evidence that that ever happened. I haven't done anything here for anyone to judge me as a scumbag. You, on the other hand, are classic example of one. You made an awful accusation that you know is untrue, so that warrants calling you a scumbag. So start ****ing backing it up with facts.

LA_Raiders
06-11-2011, 01:44 AM
lol, LeBroom

Rego247
06-11-2011, 01:53 AM

im curious how does the idea that mj got his father killed due to unpaid gambling debts relevant to your argument that lebron is better than mj at 26?

sventhedog
06-11-2011, 02:09 AM
If James came to Chicago we would have already won it all

exactly you could've won it all from the pre-season to the conference finals. lol.

knicks4life33
06-11-2011, 02:29 AM
this is a joke how all the heat fans are defending lebron and still saying they think lebron is better then jordan WOW. obvisouly none of them have ever seen jordan play and are new generation fans or real bandwagon fans and its disgusting. put it this way i rather take jordan his last year on the bulls in 98 at his age then lebrons age now lol. jordan is better still at his age then then lebron now. heat fans get realstic and be real nba fans. jordan would never play this bad in the finals or playoffs. jordan had that killer instinct in him . lebron dont have that drive in him. wade has that drive in him but lebron dont

SignGod
06-11-2011, 04:01 AM
im curious how does the idea that mj got his father killed due to unpaid gambling debts relevant to your argument that lebron is better than mj at 26?

It doesn't! He's just a jag off kid who is trying to be hurtful to others because his lover LeBron is getting "unwarranted" harassment! LeBron deserves every comment he gets! So much hype for a player who hasn't done jack sh**! So should we start talking about Lebron and how he manages to have people around him that seem to get laid by NBA players when he's in the most important series of his career?!?! Your just a d**che Heatles! Grow up!

dodie53
06-11-2011, 04:21 AM
lebron > grant hill prime
imo

joepfarley
06-11-2011, 05:07 AM

No.

AWeSOME aWEsome AweSOME awesome>......:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Mave1002
06-11-2011, 05:51 AM
no thank you. I do not need to read an article about something i already know. That lebron is not jordan. not even a little

+1

ThePooH_1_
06-11-2011, 06:44 AM
this is a joke how all the heat fans are defending lebron and still saying they think lebron is better then jordan WOW. obvisouly none of them have ever seen jordan play and are new generation fans or real bandwagon fans and its disgusting. put it this way i rather take jordan his last year on the bulls in 98 at his age then lebrons age now lol. jordan is better still at his age then then lebron now. heat fans get realstic and be real nba fans. jordan would never play this bad in the finals or playoffs. jordan had that killer instinct in him . lebron dont have that drive in him. wade has that drive in him but lebron dont

:clap:

marj987
06-11-2011, 01:40 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2011/images/06/11/wade-james-t1.jpg

Dnovakovic099
06-11-2011, 01:44 PM
It doesn't! He's just a jag off kid who is trying to be hurtful to others because his lover LeBron is getting "unwarranted" harassment! LeBron deserves every comment he gets! So much hype for a player who hasn't done jack sh**! So should we start talking about Lebron and how he manages to have people around him that seem to get laid by NBA players when he's in the most important series of his career?!?! Your just a d**che Heatles! Grow up!

I hate LeBron and grew up loving Jordan and am a huge Chicago fan, but the double standard on this website is ****ing ridiculous. Yes, I agree that LeBron isn't even worth one of Jordan's fingers, but when comparing them as people LeBron is the WAAAAYYYYYYYYY better person. Jordan is a ****ing dick who cheats on his wife, gambles, and is completely selfish. You are a ****ING ******* for bringing up LeBron's wife and girlfriend because it isn't LeBron's fault that his mom is a whore, but it is Jordan's problem that he is a compulsive gambler.

I think the two actions/traits correlate. James seems to be the guy who just wants to please everyone and is very passive. That is why he struggles in clutch and always passes. Jordan on the other hand knew and believed he was the best. He didn't give a **** about anyone. If the Bulls were to win 6 titles where he had to be the second guy, hypothetically speaking (I know he is the GOAT), he would dip soooo fast. Jordan wanted to be the main guy and that is why he is a better player than LeBron will ever be. Oh yea, and the fact that Jordan loved the game WAY more than LeBron.

SACNYY
06-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Gheorghe Muresan> Lebron

Il Mago50
06-11-2011, 02:57 PM

First of all, I'm not christian or very religious at all. The reason why I said not to judge the guy off of his mistakes is that his mistakes in his personal life were brought up. We don't judge Lebron on his personal life at all. We criticize and judge him based on his performances on the court, that's all. I've never heard anyone here start talking about Lebron's personal life as an argument.

What we criticize and judge here is the basketball player, not the person. We judge Jordan based on what he did on the court and we do the same to Lebron.

Lebron hasn't been Jordan-esk and has been downright awful, so we judge him on it. End of story.

Il Mago50
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Its so funny everyone praise Lebron potential but Wade has out performed Lebron when healthy, He is the one teaching Lebron how to win on the big stage, won a ring, finals mvp, out played Lebron on team USA, Put up historic numbers in the playoffs. Yet Lebron is the best player to set foot in the nba, How? Lebron is the first player in history to be great without being great. Blame it on those monster dunks to bad they only good for two points.

Had Wade been healthy throughout his career, he'd easily be considered the best player in the league. It's kind of the same reason Kobe was considered the best up until this year. He wasn't more athletic then LeBron anymore and physically wasn't as gifted but he performed and played like the best player in the league when it counted.

If you had to choose between:

Player A: 27-30 PPG, 8 RPG, 8 APG, .500 FG% who isn't a proven winner, has questions about his big game performances and hasn't shown to have the killer instinct or that extra gear at the end of games (Lebron)

OR

Player B: 24-27 PPG, 7-8 APG, 5-6 RPG, .480 FG%, won a championship as a #1 option, consistently good to great performer in big games and at the end of games, warrior, competitive streak, etc. (Wade)

as the best player in the league, ignoring injuries and looking at player intangibles and time-of-performance with games, who would it be?

I'd take Wade.