PDA

View Full Version : Rangers have package deal for Richards

gabby10
06-09-2011, 04:15 PM
incarcerated bob
@incarceratedbob incarcerated bob
**BREAKING NHL NEWS** Source: Rangers have now started in on the bidding to obtain the rights to Brad Richards #Stars - Leafs still involved
3 hours ago via web

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Leafs & Rangers are battling it out to get 1st crack at signing Brad Richards - Stars GM will trade him!

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Rangers have offered a package that may satisfy Stars GM - Leafs also are bidding.. Richards will choose soon

i trust this guy.. he calls a lot of trades/signings/hirings/firings. this doesn't mean we will get him for sure, but he also has said Richards would waive NTC if stars GM wanted to trade him.. he has no interest in Toronto as far as ive heard

J4KOP99
06-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Damn. So we're trading for him?

nyr1980
06-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Not at all to knock you Gabby, but I'll believe it when I see it. If this is really going down then a few things must be going on:
1) The Rangers must want him tremendously that their willing to give up assets.
2) They fear he'll sign someplace else and are willing to pay the price in assets and money rather than ru the risk of losing him.

Any idea what's alleged to be in this package?

J4KOP99
06-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Btw, incarcerated bob was posting ridiculous things about LeBron (pre-"decision") that were all false. I understand he is occasionally right, but he seems to be the only person with this info.

gabby10
06-09-2011, 04:39 PM
yeah but there were way too many rumors about "the decison".. ESPN basically said he would go on the knicks but that didn't happen. He called donnie walsh being gone months ago and hes just been overall really good as of late

gabby10
06-09-2011, 04:40 PM
and no, no word on who will be included.. im actually wondering the same thing

Sandman
06-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Not at all to knock you Gabby, but I'll believe it when I see it. If this is really going down then a few things must be going on:
1) The Rangers must want him tremendously that their willing to give up assets.
2) They fear he'll sign someplace else and are willing to pay the price in assets and money rather than ru the risk of losing him.

Any idea what's alleged to be in this package?

It depends on what the package is, but this happens all the time. The team receiving the player would be eligible for draft pick compensation if the player signs elsewhere, the team that currently has the player (Dallas) wouldn't receive compensation if he signed elsewhere. I think. I could be wrong.

I remember we did it with Richter a while ago only to re-sign him when he hit the FA market.

nyr1980
06-09-2011, 04:50 PM
No, I know this. It has happened quite a bit of late (over past few seasons).

No compensation with UFA's, only RFA's. And that compensation is based on how much money (per cap hit) the player gets if he goes elsewhere.

When ESPN or another major sports outlet has it, then I'll believe it.

If it is accurate though, I hope it's simply a lower-round draft pick or a low-to-mid level prospect. I'd hat to see them give up Anisimov or something like that.

gabby10
06-09-2011, 04:57 PM
i dont think we will get rid of anisimov.. at the deadline, the only reason we didnt get richards is because sather wanted to hold on to arty.. i doubt he lets him go now

Garden Faithful
06-09-2011, 05:07 PM
If he wants nothing to do with the Maple leafs why would he waive his NMC to have Dallas trade his rights there, then essentially screw over Toronto and sign with someone else. I don't want to trade for his rights because it doesn't mean he will even sign with us.

gabby10
06-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Update:
**breaking news**received text from msg source(same source who had d walsh not coming back)sather made offer last night to stars 4 richards

**nhl breaking news**source: Sather is making brad richards priority #1 with offer 2 stars to acquire rights be4 july1st - leafs still in it

nyr1980
06-09-2011, 06:29 PM
If it's going to happen, I just hope it happens quickly. When these things get extended, it usually means a bidding war.

fingerbang
06-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Didn't this guy do the exact same thing at the trade deadline and he was wrong?

Redfish
06-09-2011, 07:05 PM
The Flyers gave a 3rd round pick; an average prospect, from what I've read and a conditional pick, for the rights to Bryzgalov.

There is no way Anisimov is in a trade for the "rights" to sign Richards; just no way.

Maybe Grachev and some picks; but not an established and still developing 2nd/3rd line center.

nyr1980
06-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm thinking you're right fish, but you never know. If there is paranoia that someone else is going to sweep in and get his rights, their offer could go up. I would be shocked if a team grabs him without a contract either already in place or negotiated close to that point.

Rangers in 7
06-09-2011, 07:26 PM
i dont wanna make a trade, thats the dumbest thing....if its all about money let him go to toronto

gabby10
06-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Didn't this guy do the exact same thing at the trade deadline and he was wrong?

no.. he said that richards deal was 97% done, sather just needed to pull trigger on a no-brainer trade.. he didnt

runnermjr1296
06-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I am really worried about the concussions,and the money and the age. We just ALWAYS ALWAYS seem to get burnt on these contracts. Drury,Redden,Gomez,Kasparitis,Holik,The list goes on and on. I hope i'm wrong cause it looks like this is gonna get done.I realize Brad Richards is just what the doctor ordered,but weren't most of these other guys also?

commonsense12
06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I am really worried about the concussions,and the money and the age. We just ALWAYS ALWAYS seem to get burnt on these contracts. Drury,Redden,Gomez,Kasparitis,Holik,The list goes on and on. I hope i'm wrong cause it looks like this is gonna get done.I realize Brad Richards is just what the doctor ordered,but weren't most of these other guys also?

Your right this is Sather at his finest. Just when we start building up something good he will go and piss it away by over paying people and getting us stuck with contracts that will kill us for yrs to come.

I see this turning into a 7.5+ cap hit and a broken down Richards in a few yrs. God i really hate Sather sometimes :facepalm:

jetsfan89
06-09-2011, 10:20 PM
This source isn't trustworthy, so I'm closing this for now. I'll reopen it if it turns out to be true.