PDA

View Full Version : Twolves trade talks

j-bay
06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Cavs247dotcom‎ Sources say #Timberwolves won't trade their pk until draft night, if they make a trade. #Cavs, #Raptors, #Kings, & #Wizards in the running.

Cavs247dotcom‎ #Raptors are leading the trade talks w/ #Timberwolves. DeRozen & 5th for 2nd & Flynn. #NBA Still plenty of time for them to get outbid.

heyman321
06-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Wow really the Raptors are stupid enough to trade Derozan who is about to take the next step for Flynn the bust?

Heater4life
06-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Theres parity for you. Brilliant GM's at their finest.

Kashmir13579
06-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Theres parity for you. Brilliant GM's at their finest.

I actually think this would be a great move for the Twolves.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-08-2011, 11:21 AM
why would the raps give up derozan?

flynn is garbage.

ink
06-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Wow really the Raptors are stupid enough to trade Derozan who is about to take the next step for Flynn the bust?

This is bogus. The so-called "trade rumour" started because Bill Ingram (Hoopsworld) was chatting with someone and asked IF the Raptors would trade DeRozan and the 5th for Flynn and the 2nd. That's not even a rumour but it's been played into one by fans.

DeRozan should not be traded for Flynn, and there is no one in this draft from 2 on down that he should be traded for either.

THE GIPPER
06-08-2011, 11:22 AM
DO NOT TRADE DEROZAN!!!!

derozan>irving>williams

Where's KG?
06-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I can dig that Raps deal. We get the guard we need...move Flynn who is not needed, and still have a good pick at 5

Kashmir13579
06-08-2011, 11:24 AM

flynn is garbage.

the no. 2 pick. but i agree it would be a terrible move on the raps part.

THE GIPPER
06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I can dig that Raps deal. We get the guard we need...move Flynn who is not needed, and still have a good pick at 5

What guard? irving? what if irving goes first then you dont get the guard you need. derozan has soooo much potential and hes starting to show it. raps would be better off getting kemba or knight at 5.

Where's KG?
06-08-2011, 11:28 AM
What guard? irving? what if irving goes first then you dont get the guard you need. derozan has soooo much potential and hes starting to show it. raps would be better off getting kemba or knight at 5.

Though my name indicated I was a Wolves fan. I am and thats why I like the deal.

ink
06-08-2011, 11:29 AM

yeah and I hear the Wolves are trading Love to the Warriors for Charlie Bell and the #11 pick. lol.

THE GIPPER
06-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Though my name indicated I was a Wolves fan. I am and thats why I like the deal.

haha sorry bro my bad

Heater4life
06-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I actually think this would be a great move for the Twolves.

For Minny its great. What do the Raptors acheive? Nothing.

They continue to move parts around, establish no team chemistry, its not a unit. Their basically like a college team, they have players that come and go from year to year.

Hellcrooner
06-08-2011, 11:35 AM
dont get why wolves would want Derozan.

Johnson is better.

Derozan is just the typical chucker without a true good shooting mechaninc that shoots and shoots to pad stats.

jockrider
06-08-2011, 11:38 AM

flynn is garbage.

LOL! there is no way we give up derozan for that its a dead rumour that makes no sense for us.

Rego247
06-08-2011, 12:03 PM
This is bogus. The so-called "trade rumour" started because Bill Ingram (Hoopsworld) was chatting with someone and asked IF the Raptors would trade DeRozan and the 5th for Flynn and the 2nd. That's not even a rumour but it's been played into one by fans.

DeRozan should not be traded for Flynn, and there is no one in this draft from 2 on down that he should be traded for either.

this.

/thread

BHF
06-08-2011, 12:26 PM

Johnson is better.

Derozan is just the typical chucker without a true good shooting mechaninc that shoots and shoots to pad stats.

i always knew u are a huge homer but now you just took it to a whole new level :facepalm:

franey25
06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
if we trade derozan ill kill myself

Cal827
06-08-2011, 12:33 PM
If the Raptors do this, then we are completely screwed for years to come.

jockrider
06-08-2011, 12:34 PM
this was reported by hoopsworld call me back when a legit source picks it up.

DeyAce
06-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Derrick Williams > DeRozan

B1rks
06-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Timberwolves fans can dream but Demar Derozan won't be traded anytime soon seeing how he has the potential to be a star player and showed that last year. If there is a trade, it will involve the raptors 5th overall pick and Jose Calderon who will mentor Ricky Rubio seeing how they both play on the spanish national team and also play the same position. You could also see Barbosa and or Bargnani in the deal considering that the raptors are looking in a new direction and are looking to trade Bargnani. Obviously the t-wolves would throw in a bad contract to make the money work but in the end, Demar Derozan in untouchable and will stay that way for many years to come.

SportsFanatic10
06-08-2011, 12:55 PM
if colangelo is actually considering this(which i highly doubt) he must not like his job.

Hawkeye15
06-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't put much stock into this. As Ink said, this stemmed from a hoopsworld chat with Ingram, and he claims the Wolves are "targeting" DeRozan. The Raps would be stupid to give him AND the #5 pick up for Flynn/#2.

I don't see this going down in the slightest. I do agree the Wolves may wait until the last minute and get all the offers they can before pulling the trigger on a trade.

John Walls Era
06-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Doubt it. Raptors spent 2 years scouting Derozan and was ecstatic when they drafted him. Wolves lost their chance when they had it. Derrick Williams doesn't even have elite athleticism, too much of a tweener.

Trace
06-08-2011, 01:00 PM
this is bogus. The so-called "trade rumour" started because bill ingram (hoopsworld) was chatting with someone and asked if the raptors would trade derozan and the 5th for flynn and the 2nd. That's not even a rumour but it's been played into one by fans.

Derozan should not be traded for flynn, and there is no one in this draft from 2 on down that he should be traded for either.

+1

mike_noodles
06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Does anyone have a credible source for any of these "rumors". Or is it all just fan speculation, I have feeling it's the latter.

fadedmario
06-08-2011, 01:27 PM
DeRozan and Ed Davis are the bright spots on that team. I can't see any truth to this.

knicks=love
06-08-2011, 01:29 PM
DO NOT TRADE DEROZAN!!!!

derozan>irving>williams

you're comparing a kid that's been in the league for about 3 or 4 years to two rookies.. :facepalm:

Slimsim
06-08-2011, 01:29 PM
i don't get it for years wolves fans complain about not getting a top 3 pick and the year they get 1 they have the most trade rumors that involves the number 2 pick

Hellcrooner
06-08-2011, 01:33 PM
[/B]

i always knew u are a huge homer but now you just took it to a whole new level :facepalm:

a homer of what exactly?

he isnt competinf for playing time with any Spaniard? :confused:

Tom Stone
06-08-2011, 01:52 PM
We give them barg, that gives them a 20 point scorer that is pared with the best rebounder in the nba, and a euro to mix with rubio, barbosa was awsome for us last year, they would want him, adds three point shooting and speed to their team, i'm not sure what they give up in return, but i want that second pick and the 5th.

Hawkeye15
06-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Does anyone have a credible source for any of these "rumors". Or is it all just fan speculation, I have feeling it's the latter.

dude, you know where this came from. It stemmed from the Bill Ingram chat on hoopsworld. Now, you can choose to view that as a source or not. I view it as something one dude says, nothing more.

Hawkeye15
06-08-2011, 01:57 PM
We give them barg, that gives them a 20 point scorer that is pared with the best rebounder in the nba, and a euro to mix with rubio, barbosa was awsome for us last year, they would want him, adds three point shooting and speed to their team, i'm not sure what they give up in return, but i want that second pick and the 5th.

you are stuck with Bargs bro. Sorry.

Hawkeye15
06-08-2011, 01:58 PM
i don't get it for years wolves fans complain about not getting a top 3 pick and the year they get 1 they have the most trade rumors that involves the number 2 pick

because we are already getting a rookie this year (Rubio), have tons of young players, and are loaded at the position Derrick Williams or Kyrie Irving would be playing. Its time to turn some assets into a vet or two. That is exactly why.

WolvesJagsOs
06-08-2011, 02:03 PM
@DarrenWolfson: ESPN's Chad Ford: #Twolves intrigued if they could swap No. 2 for JaVale McGee.

Chad Ford also listed the #Timberwolves are a possible spot for Monta Ellis to land. Mentioned a Ellis for #2 deal.

justin_6
06-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Dd is not a true rumor , bc would have adressed it already and dd loves it on toronto.

FinsSuperBowl
06-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Well actually Derozan is a better player as a SF than a SG. Derozan cant shoot three's to save his life (his only weakness) with the 2nd pick they will get a better polished scorer.

As for Flynn being a draft bust- No PG does good in the triangle offense. Flynn just need a system that runs more pick n rolls to be effective. He is better than Caledron and Bayless.

Good trade for both sides if u ask me

BALLER R
06-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Johnson is better.

have you seen derozan play?

210Don
06-08-2011, 02:24 PM
omg derozan on the spurs :drool:

Hawkeye15
06-08-2011, 02:34 PM
omg derozan on the spurs :drool:

haha, dude you poke your head into every thread and talk about the player in the thread being a Spur. I gotta give it to you, you are as crazy as they get about their team

210Don
06-08-2011, 02:38 PM
haha, dude you poke your head into every thread and talk about the player in the thread being a Spur. I gotta give it to you, you are as crazy as they get about their team

im a fan :)
lol they said derozan is on OTB so i figure why cant we get him? id gladly give hill and blair for him

Punk
06-08-2011, 02:43 PM
The Raps will not move DeMar. But if that trade happens, the Wolves will be a playoff team for sure.

Rubio/Calderon
DeRozan/Webster
Beasley/Johnson
Love/Randolph
Darko/Pekovic

fadedmario
06-08-2011, 02:44 PM
DeRozan has improved every year. Everyone knocking him on here has probably never seen him play. Kid's got game.

llemon
06-08-2011, 02:44 PM
im a fan :)
lol they said derozan is on OTB so i figure why cant we get him? id gladly give hill and blair for him

And that's why you can't get him.

WolvesJagsOs
06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I would love Derozan, but we do have Wes who is a SG for us, that is bound to take a major jump next year.

FriedTofuz
06-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Cavs247dotcom‎ Sources say #Timberwolves won't trade their pk until draft night, if they make a trade. #Cavs, #Raptors, #Kings, & #Wizards in the running.

Cavs247dotcom‎ #Raptors are leading the trade talks w/ #Timberwolves. DeRozen & 5th for 2nd & Flynn. #NBA Still plenty of time for them to get outbid.

Demar derozan has not been in any trade discussion or package.

Colangelo says there's "no truth at all" to rumor he offered DeMar DeRozan for the #2 pick. "DeMar has never been part of any conversation."
TWITTER-http://twitter.com/#!/DraftExpress/status/78516956801675264

That means, the raptors are leading the trade talks without including derozan? seems good for them.

imagesrdecievin
06-08-2011, 09:41 PM
lmao @ the derozan chucker thing.

People should refrain from remarking on another teams player if they know absolutely nothing about them. It really just exposes how little they know about the NBA(outside of their own team).

Tmath
06-08-2011, 09:52 PM

People should refrain from remarking on another teams player if they know absolutely nothing about them. It really just exposes how little they know about the NBA(outside of their own team).

In crooners case (outside of teams with spanish players).

FriedTofuz
06-08-2011, 09:56 PM

I know enough. You can be a fan of a different team, and still be educated about other players statuses.

FriedTofuz
06-08-2011, 10:02 PM
@DarrenWolfson: ESPN's Chad Ford: #Twolves intrigued if they could swap No. 2 for JaVale McGee.

Chad Ford also listed the #Timberwolves are a possible spot for Monta Ellis to land. Mentioned a Ellis for #2 deal.

McGee isnt that great. He may block shots, yet the wizards defense is still terrible. The 2nd pick should be worth more than mcgee. Elllis for the 2nd pick would be a good idea. Ellis is an all star whos been snubbed for many years. hes a 24/4/6 type of player and an budding allstar. For all we know, williams may not even become such a player. Might as well trade him for ellis, that is very good value.