PDA

View Full Version : Why don't they fine for obvious flops?

bulls leakage
06-07-2011, 06:44 PM
The NBA should just slap on a big *** fine for players who obviously flop. It undermines officials and there is no place for it in the game. A series of fines and leading up to suspensions seems reasonable...

MiamiWadeCounty
06-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Your name + thread title = /thread

TylerSL
06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
lol

ChitownBears22
06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I am sure a fine is worth the flop if it wins a game. Especially if it is a playoff game.

bulls leakage
06-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I am sure a fine is worth the flop if it wins a game. Especially if it is a playoff game.

Make the fines heavy, and if it gets bad enough, just suspend the guy. It isn't like these players are just going to flop on accident. If they get caught obviously flopping, suspend them. They won't be flopping anymore after that. It's BS that a player can trick the officials and affect the outcome of the game like that.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
How about you train the refs better to determine whether or not a flop was made.

ChitownBears22
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Flopping is part of the game. Get used to it. It is just like a player throwing his arms up when shooting to give an appearance of getting hit while shooting. Or a player lunging himself into a defender to create contact. That is a foul why isnt it called. Who do you follow anal leakage?

bulls leakage
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Flopping is part of the game. Get used to it. It is just like a player throwing his arms up when shooting to give an appearance of getting hit while shooting. Or a player lunging himself into a defender to create contact. That is a foul why isnt it called. Who do you follow anal leakage?

So tricking the refs to affect the outcome of the game is just part of the game? That is ridiculous, especially considering how easy it is to tell when a flop happens. You would rather it just stay how it is even if the NBA can help contain flopping? For some reason I doubt you would stick to that stance if your team lost a pivotal game because of a flop, which isn't extremely unlikely considering how many games come down to the wire.

bulls leakage
06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
How about you train the refs better to determine whether or not a flop was made.

Good point. The NFL should train officials to see plays better. The MLB should train umpires to see top of the fence homeruns more clearly and see bang bang plays better.

/sarcasm

The human eye isn't perfect... You can't just train them to see flops better. If it was that easy, it would be done by now...

ChitownBears22
06-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah just like any sport or competitive game. If you are not cheating you are not trying. Since the refs are human and can make errors, you as a player should exploit that. It happens in every sport. Baseball and football players trap catches and act like they caught it. Basketball has the flop. It is all about advantage. If we keep adding rules to our sports we might as well flip a coin and determine a winner from the get go.

championships
06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
They should fine players for flops. They do in the NHL.

Pat Thetic
06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
It's getting old watching this...

http://youtu.be/8pYGtlTnWiE

IversonIsKrazy
06-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I think they should do something about it like Soccer. A player can get a yellow-card for flopping/acting. A player should get a Personal Foul for flopping, it would be a lot better. It's ridiculous seeing how refs are forced to believe some non-existent fouls because of acting.

johnnychan
06-07-2011, 07:27 PM
no

Phenomenonsense
06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Make it like Soccer, if you flop obviously and hard, you get a foul called on you.

ChitownBears22
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Soccer is Ga.......

Insert grant hill

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DR_1
06-07-2011, 07:51 PM
The NBA should just slap on a big *** fine for players who obviously flop. It undermines officials and there is no place for it in the game. A series of fines and leading up to suspensions seems reasonable...

I agree. It annoys me, even when the players I like do it.