PDA

View Full Version : Dirk says Jet not clutch

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6632035

Terry, the Dallas Mavericks' charismatic sixth man who likes to bust out his arms like airplane wings after he makes 3-pointers and prides himself on cold-blooded shooting in the clutch, has found little breathing room with Miami Heat forward LeBron James shutting him out of the late-game offense.

"They keep sticking him [James] on Jet in the fourth quarters and he's been doing a good job," Nowitzki said. "Jet hasn't really been a crunch-time, clutch player for us the way we need him to."

Nowitzki scored 34 points in the 88-86 Game 3 loss and he scored the Mavs' final 12 points of the game. Terry, the team's second-leading scorer, was 0-of-4 from the floor in the fourth quarter of the disappointing home loss that put the Mavs in a 2-1 hole with Game 4 on Tuesday night at the American Airlines Center.

Terry is a combined 0-of-7 in the fourth quarters of the Mavericks' two losses in the NBA Finals.

"They know to take me out of the fourth quarter, which they didn't do in Game 2," Terry said of the Heat's choice to turn to James defensively, "then they got a good chance."

Guess LeBron has been present in the 4th quarters of the Finals. Dirk's opinion >>>>>>>> idiot reporters and fans.

Seguin
06-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Common misconception that players know more about the game than people that watch it.

Ebbs
06-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Yea Lebron has been on Terrys ***. But in all honesty Terry has always been hot or not. And he has been very mediocre thus far this series.

heyman321
06-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Common misconception that players know more about the game than people that watch it.

Tyler Seguin is the worst player ever. Jeff Skinner anyday.

Wade>You
06-06-2011, 07:39 PM
OH SNAP!!!!!

Great job by Dirk to shut his teammates up for all the trash talking they've been doing.

Next up: DeShawn Stevenson.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Dirk knows what's up. He knows his team got outplayed last night. He isn't making excuses.

Classy guy.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
OH SNAP!!!!!

Great job by Dirk to shut his teammates up for all the trash talking they've been doing.

Dirk doesn't even waste his time acknowledging Stevenson.

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 07:42 PM
lebron locks down whoever he guards

DeyAce
06-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Dirks a one man team just like Rose

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Dirks a one man team just like Rose

no, he has a team. way more team than the bulls had.

they just aren't able to help. as j.kidd said last night, "their defense has a way of making you do things you don't wan't to do"

Hawkeye15
06-06-2011, 07:52 PM
well Dirk, when James is guarding him, what do you expect?

And Terry has been bad in the 4th so far in the finals.

Ebbs
06-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Dirk can't beat the heat by himself. And even if Terry was playign well that's not enough.

we need two of Terry, Marion, Chandler, Kidd, Barea, or Stojakovic to be efficte on offense a night. and than everyone else to chip in a few buckets.

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2011, 07:54 PM
what an *** hole...this guy just sh*ts on his teammates.

Bruno
06-06-2011, 08:03 PM
More so that Terry isn't being permitted to be clutch because he's being locked down by a fantastic defender.

Bruno
06-06-2011, 08:04 PM
what an *** hole...this guy just sh*ts on his teammates.

I don't take it that way. Leaders have to find a way to motivate guys when they aren't getting it done.

Dirk played 42 minutes in game three, and had a +12 over those 42 minutes. The Mavs lost by 14 points during the six minutes Dirk was on the bench. Dirk on the bench is supposed to be Terry time; his guys aren't getting it done. Frustration and honesty granted. Look for Terry to play big in game four.

SeoulBeatz
06-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Terry has been awful frankly.

His shot selection has been really poor and he's missed a lot of wide open shots that would've changed the game.

He needs to step up because he's the only other scorer on the team besides Dirk, otherwise the mavs are cooked.

I feel bad for Dirk because he really is by himself out there.

Hawkeye15
06-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Honestly, not sure what many here expected. The Heat's defense has shown all playoffs to be the fastest recovering defense in a landslide. The Mav's shooters haven't seen anything like this recovery speed. Which is why myself, and many, said Miami in 6.

Sorry, those cake looks Terry, Peja, and the rest of the crew got against Portland, LA, and OKC, are gone now. Dirk will have to put the Mavs on his shoulders to win the series. Otherwise LeBron and Wade can just trade off games killing it, and the role players for the Heat simply need to make some shots, and their defense will win the finals.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
If Lebron said this last series about D. Wade, I can't even imagine how many threads there would be and how many times they would mention it on ESPN and other networks. They would say he is making excuses, is a cry baby, and is a choker haha.

championships
06-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Terry talks alot of crap so he should be able to take some criticism from Dirk.
Dirk is right here He needs his guys, Specially terry when Dirk is on the Bench, to step up.

This Veteran team is mature enough to see what Dirk is saying without getting butt hurt.

championships
06-06-2011, 08:27 PM
If Lebron said this last series about D. Wade, I can't even imagine how many threads there would be and how many times they would mention it on ESPN and other networks. They would say he is making excuses, is a cry baby, and is a choker haha.
:cry: :cry:

DoJoTheSlasher
06-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Uhhh maybe it's true?

If we win the Championship, they should only give out 1 ring, to Dirk.

Hoopsadvocate
06-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Ive gained a whole new level of respect for Dirk. Unlike some fans and players he can call people out without bias even people on his own team. Smart guy and not a sissy hater just a great player calling it like he sees it regardless of the opposing team/players involved. Got to respect that.

Haters take note.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 09:18 PM
wow... this team is a mess right now...

Hoopsadvocate
06-06-2011, 09:19 PM
:cry: :cry:

Dont cry man its okay im sure the lakers wont get swept next year like they did against the mavs. :cool:

TheRunKiller
06-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Dirk really? calling out your own teammate that's messed up, it was dirk that missed that final shot.

Cano4prez
06-06-2011, 09:30 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2nghlqo.jpg

:yawn:

MELO 15
06-06-2011, 09:34 PM
lebron locks down whoever he guards

Except for Melo, and Im not being a homer either. Look it up, from the time theyve been in H.S to the Nba, Melo is Lebron Kryptonite:cool:

Hoopsadvocate
06-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Except for Melo, and Im not being a homer either. Look it up, from the time theyve been in H.S to the Nba, Melo is Lebron Kryptonite:cool:

Krpytonite would mean he stops lebron which he doesnt because melo doesnt know what defense even means.

Too bad melo will probably never get to play lebron in a game that matters now. (playoffs)

daleja424
06-06-2011, 09:37 PM

ya...umm... this was a a thread earlier....and Lebron has beaten him in every category when they have played and Lebron has held Melo under all of his averages...

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 09:54 PM
kind of taken out of context dont you think? Dirk said he isnt as clutch as they need him to be, not that he isnt clutch peroid. Its the same as Wade telling Lebron and Bosh to step up their games. I see no problem with that.

MELO 15
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM
ya...umm... this was a a thread earlier....and Lebron has beaten him in every category when they have played and Lebron has held Melo under all of his averages...

when i say kyptonite, I mean, every time they play each other, Melo led teams have always beaten lebron led teams, and thats including H.S, basketball is not alawys gonna be about the stats, its gonna be about who produces the W, and when it comes to Melo vs lebron, Melo led teams almost always win, what good are stats if you cant produce the W, like the first time melo putting a knick uniform, and they played the knicks, who won? yeah thats right melo and the knicks, and when lebron was on the cavs, I believe lebron had a triple double but melo had like 40pts 7rebs, and like 5assist, the most important bucket of all was that clutch shot over lebron, and lebrick bricking in the end, and looked like he was gonna cry, thats what im talking about when i say kryptonite, and by the way, Melo D's lebron and guys like kobe pretty good, he just need to be consistant on the defensive side of the floor, but other than that, Melo is the best all around offensive player in the game, Period

championships
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Dont cry man its okay im sure the lakers wont get swept next year like they did against the mavs. :cool:

:bla:

finals appearances

2 <<<<<<< 31

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 09:57 PM
wow... this team is a mess right now...

i know they are really cracking. Miami just needs to play the silent game and not say a peep.

Hoopsadvocate
06-06-2011, 10:04 PM
:bla:

finals appearances

2 <<<<<<< 31

Im glad u like living in the past because thats all ull have for a longggg time.

championships
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Im glad u like living in the past because thats all ull have for a longggg time.

7 finals the last 11 seasons and 2 very recent back to back ships.
I'm good with that, you can have this 1 newbie.

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 10:08 PM

if we win this year, its not unreasonable to think that we MIGHT win the next 4 after this one.

Purple&Gold24
06-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Def what Bruno said. Hit the spot.

Hoopsadvocate
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM

Im glad ur okay with it then. Ill enjoy watching my team making more finals appearences in 7 seasons and watching the lakers be a 2nd round team if that for the next 7.

Win Win i suppose :cheers:

SteBO
06-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I don't see how this is the wrong thing to say. Dirk is definitely making the right move here calling these guys out. Wade did it last night to LeBron and he had no issues with it at all. As the star and leader of that team, he took upon himself to let out what he feels and tell what he sees, and he's loooking at it the right way. Give credit to LeBron's defense, but I'm not blind to the fact that Terry had some looks that he would knock down normally against any team really. But the Heat defense is very good at recovering to the three-point shooters and running them off the line. It's not easy to sustain efficient three-point shooting against good defenses, but the Mavs have some good marksman, and they need to be watched closely by the Heat. Miami's rotations defensively have to be nearly flawless to keep Terry, and all the other shooters from getting hot.

Jewelz0376
06-06-2011, 10:25 PM
if we win this year, its not unreasonable to think that we MIGHT win the next 4 after this one.

Its not unreasonable to think that the Heat will win 5 titles in a row?? :laugh2:

Riiiight

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Its not unreasonable to think that the Heat will win 5 titles in a row?? :laugh2:

Riiiight

lol notice how I said MIGHT and then bolded it.......

But unless the new CBA prevents it. The Heat will get better and better every year. Unless the new CBA doesnt allow Miami to bring in other role players this is the worst Heat team you will see.....

Heater4life
06-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Yea Lebron has been on Terrys ***. But in all honesty Terry has always been hot or not. And he has been very mediocre thus far this series.

Its as much mental as the actual matchup. After a while you begin to try to compensate for Lebron's length and you throw your own shot off.

Heater4life
06-06-2011, 10:33 PM
lol notice how I said MIGHT and then bolded it.......

But unless the new CBA prevents it. The Heat will get better and better every year. Unless the new CBA doesnt allow Miami to bring in other role players this is the worst Heat team you will see.....

Lets focus on 1 first, you know, this series isnt quite over yet. Just saying......

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Lets focus on 1 first, you know, this series isnt quite over yet. Just saying......

i know. But its not crazy to think that we will get better every year (unless the new CBA prevents it). Which is all I meant.

beasted86
06-06-2011, 10:41 PM
i know. But its not crazy to think that we will get better every year (unless the new CBA prevents it). Which is all I meant.

How can the CBA prevent the Heat from getting better? Just curious to know.

People thinking the NBA is going to hard cap at $50M are in for a rude awakening come the next agreement.

championships
06-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Im glad ur okay with it then. Ill enjoy watching my team making more finals appearences in 7 seasons and watching the lakers be a 2nd round team if that for the next 7.

Win Win i suppose :cheers:

That's awesome, you can tell the future! Difference is Lakers have done it
when your just dreaming about it.

You suck at this whole baiting thing. It might be best if you were to just stay on topic.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Terry sucks. He's been fading in meaningful games for years. He's all talk and no show.

championships
06-06-2011, 10:44 PM

5 in a row!?!
:laugh:
That is quite unreasonable actually.

Marlin234
06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't take it that way. Leaders have to find a way to motivate guys when they aren't getting it done.

Dirk played 42 minutes in game three, and had a +12 over those 42 minutes. The Mavs lost by 14 points during the six minutes Dirk was on the bench. Dirk on the bench is supposed to be Terry time; his guys aren't getting it done. Frustration and honesty granted. Look for Terry to play big in game four.

U can say u can expect Terry to come out big game 4. But he isnt no superstar. What do u expect when an elite deffender is covering him? If Terry would just stfu and focus on what he has to do he would be better off. The dumass instead adds gasoline to the fire. Gj moron. Expect lebron to go off tomorrow all I gotta say

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
How can the CBA prevent the Heat from getting better? Just curious to know.

People thinking the NBA is going to hard cap at $50M are in for a rude awakening come the next agreement.

like if they get rid of the new MLE. Or if the set the payroll to not go over 70 million. The Heat are at about 62 million right now. They could only add 2 other decent players with only 8 million to spend.

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 10:50 PM
5 in a row!?!
:laugh:
That is quite unreasonable actually.

..... look. All I meant by that is unless the new CBA prevents it. We can both agree that this is the worst Heat team we will ever see.

John Walls Era
06-06-2011, 10:54 PM
..... look. All I meant by that is unless the new CBA prevents it. We can both agree that this is the worst Heat team we will ever see.

Probably. If they get lucky with even one draft pick. The amount of FAs who will want to play there (I see u Nashy).

beasted86
06-06-2011, 11:09 PM
like if they get rid of the new MLE. Or if the set the payroll to not go over 70 million. The Heat are at about 62 million right now. They could only add 2 other decent players with only 8 million to spend.

If they get rid of the MLE there WILL be a hard cap. It's not an either or. If there is a soft cap with no MLE, then there's no such thing as free agency anymore.

And if there is a hard cap & no MLE, it hurts the other teams more than the Heat. Miami already has it's core signed: Wade, Bosh, James, Haslem, Miller.

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 11:19 PM
If they get rid of the MLE there WILL be a hard cap. It's not an either or. If there is a soft cap with no MLE, then there's no such thing as free agency anymore.

And if there is a hard cap & no MLE, it hurts the other teams more than the Heat. Miami already has it's core signed: Wade, Bosh, James, Haslem, Miller.

true, if the make a hard cap. LA and Orlando are screwed.

gotoHcarolina52
06-06-2011, 11:38 PM
OH SNAP!!!!!

Hey, Wade>You. I love your sig. How can we donate?

LA_Raiders
06-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Terry is either Hot or Cold, Lebroom anit doing **** IMO

Marlin234
06-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Terry is either Hot or Cold, Lebroom anit doing **** IMO

He must been hot as hell to sweep u guys on ur arse then huh ;)

EaglePride615
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
no this is exactly what you want from your leaders. you want them to not be the guy that says aww well we missed some shots. you have to call out your team mates and remember its a business. while being nice to your team mates is cool and all for 82 games come playoff time you gotta buckle down and be hard on guys

Voodoo Alchemy
06-07-2011, 02:32 AM
neither is dirk. he scores during the game but can't make the shot when it counts

stawka
06-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Terry is clutch, I always thought he was - he's just being shut down. So is Rose a **** player too because he got shut down last round? Plenty of people get shut down by great defenders, has happened before and will happen again. Dirk is living in the moment, maybe Terry will see Dirk's missed shot in game 3 and go to the media and say Dirk isn't clutch now either

NBA-GMaster
06-07-2011, 06:26 AM
trade Jet, Barea, Brewer and 26th pick for Nash, Childress and Lopez.. I hope Dirk dont backstab his best friend..

koreancabbage
06-07-2011, 10:14 AM
well, Lebron should have been guarding Terry in game 2. i don't know what the F they were doing- this should have been a 3-0 series lead for Miami.

If Terry gets hot at any one point in the game, Lebron is going to shut him down. book it.