PDA

View Full Version : Love for Haslem

JasonJohnHorn
06-06-2011, 04:07 PM
It seems to me that Haslem has been an invaluable asset to the Heat, and considering how little time he had from being fully recovered to being inserted into the game, it seems he has been able to contribute a lot without disturbing the chemistry the team had spent all year developing.

So here is the question. Had Haslem not been able to come back for the post season, would the Heat be in the finals right now?

HeatBBall
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I believe they would have made it regardless. Yes, he's made the stride to the Finals easier, but the Heat are so talented and their defense has been superb all year when they focus and that was without Haslem. But damn I'm glad to have him back.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Favorite Heatle.

5ass
06-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Im gonna say yes they would have made the finals, haslem has been good though

NYKnickFanatic
06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
When I first saw this, I thought you were bringing up a trade idea; Kevin Love for Udonis Haslem. :p Silly me.

KnicksorBust
06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't even know how this is a question. He didn't play in the Philly series and he only played 2:46 in the Boston series. So really this question boils down to could they have beaten Chicago without Haslem. Considering they did it in 5 games with him, I doubt a role player could swing a series that dramatically. I'll give him credit for a huge game 2 but other than that either Miami won comfortably or he had limitted impact.

Bruno
06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
His defense on Dirk on the final play of game three was fantastic. I think they would have made it to the finals regardless, but IMO Haslem and Chalmers have been the x-factors for the Heat in these finals.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
I put no, but it is impossible to tell. We would have lost game 2 to Chicago and been in an 0-2 whole. I think we would have lost that series if it were not for him.

JordansBulls
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
It seems to me that Haslem has been an invaluable asset to the Heat, and considering how little time he had from being fully recovered to being inserted into the game, it seems he has been able to contribute a lot without disturbing the chemistry the team had spent all year developing.

So here is the question. Had Haslem not been able to come back for the post season, would the Heat be in the finals right now?

I doubt it because his game 2 vs Chicago is what changed the series.

SportsFanatic10
06-06-2011, 05:09 PM
haslem is a key part for miami and he deserves any recognition he gets thats for sure. the heat missed him badly after the injury but i'm not sure he was the sole difference in them making the finals though. when hes fully healthy his midrange jumper is killer on catch and shoots i expect big things from him and miller next season.

Chronz
06-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I doubt it because his game 2 vs Chicago is what changed the series.

Without him they would be forced to play big z, are you sold that he would fail?

Jewelz0376
06-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I think the Heat would still be fine with Joel playing extra mins..

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Likely but its too hard to say.

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I would like to say yes, Haslem was just another weapon against Chicago. He IMO made it too much for Chicago. Without him, I say we would have lost Game 2, but came back and won both in Miami, went to Game 5 tied 2-2. I am just not sure.

mttwlsn16
06-06-2011, 06:00 PM
LOVE me some udonis haslem. chris bosh needs to get that haslem hair back

Hangtime
06-06-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a guy return from missing most the season during the middle of the playoffs and have an immediate impact. Haslem has given an already hot team an extra shot of adrenaline defensively. This was the Miami everyone feared would surface earlier this season.

Chronz
06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I think the Heat would still be fine with Joel playing extra mins..

Forgetting aside the occasional foul trouble he would endure, theres still the matter of spacing. There are times when the Heat NEED to surround Wade-Bron with shooters. Thats the true beauty of a big like Haslem

Kyben36
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
when I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be Kevin Love for udonis haslem, and i was going to tear you apart.

SportsFanatic10
06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
one thing i want to mention is the heat have really needed haslem's help on the boards. anthony isn't a great rebounder especially on defense because hes looking for the blocks. haslem is a great rebounder and when he doesn't get the rebound hes still usually boxing someone out to at least prevent them from getting it so his value is bigger than the numbers show. having haslem is alot better than playing anthony extended minutes.

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 06:44 PM
yes, but haslem has made some big contributions

DoJoTheSlasher
06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Hate him but he's really good. He's a starter in this league. If Miami could trade Bosh for a starting PG (Maybe Lawson or Felton) and get a solid bench SG/SF and PF they would be better.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Hate him but he's really good. He's a starter in this league. If Miami could trade Bosh for a starting PG (Maybe Lawson or Felton) and get a solid bench SG/SF and PF they would be better.

We're fine. Why would we trade Bosh for anyone? Our bench is great too (haslem, mario, miller, even j.j. while he was playing deliver).

SwaggaIke
06-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Would we be in the Finals? There's no telling. Would we be capable of defending Dallas at this level? My answer is a resounding hell no. Haslems basketball IQ has to be up there in the top tier of players in the league. Our defense was good, but UD honestly takes it to a historic level. Not only is the man an elite team defender but he's a truly elite man defender. W/ the tear Dirk has been on ALL POSTSEASON defending him is one hell of a task. To get splashed on over & over & still come back for more takes more mental strength than most will ever have.

His defense on Dirks last shot miss or make should be shown over & over to young aspiring pro's.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-06-2011, 08:31 PM
We're fine. Why would we trade Bosh for anyone? Our bench is great too (haslem, mario, miller, even j.j. while he was playing deliver).

Because frankly, Bosh just isn't that good...

12evolution 9
06-06-2011, 08:31 PM
UD has always been a valuable piece to the HEAT since he was drafted here.

He is never under appreciated within HEAT community fan base.

12evolution 9
06-06-2011, 08:41 PM

you serious... Bosh isn't that good??

cmon brah... he is a top 15 player in the league...

Hoopsadvocate
06-06-2011, 09:28 PM
FUnny because a lot of people (mainly bulls fans) were saying how haslem wouldnt make a difference especially coming back from injury after missing most of the season. HEAT fans tried to warn u this guy is invaluable to our team on and off the court.

"Never underestimate the heart of a champion"

Hoopsadvocate
06-06-2011, 09:33 PM

Hes avg more points in the finals than any of the dallas Scrubricks besides Dirk. And thats as a third option so if hes not that good what the hell does that make ur team (besides dirk).

zo#33
06-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Dirk is shooting 39% when guarded by haslem in the series

DoJoTheSlasher
06-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Hes avg more points in the finals than any of the dallas Scrubricks besides Dirk. And thats as a third option so if hes not that good what the hell does that make ur team (besides dirk).

Just shows how good Dirk is. And how can you call us scrubs when we make the Finals? Oh yeah because the Heat are the only basketball team on the face of the planet. And Bosh being top 15 in NBA......

Hoopsadvocate
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Just shows how good Dirk is. And how can you call us scrubs when we make the Finals? Oh yeah because the Heat are the only basketball team on the face of the planet. And Bosh being top 15 in NBA......

Same reason u didnt use this logic when refering to bosh as not that good. See how that works...

Again if hes not that good and hes avg more points than all but one player one ur team what does that make ur team if bosh is considered not so good in ur eyes? I think it means there worse than not so good aka scrubs. right?

IM only using ur logic dude