PDA

View Full Version : At This Point Is Bosh Worth The Big 3 Hype?

WriterCyril
06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
They were first dubbed the ‘Big 3′. Sure, last summer Miami scored on some big free agents, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and … Chris Bosh?

When I first heard his name keep coming up in the same sentence as LeBron and Wade, I knew it wasn’t right. A man coming from the Toronto Raptors who made the playoffs 2 times out of his 7 years there.

And I know he didn’t have much help there (if any at all, god those teams were awful!), but did LeBron in Cleveland? If Bosh and LeBron are going to be put in the same sentence, shouldn’t their accomplishments, with almost equally awful teams, be similar?

We all know that they were never close to similar. LeBron took Cleveland to national prominence making the NBA Finals and rarely missing the playoffs, while Bosh never made Toronto a national power or took them anywhere close to the NBA Finals (not even the second round of the playoffs).

And yet he continues to be a part of the ‘big 3′ in everyone’s eyes. I know that these guys were the ‘big 3′ since day 1, and Bosh will never not be a part of it while on the Heat, but I think that he does way less then people already think he does.

Maybe, you might say, that even though the media and fans have put him in the ‘big 3′, he might individually still know that he is just a good supplemental player on that team. Maybe he doesn’t think he is a part of the ‘big 3′, but we know this isn’t the case after the Boozer incident in the second round.

After game 1 of the Heat/Bulls series, Boozer was quoted as saying “they have 2 great players”, not 3. What did Bosh do as a response to this? Did he accept and acknowledge his role as supplemaental? Did he scoff at Boozer’s notion and just ignore and win? No, Wade was quoted as saying “Chris has been a different player since he heard of the Boozer comments”.

Hmm, maybe Bosh does think that he is a part if the ‘big 3′.

I know that when players want to be considered great, they must play well when it matters. Bosh is shooting 30% these NBA Finals, compared to LeBron (51%) and Wade (53%) that isn’t what great players are made of.

But I digress, the man made the game winning shot last night. For now, that’s all that needs to be said.

What do you think?

Cyril Dunham is an aspiring sports writer, find his work at www.mysportsanalysis.com

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
yep, he's the best third option in the league

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
He got 18pts with one eye last night.

The guy is doing plenty.

SportsAndrew25
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Bosh is only a complementary player for Lebron and Wade, simple as that. He did not carry Toronto on his back, so why trust him to carry Miami?

Fnom11
06-06-2011, 02:41 PM
I still think they're playing him wrong

BarackObama
06-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Short answer: yes

Long answer: yes

twoearl
06-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Short answer: yes

Long answer: yes

This! I mean c'mon people geez. They are TWO games from a championship, what else do some of you want? lol

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Bosh is only a complementary player for Lebron and Wade, simple as that. He did not carry Toronto on his back, so why trust him to carry Miami?

Because the dude has been clutch this season

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
idk, if u know, but bosh had the go ahead score yesterday..... oh yea, with 1 eye.

i think the answer is a pretty clear, yes

D-Leethal
06-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I think a 'big 3' implies that the 3 dudes are on the same level as NBA players. Bosh is probably the best 3rd option in the league, but the drop off from Wade to Bosh is freakin huge, so I don't think he should be mentioned as part of their 'big 3'.....I think they have the best duo in the NBA and the best 3rd option in the league

mttwlsn16
06-06-2011, 02:52 PM
I mean c'mon people geez. They are TWO games from a championship, what else do some of you want? lol

this

Davidgta1
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Hell yeah the dude had one eye last night an still was clutch in the 4th his eye was messed up every time I looked at it my eyes got watery

Necrosis
06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
i have watched chris in all 7 years being a raps fan. This is the guy that averaged 27 and 13 for the first two months of last season being on a **** team. He can put up 20 and 10 easy but he is being used wrong for all intensive purposes. Much of his game was isos and pick and pops, he can score on any big one on one but because of wade and lebron he is usually the recipient of a dribble drive were he has to shoot. I don't see him being used effectively or playing to his strengths. He doesn's score like amare, he is not a back to the basket finesse player like pau. He is a face up pick and roll finisher, which is hard to do with those two guys on the team who are ball dominant.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
you dont have to be as good as lebron to be apart of a big three. paul pierce, ray allen and kevin garnet were considered a big three and none of those guys are as good as lebron either.

they are the big three because they are all star players on the same team. no one ever said they would have to be equal in talent. any donkey can tell you bosh isnt as good as wade or lebron. but that doesnt make him bad either. I dont care much for bosh at all but i can still admit that he is a top 20player in the league.

Mishmin
06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
He has some giant shadows to stand in, and that being said, he's certainly holding his own. He'll be even more comfortable next year.

sep11ie
06-06-2011, 03:02 PM
http://youtu.be/9ffL573XI50

m26555
06-06-2011, 03:03 PM
No he isn't.

ATX
06-06-2011, 03:04 PM
It's a big 3, yes, without question. The two and half thing...I get it, as an insult...Sure he's not a James or a Wade...But we all knew that heading into the season. He's the last third of the big three, sure, but still as a 3rd option...Your hard pressed to find a better one out there. He was willing to sacrifice the most, and obviously his role has been working, as Miami is just 2 games away from a Championship.

Frantico
06-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Pierce, Allen, and KG were called "The big 3" for a reason. They were considered "The Big 3" because there was not a huge drop off in talent between the 3 of them. Sure, they might have different strengths and weaknesses, but they all brought different things to the table, and you could argue that they were all just as important as the other. A Allen 3 is just as important as a KG block or a Pierce drive.

But there is a HUGE drop off between LBJ/Wade and Bosh. They shouldn't even be in the conversation. The big 2? Yes, absolutely. The big 3? No way.

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
No he isn't.

who is?

m26555
06-06-2011, 03:07 PM
who is?
I like Ray Allen there.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 03:10 PM
I like Ray Allen there.

ray allen is not a third option. he was a first option his whole career. when he went to boston he was first or second option behind pierce.

stripersniper77
06-06-2011, 03:10 PM
bosh is clearly the best third option in the league and based on what we have seen of him in the past there are plenty of teams who would love to have him as their number 2

m26555
06-06-2011, 03:11 PM
ray allen is not a third option. he was a first option his whole career. when he went to boston he was first or second option behind pierce.
1. Pierce
2. Garnett
3. Allen

Allen is the third option. And Bosh was a first option his entire career before Miami as well, so I don't see how that's relevant.

Shark
06-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Lol he gets poked in the eye and all of a sudden these Heat fans are like "he was playing with 1 eye" and he got the winning basket. Who gives a flying fk, his FG% was terrible, Wade even said he had to get on Bosh's case. He hasnt been clutch this year. If they dont win, LeBron is gonna have to blame someone and that would be Bosh.

Ever notice, that LeBron always goes over to Wade as if they are boys, and he always excludes Bosh.. hahaha

m26555
06-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Lol he gets poked in the eye and all of a sudden these Heat fans are like "he was playing with 1 eye" and he got the winning basket. Who gives a flying fk, his FG% was terrible, Wade even said he had to get on Bosh's case. He hasnt been clutch this year. If they dont win, LeBron is gonna have to blame someone and that would be Bosh.

Ever notice, that LeBron always goes over to Wade as if they are boys, and he always excludes Bosh.. hahaha
Yeah. It's funny how people are neglecting the fact that Bosh was absolutely horrendous the entire game before that shot. He was legitimately a liability out there for most of the night.

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I like Ray Allen there.

yea i can see ray allen there but i still like bosh more as the best 3rd option in the league.

m26555
06-06-2011, 03:16 PM
yea i can see ray allen there but i still like bosh more as the best 3rd option in the league.
It's definitely arguable. I guess it just depends on personal preference. I would just like to have a guy who is certainly one of the most clutch players in NBA history. Bosh is definitely more talented (at this stage), but I'd rather go to war with Ray.

mustaine
06-06-2011, 03:18 PM
He has to be... last summer there were three power forwards available. Amar'e being the best by far and he was never going to the Heat. There was Boozer and I'm pretty sure that the Heat didn't want anything to do with him (I'm a Bulls fan and would gladly take Bosh over Boozer, pretty sure the Heat would have more problems if they would swap places and the Bulls would be better). Then there was Bosh, he can score, has a sweet stroke and is the best third option in the league (probably). So yeah, he's worth it. He's a good player, just figuring out how he fits into Heat basketball. Going from the number one option to the number three can't be easy, give the guy a break. It might take him even more time to get used to this situation, understandably so.

marvILLous
06-06-2011, 03:18 PM
when you have 3 of the top 20 players in a league of about 400, i think you can consider them a big three. it just happens that two of them are at the top of the list while the third is near the bottom of the top 20 list.

there's a big drop off from bosh to whoever is 4th best on that team.. even bigger than the drop off from wade to bosh.. so it's not like bosh is a scrub or just a role player.. he's still an all star and has been clutch for most of the playoffs. he's apart of the big 3

Chronz
06-06-2011, 03:22 PM
you dont have to be as good as lebron to be apart of a big three. paul pierce, ray allen and kevin garnet were considered a big three and none of those guys are as good as lebron either.

they are the big three because they are all star players on the same team. no one ever said they would have to be equal in talent. any donkey can tell you bosh isnt as good as wade or lebron. but that doesnt make him bad either. I dont care much for bosh at all but i can still admit that he is a top 20player in the league.

Thank you, someone show me a Big 3 where all 3 of the members were equally good.

PhillyFaninLA
06-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Chris Bosh

2010 - 2011

points 18.7 regular season 18.2 playoffs
rebounds 8.3 regular/8.6 playoffs
blocks .6 regular/.9 playoffs

jockrider
06-06-2011, 03:25 PM

who ever of the boston big 4 is the third option > bosh.

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 03:26 PM
who ever of the boston big 4 is the third option > bosh.
nope, bosh would be the second option on the celtics.

Rapthug
06-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Funny thing is the media hardly refer to Miami trio as the "Big 3". It's more of the "Big 2".

This eye thing with Bosh is so blown overboard. Really....his eye looked bad? Please!

Great job getting those 3 boards.....oh yeah, who was guarding Dirk on the last play.....not Chris Bosh.

jockrider
06-06-2011, 03:28 PM

over who? lol.

Chronz
06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
over who? lol.

Your right he'd probably be their first option

jockrider
06-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Your right he'd probably be their first option

do you actually believe that?

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Funny thing is the media hardly refer to Miami trio as the "Big 3". It's more of the "Big 2".

This eye thing with Bosh is so blown overboard. Really....his eye looked bad? Please!

Great job getting those 3 boards.....oh yeah, who was guarding Dirk on the last play.....not Chris Bosh.

Did you SEE his eye after the game with hannah storm? j.kidd smacked him like tyson it looked like! :cry:

John Walls Era
06-06-2011, 03:41 PM

He doesn't watch games. Just looks at the boxscore.

Jemikz9Clutch
06-06-2011, 03:44 PM
I still think they're playing him wrong

yup. bosh on a pick n roll was good. we saw that against the lakers, grizzlies and spurs game last march. for some reason, they stop doing that.

JordansBulls
06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Yes most definitely. Hard to get shots when you have two top 3 players in the league on the team.

Chronz
06-06-2011, 03:58 PM
do you actually believe that?
Do you actually have any factual backing to assume it couldnt be true? Being the first option offensively doesnt imply being the teams best player, besides on a team like Boston where the ball is spread out evenly I dont see how its absurd to claim that the in his prime 20-10 caliber player would be the guy taking the most shots.

Who do you consider the Celtics first option?

YoungOne
06-06-2011, 03:59 PM
It's funny how most of you overating him so much :D

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2011, 04:03 PM
nope

heathonater
06-06-2011, 04:13 PM
it looks like bosh has figured out his role on the team after struggling pretty badly at times in the regular season. sure, he's nowhere near the level of james and wade, but he's a really good third option to have.

jockrider
06-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Do you actually have any factual backing to assume it couldnt be true? Being the first option offensively doesnt imply being the teams best player, besides on a team like Boston where the ball is spread out evenly I dont see how its absurd to claim that the in his prime 20-10 caliber player would be the guy taking the most shots.

Who do you consider the Celtics first option?

paul pierce.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 04:39 PM
1. Pierce
2. Garnett
3. Allen

Allen is the third option. And Bosh was a first option his entire career before Miami as well, so I don't see how that's relevant.

when allen and pierce take the last shots that makes them the first and second option on offense. garnet was always theyre defensive anchor but we saw his offense drop off big time when he went to boston. how many times have you seen allen hit game winning shots ? you dont give your third option the ball on the last pocession of a game that many times. I rather allen over garnet as an offensive first option anyday.. he is a way better shooter and obviously more clutch.

ray allen was a legitamate first option in his prime. chris bosh never was, he became a first option by default because carter left but he was never succesfull in terms of leading his team to actual playoff victories. he lead the raptors to two play off aperances in 7 seasons and both were first round exits. he was never cut out to be a franchise player.

avrpatsfan
06-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Ray Allen says hi.

avrpatsfan
06-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Lol what? Ray and Pierce are still better offensively.

L@ker4Life
06-06-2011, 04:47 PM
idk, if u know, but bosh had the go ahead score yesterday..... oh yea, with 1 eye.

i think the answer is a pretty clear, yes

Yeah and Fisher has hit plenty of game winners IN THE FINALS, but that doesn't make him a superstar. Just sayin...

avrpatsfan
06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
when allen and pierce take the last shots that makes them the first and second option on offense. garnet was always theyre defensive achor but we saw his offense drop off big time when he went to boston. how many times have you seen allen hit game winning shots ? you dont give your third option the ball on the last pocession of a game.
Didn't Eddie House hit a game winner for the Heat? He's not even playing in the Finals. You go with the most clutch player and that's Ray.

Law25
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I believe he should be apart of the big three because ther were three franchise players who teamed up not two, but to compare them to the Celtics big three i decided to use ther finals stats. Celtics from 08 and Heat thus far you can draw an conclusions yourself.

2008 finals
paul pierce 21.8pts 4.5rebs 6.3ast 0.3blks 1.1stls
Garnett 18.2pts 13rebs 3ast 1blk 1.6stls
Ray Allen 20.3pts 5rebs 2.5ast 0.67blks 1.3stls

2011 finals
Wade 29pts 8rebs 5ast 1.6blks 1.3 stls
LeBron 19pts 6.6rebs 6ast 2.3 stls 0.3blks
Bosh 16pts 6.6rebs 1ast 0.3blks

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 04:59 PM
ray allen ppg averages last 3 seasons

08-09 season 18.2 ppg
09-10 season 16.3 ppg
10-11 season 16.5 ppg

kg ppg averages last 3 seasons

08-09 season 15.8 ppg
09-10 season 14.3 ppg
10-11 season 14.9 ppg

simple indication that ray allen was used more in the offense then kg was in the last 3 seasons. i dont know how this would make ray allen a third option when clearly he has been scoring more then kg consistantly over the last 3-4 seasons.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Didn't Eddie House hit a game winner for the Heat? He's not even playing in the Finals. You go with the most clutch player and that's Ray.

Your comparing eddie house to ray allen ? ray allen and paul pierce have been the offensive go to guys in boston since they formed i dont know how you can dispute that by bringing eddie house in the convo.

avrpatsfan
06-06-2011, 05:02 PM
ray allen ppg averages last 3 seasons

08-09 season 18.2 ppg
09-10 season 16.3 ppg
10-11 season 16.5 ppg

kg ppg averages last 3 seasons

08-09 season 15.8 ppg
09-10 season 14.3 ppg
10-11 season 14.9 ppg

simple indication that ray allen was used more in the offense then kg was in the last 3 seasons. i dont know how this would make ray allen a third option when clearly he has been scoring more then kg consistantly over the last 3-4 seasons.
They still go to KG more often. I actually watch Celtics games and I can tell you that.

avrpatsfan
06-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I believe he should be apart of the big three because ther were three franchise players who teamed up not two, but to compare them to the Celtics big three i decided to use ther finals stats. Celtics from 08 and Heat thus far you can draw an conclusions yourself.

2008 finals
paul pierce 21.8pts 4.5rebs 6.3ast 0.3blks 1.1stls
Garnett 18.2pts 13rebs 3ast 1blk 1.6stls
Ray Allen 20.3pts 5rebs 2.5ast 0.67blks 1.3stls

2011 finals
Wade 29pts 8rebs 5ast 1.6blks 1.3 stls
LeBron 19pts 6.6rebs 6ast 2.3 stls 0.3blks
Bosh 16pts 6.6rebs 1ast 0.3blks
He is part of the Big 3, that should be generally accepted. I understand why fans call it the Big 2+Bosh especially after that 1-18 performance, but Bosh is still an elite player.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Ray Allen says hi.

ray allen has never been a third option. first option through out most of his career. 2nd option in boston. kg was never the 2nd option on offense. bostons offense is spread out pretty evenly but paul and ray were always the guys the plays were ran for first on offense.

avrpatsfan
06-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Your comparing eddie house to ray allen ? ray allen and paul pierce have been the offensive go to guys in boston since they formed i dont know how you can dispute that by bringing eddie house in the convo.
Your reasoning for saying Ray Allen is the #2 option is because we go to him for clutch shots. By that same reasoning Eddie House is a #2 option. And KG has also hit game winners and clutch shots too. Ray has always been considered as the #3 player on the team since the trades.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 05:07 PM
They still go to KG more often. I actually watch Celtics games and I can tell you that.

I watch theyre games too my man. and i disagree. but thats ok to have a different opinion. no worries.

guys comparing ray allen to bosh as a third option are just nutty. ray allen has always been a high octain offensive player and elite in terms of offense. you cant compare the players they are not in the same class. ray ray will go down as one of the best shooters of all time. bosh will not be remembered for being one of the best at anything.

BUT bosh is still an elite top 20 player and allstar theyre for miami does have a big three. theres not question about it.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Your reasoning for saying Ray Allen is the #2 option is because we go to him for clutch shots. By that same reasoning Eddie House is a #2 option. And KG has also hit game winners and clutch shots too. Ray has always been considered as the #3 player on the team since the trades.

eddie house hit a few shots here and there... how many plays were designed for him. im not saying ray allen is the 2nd option simply because he is clutch. i listed that as ONE of the reasons i would go to him on offense before i would go to kg thats all.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 05:10 PM
He is part of the Big 3, that should be generally accepted. I understand why fans call it the Big 2+Bosh especially after that 1-18 performance, but Bosh is still an elite player.

i agree with the bolded statement. our debate over ray allen is errelevant to the thread so lets just agree to disagree my man.

Law25
06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Another thing to think about
the 08 finals
Pau Gasol
14pts 10rebs 3ast 0.5blks 0.5blks

Bosh 2011 finals
16pts 6.6rebs 1ast 0.3blks

slightly better than Bosh so far but everyone gave him his respect. Even though they called him soft they never question if he belonged. Another thing to look at.

Pau Gasol career
18pts 9rebs 3ast 1blk

Chris Bosh career
20pts 9rebs 2ast 1blk

and both players never made it out the first round before joining ther current teams. So if Gasol gets his respect Bosh should get his respect.

avrpatsfan
06-06-2011, 05:15 PM
ray allen has never been a third option. first option through out most of his career. 2nd option in boston. kg was never the 2nd option on offense. bostons offense is spread out pretty evenly but paul and ray were always the guys the plays were ran for first on offense.
In 2007 KG took more shots per game than Ray. And every year they've been on the Celtics except 2008/09 when KG was hurt KG has taken more free throws.
USG Stats (How often the player was used in offensive possessions)
2011 Kevin Garnett: 22.3% Ray Allen 19.8%
2010 Kevin Garnett: 22.1% Ray Allen 20.2%
2009 Kevin Garnett: 23.4% Ray Allen 20.8%
2008 Kevin Garnett: 25.5% Ray Allen 21.6%
Try again.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 06:09 PM
In 2007 KG took more shots per game than Ray. And every year they've been on the Celtics except 2008/09 when KG was hurt KG has taken more free throws.
USG Stats (How often the player was used in offensive possessions)
2011 Kevin Garnett: 22.3% Ray Allen 19.8%
2010 Kevin Garnett: 22.1% Ray Allen 20.2%
2009 Kevin Garnett: 23.4% Ray Allen 20.8%
2008 Kevin Garnett: 25.5% Ray Allen 21.6%
Try again.

try again ? first of all speak properly this is a discussion not a battle.

2ndly what your saying is kg took more shots and atempted more free throws and some how he averaged less points every year ?

if kg is taking more shots and averaging less points then he is the less efeicient scorer.

and free throws are no indication that doc rivers uses kg more on offense. allen is a 3 point shooter and kg is a big man, if your facing boston how many times are you going to foul allen out on the three point line? kg is a big man in the paint ofcourse he will get fouled more.

SportsFanatic10
06-06-2011, 06:09 PM
lebron and wade are superstars while bosh is an allstar. i feel that he should be included in the big 3 because well how many teams have 3 allstars. bosh had to change his game the most i think this season and the longer they play together the more comfortable he'll become. i'd say towards the end of next season he'll be putting up slightly better numbers with more efficiency.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Thank you, someone show me a Big 3 where all 3 of the members were equally good.

no doubt chronz.

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 06:12 PM
anybody who thinks know is either stupid or in denial. He is a 24/11 guy as a #1 option and a 18/8 option as a #3. By far the 3rd best option in the league. He is also clutch.

Hangtime
06-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I have expressed criticism with Bosh's game all season and haven't had many good things to say. Just not a fan of his game. But I will say he has played surprisingly well many times during the playoffs. At times he just reverts back to being totally irrelevant on the floor. But give him a little credit, when he shows he has been a huge factor.

NBA_Starter
06-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Bosh is averaging 16.3 ppg in the NBA Finals. I'd say that's a pretty good third option!

SportsFanatic10
06-06-2011, 06:26 PM
hes also a big part of what miami does defensively. great pick and roll defender and in alot of ways the heats anchor on rotations.

smith&wesson
06-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Bosh is averaging 16.3 ppg in the NBA Finals. I'd say that's a pretty good third option!

I agree

k.smith904
06-06-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't like Bosh and he's pretty soft on defense, but the dude is a clutch shooter.

He may not live up to Lebron and Wade status, but he's still an all-star, and a great player. You take any player in the league and put them as a 3rd option with LBJ and Wade, and I bet they score less PPG than Bosh.

TylerSL
06-06-2011, 06:58 PM
If you dont consider somebody who is in the top 20 in the league as a "big 3" your crazy. If you dont consider Bosh big 3 with Wade and Lebron than the Bulls didnt have a big 3 with Rodman. Because there was an even bigger drop off from Pippen to Rodman than there was with Wade to Bosh...............

Lil Half Dead
06-06-2011, 07:06 PM
He's one of the best complimentary pieces in the league, but I don't feel they are a "Big 3".

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
He's one of the best complimentary pieces in the league, but I don't feel they are a "Big 3".

He's really the third first option on the team, not the third option. It's a Big Three.

naps
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
He's an allstar. So why would there be a question about him being a part of the "Big Three"??? He's on his way to be a member of the greatest big three of all time.

FriedTofuz
06-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Dirk Would have been better.

SportsFanatic10
06-06-2011, 07:59 PM
^ short term and bosh is a better defender/rebounder overall besides being younger. i'm happy the way it is.

avrpatsfan
06-07-2011, 10:40 AM
try again ? first of all speak properly this is a discussion not a battle.

2ndly what your saying is kg took more shots and atempted more free throws and some how he averaged less points every year ?

if kg is taking more shots and averaging less points then he is the less efeicient scorer.

and free throws are no indication that doc rivers uses kg more on offense. allen is a 3 point shooter and kg is a big man, if your facing boston how many times are you going to foul allen out on the three point line? kg is a big man in the paint ofcourse he will get fouled more.
Ray Allen shoots 3s and KG doesn't. And Ray drives the lane a lot too. KG shoots a lot on the perimeter too.

HiphopRelated
06-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Whoever y'all want to call Boston's 3rd best player, Bosh is currently better than him

cooldavid3169
06-07-2011, 03:05 PM
At this point is your thread worth the hype. He is better than Boozer go back to the last series. Amare can't stay healthy for a full season, he was hurt when they needed him the most. 23 and 11 guy is worth the hype. He is just the third best player on his team is all.

They were first dubbed the ‘Big 3′. Sure, last summer Miami scored on some big free agents, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and … Chris Bosh?

When I first heard his name keep coming up in the same sentence as LeBron and Wade, I knew it wasn’t right. A man coming from the Toronto Raptors who made the playoffs 2 times out of his 7 years there.

And I know he didn’t have much help there (if any at all, god those teams were awful!), but did LeBron in Cleveland? If Bosh and LeBron are going to be put in the same sentence, shouldn’t their accomplishments, with almost equally awful teams, be similar?

We all know that they were never close to similar. LeBron took Cleveland to national prominence making the NBA Finals and rarely missing the playoffs, while Bosh never made Toronto a national power or took them anywhere close to the NBA Finals (not even the second round of the playoffs).

And yet he continues to be a part of the ‘big 3′ in everyone’s eyes. I know that these guys were the ‘big 3′ since day 1, and Bosh will never not be a part of it while on the Heat, but I think that he does way less then people already think he does.

Maybe, you might say, that even though the media and fans have put him in the ‘big 3′, he might individually still know that he is just a good supplemental player on that team. Maybe he doesn’t think he is a part of the ‘big 3′, but we know this isn’t the case after the Boozer incident in the second round.

After game 1 of the Heat/Bulls series, Boozer was quoted as saying “they have 2 great players”, not 3. What did Bosh do as a response to this? Did he accept and acknowledge his role as supplemaental? Did he scoff at Boozer’s notion and just ignore and win? No, Wade was quoted as saying “Chris has been a different player since he heard of the Boozer comments”.

Hmm, maybe Bosh does think that he is a part if the ‘big 3′.

I know that when players want to be considered great, they must play well when it matters. Bosh is shooting 30% these NBA Finals, compared to LeBron (51%) and Wade (53%) that isn’t what great players are made of.

But I digress, the man made the game winning shot last night. For now, that’s all that needs to be said.

What do you think?

Cyril Dunham is an aspiring sports writer, find his work at www.mysportsanalysis.com

mikealike305
06-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Bosh isnt a 3rd wheel on a awkward bike

he's the kick stand on a Ducatti :)