PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: A story of an incredibly shrinking superstar By Gregg Doyel

ChitownBears22
06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/15202274/lebron-james-story-of-an-incredibly-shrinking-superstar

DALLAS -- On the one hand, it doesn't matter. The Miami Heat won Game 3 of the NBA Finals, so who cares that the Heat had to win it without LeBron James?

On the other hand, the only hand I'm willing to consider, it does matter. Because LeBron James isn't just any player, or even just any superstar. He's better than that, or to use words Scottie Pippen would have been wise to use a few weeks ago, James has the chance to be better than anyone who has ever played this game.

Given that truism -- and it's true, people -- then it does matter. It matters quite a bit, actually, that the Miami Heat had to win an emotional roller coaster of a Game 3, a game that history shows will decide who wins the entire NBA Finals, without a superstar performance from LeBron James. Or even a star performance. James wasn't a superstar Sunday night, wasn't a star, wasn't much more than ordinary given that he played 45 minutes and mustered just 17 points and three rebounds. He had nine assists, but four turnovers. All told, in 45 minutes of action, that's not a lot more than ordinary. It's damn sure not superstar production.

Dirk Nowitzki was the biggest superstar in this game. Some people will remember Nowitzki for the missed jumper at the buzzer that allowed the Heat to escape with an 88-86 victory and a 2-1 series edge. Me, I'll remember his 34 points and his 11 rebounds and even his three blocks, including an emphatic denial of a Chris Bosh dunk. Plus I'll remember the way he took over in the fourth quarter. That's Superman time in the NBA, and Nowitzki was the guy in the blue tights and red cape. He scored 15 points in the quarter, including the Mavericks' final 12.

That came days after Nowitzki had scored the Mavs' final nine points -- the winning bucket with 3.6 seconds left -- to cap a furious rally and win Game 2. Meanwhile in Game 2, James was no superstar. Nor was he a star. He was good, but given the minutes he gets and the amount of time with the ball in his hands, he wasn't much more than ordinary in Game 2, when he had 20 points, eight rebounds and four assists. Those are nice numbers for a good player. They are subpar numbers for a great one.

And it happened again in Game 3. James had 17 points and nine assists, yes, but he had more turnovers (four) than rebounds (three). He was 6 of 14 from the field. After vowing for two days to get to the foul line in bulk -- "I'll be in attack mode," he had said earlier Sunday -- James went to the foul line four times all game. All in the first half.

To date, Game 3 has been the biggest moment of James' career. And he shrank from it.

Not Dwyane Wade. He never shrinks in the NBA Finals, not in 2006 when he put up monster numbers -- 34.7 ppg, 7.8 rpg -- and not in 2011 either. After erupting for 36 points in Game 2, Wade had 29 points and 11 rebounds in Game 3. For the 2011 Finals he's averaging 29 ppg, 8.7 rpg and 5.0 assists. Superstar numbers.

LeBron wasn't at that level. He was barely at Chris Bosh's level. Bosh had a lousy three rebounds -- just like James -- but he had 18 points, including the winning bucket. That was a 17-footer with 39.6 seconds left, and it came off an assist from James, who delivered it neatly to the corner. Those who love James, and I don't mean just the Miami Herald, although most days that's the first place I would start looking, will hail the heroism of that pass. And it was a nice pass.

Me, I'm wondering about James' disappearance in the fourth quarter. He played all 12 minutes but took just three shots, making one, a front-running dunk after he took the ball from Shawn Marion from behind. You want a metaphor? You got one.

After that play, James took two shots the rest of the quarter. He was blocked by Marion with 1:15 left and the game tied at 86, then missed a 3-pointer that would have clinched the victory with 4.9 seconds left. When someone makes a movie of the fourth quarter, they can cast Rick Moranis as LeBron James and call it Honey, I Shrunk the Superstar.

That's what I'll remember about James from Game 3. His shrinkage, and how it continued a series of shrinkages. After three games in these NBA Finals, James has scored nine points in the fourth quarter. That's total. That's three points a game in the fourth quarter, which means in crunch time LeBron James becomes Joel Anthony.

In three fourth quarters, LeBron James has scored a total of nine points.
I asked him about that after Game 3. I asked him, pretty much word-for-word, how come he hasn't been playing like a superstar in the fourth quarter? What's going on with that? James played the defensive-stopper card. That's why he's out there, you know. For his defense. He's not a latter-day Michael Jordan. He's a latter-day Dudley Bradley.

"I think you're concentrating on one side of the floor," James told me. "I'm a two-way player. All you're looking at is the stat sheet."

Ah, yes. The whole stats-are-for-losers argument. Point taken. But you know what else is for losers? Whining about the officiating, which James has gotten (too) good at doing. He has started to get a bitter-beer face every time he wants a foul called. By my count it happened Sunday night eight times, seeing how James missed eight shots from the field.

James has always complained about not getting calls -- all players do, superstar or not -- but as the pressure of this postseason mounts, his complaints have escalated. He's nearly at the level of Dwight Howard, and that's a level no self-respecting superstar should ever reach.

But that's what it has been like for James in these NBA Finals, a series of flops for calls and then the bitter-beer face when nobody falls for it. I'm starting to think James is making things worse for himself, like the boy who cried wolf -- lying about it so often that nobody takes him seriously when it actually happens.

Remember that play I mentioned earlier, the shot by James that Marion blocked with 1:15 left? There was a foul on that play. Marion bumped him. No doubt about it. But instead of getting the call, as superstars almost always do, James got nothing.

Maybe the officials are onto something.

Maybe LeBron James isn't a superstar.

If the 2011 NBA Finals were the only games I had seen him play, that would be my conclusion.

Guy gets told off and then still writes the story. Why ask the question when you are going to just tweak the answer. This guy should lose his credentials.

marvILLous
06-06-2011, 12:58 PM
lol one word, HATER

DenButsu
06-06-2011, 12:59 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624343

shizzle09
06-06-2011, 01:02 PM
LMFAO, this story only makes him look worse. shows he doesnt understand what exactly takes place on a basketball court.

JordansBulls
06-06-2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/15202274/lebron-james-story-of-an-incredibly-shrinking-superstar

Guy gets told off and then still writes the story. Why ask the question when you are going to just tweak the answer. This guy should lose his credentials.

I personally expected Lebron to play like he did the other series as well, but Wade is taking over now.

sep11ie
06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm not a LBJ/heat fan AT ALL, but you can't question the dudes ability.

Big Zo
06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
He could have just wrote: "Durp dee durp!" cuz that's all i'm seeing.

shizzle09
06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm guessing we can thank this guy for the game that Lebron is about to play on Tuesday

BIG worm
06-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Incredibly stupid article. The lebron hate is just plain stupid and stale.

avrpatsfan
06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Greg Doyle is an idiot, I've read him before.

Raoul Duke
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
So, I guess Lebron has taken over the throne as the most polarizing athlete in the world? Seriously, people are either saying he's better than Jordan or that he's choking when he doesn't average the kind of stats that make comparisons to Jordan seem sensible.

This article is just downright spiteful. He basically calls James a liar and a crybaby because he was made to look like a fool for asking a pointed question after the game.

Proof positive that 99% of sports writers are basically parasites. You have the Michael Wilbons of the world, and then theres this guy...

JamaicanYouth
06-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Smh its starting to get annoying now I hate lebron more than anyone but people wont shut up about where was lebron? Hes doin other things than just scoring an the are winning so just shut up already

EaglePride615
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
17 and 9 with 3 rebs is definitely superstar stats. its bad for lbj but if it was say rondo, the media would be slobbing him for picking the right places to score and set up his team mates.

lebron let this game come to him while wade went and got it. wade did that last series, he let the game come to him. wade was hot, why did lbj need to take over a game?

Big Zo
06-06-2011, 01:34 PM
He looks like Matt Pinfield

Gibby
06-06-2011, 01:40 PM
come on lebron drop 50 next game.

jiggin
06-06-2011, 01:43 PM
congrats, you just helped accomplish what this reporter set out to do. He will be congratulated by his team and editor...because his column stayed on point but because its controversial its getting viewers.

That was his goal and you helped him with it. Nice work.

jiggin
06-06-2011, 01:43 PM
17 and 9 with 3 rebs is definitely superstar stats. its bad for lbj but if it was say rondo, the media would be slobbing him for picking the right places to score and set up his team mates.

lebron let this game come to him while wade went and got it. wade did that last series, he let the game come to him. wade was hot, why did lbj need to take over a game?

can't compare those two...sorry.

Just looked over the all-star stats for both teams. 17/9/3 would put him on the bottom of the all-star group...maybe a top the second team vote, if you go off those stats alone for the voting.

Southsideheat
06-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't want to hate on Lebron, I think he's fine as a person, a great player and whatnot, but there is something to be said about this. Lebron is acting as if you can't play good defense and play well on offense at the same time. He's done it before in the playoffs this year, but now, its because he's playing defense? Can someone explain that to me?

Giantwarrior
06-06-2011, 01:47 PM
it will be funny to see Wade getting the FINALS MVP over Lebron.

i hope Wade just on the announcers table and says, "this is my team!, this is my team!"

MiamiWadeCounty
06-06-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't want to hate on Lebron, I think he's fine as a person, a great player and whatnot, but there is something to be said about this. Lebron is acting as if you can't play good defense and play well on offense at the same time. He's done it before in the playoffs this year, but now, its because he's playing defense? Can someone explain that to me?

Is saying that with wade dominating on offense he would put all of his energy to defense and setting up plays for others hence he played great D and got 9 assists.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 01:59 PM

Not at all what he said... what he said was, wade had it going really well so they ran the offense through wade this game and he focused on other things he could do without the ball.

All year you guys predicted that this would blow up in clutch situations b/c they dontt know how to play without the ball and "who will the closer be." Well just as they have said all along, the closer will be whoever has the hot hand and the other guy is okay with that.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
If Lebron hit that shot (which went in and out) the conversation today would be about how the HEAT have two cold blooded closers and are dominant... ONE shot rims out and people question Lebron's clutchness all over again. SMH

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Lebron does what needs to be done to win. Whether it means him doing it, or his teammates, it doesn't matter.

Bill Russell-like, actually. Who also doesn't get enough credit as in the GOAT discussions. When you have teammates that can do it too, why not let them?

People are wondering where the Mavericks perimeter shooting has gone. Perhaps Lebron knows.

Southsideheat
06-06-2011, 02:04 PM
There is an interesting conflict here. We've been trained to have 1 superstar, and 1 all-star level player on championship teams. For the first time ever, we now have 2 superstars, and 1 all-star level player. Is is not safe to say that its a luxury for a person like Lebron to be able to say, "Hey, D-Wade has it going tonight, i'll just let him take over." As opposed to guys like Michael Jordan who was the end all be all. There is a difference here.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM

He's not forcing himself into a position to have to make all the shots. He saw how well that worked for him for seven years. He trusts his team. He went to Chris Bosh for the game winning shot, he trusts them.

Master Mind
06-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Lebron can't catch a break

Master Mind
06-06-2011, 02:09 PM
There is an interesting conflict here. We've been trained to have 1 superstar, and 1 all-star level player on championship teams. For the first time ever, we now have 2 superstars, and 1 all-star level player. Is is not safe to say that its a luxury for a person like Lebron to be able to say, "Hey, D-Wade has it going tonight, i'll just let him take over." As opposed to guys like Michael Jordan who was the end all be all. There is a difference here.

I think Shaq and Kobe were both superstars back when they were 3peating...But yeah the added All-Star makes it that more unique

Chronz
06-06-2011, 02:10 PM
So, I guess Lebron has taken over the throne as the most polarizing athlete in the world? Seriously, people are either saying he's better than Jordan or that he's choking when he doesn't average the kind of stats that make comparisons to Jordan seem sensible.

This article is just downright spiteful. He basically calls James a liar and a crybaby because he was made to look like a fool for asking a pointed question after the game.

Proof positive that 99% of sports writers are basically parasites. You have the Michael Wilbons of the world, and then theres this guy...

Wilbon? Hes alright but lets not make him the poster boy

daleja424
06-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Greg Doyle: A story of an incredibly vanishing writing career

Mr Haha
06-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I know it's easy to knock this article. I even think it's a little over-the-top. BUT, since LeBron has been getting a lot of talk about being "the best player in the game" and even "the best player ever" by Scottie Pippen, it DOES matter that he deferred to a teammate in the biggest game of his life. Great, once-in-a-lifetime talent. Best player ever? No way. Could you imagine Michael playing a series tied game three like that?

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I know it's easy to knock this article. I even think it's a little over-the-top. BUT, since LeBron has been getting a lot of talk about being "the best player in the game" and even "the best player ever" by Scottie Pippen, it DOES matter that he deferred to a teammate in the biggest game of his life. Great, once-in-a-lifetime talent. Best player ever? No way. Could you imagine Michael playing a series tied game three like that?

Your holding Lebron responsible for Pippen's comments?

Raoul Duke
06-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Wilbon? Hes alright but lets not make him the poster boy

He's not an actual journalist, but he's a good overall writer and I've never read anything by him that amounted to a scathing blog post.

Lisound15
06-06-2011, 02:19 PM
people need to stop theyre rediculous hating... every team that got "screwed over" by lebrons decision has been somewhat reimbursed and has a bright future ahead of them. cleveland got 2 of the top 4 picks, the knicks got melo and amare, and the bulls have found their star player in derrick rose. People need to just get over it already and stop bashing him for no apparent reason, the guy didnt even play bad last game and he gets nonsensical hate. It's starting to get sickening

Mr Haha
06-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Your holding Lebron responsible for Pippen's comments?

Not at all. But since it's being debated a lot lately, I think it's more than fair to point that out.

SportsAndrew25
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Wait, Lebron is shrinking? :speechless: Come on Lebron, you know you got to use Extenze.

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
^starting to get sickening?

that ship has sailed

SportsAndrew25
06-06-2011, 02:23 PM
lol one word, HATERThis guy is probably Skip Bayless' alter-ego.

barreleffact
06-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Can we please STOP babying Lebron? I mean, statistically he has been FAR from the lebron of last series let alone the lebron of seasons past. He ISNT clutch. He did defer and he did get 9 assists but the reporter's point was proven when someone compared RONDO to Lebron. Rondo and Lebron are two totally different levels of greatness. Rondo is a good player that can be elite. Lebron is an elite player that should Rarely ever play just good. Thats the difference. Lebron has been good, but he has been far from stellar. He deserves the contraversy, if for no other reason than he has been bayed since joining the league. I swear it;s always dont talk about lebron like something off the Britney Spears fan video on youtube. That crap was hilarious and so is this.

Side not, WTH would anyone put Bill Russel as the GOAT for? The dude got 11 rings out of 13, but how many players were in that league? How many teams? How stacked was his? Furthermore, was he a great offensive player at all? NO! There were far less teams in those datys and far less players. Dynaties were easier to build. He wouldnt be some GREAT player in today's leage, the 90s, even the 80's. So to say he doesnt get the GOAT credit he deserves is lunacy. He does get the credit he deserves. Anything more than zero is a compliment. Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc etc etc were far better players. Hell, Lebron would win in a league with 8 teams.

SportsAndrew25
06-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Watch Lebron go into beast mode in Game 4 in reaction to this article.

ShiroRX
MJ quote

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."

Lebron is using teamwork to win. Not just his talent. He got the finals before just on his talent, but without the team to help him win it.

SportsAndrew25
Greg Doyle: A story of an incredibly vanishing writing career:laugh:

Southsideheat
06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
There's Jordan, then there's Kobe who was Jordan-lite

Then there's

Magic, then there's Lebron.

It's like two parellel universes. The best is personal preference. I would say if everything remains the same, and Lebron goes on the win 6 titles, i would still say MJ was better largely because of the inferior talent he was surrounded with. MJ was clearly a better scorer, Lebron probably a shade better defensively, a better passer. But we'll see how Lebron plays when he's 300 lbs.

But when you self-proclaim yourself as "the King", you're going to get criticized no matter how good you are.

Arch Stanton
06-06-2011, 02:29 PM
This guy is probably Skip Bayless' alter-ego.

Wouldn't Skips alter ego say nice things about LeBron?

MagicHero3
06-06-2011, 02:30 PM
they need a lebron forum.

SportsAndrew25
people need to stop theyre rediculous hating... every team that got "screwed over" by lebrons decision has been somewhat reimbursed and has a bright future ahead of them. cleveland got 2 of the top 4 picks, the knicks got melo and amare, and the bulls have found their star player in derrick rose. People need to just get over it already and stop bashing him for no apparent reason, the guy didnt even play bad last game and he gets nonsensical hate. It's starting to get sickeningI am not even rooting for the Heat and I agree with you. Lebron was never coming to a team that had 10 straight losing seasons. He also was not going to stay on a team that was not giving him stars to help him out. That is a huge contrast to Chicago, who gave Jordan the players to win (Pippen and Rodman).

Southsideheat
MJ quote

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."

Lebron is using teamwork to win. Not just his talent. He got the finals before just on his talent, but without the team to help him win it.

And the knock on him is that he has a helleva lotta talent around him. Moreso than anybody ever.

ShiroRX
There's Jordan, then there's Kobe who was Jordan-lite

Then there's

Magic, then there's Lebron.

It's like two parellel universes. The best is personal preference. I would say if everything remains the same, and Lebron goes on the win 6 titles, i would still say MJ was better largely because of the inferior talent he was surrounded with. MJ was clearly a better scorer, Lebron probably a shade better defensively, a better passer. But we'll see how Lebron plays when he's 300 lbs.

But when you self-proclaim yourself as "the King", you're going to get criticized no matter how good you are.

Did he call himself that? lol. It's hard to remember at this point. Was it his doing, or the media's?

I wonder how Jordan would've fared in this age.

jiggin
06-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Greg Doyle: A story of an incredibly vanishing writing career

not really...this "story" is getting an insane amount of attention and viewers.

In business, that is a win win win win win. His bosses are loving all the attention, traffic and advertising they are burning off with this.

he is getting congrats from his colleagues about now...and each person who views it from here is contributing. Congrats.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
And the knock on him is that he has a helleva lotta talent around him. Moreso than anybody ever.

It sounds like he's smarter than most.

Heater4life
06-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Who is this guy??? Exactly! Just more Lebron hate garbage.

Do your thing Lebron. I want your lack of talent to continue getting 17 9 3 and continue playing defense. You can suck like that on this team for as loooong as you like.

WeBallin
06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
I Mean Duh Boyle, we knew he wasn't a prolific star,i mean thats why he in MIA, to be able to take games off, an try to do other things, the only thing is Wade out rebounded him also.... LBJ is the Best 2nd option period, an the best 1st option for others...but games like these jus show he's not elite!, an i think thats what dude was tryin to get at

Heater4life
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I Mean Duh Boyle, we knew he wasn't a prolific star,i mean thats why he in MIA, to be able to take games off, an try to do other things, the only thing is Wade out rebounded him also.... LBJ is the Best 2nd option period, an the best 1st option for others...but games like these jus show he's not elite!, an i think thats what dude was tryin to get at

Games like those just show he wants to win. last i remember he was eliminated from the playoffs last season off of a triple double. Also, ask Bulls fans if they think hes elite or not. He's top tier and chooses to differ when need be, dont confuse the two.

Southsideheat
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
It sounds like he's smarter than most.

Maybe, or not as good. Jordan was sick in the head as far as competition, Lebron is just not that way. Even with his physical capabilities, he's a very clean player on the court. I still think Lebron would rather 'amaze' than necessarly 'win.' By teaming up with the other two, he can do both.

twoearl
06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
LOL. Who or what is a Gregg Doyel? Please close this thread asap. This is clearly an attempt to make a name for himself. As educated sports fans please let's not help this loser....

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Maybe, or not as good. Jordan was sick in the head as far as competition, Lebron is just not that way. Even with his physical capabilities, he's a very clean player on the court. I still think Lebron would rather 'amaze' than necessarly 'win.' By teaming up with the other two, he can do both.

Lebron is most likely a much better human being than Michael Jordan, and there is something to be said about that. And that's garbage, he wants to win. If he wanted to amaze he could've kept putting up highlights on the Cavs and doing commercials.

It might be just harder to win today. Look at Dirk. People are now calling him the German Larry Bird, but he's existed a ringless purgatory now for years. Cause he stayed loyal to the Mavs. Great.

JonnyBrav000
06-06-2011, 02:44 PM
One thing is for sure, Scottie Pippen is looking like a real idiot for comparing Lebron James to Michael Jordan... Lebron may be one of the best players in the league today (and I think Wade is #1) but he damn sure is nothing close to MJ, the GOAT.

WeBallin
Games like those just show he wants to win. last i remember he was eliminated from the playoffs last season off of a triple double. Also, ask Bulls fans if they think hes elite or not. He's top tier and chooses to differ when need be, dont confuse the two.

Now you gettin it twisted, you talk about the bulls as if that was the FINALS!!!This is the Finals this is where your star power is built on, sure he ain't win when he got eliminated last season, cause it was already set in his mind, he was gonna ride the coat tail of a More star thristy player Like DWade.....Its good for basketball

barreleffact

Soooo, Wade yelled at Lebron and put him in check because he was playing good basketball? Of course! It makes sense now.
(I know he checked Lebron because of an ESPN Article that had Lebrons quoted response to it saying he respected and appreciated Wade for it)

Bulls4Lyfe
06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Good read: http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/lebron-james-shuts-down-narrow-minded-gregg-doyes-question-after-game/71601

Southsideheat
06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Lebron is most likely a much better human being than Michael Jordan, and there is something to be said about that. And that's garbage, he wants to win. If he wanted to amaze he could've kept putting up highlights on the Cavs and doing commercials.

It might be just harder to win today. Look at Dirk. People are now calling him the German Larry Bird, but he's existed a ringless purgatory now for years. Cause he stayed loyal to the Mavs. Great.

Lebron seems to be a much better person than Michael, but when comparing them on the court, that doesn't hold much weight.

I think he wants to win because thats how he will be remembered. It seems he wants to win to shut people up, rather Jordan wanted to win because he took it personal. I don't know which way is right, but i see clear differences between the two.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Lebron seems to be a much better person than Michael, but when comparing them on the court, that doesn't hold much weight.

I think he wants to win because thats how he will be remembered. It seems he wants to win to shut people up, rather Jordan wanted to win because he took it personal. I don't know which way is right, but i see clear differences between the two.

Lebron knows he has to win to justify his entire professional career up to this point. It's silly to believe he doesn't wanna win. It's all pointless without rings.

Southsideheat
06-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Lebron knows he has to win to justify his entire professional career up to this point. It's silly to believe he doesn't wanna win.

yes, but there's a difference between wanting to win because other people judge you on it than wanting to win because you want to destroy the competition because you're screwed up in the head. I'm not saying one is better than the other.

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
a story of an incredibly shrinking superstar?

is this anything like the curious case of benjerman button?

hollywood needs new ideas already

Fnom11
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Lebron did exactly what he was supposed to do in the 4th. He struggled offensively and the refs were throwing the game for the Heat so he gave the ball to the only player that could score in the 4th, Wade.

Lebron didn't allow not 1 point in the 4th, that's impressive. Hard D and feeding the hot player.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Sanity will continue to crumble the closer we get to the championship.

And if we win? Bedlam!

uptownfan
06-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Before Heat fans jump all over me for what I'm about to say or give me some sarcastic, "umadbro?" response, I'd like to make it clear that I am not hating on LeBron.

To be honest, I saw this kind of backlash coming from a million miles away. While I personally believe that this reporter is a tool and was a jerk for how he delivered his question to LeBron during the press conference, it was for this reason that I was shocked that LeBron signed with the Heat to play alongside 2 other stars. In my opinion, I think LeBron valued "winning multiple championships" but failed to see under what circumstances. Whether or not this has to do with him not giving a **** about what other people think, I'm not sure. Even as a Bulls fan, I miss watching LeBron when he was consistently the sole star. He's not as fun to watch anymore because he has to share the power with Wade and Bosh.

Luckily for LeBron, he has a chance to redeem himself these next few games and put on a show. It's not like he's been bad, but he hasn't performed like the superstar that everyone expects from him. I actually do believe he will have at least one stud performance.

Even if the Heat do end up winning multiple championships, it's difficult to say right now how they will be remembered. 30 years from now they might be viewed as legends, but a good portion may still remember them for how the team was put together. But it's too early to say.

theheatles
06-06-2011, 03:32 PM
ha, this guys career will be over shortly

MalZee24
06-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Before Heat fans jump all over me for what I'm about to say or give me some sarcastic, "umadbro?" response, I'd like to make it clear that I am not hating on LeBron.

To be honest, I saw this kind of backlash coming from a million miles away. While I personally believe that this reporter is a tool and was a jerk for how he delivered his question to LeBron during the press conference, it was for this reason that I was shocked that LeBron signed with the Heat to play alongside 2 other stars. In my opinion, I think LeBron valued "winning multiple championships" but failed to see under what circumstances. Whether or not this has to do with him not giving a **** about what other people think, I'm not sure. Even as a Bulls fan, I miss watching LeBron when he was consistently the sole star. He's not as fun to watch anymore because he has to share the power with Wade and Bosh.

Luckily for LeBron, he has a chance to redeem himself these next few games and put on a show. It's not like he's been bad, but he hasn't performed like the superstar that everyone expects from him. I actually do believe he will have at least one stud performance.

Even if the Heat do end up winning multiple championships, it's difficult to say right now how they will be remembered. 30 years from now they might be viewed as legends, but a good portion may still remember them for how the team was put together. But it's too early to say.

i see what you're saying, but it's unfortunate it has to be that way. jeff van gundy said "lebron cant win even when he wins" and he's right. The media, hater fans, newspapers, etc, they're all ridiculous. It's like whatever lebron has to do, he has to average 30 pts, 8 rebs, and 8 asts or something because people have seen him do that before in cleveland. Now, he has a lot of help and it's a team effort. Wade can step up and drop 30 and lebron only has to drop 22 for his team to win. Lebron doesn't care, he just wants to win a ring. But the media and lebron haters have to take it to another level and criticize him for not getting a triple double or something, even when his team wins. It's stupid.

WeBallin
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
i see what you're saying, but it's unfortunate it has to be that way. jeff van gundy said "lebron cant win even when he wins" and he's right. The media, hater fans, newspapers, etc, they're all ridiculous. It's like whatever lebron has to do, he has to average 30 pts, 8 rebs, and 8 asts or something because people have seen him do that before in cleveland. Now, he has a lot of help and it's a team effort. Wade can step up and drop 30 and lebron only has to drop 22 for his team to win. Lebron doesn't care, he just wants to win a ring. But the media and lebron haters have to take it to another level and criticize him for not getting a triple double or something, even when his team wins. It's stupid.

LOL Its not even that, but when you declare this man as to be the best who ever has played the game, you should expect their to be some hate, but to say its ridiculous for us to want to see the star he is or what some claim him to be(yourself included) He need to put up more the 17pt 9asst, 4to......in a finals game, if in fact he is the best ever, taken this from the words of pippen, 6 finals MVP, Multiple 1st team dpoy, this is the measure tool, an to make things more interesting u go out an say no one can guard you, but then go out an score 17..WTF.....lol, you know what i'd respect james more if he cut the crap an jus say, Look i'm good but not as good as such an such, an be confident in that........Thats the real big issue young people look at every high flyin dunk artist an deemed them the best.......Truly yours 6 Finals MVP

heathonater
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
sad thing is that if miami wins the title, they'll say something like "wade single handedly carried the team" or "lebron only won a ring once he joined forces with wade." the majority of sportswriters are full of **** and only write articles they believe will gain the most hits for their site.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 04:21 PM
LOL Its not even that, but when you declare this man as to be the best who ever has played the game, you should expect their to be some hate, but to say its ridiculous for us to want to see the star he is or what some claim him to be(yourself included) He need to put up more the 17pt 9asst, 4to......in a finals game, if in fact he is the best ever, taken this from the words of pippen, 6 finals MVP, Multiple 1st team dpoy, this is the measure tool, an to make things more interesting u go out an say no one can guard you, but then go out an score 17..WTF.....lol, you know what i'd respect james more if he cut the crap an jus say, Look i'm good but not as good as such an such, an be confident in that........Thats the real big issue young people look at every high flyin dunk artist an deemed them the best.......Truly yours 6 Finals MVP

You can barely figure out how to construct a sentence, let alone present an argument for your position.

WeBallin
06-06-2011, 04:59 PM
You can barely figure out how to construct a sentence, let alone present an argument for your position.

D@mn how much is PSD payin to correct grammar????? Get a life, either respond to what u can make out of my statement, or shut the h3ll up.........How about that sentence beiotch.....?

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 05:03 PM
D@mn how much is PSD payin to correct grammar????? Get a life, either respond to what u can make out of my statement, or shut the h3ll up.........How about that sentence beiotch.....?

Actually its more legible than your original post.

WeBallin
06-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Actually its more legible than your original post.

Well like i said if you not respondin to sports talk u can jus read on past my post, or not, but to talk noise about posts you gotta be a young kid, or if not an old ******....either way i'm done here

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Well like i said if you not respondin to sports talk u can jus read on past my post, or not, but to talk noise about posts you gotta be a young kid, or if not an old ******....either way i'm done here

still not a single period. incredible. <---see that? it works wonders.

First grade English class comes before basketball in importance.

wmudford
06-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Some people will remember Nowitzki for the missed jumper at the buzzer that allowed the Heat to escape with an 88-86 victory and a 2-1 series edge. Me, I'll remember his 34 points and his 11 rebounds and even his three blocks

Typical hypocrite who criticizes lebron for missing a closing shot even if he dominates a game. HATER

Cal827
06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
This guy is a freaking joke... So his numbers aren't at where they usually are.. so what? His team is up in the series and all that matters. They signed together to win titles. I'm sure that if you told him to win the title, he would have to not score in the remaining games that he would. It would be nice to have more unbiased reporters out there.

Is he paying attention to Lebron's defense? He's shutting down his man, just like he did with Rose in the ECF. I much rather see someone do everything in their power to help their team win games rather than just get personal accolades.

For example, AI has scoring titles, a ton of points (chucks a ton of shots up too), and is able to take over games. But in the end, he will likely be without a NBA title in his career (you know unless he randomly signs with somebody who wins next year). One issue of course will be whether or not he would be willing to come off the bench (which he basically ditched two teams who attempted to do that).

Like it or not, it seems like Lebron has learned that he doesn't have to destroy teams anymore (score-wise) for his team to get the win since he's got Wade, and occasionally Bosh who can provide support. Out of curiousity, what's with all of the resurrected Lebron hate recently. I've seen a couple of people calling the Heat and a bunch of **** ******* and whatnot. It's quite sad... I'm not a fan of the Heat, but I'm not gonna go cry in a corner if they do win it all. lol

hype707
06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
I wonder why we place the NEXT JORDAN tag to a player only to hold him to stats or numbers or games or series that almost no one but JOrdan can produce? just to kill some trees i guess.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm guessing we can thank this guy for the game that Lebron is about to play on Tuesday

This :laugh2:

SportsFanatic10
06-06-2011, 05:28 PM
i hope lebron reads this and goes into beast mode on tuesday. the only concern would be that he tries to do too much. i like how whoever has the hot hand takes over out of lebron and wade and it can be either one any given night.

six
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
With all this Lebron talk, why not just make a Lebron index on ESPN.com?

Jewelz0376
06-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Instead of criticizing Lebron maybe some people should give Marion some credit for the D he's playing...He's played great D all playoffs...He did well against Gwall, Kobe (the times he was on him), Durant, and now he's playing solid D on Lebron

packers12to88
06-06-2011, 05:54 PM
He makes some valid points..

arkanian215
06-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Is this the dude lebron owned at the press conference?

Hangtime
06-06-2011, 05:59 PM
It's a shame when your team wins the game and you contribute in other ways and yet you still get criticized. Lebron and Wade have finally found a way to share the floor and make sacrifices for the team to win. Does he not remember the debacles early in the season when they hadn't learn to coexists in close contested games?I see these types of things as an intentional way to drive a wedge between them. That's all it really is

valade16
06-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I wonder why we place the NEXT JORDAN tag to a player only to hold him to stats or numbers or games or series that almost no one but JOrdan can produce? just to kill some trees i guess.

I'm sorry but you can't see the flaw here?! If he's the next Jordan he should be producing Jordan #'s, otherwise HE'S NOT THE NEXT JORDAN!

If people say "he could be the GOAT" and then whine when we compare him Jordan, that's YOU putting the expectation for such greatness on the player.

And how many trees are killed by conversing on the internet?

ryang
06-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Dirk played better? sure but Lebron is playing for a title not individual attributes im pretty sure thats why he left the cavs... We won right?? So I guess Lebron had nothing to do with it right?? besides the fact that they double or triple team him almost all the time... If Lebron wins this year I guess he sucks right?? The bulls celtics and 76ers series he was the man now its wades turn its called a TEAM...

Hawkize31
06-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Lebron just chooses to be the hero Gotham needs, not the hero Gotham wants.

ChiTownPacerFan
06-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Michael Jordan once went 6 of 19 from the field, to go along with only 3 boards and 2 assists, in a finals game which the Bulls lost. Just saying.

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 06:27 PM
can't really argue with this. he raised a great point. if there is an MJ who performs in the finals, it's wade, not lebron.

lebron is more like pippen. skip bayless said something important on espn. can you imagine MJ, magic, or bird telling reporters, look at the tape and stats and look at my defense.

it's like saying it doesn't matter if i'm not scoring, because i saved a lot of my energy. lol.

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Michael Jordan once went 6 of 19 from the field, to go along with only 3 boards and 2 assists, in a finals game which the Bulls lost. Just saying.

has he ever deferred to pippen? have we ever asked MJ if he was pippen's sidekick? last time i checked he went 6/6 on finals MVP.

JC_
06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Sounds like this reporter is trying to get in Lebron's head to give the Mav's a better chance at winning. The last thing the Heat needs is Lebron forcing contested shots when other guys are wide open.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
has he ever deferred to pippen? have we ever asked MJ if he was pippen's sidekick? last time i checked he went 6/6 on finals MVP.

Pippen isn't as good as Wade. The Bulls had a 1-2 combo. The Heat have a 1a (LeBron) - 1b (Wade) combo. Big difference. The Heat can beat you different ways, with a different guy. LeBron had 9 assists last night, including a beautiful behind the back pass to Bosh for the win. Jordan was a scorer. LeBron can hurt you in many, many ways.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Sounds like this reporter is trying to get in Lebron's head to give the Mav's a better chance at winning. The last thing the Heat needs is Lebron forcing contested shots when other guys are wide open.

lebron isn't fazed by this s-stain.

JC_
06-06-2011, 06:38 PM
can't really argue with this. he raised a great point. if there is an MJ who performs in the finals, it's wade, not lebron.

lebron is more like pippen. skip bayless said something important on espn. can you imagine MJ, magic, or bird telling reporters, look at the tape and stats and look at my defense.

it's like saying it doesn't matter if i'm not scoring, because i saved a lot of my energy. lol.

You are fail.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 06:41 PM
When you agree with Skip, you gotta re-evaluate your entire thought process.

Hitman21
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM

Took the words right outta my mouth...I dont even like LBJ and i think this guy an idiot. Skip bayless is just the ultimate douche...

LA_Raiders
06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
LeBron "Sidekick" James... Thats what he signed for last summer... He will have some great games i dont doubt that, but all sidekicks do that once in a while...

The Cheat is DWades team... Nuf said...

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 06:52 PM
LeBron "Sidekick" James... Thats what he signed for last summer... He will have some great games i dont doubt that, but all sidekicks do that once in a while...

The Cheat is DWades team... Nuf said...

translation: cry, scream, whine.

BigBlueCrew
06-06-2011, 06:55 PM

Dont be hatin on Skip Bayless, he's the man!

KnicksR4Real
06-06-2011, 06:55 PM
this guy is an idiot

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Dont be hatin on Skip Bayless, he's the man!

He makes Stephen A. look likes a Rhodes Scholar.

BigBlueCrew
06-06-2011, 07:01 PM
He makes Stephen A. look likes a Rhodes Scholar.

He didn't make Stephen A look like anything. He just did away with him like he does away with all Lebron apologists

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:03 PM

Wow I didn't know "MJ" was a position in the NBA :rolleyes:.

Why does there have to be a "Jordan" and a "Pippen?" That's so inaccurate because Pippen doesn't compare to LBJ or Wade. Shaq and Kobe is more accurate but even they might not compare given Kobe's youth. How about..... wait for it..... LeBron and D Wade :speechless:

Moral to the story: get a life, people.

Miami Heat NBA Champions 2011-

ShiroRX
He didn't make Stephen A look like anything. He just did away with him like he does away with all Lebron apologists

Apologist? Show me one time Lebron has ever claimed he's the next Jordan.

Lebron haters aren't even fighting Lebron's talent, they're fighting the perception in the media that he's the next Jordan.

Jaji

x1,000,000,000,000,000

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 07:05 PM
after all this time, wade should've had the "final decision".

wade to jim gray: "i've decided to take my talents back to south beach and recruit lebron and bosh as my sidekicks."
"lebron didn't like the idea so i asked him again nicely."
"as an incentive, i will let lebron will lead the team and be the main guy in our pre-season parade."

ChitownBears22
06-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Maybe LeBron has decided that he wants to win championships and he doesn't care about personal accolades. Maybe he see's where players like Marbury, McGrady, Iverson, Stoudemire, and Anthony have failed. And that is not getting another star to play with.

This whole batman/robin thing is lame. These players aren't selfish and are playing very smart ball. If one is shooting the ball great, the other becomes a facilitator and a defensive monster. There is nothing wrong with that. I think it it is a type of basketball that hasn't been played in a long time.

Kobe tried doing it all by himself and failed miserably. Then the organization brought in Gasol to help. And what happened, Kobe was less stressed about dropping 30 pts while having to shoot 50%. He knew if he was struggling his bigs could take care of business.

I believe all of this media shite, is to try and create a rift between Wade/LeBron. Unfortunately they are too smart for this.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Maybe LeBron has decided that he wants to win championships and he doesn't care about personal accolades. Maybe he see's where players like Marbury, McGrady, Iverson, Stoudemire, and Anthony have failed. And that is not getting another star to play with.

This whole batman/robin thing is lame. These players aren't selfish and are playing very smart ball. If one is shooting the ball great, the other becomes a facilitator and a defensive monster. There is nothing wrong with that. I think it it is a type of basketball that hasn't been played in a long time.

Kobe tried doing it all by himself and failed miserably. Then the organization brought in Gasol to help. And what happened, Kobe was less stressed about dropping 30 pts while having to shoot 50%. He knew if he was struggling his bigs could take care of business.

I believe all of this media shite, is to try and create a rift between Wade/LeBron. Unfortunately they are too smart for this.

Or poor Dirk. He knew last night he had no other option, that's why he put up that shot.

tyfreaks brotha
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
This is just plain BS :facepalm:

BigBlueCrew
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Apologist? Show me one time Lebron has ever claimed he's the next Jordan.

Lebron haters aren't even fighting Lebron's talent, they're fighting the perception in the media that he's the next Jordan.

Uh the number...the powder toss nonsense he used to do, are you freakin kidding?

Does he have to come out and verbally say it word for word just for it to be true?

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Or poor Dirk. He knew last night he had no other option, that's why he put up that shot.

Because Spo put LeBron on Jet, their 2nd best scorer. Let Dirk get his but shut down everyone else. Lebron could have helped on that last shot but Terry would have been open. LeBron trusted UD and stuck to his man, leaving Dirk with one option, a tough fallaway, which he is capable of making, but better that than a layup like game 2.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Uh the number...the powder toss nonsense he used to do, are you freakin kidding?

Does he have to come out and verbally say it word for word just for it to be true?

Jason Richardson wears #23, obviously he wants to be Jordan.

About the powder, the dude is a showman to some degree lol. It gets the fans pumped. It seems no more obnoxious than the JET takeoff or stuff like that.

ChitownBears22
06-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Wow this is the worst explanation I have ever seen. Yes he does have to verbally say it otherwise it is biased perception. The question posed to you after you said "Lebron says he is the next Jordan" was "show us where he said that"

You have said nothing to prove your statement.

Troll

LeBron however has said numerous times that he envied Jordans talent and he would like to be mentioned in the same breath as him some day. Funny how a humble comment like this can be construed as big headed and putting himself on the same level as Jordan.

BigBlueCrew
06-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Wow this is the worst explanation I have ever seen. Yes he does have to verbally say it otherwise it is biased perception. The question posed to you after you said "Lebron says he is the next Jordan" was "show us where he said that"

You have said nothing to prove your statement.

Troll

LeBron however has said numerous times that he envied Jordans talent and he would like to be mentioned in the same breath as him some day. Funny how a humble comment like this can be construed as big headed and putting himself on the same level as Jordan.

No-one in the NBA is gonna come out and say "I am the next Jordan"

That would be considered blasphemous

There was nothing humble about it, its called reading between the lines.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Why would LeBron want to be the next Jordan? Kobe didn't want to be jordan just like Jordan didn't want to be Dr. J. All players want to leave their own legacy. Fans are just regressive. And its a shame players are obliged to talk to reporters.

ChitownBears22
06-06-2011, 07:19 PM

Why are you putting words in his mouth then. Because you want to hate on the guy even though he has never said such things. He has said he respects Jordan, and even said he is nowhere near that level.

Stop being such a biased sports fan.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:20 PM

So no one would say it, but Lebron is saying it in your opinion. Your perception certainly couldn't be off.

Ya know, it was a passion of individuals like Werner Heisenberg within theoretical physics to examine exactly to what degree our perception of reality actually affects what is. Obviously your perception is giving you the illusion that he thinks he's the next Jordan.

dnewguy
06-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Lebron has been the best defensive player in this series.......that must be some shrinking.

ChitownBears22
06-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Seems like Summer Break is kicking off. Alot of illogical posts in here. Must be nice to still be in grade school and have internet access.

Big Game Son
06-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Said it before I'll say it again. Would rather build around Dwight Howard (you can't find guys like him very often especially inside where I believe the key to winning is)....and Wade is honestly just better. LeBron is the best overall player (best across the board skills and his physique is undeniable), but when it comes to decision making, clutch play and overall that "it" factor Wade is the man. Being a great 'overall' player in my opinion does not make him the best player in the league.

BigBlueCrew
06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
So it was Lebron's intention to make us think of him as a superstar maybe even as the next Jordan. So when the reporter questioned him about his 4th quarter stats wasn't he within his rights to do so? Or is Lebron from here on in just going to revert to just another defensive specialist?

Big Game Son
06-06-2011, 07:28 PM
DO not get me wrong tho LeBron is a Top 5 player in the league.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:30 PM
So it was Lebron's intention to make us think of him as a superstar maybe even as the next Jordan. So when the reporter questioned him about his 4th quarter stats wasn't he within his rights to do so? Or is Lebron from here on in just going to revert to just another defensive specialist?

Lebron mind reader here. Convinced Lebron himself is on a mission to prove he's the next Jordan. Even though he has NEVER said anything of the sort.

BigBlueCrew
06-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Lebron mind reader here. Convinced Lebron himself is on a mission to prove he's the next Jordan. Even though he has NEVER said anything of the sort.

your a funny guy :)

dnewguy
06-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Everyone wants Lebron to take 30 shots a game just to prove he's the best, he's not Kobe or Rose, move on guys.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:33 PM

Jason Terry was 0-4 in the 4th quarter last night thanks to LeBron. And LeBron had the game winning assist. That reporter doesn't know basketball and neither do you if you agree with that line of questioning.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Everyone wants Lebron to take 30 shots a game just to prove he's the best, he's not Kobe or Rose, move on guys.

And yet, he's still affecting games. Unlike Jordan and Kobe, his impact can be felt in other areas of the game besides scoring (like his game winning behind the back assist last night).

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:46 PM
your a funny guy :)

As funny as the Knicks in the first round?

Cause hell, I'm like 80s Eddie Murphy in this mofo.

Yanks All Day
06-06-2011, 07:47 PM
If by "shrinking" the writer means LeBron's the Heat's main facilitator and ball handler and plays the best defense of anyone on the court at all times, then he's right. LeBron has neutralized Jason Terry and the Heat are making Dirk beat them on his own, which he cannot do. Who cares if he lets Dwyane Wade take over? Obviously not LeBron, or he would try to take over himself, or would have stayed in Cleveland. Without LeBron, the Heat do not even get to the Finals, and everyone in the universe knows it. The media tries to blow everything up, but I see a player who lets his other superstar handle the scoring while he plays an efficient distributor and locks down on defense. One always defers to the other, its how they play. Right now, LeBron is letting Wade take over, just like Wade let LeBron take over the ECF. It's called smart basketball, something the author obviously has no clue about.

sammid21
06-06-2011, 07:49 PM
And yet, he's still affecting games. Unlike Jordan and Kobe, his impact can be felt in other areas of the game besides scoring (like his game winning behind the back assist last night).

Lol dumbest post I've seen. You're clearly too young to have ever seen Jordan. Lebron is great just not on Jordans level as far as impacting a game. He impacted the game in every way

KingPosey
06-06-2011, 07:49 PM

lol no its not. Not when u r 6-19 with 4 turnovers and thats less than half of your per game rebound average. but it is just one game.

KingPosey
06-06-2011, 07:50 PM

wow, what a misinformed post. Its really embarrassing for you jaji.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:50 PM
If by "shrinking" the writer means LeBron's the Heat's main facilitator and ball handler and plays the best defense of anyone on the court at all times, then he's right. LeBron has neutralized Jason Terry and the Heat are making Dirk beat them on his own, which he cannot do. Who cares if he lets Dwyane Wade take over? Obviously not LeBron, or he would try to take over himself, or would have stayed in Cleveland. Without LeBron, the Heat do not even get to the Finals, and everyone in the universe knows it. The media tries to blow everything up, but I see a player who lets his other superstar handle the scoring while he plays an efficient distributor and locks down on defense. One always defers to the other, its how they play. Right now, LeBron is letting Wade take over, just like Wade let LeBron take over the ECF. It's called smart basketball, something the author obviously has no clue about.

Its actually called hating. "Smart" and "basketball" don't cross reporters minds when talking about LeBron anymore. This article has nothing to do with basketball.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:52 PM
wow, what a misinformed post.

Please explain. Kobe and Jordan get triple doubles now?

KingPosey
06-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Jason Terry was 0-4 in the 4th quarter last night thanks to LeBron. And LeBron had the game winning assist. That reporter doesn't know basketball and neither do you if you agree with that line of questioning.

Lebron should be guarding Dirk in that situation, not a shooting point guard.
Listen people hate on LBJ for anything, but in this game, THIS game, he was not good enough for a player of his stature.

He proclaimed to be more aggressive himself, without any prompting, he wasnt. He is heralded as an amazing defensive stopper, and the one guy he should have defended went off in the 4th. He turned the ball over more than he rebounded, and the worst part is he disappeared offensively, and no, he didnt do it to get other people involved, im not gonna buy that excuse.

He is still LBJ, one of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd best in the game, but he stunk in THIS game.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Lol dumbest post I've seen. You're clearly too young to have ever seen Jordan. Lebron is great just not on Jordans level as far as impacting a game. He impacted the game in every way

Watched every Jordan Finals and watched him lose to the Pistons too. Jordan isn't the passer that LeBron is. He couldn't facilitate like LeBron. And he couldn't lock down positions 1-5 like LeBron.

jockrider
06-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Watched every Jordan Finals and watched him lose to the Pistons too. Jordan isn't the passer that LeBron is. He couldn't facilitate like LeBron. And he couldn't lock down positions 1-5 like LeBron.

k, so oscar robertson>mj too?

Jaji
06-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Lebron should be guarding Dirk in that situation, not a shooting point guard.
Listen people hate on LBJ for anything, but in this game, THIS game, he was not good enough for a player of his stature.

He proclaimed to be more aggressive himself, without any prompting, he wasnt. He is heralded as an amazing defensive stopper, and the one guy he should have defended went off in the 4th. He turned the ball over more than he rebounded, and the worst part is he disappeared offensively, and no, he didnt do it to get other people involved, im not gonna buy that excuse.

He is still LBJ, one of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd best in the game, but he stunk in THIS game.

Why would he guard Dirk? UD obviously worked. UD has had much success guarding Dirk over his career. The Heat's plan was to put LBJ on Terry and take Dallas' 2nd leading scorer completely out of the game, which LeBron did. Now you're criticizing him for taking their 2nd option away while his teammate plays solid D and they win the game??? What should LeBron have done, left Jet, blocked Dirk, and went down the floor for another score to pad the lead? WTF? They won the game! And LeBron was a part of that. Still not good enough for you? Well guess what... no one cares. Especially not LeBron James.

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2011, 07:59 PM

Lebron locks down 4's and 5's? since when?

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:01 PM
k, so oscar robertson>mj too?

That argument has certainly been made before I'm sure. Youngin'. Oscar's major flaw is only 1 title. If Wilt had as many as Russell, MJ wouldn't even be in the discussion. No one would.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:02 PM

When they feel the need to put him on one. But they're up 2-1 in the Finals so I think they're doing okay.

ChitownBears22
06-06-2011, 08:03 PM
lol no its not. Not when u r 6-19 with 4 turnovers and thats less than half of your per game rebound average. but it is just one game.

He was 6-14 which is 42% (which is below average for him but not bad by any means. And he had 9 assists which led to 20 points.

Sadds The Gr8
When they feel the need to put him on one.

I've never seen Lebron assigned to guard a 5 in my life, and I watch as much basketball as anyone. 1-5 is boostin it. We all know you're a Lebron stan, but come on...

If Lebron could lockdown anyone, he'd be guarding Dirk.

sammid21

:facepalm: I haven't seen lbj guard the 5, he gets praised for guarding point guards that are 6 inches shorter. did you also see Jordan take his team to 6 titles without needing a top 2 player and top 5 PF? You just remember Jordan as a scorer but he was also a great passer and rebounder for his position.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:04 PM

And even if he can't, he locks down more positions than Jordan. Picture Jordan on Derrick Rose :laugh2:. Don't make me youtube some old AI vs Jordan footage.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:05 PM
:facepalm: I haven't seen lbj guard the 5, he gets praised for guarding point guards that are 6 inches shorter. did you also see Jordan take his team to 6 titles without needing a top 2 player and top 5 PF? You just remember Jordan as a scorer but he was also a great passer and rebounder for his position.

You think its easy to guard Derrick Rose? :laugh:

NO ONE in the NBA could do it this year except LeBron. Most times the shorter guy has the advantage because he's quicker. Picture Dirk or Chandler guarding Wade or LeBron at the top of the key. That's a guaranteed 2 points. You failed miserably with that argument.

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2011, 08:07 PM
And even if he can't, he locks down more positions than Jordan. Picture Jordan on Derrick Rose :laugh2:. Don't make me youtube some old AI vs Jordan footage.

who hasn't been crossed over by Iverson? He's probably the greatest ballhandler in NBA history...that's not much of a detriment to Jordan...

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I've never seen Lebron assigned to guard a 5 in my life, and I watch as much basketball as anyone. 1-5 is boostin it. We all know you're a Lebron stan, but come on...

If Lebron could lockdown anyone, he'd be guarding Dirk.

He did it in the Olympics against 7 footers. He certainly has the ability. Smaller guys like Ben Wallace and Kurt Thomas can play C in the NBA and you're telling me LeBron can't? The reason he doesn't is because why take your best perimeter defender and put him down low to get burned on the perimeter. That makes no sense. But its silly to think he can't. He's strong enough and his footspeed is incomparable to any big.

sammid21
06-06-2011, 08:08 PM
That argument has certainly been made before I'm sure. Youngin'. Oscar's major flaw is only 1 title. If Wilt had as many as Russell, MJ wouldn't even be in the discussion. No one would.

Jordan will never be dethroned because he became great at every facet of his game, he evolved throughout his career, I haven't seen lebron add a weapon to his game and become great at it. His game is great but he can't evolve the way Jordan did.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
who hasn't been crossed over by Iverson? He's probably the greatest ballhandler in NBA history...that's not much of a detriment to Jordan...

Who hasn't been done up my MVP Rose? 1 guy I can think of. And at his size, he has no business staying in front of him. But he did anyway.

ChitownBears22
06-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Can we talk about something crazy though. Before the series started no one gave Miami's defense a chance to stop the offensive juggernaut we call Dallas. A team that when down can rely on their scoring to bring them back into a game. Well besides game 2 lapse Miami has shut down the 4th quarter scoring craze Dallas usually has.

And in this 4th quarter shutdown, the Dallas Mavericks have scored 0 points on LeBron. I repeat 0 points. What do you think in more important to winning this series against a team that can easily put up 110 points on any given night. Defense or putting up 30 shots.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Jordan will never be dethroned because he became great at every facet of his game, he evolved throughout his career, I haven't seen lebron add a weapon to his game and become great at it. His game is great but he can't evolve the way Jordan did.

:facepalm:

So a 26 year old can't improve? That makes no sense. When Jordan was 26 all he did was drive. No rings. No conference titles. Just ridiculous scoring. At age 26, there's really no comparison at all. However, did Jordan improve after age 26? Uh, I think he did. A lot. Hence ZERO titles at age 27 and younger, 6 titles age 28 and over. What a joke!

sammid21
06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
You think its easy to guard Derrick Rose? :laugh:

NO ONE in the NBA could do it this year except LeBron. Most times the shorter guy has the advantage because he's quicker. Picture Dirk or Chandler guarding Wade or LeBron at the top of the key. That's a guaranteed 2 points. You failed miserably with that argument.

Lebron has the advantage over Drose more than anyone in the NBA because he has almost the same speed and agility. Drose has been called mini lebro, of coarse lbj can lock him down. It ain't a fair fight. If lbj was a little bit slower the rose would own him. But that's not the case

jockrider
06-06-2011, 08:13 PM
you think lbj could guard rose? seriously rose choked he didn't even need lbj to guard him. and i specifically remember rose making lbj look foolish last year.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 08:14 PM
you think lbj could guard rose? seriously rose choked he didn't even need lbj to guard him. and i specifically remember rose making lbj look foolish last year.

So is Rose getting worse?

jockrider
06-06-2011, 08:15 PM

lbj has zero so why is he better than mj?

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
He did it in the Olympics against 7 footers. He certainly has the ability. Smaller guys like Ben Wallace and Kurt Thomas can play C in the NBA and you're telling me LeBron can't? The reason he doesn't is because why take your best perimeter defender and put him down low to get burned on the perimeter. That makes no sense. But its silly to think he can't. He's strong enough and his footspeed is incomparable to any big.

lol i'm done with this. When I see him guarding Howard and Gasol, i'll come back to this argument.

jockrider
06-06-2011, 08:16 PM
So is Rose getting worse?

he choked hard too much pressure

sammid21
06-06-2011, 08:19 PM

So a 26 year old can't improve? That makes no sense. When Jordan was 26 all he did was drive. No rings. No conference titles. Just ridiculous scoring. At age 26, there's really no comparison at all. However, did Jordan improve after age 26? Uh, I think he did. A lot. Hence ZERO titles at age 27 and younger, 6 titles age 28 and over. What a joke!

Jordan wasn't a great shooter coming into the league. He improved it His second or third year. Way more consistent than lbjs shot today. And won DPOY before 26, he improve his D and wasn't taking advantage of shorter guys

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Jordan wasn't a great shooter coming into the league. He improved it His second or third year. Way more consistent than lbjs shot today. And won DPOY before 26, he improve his D and wasn't taking advantage of shorter guys

Another :facepalm: for you.

How do you think guarding shorter players puts the defender at an advantage? The smaller guy is usually quicker. That's putting the defender at a disadvantage. Have you ever seen a C try to guard a PG? Or better yet, have you ever seen Jordan try to guard Iverson?

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:24 PM
lbj has zero so why is he better than mj?

LBJ is only 26 and I'm not even saying MJ>Oscar. I just said that hurts his argument. 1 title for his career vs 6. LeBron's career isn't over yet. LeBron still has a chance to actually surpass Jordan in rings. But my argument clearly isn't based on rings. Teams win championships. This isn't tennis.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Lebron has the advantage over Drose more than anyone in the NBA because he has almost the same speed and agility. Drose has been called mini lebro, of coarse lbj can lock him down. It ain't a fair fight. If lbj was a little bit slower the rose would own him. But that's not the case

Okay and what does that tell you? LeBron has the same speed and agility as the quickest PG in the league. Oh yeah, and he's Karl Maolne's size. That doesn't stand out to you?

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:27 PM
he choked hard too much pressure

Dude give it a rest. LeBron, an annual all league defender shuts down Rose (clearly) and it was the "pressure?" Yeah, the pressure provided by LeBron James.

sammid21
06-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Another :facepalm: for you.

How do you think guarding shorter players puts the defender at an advantage? The smaller guy is usually quicker. That's putting the defender at a disadvantage. Have you ever seen a C try to guard a PG? Or better yet, have you ever seen Jordan try to guard Iverson?

If you're basing you argument on one YouTube video, then :facepalm::facepalm: to you. Inversion didn't drive the lane on Jordan he crossed him and shot it. A SF or SG with great athletic ability can guard a smaller player. Can you guard a smaller person when playing bball? Assuming you play

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:32 PM
If you're basing you argument on one YouTube video, then :facepalm::facepalm: to you. Inversion didn't drive the lane on Jordan he crossed him and shot it. A SF or SG with great athletic ability can guard a smaller player. Can you guard a smaller person when playing bball? Assuming you play

LeBron is 6'-8", 260 lbs with the lateral movement and agility of the quickest PG in the NBA. And you're admitting this, but acting like its normal. :confused:

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2011, 08:32 PM

:laugh:

sorry but u failed miserably there

Jaji
06-06-2011, 08:33 PM
:laugh2:

sammid21
06-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Okay and what does that tell you? LeBron has the same speed and agility as the quickest PG in the league. Oh yeah, and he's Karl Maolne's size. That doesn't stand out to you?

It tells me that he is lazy and needs a top 2 SG to win a title because he himself said he doesn't want to score 30 a night. Something great player would never say

ryang
06-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Bulls fans still upset... He doesnt want to have to score 30 a night to win... get over it already he is here and im sure he is in a better mood then u..

sammid21
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM

sorry but u failed miserably there

Damn auto correct lol

sammid21
06-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Bulls fans still upset... He doesnt want to have to score 30 a night to win... get over it already he is here and im sure he is in a better mood then u..

Not upset at all. I just think that great players never say that. I just stated what lbj said. But according to heat fans anyone with an opposing thought is a hater or mad.

ryang
06-06-2011, 08:41 PM
he is shrinking and just so happens to be the closet he has ever been to a title... figure that one out... Funny against the celtics and bulls he dominates then against dallas he doesnt drop 30 in just a measley 17 points and 9 assists and he is shrinking... I'll take whatever he's doing that causes the mavs to double him everytime

ryang
06-06-2011, 08:42 PM
He doesnt want to be in dirk or rose's shoes... There me and him said it... can u blame him?? if u can your mad or upset.. Just saying

jockrider
06-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Dude give it a rest. LeBron, an annual all league defender shuts down Rose (clearly) and it was the "pressure?" Yeah, the pressure provided by LeBron James.

rose is so overrated its almost comical maybe choke isn't the right term he's just not as good as people portray him as and some were saying best player in the league (j.a adanda:facepalm:) but yeah lebron defense on him shouldn't be discredited.

also imo lebron has a chance to be better than MJ but he isn't atm(not close imo)

ATX
06-06-2011, 08:45 PM
It tells me that he is lazy and needs a top 2 SG to win a title because he himself said he doesn't want to score 30 a night. Something great player would never say

Back to this failed argument again for the nth time. Fine, how about you don't upgrade that Bulls roster by bringing Rose a true number two guy, and see how many titles Rose wins all by himself. How many more playoff let downs do you think it will take before either Rose wants out or starts demanding help? You can't do it all with just one go to guy. I seriously doubt Rose will be happy having to drop 30 a night just to keep his team afloat. How many years of that until his legs and drive wears? Kobe, Wade, LBJ, etc.. have all had to deal with that burden, and what results? Help comes, or players leave...Double Standards much?

sammid21
06-06-2011, 08:45 PM
He doesnt want to be in dirk or rose's shoes... There me and him said it... can u blame him?? if u can your mad or upset.. Just saying

Yea but if the heat win the finals MVP is wade. But I bet the NBA will make them co-MVPs which would be wrong if the series plays the same way in the last 3games. That kinda makes wade better than lbj right?

ryang
06-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Id say yeah.. Wade has a ring and LBJ could never be jordan (at the moment) because he doesnt have 6.. That being said LBJ outplayed wade against the bulls by far.. It's a team game and different players step up in different series... That and wade never plays good against u...

six
06-06-2011, 08:51 PM

Are you seriously implying that Lebron single handedly shut down Rose? :facepalm:

One player cant shut down Rose, he is too quick, thats why Rose is always facing double and triple teams.

ryang
06-06-2011, 08:53 PM
wade has the easier matchup when he is on O... They are trying to take lebron out of it and wade is kicking in the side door.. Jkid on wade?? stupid he is not kobe (or should i say he is not as old as kobe)

ryang
06-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Are you seriously implying that Lebron single handily shut down Rose? :facepalm:

One player cant shut down Rose, he is too quick, thats why Rose is always facing double and triple teams.

the word shut down should be thrown away.. its the NBA and its called help d.. without it there would be no D and all O... Rose shut himself down now he needs to go practice his jump shot cause thats what cost him the most

ChitownBears22
06-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Yea but if the heat win the finals MVP is wade. But I bet the NBA will make them co-MVPs which would be wrong if the series plays the same way in the last 3games. That kinda makes wade better than lbj right?

Does anyone really care who the MVP is? I don't, I just want to see the Heat win especially LeBron. MVP is just a title, ask Rose what that title got him this year.

Illinirob83
06-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Doyel is and has been a idiot for quite some time, nothing to see here, move along.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 09:01 PM

What you're basically saying is that you think LeBron is better. What other concluion can be drawn from such a pitiful comeback?

LeBron is more than just a scorer. Asking him to just score is silly because it handcuffs him and all his other talents (passing!) gets wasted. That's like asking my wife to only have sex with me. Don't cook, don't clean, don't get the kids ready for school. Just sex.

ATX
06-06-2011, 09:06 PM
What you're basically saying is that you think LeBron is better. What other concluion can be drawn from such a pitiful comeback?

LeBron is more than just a scorer. Asking him to just score is silly because it handcuffs him and all his other talents (passing!) gets wasted. That's like asking my wife to only have sex with me. Don't cook, don't clean, don't get the kids ready for school. Just sex.

Nice comparison :laugh2:

JJ_JKidd
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I personally expected Lebron to play like he did the other series as well, but Wade is taking over now.

Scottie Pippen taking over :facepalm:

KW93KB24
06-06-2011, 09:11 PM
i have never heard of this guy, he just came out of nowhere, just like the miami heat fans lol.

BigAl25
06-06-2011, 10:05 PM
what a hater this guy is, is he the same person that asked LeBron that really ******** question

Jewelz0376
06-06-2011, 10:19 PM
i have never heard of this guy, he just came out of nowhere, just like the miami heat fans lol.

jockrider
06-06-2011, 10:32 PM

see, to me its hilarious to find a LAKER fan talk about bandwaggon fans.

KW93KB24
06-06-2011, 11:28 PM
see, to me its hilarious to find a LAKER fan talk about bandwaggon fans.

see, to me it's hilarious that i don't give a **** what you think.

jockrider
06-07-2011, 08:58 AM
see, to me it's hilarious that i don't give a **** what you think.

you don't find it funny? i mean lakers have the heaviest bandwaggon in the world.

KingPosey
06-07-2011, 11:59 AM
When they feel the need to put him on one. But they're up 2-1 in the Finals so I think they're doing okay.

well when dirk scores his teams final 12 points, and they go on a huge run, they probably should have felt the need. You are ridiculous jaji. I cant really respect your posts that often.

Raph12
06-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Now that's a hater at his finest...

Sly Guy
06-07-2011, 12:12 PM
LOL, moral of the story:
LBJ just can't win. Not now, not ever.

ShiroRX
06-07-2011, 12:22 PM
LOL, moral of the story:
LBJ just can't win. Not now, not ever.

He'll win tonight. And then again on Thursday. And then probably not till November.

Cowboys4Life619
06-07-2011, 12:39 PM
WOW...what a read!! I'm a Magic fan, and I think i'm echoing everyone else here when I say this writer needs to be fired. What a tool....

The guy is the reason that Miami is where they are...granted, Wade is damn good, but James is handling the ball ALL THE TIME. Has anyone heard Jason Terry's name this series...this is the Mavs second leading scorer and he can't sniff the basket in the 4th because of Lebron. I don't like what he did when he signed either, but to not call him a SUPERSTAR...come on dude...what planet have you been living on????

Gambeezy
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
But that's what it has been like for James in these NBA Finals, a series of flops for calls and then the bitter-beer face when nobody falls for it

That's got to be my favorite line for the irony alone. The writer spends the entire article bashing LeBron while elevating Wade to Legendary status immediately following a game where Wade got the worst flopping call I've ever seen. Kidd literally didn't TOUCH him. This guy has the balls to call LeBron out on flopping after Dirk and Wade sell insanely acted flops?

This guy is a joke. I've honestly never read such a biased, spiteful article in all of my life.

KingPosey
06-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Please explain. Kobe and Jordan get triple doubles now?

no the extremely idiotic part where you said Jordan and Kobe only affect games by scoring. That really dumb part where you said that.

And then you pointed out LBJ's pass from the game. Didnt Jordan win a pretty big game when he passed the ball to Kerr? Maybe even a finals game? You need to open your eyes , because you couldnt have picked 2 worse players to make a comment like that about.

KingPosey
06-08-2011, 12:03 PM
He'll win tonight. And then again on Thursday. And then probably not till November.

swing and a miss.

Tragedy
06-08-2011, 12:05 PM
ESPN said that LeBron has a grand total of 9 points in the 4th quarter in the Finals. 4 games, 9 points. Legendary stuff.

sventhedog
06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
i'd love to see the allegedly "owned" reporter to ask him again. lol. concentrating on one side of the floor huh? two-way player huh? lol.

nickdymez
06-08-2011, 12:43 PM
everybody (heat fans) looks incredibly dumb after calling doyle a "hater" and "spiteful". Stop swingin on lebrons nutts for a second and recognize that the guy is a joke. Physical ability is one thing, mental toughness is another...

SportsFanatic10
06-08-2011, 12:47 PM
game 3 was below lebron standards but it was defendable. game 4 was just terrible and lebron needs to wake up if he wants a ring. it looked like he was allergic to the ball and when he didn't have it he just stood in the corner and didn't make any cuts or nothing. he didn't even play up to par on defense. just a brutal game no question.

SportsFanatic10
06-08-2011, 12:48 PM
swing and a miss.

lol even as a heat fan i thought this was funny.

sventhedog
06-08-2011, 12:50 PM
seriously, people need to stop comparing him to MJ.

he's more like the next bruce bowen. look at the tape and check how he played defense. lol.

Panthers4life
06-08-2011, 12:59 PM

bahahahahahah the game lebron was "about to have" was 8 points hahahahahah. and wade choked at the end missing a free throw and not catching the in bound pass. should've been a sweep but heat have choked twice. now their in trouble

SteBO
06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
bahahahahahah the game lebron was "about to have" was 8 points hahahahahah. and wade choked at the end missing a free throw and not catching the in bound pass. should've been a sweep but heat have choked twice. now their in trouble
We did our job just getting one game @DAL, so no, we're not in any trouble right now. Game 5 is important though.

MagicHero3
06-08-2011, 01:29 PM
he was so shrunken last night, i felt like i was playing "wheres waldo" only "wheres lebron" in the 4th quarter.
oh! there he is! in the corner next to the bench!
but why is he THERE while Mike Miller and Mario Chalmers are dribbling in circles turning the ball over?
hmmmm...