PDA

View Full Version : Melo is the only player in the NBA lebron can't defend

Pages : [1] 2

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2011, 11:17 AM
He has proved it time and time again. Kobe is past his prime. Wade is on his team. Durant to skinny. We all seen what happs when u put Lebron on small quick guards example: D rose. Matched up head to in a playoff series Melo is the only guy who can get the best of Lebron. The Knicks roster still has to many holes but there is some hope, and the NBAs only hope

jiggin
06-06-2011, 11:18 AM
please post statistical information to back this claim.

thanks.

Kashmir13579
06-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Its gonna be fun to watch them play next year. I don't think this was a great idea for a thread.

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
biggest stats is career head to head he is 11-4 vs Lebron.Stats are overated all u need to know is he is 6'8 240 so he is in lebron weight class, and he has a offensive game with no flaws

Sly Guy
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM

thanks.

LOL, this.

Similar in height, and far less athletic. Somehow, I think LBJ can do a reasonably decent job, no matter how much of a 'pure scorer' Anthony is.

Rivera
06-06-2011, 11:22 AM
i dont know whats the point of this thread but heres the head 2 head matchup if anyone is interested http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

james has anthony beat in basically every stat except

win loss record

daleja424
06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
When has Melo ever had to play Lebron in a game that matters?

jockrider
06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
He has proved it time and time again. Kobe is past his prime. Wade is on his team. Durant to skinny. We all seen what happs when u put Lebron on small quick guards example: D rose. Matched up head to in a playoff series Melo is the only guy who can get the best of Lebron. The Knicks roster still has to many holes but there is some hope, and the NBAs only hope

umm no. they're apart of the evil empire alongside the heat they're trying to create a watered down version of miami.

bulls
mavs
thunder

are the nba's only hope.

knicks
lakers
heat

are PURE evil:D

ManRam
06-06-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=anthoca01

Here's your stats.

Melo shoots 44.3% against LeBron scoring 21.8 points a game.
LeBron shoots 46.4% against Melo scoring25.2 points a game.

I think this thread is a bit unnecessary.

EDIT: rivera beat me to it

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2011, 11:25 AM
i dont know whats the point of this thread but heres the head 2 head matchup if anyone is interested http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

win loss record

except the only stat that matters and the stats are close

Rivera
06-06-2011, 11:26 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=anthoca01

Here's your stats.

because i am an invisible ninja

Rivera
06-06-2011, 11:27 AM

yea but you act like james played with wade his whole career and melos played with amare his whole career

and like daelja said...when has melo and bron played in a meaningful game?

SteBO
06-06-2011, 11:27 AM
This thread creates some good discussion about 'Melo vs. LeBron. I do agree that 'Melo has no flaws offensively, but to say LeBron can't defend Carmelo is pure silly talk, considering 'Melo isn't that efficient a player to begin with and he's shooting 44% against LeBron career wise. Don't see how 'Melo has LeBron beat in that sense.

Kashmir13579
06-06-2011, 11:28 AM

The titles of this thread says LEbron can't defend 'Melo. The stats show that isn't true. W/L record is more of a team stat, you know?

Kashmir13579
06-06-2011, 11:29 AM
This thread creates some good discussion about 'Melo vs. LeBron. I do agree that 'Melo has no flaws offensively, but to say LeBron can't defend Carmelo is pure silly talk, considering 'Melo isn't that efficient a player to begin with and he's shooting 44% against LeBron career wise. Don't see how 'Melo has LeBron beat in that sense.

why the contradiction? of course 'Melo has flaws offensively.

SteBO
06-06-2011, 11:30 AM
The titles of this thread says LEbron can't defend 'Melo. The stats show that isn't true. W/L record is more of a team stat, you know?

Exactly.

beasted86
biggest stats is career head to head he is 11-4 vs Lebron.Stats are overated all u need to know is he is 6'8 240 so he is in lebron weight class, and he has a offensive game with no flaws

Glad to see you think that.

But his shot selection is shaky with a career 46% FG, also paired with the fact he's never even reached a 1.5/1 assist/turnover ratio.

There is only a handful of players with no flaws in their offensive game, and Melo is far from it. Only guys I can think of off the top are Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, and maybe Paul Pierce. Everyone else settles at times, is not aggressive at times, and is not physical enough at times. Those are the only 3 just off the top of my head that are usually taking the best shot and reading the defense well all the time.

ManRam
Even if LeBron "can't defend Melo", which I don't buy, we all sure as hell know that Melo "can't defend" LeBron either.

LeBron will outplay Melo more often than not.

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2011, 11:31 AM
This has been going on since high school melo has been on winning side vs lebron. Melo had some classic game svs Lebron he had the 40 point game with a game winner that Lebron almost started crying. He has a bunch of solid 26-28 point games which he hit big shots and won the game. My main point is he is the only player that has a realistic chance i think Durant is to weak.

midwestmadman
06-06-2011, 11:34 AM
So you think he can take Dwight Howard in the post? If Melo is the only player he can't defend that you are essentially saying this too.

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2011, 11:34 AM
What people forget is lebron avgs over 10 points a game in the open court by far the most in the NBA. In the playoffs there will be a slower pace and fast break. Melo has a much more complete offensive game. He makes it look alot easier.

Rivera
06-06-2011, 11:35 AM
This has been going on since high school melo has been on winning side vs lebron. Melo had some classic game svs Lebron he had the 40 point game with a game winner that Lebron almost started crying. He has a bunch of solid 26-28 point games which he hit big shots and won the game. My main point is he is the only player that has a realistic chance i think Durant is to weak.

okay....but still....whats the point of this thread?

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2011, 11:35 AM
So you think he can take Dwight Howard in the post? If Melo is the only player he can't defend that you are essentially saying this too.

they would never be matched up head to head. the whole point is guys who go head to head with lebron we see him guard postion 1-4 never the 5

jockrider
06-06-2011, 11:36 AM

he makes up for it with his size/ath and shooting touch he's definitely better than mello.

Heater4life
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM

ok.............. :confused:

midwestmadman
06-06-2011, 11:40 AM
What people forget is lebron avgs over 10 points a game in the open court by far the most in the NBA. In the playoffs there will be a slower pace and fast break. Melo has a much more complete offensive game. He makes it look alot easier.

I agree with this statement but his offensive game isn't what's up for debate, I would think everyone understands that Melo is a better offensive player than LeBron is in regards to scoring the ball, not making plays for others, but scoring the basketball. Melo is in my opinion the best scorer in the league today followed by Durant, those guys can do so many things on the offensive side of the ball. A defender can even know what's coming play it perfectly and they still score or get the foul and get two or sometime three free throws. My only issue with this thread is that I do feel there are many others LeBron can not D up, like virtually every starting center for most teams. As I stated earlier LeBron on Dwights back would be a mismatch to expolit on every possession period.

midwestmadman
06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
they would never be matched up head to head. the whole point is guys who go head to head with lebron we see him guard postion 1-4 never the 5

That is 100% true yes, but the title of this thread is: Melo is the only player in the NBA lebron can't defend. Again the only player in the NBA he can't defend, therefor my comment is completely accurate to this debate. No this isn;t directed at you bklynknicks3 but for anyone who thinks he can play all 4 spots on D. Do you think he could play Blake Griffen in the post? How about Zach Randolph? There is a time when size, and stength over come quickness, and athleticism and that is on the block where the elbows are thrown. LeBron would be wise to stay out of the way in regards to true NBA power forwards who have post moves and can operate with thier backs to the basket. I doubt LeBron would be able to stop Rasheed Wallace in his prime when played on the low bolck, or Webber when he was the toast of Sacremento. There are plenty of guys in the league he can't D up, and I grow tired of the media, and fans saying that LeBron can shut down everyone. By the way what did Paul Pierce drop on him in that game 6 playoff series between Boston and Cleveland, 47? Right he is the best defender in the galaxy.

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2011, 11:51 AM
the point of my statement is players that lebron would be matched up with not dwight or any other bigs

wjmoffatt
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I call BS! He can't guard, CP3, Superman, Dirk, Amare, or Durantula. Rose and Westbrook will tear him apart when they get their jumpers down. Lets not forget Lebron couldn't shot into the ocean when he was young, that's why Bruce shut his *** down in the finals.

dhopisthename
06-06-2011, 12:02 PM

you have been watching the finals right? the heat get 10 points a game in the fast break. Also, the fact is that neither amare or melo play any kind of defense and until they do they will never be factor to beat miami in the playoffs which is what you are trying say even though your title is misleading.

midwestmadman
06-06-2011, 12:03 PM
^^ Then perhaps you should change the title of thie thread to something more along the lines of "Melo is the only SF LeBron can't D up"

Then you'd have something to better debate. Of which I do agree to a certian respect. Melo is better offensively than LeBron is defensively. Some folks are bringing shooting % into play which is not an acurate arguement, as Melo has always been the go to option for his team and many shots are rushed against the shot clock etc. When you shoot in high volume and primarily those shots are jumpers the % isn't going to blow anyone away. However in his last few season his % has been higher, and his FT% is up as well. he can play on the block, he can hit the 3, he has mid range game, he can get out and run. He absolutely is a better offensive player than LeBron is. For those that are arguing that Melo can't stop LeBron either, that isn't the point of the thread, all that Bklynknicks3 is saying is that LeBron can shut down Melo, and he is 100% right.

Jetsguy
06-06-2011, 12:06 PM
I dont get the point of this thread?

Stats show Lebron does just fine defending Melo so :confused:

Rivera
06-06-2011, 12:16 PM
the point of my statement is players that lebron would be matched up with not dwight or any other bigs

wait....what?

whats the point of this thread

The Final Boss
06-06-2011, 12:17 PM

win loss record

I've never expected much out of you (so I'm never disappointed), but what do offensive stats have to do with defending Anthony? Stats are like women, they're nice to look at, but they don't tell the whole story. Funny how you mention Anthony only bests him in one category yet said category is the only one that matters. :facepalm:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 12:19 PM

thanks.

Melo has played against LeBron 16 times since 2003, Melo's team has won 13 of those games.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
Still don't think this thread shoulda been made.

Southsideheat
Am i the only one who think Melo would be a great PF in the future? He has the weight, and he can rebound, and it would hide his lack of perimeter defense.

dhopisthename
06-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Melo is better offensively than LeBron is defensively.
I don't think it is clear cut that melo is better offensively and in fact melo is more a volume scorer then he is a good offensive player and if you compared win shares they are pretty much even

Some folks are bringing shooting % into play which is not an acurate arguement, as Melo has always been the go to option for his team and many shots are rushed against the shot clock etc. When you shoot in high volume and primarily those shots are jumpers the % isn't going to blow anyone away.
Lebron has to do the same thing yet he shoot %50 last year compared to melo's 45% this year and last year

However in his last few season his % has been higher, and his FT% is up as well.
actually if you look at the stats his fg% has dropped the last 3 years compared to his 3-5 years

he can play on the block, he can hit the 3, he has mid range game, he can get out and run. He absolutely is a better offensive player than LeBron is.

except lebron has better numbers and better percentages, a higher per, and more offensive win shares so how exactly is melo better then Lebron?

Da Knicks
06-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Melo plays great against all the elites, lets hope he plays good when the game is in the playoffs.

airronijordan
06-06-2011, 12:26 PM
I dont necessarily agree that Lebron can't defend Melo, BUT Lebron always looks like a fool when Melo uses the spin move on him.

I remember when Melo and Lebron had that classic showdown where Lebron had a triple double and Melo had 40 points - Melo used the spin move a couple of times and it caught Lebron by surprise everytime

This past year, in Melo's 3rd game as Knick (when they beat the Heat bc of Stoudemire's block), Melo used the spin move in the 2nd quarter and once again it caught Lebron off-guard (Melo scored 29 in that game on 10-22 shooting)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Here's your stats.

this

Melo's overrated guys.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-06-2011, 12:31 PM

Lol, Lebron is a better offensive player than Melo and it isn't even close.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 12:31 PM
dhopisthename, your lying to youself. If you think LeBron is just good or better then Melo on offense. Just cuz his #'s are higher doesn't always nessesarily mean better. Melo's is more versatile scorer then LeBron. If you disagree, that's your opinion, but your lying to yourself.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Knicks fans continue the overrating of Carmelo....

ChitownSports16
06-06-2011, 12:36 PM

:facepalm:

And 11-4 dont mean jack!

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Lebron looks silly guarding Melo.. But I don't agree with this. Durant and Pierce (ESPclly Pierce) really give Lebron a tough time as well. Lebron will always have a higher pct because his game is heavily reliant on bullying to the basket . His shot is avg to above avg at best. I will admit that I don't agree with this thread being made but the OP does have a point. Lebron doesn't guard up on Melo like mist other forwards. Almost looks like he's scared of being embarrassed. But Melo can't really lock up either so it's whatever.I think Lebrons individual defense is overrated but his team defense is amazing...

Rivera
06-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I've never expected much out of you (so I'm never disappointed), but what do offensive stats have to do with defending Anthony? Stats are like women, they're nice to look at, but they don't tell the whole story. Funny how you mention Anthony only bests him in one category yet said category is the only one that matters. :facepalm:

lolwut?

i just posted there head to head stats because i still have no idea what the point of this thread is so i added something for the discussion

but when manram post the same exact stats and basically the same exact thing i did you say nothing right??? :facepalm:

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2011, 12:39 PM
I love how melo has haters now that he is a knick.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Lol, Lebron is a better offensive player than Melo and it isn't even close.

Incorrect.. If anything that's the one clear cut thing Melo is better @....

llemon
06-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Are Carmelo's supporters aware that assists are considered part of the offensive game of a player?

Rivera
06-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I love how melo has haters now that he is a knick.

lol because melo never had haters in denver??? :facepalm:

and before you go bashing me im actually a melo fan and have him in my top 10 nba players

and we still dont have a point to this thread :confused:

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Except Lebron is all muscle and Melo is all twinkies

SteBO
06-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Melo has played against LeBron 16 times since 2003, Melo's team has won 13 of those games.

That's a team stat, not an individual stat. Individually, LeBron has the edge over 'Melo and stats show that's the case.

BrooklynBandito
06-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Knicks fans :facepalm:

AIMelo=KillaDUO

And 11-4 dont mean jack!

Yeah!! WINS DON't MEAN JACK! :facepalm:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
That's a team stat, not an individual stat. Individually, LeBron has the edge over 'Melo and stats show that's the case.

Yeah, I never said Melo's stats were highe...

dhopisthename
06-06-2011, 01:05 PM
dhopisthename, your lying to youself. If you think LeBron is just good or better then Melo on offense. Just cuz his #'s are higher doesn't always nessesarily mean better. Melo's is more versatile scorer then LeBron. If you disagree, that's your opinion, but your lying to yourself.

then tell me in what way he is better? lebron has him on per, win shares percentages, assists, their turnovers are the same, he shoots more free throws. the only thing melo has on lebron is free throw percentage.

airronijordan
06-06-2011, 01:05 PM
To my fellow Knicks fans, Lebron is the better overall offensive and defensive player

Melo is the better scorer and better rebounder

SteBO
06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I never said Melo's stats were highe...
Well, that's the point of this thread. It has nothing to do with wins and losses. Fact is, LeBron has held 'Melo to inefficient shooting in their head to head matchups. LeBron is shooting 46%, about 26 ppg against him as opposed to 44%, about 22 ppg for Carmelo, so it's clear that LeBron has the edge.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
lol because melo never had haters in denver??? :facepalm:

and before you go bashing me im actually a melo fan and have him in my top 10 nba players

and we still dont have a point to this thread :confused:

It wasn't as bad when he was a Nugget

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Well, that's the point of this thread. It has nothing to do with wins and losses. Fact is, LeBron has held 'Melo to inefficient shooting in their head to head matchups. LeBron is shooting 46%, about 26 ppg against him as opposed to 44%, about 22 ppg for Carmelo, so it's clear that LeBron has the edge.

Lol... Ok? I never said he didn't. :confused:

NYYCowboys
06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
When I read the title to this thread I hoped a Knicks fan didn't start it because it's so untrue. If you look at the link on the first page basically Lebron wins every statistical category heads up with Melo. Lebron is a much better defender than Melo is, so that may be a reason why the stats are really skewed, but it doesn't really matter because Lebron is a way better player than Melo overall. Don't get me wrong Melo's still a good player, but Lebron will go down as one of the all time greats when it's all said and done.

SteBO
06-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Lol... Ok? I never said he didn't. :confused:
You probably don't understand what's going here. I was trying to prove this point you made wrong:

This was in response to a poster that told the OP to provide stats to support his claim. I was simply stating that a W-L record doesn't mean anything in that regard. Sorry if you misunderstood what I was getting at.

Rivera
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
It wasn't as bad when he was a Nugget

of course your gonna have haters and or fans when you go from a smaller market from denver to one of the biggest markets in the US NY...

thats just common sense....but common sense doesnt apply to PSD

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
this

Melo's overrated guys.

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2011, 01:14 PM

And 11-4 dont mean jack!

:facepalm:x2

Quietmoney
06-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Point is that were on a collision course with Lebron and the story will soon be told. I wanted the Knicks to drop to the seventh seed so badly just for that match up! I don't care about the Lebron bandwagon fans and what stat they pull up, all I know is that when they see play each other, everything will be determined. But I already know the outcome of that. Every team that Melo and Lebron has played on has been led by them. And on just about every level has the Melo team won. I watch games, I've seen what happens when the two are matched up, you guys can close your eyes when the game is on and pull up the stats when it's over if that's what floats your boats. But I agree that there was no need for this thread, but Lebron is the sole reason why we traded the farm for Melo. The organization knows about matchups and head to heads. It's all factored in. We'll see next season... Stay tuned. And oh yeah... Enjoy your run Miami.

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Melo might be more versatile offensively but it doesnt matter if the man takes 20 shots to score his 30. I say Lebron is better offensively as well because you can always count on him to draw a foul or even get an and1. There is also the matter of him having elite passing skills. Like Llemon said, assists are also considered offense. Melo sucks. Such a waste of talent. That man could be a top 5 player if he learned to take better shots and commited himself to defense. Melo is money hungry and has no work ethic.

DoMeFavors
06-06-2011, 01:15 PM
LeBron can defend anyone, your definition of defend would mean that LeBron cant guard half the NBA. Carmelo is half the player that LeBron is, LeBron is explosive, can defend, can make great passes, and can score. Carmelo can take 35 shots a game and score his 30 points.

YoungOne
06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
he tried to guard rondo last year..

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 01:23 PM

Melo might be more versatile offensively but it doesnt matter if the man takes 20 shots to score his 30. I say Lebron is better offensively as well because you can always count on him to draw a foul or even get an and1. There is also the matter of him having elite passing skills. Like Llemon said, assists are also considered offense. Melo sucks. Such a waste of talent. That man could be a top 5 player if he learned to take better shots and commited himself to defense. Melo is money hungry and has no work ethic.

lol. reading what you just said, You don't watch Carmelo. I like to read you're posts. None if any have been ignorant till this one.

FinsSuperBowl
Players besides Melo that Lebron would have problems guarding

1) Dwight Howard
2) Nowitzi

AIMelo=KillaDUO
LeBron can defend anyone, your definition of defend would mean that LeBron cant guard half the NBA. Carmelo is half the player that LeBron is, LeBron is explosive, can defend, can make great passes, and can score. Carmelo can take 35 shots a game and score his 30 points.

lol

Slimsim
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
LBJ can guard melo But he can't shut him down.

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2011, 01:30 PM

:facepalm:Not calling you a hater but that statement right there is making you look like one!

Raoul Duke
06-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Melo has a more complete offensive game because he can post up, but he's also lazy enough to settle for bad shots more often than he is willing to work for good ones.

I dunno. I'm sure Melo is a tough cover for Lebron, but Lebron is probably a much tougher cover for Melo.

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
LBJ can guard melo But he can't shut him down.

This...

LeBron can guard Melo, but Melo still gonna get his 25+ reguardless.

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
lol. reading what you just said, You don't watch Carmelo. I like to read you're posts. None if any have been ignorant till this one.

Let me rephrase it like this.. if Lebron had Melo's offensive skills, Lebron would be on Micheal Jordans level hands down. Melo is so skilled and could be so much better than what he is settling for. If he would just commit himself defensively and learn to take beter shots by reading what the defense gives him, he would be a top 5 player hands down. He has that type of talent. He just doesnt have that competitve that guys like CP3, Kobe, Dwight, Lebron and others have.

Also have your seen the pictures of him from this summer so far??? He got fat as hell! The man has no work ethic to better his game

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Let me rephrase it like this.. if Lebron had Melo's offensive skills, Lebron would be on Micheal Jordans level hands down. Melo is so skilled and could be so much better than what he is settling for. If he would just commit himself defensively and learn to take beter shots by reading what the defense gives him, he would be a top 5 player hands down. He has that type of talent. He just doesnt have that competitve that guys like CP3, Kobe, Dwight, Lebron and others have.

Ok now I can sort of agree with this!!!

Slimsim
06-06-2011, 01:34 PM

:facepalm: i know you hate the knicks and all but you never said melo sucked when he was rumored going to NJ.

Rivera
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM

Also have your seen the pictures of him from this summer so far??? He got fat as hell! The man has no work ethic to better his game

this is coming from a guy who was saying melo is a top 5 player in the league when he was rumored to being in NJ :facepalm:

NYsFinest
06-06-2011, 01:40 PM
The same nets fans that were saying that aqcuiring Melo and Billups would be good enough to catch up to the 8th seed when they were like 8 games out with 25 to play are now saying Melo is a bum :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 01:42 PM
:facepalm:Not calling you a hater but that statement right there is making you look like one!

Me saying he is a waste of talent is not hating on him. Its me thinking about all he could be but wont ever be because he refuses to work at it. I could have phrased it better. He doesnt suck as a player but compared to what Lebron does for his team and what is expected of Melo now that the Knicks gave up the farm for him makes him seem so ordinary at best. He could be a top 5 player. Lets all hope D'Antoni gets canned and the Knicks hire a coach that can make better use of Melo in the half court and maybe force him to commit to the defensive end. Lets also hope he lets go of the "hero" mentality and develops into a beter team player so that he becomes a more efficient player.

Its nothing against Melo. I have the same beef with Derrick Rose except Rose is young and has the competitive desire to better his game. I dont think Melo has that. I dont think Melo views his game as having any flaws.

llemon
06-06-2011, 01:44 PM
The same nets fans that were saying that aqcuiring Melo and Billups would be good enough to catch up to the 8th seed when they were like 8 games out with 25 to play are now saying Melo is a bum :facepalm:

Not this Net fan.

Never wanted to trade for 'Melo.

Would have considered him if he was a FA.

Certainly didn't want Billups. Too old, injury prone and expensive.

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 01:45 PM
this is coming from a guy who was saying melo is a top 5 player in the league when he was rumored to being in NJ :facepalm:

Stop making stuff up. I never claimed that Melo was a top 5 player and i only wanted him as a Net because he was the only star that was available. However i always hated the huge package that we were giving up for him as ive always believed him to be severely overrated

Quietmoney
06-06-2011, 01:49 PM
The Nets are classless. There the same ones that said we gave up too much but gave up 2 first round picks, devin harris, and favors for a player not even guaranteed to stay after this season coming. Wow... you guys need to worry about what's going on with your franchise and the direction there headed in. Because as a Knick fan, no matter what short comings Amare and Melo may have, were gonna be in it.

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 01:56 PM
The Nets are classless. There the same ones that said we gave up too much but gave up 2 first round picks, devin harris, and favors for a player not even guaranteed to stay after this season coming. Wow... you guys need to worry about what's going on with your franchise and the direction there headed in. Because as a Knick fan, no matter what short comings Amare and Melo may have, were gonna be in it.

Ok?.. sooo what i gather from your post is that Nets fans are prohibited from commenting or sharing their opinion on a Knick related thread???

Rivera
06-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Stop making stuff up. I never claimed that Melo was a top 5 player and i only wanted him as a Net because he was the only star that was available. However i always hated the huge package that we were giving up for him as ive always believed him to be severely overrated

lol your lucky that PSD deleted threads from the trade deadline or i would have gotten a quote that you would have said otherwise

Quietmoney
06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Ok?.. sooo what i gather from your post is that Nets fans are prohibited from commenting or sharing their opinion on a Knick related thread???

Not at all... but you guys wanted Melo badly. Don't talk bad about him now. I remember him lighting the Nets up this season too! Lol!

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 02:07 PM
lol your lucky that PSD deleted threads from the trade deadline or i would have gotten a quote that you would have said otherwise

You are confusing me with someone else. Ive always hated Melo as a person and thought he was an overrated player

omdigga
06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
You are confusing me with someone else. Ive always hated Melo as a person and thought he was an overrated player

lol.. what did melo ever do to you... besides not wanting to be a net :D

Lisound15
06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
can we please stop this nonsense... it makes our knicks fanbase look ignorant and stupid, lebron is in the finals, melo isnt, melo has never been there, and until then he isnt better than lebron.

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2011, 02:17 PM
can we please stop this nonsense... it makes our knicks fanbase look ignorant and stupid, lebron is in the finals, melo isnt, melo has never been there, and until then he isnt better than lebron.

Who said Melo is better then Lebron? The thread is about Lebron who can guard anybody in the league except Melo (Which is sort of true)!

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
lol.. what did melo ever do to you... besides not wanting to be a net :D

He admitted after the trade that he would have resigned with the Nets if he had ended up there so... yea.. you fail.

I dislike Melo as a person because of his lack of passion. He lacks the competitive drive to succeed. He fails to see the flaws in his game or refuses to work on them. He shows intesity on the court only when he is motivated. He lacks work ethic (look up his recent pictures and see how fat he has gotten). He is money hungry and selfish. He is a drama queen and always in search of the spotlight. I could go on. He has all the qualities that i hate in an athlete.

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Who said Melo is better then Lebron? The thread is about Lebron who can guard anybody in the league except Melo (Which is sort of true)!

Agreed. There is something about Lebron that wakes the beast in Melo making him impossible to shut down. If only Melo could keep that beast awake every game

papipapsmanny
06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
i dont think he can cover dirk, that is about it. Maybe durant in a little if he puts some weight on

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Lebron didn't have to guard him. Seems Paul Pierce did a good enough job.

Da Knicks
06-06-2011, 03:08 PM

Says the guy that cried when melo chose the knicks over the nets lol:laugh2:

arkanian215
06-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Melo over his career shot 45.9%. vs LeBron, he shot 44.3%. LeBron can defend him most of the time. We know LeBron doesn't always guard the other team's best scorer all the time but we can say that Melo doesn't do better vs Lebron's teams than he does on average in terms of shooting efficiency.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Says the guy that cried when melo chose the knicks over the nets lol:laugh2:

Melo didn't choose anything.

MalZee24
06-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Just because carmelo is harder to defend than durant, bryant, etc doesn't mean lebron can't guard him. it's just lebron has a harder time guarding melo than the others. he can still guard melo though.

Aapox
06-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Lebron can guard Dwight Howard? News to me.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Lebron can't guard Hercules. Guy is just too strong to the rim.

John Walls Era
06-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Sure maybe. But it doesn't matter if you can't stop anyone else.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 03:52 PM
He admitted after the trade that he would have resigned with the Nets if he had ended up there so... yea.. you fail.

I dislike Melo as a person because of his lack of passion. He lacks the competitive drive to succeed. He fails to see the flaws in his game or refuses to work on them. He shows intesity on the court only when he is motivated. He lacks work ethic (look up his recent pictures and see how fat he has gotten). He is money hungry and selfish. He is a drama queen and always in search of the spotlight. I could go on. He has all the qualities that i hate in an athlete.

It's off season, who cares if Melo puts on a little weight... He goes to camp every year weighing exactly what he needs too, and is always in shape. How bout last year when Melo went on a vegan diet... showing up to camp 15 pounds lighter. You cannot sit there and tell me he doesn't work hard or has no work ethic. How is he selfish... Joining Amare proved otherwise. Yeah he doesn't have Tim Tebows work ethic, but how many athletes do? And when you call him a Drama queen I hope your not referring to him being traded. He never asked for a trade!!! Show me the articles! Your a Melo hater and it seeping through my computer screen. Sorry to say this... but honestly it seems like the media has courupted you, Everything your saying is exactly what the media says, I'm not seeing any original posts, or even any thought.

I'm not, by any means saying Melo is better then LeBron, because he isn't. But to say Melo Sucks...Come on bro.

BklynKnicks3
06-06-2011, 03:53 PM

this same person was on melo watch crazy to go to the Nets, but now since he a knick he a hater. Wait till dwill leaves to knicks he will suck to n be full of twinkies

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Melo didn't choose anything.

EXACTLY! So can we end the talk of Melo being a Drama Queen... He didn't choose to get traded.

Atownballa5
06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
and the egotistical knicks fan strikes again... its not all you guys but some of you knick fans dont know where your head is

Atownballa5
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
this same person was on melo watch crazy to go to the Nets, but now since he a knick he a hater. Wait till dwill leaves to knicks he will suck to n be full of twinkies

obviously because everyone wants to go to dA KnIcKs

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM

I agree... But damn man you need express your opinions with a little less bias. or saying "he sucks" lol...

I don't think it's fair to judge him because he's not working out a month after his season ended. Are you forgetting he's a father, a husband?

So with that said... Leads me to my question for you.

When you get off work from a long day @ work. Do you go home and do things to to improve your work?

Crackadalic
06-06-2011, 04:02 PM
It's off season who cares if Melo puts on weight... He goes to camp every year weighing exactly what he needs to and is always in shape. How bout last year when Melo went on a vegan diet... showing up to camp 15 pounds lighter. You cannot sit there and tell me he doesn't work hard or has no work ethic. How is he selfish... Joining Amare proved otherwise. Yeah he doesn't have Tim Tebows work ethic, but how many athletes do? And when you call him a Drama queen I hope your not referring to him being traded. He never asked for a trade!!! Show me the articles! You a Melo hater and it seeping through my computer screen. Sorry to say this... but honestly it seems like the media has courupted you, Everything your saying is exactly what the media says, I'm not seeing any original posts, or even any thought.

I'm not, by any means saying Melo is better then LeBron, because he isn't. But to say Melo Sucks...Come on bro.

Good post. Doesnt matter if melo is top 5 or top 15. He's a damn good player. People have this image of melo as some bad guy but really he never ask to get traded. He has the same mindset as dwight that he wants to keep his options open but never said "please trade me to the knicks"

As for the actually question. Both Melo and Lebron defend each other well but both can go off for 40+ against each other

llemon
06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
And when you call him a Drama queen I hope your not referring to him being traded. He never asked for a trade!!!

He never asked for a trade?

Of course not. He just told Nuggets he wasn't going to sign an extension and that he was going to opt out of his contract.

kArSoN RyDaH
06-06-2011, 04:11 PM

win loss record

The only thing that matters. :rolleyes:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 04:22 PM
He never asked for a trade?

Of course not. He just told Nuggets he wasn't going to sign an extension and that he was going to opt out of his contract.

So it was ultimatley Denvers choice to trade him, correct? What do you perfer melo does? Do an ESPN special saying where he's gonna go. Or do you respect the fact that he told the franchise what his plans were or weren't in this case. Yeah, he coulda left Denver but naked in the cold... But no, he gave them a chance to get something in return, wich is respectable. If anything it says alot about Melo's charichter, and proffessionalism.

miller74
06-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Yes winning is more important but ur talking about a 1 on 1 battle, a game within a game. When Anthony is good enough to get his team to late may early june, than LBJ would shut him down just the same as everyone hes come across.

pd1dish
06-06-2011, 04:31 PM
im not going to be scared of the knicks until they commit to defense. i mean, lets look at the top contending teams over the past couple years.

Miami and the Mavs both made the finals this year and Miami is arguably the best defensive team in the league and the Mavs have proven they can play that zone pretty damn well.

Chicago bought into Thibs' defensive schemes which led to the #1 overall seed and also arguably the best defense in the league.

Boston has been dominant defensively for a few years now, and it led to multiple finals appearances and also a ring.

LA has also dominated over the past years and they play great defense.

i just cant see the Knicks being contenders when your superstar players are known for not playing defense, and you have a coach that is known for being 100% offensive minded. Melo doesnt offset that

Atownballa5
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
So it was ultimatley Denvers choice to trade him, correct? What do you perfer melo does? Do an ESPN special saying where he's gonna go. Or do you respect the fact that he told the franchise what his plans were or weren't in this case. Yeah, he coulda left Denver but naked in the cold... But no, he gave them a chance to get something in return, wich is respectable. If anything it says alot about Melo's charichter, and proffessionalism.

no he only told them that i refuse to go anywhere other than the knicks, granted they gave denver id say a pretty good offer. he still made a big deal about it

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 04:35 PM
no he only told them that i refuse to go anywhere other than the knicks, granted they gave denver id say a pretty good offer. he still made a big deal about it

Please show me this article you speak of. Where Melo said he refused to sign with anyone but the Knicks.

BALLER R
06-06-2011, 04:38 PM
the knicks will be banging with the heat next season or the season after you can save this comment in your archives to laugh at me if this isn't true by then. People overrate stats because if you watch them play Melo scores on lebron a lot easier than most of the other guys that Lebron usually guards. yeah you can show me stats but its only means so much, watch game tapes of lebron guarding other players and you can see exactly what im talking about.

llemon
06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Please show me this article you speak of. Where Melo said he refused to sign with anyone but the Knicks.

Melo let it leak to the press through his people.

That is how it works.

'Melo couln't demand a trade to the press, or he would have gottren fined.

Crackadalic
06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
im not going to be scared of the knicks until they commit to defense. i mean, lets look at the top contending teams over the past couple years.

Miami and the Mavs both made the finals this year and Miami is arguably the best defensive team in the league and the Mavs have proven they can play that zone pretty damn well.

Chicago bought into Thibs' defensive schemes which led to the #1 overall seed and also arguably the best defense in the league.

Boston has been dominant defensively for a few years now, and it led to multiple finals appearances and also a ring.

i just cant see the Knicks being contenders when your superstar players are known for not playing defense, and you have a coach that is known for being 100% offensive minded. Melo doesnt offset that

I failed to see what does this has to do with anything. The thread is about melo vs lebron and who can or cannot guard the other

Slimsim
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Funny thing is Miami played 3 good defensive teams so far in the playoffs and have beaten them all in 5. So yea IDK why you would be afraid of the Knicks if they play def if Miami steam rolled their way to the finals beating the best Defensive teams int he NBA

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 04:50 PM
I agree... But damn man you need express your opinions with a little less bias. or saying "he sucks" lol...

I don't think it's fair to judge him because he's not working out a month after his season ended. Are you forgetting he's a father, a husband?

So with that said... Leads me to my question for you.

When you get off work from a long day @ work. Do you go home and do things to to improve your work?

If i got paid 65 mill to play ball then HELL YEA I WOULD. I would do everything i could to prove im better than everyone. Thats called competitiveness and Melo doesnt have it. He only has his pride which is what drives him when he faces the Lebrons and Kobes... but motivation has always been a problem for him.

Rivera
06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
If i got paid 65 mill to play ball then HELL YEA I WOULD. I would do everything i could to prove im better than everyone. Thats called competitiveness and Melo doesnt have it. He only has his pride which is what drives him when he faces the Lebrons and Kobes... but motivation has always been a problem for him.

:laugh: :laugh:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Melo let it leak to the press through his people.

That is how it works.

'Melo couln't demand a trade to the press, or he would have gottren fined.

Show me the quotes from "his people" then

FriedTofuz
06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Lebron is a good defender, but there are alot of players he cant defend. One being, dwight howard. To say lebron can guard every player in the nba is completly false.

maddBat
06-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Lebron is a good defender, but there are alot of players he cant defend. One being, dwight howard. To say lebron can guard every player in the nba is completly false.

damnitttt!!! beat me 2 it. :mad: :rolleyes:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 05:01 PM

I'm not asking if you made 65 million... I'm asking you. Mr. Chill_Will_24, the way your life is, right now, as we speak. Do you sir, go home and improve your work skills when you get off from work, and hafta be back to work in the morning better then you were the day before. Or how about on your days off... Do you contantly work to be better @ work.

Melo works his *** off over the summer. Give the guy a break, It's not even a month since his season is over. Can the man enjoy life? He isn't some programmed robot designed to eat, sleep, breath and play basketball 24/7 you bein kinda hard on the Melo-man

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2011, 05:04 PM
cool story bruh

ryang
06-06-2011, 05:09 PM
who cares... Let's wait tell they meet in the PLAYOFFS... Even then it's called team defense and will be hard to judge...

ryang
But I'll take Lebron over Mello on D and O

Raps43va
Melo is better than lebron and he has shown this in the past. NY is gonna take the championship in the upcoming years.

hype707
06-06-2011, 05:10 PM

Signed with love

Carmelos Mom:rolleyes:

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm not asking if you made 65 million... I'm asking you. Mr. Chill_Will_24, the way your life is, right now, as we speak. Do you sir, go home and improve your work skills when you get off from work, and hafta be back to work in the morning better then you were the day before. Or how about on your days off... Do you contantly work to be better @ work.

Melo works his *** off over the summer. Give the guy a break, It's not even a month since his season is over. Can the man enjoy life? He isn't some programmed robot designed to eat, sleep, breath and play basketball 24/7 you bein kinda hard on the Melo-man

And ill answer the same way mr. AIMelo=KillaDUO... The amount of money he makes should be motivation enough to eat right during the off season and work out. I weld metal for 27 an hour and if they told me that they would pay me 65 million i would go and get a degree in whatever i had to to become the best at it. I dont know what your asking. Melo gets paid millions to be the best that he can be, not to play the season, hope for the best and enjoy the summer. The asked Kobe one time when he would rest and he answered "when i retire"...

llemon
Show me the quotes from "his people" then

Google 'Carmelo wants out of Denver'.

FriedTofuz
damnitttt!!! beat me 2 it. :mad: :rolleyes:

haha my bad, great minds think a like :D

KnicksR4Real
06-06-2011, 05:18 PM

thanks.

lol dude you dont always need stats. look at when they play eachother, melo always gets the best of him.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Google 'Carmelo wants out of Denver'.

No, you braught it up, YOU show me.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 05:23 PM
And ill answer the same way mr. AIMelo=KillaDUO... The amount of money he makes should be motivation enough to eat right during the off season and work out. I weld metal for 27 an hour and if they told me that they would pay me 65 million i would go and get a degree in whatever i had to to become the best at it. I dont know what your asking. Melo gets paid millions to be the best that he can be, not to play the season, hope for the best and enjoy the summer. The asked Kobe one time when he would rest and he answered "when i retire"...

lol how many players are on Kobe Bryants level... No player works as hard is him.

like I said earlier, Melo doesn't have the Tim Tebow work ethic, I understand that, But to say he has "NO WORK ETHIC" is a little ridiculous. I don't care if you don't like Melo... Just try to keep it realistic.

llemon
06-06-2011, 05:28 PM
No, you braught it up, YOU show me.

Sorry, but if you wish to remain ignorant, that's on you.

mdm692
06-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Knicks fans continue the overrating of Carmelo....

i remember when people used to say dirk was overrated and looke where he at now. . .lets give melos new team a chance then we will see if he chokes

jim51990
melo has become the most overrated player in the league possibly all time
i say this as someone who liked melo but people have made it impossible to continue to

AIMelo=KillaDUO
Sorry, but if you wish to remain ignorant, that's on you.

Show me the proof... If I had proof, I'd show it.

EDIT: I just googled exactly what you told me to google and found nothing about him saying, or any "he said she said" articles about him signing with anyone execpt the Knicks. So if you could please show me the article. I would appreciate it.

Jewelz0376
06-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Melo does seem to have more success against Lebron than any other sf...He's one of the few sf's that can actually match up with Lebron in terms of strength and melo has the quickness to go with it

llemon
06-06-2011, 05:42 PM

EDIT: I just googled exactly what you told me to google and found nothing about him saying, or any "he said she said" articles about him signing with anyone execpt the Knicks. So if you could please show me the article. I would appreciate it.

It's in there.

Crackadalic
06-06-2011, 05:45 PM
The amount of bias on both sides is astounding to me. Im a big kobe fan and ill tell you nobody has kobe work ethic. NOBODY.

If you hate melo then its hard to take anyone seriously when your using your personal emotion instead of facts(articles etc) for the argument

If melo is overrated then find w/e but to say he's trash he sucks he's top 100 just stop it

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 05:48 PM

Its all sources. Obviously nobody will be able to fing any direct quotes from Carmelo or any reports where he demands a trade. However he let his ppl know and they in turn leaked the info.. if your argument is that nobody can prove that Melo is a classless money hungry idiot then you will win because there is no proof. Its all sources and reports. Reports by Chris Sheridan stated that Melo only wanted to be traded to the Knicks. Sheridan guaranteed that Melo would be a Knick. Sheridan was right all along so why should we doubt that his sources are legit when they say that Melo truly told DEN he would only resign with NY and maybe NJ?

Your argument is weak. Nobody can prove that the MIA 3 decided to play together years ago. Nobody can prove that Deron pushed Sloan out. Nobody can prove that Dwight has a list of teams that he wants to play for. Nobody can prove that CP3 was serious with his toast.

ryang
06-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Melo is better than lebron and he has shown this in the past. NY is gonna take the championship in the upcoming years.

Wow really better?? and he has shown it?? you dont mean regular season do u?? how many times has mello made it to the finals?? Lebron did by himself... Lebron>mello and it shouldnt be a convo... I guess we will see mello has a shot to change peoples minds but he hasnt even come close yet...

ryang
06-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Mello is a good player anybody who says different hates him and or the knicks.. I hate the knicks but im not stupid enough to say Mello sucks... Sure his d is not elite but that doesnt mean he sucks.. Id take him on my team anyday of the week

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Melo does seem to have more success against Lebron than any other sf...He's one of the few sf's that can actually match up with Lebron in terms of strength and melo has the quickness to go with it

Agreed. Melo has an extra level that is only reached when he faces the elite. Its like he turns super saiyan against Lebron, Kobe etc. I wish Melo would harness his talent and work to be the best he could be. He matches up well with Lebron and even defends Lebron well. Melo is not that bad of an individual defender.

llemon
06-06-2011, 05:53 PM

Google again. Look for 'Carmelo wants out of Denver, NOW' on YardBarker, Dec 10, 2010. It's about the 6th link down.

ryang
06-06-2011, 05:58 PM
mello wanted out of denver it is clear as day... He went home right were he wanted to be so what?? I hate him but whats the point of saying he did or did not want to leave?? He left right?? you think denver couldnt wait until he left?

pd1dish
06-06-2011, 06:02 PM
I failed to see what does this has to do with anything. The thread is about melo vs lebron and who can or cannot guard the other

the OP said that the only hope in taking down Miami is the Knicks. and i stated why i believe they will never contend, and thats because they dont play defense.

Funny thing is Miami played 3 good defensive teams so far in the playoffs and have beaten them all in 5. So yea IDK why you would be afraid of the Knicks if they play def if Miami steam rolled their way to the finals beating the best Defensive teams int he NBA

the Heat play spectacular defense while having the most unstoppable player in the game in Lebron, and Wade is easily top 5 overall, if not top 3. the way the Heat are playing now, they would steamroll every team in the NBA and they have proven that by knocking out 2 other elite teams in the playoffs and are leading 2-1 in the Finals against the Mavs who have been lights out this past month.

if the Heat were playing the Knicks, instead of all close games (like the Bulls series and this Mavs series) it would be complete blowouts in MIA's favor. the Knicks wouldnt stand a chance, and they dont stand a chance against any of the top teams in the NBA in a 7 game series.

if you honestly dont believe defense has anything to do with Miami's success, and any other of the elite teams' success, you have no idea what you're talking. of course, i am trying to explain this to probably some little kid on this website, who thinks that having the best offensive players makes the best team.

championships
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM
What a joke.

IBleedPurple
06-06-2011, 06:12 PM
This is laughable. Surprised a homer thread made it this long.

Kyben36
06-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Knicks fan. so this doesnt count, there are plenty of players lebron cant cover, lebrons defense IMO is very over rated, he has been trived on thos blocked shots he has on the run, and isnt IMO that good of a one on one defender, when Luol Deng can score the way he did, Paul peirce scores the way he does, Hell, Marion has blown by james multiple times in thsi series. he is nothing close to a shut down defender like the league has seen. can he be a great defender at times, sure, but the greats dont show up in the last 5 minutes, they play defense throughout the hole game.

ryang
06-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I hate the Knicks but they might be one of the two teams in the east for the next 7 years that have a shot... Superstars and or stars 9however u grade mello and stat ) show up in big games most of the time and the bench that they had in these playoffs gave them no shot... put wade, lebron and bosh on the knicks and take mello and stat off and we would have a hard time going to the finals this year..

All that being said we do have a better bench and our stars are better on D so we should win more titles but we cannot just say the knicks no matter who they sign will never compete.. The celtics = done the bulls are one of the two and who else can compete?? none in the east anyway

Slimsim
06-06-2011, 06:18 PM
the OP said that the only hope in taking down Miami is the Knicks. and i stated why i believe they will never contend, and thats because they dont play defense.

the Heat play spectacular defense while having the most unstoppable player in the game in Lebron, and Wade is easily top 5 overall, if not top 3. the way the Heat are playing now, they would steamroll every team in the NBA and they have proven that by knocking out 2 other elite teams in the playoffs and are leading 2-1 in the Finals against the Mavs who have been lights out this past month.

if the Heat were playing the Knicks, instead of all close games (like the Bulls series and this Mavs series) it would be complete blowouts in MIA's favor. the Knicks wouldnt stand a chance, and they dont stand a chance against any of the top teams in the NBA in a 7 game series.

if you honestly dont believe defense has anything to do with Miami's success, and any other of the elite teams' success, you have no idea what you're talking. of course, i am trying to explain this to probably some little kid on this website, who thinks that having the best offensive players makes the best team.

my point was you said you won't be afriad of the Knicks until they Become more of a Defensive minded team. So i brought up the fact that the top defensive team in the Celtics and bulls have both been beaten by miami in 5 games. So even if the Knicks become a defensive team what's not to say that miami would not beat us in 5.

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 06:19 PM
probably has a point.

llemon
06-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I hate the Knicks but they might be one of the two teams in the east for the next 7 years that have a shot.

That Depends on how well Amare holds up

Slimsim
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
I hate the Knicks but they might be one of the two teams in the east for the next 7 years that have a shot... Superstars and or stars 9however u grade mello and stat ) show up in big games most of the time and the bench that they had in these playoffs gave them no shot... put wade, lebron and bosh on the knicks and take mello and stat off and we would have a hard time going to the finals this year..

All that being said we do have a better bench and our stars are better on D so we should win more titles but we cannot just say the knicks no matter who they sign will never compete.. The celtics = done the bulls are one of the two and who else can compete?? none in the east anyway

you give hope to miami posters. no denying your big three is better than ours but if any team have a shot at beating you in a 7 game series it's probably NY. Hell melo Almost beat Boston by himself with Jared Jeffries as the second leading scorer.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Its all sources. Obviously nobody will be able to fing any direct quotes from Carmelo or any reports where he demands a trade. However he let his ppl know and they in turn leaked the info.. if your argument is that nobody can prove that Melo is a classless money hungry idiot then you will win because there is no proof. Its all sources and reports. Reports by Chris Sheridan stated that Melo only wanted to be traded to the Knicks. Sheridan guaranteed that Melo would be a Knick. Sheridan was right all along so why should we doubt that his sources are legit when they say that Melo truly told DEN he would only resign with NY and maybe NJ?

Your argument is weak. Nobody can prove that the MIA 3 decided to play together years ago. Nobody can prove that Deron pushed Sloan out. Nobody can prove that Dwight has a list of teams that he wants to play for. Nobody can prove that CP3 was serious with his toast.

Fair enough.

What did Melo do that was soo classless?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Google again. Look for 'Carmelo wants out of Denver, NOW' on YardBarker, Dec 10, 2010. It's about the 6th link down.

Found it.

But, even after reading the article, it's all based on hear-say.

You can't prove that Melo demanded a trade, and no you also cannot prove that Bron, Wade, and Bosh had a blueprint years ago to play together.

ryang
06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
you give hope to miami posters. no denying your big three is better than ours but if any team have a shot at beating you in a 7 game series it's probably NY. Hell melo Almost beat Boston by himself with Jared Jeffries as the second leading scorer.

and I hate the knicks more then any heat fan (see the 90's and youll know why)... The celtics are done, the bulls are not going anywhere (and wade always struggles against them) and the knicks have mello and stat of course it depends on amare's health but what kinda arguement would that turn into to? The knicks need to dump everybody on there team besides Billups, amare and mello and sign real players and I think its Heat then Bulls then Knicks... who knows after that

KnicksR4Real
06-06-2011, 06:55 PM
for all the doubter, we will see in a few years

Vee-Rex
06-06-2011, 07:15 PM
lol what's the point of this thread?

I'll sum it up.

Lebron is more dominant than Melo both offensively and defensively. Overall, he's a better offensive player because it's harder to stop Lebron's dominance.

Melo has a more complete offense than Lebron. No, it's not better (because it's not at dominant), but he's capable of scoring in more ways than Lebron. His jumper is wetter, his post game is better. Melo has the most complete offense out of any other player in the league except for Kobe.

Lebron can defend Melo well, but Melo is a superstar. So if Melo is hot, he'll torch anyone. Lebron is a much better defender but if Kobe, LBJ, Melo, Wade, Durant, etc... are hot, no one can guard any of them.

/End thread

llemon
06-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Found it.

But, even after reading the article, it's all based on hear-say.

You can't prove that Melo demanded a trade, and no you also cannot prove that Bron, Wade, and Bosh had a blueprint years ago to play together.

I don't have to prove it.

I've been following the NBA for 49 years.

I know it.

You are the the one that claims to be unsure of something that most followers of the NBA know to be a fact.

DR_1
06-06-2011, 07:25 PM

win loss record

That's the only one that matters.

llemon
06-06-2011, 07:28 PM
That's the only one that matters.

That would favor Lebron, wouldn't it?

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2011, 07:32 PM

Basically what llemon is saying is that he can't back up his statement!

Yanks All Day
06-06-2011, 07:50 PM
lol what's the point of this thread?

I'll sum it up.

Lebron is more dominant than Melo both offensively and defensively. Overall, he's a better offensive player because it's harder to stop Lebron's dominance.

Melo has a more complete offense than Lebron. No, it's not better (because it's not at dominant), but he's capable of scoring in more ways than Lebron. His jumper is wetter, his post game is better. Melo has the most complete offense out of any other player in the league except for Kobe.

Lebron can defend Melo well, but Melo is a superstar. So if Melo is hot, he'll torch anyone. Lebron is a much better defender but if Kobe, LBJ, Melo, Wade, Durant, etc... are hot, no one can guard any of them.

/End thread

This wins. I'd also like to see how well Carmelo Anthony would play against LeBron James in the playoffs, where his defense has been out of this world.

0nekhmer
06-06-2011, 11:30 PM
everytime i watch a melo vs lebron battle, melo does score on lebron A LOT. melo is a hell of a shooter and has strength to drive against lebron.

RedRicanoBx
06-07-2011, 12:34 AM
yea but you act like james played with wade his whole career and melos played with amare his whole career

and like daelja said...when has melo and bron played in a meaningful game?

his 1st sunday in the eastern conference :)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't have to prove it.

I've been following the NBA for 49 years.

I know it.

You are the the one that claims to be unsure of something that most followers of the NBA know to be a fact.

where are these facts tho? How do you "know it"? Are you personally in Melo's circle? Are you one of these people whom I cannot find these mythical quotes on? Do you work for the NBA/New York Knicks/Denver Nuggets?

The only fact is, is that there is no proof that Melo himself, demanded a trade. That I do know. Or else we would have proof. If we were in court, in front of a jury you sir, would have lost.

Rivera
06-07-2011, 11:55 AM
his 1st sunday in the eastern conference :)

yup because a game in february is meaningful :facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-07-2011, 12:02 PM

0-4 is almost now:laugh:

Raph12
06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Lebron gives the jumper to guys he knows are adept at attacking the rim, so if Melo's jumper is going, it'll be a long night for Lebron. He gives his man space, Melo is just strong enough and athletic enough to eat that space and finish strong at the basket; but when he has the jumper going, then it's game on.

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Durant is still young, He's gonna be the future.

Jordan
Kobe
James
Durant

GiantsSwaGG
06-07-2011, 01:54 PM
0-4 is almost now:laugh:

:facepalm: Watch the games!

Jay16
06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
All together Knick fans

WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
clap , clap , clap clap clap
WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR

TheCooLKid2020
06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm not much of a Melo fan anymore but i still love this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MY0qUt5CM

llemon
06-07-2011, 02:24 PM
where are these facts tho? How do you "know it"? Are you personally in Melo's circle? Are you one of these people whom I cannot find these mythical quotes on? Do you work for the NBA/New York Knicks/Denver Nuggets?

The only fact is, is that there is no proof that Melo himself, demanded a trade. That I do know. Or else we would have proof. If we were in court, in front of a jury you sir, would have lost.

LOL!!!!! You're funny. And stupid.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 02:42 PM

Now you wanna use illogical fallacies in our discussion. Yeah... No point in even talkin to you anymore. You lost to a stupid person./

GMEN4EVER
06-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Melo is the best option to play Lebron 1 on 1 on either side of the court. At least now that Kobe's prime is in the past and Wade is on the Heat. There's nobody else who's really that close to being able to match up with Lebron 1 on 1 on either side of the court. He's not as good of a player overall, but he plays Lebron real tough, and historically his teams have gotten the better of Jame's teams in the past because of this.

Lebron can guard him, the better point to make is Lebron can not shut Melo down by himself, and there's very few players this is the case for. Melo is one of them, Dirk to an extent is as well (Lebron doesn't have the length to defend him 1 on 1, but he does do a great job with the help defense on Dirk). Not going to waste the time listing the others, but it's true that Melo is one of the few Lebron can't shut down like he did to Rose. And Melo also happens to be one of the few who can defend Lebron 1 on 1 when he's actually engaged in the game (check the last Heat Knicks game this year to see what i'm talking about). He's probably the best anti Lebron player in the game today. Now we'll see if the knicks can put the right group of players around him to challenge the heat in a 7 game series.

JazzAllDay-JB
06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Now you wanna use illogical fallacies in our discussion. Yeah... No point in even talkin to you anymore. You lost to a stupid person./

LOL not the illogical fallacies. Bro he probably doesnt know what that means lol

ryang
06-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Melo is the best option to play Lebron 1 on 1 on either side of the court. At least now that Kobe's prime is in the past and Wade is on the Heat. There's nobody else who's really that close to being able to match up with Lebron 1 on 1 on either side of the court. He's not as good of a player overall, but he plays Lebron real tough, and historically his teams have gotten the better of Jame's teams in the past because of this.

Lebron can guard him, the better point to make is Lebron can not shut Melo down by himself, and there's very few players this is the case for. Melo is one of them, Dirk to an extent is as well (Lebron doesn't have the length to defend him 1 on 1, but he does do a great job with the help defense on Dirk). Not going to waste the time listing the others, but it's true that Melo is one of the few Lebron can't shut down like he did to Rose. And Melo also happens to be one of the few who can defend Lebron 1 on 1 when he's actually engaged in the game (check the last Heat Knicks game this year to see what i'm talking about). He's probably the best anti Lebron player in the game today. Now we'll see if the knicks can put the right group of players around him to challenge the heat in a 7 game series.

1:then wade goes off

2:Lebron in the playoffs is a different animal something Mello has yet to see...

I disagree and I also will say I can't prove im right.. (we havent seen a 7 game series )... All that being said Lebron>Mello ... Mello will get a shot im sure of it tho and Im sure lebron will do just fine

KnicksR4Real
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
This is why Melo is the best offensive player in the NBA....

llemon
06-07-2011, 03:48 PM

Both statements (your being funny and stupid), based on your posts. are logical, and not fallacies.

However, your posts do contain many elements of fellation.

KnicksR4Real
06-07-2011, 03:49 PM

get a lif scrub. go hate someone else. what are you 9?

llemon
06-07-2011, 03:52 PM
get a lif scrub. go hate someone else. what are you 9?

But I really enjoy hating Knick fans.

For the most part, the are know-nothing idiot homers.

What's not to hate?

AnalyzeNShoot
06-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I hope the knicks learn to defend and play big 3 vs big 3. I just want to see a compatitive
series instead of lopsided series. Miami is clearly on another level compare to any other team and to beat a big 3 u need a big 3. Heats over Celts proved that

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 04:07 PM
LOL not the illogical fallacies. Bro he probably doesnt know what that means lol

Problley not. :D

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Both statements (your being funny and stupid), based on your posts. are logical, and not fallacies.

However, your posts do contain many elements of fellation.

But your getting personal and not sticking to the discussion and the only way you have as an exit, is to true to insult me personally. Illogical fallacy. You lose.

Flawless Victory.... FATALITY!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 04:19 PM

What's not to hate?

Get that hate out your heart my friend... I don't hate you. I hope none of my fellow Knick fans hate you either.

"Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true. Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love." --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Tuck&Rolle
06-07-2011, 04:24 PM

What's not to hate?

Knick fans know the game better then any other fan base. They actually know the game, not just the NBA and the knicks.

llemon
06-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Get that hate out your heart my friend... I don't hate you. I hope none of my fellow Knick fans hate you either.

"Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true. Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love." --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Everyone has hate in their hearts. Sports is a great way to get it out of your system.

llemon
06-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Knick fans know the game better then any other fan base. They actually know the game, not just the NBA and the knicks.

Native Manhattanite, and I found most Knick fans to be unknowledgeable homer idiots.

ryang
06-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Knick fans know the game better then any other fanbase?? give me a break... If u mean you know other peoples team's because u scout them in hopes they play for u next year then Maybe I agree

ryang
06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
That wasnt a shot at all knick fans just the ones who say they are a smarter fan base then any other...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Everyone has hate in their hearts. Sports is a great way to get it out of your system.

I don't/

ryang
06-07-2011, 04:40 PM
me either well maybe a little for boston teams

Ironman5219
06-07-2011, 04:40 PM

THIS :clap:

Ironman5219
06-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't/

AI your halo is being held up by your devil horns, one just has to look at your posts in the Jazz forum to see your true colors, thanks for the good laugh though.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-07-2011, 04:42 PM
This is why Melo is the best offensive player in the NBA....

How can you say that?:confused:

Tuck&Rolle
06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
If you don't realize Melo is the most unguardable player in the NBA then you don't know this game at all.

ryang
06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
he is a knick fan

ryang
06-07-2011, 04:47 PM
If you don't realize Melo is the most unguardable player in the NBA then you don't know this game at all.

wow is all i have to say... Mello really?? he is nice and all but the best?/ I'll keep Lebron and Wade over him all day... Dirk is more unguardable then mello.. you act like mello doesnt miss alot of shots or somethn... Didnt he have like 15 and 17 in two of the 4 games they lost to the celtics?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 04:55 PM
AI your halo is being held up by your devil horns, one just has to look at your posts in the Jazz forum to see your true colors, thanks for the good laugh though.

lol. None of my posts in the Jazz forum have hatred behind them. I tell all y'all in the Jazz forum the truth or an opinion outside of your circles, and no one except for maybe 1 or 2 can handle it. Yes I dislike the Utah Jazz... Do I hate them? No.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 04:57 PM
wow is all i have to say... Mello really?? he is nice and all but the best?/ I'll keep Lebron and Wade over him all day... Dirk is more unguardable then mello.. you act like mello doesnt miss alot of shots or somethn... Didnt he have like 15 and 17 in two of the 4 games they lost to the celtics?

Yeah... I don't think Melo is the best offesnsive player in the game, He is however the most versatile, easily. And in that Boston series, as soon as he would receive a pass... he was instantly doubled, sometimes tripple teamed.

ryang
06-07-2011, 05:00 PM
If he learns how to take it to the cup like a wade lebron or kobe then maybe but not easily.. In the boston series he was a man alone i get it but people are comparing numbers to lebron when he was alone... He has a better 3 point shot then lebron but jumpres from 16 and taking it to the cup you gotta side with lebron

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 05:02 PM
If he learns how to take it to the cup like a wade lebron or kobe then maybe but not easily.. In the boston series he was a man alone i get it but people are comparing numbers to lebron when he was alone... He has a better 3 point shot then lebron but jumpres from 16 and taking it to the cup you gotta side with lebron

Na he doesn't attack nearly as much as Wade, or LeBron. But he still attacks more then most... Wich is why he's also among the league leaders in FTA's

Wade and LeBron aren't as crafted in the post as Melo is. Melo shoots the 3 much better then them. (I like Wade and Bron) LeBron's midrange game is almost none existant. Melo has a polished midrange game. can take you down to the block also. LeBron just bulldoze's his way to the basket. and his Jumpers are either spot ups, or a hard quick dribble and pulls up.

ryang
06-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Im just saying lebron is a better offensive player IMO and defensive... Mello is nice top 10 but Lebron is arguably number 1 with wade not dropping out of the top 3... Mello can post better and can shoot the 3 better but thats it... Its not a fair shake tho mello hasnt had the chance yet so this arguement could go on and wont end tell about 5 years from now then we will know.. But right now lebron is the better scorer and he gets doubled just as much if not more then mello

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Im just saying lebron is a better offensive player IMO and defensive... Mello is nice top 10 but Lebron is arguably number 1 with wade not dropping out of the top 3... Mello can post better and can shoot the 3 better but thats it... Its not a fair shake tho mello hasnt had the chance yet so this arguement could go on and wont end tell about 5 years from now then we will know.. But right now lebron is the better scorer and he gets doubled just as much if not more then mello

Not true. Melo is better offensivily then LeBron. If LeBron had Melo's touch, post game... he'd be the GOAT right now.

What makes LeBron the better overall player then Melo is the fact that he is 3x the passer Melo is, so more assists, always getting the teammates involved. and he is 10x the defender Melo is. LeBron is that much better @ everything else, is what makes him better.

ryang
06-07-2011, 05:19 PM
^ Agree to disagre.. i think mello is good on O no doubt but better then Lebron when it comes to scoring( no matter how it goes in) I'll take LeBRON

GiantsSwaGG
06-07-2011, 05:33 PM

Lmao thats what I call a Knock out punch right here

GiantsSwaGG
06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
But your getting personal and not sticking to the discussion and the only way you have as an exit, is to true to insult me personally. Illogical fallacy. You lose.

Flawless Victory.... FATALITY!

Lmao....This

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Lmao....This

:hi5:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 05:37 PM
^ Agree to disagre.. i think mello is good on O no doubt but better then Lebron when it comes to scoring( no matter how it goes in) I'll take LeBRON

Fair enough. lol. :cheers:

GiantsSwaGG
06-07-2011, 05:38 PM

What's not to hate?

This is what you call a hater!

ryang
06-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Most knick fans i know hate us like we hate them but there is usually respect... To call anybodys fanbase not knowlegable is retarted... I guess he has met all of you?

BALLER R
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
what's with the melo hate. If he just had that defense he would easily be a top 5 player because offensively he has a well rounded skill set. I would take lebron's defensive but Melo's offensive

ryang
06-07-2011, 05:46 PM
both are capable of scoring in bunches

jockrider
06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
what's with the melo hate. If he just had that defense he would easily be a top 5 player because offensively he has a well rounded skill set. I would take lebron's defensive but Melo's offensive

I'd take bron on offense. it's true mello has the more well rounded offensive game but bron is more dominant in that aspect.

GiantsSwaGG
06-07-2011, 05:56 PM

We mainly get that from Nets Fans, Well some of them (llemon, DoMeFavors)...They talk about how we don't know basketball or how our organization is horrible but yet we had more wins then them this season then they have the last 2 combine...

RaidersLakers24
06-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Whenever Lebron guards Kobe the black mamba always seems to find a way to score on him... To bad they don't guard each other all the time

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Thats because wade plays kobe tight

Raps43va
06-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow really better?? and he has shown it?? you dont mean regular season do u?? how many times has mello made it to the finals?? Lebron did by himself... Lebron>mello and it shouldnt be a convo... I guess we will see mello has a shot to change peoples minds but he hasnt even come close yet...

melo is 11-4 against lebron in his nba career nuff said, how come he is probably the only guy that can really get under lebrons skin?? melo lead a denver team to the finals in a hard western confernce, the guy has had to play against kobe for 8 years guy cmon, he knows how to play against the best, and we will see ny take out miami in the future. lebron also got swept in the finals so what did he do that was so great, not to mention how weak the EC was that year.

llemon
06-07-2011, 06:11 PM
We mainly get that from Nets Fans, Well some of them (llemon, DoMeFavors)...They talk about how we don't know basketball or how our organization is horrible but yet we had more wins then them this season then they have the last 2 combine...

Never said I had hate for 'Melo.

I said 'Melo asked for a trade to the Knicks.

And it is true, I have little respect for the intelligence of most Knick fans.

fin_frenzy_84
06-07-2011, 06:13 PM
D-Rose would eat up Lebron if Lebron covered him during the first quarter. Rose played pretty much the whole game and was tired. When he is tired his quickness and speed is gone so he couldnt get around him. It was a real smart move by the heat.

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:15 PM
melo is 11-4 against lebron in his nba career nuff said, how come he is probably the only guy that can really get under lebrons skin?? melo lead a denver team to the finals in a hard western confernce, the guy has had to play against kobe for 8 years guy cmon, he knows how to play against the best, and we will see ny take out miami in the future. lebron also got swept in the finals so what did he do that was so great, not to mention how weak the EC was that year.

1: Regular season doesnt mean anything.. A Lakers fan out of all people should know that..Also he left the cavs for that very reason.. Denver vs any of the cavs past teams ill take denvers..

2:The east was soft this year?

3::facepalm: Hate at its best.. please explain this one?? So the knicks who arguably only have 3 players on there roster right now are going to take us out how?? Do you have a crystal ball?? I guess you do so who are they signing this summer??

4: So whats the arguement Mello will average 28.6 points a game this year and Lebron will average 27.5?? ok thats fine u win

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:19 PM
D-Rose would eat up Lebron if Lebron covered him during the first quarter. Rose played pretty much the whole game and was tired. When he is tired his quickness and speed is gone so he couldnt get around him. It was a real smart move by the heat.

and lebron would score all over him so what?? he is a PG and we r talking mello vs lebron.. Keep fishing... Just messing with u finz frenzy we like the dolphins but i had no idea you were a bulls fan.. Rose is a pg lebron is not

JordansBulls
06-07-2011, 06:20 PM
I don't think Lebron can guard Wade, Kobe, Dirk, Melo or Rose for any sustained length of time. He certainly can guard them down the stretch of a game though.

GiantsSwaGG
06-07-2011, 06:22 PM

I never say you hated Melo, Im talking about Knicks fans. You basically saying Knicks fans are unknowledgeable homer idiots which isn't true, I can easily say Nets fans are Beggars and look Pathetic, but I don't....because all nets fans aren't...Their are a few, but alot of them aren't!

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:24 PM
So we have nit picked at everything Lebron does on and off the court.. So are we done?? Who cares he is a better defender then any of those u name and his offense is either better,equal or 2 points a game less then any of those guys u name.. But a g.m. will take Lebron over any player in the league so would you... Did you know Mello can wipe his butt faster then Lebron?? I think its because he has skinny arm"s.. What do you think?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 06:30 PM

OMG... You still have no proof of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:32 PM
mello wipes his butt faster i think its skinny arms what do u guys think??

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:33 PM
It might also be because he has always lived in cold enviroments so the toilet seat might be cold... Stats dont lie he is in and out of the bathroom faster every game

xxplayerxx23
06-07-2011, 06:35 PM
How do you say a whole fan base is that. Yes we have dummys but thats in every fan base. Lebron can not completly stop Melo but it doesnt matter. Lebron is the better player. I agree with the thread but You knew you were going to get hate. Lebron > melo overal. Melo> Lebron Offensivly

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 06:37 PM
It might also be because he has always lived in cold enviroments so the toilet seat might be cold... Stats dont lie he is in and out of the bathroom faster every game

See thats where your wrong... LeBron's TP weighs 0.0031 more then Melo's, therefor slowing him down, mileseconds time. Lebron has hairyer arms, also slowing him down... :mad:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 06:38 PM
But if the roll, rolls towards it might take a little longer. then it would if it were to roll away from you... So I'm not sure any more?!?!

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
new york fans for the most part are louder he must have met the loudest

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:41 PM
See thats where your wrong... LeBron's TP weighs 0.0031 lighter then Melo's, therefor slowing him down, mileseconds time. Lebron has hairyer arms, also slowing him down... :mad:

dam.. so now that he is new york do u think the cold might make him go faster?? Or will lebron take more time because its colder inside then out?? I gotta know this is killing me

Raps43va
06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
1: Regular season doesnt mean anything.. A Lakers fan out of all people should know that..Also he left the cavs for that very reason.. Denver vs any of the cavs past teams ill take denvers..

3::facepalm: Hate at its best.. please explain this one?? So the knicks who arguably only have 3 players on there roster right now are going to take us out how?? Do you have a crystal ball?? I guess you do so who are they signing this summer??

4: So whats the arguement Mello will average 28.6 points a game this year and Lebron will average 27.5?? ok thats fine u win

I SAID lebron took a cavs team to the finals in a weak eastern conference that year and got swept in the finals what is so great about that. ill admit melo has to step his d game up, but it has been proven in the past great offence can beat great defence, you've heard the announcers say it that was great defence but better offence. we all know cp3 is gonna end up in new york and with a couple good roll players and tweaks in their bench they will have a much more then capable team to beat miami. its all in due time just have to wait, as of right now let miami get their championship.

Raps43va
06-07-2011, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Raps43va;18160762]I SAID lebron took a cavs team to the finals in a weak eastern conference that year and got swept in the finals what is so great about that. ill admit melo has to step his d game up, but it has been proven in the past great offence can beat great defence, you've heard the announcers say it that was great defence but better offence. we all know cp3 is gonna end up in new york and with a couple good roll players and tweaks in their bench they will have a much more then capable team to beat miami. its all in due time just have to wait, as of right now let miami get their championship.

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I SAID lebron took a cavs team to the finals in a weak eastern conference that year and got swept in the finals what is so great about that. ill admit melo has to step his d game up, but it has been proven in the past great offence can beat great defence, you've heard the announcers say it that was great defence but better offence. we all know cp3 is gonna end up in new york and with a couple good roll players and tweaks in their bench they will have a much more then capable team to beat miami. its all in due time just have to wait, as of right now let miami get their championship.

Well cp3 is not going there this year unless the knicks have some trade assets i dont know about? I think new york and chicago are the only teams in the EAST that have a shot moving forward but you said the knicks would.. i dont buy it that they will they have a chance would have been better... there is no way to tell u dont know the role players they are bringing in or the center,pg we r bringing in so how do u know? cause cp3,mello and stat (if healthy) are gonna just kill us.. NO

llemon
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
OMG... You still have no proof of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, but he did ask for a trade to the Knicks.

It was reported that way because 'Melo had it leaked through his people, including his agent and his wife. OMG!!!!

Raps43va
06-07-2011, 06:53 PM

and when did i say the east was soft this year, read like a normal human and dont see what u want to see

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
OMG, but he did ask for a trade to the Knicks.

It was reported that way because 'Melo had it leaked through his people, including his agent and his wife. OMG!!!!

Let's see the articles then. Show me a clip... Show me proof! You have no evidence!!

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
And u act like mello will have 45 with great d but better o so how many points due lebron wade and bosh have?? Its a team not lebron vs mello a matchup u cant say favors mello because he has a smoother offensive game..

ryang
06-07-2011, 06:55 PM
I never said u did i asked if this year it was soft... Notice the ? Mark????