PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Invisible - LeBron James

Pages : [1] 2

NYSpirit1
06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
After these NBA Finals, at least so far, I don't know how LeBron James could ever be compared to Michael Jordan.

While James dominated in the 4th quarter in earlier rounds, when it comes to the Finals, he literally goes invisible.

If anything, Wade is playing better than LeBron. He's been the attacker in the fourth quarter, while LeBron stands around like a role player.

For all the hype LeBron has received, he has not lived up to it at all with just 61 points total in 3 games.

Jordan's not going to be duplicated. He just took it to a level never seen before in the Finals. Kobe hasn't dominated the Finals, well, ever like Jordan did. He went 6-24 in Game 7 of last year's Final win. LeBron's not going to dominate either.

There are so many moments that are forever cemented in Jordan's legacy like the "changing hands" shot vs the Lakers, the 6 threes vs the Blazers, the Flu Game, the Last Shot. All those moments will never be duplicated by Kobe or LeBron, because that was Michael Jordan.

If someone ever will perform to Jordan's level in the NBA Finals, he has yet to play in the NBA.

AllBall
06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
This is so deserving of its own thread......NOT :rolleyes:

JB0B0
06-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Wade will get his 2nd finals MVP if Miami wins.

jimbobjarree
06-05-2011, 11:56 PM
I've been thinking the same thing about Lebron's invisibleness. I find myself questioning whether Lebron is even on the floor sometimes. Its a shame that him joining up with Wade and Bosh has robbed the fans of seeing classic Lebron James taking over games and averaging 35+ in series, he just seems to play within himself these days.

PurpleJesus
lebron is averaging a very efficient 20 points and 7 rebs and 6 assts this series. He is being very efficient

NYMetropolitans
Wade has shown that this is still very much his team and will rack in his second MVP if the Heat win the series.

ChitownBears22
06-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Invisible. 44% shooting 17 points 9 assisist (20 points) shutting down the perimeter shooters.

I guess it is only about points to NY fans. How did that work out for you.

NBA_Starter
06-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Invisible had 9 assists!:speechless:

Jewelz0376
I saw it coming.... I knew after game 2 when Lebron tried closing the game..I knew Wade was going to make sure and close out game 3 if he had the chance

Dallas Tx4Life
lebron is averaging a very efficient 20 points and 7 rebs and 6 assts this series. He is being very efficient

LOL... The best casper the league has ever known

GoatMilk
Mr. Invisible averaging 20/7/9/2 steals
yup

NetsPaint
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
I thought this thread was gonna be about the lack of defense on LeBron going in the lane.

AllBall
People want Lebron to drop 50 in the finals even though he is facilitating, Haters never satisfied :laugh2:

Ebbs
How quickly people forget he easily was the best player on their team through 3 rounds. Wade has been better for 3 games :shrug: good lord.

beasted86
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
If someone ever will perform to Jordan's level in the NBA Finals, he has yet to play in the NBA.

Wade says hello.

And seriously, are you mad? LeBron has had an incredible impact without having to dominate solely scoring.

Cal827
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Wade could eventually be brought up into the conversation...He's just on another level in the finals.. Some of the shots he hit today were ridiculous.. Still though, it'll take at least 3 or four more appearances before we can even conisder it.

stawka
06-06-2011, 12:03 AM
After watching the Heat pretty much from the Boston series onwards, I firmly believe Wade has a bigger ego than LeBron. He shoots too much, and it seems like he's trying to outdo LeBron all the time. LeBron seems to me like the dumb uneducated kind of guy who just doesn't know what to do in certain circumstances. From his press conferences, to tough times on the court. He NEEDS to start attacking and not sitting at the 3 and waiting for someone to waste time and kick it out to him for an off-balance 3 with te shot clock on 2

AllBall
06-06-2011, 12:04 AM
If
Lebron is high scorer AND Heat Lose
Then
Lebron is such a ball hog, he is best as a facilitator, why wont he learn!?
Else If
Lebron is facilitator AND Heat Win
Then
Lebron is invisible, why wont he score more!?

:rolleyes:

poleandreel
06-06-2011, 12:04 AM
lebron has the best defensive player on the mavs guarding him.

wade has 38 year old jason kidd on him.

Why wouldn't you exploit the weaker defender and use it to your advantage? Have you never played basketball?

Maybe you are just use to players like kobe jackin up shots when he has open teammates who are proven scorers

Lebron is also playing lock down D

Master Mind
06-06-2011, 12:07 AM
:sigh: I feel for Lebron...

Fmaranesi
06-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Guys take it easy on him, he's a Knicks fan, I don't think he has ever seen defense. If you watch Lebron on the defensive side of the ball and facilitating the rock then you'd see how dominate Lebron really was in this game, a guy doesn't have to score 30 plus to dominate a game, watch him on defense....you know, the other 50% of the game.

The Flash
06-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Lebron is playing really smart basketball now

omdigga
06-06-2011, 12:12 AM
i dont like the jordan comparison with anyone.. but its more fitting for DWade than Bron..

Teeboy1487
06-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Who cares. I didn't care when Kobe went 6-24. As long as my team won, nothing else mattered. End this stupid thread.

tr3ymill3r
06-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Shawn Marion on LeBron James or Jason Terry on Dwayne Wade...both are in advantage of Miami, but who would you go to?

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2011, 12:24 AM
so manram...... do you really still think this is lebrons team? ;)

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2011, 12:26 AM
why are miami fans getting mad? you guys were wade fans first. REMEMBER!!!!

PurpleJesus
06-06-2011, 12:26 AM
watch lebron get 50 next game, but his team loses...what will people say then?

knicks_champ
06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Lebron went to Miami for this to be helped out.

Dallas Tx4Life
i dont like the jordan comparison with anyone.. but its more fitting for DWade than Bron..

I don't agree with comparing people that play different positions, so in that sense it would fit... But we all know Kobe is as close to Jordan as it's gonna get... He had the same coach calling the same plays.. It had to be somewhat similar since Kobe has that greatness

THE GIPPER
Hes the only guy I know who can almost average a triple double while being the best defensive player on the floor and the haters say he's invisible.

Kashmir13579
06-06-2011, 12:30 AM
so manram...... do you really still think this is lebrons team? ;)

why are miami fans getting mad? you guys were wade fans first. REMEMBER!!!!

Yo i forget to tell you, sorry about your Bulls, dude. I always hate it when my favorite sports teams get eliminated from post season play.

12evolution 9
06-06-2011, 12:32 AM
... really guys??

ill take the invisible Lebron any day... cause ya know he can pop off, and btw

btw.. he played solid defense and, ran some flare screens and ect...

just cause he didnt do work offensively doesnt mean he was invisible...

John Walls Era
06-06-2011, 12:33 AM
This argument got someone killed tonight... out of respect we should continue this tomorrow.

alucard1122
06-06-2011, 12:41 AM
invisible???

how can you say lebron its invisible,, when lebron made assists to wide open shots for all team??

a great player not only score pts,, also rebs, asts, blck, stls, etc..

Im sure youre a child under 16 yers old!

dodie53
06-06-2011, 12:49 AM
before this series started,
i told my friends Wade will win his 2nd finals mvp.
:)

i think LBJ is ok with Wade winning the mvp this season,
he can get his next year.
hehe

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Yo i forget to tell you, sorry about your Bulls, dude. I always hate it when my favorite sports teams get eliminated from post season play.

i dont know if you are being sarcastic or not, but thanks. and how you been kashmir.

Law25
06-06-2011, 12:50 AM
After these NBA Finals, at least so far, I don't know how LeBron James could ever be compared to Michael Jordan.

While James dominated in the 4th quarter in earlier rounds, when it comes to the Finals, he literally goes invisible.

If anything, Wade is playing better than LeBron. He's been the attacker in the fourth quarter, while LeBron stands around like a role player.

For all the hype LeBron has received, he has not lived up to it at all with just 61 points total in 3 games.

Jordan's not going to be duplicated. He just took it to a level never seen before in the Finals. Kobe hasn't dominated the Finals, well, ever like Jordan did. He went 6-24 in Game 7 of last year's Final win. LeBron's not going to dominate either.

There are so many moments that are forever cemented in Jordan's legacy like the "changing hands" shot vs the Lakers, the 6 threes vs the Blazers, the Flu Game, the Last Shot. All those moments will never be duplicated by Kobe or LeBron, because that was Michael Jordan.

Kobe vs Magics 2009
32.4pts 5.6rebs 7.4ast 1.4stl 1.4blk (MVP)

Kobe vs Celtics 2010
28.6pts 8rebs 3.9ast 2.1stl .71blk (MVP)

LeBron Has so far proven to be Wades Pippen in the finals

Wade
29pts 8rebs 5ast 1.6blks 1.3stls

LeBron
19pts 6.6rebs 6ast 2.3stls .3blks

Kobe's not Jordan but he did dominate finals like M.J but your right on about LeBron.

M.J vs Sonics 96 Finals
27.3pts 4.2ast 5.3rebs 1.7stls .17blks 41% shooting
Did M.J not dominate in those finals

Catfish1314
06-06-2011, 12:57 AM
How quickly people forget he easily was the best player on their team through 3 rounds. Wade has been better for 3 games :shrug: good lord.

True, but this is the Finals. And LeBron is supposed to be the best player in the NBA. The best player should play much better on the biggest stage. So to some degree, this thread has a point.

As great as LeBron is, he has been nowhere near as aggressive as he should be the last two games. There were multiple opportunities for the Heat to seal the game, but LeBron (and Bosh) were too tentative. Wade smelled blood, but apparently nobody else did.

But to his credit, he's hardly "Mr. Invisible." He finished the game with 9 assists and compensated for Wade's mediocre play in the ECF to get them to the Finals in the first place. And they did win this game afterall.

NYtilIdie
06-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Lebron could give 2 s**ts about scoring 30 PPG in The Finals, just as long as he wins a ring, he'll be satisfied.

LA_Raiders
06-06-2011, 01:05 AM
LeBroom is no more that a sidekick that shokes at the end. He cant get it done, thats why he joined the 2nd best player in the league to win a ring...

Law25
06-06-2011, 01:14 AM
True, but this is the Finals. And LeBron is supposed to be the best player in the NBA. The best player should play much better on the biggest stage. So to some degree, this thread has a point.

As great as LeBron is, he has been nowhere near as aggressive as he should be the last two games. There were multiple opportunities for the Heat to seal the game, but LeBron (and Bosh) were too tentative. Wade smelled blood, but apparently nobody else did.

But to his credit, he's hardly "Mr. Invisible." He finished the game with 9 assists and compensated for Wade's mediocre play in the ECF to get them to the Finals in the first place. And they did win this game afterall.

As Wade did in the semi coference finals to get them to the ECF check ther stats against the Celtics 2nd rd. Truth is 1st round was an wash between them as far as stats. 2nd round Wade dominated. 3rd round LeBron but Bosh to did the most damage. Now its the finals where games count the most and Wade is doing his thing. Thats not saying LeBron is not its saying he's been Wade's Pippen so far when everyone thought he would be more, and its time to give Wade his credit. People should stop with all this he carried Wade through three rounds becuase thats just false.

NYtilIdie
06-06-2011, 01:16 AM
LeBroom is no more that a sidekick that shokes at the end. He cant get it done, thats why he joined the 2nd best player in the league to win a ring...

Jesus, you've got to be the most worthless poster on this website. All you do is come up with these dumbass nicknames that you think is so damn clever and provide zero evidence to back up your ridiculous claims. And in all honestely, this is probably the longest post i've seen you write since I've joined this website, which is pathetic.

Saying Lebron chokes in the end is just idiotic, its like you've had selective vision through the entire playoffs up until this point. So does Wade choke also since he played horrendous in the Chicago series? Guess who picked up for Wade's struggles and closed games out? You guessed it, Lebron or "Lebroom" as ignorant people on here refer to him as.

Also, Wades the best player in the league? Thats just laughable, especially since Lebron has shown his dominance this entire playoff run, Lebron doesn't need to score to be effective, he's played terrific defense all throughout the playoffs and scored efficiently.

So can we go ahead and say Kobe choked since he got swept in the Semi's since were basing this off of your logic?

Also, after the Chicago series EVERYBODY said Lebron showed why he is the best player in the league right now.

Jewelz0376
06-06-2011, 01:19 AM

:laugh2:

RapOZo
but they still have to win 2 more, and/or possibly play up to 4 more games; chillax son!, it only has been 3 games played and he got pretty decent numbers, efficiency way up high, so it's too early to count this guy out of an outstanding finals performance.

Catfish1314
As Wade did in the semi coference finals to get them to the ECF check ther stats against the Celtics 2nd rd. Truth is 1st round was an wash between them as far as stats. 2nd round Wade dominated. 3rd round LeBron but Bosh to did the most damage. Now its the finals where games count the most and Wade is doing his thing. Thats not saying LeBron is not its saying he's been Wade's Pippen so far when everyone thought he would be more, and its time to give Wade his credit. People should stop with all this he carried Wade through three rounds becuase thats just false.

I didn't say LeBron "carried" Wade anywhere. Wade wasn't even technically mediocre in the ECF. He was only mediocre by Dwyane Wade standards.

LeBron's defense and clutch play against Chicago lead Miami to the Finals. Maybe "lead" is a better word.

Korman12
06-06-2011, 01:21 AM
For so many people scoring is, and will be, the only thing that matters. Not defense, facilitating and dictating pace, not even efficiency.

Some don't get it, some don't want to.

Law25
06-06-2011, 01:29 AM
For so many people scoring is, and will be, the only thing that matters. Not defense, facilitating and dictating pace, not even efficiency.

Some don't get it, some don't want to.

If your refering to Wade and LeBron. Wade is averaging more point, rebs, and blocks than Lebron thats 3 out of the top 5 stats (which are points, rebounds, assits, steals, and blocks), and only behind by one in assits, and steals. He's out stating him by more then just scoring.

Law25
06-06-2011, 01:31 AM
^
Also Wade is also setting the pace in the begining, and taking over in the end.

naps
06-06-2011, 01:58 AM
Wade is the hands down MVP thus far. LeBron is playing very efficiently and his lock down defense is a key to win games as well. Both are impacting games but Wade has been too good.

Philly series---LeBron
Boston---Wade
Chicago---LeBron
Dallas---Wade

See how it works? For people who say it's LeBron's or Wade's team need to realize this. There is no clear-cut alpha-dog on the Heat team. No pippen. Both are Jordans.

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Wade is the hands down MVP thus far. LeBron is playing very efficiently and his lock down defense is a key to win games as well. Both are impacting games but Wade has been too good.

Philly series---LeBron
Boston---Wade
Chicago---LeBron
Dallas---Wade

See how it works? For people who say it's LeBron's or Wade's team need to realize this. There is no clear-cut alpha-dog on the Heat team. No pippen. Both are Jordans.

:facepalm:

JLynn943
06-06-2011, 02:09 AM
This thread is a joke, right? I thought 17 points and 9 assists (including one on the game-winner), plus great defense, was a pretty great game. He did exactly what his team needed him to do. He facilitated and he drove to the hoop enough to open up many good jump shots. Without him, the Heat lose that game. :shrug:

Sixerlover
06-06-2011, 02:13 AM
2 wins away from Lebron's 1st ring. That's really all that matters.

Knicks21
06-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Invisible. 44% shooting 17 points 9 assisist (20 points) shutting down the perimeter shooters.

I was just about to agree with you until i heard that smart arse comment at the end.

EaglePride615
06-06-2011, 02:19 AM
if you think about it. lebron wasnt a closer in the last 2 playoff rounds. if you remember in the first round he got blocked by elton brand and went up weak.

wade created perfectly for lebron. if you watched, lebron caught the ball in his spot and pulled a j or a step back j. he didnt create a shot for himself. it was a tough shot. but mainly wade was looking for either a good opening in the d or to setup a team mate. and he did it again tonight. he found an open bosh for the go ahead bucket with about 30 seconds in the game.

LA_Raiders
06-06-2011, 02:21 AM
The chosen one a sidekick??? must be hard for his ego to handle, but thats what he wanted when joining the 2nd best player in NBA. Probably he thought he was going to take it from wade...

REGular
06-06-2011, 02:23 AM

I don't really understand all this criticism.

At 26 years old, Michael Jordan wasn't even Michael Jordan yet and he had barely even sniffed the Finals.

Kobe Bryant, the near-unanimous closest thing to MJ, wasn't the best player on his team for his 1st 3 rings.

No reason Lebron's career can't match Jordan's. If it's not there yet then it's simply not there, but I don't see how this invalidates him from ever reaching that point.

EaglePride615
06-06-2011, 02:25 AM
wade and lebron > jordan and pippen
1 jordan
2 lebron
3 wade
4 pippen
now saying their a better duo now with nothing to back that up is hard to do, but their more talented id say. jordan made pippen. neither lebron nor wade made each other.

Sixerlover
06-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Why are NBA fans so fascinated about sidekicks and batmans, and robins etc etc etc when regarding two of the top 5 players in the league? It's almost as unimportant as ranking players because of championships in my opinion.

Who was Robin Kareem or Magic? Duncan or Robinson? Reed or Frazier? Russell or Cousy? Doc or Moses? West or Chamberlain? We don't care anymore. All of those duos won title(s) and were two of the best players in the league at the time.

THAT's the company Lebron / Wade will be in, not in the Jordan / Pippen company where there is a clear choice between better player and worse player.

JB0B0
06-06-2011, 02:37 AM
I can't wait to see the look on LeBron's face when Wade gets his 2nd finals mvp hahaha

Hawkize31
06-06-2011, 02:42 AM
I can't wait to see the look on LeBron's face when Wade gets his 2nd finals mvp hahaha

If you think it will be anything other than joy you don't understand Lebron James at all.

EaglePride615
06-06-2011, 02:42 AM
as a heat fan i want wade to get the finals mvp. i just dont like all the lebron fans that arent heat fans at all and say lbj is the best player to ever pick up a basketball. its so ignorant

Raph12
06-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Like I said in the other thread, both Lebron and Wade are elite playmakers for both themselves and teammates, but Wade is much more effective off-ball. Wade spent the season playing more like a two-guard despite being used to handling the ball all the time prior to Lebron's arrival. Lebron isn't nearly as productive/efficient off-ball and it's showing in the Finals... Put the ball in his hands 24/7 like in Game 1, all of the season and the playoffs prior to Game 2 of the Finals, and Lebron will go back to what we're used to seeing from him.

Mrphilly
06-06-2011, 04:15 AM

He is going to be crushed after winning his first ring. The 2-time league MVP might kill himself if he is not awarded a trophy for being the best player in one series.

Only Lebron haters cares if he win the Finals MVP. If the heat wins this series, you idiots will just sound like fools when you are trying to find reasons to make yourself believe Lebron rode D Wades coat tail to a championship.

Evolution23
06-06-2011, 04:18 AM
stupid thread. nobody will ever be Jordan but don't downplay Lebron to the level of "Invisible"

naps
06-06-2011, 07:29 AM
:facepalm:

That's it? Come on! I want you to put some intelligent input there. Please come up with words for that post. When are the raptors becoming relevant again?

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 07:36 AM
definitely, why the hell would he be compared to jordan. if the heat were the bulls, wade would be jordan and lebron would be pippen. the finals says it all. if you can't see it, have your eyes checked.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 07:37 AM
again... the heat WON. Lebron is doing whathe needs to do to help the heat win.

Chris Webber and Kevin McHale said it best last night,

"Lebron James is Michael Jordan's talent, with Magic Johnson's mindset."

papipapsmanny
06-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Michael Jordan >> Lebron James in the playoffs period.

James has a while to go to even consider changing that statment

Antipod
06-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Wade will get his 2nd finals MVP if Miami wins.

this
/thread

jiggin
06-06-2011, 08:54 AM
they jumped the gun a little on that story...probably should have waited to run with it post FINALs...but it stirred the pot and got readers and attention. This is all the media is looking for, so...mission accomplished.

jiggin
06-06-2011, 08:55 AM
PS - James is young....so the verdict will be out for some time on this topic. It may come down to specific periods in their playing careers being compared...

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 09:01 AM
again... the heat WON. Lebron is doing whathe needs to do to help the heat win.

Chris Webber and Kevin McHale said it best last night,

"Lebron James is Michael Jordan's talent, with Magic Johnson's mindset."

you're right but the people are not arguing about lebron's talent but how he has fallen short of expectations. he's supposed to be the heat's main man, but it's very clear that the heat are better with the ball in wade's hands.

wade is supposed to be lebron's sidekick but he has made lebron his sidekick.

in a moment where james could claim the heat and move closer to mj (he claimed the bulls when he needed to), wade stole the spotlight making lebron somehow invisible. i didn't say that, just the thread title.
lebron might have mj's talent with magic's mindset like you claim but wade is definitely the main guy in miami. lebron is wade's pippen, that won't sound good if you're supposed to be the next mj.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 09:06 AM
you're right but the people are not arguing about lebron's talent but how he has fallen short of expectations. he's supposed to be the heat's main man, but it's very clear that the heat are better with the ball in wade's hands.

wade is supposed to be lebron's sidekick but he has made lebron his sidekick.

lebron might have mj's talent with magic's mindset like you claim but wade is definitely the main guy in miami. lebron is wade's pippen, that won't sound good if you're supposed to be the next mj.

Im sorry but this is false. Miami has been better with Wade at the helm for the last two games. The previous 11 games Lebron was the closer and was almost single handedly beating the Celts and Bulls...

This is what Lebron came to Miami for...b/c on the nights where he isn't feeling it he has a teammate that is nearly as good as he is to have his back.

koreancabbage
06-06-2011, 09:20 AM
i don't get it, people keep forgetting that Jason Kidd is playing defense on Wade. that is a HUGE mismatch. its a no brainer to go to Wade in moments like that. Kidd is a defensive liability.

lets not forget that Wade has also been here and is getting near 30 years of age. Lebron is 26.

media is so harsh on these two players. they will go whichever way the defense gives them. i would say co-mvps

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Im sorry but this is false. Miami has been better with Wade at the helm for the last two games. The previous 11 games Lebron was the closer and was almost single handedly beating the Celts and Bulls...

This is what Lebron came to Miami for...b/c on the nights where he isn't feeling it he has a teammate that is nearly as good as he is to have his back.

ok. MJ must've done the same. MJ playing well on the playoffs except the finals. pippen would played better than MJ in the finals. pippen is not MJ's sidekick, they were at the same level.

miller74
06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Just like Lebron said to the idiot reporter who brought it up, look at his defense. His his absolutely dominating. Derrick Rose was shut down by Lebron, now Jason Terry is going 0-4 in the 4th quarter, Lebron taking away Dirks only real help to score is very important to this series.

Sixerlover
06-06-2011, 09:33 AM
ok. MJ must've done the same. MJ playing well on the playoffs except the finals. pippen would played better than MJ in the finals. pippen is not MJ's sidekick, they were at the same level.

There is no MJ - Pippen comparison to be made. Neither of them is as good as Jordan and they are both better than Pippen.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 09:46 AM

They are not MJ-Pippen though... Wade/Lebron are both alpha dogs. They both have the killer instinct and the talent to win games. Instead of thinking MJ/Pippen... think KobeA/KobeB. It is very unlikely that you will catch both Wade and Lebron having a bad night... which is what makes Miami so good.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Really?? Did you not see the Boston and Chicago series?? Why you think they teamed up? It's difficult for one player to dominate 4 rounds of playoff basketball these days. They decided to team up so there careers can last longer for a reason.

D-Amazins
06-06-2011, 09:55 AM

:clap:

pacofunk64
06-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Lebron is the best player on the floor period. Who do you think the Mavs #1 gameplan to stop was for? It wasn't Wade or Bosh. Lebron was a cold blooded killer in the Bulls series. With Wade hurting the Mavs had to stop Lebron. Right now they have no answer for Wade but once they focus their attention to Wade then Lebron will step right up again. But that likely won't happen as I don't see the Mavs winning another game.

sO_cHi312
06-06-2011, 09:59 AM
LeBron did make some key passes but hey when your playing with a top 3 talent in the league, your job becomes a little easier.

ManRam
06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
The fact that he's not being a selfish player, the fact that he's not concerned with scoring 30 points or taking 20 shots to pad his stats, the fact that he's content playing the distributor role, because it's working, says a lot to me.

If he were a selfish egomaniac, he wouldn't be cool with Wade doing all the scoring. He just wants to win. Going to Miami involved sacrifices, and he's taking one now.

He hasn't been bad, not at all, he just isn't scoring a whole lot, nor is he really trying too.

The defense came out and focused on him, and still is. He gets doubled the quickest and the most frequently, and he's aware of it and making Dallas pay...but not jacking 25 shots to do so.

pippsux
06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
When Lebron left the Cavs to go join Wade in Miami, I was one of the NBA fans who thought it hurt his legacy. Also did not like the way he turned his decision into an event, but at the end of the day if Lebron James had said " I am taking my talents down to Htown" I would have jumped out of my seat and ran to my computer to buy his jersey, just like everyone one of you. This is basketball, not tennis.

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 10:06 AM
man ppl live in the momment holy crap...
its so back and forth.
"lebron came to miami to be wades sidekick"
"boston series shows this is wades team"
"i think we all saw that this is lebrons team after that bulls series"
"lebron is invisable"
ITS NO ONE MANS TEAM. Its wades AND lebrons team. there is no pippen here.

twoearl
06-06-2011, 10:07 AM
LOL. I am baffled by all this Lebron this, Lebron that talk. Do people not realize DWADE is an AMAZING MVP type player. THis guys is a top 5 player in the league for pete sakes! Did people really think Dwade was just going to start putting up 14 points a game and go sit down in the corner? The guy is sure fire hall of famer...

BigCityofDreams
06-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Who cares. I didn't care when Kobe went 6-24. As long as my team won, nothing else mattered. End this stupid thread.

You'll be surprised how many ppl hold that game 7 against him. I guess one game makes a career now lol

jiggin
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
You'll be surprised how many ppl hold that game 7 against him. I guess one game makes a career now lol

when you are talking about the elite, these things do matter. If you are comparing LBJ to Bryant to Jordan ect... those small clutch moments are sometimes the only thing that can separate them.

BigCityofDreams
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
when you are talking about the elite, these things do matter. If you are comparing LBJ to Bryant to Jordan ect... those small clutch moments are sometimes the only thing that can separate them.

True but it's one game....Jordan has had bad games. Wilt who was an unstoppable force has had bad games in the finals. It happens to everyone.

arkanian215
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqQCAuwu53c

BigCityofDreams
06-06-2011, 11:03 AM
LOL. I am baffled by all this Lebron this, Lebron that talk. Do people not realize DWADE is an AMAZING MVP type player. THis guys is a top 5 player in the league for pete sakes! Did people really think Dwade was just going to start putting up 14 points a game and go sit down in the corner? The guy is sure fire hall of famer...

I wonder where Wade will end up all time? There was a thread a couple of weeks ago and some ppl mentioned he could end up being the 3rd best SG of all time. I thought that was a little high but if he wins 2-3 more rings with 2 more MVP Finals...he is definitely on his way.

twoearl
06-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I wonder where Wade will end up all time? There was a thread a couple of weeks ago and some ppl mentioned he could end up being the 3rd best SG of all time. I thought that was a little high but if he wins 2-3 more rings with 2 more MVP Finals...he is definitely on his way.

Yeah. Wade is arguably the best SG in league. I don't get why everyone is should confused that he is dominating the series right now. This is what he does. Have we forgotten about 2006 already? lol

BigCityofDreams
06-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah. Wade is arguably the best SG in league. I don't get why everyone is should confused that he is dominating the series right now. This is what he does. Have we forgotten about 2006 already? lol

Lol yea everyone forgot because Lebron is a larger than life personality and he torched the Bulls. Wade kinda took a back seat. It was only a couple of weeks ago ppl were giving Lebron the Finals MVP.

RipCity32
06-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Wade deserves MVP

RaiderLakersA's
06-06-2011, 11:17 AM
So what have we learned?

LeBron is not Jordan. So what?

Jordan although oft touted by many of this generation is the GOAT, is not universally seen as the GOAT by those who came before...which means that at some level or another even Jordan never had a perfect game or series, or was the perfect leader or human being. So what?

At the end of the day, people, we need to start appreciating players for what they're doing now on the court. Not through the prism of envy or hate or "logical" historical comparisons (which are far from axiomatic truth), but through what he's doing now.

For all of the hate that LeBron gets, there isn't a single one of you who wouldn't want him on your team. That fact alone should give you reason to hold your tongue before commenting.

I'd gladly take LeBron's production in these Finals during any Finals that LA has ever participated in. Hell, add LeBron's 2011 Finals numbers back in 2008 when we played the Celts and the history changes.

For the love of sanity, let's end this obsession with who was, who is and who will be the GOAT. It's pointless.

jim51990
06-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Couldn't disagree more. I was watching the game with people who hate bron and we agreed it looked like wade is g

jim51990
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Couldn't disagree more. I was watching the game with people who hate bron and we agreed it looked like wade is gOing for MVP more then just trying to win while bron is just trying to do whats best to win like pass to open teammates while wade try's to go through double teams constantly even if it works it's not the right play

knickfan4life
06-06-2011, 11:27 AM
this thread is baiting 110%... lebron hit a BIG shot last night from 3 that helped them get that win late in the game....... i'm a knick fan... and i am a lebron hater as much as the next guy... but i dont lie about him to piss pple off... lebron is averaging 8 assists a game... along with 22 point... those r not role player numbers man... he is a beast and a half and i hope he loses LOOOL not baiting tho, no disrespect to the lebron fans... love wade, always thought he was better than lebron tho... if u look at my posts in the knicks forum even before "the decision" i wanted wade instead of lebron just because i felt wade has a much better jumpshot and is more clutch than lebron is

ManRam
06-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Couldn't disagree more. I was watching the game with people who hate bron and we agreed it looked like wade is gOing for MVP more then just trying to win while bron is just trying to do whats best to win like pass to open teammates while wade try's to go through double teams constantly even if it works it's not the right play

That's how I see it too.

If he was selfish and cared about personal accolades over team accolades, he wouldn't be shooting far less shots than Bosh and Wade. He was actively looking to get those two going all game long, and it worked. He just wants to win. I really doubt he gives a **** if Wade wins the Finals MVP over him...he certainly isn't playing like he does.

Amazing he gets criticized for winning games now.

omdigga
06-06-2011, 11:31 AM
That's how I see it too.

If he was selfish and cared about personal accolades over team accolades, he wouldn't be shooting far less shots than Bosh and Wade. He was actively looking to get those two going all game long, and it worked. He just wants to win. I really doubt he gives a **** if Wade wins the Finals MVP over him...he certainly isn't playing like he does.

Amazing he gets criticized for winning games now.

THIS..

his complete game is haunting him now.. lol.. the guy does everything and makes his team better in the process..

nickdymez
06-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Mr. Invisible averaging 20/7/9/2 steals
yup

You know how many players have shitted on those numbers in the finals? Very good numbers, not the g.o.a.t numbers...

Lo Porto
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
It's easy to see why LeBron isn't dominating:

#1 - Kidd can't handle Wade. Once Dallas double teamed Wade in the 4th, Miami struggled. Before the double teams came, Kidd got torched by Wade. If Gasol was killing a team and Kobe didn't get many touches, it doesn't mean that Kobe is "invisible".

#2 - Wade is forcing a lot. Even when Kidd actually stays in front of Wade, Wade still holds the ball until the last moment and tons of times leaves LeBron with a last second shot clock heave.

#3 - Wade is trying so hard to win this MVP. He's trying to be MJ and make LBJ Pippen. So far, it's working. But if you know anything about basketball, you'll realize that LBJ is facilitating more than Pip ever did and Wade is looking awesome because Kidd can't defend.

Me and Mr. T
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Sorry, but Kobe is still the best in the league.

faze38
06-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Actualy one man has gone out there and pulled Jordan like performances in the finals and his name is Dwayne Wade that is why I always said that Wade doesn't need Lebron it's the other way around! Wade with Bosh would win rings because Wade comes up big when it's finals time!

dayman
06-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Actualy one man has gone out there and pulled Jordan like performances in the finals and his name is Dwayne Wade that is why I always said that Wade doesn't need Lebron it's the other way around! Wade with Bosh would win rings because Wade comes up big when it's finals time!

Come on...really??:eyebrow:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-06-2011, 12:16 PM
watch lebron get 50 next game, but his team loses...what will people say then?

ballhog

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Sorry, but Kobe is still the best in the league.

sorry, but Wade has been the best SG in the NBA for about 2 years now

nickdymez
06-06-2011, 12:26 PM
lmao... Man.. Ive never seen a player in any sport receive as many excuses for his shortcomings as Lebron James.

Witness06
06-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Lebron is the best defender on the team and has shut down Jason Terry.
This is a TEAM game go with who's hot , Lebron had 4 assist in the fourth quarter and played great defense. The heat ALL TO A MAN say they win games on THE DEFENSIVE END. NOTICE MARION'S numbers were way down last night. Its called defense.
Lebron should be more assertive on offense at times but I think its the system they run and the lack of a true point gaurd.

As far as the Jordan comparisons go Lebron is only 26.....26 he could play 10 more years, stop comparing him to Jordan, when he isnt half way through his career yet.

Just two games ago Wade was looking terrible, let these guys play together for the next five years, I think all you HATERS will eat your words before its over.

BigCityofDreams
06-06-2011, 12:31 PM
lmao... Man.. Ive never seen a player in any sport receive as many excuses for his shortcomings as Lebron James.

Do you believe if it was another player they wouldn't get the same "excuses"

poleandreel
06-06-2011, 12:36 PM

i have. his name is kobe bryant.

JLynn943
06-06-2011, 12:40 PM

I've never seen a player get so many "shortcomings" made up about him. Seriously, the man can do no right.

LOOTERX9
06-06-2011, 12:46 PM
And this is why you don't go play on WADE's team in ****ing wade county. Lebron deserves what he gets. All he had to do is come to NY and win 1 or 2 titles as the lead guy and he would have been immortalized.. He is a dick head

shizzle09
06-06-2011, 12:49 PM
your just like that reporter that asked Lebron why he's dissappeared in the 4th quarter. You're just readin box scores and looking at nothing but offense. Clearly you think this game is NBA JAMS since defense doesnt matter at all. This isnt nintendo.

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
And this is why you don't go play on WADE's team in ****ing wade county. Lebron deserves what he gets. All he had to do is come to NY and win 1 or 2 titles as the lead guy and he would have been immortalized.. He is a dick head

lebron deserves what he gets? i agree. a 2-1 lead against the mavs and most likely a ring.
lol dick head huh?

Crackadalic
06-06-2011, 12:53 PM
People really need to stop comparing people to Mj

His Airness

Everyone else Nuff said

Crackadalic
06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Double Post

jockrider
06-06-2011, 01:04 PM

the chicago bulls would have been the next obvious choice.

sports4life1989
06-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Lebron is the best defender on the team and has shut down Jason Terry.
This is a TEAM game go with who's hot , Lebron had 4 assist in the fourth quarter and played great defense. The heat ALL TO A MAN say they win games on THE DEFENSIVE END. NOTICE MARION'S numbers were way down last night. Its called defense.
Lebron should be more assertive on offense at times but I think its the system they run and the lack of a true point gaurd.

As far as the Jordan comparisons go Lebron is only 26.....26 he could play 10 more years, stop comparing him to Jordan, when he isnt half way through his career yet.

Just two games ago Wade was looking terrible, let these guys play together for the next five years, I think all you HATERS will eat your words before its over.

Doubtful. You have to remember Lebron has been in the league since high school, and he has a lot of minutes put into him. So, even though he is still young he has wear and tear on his legs.

Big Zo
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM

Lol the Knicks were trying to bring all 3 of them over there too. Of course had this happened, LeBron would have won the Nobel prize, Wade would have been Time magazine's man of the year, and Bosh would be considered a better PF than Tim Duncan.

Tragedy
06-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Ding.

Guy will never be Michael Jordon.

LOOTERX9
06-06-2011, 02:11 PM
lebron deserves what he gets? i agree. a 2-1 lead against the mavs and most likely a ring.
lol dick head huh?

Lebron is riding D WADE this finals which is embarassing. He is LEBRON JAMES! Why is he deferring to WADE? LBJ is a sometimes player. Sometimes he is aggressive, and sometimes he is a *****. Lebron is Total mentally weak

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Who says Jordan was even the best ever?

Maybe he wants to be Bill Russell, the ultimate teammate.

Tragedy
06-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Lebron is riding D WADE this finals which is embarassing. He is LEBRON JAMES! Why is he deferring to WADE? LBJ is a sometimes player. Sometimes he is aggressive, and sometimes he is a *****. Lebron is Total mentally weak
Exactly. All the people that love LeBron try and compare him to Jordon. Jordon won SIX MVP's in the Finals. 6 appearances, 6 MVP's. He never rode anyone's *** to a title. LeBron is. And hey, good for LeBron - He's probably going to be a Champion after this year. But to me and many of the fans of the game, he'll never be anything close to Michael Jordon as long as he can't create his own legacy.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:13 PM

And Dwade rode Lebron's accomplishments in the Playoffs all the way to another Finals.

You've obviously got an axe to grind. Anti-Dwade sig, anti-lebron sentiment.

Getting old, haters. 2 wins away.

AddiX
06-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Bron was too happy tom get rid of the ball in the 4th quarter.

Wade should be allowed to wear one ring for himself and the other ring for bron too.

Now we see why bron went to Miami so his daddy could take care of him. Wade flat out said, follow me, bron is my pippen, im the one who will take you to the promise land.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Bron was too happy tom get rid of the ball in the 4th quarter.

Wade should be allowed to wear one ring for himself and the other ring for bron too.

Now we see why bron went to Miami so his daddy could take care of him. Wade flat out said, follow me, bron is my pippen, im the one who will take you to the promise land.

cry moar, irrelevant new york fan.

JordansBulls
06-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Who says Jordan was even the best ever?

Maybe he wants to be Bill Russell, the ultimate teammate.

Well when you go to a team with the league mvp, the ROY when you are a rookie as well and have 3 allstars on the team and you aren't even an allstar then it is very easy to win.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Well when you go to a team with the league mvp, the ROY when you are a rookie as well and have 3 allstars on the team and you aren't even an allstar then it is very easy to win.

We could break down all the issues with comparing 50s and 60s basketball to now. But lets just let sleeping dogs be.

ATX
06-06-2011, 02:33 PM

What you and many haters fail to realize is that James deferring to Wade is playing smart TEAM basketball. Wade is playing at a Finals MVP level (& I hope Wade wins that award), of course LeBron as a multi talented player (Not just a scorer), should keep feeding the HOT hand, and playing lock down defense. He has become a great distributor when needed, and by not trying to force something and take the game over by himself, he is showing he is about winning above all else, including personal glory. Winning is all that truly matters, and you can criticize him all you want, but it doesn't make it true. You said it Looter, sometimes he's aggressive, sometimes he's not...That's called being a smart versatile player. A player willing to be whatever role is needed in a possession, to ensure the greatest chance of success. Sometimes that's him, sometimes not. That's part of the beauty of having Wade with him. Haters always find something to hate, but no one's going to care about the incessant whining of haters once he starts winning titles.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:35 PM
I bet Dirk wishes he had a team that could help him out.

Chronz
06-06-2011, 02:35 PM
I was thinking about this the other day, it seems like they take turns depending on matchups and momentum, the last 2 rounds and this Finals the 2 have been alternating but that Philly series seems like a toss up. I would give the edge to whoever faced the most defensive pressure, most teams try to take away Wade but I seem to recall Iggy guarding Bron for most of the series, but he spent alot of time on Wade too.

Personally I think Wade attracts more team attention while Bron faces the superior athlete 1 on 1. Iggy(1/2), Pierce, Deng, Marion. Compared to Iggy(1/2), Ray, Bogans/Korver/Brewer, Kidd/JET.

Offensively Wade is getting more done with his minutes, but Bron is anchoring the D for full games and setting the table offensively.

Overall Bron has been their playoff MVP

SportsAndrew25
06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
He is averaging 20.3 Points and he is invisible? I am not even rooting for Lebron, but this is a joke. Wade's average is not that much higher. He has 24.6 PPG.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:38 PM
The hate is amazing. So so amazing. Imagine if we win this series? Man.

DARTH LEBRON.

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
The hate is amazing. So so amazing. Imagine if we win this series? Man.

DARTH LEBRON.

In about a week, this place will be crazy

JordansBulls
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
He is averaging 20.3 Points and he is invisible? I am not even rooting for Lebron, but this is a joke. Wade's average is not that much higher. He has 24.6 PPG.

http://www.nba.com/heat/stats/2010/nba_finals_stats.html

SteBO
06-06-2011, 02:41 PM
This makes no sense considering he willed us in the ECF against the Bulls. Mentally weak beings couldn't do what he did not just this year, but his entire career. If going to NY changes your current feel towards him, then it just shows your double standard.

justinnum1
wade is playing at an MJ level right now, instead if *****ing about lebron, sit back and appreciate what wade is doing. Lebron will have a bunch of rings at the end of his career and will go down as an all time great.

AddiX
cry moar, irrelevant new york fan.

How is giving wade props for carry g the team crying, and how does being a knick fan have a ytning to do with it?

Keep making up excuses, irrelevant NBA fan. Why you even in a NBA forum, you know damn well you just started watching basketball because of the heat.

ATX
06-06-2011, 02:43 PM

Wade is averaging right at 29 ppg in the Finals.

G1-22, G2-36, G3-29

To your point, I agree, to say he's invisible is ridiculous.

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 02:43 PM

riding D.Wade? im pretty sure lebron is the reason were in the finals.
wade played pretty bad against the bulls while lebron was doing work, remember? or do u just block out anything lebron does that doesnt feed into your "lebron sucks" mindstate?

twoearl
06-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Honestly only an uneducated Basketball fan would say Bron is invisible. It's pretty obvious they are double teaming him every time he gets the rock. And that Dwade has the better match up going against a 56 year old J Kidd. And since when did 17 and 9assit = invisible?

Just because a guy dosen't have 5 tip dunks, a game winning three and a behind the back pass dosen't mean he is invisible. This is not NBA 2k this is real basketball. It's much deeper than just scoring....

LOOTERX9
06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
wade played pretty bad against the bulls while lebron was doing work, remember? or do u just block out anything lebron does that doesnt feed into your "lebron sucks" mindstate?

But lebron can't let Wade just take over the finals and get screamed on by wade for not being aggressive. You have to admit that the nba finals is not the time to shrink and defer on this big stage. Epic fail for Lebron so far

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 02:59 PM
How is giving wade props for carry g the team crying, and how does being a knick fan have a ytning to do with it?

Keep making up excuses, irrelevant NBA fan. Why you even in a NBA forum, you know damn well you just started watching basketball because of the heat.

I've lived in Miami my whole life, and began watching basketball with my hometown team, the Heat. So yes, I'm watching basketball thanks to to Heat.

And your post wasn't a pro-Wade sentiment, it was an anti-Lebron one.

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 02:59 PM
But lebron can't let Wade just take over the finals and get screamed on by wade for not being aggressive. You have to admit that the nba finals is not the time to shrink and defer on this big stage. Epic fail for Lebron so far

If thats how you see it:shrug: I see lebron and the heat 2 games from being the champions and it doesn;t look like anything is stopping that.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 03:01 PM
If thats how you see it:shrug: I see lebron and the heat 2 games from being the champions and it doesn;t look like anything is stopping that.

Let the Haters hate dude, we'll be celebrating at La Carreta on Bird.

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 03:01 PM

just like he said to the reporter. watch him on defense then comeback with a better post.
lebron is helping his team win, hes not trying to just be the number 1 scorer on the floor, hell for that he could of stayed in cleveland

AddiX
06-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I've lived in Miami my whole life, and began watching basketball with my hometown team, the Heat. So yes, I'm watching basketball thanks to to Heat.

And your post wasn't a pro-Wade sentiment, it was an anti-Lebron one.

You can defend bron all you want, but the rest of the world saw wade say for the first time give me the ball, I'm the go to guy.

You don't need a translator to realize what he's saying. And bron knows it, that's why he got out the way and gave the ball up.

Ps, a lot of people lved in Miami there whole life, it sure as heck doesn't make them real sports fans of there hometown teams. Especially in that town.

AddiX
06-06-2011, 03:18 PM
just like he said to the reporter. watch him on defense then comeback with a better post.
lebron is helping his team win, hes not trying to just be the number 1 scorer on the floor, hell for that he could of stayed in cleveland

No is saying he's nit helping them win, but he's becoming pippen right now. And when you call yourself king, and are compared to Jordan, most people see that was failure.

If things continue the way they are, this will be wades ring. Not brons...

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 03:19 PM
You can defend bron all you want, but the rest of the world saw wade say for the first time give me the ball, I'm the go to guy.

You don't need a translator to realize what he's saying. And bron knows it, that's why he got out the way and gave the ball up.

Ps, a lot of people lved in Miami there whole life, it sure as heck doesn't make them real sports fans of there hometown teams. Especially in that town.

Your arguments seem to be based on nothing but your biased assumptions. Both about Lebron and myself.

Cry moar, irrelevant new york fan.

Where has the Mavericks perimeter shooting gone I wonder?....Maybe Lebron knows.

MalZee24
06-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Wade scores more because Lebron sees the Mavericks' best defenders. Also, Wade was in a vibe so Lebron stepped back and played the role of the distributer. He had 9 assists last night and found Bosh for the open jumper that ended up winning the game. He's still averaging around 20 pts with a good 7 or so assists. He's also playing incredible defense on the other end. How is he invisible? He's not. It's all about team game. Wade and Lebron could care less who's doing the scoring. They're both putting up 20+ a game and they just want to win the ship. It doesn't matter who's doing more. Wade is scoring more while Lebron is doing the all-around game more.

AddiX
06-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Your arguments seem to be based on nothing but your biased assumptions. Both about Lebron and myself.

Cry moar, irrelevant new york fan.

Where has the Mavericks perimeter shooting gone I wonder?....Maybe Lebron knows.

How come I don't see any of you "die hard" Miami fans in the dolphins thread?

Oh yeah, your only fans when your winning. SMH:facepalm:

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Let the Haters hate dude, we'll be celebrating at La Carreta on Bird.

:nod::hi5:

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 03:28 PM
How come I don't see any of you "die hard" Miami fans in the dolphins thread?

Oh yeah, your only fans when your winning. SMH:facepalm:

How am I supposed to know? I watch basketball.

It's also a mistake in logic to assume because they aren't taking part in a vocal minority on a sports forum, that the fans don't exist. The Dolphins have tons of fans all over the country, not just limited to Miami. But then again, football is a bad example. Tons of teams have fans all over from the 60s and 70s.

The most supported team in this town after the Heat is probably the Marlins. The organization sells off every piece of talent they get, but the fans are there. Hopefully when their park opens next season we'll have another perennial championship contender :P. Marlins scouting is the best in the league.

MalZee24
06-06-2011, 03:29 PM

that's clearly what he's doing, along with most other lebron haters/laker fans

ReedBoshMarleau
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
LeBron is a better player then Jordan already...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
LeBron is a better player then Jordan already...

I should report this post:facepalm:

mikealike305
06-06-2011, 03:50 PM
No is saying he's nit helping them win, but he's becoming pippen right now. And when you call yourself king, and are compared to Jordan, most people see that was failure.

If things continue the way they are, this will be wades ring. Not brons...

look, a lot of ppl here seem to forget.... THERE IS NO PIPPEN ON THIS TEAM!
plan and simple. mj and pippen are retired and batman and robin are comicbook superheros
all there is, is wade and lebron.
comparing them to jordan and pippen is apples and oranges guys, so can we stop doing it?
in the duo of jordan and pippen, jordan was the clear favorite, and it was clear who the team belonged to.
well, we dont have this in miami, its not clear cut.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 03:52 PM
"Tom Haberstroh: In 4th quarter in the Finals, LeBron, as the primary defender, has allowed 5 points on 2-8 shooting. Terry is 0-for-5."

Dallas had shooters, Lebron is taking them to school.

LakersKB24
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Invisible might be a little exaggerated. Still I have to agree to some extend, because he definitely isn't as dominating as he usually is during the regular season. That's probably the point the OP wanted to make, It doesn't mean he plays bad, it's just weird that his PPG average went down in the Finals.
So far he's clearly been Wade's Robin.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Invisible might be a little exaggerated. Still I have to agree to some extend, because he definitely isn't as dominating as he usually is during the regular season. That's probably the point the OP wanted to make, It doesn't mean he plays bad, it's just weird that his PPG average went down in the Finals.
So far he's clearly been Wade's Robin.

It's Batman and Superman, not Batman & Robin.

Wade was quiet most of the playoffs, while Lebron was destroying. People want the moment to always be on Lebron to deliver the game winner, which is completely unfair. People were looking for the same from Dirk last night, sometimes it pays to have a teammate you can rely on.

pacman16
06-06-2011, 04:17 PM
pretty sure Lebrons the emotional leader of this team, Lebron went off in the first couple rounds while Wade is delivering more now... that's the beauty of this team, ride who's hot at the offensive end, ALSO Wade has what 29 points last game? also took i think 7 or 8 more shots than Lebron who finished with 17.... stop with these stupid hater threads, just enjoy the great finals

showtym24
06-06-2011, 04:28 PM

If someone ever will perform to Jordan's level in the NBA Finals, he has yet to play in the NBA.Shaq 00-02.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't think LeBron's performance takes away from him. I just think it shows how great Wade is and D Wade clearly has Dallas' number. LeBron is the most versatile superstar ever. He can be MJ one night, Magic the next. Who said he's playing poorly? Did you not see his 9 assists last night including a beautiful behind the back dime to set Bosh up for the GW? People think too much about scoring. LeBron cn do it all. And what's impressive is his willingness to defer to Wade at times. LBJ is clearly the MVP of this team. He was the MVP in the regular season, he was MVP against Boston and he was MVP against Chicago when Wade truly disappeared. LeBron hasn't disappeared in these Finals. He's just playing a different role. Still very important. He's setting up teammates and playing all world defense. So what if Wade outscores him for a couple of games. The goal is to win a title. Period. Kobe and Shaq could have used a page from this book. Look for Miami to win this year and many more.

Jaji
06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Funny how this is all the haters have left to talk about. Trying to stir something up where there is nothing. You think LeBron cares if you call him Robin (for 1 series :laugh2:)? He's about to win an NBA championship. The bottom line is Miami has 2 different players who are capable of completely dominating a series. Sounds like a good problem for me (unless one of those guys is Kobe).

Sixerlover
06-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Basically. It went from Miami will NEVER win a title (pre season) to Miami wont get 50 wins (mid season) to Miami is a 2nd round knockout at best (pre playoffs) to Miami won't beat Chicago (mid playoffs) to Lebron won't get Finals MVP. It's a constant Heat / Lebron bash. I'm no Heat fan but Lebron has been my favorite player for years, and it's pretty funny watching this all unfold. Post playoffs it will either be Lebron won't get ANY finals MVP's or Miami won't win ANY more titles :laugh2:

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Basically. It went from Miami will NEVER win a title (pre season) to Miami wont get 50 wins (mid season) to Miami is a 2nd round knockout at best (pre playoffs) to Miami won't beat Chicago (mid playoffs) to Lebron won't get Finals MVP. It's a constant Heat / Lebron bash. I'm no Heat fan but Lebron has been my favorite player for years, and it's pretty funny watching this all unfold. Post playoffs it will either be Lebron won't get ANY finals MVP's or Miami won't win ANY more titles :laugh2:

And next week it will probably be...

"Lebron and the Heat won't repeat"

JB0B0
06-06-2011, 06:28 PM
LeBron will never make as much money as MJ nor will he have the top selling shoe brand in America.

JB0B0
06-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Can you tell I'm a hater? :P

mlisica19
06-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Michael Jordan never left Chicago, in his prime, to join forces with Charles Barkely or Patrick Ewing or John Stockton. Most important piece of info to never over look, even if Jordan joined forces with one of the other greats of all time, he would have never allowed himself to be second fiddle in any series.

Several radio talk shows and articles all mentioned the fact that he basically blended in with the role players and bench guys last night. Same goes for the other two games, especially in crunch time. Dwayne Wade is taking over and no one is realizing this because LeBron James' is BIGGER. Dwayne is making all the defensive stops, he is making all the clutch shots, he is given the ball with a minute left, and he is the man they look up to on both sides of the ball when they need a leader most. LeBron James needed a 3 pointer last night to close out the game, he missed.

It looks as though LeBron left Clevland, not because they couldnt find some him some help but because they could not find him a guy to take over with 2 minutes left who can handle the pressure.

You cant compare players by who can do what... its what they have and how they use it. Theres no doubt in my mind, James can probably jump higher... James has more assists, James gets more rebounds. but its simple as this... THAT WAS NOT JORDANS ROLE. Lebron James is all flashy, where as Jordan is all fire. Look at the eyes of Jordan in the last 2 minutes of a close game and see James. You see what Rocky use to call, the eye of the tiger... the inspirational determination to be the best at all costs and at all times.

The reason James has more assists because hes a small forward whose down low more and has the capability for more grabs.

Jordan was not capable of always defending the big guys, but that never stopped him from dominating both sides of the ball. A 5x NBA FINALS MVP.

Lets face it... When you want to WIN... you pick Jordan. Lets also not go without saying that the league in the 80's and 90's was a MUCH more competitive league and a much tougher defensive league. Allowing for more fouls to not be called than this wimpy decade. Jordan dominated what may be the toughest generation of Basketball ever.

James has the skill and talent to be the best. He truly does, he has the height and the strength and the speed and the athgletiscm. Yet what has he done with it it? Hes a very immature basketball player. He is still a child. Jordan was also a child until a great coach came in and matured him to be the greatest there ever was. *Jordan also has a MUCH higher Free Throw percentage (much), a better FG percentage. Better steals, same blocks (and thats for a SG over a SF).

*** The only reason Scottie Pippen says LeBron is better is because Scottie doesnt rate Michael Jordan as highly as we do. He played with and against him for years... he was able to see all his weaknesses, he competed with him for years.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I love the people living in the past. I guess you better though, cause the future belongs to the HEAT.

If only Dan Gilbert was putting scottie pippens around Lebron while he was still over there. Instead he got Delonte West. LOL.

mlisica19
06-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Even if the Heat win this year... will it be LeBron holding up the Finals MVP? Will It be James getting inteviewed first after they win? Whose gonna get most of the questions, or the first question? Dwayne Wade is having an epic series right now and he deserves it on defense and offense. Where is Dwayne Wade talks about his comparison with the greats? We forget it because hes not AS flashy as LeBron is. We pay attention more to LeBron even when hes invisible in a series because his name is the biggest there is now.

You wanna compare James to Jordan. Jordan is a 9x NBA defensive 1st team, James is 3x. The record is 9 set by 3 others. Jordan also played on a SG position, a much more competeive position in the league than SF or PF. Center being the highest. Jordan won 6 championships, 2x back to back to backs. Every championship was never decided by a GM 7, he won every FInals MVP and he never let it go to a game 7.

Now i feel James will probably beat Jordan in NBa FIrst teams as he only needs 5 more to tie him but like i said earlier. The 80's and 90's were much more competitive. How many players now will replace the top 50 greatest of all time? Dwight Howard probably, Steve Nash is older now but probably, Shaq was old by the time James came in so doesnt count. Lets face it... every body had a LEGEND back in the 80's and 90's and it cant be beat... CANT

Jordan dominated the best era in basketball we will ever see, James needs to gain the eye of the tiger first befeore you can say he is one of the best

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 06:45 PM
The 80s and the 90s are more competitive than now? How in the world do you figure that?

It's much more difficult to be successful now it would seem. More players, more teams, more competition, better conditioning/better sports science, more scrutiny via media

Jaji
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Michael Jordan never left Chicago, in his prime, to join forces with Charles Barkely or Patrick Ewing or John Stockton. Most important piece of info to never over look, even if Jordan joined forces with one of the other greats of all time, he would have never allowed himself to be second fiddle in any series.

Several radio talk shows and articles all mentioned the fact that he basically blended in with the role players and bench guys last night. Same goes for the other two games, especially in crunch time. Dwayne Wade is taking over and no one is realizing this because LeBron James' is BIGGER. Dwayne is making all the defensive stops, he is making all the clutch shots, he is given the ball with a minute left, and he is the man they look up to on both sides of the ball when they need a leader most. LeBron James needed a 3 pointer last night to close out the game, he missed.

It looks as though LeBron left Clevland, not because they couldnt find some him some help but because they could not find him a guy to take over with 2 minutes left who can handle the pressure.

You cant compare players by who can do what... its what they have and how they use it. Theres no doubt in my mind, James can probably jump higher... James has more assists, James gets more rebounds. but its simple as this... THAT WAS NOT JORDANS ROLE. Lebron James is all flashy, where as Jordan is all fire. Look at the eyes of Jordan in the last 2 minutes of a close game and see James. You see what Rocky use to call, the eye of the tiger... the inspirational determination to be the best at all costs and at all times.

The reason James has more assists because hes a small forward whose down low more and has the capability for more grabs.

Jordan was not capable of always defending the big guys, but that never stopped him from dominating both sides of the ball. A 5x NBA FINALS MVP.

Lets face it... When you want to WIN... you pick Jordan. Lets also not go without saying that the league in the 80's and 90's was a MUCH more competitive league and a much tougher defensive league. Allowing for more fouls to not be called than this wimpy decade. Jordan dominated what may be the toughest generation of Basketball ever.

James has the skill and talent to be the best. He truly does, he has the height and the strength and the speed and the athgletiscm. Yet what has he done with it it? Hes a very immature basketball player. He is still a child. Jordan was also a child until a great coach came in and matured him to be the greatest there ever was. *Jordan also has a MUCH higher Free Throw percentage (much), a better FG percentage. Better steals, same blocks (and thats for a SG over a SF).

*** The only reason Scottie Pippen says LeBron is better is because Scottie doesnt rate Michael Jordan as highly as we do. He played with and against him for years... he was able to see all his weaknesses, he competed with him for years.

Did you watch rounds 2 and 3? Or the first 82 games of the year? How about the last 8 years? Gimme a break.

LeBron doesn't want to be Jordan. Why would anyone want to be someone else? LeBron will leave his own legacy. Scottie said it best: best player to ever play the game. Did you notice who set Bosh up for his wide open game winner last night? It was the guy who drew a double team them threw an amazing behind the back pass. That's called making a PLAY. Jordan may have scored (or threw up another last second air ball, which we've seen) but LeBron was going to make the PLAY, regardless.

LeBron was MJ the last 2 series. He's morphed into Magic this series. He can do it all. 50 points is not that far out of the ordinary for him. Neither is 15 boards. Need 15 assists? That's not a problem either. How about shutting down a lightning quick MVP PG? No sweat. No one impacts an entire game the way LeBron does. 94'x50', position 1-5, no one impacts the game like LeBron.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Hate, cry, and yell all you want. The HEAT is on.

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't think LeBron's performance takes away from him. I just think it shows how great Wade is and D Wade clearly has Dallas' number. LeBron is the most versatile superstar ever. He can be MJ one night, Magic the next. Who said he's playing poorly? Did you not see his 9 assists last night including a beautiful behind the back dime to set Bosh up for the GW? People think too much about scoring. LeBron cn do it all. And what's impressive is his willingness to defer to Wade at times. LBJ is clearly the MVP of this team. He was the MVP in the regular season, he was MVP against Boston and he was MVP against Chicago when Wade truly disappeared. LeBron hasn't disappeared in these Finals. He's just playing a different role. Still very important. He's setting up teammates and playing all world defense. So what if Wade outscores him for a couple of games. The goal is to win a title. Period. Kobe and Shaq could have used a page from this book. Look for Miami to win this year and many more.
:nod: wade is amazing

Jaji
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Even if the Heat win this year... will it be LeBron holding up the Finals MVP? Will It be James getting inteviewed first after they win? Whose gonna get most of the questions, or the first question? Dwayne Wade is having an epic series right now and he deserves it on defense and offense. Where is Dwayne Wade talks about his comparison with the greats? We forget it because hes not AS flashy as LeBron is. We pay attention more to LeBron even when hes invisible in a series because his name is the biggest there is now.

You wanna compare James to Jordan. Jordan is a 9x NBA defensive 1st team, James is 3x. The record is 9 set by 3 others. Jordan also played on a SG position, a much more competeive position in the league than SF or PF. Center being the highest. Jordan won 6 championships, 2x back to back to backs. Every championship was never decided by a GM 7, he won every FInals MVP and he never let it go to a game 7.

Now i feel James will probably beat Jordan in NBa FIrst teams as he only needs 5 more to tie him but like i said earlier. The 80's and 90's were much more competitive. How many players now will replace the top 50 greatest of all time? Dwight Howard probably, Steve Nash is older now but probably, Shaq was old by the time James came in so doesnt count. Lets face it... every body had a LEGEND back in the 80's and 90's and it cant be beat... CANT

Jordan dominated the best era in basketball we will ever see, James needs to gain the eye of the tiger first befeore you can say he is one of the best

Your entire 1st paragraph is irrelevant. The goal is to win a championship. Period. LeBron has done plenty to help this team and there is no way they'd even be here without LeBron. Did you forget D Wade hasn't been out of the 1st round since 06? You can't win Finals MVP if you don't get out of the 1st round. Wade is a great player, no doubt about it. But Miami has 2 superstars. LeBron has done plenty of damage in these playoffs. Wade was nearly nonexistent against Chicago, missing dunks, getting yammed on, etc. So what? That's why they have 2 guys. 2 ways to hurt you. Pick your poison. Miami doesn't care. If they did, they never would have teamed up.

Will LeBron ever match Jordan's legacy? That's hard to say. But legacy doesn't determine who the better player is. Is Bill Russell better than Wilt? Jordan is obviously a great player and no one is trying to take anything away from him. But LeBron can seemingly do more. LeBron can score 50 points, that's not a problem. He could have forced a shot last night at the end. Instead, he made a brilliant pass to Bosh for the win. So in essence, he made the game winning play, while Bosh made the game winning shot.

justinnum1
06-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Hate, cry, and yell all you want. The HEAT is on.

yep

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Haters just make being a Heat fan all the more enjoyable. If only they realized.

Wade>You
06-06-2011, 07:01 PM
It's great that outsiders take such an active interest in our team. :)

Yanks All Day
06-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Defense is the least appreciated part of basketball, obviously. Ask Jason Terry how invisible LeBron James has been. Bet he'd have a different answer for you.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Lebron is gonna force Terry to remove that tattoo.

KW93KB24
06-06-2011, 08:47 PM
lebron does go invisible in 4th quarter so far in these finals. (offensively, not Defensively)

9 points the last 3 games? c'mon man you've got to have more than 3 points in the 4th quarter.

lebron missing that wide open shot last game from the three pointer. I don't care if wade was hot or not, you're a ****ing superstar, considered the best player in the nba and according to scottie pippen might be better than jordan, you are supposed to take over in the 4th and be aggressive. Yeah lebron gave wade those assist and everything, but dwyane wade is knocking those shots down and wade's getting open on those screens and creating a shot for himself, all lebron was doing was giving it to the wide open guy. It's not like lebron was driving in and making the D collapse and then kick it out, he wasn't creating those assist. If you watched the game, it was all wade coming off screens and lebron giving him the ball, i could of done that **** too.

Sixerlover
06-06-2011, 08:53 PM

Hush up, your reaching with this post. Who's going to get more post game questions?? How about this one WHO CARES :laugh2:

A ring is a ring. And Lebron is 2 wins away from ring #1

And to answer your other awkward question Tim Duncan, Shaq and Kobe all are at least top 3 all time at their position. And players like Nash, Kidd, Garnett could all be top 10 all time at their position. While players like Howard, Paul, Williams, Durant, Melo etc are building impressive all time resumes. All Lebron's competition since he came into the league. Stop with that the league is weak stuff.

Sixerlover
06-06-2011, 08:56 PM
lebron does go invisible in 4th quarter so far in these finals. (offensively, not Defensively)

9 points the last 3 games? c'mon man you've got to have more than 3 points in the 4th quarter.

lebron missing that wide open shot last game from the three pointer. I don't care if wade was hot or not, you're a ****ing superstar, considered the best player in the nba and according to scottie pippen might be better than jordan, you are supposed to take over in the 4th and be aggressive. Yeah lebron gave wade those assist and everything, but dwyane wade is knocking those shots down and wade's getting open on those screens and creating a shot for himself, all lebron was doing was giving it to the wide open guy. It's not like lebron was driving in and making the D collapse and then kick it out, he wasn't creating those assist. If you watched the game, it was all wade coming off screens and lebron giving him the ball, i could of done that **** too.
You definitely could have.

KW93KB24
06-06-2011, 08:58 PM
honestly lebron is just a stat freak, but he does not have that killer instinct, he doesn't smell the blood, he isn't clutch at all. I don't want to hear about the last 2 rounds ********, for godsake this is the ****ing finals. please average more than 3 points in the last quarter, wade is not always going to be superman in the 4th quarter. Lebron isn't clutch in the 4th and this is why i still take wade and kobe over lebron. Just because these two guys have that killer instinct.

KW93KB24
06-06-2011, 09:02 PM
You definitely could have.

is that the only thing you're going to point out? you're and idiot. if you watched the game last night, lebron was standing around with the ball waiting for wade to get open and giving him the ball, is that so hard for anyone to do? most ****ing players in the nba can do that. My point is that lebron didn't get those guys open, he didn't attack the rim and make the D collapse and then dish it out. instead he just sat there dribble, dribble, dribble, oh wade is coming off a screen, then pass. If lebron did attack the hole and made the D collapse on him like he always does and then dish the ball out then i would have no problem with it. He wasn't creating those assist last game like he usually does which is attracting a double team or attacking the rim then dishing it out. It was wade getting open by himself then lebron just tossing the ball to him.

SeoulBeatz
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Lebron is having a very good series, but the OP has a bit of a point.

Wade is obviously the MAN on the heat and it will stay that way.

I wasn't fond of Lebron's decision to join the heat for this exact reason. If he wanted to be the greatest of all time (which he obviously does) he should have stayed with the Cavs and built his own legend in his hometown. That would have been awesome IMO because he could've singlehandedly put Cleveland on the map. He meant so much to that city and that roster had so much chemistry, but I feel he took the easy way out.

He even admits that the heat gave him the best chance to win. If that doesn't mean the "easy way out" i dont know what does.

He will never look right in a heat uniform to me, and that's his own choosing.

I actually feel bad for Wade because he will never be mentioned as being better than Lebron even though I believe Wade is more talented and more clutch, but Lebron will always get the hype, while Wade is often overlooked.

I can understand, Lebron wanted to win championships, I get that. But he should've stayed in his hometown IMO. Joining the heat has changed everyones perspective of him and if you can't see that then your lying to yourself. The aura just isn't there anymore with "the King".

I really hope Wade gets his due though when it's all said and done. He is unreal.

Sixerlover
06-06-2011, 09:18 PM
is that the only thing you're going to point out? you're and idiot. if you watched the game last night, lebron was standing around with the ball waiting for wade to get open and giving him the ball, is that so hard for anyone to do? most ****ing players in the nba can do that. My point is that lebron didn't get those guys open, he didn't attack the rim and make the D collapse and then dish it out. instead he just sat there dribble, dribble, dribble, oh wade is coming off a screen, then pass. If lebron did attack the hole and made the D collapse on him like he always does and then dish the ball out then i would have no problem with it. He wasn't creating those assist last game like he usually does which is attracting a double team or attacking the rim then dishing it out. It was wade getting open by himself then lebron just tossing the ball to him.

So he didn't get those guys open, didn't attack the rim, didn't collapse the defense, and just stood there, stuff any NBA player could do?? Man, that guy sucks!

TheRunKiller
06-06-2011, 09:24 PM
at the end of the games the best player in the world is standing in the corner and just watching wade make a play. he needs to move around he just looks scared, like he wants nothing to do with shooting or making any kinda plays at the end of games.

jockrider
06-06-2011, 09:39 PM

a lot of fans are mad he didn't join their team.

Afridi786
06-06-2011, 09:42 PM
This is the whole reason Lebron went to Miami, isn't it, he didn't like the fact that he had to be the one making big shots to win games. That being said, his presence on the defensive end is underrated, major reason they made it this far.

jockrider
06-06-2011, 09:45 PM
honestly lebron is just a stat freak, but he does not have that killer instinct, he doesn't smell the blood, he isn't clutch at all. I don't want to hear about the last 2 rounds ********, for godsake this is the ****ing finals. please average more than 3 points in the last quarter, wade is not always going to be superman in the 4th quarter. Lebron isn't clutch in the 4th and this is why i still take wade and kobe over lebron. Just because these two guys have that killer instinct.

kobe is passed his prime he isn't even top 5 anymore durant,rose,bron,wade,dirk, are much better options at this point.

mlisica19
06-06-2011, 09:57 PM
I love the people living in the past. I guess you better though, cause the future belongs to the HEAT.

If only Dan Gilbert was putting scottie pippens around Lebron while he was still over there. Instead he got Delonte West. LOL.

It takes time to build a team around a superstar. Jordan was drafted in 1984... Pippen was drafted 3 years later then traded by a STEAL. Its not that easy to do what Chicago did by trading for Scottie Pippen. Pippen was hardly anybody in College and started with very poor stats. 20 minutes per game is quite good for a rookie but his stats were not.

Jordan mentored the young guy by playing 1 on 1 after practices every week... I didnt see James take that kind of leadership role, i did see him on ESPN trying to do useless and absurd (yet jaw dropping) dunks and no look shots.

The Bulls were still beaten with an Amazing coach and 2 all stars plenty of times. It took Jordan 6 years... but he fought hard for it. He bled and sweat for 6 years to finally win one. He was a man who if failed, would learn from it and succeed. No one should say that Jordan had no help... but you never once saw him leave his team (even after 6 years of sweeps by a stacked Boston team and defeats by the defensive tough guy Pistons) to join Ewing or Barkley or whoever. The leader and winner that he was made sure his legacy was forced by him. Pippen didnt lead the Bulls to those championships, 23 led them on both sides of the ball all year long, every year.

James leaves in 7 years Cleveland. He goes on ESPN to inform the world he is leaving his home to go play with the team that just re-signed a top 5 player in Wade and a top 10 big man in Bosh. It was not about $, but about him needing help. He practically admitted that he needed a superstar to take away the pressure he had. And now look, James is not even in the shadows of Wade but he is just blending in with the rest of the players. In the NBA finals he is acting like a role player. Jordan is no role player, he does not blend in with the rest of the team. If its a game that needs to be won, that game will for ever witness greatness with #23 doing whatever it takes to win.

If I form a team, Im taking Jordan over LeBron any day. A better defensive player, a better scorer, a better leader and a better winner.

If Jordan was in LeBrons shoes last summer, he would have signed an extension and spent more time in the gym and the training room. He would not have had a concert showboating the 3 new superstars Miami just bought and talk about how many championships they will win. And as he was training and improving his game every day he would eventually found himself with a better surrounding team. You dont think Cavs would have eventually drafted someone excellent? They got lucky enough to have 2 in the top 5 for the draft this year... not saying that they would have had that with james but cmon!

Stuckey#3
06-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Lebron is slowly becoming the greatest second option of all time...
Which I am good with.
Wade has the heart and mentality to be compared to Jordan and Kobe; which can be seen in these Finals.
Lebron can even be considered top 10-20 all time; but is proving that it is rediculous to compare him to the greats.

Mrphilly
06-06-2011, 10:00 PM

So let me get this right, you are saying Lebron is not clutch at all except for the times when he was clutch. Other than that, he is not clutch at all????

Put Kid and Terry on Lebron and let Marion stick Wade. Im sure Lebron and Wades rolsl would be reversed. Why wouldnt the Heat not exploit that match up.

Its simple basketball, attack their weakness.

If Lebron was invisible, I must have magic eyes, because I seen him the entire game.

BigAl25
06-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Get off Lebrons u know what....hater indeed

mlisica19
06-06-2011, 10:04 PM
This is the whole reason Lebron went to Miami, isn't it, he didn't like the fact that he had to be the one making big shots to win games. That being said, his presence on the defensive end is underrated, major reason they made it this far.

Underrated? Nooo, overshadowed... Wade is the leader on this team. He is the main reason why this team is in the position they are in right now. Amazing offensive plays, and inspirational defensive stops. A hustler on the defensive end forcing the experienced Jason Kidd to forfeit the ball. Another reason why Jordan is better. He was never overshadowed, even with the talent you say was around him all those years.

samus
06-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Lebron made little mistakes in game 3 and put up an efficient game as he has done for series, wade has just got it going.

Most people bag LeBron because deep down we just hate all the new fans who come up in here who spout how good Lebron is and patronizing Wade.

Mrphilly
06-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Which I am good with.
Wade has the heart and mentality to be compared to Jordan and Kobe; which can be seen in these Finals.
Lebron can even be considered top 10-20 all time; but is proving that it is rediculous to compare him to the greats.

With Lebron's skill set, he can be any option he wants. How many players do you know, if they are not scoring, they can just run the offense like Magic or Stockton??? Lebron makes the game easy for Wade.

Does anybody remember any other of Wades playoff runs besides 2006????

mlisica19
06-06-2011, 10:13 PM
So let me get this right, you are saying Lebron is not clutch at all except for the times when he was clutch. Other than that, he is not clutch at all????

Put Kid and Terry on Lebron and let Marion stick Wade. Im sure Lebron and Wades rolsl would be reversed. Why wouldnt the Heat not exploit that match up.

Its simple basketball, attack their weakness.

If Lebron was invisible, I must have magic eyes, because I seen him the entire game.

If you can see LeBron James in this game, then your obviously not watching the game properly. Its a much more enjoyable game when you watch the guy whose actually doing something productive.

Several... meaning nearly 7 ( I would say 6) radio stations today, on both ESPNnewyork, and New York Sports Radio were talking about the game last night. And HOWWWWWW Lebron James just blended in with the rest of the role players as Wade is looking like the 2005 NBA finals MVP he was.

They said this is probably the reaosn why he came to Miami, so the weight on his shoulders during these clutch moments could be taken off of him and onto some one else like Wade or Bosh. This case it proves Wade.

He cant hit a clutch shot, and a clutch shot does not include a fade away half court shot before half time. He cant close out a game, nor can his team. Jordan would have never let that happen in such a crucial game. Sorry for another Jordan Comparison... I am done with them on these small notes simply because HES NO JORDAN. Done

But yea... even the pro analysts are saying how James is invisible in the 4th or hows hes just blending in with the role players.

mlisica19
06-06-2011, 10:17 PM
With Lebron's skill set, he can be any option he wants. How many players do you know, if they are not scoring, they can just run the offense like Magic or Stockton??? Lebron makes the game easy for Wade.

Sorry but Wade was very injury proned...

And i am sorry just because LeBron can make a flashy pass does not make him a passer like Magic or Stockton. Do not compare his playmaking to any of the greats of all time... Miami is afraid to give him the ball to control in the 4th qtr... hense why Wade did everything last game. EVERYTHING... defense and offense. And its not about what you could do, but how you do it. Other wise Jason Kidd should be considered a top 5 player of all time since in his prime he was one of the greatest passers of all time, a phenomonal shooter and an immense defender.

BigCityofDreams
06-06-2011, 10:31 PM
kobe is passed his prime he isn't even top 5 anymore durant,rose,bron,wade,dirk, are much better options at this point.

He'll prove everyone wrong this upcoming season.

Stuckey#3
06-06-2011, 10:33 PM

Umm... last year when he almost took down the Boston Celtics single handedly?

No Jamison, no Shaq, no Mo Williams... nothing.

You remember the images of him shouting into his hand because it is on fire. They play it in NBA commercials all the time.

jockrider
06-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Which I am good with.

in your imo yes but right now if the heat win the title lebron still has more credentials and better resume than wade. i don't even know how measure these intangibles are you saying bron is a heartless ******?

KW93KB24
06-06-2011, 11:03 PM

what does this have anything to do with? he single handedly won the finals for his team that year. Lebron's had great playoff runs, but how many championships does he have? i always forget.

KW93KB24
06-06-2011, 11:10 PM
So he didn't get those guys open, didn't attack the rim, didn't collapse the defense, and just stood there, stuff any NBA player could do?? Man, that guy sucks!

wow man it's like talking to a brick wall with you. you guys keep saying lebron wasn't invisible blah blah blah, 17 points, 3 reb, 9 assist, and 4 TO's. these numbers are not good at all and the assists are very overlooked, people make it seem lebron got those guys open which he didn't. That's why he looks invisible in the 4th quarter these whole finals. And to the part i bolded in your post, yes lebron just stood there, didn't get those guys open, didn't attack the rim, and didn't collapse the defense and kick it out in the 4th quarter. Yes he did not do this in the 4th quarter, if you honestly believe he did this then you were probably playing nba 2k11 or didn't watch the game.

9 points in three games in the 4th quarter, enough said man. If everyone wants to make it seem like lebron is the best player in the league then he has to average more than 3 points in the 4th quarter. Yes his defensive is stellar and yes he played great D in the 4th, but other than that lebron did look afraid and invisible on the offensive side of the floor. Lebron looks like he does not want to have any part of the offense during crunch time. I honestly don't why you guys just accept the fact that lebron is not clutch. He is a beat, monster, incredible, he is ****ing hella good, but he is not clutch. Lebron fans just need to accept the fact that he isn't clutch.

Mrphilly
06-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Umm... last year when he almost took down the Boston Celtics single handedly?

No Jamison, no Shaq, no Mo Williams... nothing.

You remember the images of him shouting into his hand because it is on fire. They play it in NBA commercials all the time.

Oh yeah, I do remember that. I think it was game 4 and the Heat were down 3-0 in the first round. They were eliminated the very next game.

Almost doesnt count!!!!

mdm692
06-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Wade says hello.

And seriously, are you mad? LeBron has had an incredible impact without having to dominate solely scoring.

nash says hello, eh!!

IF bron wants to be in the mj/kobe talk he has to dominate scoring wise and taking/making all the big shots. Which is why wade>>bron

KW93KB24
06-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Oh yeah, I do remember that. I think it was game 4 and the Heat were down 3-0 in the first round. They were eliminated the very next game.

Almost doesnt count!!!!

yeah i remember that also, kinda like how lebron got swept by the spurs, and kinda like how he quit against boston last year and kinda like his team having the number 1 seed two consecutive years back to back and not even making it to the finals. kinda like that right? I do remember wade single handedly bring his team back against dallas in 06 and averaging 34 points a game that year, i remember that, but i can never remember lebron doing that.

KW93KB24
06-06-2011, 11:33 PM
you guys just need to admit lebron is not clutch offensively in the 4th quarter, i give lebron everything else, but not the clutch factor.

LA_Raiders
Sidekick

Mrphilly
what does this have anything to do with? he single handedly won the finals for his team that year. Lebron's had great playoff runs, but how many championships does he have? i always forget.

according to you, D. Wade is this Superhero, but it obvious Lebron's Presence is making the game easy for Wade. He is already a great player, and with Lebron out there Facilitating, the game is too easy.

Without Lebron(or Shaq) D. Wade is a first round exit waiting to happen. Everybody needs help. For all Wades Greatness, he needs Lebron just as much as Lebron needs him.

Mrphilly
06-06-2011, 11:42 PM
yeah i remember that also, kinda like how lebron got swept by the spurs, and kinda like how he quit against boston last year and kinda like his team having the number 1 seed two consecutive years back to back and not even making it to the finals. kinda like that right? I do remember wade single handedly bring his team back against dallas in 06 and averaging 34 points a game that year, i remember that, but i can never remember lebron doing that.

That was the Finals, not the first round. Consecutive #1 seeds with the worst teammates in history. Your Boston series statement is an opinion. To counter that, I can say the Refs stole that series from the Mavs, since we are going on opinions.

So after you win a ring, You dont have to make it to the Playoffs or get out the first round in the future? Obviously not, because you only bring up 2006.

The Flash
06-06-2011, 11:44 PM
you guys just need to admit lebron is not clutch offensively in the 4th quarter, i give lebron everything else, but not the clutch factor.

I guess you cant see the Wade-Kidd matchup and why they're going to wade

ldawg
06-06-2011, 11:51 PM

I guess it is only about points to NY fans. How did that work out for you.sound like pippen to me. Its not wHat you could do but what you did. Lakers are a good team they have the tools to tree peat but they did not, Derick and the Bull could beat the Heat but they did not, Pippen lebron could be a better player than Jordan but he is not, Jordon could have one more than six rings if he did not walk away twice while on top but he did not, he won six, Kobe and Shaq could have won more had they stayed together etc,etc,etc...We all could but you don't get strips for could. When things get hot the real MVP of this team rise and lead his troops and Lebron could have done that if needed.

KW93KB24
06-07-2011, 12:20 AM
according to you, D. Wade is this Superhero, but it obvious Lebron's Presence is making the game easy for Wade. He is already a great player, and with Lebron out there Facilitating, the game is too easy.

Without Lebron(or Shaq) D. Wade is a first round exit waiting to happen. Everybody needs help. For all Wades Greatness, he needs Lebron just as much as Lebron needs him.

wow im going to stop talking to you after this post dude. just stick to the vikes and football. so shaq made it easy for wade to average 34 points in the finals? lebron made it easier for wade to hit crucial shots in the 4th quarter?

lebron facilitating? by standing and waiting for wade to get open by himself? tell me how many times did lebron get wade open in game 3? it was all wade getting open and lebron giving him the ball that's it. Lebron didn't force any double teams and kick it out to wade, he didn't make the D collapse on him and kick it out to wade, all he did was stand and wait for wade to get open and then give him the ball in the 4th quarter. stop being a homer and just admit lebron is not clutch. He isn't and if you think otherwise then you're just a fool. And for your bolded part, i can't believe you really posted that. What was shaq without wade, and kobe? how many rings did he have? what was lebron with shaq and having the number 1 overall seed consecutive years back to back along with homecourt? i'll tell you what; early playoff exits. when wade's heat team was good what happened? he became the leader of that team and single handedly won miami a chip that year. lebron is the number 2 guy not number 1. just accept this and move on from your life.

KW93KB24
06-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I guess you cant see the Wade-Kidd matchup and why they're going to wade

really? you really think kidd is a bad defender? :facepalm: i saw kidd on lebron a couple of times in the 4th and what did lebron do? pass it to his daddy wade. stop with that bs of kidd on wade, if it's really that bad dallas would of made changes to it.

ShiroRX
06-07-2011, 12:43 AM
really? you really think kidd is a bad defender? :facepalm: i saw kidd on lebron a couple of times in the 4th and what did lebron do? pass it to his daddy wade. stop with that bs of kidd on wade, if it's really that bad dallas would of made changes to it.

Do you wanna compare Kidd's defense to Shawn Marion? You must have missed the other 2 guys guarding Lebron btw.

ldawg
06-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Mega stars aint supposed to be second fiddle period uless injured or old. Most super stars can join a star stub team with no problem because they are not over hyped. What people don't get is Lebron is the most hyped bball player aka Magic Jordan fuse together, He is better than Jordan, Best player to ever play the game, etc. Wade has been a better Player than Lebron for years but the hype around Lebron was to thick for some to notice. Wade is Banged up and Getting older so in time after Lebron get schooled by Wade will know how to win and Wade will let him lead like he did most of the Year. So don't act like Lebron is so great, one think is clear he aint no Jordan. Jordan was never in question who was the back bone and leader of the bulls. He was the Main reason Why everytime. Yes he had help but who don't.

Jaji
06-07-2011, 07:39 AM

:facepalm: You obviously missed the point of that post. Wade and the Heat have not been out of the 1st round since 06. In other words: he hasn't made any runs at all. And without LeBron taking over the Boston series and Chicago series (where Wade might as well have been Cleveland), Wade wouldn't have the opportunity he is having now.

Ask LeBron and D Wade how they feel about it. I'm sure they're ecstatic because they're about to win a title. Miami can beat you in many different ways. The Mavs obviously have no answer for Wade but you think LeBron should not pass to Wade just to prove to you that he's Jordan? :laugh:

FYI: LeBron doesn't care to be Jordan. He's LeBron James. His is a household name itself. And I doubt very seriously he cares what you think about him being someone he doesn't want to be in the first place. Stick to the facts because I doubt you can find 3 people who care about your opinion.

Jaji
06-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Mega stars aint supposed to be second fiddle period uless injured or old. Most super stars can join a star stub team with no problem because they are not over hyped. What people don't get is Lebron is the most hyped bball player aka Magic Jordan fuse together, He is better than Jordan, Best player to ever play the game, etc. Wade has been a better Player than Lebron for years but the hype around Lebron was to thick for some to notice. Wade is Banged up and Getting older so in time after Lebron get schooled by Wade will know how to win and Wade will let him lead like he did most of the Year. So don't act like Lebron is so great, one think is clear he aint no Jordan. Jordan was never in question who was the back bone and leader of the bulls. He was the Main reason Why everytime. Yes he had help but who don't.

The Heat couldn't get out of the 1st round for the last 4 years. Now they have LeBron and they're back in the Finals. And because of 3 good games, Wade is now the man on this 2010-2011 Heat team? What about the first 82 games and the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, in particular the last 2, especially the ECF? None of that matters?

FAIL.

Jaji
06-07-2011, 07:44 AM

Translation: "Damn it looks like the Heat actually will win the Finals. Oh yeah?..... Well..... Dwyane Wade is better than LeBron James!"

Okay guy :rolleyes:.

jockrider
06-07-2011, 08:50 AM
nash says hello, eh!!

IF bron wants to be in the mj/kobe talk he has to dominate scoring wise and taking/making all the big shots. Which is why wade>>bron

?

bron isn't kobe or mj why should be compared to them their games are soo different.

wade being better than bron is laughable really its obvious who the all around better player is.

jockrider
06-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Translation: "Damn it looks like the Heat actually will win the Finals. Oh yeah?..... Well..... Dwyane Wade is better than LeBron James!"

Okay guy :rolleyes:.

+1

i swear some of these guys have a fiery hate for lebron, some fans hate him because he didn't join their team, and others just don't want to face the fact that their superstar(kobe) is getting old isn't a top5 nba player anymore and that bron might surpass him alltime it eats them inside so they have to underrate him.

SteBO
06-07-2011, 08:54 AM

Wade has the better matchup with Kidd. LeBron is being guarded by Shawn Marion, who is the better defender, and is athletic and long. Wade is being guarded by Kidd, who's shorter and is not as strong as Wade. It's not difficult to understand. You just sound like you really hate LeBron. That's all it is.

Sixerlover
06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
wow man it's like talking to a brick wall with you. you guys keep saying lebron wasn't invisible blah blah blah, 17 points, 3 reb, 9 assist, and 4 TO's. these numbers are not good at all and the assists are very overlooked, people make it seem lebron got those guys open which he didn't. That's why he looks invisible in the 4th quarter these whole finals. And to the part i bolded in your post, yes lebron just stood there, didn't get those guys open, didn't attack the rim, and didn't collapse the defense and kick it out in the 4th quarter. Yes he did not do this in the 4th quarter, if you honestly believe he did this then you were probably playing nba 2k11 or didn't watch the game.

9 points in three games in the 4th quarter, enough said man. If everyone wants to make it seem like lebron is the best player in the league then he has to average more than 3 points in the 4th quarter. Yes his defensive is stellar and yes he played great D in the 4th, but other than that lebron did look afraid and invisible on the offensive side of the floor. Lebron looks like he does not want to have any part of the offense during crunch time. I honestly don't why you guys just accept the fact that lebron is not clutch. He is a beat, monster, incredible, he is ****ing hella good, but he is not clutch. Lebron fans just need to accept the fact that he isn't clutch.

jtsunami
06-07-2011, 04:44 PM

:laugh:

Says the Knick fan.

ChicagoJ
06-07-2011, 04:49 PM
I think some people miss how the heat can use their assets. When Wade got shut down by the bulls defense in their series with the heat, bosch made up for it. If LeBron doesn't dominate at times in this series Wade has turned it on. I really don't think the heat need all 3 guys having huge games to win.

They seem like a very focused team right now, using their defense to keep it close and looking for 1-2 of the big 3 to hit shots in the final minutes of the games. I still don't think they are much better as a team than the celtics/bulls/mavs, but they can close games out better than everyone due to their offensive options.

Keep it close with defense and then look to one of their star players take it over to close the game out. That's where they are getting it done.

KW93KB24
06-07-2011, 10:33 PM

dude im not trying to be a dick, but you're an idiot man. I'm not even going to respond to your post anymore.

koreancabbage
06-07-2011, 11:48 PM
wow James has disappeared in these finals for sure.

ChitownBears22
06-07-2011, 11:50 PM
I have no idea why he is being so passive. This is getting stupid. I am sorry but I would rather him shoot 30% on open shots than 30% only taking 11 shots with 4 of them being shotclock shots. It is the effing finals take over.

jp611
06-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Lebron can't handle the spotlight

ChitownBears22
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
No he is just making passes which is odd. Go watch the Cubs lose again.

JB0B0
06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
lebron needs to show up if miami's going to win. that's two straight bad performances from the "king." wade looks like more of a king imo

Raph12
06-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Lebron is being too unselfish, he refused to take a shot in the last 5mins, he got the ball and just continued to pass...

ChitownBears22
06-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah it is stupid. I mean he is passing up makeable shots to let Miller shoot 30/70 shots.

tredigs
06-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Lebron is being too unselfish, he refused to take a shot in the last 5mins, he got the ball and just continued to pass...

Agreed, and Wade was gassing at the end of this one. It's on him to step it up more here. Far too complacent on the attack. Odd, really.

SportsAndrew25
06-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Lebron disappeared tonight for real.

SportsAndrew25
06-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Lebron can't handle the spotlightGood point. He choked tonight.

BALLER R
06-08-2011, 12:01 AM

is that too unselfish or afraid to take the big shots?...i think lebron cares too much about what other people think about him. And it seems like wade is the leader of that team cause hes barking at players when they screw up. so if lebron screws up then he might not want wade to be barking at him. thats just something i noticed

Lake_Show2416
06-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Good point. He choked tonight.

:laugh2: you have to attempt & fail to choke, he just didnt play

Sadds The Gr8
06-08-2011, 12:03 AM
yup he choked tonight. period.

showtym24
06-08-2011, 12:04 AM
He doesnt have the killer instinct of a MJ, kobe, wade ect. But he has been average threw out all the quarters. He cant handle this stage. Pretty strange.

Raph12
Agreed, and Wade was gassing at the end of this one. It's on him to step it up more here. Far too complacent on the attack. Odd, really.

I told you Wade was unguardable in this series vs anyone (including Marion), unfortunately he didn't get help from Lebron or Bosh down the stretch and didn't have enough left to continue to dominate... That block on Tyson and finish on the other end was just :drool:

Stuckey#3
:laugh2: you have to attempt & fail to choke, he just didnt play

I am having flashbacks of last years ECF...

He's lucky he has Flash to carry him this year.

SportsAndrew25
:laugh2: you have to attempt & fail to choke, he just didnt play:laugh: Your sig is hilarious.

Stuckey#3
06-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Hey... maybe Z is banging Bron's mom.

KW93KB24
06-08-2011, 12:06 AM
done done done and done, these MJ and kobe comparisions need to stop NOW after this game. Lebron is a beast the first 3 quarters, but the man looks like a child that's scared of the dark in the 4th quarter. Lebron is not the best player in the NBA, i think D-Wade is the best and have thought that for a while now. Lebron was truly invisible this game. I wonder what fans' excuses for lebron james will be now.