PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the Finals are being refereed?

beasted86
06-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Because I believe this will be a game to game trend with people complaining after every game, I'd just like to know what everyone thinks.

Just as the title & poll asks, how do you feel the referees have called each game, and the series in general?

kjoke
06-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Slightly favored for the mavs, but oh well, we are up 2-1

daleja424
06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
come on...no need for this...

this is asking for hatred.

beasted86
06-05-2011, 11:20 PM
come on...no need for this...

this is asking for hatred.

I don't see how?

Everyone can give their opinion here. Either game to game or the series.

I just feel like after every game there are too many people complaining from both sides & third parties.

MrfadeawayJB
06-05-2011, 11:22 PM
So far i would say pretty evenly. But i can't even lie, Dallas got some calls in game 3 tonight.

hugepatsfan
06-05-2011, 11:23 PM
I hate how they officiate by make up calls. I'm talking more in general than this series in particular. I'd rather see a well officiated game throughout than them favoring one team for a bit then switching. If you miss a call, you miss a call. I hate make up calls. Just call what you see. If you make a mistake, you make a mistake. Chances are you'll make another one later to even it out so you don't have to intentionally "even the score."

jetsforever
06-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Game 1: Seemed like it was in Heat's favor at time.
Game 2: Didn't really notice anything worth complaining about for either side.
Game 3: Highly in favor of the Mavs. Bad calls often

Wade>You
06-05-2011, 11:24 PM
This series is over as soon as (if) Miami starts getting calls and Dallas doesn't. I'll leave it at that.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-05-2011, 11:24 PM
I would say it has been pretty even so far. Dallas certainly got some call tonight, but I suppose we got a few calls earlier in the series. Overall, the calls almost always even out and the refs are usually fair.

Duddy
06-05-2011, 11:25 PM
In b4 lock. But answering ur question, games 1 and 2 were good officiated. Game 3 was horrible, totally against the Heat. 27 fouls against us and only 14 fouls against Dallas despite the Heat being more aggressive is bs

PatsSoxKnicks
06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I think overall the series has been officiated fine. I have no problems. However, let's be honest here: most people hate the Heat and since they are winning the series, you'll find the majority of votes being for the officials favoring the Heat, not because its true but because everyone hates the Heat and they need an excuse rather then giving the Heat credit. Sadly, most posters are not able to remain objective.

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 11:29 PM

I really don't think anyone benefits from complaining but if I had to rate the officiating, I would go with this. This pretty much sums it up...

theheatles
06-05-2011, 11:29 PM
1st 2 games seemed relatively fair, but tonight was highly in favor of the mavs, i'm actually stunned the heat won...with about 2 minutes left i didn't think the heat had a chance, i figured dirk would just get to the line and close it out...the 2 times dirk was sent to the line off the loose ball fouls made me sick to my stomach

koreancabbage
06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
i say fairly. i.e. Heat gets the majority of the calls at home whie Dallas gets the majority at home. it very polar but at least its fairly distributed in a pattern

LA_Raiders
06-05-2011, 11:32 PM
no different from what we are used to... This is Sterns cheating monopoly...

It is a business, I'm getting used to it... Just hoping for the Law to lay they arm over the NBA, with steroids, and fix games and trades...

NYtilIdie
06-05-2011, 11:34 PM
So far i would say pretty evenly. But i can't even lie, Dallas got some calls in game 3 tonight.

This.

marlinsfan24
06-05-2011, 11:34 PM

Sums up my thoughts.

Khri
06-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Dallas and it's not even close and tonight game show it... the haters voting for the Heat are pathetic .

iggypop123
06-05-2011, 11:37 PM
click on page 1 out of 2. look at avatar. look at sig. shake my head.

TO Rapz
06-05-2011, 11:39 PM
This should end well..

AntiG
06-05-2011, 11:39 PM
certainly a lot more fair than last year.

JamaicanYouth
06-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Game 1-Miami
Game 2-No one
Game 3-Miami until the fourth quarter(lets not for get mario chalmers backcourt vio.that shouldnt have counted would have been a different game)

FriedTofuz
06-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I'd say things seem fair, I dont see many significant complains about calls.

mikealike305
06-05-2011, 11:44 PM
First two games where fair, mavs got some calls tonight tho

JamaicanYouth
06-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Dallas and it's not even close and tonight game show it... the haters voting for the Heat are pathetic .

Come on dude dallas got calls for 1 quarter an all of a sudden dallas gets all the calls in the series smh people got short memories

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Game 1-Miami
Game 2-No one
Game 3-Miami until the fourth quarter(lets not for get mario chalmers backcourt vio.that shouldnt have counted would have been a different game)

:laugh:

Public Enemy #1
06-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Game 1 and 2 were officiated fairly. This game was the total opposite. Mavs got all these weird calls, screwed the tempo of the game and gave Dallas some questionable calls that didn't seem to be fouls at all.

gotoHcarolina52
06-05-2011, 11:49 PM
- The jump-shooting team shoots 27 free throws
- The team with LeBron and Wade shoots 15
- Eight loose ball fouls called against Miami

Refs favored Dallas by a mile tonight.

NBA_Starter
06-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Calls more favorable for Dallas to keep them close.

Ebbs
06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Honestly the officiating had been bad. But it's been both ways so I'm not to upset. There were calls in both games 1 and 2 that seemed to favor the Heat. But we easily got the calls in our favor tonight.

I mean it's ****** redding but if it's going both ways what can you say.

gotoHcarolina52
06-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Honestly the officiating had been bad. But it's been both ways so I'm not to upset. There were calls in both games 1 and 2 that seemed to favor the Heat. But we easily got the calls in our favor tonight.

I mean it's ****** redding but if it's going both ways what can you say.

Yes you did

NetsPaint
06-05-2011, 11:56 PM
I'd say pretty fair, and they're also letting them play. Neither got an advantage tonight I don't think. Mavs might have had a touch foul or two, the Heat did as well, and the Heat didn't get called for a couple of walks. The Finals have been very enjoyable, and maybe this is why.

Ebbs
06-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Yes you did

Way to only acknowledge part of the post.

Also shame on you, you got the win. Enjoy it and show some class.

Heater4life
06-05-2011, 11:59 PM
The series has been in the Mavs favor imo, but thats only one facet to the game. Tonight i thought its was most noticible, but the Heat pulled through. Thats what the game is about. Will. regardless of calls.

Teeboy1487
06-06-2011, 12:08 AM
I thought the series has been officiated fine except Game 3. Just an absolute painful game to watch. I borderline hate the Heat but I started to actually root for them because I hate refs. They played their hearts out but the refs kept Dallas in the game.

SteBO
06-06-2011, 12:09 AM
I think games one and two evened out in the end, but it was still bad imo. Tonight was just laughable. I hope it improves as the series goes on. This is becoming a great series and I hope it doesn't get overshadowed by officiating.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Way to only acknowledge part of the post.

Also shame on you, you got the win. Enjoy it and show some class.

Agreed. It is Heat "fans" like gotohcarolina among a few others that give the majority of the fan base a bad rep. For the most part, this series has been balanced officiating wise. Yes there were calls in favor of Dallas this game, but besides from maybe two or three they were all close enough to be possibly called a foul. I am looking forward to game 4. This series is far from over.

Lakers + Giants
06-06-2011, 12:15 AM
why even make this thread. Mavs fans will say heat are getting the calls and heat fans will say Mavs are getting the calls. IMO the officiating hasn't been bad at all.

Sergio1984
06-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Miami had the refs on their side games 1-2 obviously being at home. Dallas had the calls in their favor tonight. I was actually surprised how many calls Dallas got in their favor tonight seeing how Miami has been favored by the refs throughout the playoffs.

beasted86
06-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Agreed. It is Heat "fans" like gotohcarolina among a few others that give the majority of the fan base a bad rep. For the most part, this series has been balanced officiating wise and I am looking forward to game 4. This series is far from over.

+1

... already on ignore list for some months now.

beasted86
06-06-2011, 12:17 AM
why even make this thread. Mavs fans will say heat are getting the calls and heat fans will say Mavs are getting the calls. IMO the officiating hasn't been bad at all.

I am a Heat fan, go look how I voted.

All results don't follow your logic.

marlinsfan24
06-06-2011, 12:18 AM
I am a Heat fan, go look how I voted.

All results don't follow your logic.

x2. Games 1 and 2 were pretty fair. Tonights game was pretty bad, but Heat won so I won't complain.

Dallas Tx4Life
06-06-2011, 12:19 AM
The favoritism towards the Mavs in tonights game was blatant and just plain ridiculous.. Games 1 & 2 were pretty fair but tonight was just awful... Especially how it was Dirk they were putting on the line every time.

gotoHcarolina52
06-06-2011, 12:22 AM
The favoritism towards the Mavs in tonights game was blatant and just plain ridiculous.. Games 1 & 2 were pretty fair but tonight was just awful... Especially how it was Dirk they were putting on the line every time.

This. Eight loose ball fouls against Miami. LOL. What a joke.

packers12to88
06-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Even except for tonight

gotoHcarolina52
06-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Even except for tonight

Indeed.

mmmmcheeeese
06-06-2011, 12:31 AM
game 1 was favored miami, but there were not any calls that were horrible
game 3 was clearly favoring dallas. those calls were ridiculous

king james
06-06-2011, 12:40 AM
I have to say that at 1st when I seen this thread I was like "oh no". Cuz I thought it was going to be both teams fans arguing back and forth. But I have to say that I am proud that for the most part everyone has stated their opinion without any baiting or anything else. Way to go fellas lets continue to keep this CLASSY.

ShiroRX
06-06-2011, 12:41 AM
that last loose ball foul on haslem was hilarious.

good thing we won.

Wade>You
06-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Miami had 44pts in the paint to the Mavs 20.

Dallas dominated the FT line (27 to 15) and foul disparity (14 to 27).

Dallas also shot more 3pters.

Dallas should have won this game, the officiating has clearly been on their side, but the Miami HEAT are just the better team.

http://www.nba.com/games/20110605/MIADAL/gameinfo.html

gotoHcarolina52
06-06-2011, 12:53 AM
game 1 was favored miami, but there were not any calls that were horrible
game 3 was clearly favoring dallas. those calls were ridiculous

Many calls against the HEAT were clearly fouls, but, yeah, some were just laughably ridiculous.

Wade>You
06-06-2011, 01:03 AM
At the end of the day, Bosh/Wade/LBJ do not get the same calls they did in their respective teams. David Stern even addressed the sore losers crying that the they refuse to watch the NBA:

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/10/30/david-stern-supports-lebron-james-decision-to-move-to-heat/

"These roster changes in Miami have certainly occasioned a fair amount of publicity and it's kind of fun to watch all the speculation and the combination of 'mail the trophy to Miami' or not, 'play the season' or not, etc. But it's a great game and we always play the season and it always has interesting results.

In other words, I'm gonna screw them over just so you think every team has a chance to beat them and continue to watch the NBA. Did it work?

12evolution 9
06-06-2011, 02:50 AM
game 3 had refs on dallas's side for sure

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2011, 02:52 AM
in favour of the cheat

daleja424
06-06-2011, 08:00 AM
The first two games were close from a fouls standpoint (20-21, 17-20)...

Then all of the sudden game 3 Dallad gets nearly twice as many foul calls as Miami (27-14)... despite the fact that Miami was by far more agressive attacking the basket

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 08:06 AM
basically this thread will just come down to which team has more fans. considering james wade and bosh are on the heat. doesn't take a genius to see that the votes will favor the heat regardless of how the refs are calling the games.

and i haven't seen a fan happy with the refs when the opposing team scores, gets a call, or wins the game --- that is even if it's the correct call. just how it works, you won't really see your favorite team's flaws.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 08:14 AM
...except that even some of the haters have admitted that the Mavs got the majority of the calls in that game...

mttwlsn16
06-06-2011, 08:26 AM
im not a heat fan, or a mavs fan
pulling for dallas only bc i want to see kidd/dirk get a ring

ref's have been very good imo

lobster
06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
These finals are being called like every other BBall game. The more you flop the more you prosper!!!! The sport itself is a joke!!!!!!!! Basketball-refs have huge influence on game.
Hockey-players decide the game

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 08:53 AM
...except that even some of the haters have admitted that the Mavs got the majority of the calls in that game...

who told you this? a heat fan?

it's exactly the same thing i would say to somehow show i'm unbiased.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 08:55 AM
go read the gamethread. Poster after poster said, "Man I hate the HEAT, but they got the **** end of calls tonight," or "Wow, the HEAt actually arent getting the calls tonight...shocker."

ne3xchamps
06-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I really don't care anymore. the mavs got alot of calls in game 3, from what I've heard. But that's just stern's way of trying to prolong this series to 7 games. More ratings=more money for that fat money hungry whore.

To be honest, I haven't watched but 10 minutes of the finals. That is because I hate the heat and I would rather rip my eyes out of my head then see those douche bags win.
Even if the series goes 7, heat will win because they are a better stern wants his big payday from nike. With saying that unless the new cba changes drastically, I'm probably all done with the NBA.

ne3xchamps
06-06-2011, 09:03 AM
These finals are being called like every other BBall game. The more you flop the more you prosper!!!! The sport itself is a joke!!!!!!!! Basketball-refs have huge influence on game.
Hockey-players decide the game

+1. Basketball is the only sport where bad or no calls can have massive influences on the game. Maybe the NFL, but at least they have challenges if the refs ****ed up a call.

PhillyFaninLA
06-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Most NBA games are reffed exactly the same.

- Superstars get calls.
- Hot heads get more penalties.
- Home team gets more calls then road teams.

This is just how it works in the NBA and has ever since I can remember.

mjt20mik
06-06-2011, 09:09 AM

This. I am rooting for the Mavs, but game three was ridiculous.

Fnom11
06-06-2011, 09:13 AM
How was Fiba/Olympics reffed compared to the NBA?

m26555
06-06-2011, 09:50 AM
There have been bad calls on both sides, but I think you'd have to be absolutely blind to think the officiating hasn't been favoring Miami (especially considering Chalmers' buzzer-beater three should not have even counted last night and that Dallas is up 2-1 right now if the right call was made).

Nevertheless, the players decide the games; not the refs. The Heat are up 2-1, and that's all there is to it. The Mavericks had plenty of opportunities to win the game last night, but they didn't capitalize on them.

m26555
06-06-2011, 09:52 AM
that last loose ball foul on haslem was hilarious.

good thing we won.
The loose ball foul on Dallas when Haslem simply fell on his own earlier was also hilarious.

SteBO
06-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Game 3 was badly officiated. The refs were clearly favoring the Mavs at every junction last night. People want to point Chalmers' three not counting, but what Kidd's travel on the foul he drew from Wade on that three-point attempt? Or the loose ball on UD that was posted above? Good thing Miami overcame the horrendus bs and won the game. Overall though, the series has been called evenly. Games 1 and 2 were fine to me because things evened out in the end. I just wish they'd call a consistent game instead of favoring a team one half, and the other team the next half. It just takes away from games, especially a series as good as this one.

Rivera
06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
The Dallas Mavericks and their fans can point to quite a few reasons for the team's two-point, 88-86 loss to the Miami Heat in Game 3 of the NBA Finals. The team missed five free throws, shot 40 percent, turned the ball over 18 times, and clanged a series of solid three-point looks down the stretch. But Miami guard Mario Chalmers'(notes) buzzer-beating three to end the first quarter, one that should have been disallowed as Chalmers' foot was technically in the back court as he caught the ball, will sting the hardest.

The half court stripe is considered part of the back court, and the referees missed the fact that Chalmers had his heel on the line when he took the pass from Udonis Haslem(notes) in the front court. The rule is that you must be considered fully in the front court before you can receive a pass from the front court, and Chalmers' foot was still in the back court when he caught the ball. That's a lot of "courts" to consider, but all Mavs fans will look at is that two-point deficit on the scoreboard as the final buzzer sounded, while ruing the three-points that shouldn't have counted.

Of course, had Dirk Nowitzki(notes) not missed two shots down the stretch of the fourth quarter, kept the ball instead of dishing off for a Jason Terry(notes) miss, and not gotten caught up in a Haslem screen that allowed Chris Bosh(notes) to hit the eventual game-winner, nobody will remember this. Such are the vicissitudes of an incredibly close game.

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Mario-Chalmers-and-the-buzzer-beater-that-shoul?urn=nba-wp4412)

heres the video of chalmers three (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZ8js9JvPE)

should this three have counted? maybe a little more claification on the rule for back court? yahoo contends this was a back court but the telecast last night said (i believe it was mike breen) it wasnt back court because his foot was on the half court line and not behind it

so was it back court? was it not? can you even make that call?

miami won by 2 so this shot did have a pretty big effect at the end result

discuss

Heater4life
06-06-2011, 10:10 AM
There have been bad calls on both sides, but I think you'd have to be absolutely blind to think the officiating hasn't been favoring Miami (especially considering Chalmers' buzzer-beater three should not have even counted last night and that Dallas is up 2-1 right now if the right call was made).

Nevertheless, the players decide the games; not the refs. The Heat are up 2-1, and that's all there is to it. The Mavericks had plenty of opportunities to win the game last night, but they didn't capitalize on them.

:eyebrow:

Yea ok. Apparently you didnt watch game 3.

ManRam
06-06-2011, 10:11 AM
If you watch Chalmers' shot in real time, there is no way you are going to be able to get that right. If I'm correct, you can't use replay to determine a back court violation.

But again, watch it in real time, no way you get that right. In real time, it looked fine.

Heater4life
06-06-2011, 10:14 AM
link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Mario-Chalmers-and-the-buzzer-beater-that-shoul?urn=nba-wp4412)

should this three have counted? maybe a little more claification on the rule for back court? yahoo contends this was a back court but the telecast last night said (i believe it was mike breen) it wasnt back court because his foot was on the half court line and not behind it

discuss

I think it wasnt, but even if it was a backcourt violation, call it at game speed. theres no way any of us make that call at full speed because it looks like he clearly jumped over. In slow motion it looks more 50-50.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
I really don't care anymore. the mavs got alot of calls in game 3, from what I've heard. But that's just stern's way of trying to prolong this series to 7 games. More ratings=more money for that fat money hungry whore.

To be honest, I haven't watched but 10 minutes of the finals. That is because I hate the heat and I would rather rip my eyes out of my head then see those douche bags win.
Even if the series goes 7, heat will win because they are a better stern wants his big payday from nike. With saying that unless the new cba changes drastically, I'm probably all done with the NBA.

YA! How dare the HEAT try to win a championship with the 17th highest payroll in basketball...

Rivera
06-06-2011, 10:16 AM
YA! How dare the HEAT try to win a championship with the 17th highest payroll in basketball...

he didnt say anything about the heats payroll :shrug:

he said he hates the heat and he hates how stern is money hungry.....

daleja424
06-06-2011, 10:17 AM

discuss

100% a backcourt violation... but it has very little impact on the game. I can point to 10 other bad calls that resulted in points one way or the other too.

+ basketball is very situational. Never will a first quarter call be the deciding factor in an NBA game... bc way too much happens after that.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 10:18 AM
he didnt say anything about the heats payroll :shrug:

he said he hates the heat and he hates how stern is money hungry.....

actually... he said he is done with the NBA until the CBA changes... as if the HEAT are manipulating the current CBA to buy a title... which is clearly not the case.

SteBO
06-06-2011, 10:21 AM
People need to stop harping on Chalmers' three. Yeah it shouldn't have counted, but half of Dallas' shouldn't even have existed not to mention the FT's Miami deserved and didn't get based on the way the game was being called. :shrug: To say it would be a different game if Chalmers' three was disallowed is silly.

Rivera
06-06-2011, 10:21 AM
100% a backcourt violation... but it has very little impact on the game. I can point to 10 other bad calls that resulted in points one way or the other too.

+ basketball is very situational. Never will a first quarter call be the deciding factor in an NBA game... bc way too much happens after that.

i cant say it didnt have any impact because if that 3 didnt count the down the strech play would have been much different....

like you said and i 100% agree basketball is VERY situational...yes it was a call in the first...but its at the end of the first where dallas cant respond until next quarter...plus its 3 whole points and dallas lost by 2 so the 4th quarter end of the game SITUATIONS would have been different

so to say it had little impact i dont know...calls going either way is one thing...allowing a basket that you can argue should be dis allowed is a completley different thing

when bosh hit that jumper for the heat to go up 2...if the chalmers three didnt count theres a chance miami has to shoot a 3 to tie the game instead of hitting the two to go up two....the game 2nd quarter on would have been different and especially the 4th

Slug3
06-06-2011, 10:23 AM
No matter who is right or wrong, this is not goign to go anywhere. Miami fans are going to feel one way and Dallas fans will feel another way. But no matter what the game is over with and done and its time to look forward to the next one.

Rivera
06-06-2011, 10:23 AM
People need to stop harping on Chalmers' three. Yeah it shouldn't have counted, but half of Dallas' shouldn't even have existed not to mention the FT's Miami deserved and didn't get based on the way the game was being called. :shrug: To say it would be a different game if Chalmers' three was disallowed is silly.

but its not....

dallas lost by 2...the chalmers basket was a 3...negate it dallas wins by 1

obviously that logic isnt 100% correct but to say the game wouldnt have been impacted and miamis possessions down the strech would have been different also isnt correct IMO it would have been a different game down the strech

SteBO
06-06-2011, 10:24 AM
i cant say it didnt have any impact because if that 3 didnt count the down the strech play would have been much different....

like you said and i 100% agree basketball is VERY situational...yes it was a call in the first...but its at the end of the first where dallas cant respond until next quarter...plus its 3 whole points and dallas lost by 2 so the 4th quarter end of the game SITUATIONS would have been different

so to say it had little impact i dont know...calls going either way is one thing...allowing a basket that you can argue should be dis allowed is a completley different thing

when bosh hit that jumper for the heat to go up 2...if the chalmers three didnt count theres a chance miami has to shoot a 3 to tie the game instead of hitting the two to go up two....the game 2nd quarter on would have been different and especially the 4th
Kidd clearly traveled on his three-point attempt in which he drew a foul on Wade. Just like the Chalmers three, that was situational. Again, there are things that happen during the course of the game clearly offset it, so there's no way the game would've been completely different if that three was disallowed.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 10:26 AM

You really don't get it?

Jason Kidd traveled and got two free throws.
Dallas got 10 FTs on over the back calls.
Dirk was racking up fantom calls all night.
Bosh got hit in the face on a drive... no call.
HEAT got called for 5 hip checks while the Mavs got called for ZERO.
Marion jumped on Lebron down the stretch... no call.

You want to complain about 1 call... I got 10+ for you that should have been a 2+ point swing in the HEAT's favor. You are looking at what one basket would have down for the Mavs... and I am telling you that this would have been a Miami blowout if this game was called evenly.

Rivera
06-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Kidd clearly traveled on his three-point attempt in which he drew a foul on Wade. Just like the Chalmers three, that was situational. Again, there are things that happen during the course of the game clearly offset it, so there's no way the game would've been completely different if that three was disallowed.

kidd also missed the first freethrow (ball dont lie)

and the refs got that call 2/3rds right

yes kidd traveled...but at least they didnt call the flagrant on wade and they correctly called it a 2...

but a shot at the end of the quarter where theres nothing to do about it that goes in that shouldnt count is much different than a missed foul call or travel call IMO

Rivera
06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
You really don't get it?

Jason Kidd traveled and got two free throws.
Dallas got 10 FTs on over the back calls.
Dirk was racking up fantom calls all night.
Bosh got hit in the face on a drive... no call.
HEAT got called for 5 hip checks while the Mavs got called for ZERO.
Marion jumped on Lebron down the stretch... no call.

You want to complain about 1 call... I got 10+ for you that should have been a 2+ point swing in the HEAT's favor. You are looking at what one basket would have down for the Mavs... and I am telling you that this would have been a Miami blowout if this game was called evenly.

im actually not complaining about the call cause i honestly could care less....i made the thread just for discussion and it got moved...

but to say the game would not have been different by that one call is assanine...

i honestly dont have a problem with the refs they have been evening out to me....they have been calling bad calls for both ways but to say a 3 that counted that could have been dis allowed could have changed that game down the strech...like you said bball is situational and the 4th quarter situation would have been different if you take 3 points off the miami scoreboard

i dont know whats hard to get

daleja424
06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
So what if Kidd missed the FTs? The call was still blown... just b/c he didnt take advantage of the blown call and Chalmers did doesnt change the situation...

SteBO
06-06-2011, 10:29 AM
kidd also missed the first freethrow (ball dont lie)

and the refs got that call 2/3rds right

yes kidd traveled...but at least they didnt call the flagrant on wade and they correctly called it a 2...

but a shot at the end of the quarter where theres nothing to do about it that goes in that shouldnt count is much different than a missed foul call or travel call IMO

Lol it was a two point attempt. Sorry for getting that wrong :laugh2:

Still, many things offset that Chalmers play. So many things occured in that game, that play had minimal impact on the overall game. I see what you're saying, and I understand it completely, but that wouldn't have changed much of the outcome, especially the way the game was being officiated, but I'm done harping on that aspect. It's time to move on to Game 4! It's just a shame that officiating is the narrative of such a great series.

ManRam
06-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Even in that video you posted rivera, I can't tell if it was a back court violation. The only way I was convinced it was when it went to super slow-mo and the footage stopped showing his foot being behind the line. Even then, I wasn't sure the ball was in his hands.

That's human error. No one here is going to make that call if they're the refs. It's too fast, too close, and not something you call unless you're certain you saw it. There's no way you can be certain you saw it.

Also, pointing out one bad play is a dumb way to prove anything. You can't overlook the rest of the bad calls, and there were certainly a ton. This one play might change the final point tally, but saying that this should have not counted and thus Dallas would have won is dumb, especially when you are omitting all the points that Dallas scored and shouldn't have. This is why all this ref talk annoys me. People just focus on what they want to, and don't see the whole picture.

daleja424
im actually not complaining about the call cause i honestly could care less....i made the thread just for discussion and it got moved...

but to say the game would not have been different by that one call is assanine...

i honestly dont have a problem with the refs they have been evening out to me....they have been calling bad calls for both ways but to say a 3 that counted that could have been dis allowed could have changed that game down the strech...like you said bball is situational and the 4th quarter situation would have been different if you take 3 points off the miami scoreboard

i dont know whats hard to get

b/c teams play the scoreboard. In case you didnt notice... Miamiactually plays better the closer the score is. The lose focus when they build a lead. So for all you know, a closer game could have meant a bigger win. You simply do not know what would have happened without those three points... but as has been pointed out many times the refs MORE than made up for that single call so get over it.

Rivera
So what if Kidd missed the FTs? The call was still blown... just b/c he didnt take advantage of the blown call and Chalmers did doesnt change the situation...

it rights a wrong in a wierd sort of way...

basketball gods...i cant explain it but travels are never called in the nba regardless and im sure if i wanted to i could find a million videos of lebron traveling in these finals but do you see me complaning about them not calling travel on lebron? no

Rivera
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
b/c teams play the scoreboard. In case you didnt notice... Miamiactually plays better the closer the score is. The lose focus when they build a lead. So for all you know, a closer game could have meant a bigger win. You simply do not know what would have happened without those three points... but as has been pointed out many times the refs MORE than made up for that single call so get over it.

well there defense certainly amps up when the score is closer i give you that but there offense is still looking to close when the game is close IMO

they have gotten better at that aspect in the game but just to take the last 2 games of the finals....lebron shouldnt of had the ball in his hands at the end of game 2 when wade was going off like that

and the heat shouldnt have sweated that last second shot by dirk...LBJ (just happened to take the shot i would have said the same thing if wade/bosh/miller/jones shot it)should have sank that shot with 5 sec left and ended the game there....but there final second defense is out of this world it was a great win for miami yesterday

and there were tons of bad calls yesterday...theres always bad calls throughout these playoffs...i think the bad calls even out over the course of a basketball game regardless

but that one three (that should/shouldnt of counted) in such a close game especially down the strech...you damn right it had an impact in the 4th

would miami won the game regardless? probably but the "situation" down the strech is much different if you take 3 points off miamis score board...thats really the only thing im contending....i dont see how it didnt affect the game :shrug:

North Yorker
06-06-2011, 10:37 AM
I was surprised they missed the Chalmers call. I got called on a similar play in HS and I was in the air jumping over the half court line when I caught the ball and I got called for a backcourt violation.

IIRC the ref explained that you must have two feet established over the line before you receive the ball, and it's clear that Chalmers definitely didnt.

dnewguy
06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
You know something is wrong when some Lakers and Bulls fans feel sorry for the Heat because of officiating.

JasonJohnHorn
06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
My answer is in favour of Miami, but keep in mind I didnt get to watch game three, and looking at the box scores, it looks like Dallas got their share of calls. The 4th quarter of game one there were four glaringly obvious calls, three of which took possession out of Dallas hands and gave Miami the ball, and all three were converted to 2 point possession (the Chandler foul for the clean pick on Haslem, the 'over-the-back foul' on Dirk when he grabbed a long rebound and didnt even touch the guy, and Dirk getting called for a foul when he knocked the ball loose on the a lob into Bosh). That was at LEAST a 6 point swing (potentially 12-15 points if Dallas converted their possesions to 2's or 3 pt plays). And there was another missed fall (Dirk got fouled). That jsut totally messed up the game for Dallas.

Game two was A LOT better, but there was still a very curious call, where the officials called a foul on Miami when Dirk was going for a lay-up. The called the foul, but then didnt give Dirk free-throws when he was clearly in the process of shooting. Considering how close that game was, it was a bit odd to see that. There were a couple of question marks in that one, but nothing too blatant, other than the one mentioned above.

As I said, I missed game three, so I cant comment on that one.

godolphins
06-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Game one: Heat
Game two: Fair
Game three: Dallas by a mile...................................

Marlin234
06-06-2011, 10:44 AM

this sums it up...

MagicHero3
06-06-2011, 10:45 AM
yeah im losing interest in the NBA. refs just want 7 games bc thats what stern wants. it just ruins the entertainment of them game when your watching and bad calls happen. i miss march madness- where players decided games, not officials.

DR_1
06-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Mostly even - much better than the East Finals.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 10:48 AM
yeah im losing interest in the NBA. refs just want 7 games bc thats what stern wants. it just ruins the entertainment of them game when your watching and bad calls happen. i miss march madness- where players decided games, not officials.

honestly the players did decide this game... the refs tried their best to give dallas the benefit of the calls at home and Miami still won...

Marlin234
06-06-2011, 10:49 AM
well there defense certainly amps up when the score is closer i give you that but there offense is still looking to close when the game is close IMO

they have gotten better at that aspect in the game but just to take the last 2 games of the finals....lebron shouldnt of had the ball in his hands at the end of game 2 when wade was going off like that

and the heat shouldnt have sweated that last second shot by dirk...LBJ (just happened to take the shot i would have said the same thing if wade/bosh/miller/jones shot it)should have sank that shot with 5 sec left and ended the game there....but there final second defense is out of this world it was a great win for miami yesterday

and there were tons of bad calls yesterday...theres always bad calls throughout these playoffs...i think the bad calls even out over the course of a basketball game regardless

but that one three (that should/shouldnt of counted) in such a close game especially down the strech...you damn right it had an impact in the 4th
would miami won the game regardless? probably but the "situation" down the strech is much different if you take 3 points off miamis score board...thats really the only thing im contending....i dont see how it didnt affect the game :shrug:

Dude shut up with that already.. did u see how many b.s rebounding fouls miami got only in the 4th qtr that were b.s? it more than made up for that 3 pointer considering we were over the limit and dallas getting to the line. Refs were bailing Mavs out. But the better team still came on top.. anyone could have seen it.. we are lucky we pulled this win off. But its history now and were up 2-1! on to game 4

MagicHero3
06-06-2011, 10:50 AM
honestly the players did decide this game... the refs tried their best to give dallas the benefit of the calls at home and Miami still won...

yeah thats a good point, but i was speaking in general, not just last night.

SteBO
06-06-2011, 10:51 AM
yeah thats a good point, but i was speaking in general, not just last night.

The officiating the whole playoffs has been bad. Game 3 was by far the worst to me, but there have been others this year where it's been pretty close. That sad part of it is, these bad calls being made are by the veteran officials. I just wish they'd let players play. These are grown men. Let them rough it up a bit and call it both ways, even if it's being called tightly.

mttwlsn16
06-06-2011, 10:54 AM

bingo

daleja424
06-06-2011, 11:06 AM
10 of the final 11 fouls "committed" by Miami were off the ball fouls. Half of them resulted in FTs on non shooting plays (a couple hand checking fouls and a bunch of questionable at best rebounding fouls)

macc
06-06-2011, 11:12 AM
It's funny because fans complain about NBA players complaining all the time about fouls, yet the fans are just as bad if not worse then the players themselves when it comes to officiating.

It seems like whoever teams loses "it was the refs fault." Yet noone will complain about the game plan, offensive/defensive sets, bad shots, executing plays...ect. 99% of the reason one team lost or the other is because the refs "rigged" it.....lol.

daleja424
06-06-2011, 11:26 AM
It's funny because fans complain about NBA players complaining all the time about fouls, yet the fans are just as bad if not worse then the players themselves when it comes to officiating.

It seems like whoever teams loses "it was the refs fault." Yet noone will complain about the game plan, offensive/defensive sets, bad shots, executing plays...ect. 99% of the reason one team lost or the other is because the refs "rigged" it.....lol.

except it is the winning team with the beef in this case...

lobster
06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
After every NBA game there is always more talk about Refs then the actual game. Even the people that think the games are not fixed spend the whole game *****ing about the refs. WWE is less scripted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

king4day
06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I haven't watched much. I saw missed calls on both sides so I'm going to guess the refs are struggling.

macc
06-06-2011, 12:37 PM
except it is the winning team with the beef in this case...

It's just people have beef after every game. Think about it, if BOTH teams are complaining about the refs being against them, then it's prob being called pretty evenly. This is the playoffs, it's supposed to be a more physical game yet players complain every single time they drive it to the hole that there was some foul.

If you watch Lebron, EVERYTIME he drives and misses a layup, he's complaining about a non call. Fans see this and think that the refs intentionally didn't call something. Though the one thing people aren't thinking of is this. Maybe there just wasn't a foul on the play.......crazy notion right?

Bottom line is if people really think the NBA is rigged, I mean really belive it, THEN DON"T WATCH. It's a pretty simple concept.

David Stern doesn't need to rig games, that entire concept is weak. WHY would he need to rig games? The NBA sells itself. Every team has NBA "stars" that sell the game of basketball. People act like the NBA is a struggling business and Stern is doing all he can to keep it a float. It's laughable.

Now I do believe refs can be "bias" but that's not the same as actually rigging a game. Refs are human, they make mistakes and they prob make calls in the heat of the moment at times. Overall I think they do a great job and get 85-95% of the calls right every game.

It's just annoying watching fans cry worse then basketball players over calls, yet won't make their team accountable for bad shots, turnovers, getting out rebounded, poor execution of plays, ect ect. It's the "refs" fault...lol

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I would say Miami has gotten more calls overall but dallas got more in Game 3, this finals has looked more like european soccer, more and more players looking for foul calls then just playing. Lebron has gotten away with alot of offensive fouls especially extending his elbow, but both teams are floping all over the court its pathetic, just go out and play and quit trying to draw the foul every damn time
or fake damn injrues. i loved how at the end of game 2 d wade fell over after shooting that shot, and then grabbed his eye. no one was even close to touching him it was hillarious.

watch this is pretty funny the last half.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=qCRF2QZZSLjDWSptnmb43x6NmAUkZ9_N

lobster
06-06-2011, 12:51 PM
It's just people have beef after every game. Think about it, if BOTH teams are complaining about the refs being against them, then it's prob being called pretty evenly. This is the playoffs, it's supposed to be a more physical game yet players complain every single time they drive it to the hole that there was some foul.

If you watch Lebron, EVERYTIME he drives and misses a layup, he's complaining about a non call. Fans see this and think that the refs intentionally didn't call something. Though the one thing people aren't thinking of is this. Maybe there just wasn't a foul on the play.......crazy notion right?

Bottom line is if people really think the NBA is rigged, I mean really belive it, THEN DON"T WATCH. It's a pretty simple concept.

David Stern doesn't need to rig games, that entire concept is weak. WHY would he need to rig games? The NBA sells itself. Every team has NBA "stars" that sell the game of basketball. People act like the NBA is a struggling business and Stern is doing all he can to keep it a float. It's laughable.

Now I do believe refs can be "bias" but that's not the same as actually rigging a game. Refs are human, they make mistakes and they prob make calls in the heat of the moment at times. Overall I think they do a great job and get 85-95% of the calls right every game.

It's just annoying watching fans cry worse then basketball players over calls, yet won't make their team accountable for bad shots, turnovers, getting out rebounded, poor execution of plays, ect ect. It's the "refs" fault...lol

There is probably atleast 10 NBA teams that don't think the NBA can sell itself. It probably doesn't help that all the good players want to play on the same team, basically because they are not man enough to win it on their own.

Crackadalic
06-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Game 1 and 2 were solid for me. game 3 had to many calls going the mavs way. Thats joey crawful for ya

Diesel23
06-06-2011, 12:56 PM
During bulls series the heat got all the calls, first game in miami the heat got all the calls again, the past two games have been officiated fairly.

ChitownBears22
06-06-2011, 12:58 PM
During bulls series the heat got all the calls, first game in miami the heat got all the calls again, the past two games have been officiated fairly.

Did you watch game 3? Helen Keller is that you?

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Oddity: Team with more free throw attempts has lost all 3 games of the series

shizzle09
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
i'd say fairly. That call on haslem for supposedly fouling Dirk going for a rebound was pretty bad though. those 2 points make up for the chalmers 3 people are complaining about.

avrpatsfan
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Game 1 the Heat got a lot of calls, game 2 was even, and game 3 the Mavs got a lot of calls. So it's been pretty fair.

SportsAndrew25
06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
The series has been fair as far as I am concerned.

Bring The Heat
06-06-2011, 08:33 PM

:clap: This is probably the best post I've read in a long time... People who actually truly believe the NBA is fixed/rigged are beyond idiotic... lol same people who believe that 9/11 was an inside job

dnewguy
06-06-2011, 08:53 PM
I would say Miami has gotten more calls overall

watch this is pretty funny the last half.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=qCRF2QZZSLjDWSptnmb43x6NmAUkZ9_N

Wrong.

Hawkeye15
06-06-2011, 09:04 PM
This series the the first series that its obviously a complete excuse to say the Heat are getting the calls. In fact, the Mavs have been getting the benefit of the whistle more in this series.

However, overall, I think the whistles have been pretty fair.