PDA

View Full Version : If Dallas Wins Dirk Will Be Finals MVP. But If Miami Wins Who Deserves The MVP Most?

towlsmoke420
06-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Dirk will hands down be FInals MVP if Dallas wins. But what if Miami wins? who will be named FInals MVP

Playoff Stats;

Lebron James was the clear Finals MVP up until Dwyane Wade Showed up in the FInals.

SO who you think will get the honor of being named FInals MVP

I feel like D-wade should be MVP because not only is his numbers near to Lebron but D-wade is clearly taking over in the FInals

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM
How many times have we done this thread since the Finals started?

Sadds The Gr8
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
how about we wait until the series is over.

ManRam
06-05-2011, 10:08 PM
how about we wait until the series is over.

I was literally going to say this exact thing verbatim.

davids22
06-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Wow, the 10th thread asking this same question!

LA_Raiders
06-05-2011, 10:59 PM
DWade, Lebrick is the sidekick

northsider
06-05-2011, 11:01 PM
If it ended today it is Wade in a landslide.

I just find it funny how from series to series it changes.

The entire playoffs it was Bron and only Bron but, right now Wade is the spotlight and playing hero.

~Troy
06-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Juwan Howard.....

Venomous88
06-05-2011, 11:05 PM

The entire playoffs it was Bron and only Bron but, right now Wade is the spotlight and playing hero.Actually, Wade took over for the Boston series averaging 33+, he just happened to lose the spotlight because Bron closed the series with the last 10 points.

daleja424
06-05-2011, 11:06 PM
who cares right now... this series has A LONG way to go... for all we know the Finals MVP could end up being Jason Terry... lets just watch basketball

Duddy
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
D-wade is playing so good that I think it would be hardware not to give him the MVP had the series ended today. Since there's much more to come, lebron can still show why he's the best in the world and dominate the series

beasted86
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM

The entire playoffs it was Bron and only Bron but, right now Wade is the spotlight and playing hero.

You might want to check what Wade did in the Boston series.

Aside from that Wade has been all over the floor on defense.

This thread is premature, how about we let them play the rest of the series?

king4day
06-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Looks like 5 people haven't been watching the finals or just like Lebron a whole lot.

Wade right now has put this team on his back.

ldawg
06-05-2011, 11:13 PM
D-wade is playing so good that I think it would be hardware not to give him the MVP had the series ended today. Since there's much more to come, lebron can still show why he's the best in the world and dominate the seriesIf you are a true heat fan you know it is Wade he is the voice and soul of that team all year he just took a back seat to to cool the bigger ego.

justinnum1
06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
wade

iggypop123
06-05-2011, 11:35 PM
is this a stupid question?

northsider
06-05-2011, 11:36 PM
I would say Chalmers.

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm pulling for Lebron only because of the media shyt storm that will immediately follow as a result of not being "the man" on the biggest stage. It's not enough being a champion these days, you have to be the champion of champions :shrug:. It sucks but that's how it is especially for a player of Lebron caliber...With all that said, Wade clearly hopped in a DeLorean with a azz load of plutonium and returned to his 06' form.

Dallas Tx4Life
06-05-2011, 11:44 PM
so far, wade but i think lebron earns it in the last few

hyb152
06-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Lebron because he's more essential to the team's success. Can't judge just by stats. Wade has been scoring the ball and been playing great, but Lebron means more to the team. Wade has been seeing less double teams and more lanes because the D is focusing on Lebron. Kidd and Marion would be guarding Wade more if it weren't for Lebron. And lebron is playing the role of the facilitator. He had 9 assists tonight for example. I'd give my vote for Lebron because of the team dynamic. Wade is playing great though no doubt. Lebron means more to Wade's success right now though that's all I'm saying. Both are very deserving but I'd go with Lebron. Plus, Lebron's the better player and everyone knows that. Wade's on a hot streak right now so Lebron is doing the smart thing by distributing the ball and making sure Wade gets the rock. Lebron found Bosh for that go-ahead jumper with 30 secs left in game 3. It's like what if Jason Terry got hot and averaged 22 ppg in the series. He'd get MVP over Dirk if he did that. But it doesn't mean he's better. Same with Wade and Lebron. Wade is hot right now but lebron is better and everyone knows it.

Venomous88
06-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Not to build any tension, but I'm sure their is a hidden agenda for both players when it comes to Heat fans. Most Heat fans before this season is rooting for Wade to get the Finals MVP while the new ones are hoping LeBron shows him up for the last few games.

The Flash
06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
It's a bigger story than we know. we will now see their characters

NBA_Starter
06-05-2011, 11:53 PM
If the vote was due right now Wade for sure!

The Flash
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Lebron because he's more essential to the team's success. Can't judge just by stats. Wade has been scoring the ball and been playing great, but Lebron means more to the team. Wade has been seeing less double teams and more lanes because the D is focusing on Lebron. Kidd and Marion would be guarding Wade more if it weren't for Lebron. And lebron is playing the role of the facilitator. He had 9 assists tonight for example. I'd give my vote for Lebron because of the team dynamic. Wade is playing great though no doubt. Lebron means more to Wade's success right now though that's all I'm saying. Both are very deserving but I'd go with Lebron. Plus, Lebron's the better player and everyone knows that. Wade's on a hot streak right now so Lebron is doing the smart thing by distributing the ball and making sure Wade gets the rock. Lebron found Bosh for that go-ahead jumper with 30 secs left in game 3. It's like what if Jason Terry got hot and averaged 22 ppg in the series. He'd get MVP over Dirk if he did that. But it doesn't mean he's better. Same with Wade and Lebron. Wade is hot right now but lebron is better and everyone knows it.

Lebron is the MVP if he lets Wade lead

Master Mind
06-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Not to build any tension, but I'm sure their is a hidden agenda for both players when it comes to Heat fans. Most Heat fans before this season is rooting for Wade to get the Finals MVP while the new ones are hoping LeBron shows him up for the last few games.

I love D-Wade, always have always will...But I'm looking at it from a different perspective. Wade has an MVP and very well may have another with his stellar play but man I already see/hear the backlash towards Lebron and I really hope it doesn't throw a rift psychologically between the 2. It's almost like putting an asterisk next to Lebron's name in history, ie. Lebron wins first championship in 2011 but wasn't MVP (assuming they win of course). The media/haters will never let him live it down

Cano4prez
06-06-2011, 12:08 AM
If the Heat win then it's Wade as of now

NYMetropolitans
06-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Really depends on the last two wins (if Miami wins that is).

marlinsfan24
06-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Just for some fun, here are Wade vs Lebron head to head in the finals:
Wade: 29 points, 8.6 rebs, 5 assists, 2 steals, 1.6 blocks. 4 turnovers+11
James: 20 points 6.6 rebs 6 assists 2.2 steals, .3 blocks. 10 turnovers +4

Venomous88
06-06-2011, 12:18 AM
I love D-Wade, always have always will...But I'm looking at it from a different perspective. Wade has an MVP and very well may have another with his stellar play but man I already see/hear the backlash towards Lebron and I really hope it doesn't throw a rift psychologically between the 2. It's almost like putting an asterisk next to Lebron's name in history, ie. Lebron wins first championship in 2011 but wasn't MVP (assuming they win of course). The media/haters will never let him live it down Understandable, but I always looked at it as Wade will soon be coming down from his prime in a year or two. As an optimist and the success of this postseason, I do see the Heat winning more than 3 championships, and I see these first few Finals as the best opportunity for Wade to win his MVP awards now while LeBron wins his in the latter years. LeBron will continue to get flack from the media no matter what happens. However, just watching footage on these two friendship over the past few years even before they came together, I don't see anything breaking them up as trivial as outside chatter.

LeBron has always had the same pressure on him for the past 9 years of exceeding crazy media and fan expectations, so I'm sure he's knows how to deal with it. Also, LeBron always knows that he will have his opportunity to prove anyone wrong no matter what whether it is "being the man" or being a "closer". Right now, his focus is getting the championship no matter what role he plays on the team.

roshan3ai
06-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Who are these scrubs? I think the clear cut choice is Juwan Howard

Law25
06-06-2011, 12:20 AM

All season long up until the finals LeBron fans have been using stats to prove LeBrons case as the man on the Heat and as him being the best on the planet. Now when games count the most and Wade has proven to be the go to, and not only that he's proven to be the better player. I dont care that LeBron fans choose not to use stats when it dosent benefit, here they are anyways. Also just because everyone agree's on something it dosent make it true. Most Germans thought Hitler was right (No LeBron is not Hitler just an example). Stats are showing whos the best player on the Heat.

Sats through 3 games in Finals
Wade
29pts 8rebs 5ast 1.3stl 1.6blks
LeBron
19pts 6.6rebs 6ast 2.3stls .3blks

SO far Wade MVP. LeBron still has time to make his case.

Venomous88
06-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Really depends on the last two wins (if Miami wins that is).If Wade averages 20+ for the last two games and LeBron goes crazy, I don't see how we can't discuss Co-MVPs.

beasted86
06-06-2011, 12:21 AM
I love D-Wade, always have always will...But I'm looking at it from a different perspective. Wade has an MVP and very well may have another with his stellar play but man I already see/hear the backlash towards Lebron and I really hope it doesn't throw a rift psychologically between the 2. It's almost like putting an asterisk next to Lebron's name in history, ie. Lebron wins first championship in 2011 but wasn't MVP (assuming they win of course). The media/haters will never let him live it down

I think you underestimate LeBron for a weak-minded fool.

If he was worried about that type of stuff I don't think he'd be in Miami.

Dallas Tx4Life
06-06-2011, 12:22 AM
If Wade averages 20+ for the last two games and LeBron goes crazy, I don't see how we can't discuss Co-MVPs.

This x 100

Baseballcb95
06-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Why assume dirk wins it if Dallas does? I think any of the three officials for the mavs are just as deserving

Master Mind
06-06-2011, 12:33 AM
I think you underestimate LeBron for a weak-minded fool.

If he was worried about that type of stuff I don't think he'd be in Miami.

I'm not calling him a mental midget but damn how awkward will it be when they are presenting the trophy (assuming we win of course)...All I'm saying is, I've seen friendships crumble by less...

THE GIPPER
06-06-2011, 12:37 AM
lebron will turn it on and get the finals mvp or atleast he should cuz his D is awesome

MrfadeawayJB
06-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Erica Dampier or James Jones. I can't decide between them.

ps: Wade

Venomous88
06-06-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm not calling him a mental midget but damn how awkward will it be when they are presenting the trophy (assuming we win of course)...All I'm saying is, I've seen friendships crumble by less... It will be similiar to this and life will move on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgj8miuZPIw

dodie53
06-06-2011, 12:52 AM
wade

Meaze_Gibson
06-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Heat fan since 03. As of now, Wade should be mvp. His attitude is all over this championship. Last year bron was dancing and joking during playoffs. THis year its business which is in line with Wade's attitude. Wade is grabbing more boards, more blocks, and points. Less turnovers in the fourth. I just feel safer when the ball is in Wade's hands as a closer..Bron led Philly series...Wade led Boston series...Bron Chi series...Wade (so far) Mavs.

Kobes a Killer
06-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Right now Dwayne, lebron has been playing great D buy Dwayne has been doing it on both ends of the floor

bbblack40
06-06-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm not calling him a mental midget but damn how awkward will it be when they are presenting the trophy (assuming we win of course)...All I'm saying is, I've seen friendships crumble by less...

So you're saying it is awkward if wade wins it but okay if lebron wins it?
lets do a recap
Phi-Wade MVP
Bos-Wade MVP
Chi-Lebron MVP
Dal-Wade MVP

theres no doubt Wade is the MVP so far. Lebron doesnt care about being the man he just wants to win neither does wade, they both are best friends so there will be no akwardness just happiness over the ring.

Master Mind
06-06-2011, 01:10 AM
It will be similiar to this and life will move on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgj8miuZPIw

Yikes

towlsmoke420
06-06-2011, 01:58 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/thechrispalmer

"Finals MVP is Dwyane Wade's to lose"

12evolution 9
06-06-2011, 02:39 AM
before i answer...

all you people who are saying or are going to say Lebron or Wade are Side Kicks to each other...

your fkin wrong...

If i was to give playoffs Mvp award to some one - Dirk or Lebron ...

But Finals??? It has to go to Wade... just cause he is a str8 up monsta now...

i also think Wade has a better Match up then Lebron ... this series... when it comes to utilizing there skills.

Those of you who are going to bash 1 or the Other are str8 up looking to stir
($)(|-|)(][)(+) up.

seriously I am fine with Either Bron or Wade Closing... and by next year... Bosh will be included, but since he has sacrificed the most this year with his game, and touches, he has had to adapt the most... by next year he will prob be in the discussion.. hopefully

but it dont even matter... Wade will get it this season, and Lebron will get it in the next upcoming finals we are in... if we can get into any more ... which i think we will

Hawkize31
06-06-2011, 02:44 AM
Its pretty clearly Wade so far, but I think there will probably be 3 or 4 more games in this series, and Lebron could overtake Wade.

WHODAT8o8
06-06-2011, 02:49 AM
How could it not be Joel Anthony. But seriously what part of "Wade's team" do you not undersatnd?

EaglePride615
06-06-2011, 02:49 AM
i hope wade continues to play like this. and avg 30+ while shooting 50%+ and like 7+ rebs

Raph12
06-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Wade easily... What people fail to notice, is that Wade has played off-ball all season long and it obviously showed in his production and efficiency. Lebron is the lesser off-ball player and that is showing in the Finals, Wade is taking over and with the ball in Wade's hands all the time, Lebron is struggling to produce at the level we are accustomed to.

If Wade continues to dominate the ball like he did in Game 2 & 3, Lebron will continue to play as his Pippen.

sventhedog
06-06-2011, 08:21 AM
no point of keeping this thread going. this is like asking which do you think is the color of the sky? blue or pink?

jockrider
06-06-2011, 08:30 AM
co-finals mvp?

jiggin
06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
I think it goes to Wade...he has showed up in the finals, which is what the MVP is about...being the Most Valuable Player in the Finals.

ne3xchamps
06-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Wade. Hands down, close thread and discussion.