PDA

View Full Version : will Deron Willams next home be Dallas?

Mobsterkel
06-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Williams has his offseason home in Dallas, is From Dallas and want to be a maverick after his contract is up, he was disappointed about be traded to new jersey, and may bolt, I think his first choice is Dallas.

urlachermess
06-05-2011, 08:26 PM
so you have your story hered based on that he has his offseason house in Dallas is why he will become a Mav?

rurichie
06-05-2011, 08:34 PM
no he never said he disliked the NJ trade and he will be in Brooklyn in 2012 so don't worry about it I'm willing to bet he will be with the Nets for a while

oak2455
06-05-2011, 08:38 PM
u want a cookie?

derrick rose has a crib in LA

is he going to sign there?

shaq has a home in orlando, is he going to unretire to play there?

ok, STFU then u stupid jew

Banning time:clap:

DoMeFavors
06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Doubt he will be a Mav, they have no cap space for him and even if he wanted to be traded they have nothing the Nets would want.

jimbobjarree
06-05-2011, 09:07 PM
no chance

Chill_Will_24
06-05-2011, 09:17 PM
I dont think it will be a lock that Deron will stay in Brooklyn but i doubt its Dallas he goes to...

MagicBucsSox
06-05-2011, 09:30 PM
no he never said he disliked the NJ trade and he will be in Brooklyn in 2012 so don't worry about it I'm willing to bet he will be with the Nets for a while

If Deron don't ext by July 1, he's good as gone

Chill_Will_24
06-05-2011, 09:40 PM

Funny coming from a Magic fan. Worry about Dwight and let us worry about DWill. Lets not even get into an argument on who has a better chance of keeping their star.

JPHX
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
D-Will/Howard/Dirk Big 3

lamar2006
06-05-2011, 10:24 PM
D-Will/Howard/Dirk Big 3

Paul/Bryant/Howard better than your big 3.

JRisdabest
06-05-2011, 10:51 PM
he will be a clipper...close the thread

DoMeFavors
06-05-2011, 10:59 PM

He cannot sign an extension untill July 16th

MagicBucsSox
06-05-2011, 11:06 PM
He cannot sign an extension untill July 16th

The CBA expires July1 so idk if that's possible

FriedTofuz
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Who knows. possibly, but deron would be wise to stay in ny and pair up with another future 2012 free agent.

LA_Raiders
06-05-2011, 11:16 PM
makes sence but he will be traded before leaving NJ... Lets see if Dall have some trade assets for NJ...

LA has Bynum, Odom to make that trade

DoMeFavors
06-05-2011, 11:45 PM
makes sence but he will be traded before leaving NJ... Lets see if Dall have some trade assets for NJ...

LA has Bynum, Odom to make that trade

If it came down to Lakers I would want Ron Artest and someone.

beasted86
06-05-2011, 11:47 PM
If he's willing to take the mid-level to become a Maverick, good for him.

But I'll tell you think... New Jersey will NEVER S&T him to the Mavs, and the Mavs will NEVER have the cap space to sign him near his true value.

So it's mid-level or bust.

rockbottom2010
06-05-2011, 11:53 PM
provokov knows what he's doing.....they gonna bring in somebody this off season and keep williams...he has the package to do so...or he could even sign david west and get somebody else....remember....hes a billionaire...not a millionaire

MalZee24
06-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Doubt he will be a Mav, they have no cap space for him and even if he wanted to be traded they have nothing the Nets would want.

lol hilarious sig haha

llemon
06-05-2011, 11:55 PM
If it came down to Lakers I would want Ron Artest and someone.

Artest a Net?

llemon
06-05-2011, 11:57 PM
provokov knows what he's doing.....they gonna bring in somebody this off season and keep williams...he has the package to do so...or he could even sign david west and get somebody else....remember....hes a billionaire...not a millionaire

He was a billionaire last offseason too, right?

DoMeFavors
06-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Artest a Net?

He claimes besides the Lakers he is a Net fan, I like his defense and he is from NY. I think he would bring an edge to the Nets, who are a very soft team.

buckeyeboy937
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
yeah D-will never said he was mad or upset about the trade he said he would like the nets to get some more help for him and IMO i thank the FO will do w.e they need to do to get the players they want i thank it will be howard with him in brooklyn and hopefully we get to keep lopez to

PrettyBoyJ
06-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Doubt it.. While the Nets dont have a good team in place now Deron Williams will be able to recruit players with more success then he did in Utah.. Lets face it the Move to Brooklyn is going to be a big deal, and the over the bridge rivalry with NY will prob be exciting.. And from what I seen the Barclay Center is prob going to be one of the best arena in the NBA..

llemon
06-06-2011, 12:42 AM
He claimes besides the Lakers he is a Net fan, I like his defense and he is from NY. I think he would bring an edge to the Nets, who are a very soft team.

I'd stay very far away from Artest.

mttwlsn16
06-06-2011, 12:55 AM
he will be a clipper...close the thread

this
/thread

mttwlsn16
06-06-2011, 12:56 AM

brook lopez proves this night in and night out

sharqstealth
06-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Its unlikely to be Dallas, but Deron will definitely leave because the Nets simply sucks and will suck for a long time.

Master Mind
06-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Will Dallas resign Tyson Chandler?

dodie53
06-06-2011, 02:49 AM
i think he stays a Net

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
sorry nets fans but I don't really see them being any good for the next decade. and howard stays in orlando, I think the nets may be sorry they traded away derrick favors that kid is gonna be very good. D will is good but has alot of flaws too as well as injuries, but if NJ dosn't get a big name free agent in the two years, kiss that francise goodbye for at least 5 years maybe more. Avery Johnson is not that great either.

Young and Stupid
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I really don't know why I'm allowing myself to get hooked, but here goes...

sorry nets fans but I don't really see them being any good for the next decade.

Apology accepted. However, I'm curious -- because you threw out a pretty strong statement -- what's your basis for such a claim?

Howard stays in Orlando.

Highly doubtful.

D Will is good but has alot of flaws too as well as injuries.

Please elaborate on these so-called "flaws." I'm also curious how a player who has averaged 75 games a season over the course of his career presents an injury-concern.

But if NJ dosn't get a big name free agent in the two years, kiss that francise goodbye for at least 5 years maybe more.

There are other ways to obtain impact players.

The last place the Nets are headed is back to irrelevancy. I understand that you may not be familiar with New York, but Brooklyn is an extremely prideful -- and extremely large -- borough. The Nets will have the NBA's best arena, an owner who will spend what it takes to win, a coach with championship pedigree and a top-10 player. They'll be okay.

Oh, and to the topic of the thread -- we've gone over this before. Unless the new CBA removes the salary-cap (which is essentially the opposite of what the owners are trying to do), the Mavericks won't have the cap-space to add Deron Williams.

The only viable alternative for Deron Williams is the Los Angeles Clippers. As a Nets fan, I've stated on numerous occasions -- much to the chagrin of other Nets fans -- that the Clippers pose a serious threat. They could potentially add both Deron Williams and Dwight Howard to one of the NBA's most promising young players (Blake Griffin) and have what it takes to compete against The Talents in South Beach. Although the Clippers make sense basketball-wise, there are a lot of other factors that should be taken into consideration -- namely, Donald Sterling.

However, the Nets provide Deron Williams with everything he needs: a great owner, a good coach, money to spend, one of the NBA's most promising big-men and a great market. There's no doubt in my mind that Deron Williams will be wearing a Nets jersey come the 2012-2013 season; it's just a matter of whether he'll have Dwight Howard by his side.

jimbobjarree
06-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Please elaborate on these so-called "flaws." I'm also curious how a player who has averaged 75 games a season over the course of his career presents an injury-concern.

He openly admits that his ankle will never be 100% again after he sprained it a couple of years ago. His wrists are also very brittle, it remains to be seen if his recent surgery would have fixed that, but thats another thing it looks like he'd have to deal with the rest of his career.

as far as flaws go, put him next to a stud number 1 option and you wouldn't notice them

Ebbs
06-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Deron + Dwight + Dirk

o n e c a n a l w a y s d r e a m.

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 12:47 PM
his flaws are few but sometime powerfull, his temper sometimes gets the best of him, he may have averaged 75 games but he was not 100%, don't get me wrong d will is great i just think he is a bit overatted now, he wasn't a few years ago, but he seems to be getting worse. if he has significant injury he start going downhill, similar to penny hardaway. And I think derrick favors will be an very good all star player. my reasoning for the nets not being any good, is their front office, it is very weak and they make very poor decisions, the move to brooklyn will be ok, but the knicks have allways been the basketball team in ny, maybe not for a few years because of the loosing, the nets may make the playoffs in the next 10 years but i don't see them getting out of the first round. I just don't see that francise making wise decisions, teams like the lakers , jazz and san antonio have been so good for so long and have practically made the playoffs every season, be cause of good decisions made by the management, teams like the clippers, bucks, nets, and kings have not had good management and continue to struggle because of it. unless the russian reloads his front office with good peeps he is going to be doomed for sometime.

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
And i wouldn't be suprised if deron signed with dallas for less money, his hometown, and more of chance of winning a tittle and I think the new cba will put a hard salary cap down, so the bigger markets won't be so dominating.

mttwlsn16
06-06-2011, 12:49 PM
dwill
EJ
(insert small forward)
blake
DJ
:drool:

sep11ie
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I've never seen a thread that needed a source link sooooo bad.

MagicBucsSox
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Will Dallas resign Tyson Chandler?

My god he stinks

Crackadalic
06-06-2011, 12:57 PM
D-will will probably stay in brooklyn

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 01:05 PM
no source links just discussion about what we think will happen

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
it will be very interesting to see what happens with d-will and cp3 and where they actually end up howard too.

EaglePride615
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
no. doubt he goes to dallas. i think he stays with the franchise when they go to brooklyn. to me ive always seen brook as more of a PF, a pau type of PF. who knows maybe they can snag dhoward. but i doubt it, kris humphrys played great down the stretch last year. they will be in the playoffs next year.

Young and Stupid
06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
He openly admits that his ankle will never be 100% again after he sprained it a couple of years ago. His wrists are also very brittle, it remains to be seen if his recent surgery would have fixed that, but thats another thing it looks like he'd have to deal with the rest of his career.

Fair points.

Although he did express some concern about his ankle never getting back to 100%, he made that statement in 2009 after an off-season in which he felt it didn't recover effectively. There hasn't been much talk about it since, but it wouldn't be fair for me to say that it is no longer an issue. Just as it wouldn't be fair for you to say it is still an issue. In other words, we don't know.

Apparently, the doctors found fragments in Williams' wrist that they didn't expect to find. After further investigation, they concluded that he had been playing with a battered wrist for more than a year. This could have led to many of the issues he encountered. However, it should be noted that he has had problems with the other wrist; so you may indeed be right.

his flaws are few but sometime powerfull, his temper sometimes gets the best of him, he may have averaged 75 games but he was not 100%, don't get me wrong d will is great i just think he is a bit overatted now, he wasn't a few years ago, but he seems to be getting worse. if he has significant injury he start going downhill, similar to penny hardaway. And I think derrick favors will be an very good all star player. my reasoning for the nets not being any good, is their front office, it is very weak and they make very poor decisions, the move to brooklyn will be ok, but the knicks have allways been the basketball team in ny, maybe not for a few years because of the loosing, the nets may make the playoffs in the next 10 years but i don't see them getting out of the first round. I just don't see that francise making wise decisions, teams like the lakers , jazz and san antonio have been so good for so long and have practically made the playoffs every season, be cause of good decisions made by the management, teams like the clippers, bucks, nets, and kings have not had good management and continue to struggle because of it. unless the russian reloads his front office with good peeps he is going to be doomed for sometime.

Several issues with this post, but I'm not going to dissect it. Just some things you should note:

1. In 2004, the Nets were purchased by an ownership group headed by Bruce Ratner. From the beginning, his sole interest was to move the team to Brooklyn -- which I'm fine with because nobody likes New Jersey. However, instead of looking to expand the team in preparation for a potential move, Ratner looked to cut costs. For the next six years, the Nets were strapped by Ratner's thrifty mindset. The Nets couldn't compete at the optimal level because they were inhibited by Ratner's presence.

2. The Nets now have the NBA's richest owner (yup, richer than Paul Allen), a smart general manager who's not afraid to make a big move (I'm aware that King has made some mistakes in the past) and a good coach who stresses defense. The Nets used to have one of the worst management groups in the league. They no longer do. They are now among the most innovative franchises in the league, in terms of utilizing new forms of technology to effectively evaluate players' worth. They are one of the only NBA teams who possess sole ownership of a D-League team (essentially, like a minor league team in baseball). And they will soon have the NBA's most luxurious and advanced arena in a great market. These are not your same ol' Nets.

3. Although Manhattan is the best borough in New York, Brooklyn is the most unique. It is, by far, the largest borough in the city; it is the most diverse; and it is the most prideful. It is a borough that has been yearning for a sports franchise since the Dodgers left in 1957. The Knicks own New York in terms of fan interest because they serve as the only option -- no one from New York (except idiots like me, of course) is going to root for a team that plays in New Jersey. When the Nets move to Brooklyn, things will be different.

4. The Knicks are one of the most overrated teams in the history of sports in terms of their level of success. The Knicks may be one of the NBA's oldest franchises, but they're not a storied one. They've won two championships (one in 1970 and the other in 1973) and have been fairly mediocre aside from that. The Nets have two championships (one in 1974 and the other in 1976), but nobody cares because they were won in the ABA. The last time the Knicks won an NBA playoff game, LeBron James was in his sophomore year of high school; Dwight Howard was a freshman. The Knicks are the only team in the NBA to not win a playoff game in the last decade (the Bobcats weren't founded until 2004). The Nets have won 43 playoff games since the Knicks won their last one.

5. Many Knicks fans like to paint the comparison between the Knicks and the Nets as one similar to that of the Yankees and the Mets. The only problem is, it's a horrible comparison. The Yankees are, by far, the most successful team in the history of baseball. The Knicks are mediocre, at best. A better comparison is that of the Chicago Cubs and White Sox. There will always be more Cubs fans, but not because of success. There is enough room for two teams in New York City; the Yankees and the Mets have proved that. People don't care about the Nets, but it's not due to lack of success; it's because they play in New Jersey. Location, location, location.

And i wouldn't be suprised if deron signed with dallas for less money, his hometown, and more of chance of winning a tittle and I think the new cba will put a hard salary cap down, so the bigger markets won't be so dominating.

The Mavericks will not have any cap-space. I'm not talking "they'll only have five million." They literally will not have more than the MLE. They have roster spots to fill and it's looking very likely that they'll resign Tyson Chandler. Now, if the new CBA raises the salary cap to about $75 million then maybe they'll get Deron Williams. However, we all know that's not going to happen.

futureman
06-06-2011, 01:48 PM
He's going to the Clippers.

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Just don't be suprised if the nets aren't in the playoffs for some time. just cause there owner is the richest dosn't guarntee they will be the best, it up to billy king to make or break that franchise in the upcoming years, I just don't see them doing it. I have family in brooklyn, and they have always been die hard knicks fans. so I bet the brooklyn would have split fans. I don't see avery johnson doing that well either, he is a better assitant, he did well one season in dallas, but that was because of the players, then they sent him packing. but if the knicks get cp3 they could have the subway battle cp3 vs dwill could be exciting. but i bet the knicks do alot better over the next decade than the new jersey/brooklyn nets. I see philly getting alot better and atlanta in the eastern confrence maybe even charlotte but not NJ, hopefully they prove me wrong, but i just don't see it. and humpries is overatted but lopez is beast, if anyone carries that team besides dwill it will be lopez he will be great, hopefully they don't trade him

llemon
06-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Just don't be suprised if the nets aren't in the playoffs for some time. just cause there owner is the richest dosn't guarntee they will be the best, it up to billy king to make or break that franchise in the upcoming years, I just don't see them doing it. I have family in brooklyn, and they have always been die hard knicks fans. so I bet the brooklyn would have split fans. I don't see avery johnson doing that well either, he is a better assitant, he did well one season in dallas, but that was because of the players, then they sent him packing. but if the knicks get cp3 they could have the subway battle cp3 vs dwill could be exciting. but i bet the knicks do alot better over the next decade than the new jersey/brooklyn nets. I see philly getting alot better and atlanta in the eastern confrence maybe even charlotte but not NJ, hopefully they prove me wrong, but i just don't see it. and humpries is overatted but lopez is beast, if anyone carries that team besides dwill it will be lopez he will be great, hopefully they don't trade him

Understood and right back atcha. True Net fans hate the Knicks and their fans.

JOSKOMANG4
06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Nets are gonna make moves.

llemon
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Nets are gonna make moves.

Wish they had more knowledgeable guys running the show.

King P
06-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Fair points.
4. The Knicks are one of the most overrated teams in the history of sports in terms of their level of success. The Knicks may be one of the NBA's oldest franchises, but they're not a storied one. They've won two championships (one in 1970 and the other in 1973) and have been fairly mediocre aside from that. The Nets have two championships (one in 1974 and the other in 1976), but nobody cares because they were won in the ABA. The last time the Knicks won an NBA playoff game, LeBron James was in his sophomore year of high school; Dwight Howard was a freshman. The Knicks are the only team in the NBA to not win a playoff game in the last decade (the Bobcats weren't founded until 2004). The Nets have won 43 playoff games since the Knicks won their last one.
:clap::clap::clap:

I've been saying this for years. That's why I hate in when Knick fans try to **** on the Nets when historically they have not been much better.

They try to compare the Knicks to the Yankees and the Nets to the Mets. What a horrible comparison. A Jets/Giants comparison might be a little more accurate.

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
The Nets are in a position to make moves and please Deron. The situation is not similar to ORL at all since ORL is in no position to make moves. Jameer Nelson and Ryan Anderson can only get you so much and with no cap space.. they are doomed. I think Dwight knows this. Thats why he vowed to saty if the Magic can get him help.. cuz he knows that its pretty much impossible

DoMeFavors
06-06-2011, 02:23 PM

If Deron can go to the WCF with the Jazz and Boozer he can be sucessful with Brook Lopez and the 20 million in cap space they have to spend. The Nets made a deal with Utah get over it, the Jazz got Devin Harris and his 40 games a year and a bust in Favors so I can say the Nets got the best of that deal.

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Derrick Favors is not a bust. He is 19. Devin Harris is a talented PG that i wish would get traded to the Lakers. That would be an ideal situation for him imo. The GS pick is in a stacked draft that could very well land the Jazz a player like Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones or Austin Rivers. The Nets 2011 pick will probably get them Enes Kanter who is an absolute beast and had an impressive showing with his athletic measurements. Lets not pretend that the Nets didnt give up a lot for Deron who could very well leave (even thou i doubt he will).

Master Mind
06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
My god he stinks

I actually think he's good...

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
I would say that was a pretty even trade, I think it suprised deron a little bit. but the jazz pretty much traded for the future, I think Derrick Favors will be a beast. all I'm saying is will see if the nets management will ruin or expand this francise. it will be interesting to see. it would be alot different if they some how had melo and dwill lol. I just don't why people think howard to the nets is a done deal, as far as i am concerned he is staying in orlando or going to the lakers.

King P
06-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Who is saying Howard to the Nets is a done deal? Nobody is even giving them a shot.

There's a site where it lets you see what Howard would look like in another team jersey. And they don't have the Nets as an option. But they have The Harlem Globetrotters, And1 Streetball, Flint Tropics, and a WNBA teams as an option :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I would say that was a pretty even trade, I think it suprised deron a little bit. but the jazz pretty much traded for the future, I think Derrick Favors will be a beast. all I'm saying is will see if the nets management will ruin or expand this francise. it will be interesting to see. it would be alot different if they some how had melo and dwill lol. I just don't why people think howard to the nets is a done deal, as far as i am concerned he is staying in orlando or going to the lakers.

I dont think its a done deal but it makes sense, all these stars are teaming up and Deron doesnt have a star to team up with same with Dwight its the new thing in the NBA. Nets have pieces that Orlando might want and can take a bad contract from them. In orlando how can they progress they are in cap hell and no room to improve unless they trade Jameer and who is that getting them? I dont see the Lakers because they are getting older and who would Orlando get back from them? Injury prone Bynum? The only reason I dont think Dwight will be a Net is because I dont see Orlando trading him to a Eastern Conference Team. He could end up in OKC or Clippers.

Mobsterkel
06-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Just Read this http://dimemag.com/2011/05/report-dwight-howard-may-soon-sign-extension-in-orlando/

I bet dwight Stays in Orlando. They made trade up in the draft too. Orlando will be contenders for years to come, but i really think dwight stays. I think he and van gundy have patched it up. especially if they also trade for steve nash, thats just a rumor but that would make orlando sick. I know mark cuban has had his eyes set on d-will for a while so will see if he ends up in dallas at one point or another. I think the jazz will try and replace d-will with this draft pick probably bknight or kemba walker. if golden state bombs next year the jazz could luck out again. But I could see the nets maybe getting kirilenko or andrew bynum as free agents but not d howard, and there is no one else that is really big name besides cp3 and brook lopez, i guess there is K love but i think he either stays or goes to the lakers. If the nets don't make the playoffs the next two years then d will is gone for sure.

Whomewhome
06-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Dwill is staying put, well he will move from Newark to Brooklyn, but other then that he is staying put

IndiansFan337
06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Williams has his offseason home in Dallas, is From Dallas and want to be a maverick after his contract is up, he was disappointed about be traded to new jersey, and may bolt, I think his first choice is Dallas.

The problem with that theory is that Dallas is over the cap and therefore cannot offer him fair market value as a F/A.

They could acquire him in a S&T, assuming the new CBA does not have a hard cap. But that also would be tricky since they don't have a lot of young talent other than Roddy B. I don't know that him + draft picks would be enough to convince NJN to agree to a S&T.

Whomewhome
06-06-2011, 10:25 PM
The problem with that theory is that Dallas is over the cap and therefore cannot offer him fair market value as a F/A.

They could acquire him in a S&T, assuming the new CBA does not have a hard cap. But that also would be tricky since they don't have a lot of young talent other than Roddy B. I don't know that him + draft picks would be enough to convince NJN to agree to a S&T.
NJ won't deal with Dallas again. I feel like we got the short end of the stick after all on the Jason Kidd deal. Devin Harris was seriously overrated

Mobsterkel
06-07-2011, 02:28 PM
If NJ dosn't have a winning team in two years Williams will be gone it may not be dallas. I just don't see the nets being a sucessfull francise, the only reason they went to the finals those two years and got there butts kicked royaly is because is the east was so dman weak back then, they had j kidd in his prime, and Van horn, and kittles, but anyone in the east playing a western team was screwed. The nets I think in the long run will loose out on this trade because williams hates loosing, and dos'nt mind a pay cut to win. All I am saying look the Jazz were worried that he would sign somewhere else, i think NJ should be concerned with that as well, because they have alot more pressure to win now, especially with the last couple years they have had. if they do not get another role player for lopez and williams one of those two guys are gone. why do u think melo refused to play for that francise. they just don't have what it takes. they make too many stupid desicions and don't care about it. and know most people in brroklyn are knicks fans, My guess is that people will still root for the knicks over the nets even if they move to brooklyn. good luck i just don't see the nets going anywhere for a long long time.

Mobsterkel
06-07-2011, 02:31 PM
and the East is getting alot stronger, with Miami,Chicago,Orlando, Boston sill has a chance, and Atl, even the Knicks, that is something that could push them down if they don't sign another big name or get someone in a trade. they can't keep up with compeition.

DoMeFavors
06-07-2011, 02:59 PM
If NJ dosn't have a winning team in two years Williams will be gone it may not be dallas. I just don't see the nets being a sucessfull francise, the only reason they went to the finals those two years and got there butts kicked royaly is because is the east was so dman weak back then, they had j kidd in his prime, and Van horn, and kittles, but anyone in the east playing a western team was screwed. The nets I think in the long run will loose out on this trade because williams hates loosing, and dos'nt mind a pay cut to win. All I am saying look the Jazz were worried that he would sign somewhere else, i think NJ should be concerned with that as well, because they have alot more pressure to win now, especially with the last couple years they have had. if they do not get another role player for lopez and williams one of those two guys are gone. why do u think melo refused to play for that francise. they just don't have what it takes. they make too many stupid desicions and don't care about it. and know most people in brroklyn are knicks fans, My guess is that people will still root for the knicks over the nets even if they move to brooklyn. good luck i just don't see the nets going anywhere for a long long time.

You cant give a team 8 years ago credit because they made the finals? Im sorry but to me it seems like you have something against the Nets, and I feel bad for you. Ill pray for you. Teams go through highs and lows, 3 years ago Heat was a 14 win team now they in the FInals. The owner has already said he will do anything to get a winning team here, Billy King is letting Deron handpick his players. Who cares if people still root for Knicks over Nets when they move to Brooklyn? Is that really a major problem, as long as the franchise is winning there is no problem. Your paragraph is nothing but ignorant and you sound clueless. Nets have plenty of cap space, draft picks, a rich owner and a superstar pg to help the franchise grow.