PDA

View Full Version : Sehawks workouts

DuckHawk
06-05-2011, 11:19 AM
A few things to take away from the team workouts taking place at UW. Justin Forsett is emerging as a leader and a player favorite. Also it doesn't look like Mike Williams has been using the lockout to revert back to his former bust self:

"Okay…," the slightly exasperated-sounding Williams said. "The six hours of cardio is 2 hours of football workouts, and then it's two different sessions of basketball. It's not just me doing my Lance Armstrong [stuff]. It's just that everyone assumed, 'Oh, with all this time off and his attitude, he's gonna be fat again. Well, good luck with that. But I'm here, and I'm having a good time, and let's get back to work."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Seahawks-lead-player-workouts-with-labor-issues-?urn=nfl-wp2365&active_dimension=carousel_ept_sports_nfl_experts&ysp_frm_woah=1

furmat60
06-05-2011, 02:51 PM
I love how he just immediately just shuts their accusations down. Good on him. Good to see our players stepping up and working out!

ccg34
06-05-2011, 02:59 PM
What do you guys think about Hasselbeck leading the off season workouts? Is this a sign that he will come back?

FWBrodie
06-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I think it's just a desperate Hasselbeck make the correct strategic move.

CubbieSteve
06-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Spelling fail

DuckHawk
06-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Spelling fail

your a little late. But thanks for stating the obvious.

CHAWKSFLYNHGH
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Good for Hass, this shows that he is 100% committed and that he is still the leader on our team. I welcome him with open arms... And if my Brother was here today "RIP" he would agree to give our leader Mathew Hasselbeck another chance to redeem and take us as far as he can. When a man is willing to lead a team when he doesnt have a contract to keep him motivated then he is a true captain.

furmat60
06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Good for Hass, this shows that he is 100% committed and that he is still the leader on our team. I welcome him with open arms... And if my Brother was here today "RIP" he would agree to give our leader Mathew Hasselbeck another chance to redeem and take us as far as he can. When a man is willing to lead a team when he doesnt have a contract to keep him motivated then he is a true captain.

I couldn't agree with you more. The longer the lockout continues, the more likely it is that Matt will be under center.

shen
06-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Matt even admitted Justin is one responsible for the workouts yet people like John Clayton (who has the biggest man crush in history on Matt) are trying to give credit to Matt. Not a cool thing to do.

Nwsports22
06-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Matt even admitted Justin is one responsible for the workouts yet people like John Clayton (who has the biggest man crush in history on Matt) are trying to give credit to Matt. Not a cool thing to do.

I think Dilfer has Clayton beat on that one.

shen
06-09-2011, 02:51 AM
I think Dilfer has Clayton beat on that one.

Got me on that one.

shen
06-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think it speaks a lot about Matt's character that he is there and all that. However Matt himself admits that it is Justin doing it and yet that is the only mention of Justin. The rest of the article was about Matt this and Matt that. I just feel that was in poor taste and a clear show of biased and trying to cram a player down our throats.

furmat60
06-10-2011, 12:49 AM
A "back up" running back leading workouts isn't a story, but a veteran QB in need of a job being a team leader is. It's what sells man.

shen
06-10-2011, 07:01 PM
I know, controversy sells, does not make it right though.

furmat60
06-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I know, controversy sells, does not make it right though.

I completely agree with you.