PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Pulling for Big D

Holydiver
06-05-2011, 09:00 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6614490

By Rick Reilly
ESPN.com

Dirk Nowitzki & Jason Kidd
Beating the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals will be challenging for the Dallas Mavericks, but rooting for Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd? That's easy.

MIAMI -- Pull for Dallas to win these NBA Finals because Miami will get forklifts of rings someday. This might be Dallas' last chance.

Pull for Dallas because it got screwed in the 2006 Finals worse than Bartman. To lose to the same team five years later would be tantamount to basketball waterboarding.

Pull for Dallas because Mark Cuban hasn't opened his mouth once.

Pull for Dallas because Dirk Nowitzki deserves this title more than anybody else on the floor, more than LeBron James, more than Dwyane Wade.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki stayed with his team, never took his talents anywhere but to the damn gym every day.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki has stuck it out through 13 seasons so far with this one team, stuck it out through all those depressing playoff springs, all those one-and-dones, all those words people called him -- "loser" "choker" "soft" -- stuck it out even when Steve Nash left, leaving Nowitzki with a lot of nobodies and some mops.

Pull for Dallas because when you ask Nowitzki why he didn't bolt the way everybody else does, he simply says, "Because this is where my heart is."

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki didn't try to win a title the new way, didn't pick the best kids on the playground and take on everybody else, didn't get a bunch of super-human friends and schedule himself a ring, like you might a kegger or your birthday party.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki has this crazy idea about trying to win one the old fashioned way, by getting better.

Pull for Dallas because James is so heaven-sent talented that he'll get more than his share of rings before he's done.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki is much closer to done than starting now.

Pull for Dallas because 38-year-old Jason Kidd deserves one, too, despite what he says. "I want this more for Dirk than for me," says Kidd, who's played in three decades -- 17 years -- in this league without champagne in his hair. "All the work Dirk's put in, all the time. Man he deserves it more than anybody on this team. Plus, if he gets it, that means I get one too, right?"

Pull for Dallas because Kidd is the guy everybody likes, the Ray Bourque of the NBA, the one everybody wants to see hold the trophy over his head someday. If he doesn't win it now, in his third Finals try, he'll never win it.

Pull for Dallas because it has the best locker room in the NBA, not a whiner among them. There are more good guys in that room than in some divisions.

Pull for Dallas because it doesn't do pre-championship celebrations. Dallas has this crazy notion that you should actually hold the trophy in your hands before you throw the parade. Wouldn't it be nice to give them one?

Pull for these Dallas Mavericks because the way things are going, the Dallas Cowboys may never win a title again.

Pull for Dallas because it's clear they're the underdogs in this, sort of the way a squirrel is the underdog vs. an owl. You knew that after Tuesday night's Game 1, the way LeBron James was flying over people like Air Florida and Dwyane Wade was dazzling everybody else, the way he does in NBA Finals. You knew that the way they pulled away to that win in Game 1.

Pull for Dallas because its best player, Nowitzki, has a torn tendon in his left middle finger now and yet never once blinked when we asked if he'll keep playing.

Pull for Dallas because it's not about The Decision. It's about one team taking the easy way to a title and another team taking a way that just keeps getting harder.

Pull for Dallas, because, my God, how many good things can happen to Pat Riley in one lifetime?

Caution1011
06-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Rick Reilly is a tool lmao. What a joke

BALLER R
06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Watch the heat fans start complaining and talking all kind of garbage now...but i do like his point about miami will get their but this might be dallas' last chance.

ldawg
06-05-2011, 09:49 AM
He ha s some real vaild points I am rooting for Dallas too.

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 09:51 AM
When did Championships become a charity case?

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Where were these articles when Kobe was winning back to back rings?

JordansBulls
06-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Beating the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals will be challenging for the Dallas Mavericks, but rooting for Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd? That's easy.

MIAMI -- Pull for Dallas to win these NBA Finals because Miami will get forklifts of rings someday. This might be Dallas' last chance.

This is what I have been saying.

JordansBulls
06-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Well they played the Magic when Dwight was 23 and then the Celtics last year who there big 3 already had a title.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Around the same time super teams were created in 1 offseason. People will Hate the Heat more than the Lakers, Celtics or any other dominant team because they conspired to create this. Nobody has ever seen a team created like this. An MVP, superstar, and all star all join forces in free agency to run the table. Lakers getting older as well as Celtics so nobody really could dream of stopping them realistically. With no1 to rival them the competitiveness factor is awful and seems like the easy way to a chip. Only the fan base who supports them would not look at it that way. Understandable tho. If I was a Heat fan I wouldn't care either.

BALLER R
06-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Around the same time super teams were created in 1 offseason. People will Hate the Heat more than the Lakers, Celtics or any other dominant team because they conspired to create this. Nobody has ever seen a team created like this. An MVP, superstar, and all star all join forces in free agency to run the table. Lakers getting older as well as Celtics so nobody really could dream of stopping them realistically. With no1 to rival them the competitiveness factor is awful and seems like the easy way to a chip. Only the fan base who supports them would not look at it that way. Understandable tho. If I was a Heat fan I wouldn't care either.

this

Mr Haha
06-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Great article. If I wasn't pulling for Dallas before, I am now.

theheatles
06-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Pull for Dallas because Kidd is the guy everybody likes, the Ray Bourque of the NBA, the one everybody wants to see hold the trophy over his head someday. If he doesn't win it now, in his third Finals try, he'll never win it.

this is the only reason why i would root for dallas if the heat weren't in the finals, everything else rick reilly says in this article is pretty much complete ****

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Championships aren't guaranteed...

Tom Stone
06-05-2011, 10:32 AM
What I love is they whole world, has joined forces to defeat the Miami big three....I haven't seen a situation bring everyone together like this ever......Let's go dirk

xxplayerxx23
06-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I want dallas to win Because I like jason Kidd every since he was in NJ. I want to see him and Dirk win one.

Dash
06-05-2011, 10:45 AM
and Miami fans begin to chirp...

WadeCounty
06-05-2011, 10:45 AM
talk about repetitive, the guy basically said 4 valid points but just rearranged the words to 4 different sentences for each point. Like somebody said this is no charity case, how about I'm pulling for the heat because im tired of hearing people say they're just as good as lebron because he has no rings :eyebrow:

DoJoTheSlasher
06-05-2011, 10:54 AM

this is the only reason why i would root for dallas if the heat weren't in the finals, everything else rick reilly says in this article is pretty much complete ****

So everything he said about Dirk is complete ****? When do you hear Dirk bragging in the media? After they won the WCF Dirk went to the locker room, he didn't celebrate on the floor for 20 minutes like Miami did. Dirk is the hardest worker on the floor, much harder working than Bron or Wade.

Dash
06-05-2011, 11:10 AM
They should Pull for them too.

metsbulls1025
06-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I guess this is more of haters gonna gonna hate. :rolleyes:

All they are saying is Dirk and Kidd have been around a while and have failed to get a ring. It is easy to cheer for them because this may be their last chance to get one.

I fail to see how the company who wrote this article hates the Heat while they have been doing the Heat index all year long.

Hellcrooner
06-05-2011, 11:21 AM
no one derserves Jack.
You earn it.

theheatles
06-05-2011, 11:29 AM
So everything he said about Dirk is complete ****? When do you hear Dirk bragging in the media? After they won the WCF Dirk went to the locker room, he didn't celebrate on the floor for 20 minutes like Miami did. Dirk is the hardest worker on the floor, much harder working than Bron or Wade.

yeah everything else was complete **** for reasons why you should pull for dallas, who cares that mark cuban has been quiet, that rick reilly thinks dirk deserves it more than LeBron, or because dirk wasn't as heavenly blessed as LeBron and that dirk wants it more...it's all complete and utter ****...all baseless and mindless opinion of a guy that hates the heat

Pull for these Dallas Mavericks because the way things are going, the Dallas Cowboys may never win a title again.
...are you fcking serious? who cares other than dallas fans

like i said only reason to root for dallas is so kidd can hoist that trophy, but since he's playing the heat there's no reason for me to root for that

theheatles
06-05-2011, 11:31 AM
I guess this is more of haters gonna gonna hate. :rolleyes:

All they are saying is Dirk and Kidd have been around a while and have failed to get a ring. It is easy to cheer for them because this may be their last chance to get one.

I fail to see how the company who wrote this article hates the Heat while they have been doing the Heat index all year long.

lol the company plays both sides, they have writers pro heat and have writers that hate the heat...the company doesn't write the articles, writers do :facepalm:

Raoul Duke
06-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Mavs are cool, but BSPN is gonna give them bad mojo with all this support.

HELLCROONER!!!!!!... that's a nice looking p-bass m'man. Fiesta red w/... parchment pickguard? Is that correct? Looks hot with the maple board, too. Good choice.

Hellcrooner
06-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Mavs are cool, but BSPN is gonna give them bad mojo with all this support.

HELLCROONER!!!!!!... that's a nice looking p-bass m'man. Fiesta red w/... parchment pickguard? Is that correct? Looks hot with the maple board, too. Good choice.

Anodyzed gold pickguard

Tmath
06-05-2011, 11:42 AM

Championships aren't guaranteed...

talk about repetitive, the guy basically said 4 valid points but just rearranged the words to 4 different sentences for each point. Like somebody said this is no charity case, how about I'm pulling for the heat because im tired of hearing people say they're just as good as lebron because he has no rings :eyebrow:

yeah everything else was complete **** for reasons why you should pull for dallas, who cares that mark cuban has been quiet, that rick reilly thinks dirk deserves it more than LeBron, or because dirk wasn't as heavenly blessed as LeBron and that dirk wants it more...it's all complete and utter ****...all baseless and mindless opinion of a guy that hates the heat

...are you fcking serious? who cares other than dallas fans

like i said only reason to root for dallas is so kidd can hoist that trophy, but since he's playing the heat there's no reason for me to root for that

lol the company plays both sides, they have writers pro heat and have writers that hate the heat...the company doesn't write the articles, writers do :facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

unleashthebeast
06-05-2011, 11:50 AM
:laugh2: You have to love the last line about Pat Riley

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 11:53 AM
no one derserves Jack.
You earn it.

This.

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 11:54 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

:facepalm:

See I can do it too...

Holydiver
06-05-2011, 11:56 AM
This.

See I can do it too...

you need to learn about the multi quote button

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 11:58 AM
you need to learn about the multi quote button

I'm sorry is this multi quote button mandatory?

:eyebrow:

Shareeb_omac2
06-05-2011, 12:07 PM
The Heatards in this thread are confusing rooting for the Mavericks as "letting them win" somehow.

And it's the most ironic thing in the world to hear you Heat fans to talk about "earning" a title. You did the closest thing to being given a title when you signed the best player in the game, resigned the 3rd best player, and signed that drag queen dinosaur.

I'm sure 75% of the Heat's fan base use to trash Lebron because you all actually believed Wade was better. You guys are going to be the joke of the NBA for years to come.

jrm2054
06-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I really think Kidd deserves one

Shareeb_omac2
06-05-2011, 12:16 PM

I'm sorry but is bold font mandatory?

Doesn't make the nonsense you spew anymore obvious or important...

pd1dish
06-05-2011, 12:17 PM

i dont like him either. as soon as i saw that it was by Rick Reilly, i didnt even want to bother reading it.

Ollie Tabooger
06-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Good read, but the MAVS will earn it when they beat the heat.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-05-2011, 12:59 PM
"Pull for Dallas because Mark Cuban hasn't open his mouth once."
Micky Arison hasn't opened his mouth once either. Nor has the Godfather Pat Riley said anything to boast about his recent accomplishments.

That being said I agree with most of his points. I would probably pull for Dallas if I were not a Heat fan primarily because I like Jason Kidd.

HAWKS.NO27
06-05-2011, 01:23 PM

No, but Master Mind you must think the BOLD button is mandatory!?!

:D

3Blueforyou
06-05-2011, 01:31 PM

It's not, Dallas will still have to earn every game they win. It's simply who to root for, as unless we are at the game we hold zero influence on the game even then how much do fans make and impact?

nickdymez
06-05-2011, 02:27 PM

Your mad because your a heat fan.. Its ok, we all understand

k.smith904
06-05-2011, 02:41 PM

when did rooting for a team dictate a championship?

nickdymez
06-05-2011, 02:42 PM
no one derserves Jack.
You earn it.

Its really not earning it when the MVP of the league calls the second or third best player in the league and another top 10-15 player in the league and ask to "Join forces"... Its ghey

SteBO
06-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Its really not earning it when the MVP of the league calls the second or third best player in the league and another top 10-15 player in the league and ask to "Join forces"... Its ghey
The NBA has had stars united to win championships for years and years, so I don't know where you're going with this exactly. Dallas has the perfect mix of players together, which is a rarity in the NBA. It's the best mix I've seen since the '04 Pistons team to be honest.

Illinirob83
06-05-2011, 02:54 PM
People can pull for whomever they want. Miami fans, your team is unlikeable by most of everyone outside of Miami, how have you not gotten that at this point? People don't like the Heat, it's ok. No one is telling actual Heat fans to stop rooting for their team, If you don't like the Heat that doesn't make you a hater, it simply means you don't like them and would like another franchise/players to win. That's all. Who cares if people are rooting for the other side, why does that matter?

At this point I would like Dirk to win a title, he is one of my favorite players ever. However, if Miami does win, I respect how the Heat play the game. Their defense is to be respected.

kntresistheheat
06-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Everyone is pulling for the mavs, No one is pulling for the heat except true heat fans and of course the bandwagon fans :)

nickdymez
06-05-2011, 03:00 PM
The NBA has had stars united to win championships for years and years, so I don't know where you're going with this exactly. Dallas has the perfect mix of players together, which is a rarity in the NBA. It's the best mix I've seen since the '04 Pistons team to be honest.

I want you to honestly give me an example of when 2 of the 3 best players came together to win a championship.. Heat fans need to own up to the mockery of the game that your players made.. Just own it.. Stop making excuses... Its never happened..

KnicksR4Real
06-05-2011, 03:01 PM
everyone hates the heat...

SteBO
06-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I want you to honestly give me an example of when 2 of the 3 best players came together to win a championship.. Heat fans need to own up to the mockery of the game that your players made.. Just own it.. Stop making excuses... Its never happened..
How it happened means nothing to me. Stars have been on the same team for years, period. It's not an excuse it's reality bud.

Ebbs
06-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I liked the article. He makes some good points but he missed a key one.

Pull for Dallas because if they lose it's bad for the NBA; and it will end an era of hard working loyal superstars. If the Heat win superstars all over will see how Dirk couldn't pull it out with just roll players against a super team. Paul, Deron, Dwight will all head off to various teams of fellow superstars and the NBA will basically become a league with 3 or 4 teams competing. The NBA needs Dallas to prove you can still win the old fashioned way.

SteBO
06-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Pull for Dallas because if they lose it's bad for the NBA; and it will end an era of hard working loyal superstars. If the Heat win superstars all over will see how Dirk couldn't pull it out with just roll players against a super team. Paul, Deron, Dwight will all head off to various teams of fellow superstars and the NBA will basically become a league with 3 or 4 teams competing. The NBA needs Dallas to prove you can still win the old fashioned way.
The fact that you guys are even in the Finals shows that you need to have the right mix players surrounding a suuperstar, which is nearly impossible to do. It includes making the proper trades and drafing right, the latter which is extremely hard to do. It's been a tough road for Dallas, and the fact that they are with just one star shows how just how good of an owner Mark Cuban really is.

Pat Thetic
06-05-2011, 03:25 PM
No one cares what Rick Reilly says. If you do, re-think your life.

nickdymez
06-05-2011, 03:39 PM
How it happened means nothing to me. Stars have been on the same team for years, period. It's not an excuse it's reality bud.

Your duckin what im saying. We all know stars have played together on the same team.. Im sure everyone gets that. I want to know when the top player in the league called the second best player in the league to join up to win... Its pathetic. In the off season, kobe called Raja bell and matt barnes... See the difference there?

TheHighLife
06-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Dallas wins today and their next game. They refuse to lose at home to the heat. They told me.

melllooo
06-05-2011, 03:42 PM
go dallas go, dirk deserves a ring...

Mr Haha
06-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Everyone is pulling for the mavs, No one is pulling for the heat except true heat fans and of course the bandwagon fans :)

So, everyone except Heat fans...

Hellcrooner
06-05-2011, 04:11 PM

whats new botu only 3 or 4 teams competing.?
first 80s lakers, Celtics, Sixers, rockets -Bucks were an after thought.
mid to late 80s lakers, celtics, pistons with rockets, hawks being an aftertought.
90s Bulls .........................and a lot of afterthougths.
first 00s Lakers, Spurs Kings sparring from east.
mid 00s spurs, mavs, Pistons
lately, Lakers, celtics, Spurs, Mavs.

so again, whats new?

nickdymez
06-05-2011, 04:13 PM
whats new botu only 3 or 4 teams competing.?
first 80s lakers, Celtics, Sixers, rockets -Bucks were an after thought.
mid to late 80s lakers, celtics, pistons with rockets, hawks being an aftertought.
90s Bulls .........................and a lot of afterthougths.
first 00s Lakers, Spurs Kings sparring from east.
mid 00s spurs, mavs, Pistons
lately, Lakers, celtics, Spurs, Mavs.

so again, whats new?

I'll tell you what remains constant..... THE LAKERS.....

theheatles
06-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Your duckin what im saying. We all know stars have played together on the same team.. Im sure everyone gets that. I want to know when the top player in the league called the second best player in the league to join up to win... Its pathetic. In the off season, kobe called Raja bell and matt barnes... See the difference there?

...kobe didn't ***** and complain and demand a trade ever, right? oh wait:facepalm:

LA_Raiders
06-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I hope the mavbricks win

jockrider
06-05-2011, 04:52 PM

they're probably good friends who thought it would be fun, your taking this too far its just sports at the end of the day.

its a new concept but it doesn't mean its a mockery times are changing, i also don't think its a difference if players do it via free agency or trade mia had tons of cap space and they got it done.

NYK is trying to do the same they are 2/3 complete so far.

SensandRaps
06-05-2011, 04:53 PM
who isnt cheering for the mavs. not a troll post but with the formation of the big three(2 top 5 players and 1 top 20 player) they became the new team to hate. so naturally in the finals outside of the heat fans most people are cheering for dallas.

theheatles
06-05-2011, 04:55 PM

lakers had 2 of the top 5 players of all time on the same team

stop :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

your teams run is over

have fun with mike brown:rolleyes:

LA_Raiders
06-05-2011, 04:56 PM
...kobe didn't ***** and complain and demand a trade ever, right? oh wait:facepalm:

Demanded? As far as I know he still a Laker... I dont blame him for acting the way he did; playing with smush and kwame for so long...

LA_Raiders
06-05-2011, 04:58 PM
who isnt cheering for the mavs. not a troll post but with the formation of the big three(2 top 5 players and 1 top 20 player) they became the new team to hate. so naturally in the finals outside of the heat fans most people are cheering for dallas.

Thats why the ratings are so high, all NBA fans wanting to see the CHEAT lose...

So far I'm loving it, cant wait to see them cry... again...

lavell12
06-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm only rooting for Dallas because I hate the Heat.

nickdymez
06-05-2011, 05:27 PM
lakers had 2 of the top 5 players of all time on the same team

stop :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

your teams run is over

have fun with mike brown:rolleyes:

Shaq didnt text kobe 3 years before he came telling him to "join forces".. Try again bandwagon heat fan...

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Demanded? As far as I know he still a Laker... I dont blame him for acting the way he did; playing with smush and kwame for so long...

Can you blame Lebron then?

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Shaq didnt text kobe 3 years before he came telling him to "join forces".. Try again bandwagon heat fan...

Oh because you were there when they were texting...Are you a spy?

ldawg
06-05-2011, 05:35 PM
go Mavs hell yeah

theheatles

you moron, i was referring to kareem and magic, but kobe and shaq works just the same...

and kobe demanded a trade before pau came you dumbass, kobe was going to go to the bulls but the bus family backed out...you don't even know anything about your own team :facepalm:

jockrider

lucky he wasn't a free agent that year;)

John Walls Era
06-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I will applaud if they win, but Im not rooting for them because im suppose to feel sorry for them

chi-townlove1
06-05-2011, 05:46 PM
The Heatards in this thread are confusing rooting for the Mavericks as "letting them win" somehow.

And it's the most ironic thing in the world to hear you Heat fans to talk about "earning" a title. You did the closest thing to being given a title when you signed the best player in the game, resigned the 3rd best player, and signed that drag queen dinosaur.

I'm sure 75% of the Heat's fan base use to trash Lebron because you all actually believed Wade was better. You guys are going to be the joke of the NBA for years to come.

this. completely agree.. Heat fans are living in a whole other world right now because they have already promised themselves a title this year. Just like the three did at the beginnin of the season. The bolded, well that is as accurate as a statement your going to get.. if the bulls had signed bron or wade u guys would be saying the same thing about how we handed ourselves the title by gettin a top 3 player in the game. Or if the Lakers somehow manage getting Dwight, then haters will hate and claim they bought the ship. basically u just have to live with the fact that if you win, u guys have not earned this championship. you put 3 top 20 players on a team and told them to go crazy.

nickdymez
06-05-2011, 05:51 PM
you moron, i was referring to kareem and magic, but kobe and shaq works just the same...

and kobe demanded a trade before pau came you dumbass, kobe was going to go to the bulls but the bus family backed out...you don't even know anything about your own team :facepalm:

Hey guys!!! Its another ignorant Heat fan!!!!!!!!! Magic was drafted by the lakers shitstick... Lebron wasnt drafted by the Heat *******.. Kareem didnt call magic at in college and tell him he would go to the team that drafts him, kareem was with the lakers when the lakers drafted him dumb ****... Kobe ALMOST going to the bulls means nothing to me at all... Fact is he stayed with the lakers and WON. Something Lebron can never say.. He can never say he stayed loyal to a team and won.. Hes a *** like you

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 05:53 PM

Regardless of what you said, you still have to play the game. Nothing's promised or given

HesterTrain
06-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Boom goes the dynamite!

John Walls Era
06-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Magic didnt want to play in the nba unless Lakers had first pick. But imma stay out of this

omdigga
06-05-2011, 06:04 PM
i rooted for miami in 2006.. now im gonna root for the mavs.. even stevens..

plus im a hater.. go mavs

JC_
06-05-2011, 06:06 PM
It would be cool to see Dirk win but he's not going to get it handed to him just because he's old and ringless. I hope Miami makes this a good series.

Master Mind
06-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Magic didnt want to play in the nba unless Lakers had first pick. But imma stay out of this

:shush:

cammo17
LeBron heard so much heat about his legacy that he bolted for the first opportunity he saw to take an easy way to the finals. That's why this article does make me want to root for Dirk. It is just as Reilly said, Dirk stuck with this team through thick and thin and never abandoned a franchise that watch him grow into a great player. He had no post moves when he came into the league but continued to work hard and now is a very complete PF. That's why I like what Reilly said about the only decision he made was to take his talents to the gym and work harder. Lebron cant say the same with his immaturity, poor public relations, and lacking the heart to try and overcome a difficult situation by bettering himself. Thats the difference between being respected and cheered to being booed and hated.

KDM1986
It would be cool to see Dirk win but he's not going to get it handed to him just because he's old and ringless. I hope Miami makes this a good series.

Dirk is one of the only players in the league that hasn't had anything handed to him. If anything he has earned everything that has come to him.

nickdymez
06-05-2011, 06:09 PM

So magic was just not gonna play in the nba unless the lakers picked him? hmmmm

xbrackattackx
06-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Pull for Dallas because the heat fans make it even easier to hate the heat

Theheatles must be dnewguys other account..ignorance just flows from that poster.

A thread on Dallas and it's all about the heat,then throw Kobe in for good measure,makes sense?

You guys are mad cause of someone saying root for the underdogs your fan base was tiny last year. now everyone roots for the heat and you guys are butt hurt over this. Get real.

sep11ie
06-05-2011, 06:16 PM
What tattoo did Jason Terry get before the season again?

John Walls Era
06-05-2011, 06:18 PM
So magic was just not gonna play in the nba unless the lakers picked him? hmmmm

Ever hear of staying in college for 1 more year?

nickdymez
06-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Ever hear of staying in college for 1 more year?

What? In hopes that the lakers get the first pick the next year?

JNA17
06-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Everyone is pulling for the mavs, No one is pulling for the heat except for the five heat fans and of course the lebron james fans :)

fixed :).

hyb152
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM

How is he a tool for that? Just because he wants the team playing your heat to win? Dude I want the heat to win too just so the idiot kobe fans would shut up with their ONLY reason kobe is better than lebron is because lebron doesnt have a ring. But Reilly makes good points here. Miami will win their rings for the next few years, but this is Dirk, Kidd, and Peja's last chance to win rings. All 3 of them deserve it. Dirk and Kidd are legends who need a ring and Peja was robbed from a ring by the NBA and the refs in 2002. Lebron and the heat will get plenty of rings in the future, but this is the Mavs last chance.

theheatles
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Hey guys!!! Its another ignorant Heat fan!!!!!!!!! Magic was drafted by the lakers shitstick... Lebron wasnt drafted by the Heat *******.. Kareem didnt call magic at in college and tell him he would go to the team that drafts him, kareem was with the lakers when the lakers drafted him dumb ****... Kobe ALMOST going to the bulls means nothing to me at all... Fact is he stayed with the lakers and WON. Something Lebron can never say.. He can never say he stayed loyal to a team and won.. Hes a *** like you

and wade was drafted by the heat...you draft 1 and add another, stfu, geez your ignoarant and bitter now that your nba team is going to go to ****....i may be an *** but at least i'm not an ignorant dumb fck like you :p

hyb152
06-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Espn may be pulling for dallas, but the NBA isn't. They assigned Dan Crawford to ref tonight. Mavs in trouble perhaps?

hyb152
06-05-2011, 06:26 PM
and wade was drafted by the heat...you draft 1 and add another, stfu, geez your ignoarant and bitter now that your nba team is going to go to ****....i may be an *** but at least i'm not an ignorant dumb fck like you :p

dude ignore nickdymez. she continues to embarrass all laker fans with her ignorance and imcompetence. she's seriously a lost soul in this world because the lakers are out and lebron is proving the doubters wrong. nickdymez has been called out by other laker fans on here for making them look bad too so just ignore her man. she obviously has no idea what she's talking about.

buch88
06-05-2011, 06:27 PM
dude ignore nickdymez. she continues to embarrass all laker fans with her ignorance and imcompetence. she's seriously a lost soul in this world because the lakers are out and lebron is proving the doubters wrong. nickdymez has been called out by other laker fans on here for making them look bad too so just ignore her man. she obviously has no idea what she's talking about.

hahaha nickdymez really is a moron tho. "shitstick" hahahaha that pretty much explains hes just some dumb kid. he may be dumber than that virgin Saddler the Gr8

hyb152
06-05-2011, 06:32 PM
hahaha nickdymez really is a moron tho. "shitstick" hahahaha that pretty much explains hes just some dumb kid. he may be dumber than that virgin Saddler the Gr8

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just posted a few days ago in another thread how I've been seeing people call saddler the gr8 a virgin on here. Why is "she" unanimously known as a virgin on psd now? Haha whatever the case, it's hilarious how so many posters are putting that.

sep11ie
06-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Saddler>>>all of you.

Holydiver
06-12-2011, 11:12 PM
thank God for the Mavs

ne3xchamps
06-12-2011, 11:31 PM
thank God for the Mavs

this. The mavs delivered on being the last hope for all the basketball fans across the nation.(outside of Miami) :clap: