PDA

View Full Version : Demps Dismisses Paul For Westbrook Trade Rumor

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/06/new_orleans_hornets_assistant_5.html

Hornets general manager Dell Demps laughed at Internet speculation there has been trade talks between the Hornets and Oklahoma City Thunder regarding point guards Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook.

“(Thunder GM) Sam Presti and I, our offices used to be right next to each other, so we still text each other all the time, and I can assure you that has not been a conversation we’ve had,” Demps said, cracking a smile as he spoke to reporters.

Presti and Demps worked together in the San Antonio Spurs’ front office for two years before Presti took the job with the Thunder in 2007.

Never had any idea that this rumor even existed. :shrug:

TheHighLife
06-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Why would the Hornets get rid of one of the best point guards in the league for Westbrook?

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Why would the Hornets get rid of one of the best point guards in the league for Westbrook?

They wouldnt, it was apparantly speculated elswhere on the internet, and thats why the hornets gm, dell damps, demisses the rumors. Just for clarrification

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Eh, I would rather have Westbrook

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-04-2011, 02:40 PM
There was a rumor?

kozelkid
06-04-2011, 02:41 PM

Because Westbrook is probably the best they could get without losing Paul for nothing. And that would be a pretty damn good offer, mind you.

KnicksR4Real
06-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Paul would rather play in NY than OKC. I doubt it happens.

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-04-2011, 02:58 PM
I see Cp3 in Orlando with D.Howard

Chapin78
06-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I would take Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Sefalosha, Perkins, a couple of picks for Paul and a bad contract. OKC is not going to do that. Those salaries add up. I would hate to have CP3 leave but for that package I would consider.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-04-2011, 04:33 PM

umm...why?

Cause he wears a knicks jersey on your sig?

Shahrose
06-04-2011, 04:42 PM

lmfao why? Paul is one of the best, or the best pg in the league...

Quietmoney
06-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Paul is the last piece to the knicks puzzle. He'll be a knick and you can bet on that!

nickdymez
06-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Good thing your not a GM

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Paul is the last piece to the knicks puzzle. He'll be a knick and you can bet on that!

thanks captain obvious

metsbulls1025
06-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Besides sex and draft picks 10 years from now what do the Knicks have to offer to get Paul over other teams?

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-04-2011, 05:30 PM

You sir are an idiot.

TO Rapz
06-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Besides sex and draft picks 10 years from now what do the Knicks have to offer to get Paul over other teams?

This is what I ve been trying to tell Knicks fans for so long.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 11:44 PM
There was a rumor?

Yup apparantly it was going around on the internet. I only heared about it once i saw this article.

kozelkid
06-05-2011, 12:04 AM

Well if he wants to join a team that doesn't believe in defense and where he'd make half as much as Melo and Amare, more power to him.

Too bad him joining the Knicks is highly unlikely. Much like Lebron or Bosh joining them.

MrfadeawayJB
06-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Because Westbrook is probably the best they could get without losing Paul for nothing. And that would be a pretty damn good offer, mind you.

this. Paul will leave New Orleans for NY at the end of the season. May as well trade him and get some value. I'm sure paul would be ok with a s&t to okc, and then New Orleans gets a top 10 young pg to rebuild around.

Hiphopopotamus
06-05-2011, 01:03 AM
If CP is out, then Westie is a pretty good return. I mean you never get fair value on these types of trades. So if you are NOLA then at least you get a young talent. Russ would probably thrive being "the man". I mean he could also disintergrate into a TO/chucking machine, but he could also be awesome. He is so young. He just seems like he needs/wants to have the ball in his hands. For OKC you get a classic PG who would probably avg 15 asts/g getting shots for KD and Harden.

Hiphopopotamus
06-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Either way its better then the offer NOLA will get from NYK. I mean what....Toney and 3 futures or soemthing. What do the NYK have to trade? Or is there a way for them to sign him outright?

YourTeamSucks
06-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Do it!

soonabooma
06-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Forget about New York. Nobody wants to play for that organization. Amare and Melo went there simply because they want the spotlight and the money. No other superstars are gonna be heading there any time soon. They got their little lucky acquisitions and it helped get the fan interest back, but that's about as far as it goes. They won't be competing for anything big any time soon. Basically, if Chris Paul had his choice tomorrow between going to NY to play with those two guys or coming HOME to OKC to play with KD, I guarantee you he'd be heading HOME to OKC to help KD lead this young, dangerous group and compete for championships.

JeffG20
06-05-2011, 02:09 AM

Well thats fine and dandy but he really has no say so in where he gets traded, especially if we can get something good in return. NY doesnt have Jack.

MoBASS
06-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I ran into Chris Paul yesterday afternoon outside my gym Sports Club LA. I told him "go to the clippers if you want a ring" and he just smiled haha

SluggeR
06-05-2011, 05:03 PM
CP3 is in control of his own destiny just like Melo was this year. No team is gonna blow the Hornets away with trade pieces if CP3 doesn't agree to sign an extension. Whether he handles things like Melo is yet to be seen.

ManRam
06-05-2011, 05:05 PM
If there is a possibility they can get Russy, and they know CP3 is leaving, they need to make that trade happen. I don't think there is a team that can offer more than OKC can and might be willing to offer.

Besides Nelson for CP3, of course ;)

SluggeR
06-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Forget about New York. Nobody wants to play for that organization. Amare and Melo went there simply because they want the spotlight and the money. No other superstars are gonna be heading there any time soon. They got their little lucky acquisitions and it helped get the fan interest back, but that's about as far as it goes. They won't be competing for anything big any time soon. Basically, if Chris Paul had his choice tomorrow between going to NY to play with those two guys or coming HOME to OKC to play with KD, I guarantee you he'd be heading HOME to OKC to help KD lead this young, dangerous group and compete for championships.

So Durant>>>STAT&Melo?

ldawg
06-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Westbrook for Paul is a darn good trade for both teams.

Shareeb_omac2
06-05-2011, 05:25 PM
So Durant>>>STAT&Melo?

No.

Durant + good team/young roster that plays defense and made it to the western conference finals>>>>>STAT&Melo + terrible Knicks Franchise.

Crackadalic
06-05-2011, 05:26 PM
If westbrook doesnt get a extension before the season starts expect the trade rumors to come full spring

Crackadalic
06-05-2011, 05:27 PM
No.

Durant + good team/young roster that plays defense and made it to the western conference finals>>>>>STAT&Melo + terrible Knicks Franchise.

OKC defense wasnt that good outside of game 3 against dallas i believe

Just stop with the whole Knicks terrible franchise.

SluggeR
06-05-2011, 05:36 PM
No.

You do have enough sense to know that it's gonna take a good amount of that young roster to acquire CP3 don't you?

FriedTofuz
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
If westbrook doesnt get a extension before the season starts expect the trade rumors to come full spring

i dont see why they wouldnt extend him. They just need harden to get better a few more role player pieces and theyre ready to contend for a championship.

dodie53
06-06-2011, 12:55 AM
imo,
Paul > Westbrook

so "NO" to the trade if i were the hornets

JeffG20
06-06-2011, 01:23 AM
imo,
Paul > Westbrook

so "NO" to the trade if i were the hornets

No **** Paul is better, but if he's going to leave Westbrook is probably the best deal they can get

aussie
06-06-2011, 03:28 AM

umm chris pauls HOME is not OKC, his HOME is LEWISVILLE, NC