PDA

View Full Version : Stop saying "we".

marj987
06-04-2011, 01:50 PM
To all you Mavs or Heat fans or any other NBA teams stop saying "we" cause "we" didn't bring none of these teams to the playoffs "we" are not on that floor winning games for no team...."we" just support the "teams" "we" dont do a thing but cheer the team you want to win on....."They" win the games..."we" just support.....That is all.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 01:55 PM
What?:confused:

Storch
06-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Agreed.

AnalyzeNShoot
06-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Its a speech pattern bro, Cant help it

Ebbs
06-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Wrong.

We sat back and watched our teams play all season long hoping and praying for one accomplishment a championship.

We (mavs fans) have watched our team dominate the regular season for a decade but have fallen short of a trophy to commemorate our efforts.

We mavs fans have heard how Dirk is never as good as so and so how we will never win with a bunch of jumpshooters etc. And here we are.

We may not be on the court but we commit our time and effort to watch and cheer on our teams so why can't we say we?

Chi StateOfMind
06-04-2011, 01:59 PM
w/e (whatever)

TheHighLife
06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
This is like my mom saying "you guys" when I did nothing wrong.

Chi StateOfMind
06-04-2011, 02:03 PM
To all you Mavs or Heat fans or any other NBA teams stop saying "we" cause "we" didn't bring none of these teams to the playoffs "we" are not on that floor winning games for no team...."we" just support the "teams" "we" dont do a thing but cheer the team you want to win on....."They" win the games..."we" just support.....That is all.

The little kid in your sig looks like a bootleg Jabawockee member.

gilly
06-04-2011, 02:03 PM
This is ridiculous and pedantic and to be honest, a bit pathetic.

If you truly support a team, you love them, then you should feel 'a part of' what the franchise is doing. I say we about all my teams. Over the years of supporting West Ham, for example, I can honestly say I have contributed thousands of pounds, as well as days' worth of hours into going up to watch them play, and someone comes on here and says I can't be a part of that and that I have to refer to them as something I have nothing to do with, as 'they'? Get the **** out mate, you have no idea what it is to support a sports team.

Big Zo
06-04-2011, 02:06 PM
It's dorky as hell, and I refrain from doing it as much as possible, but even I slip up and say it every now and then. lol.

Hellcrooner
06-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Wrong.

You bought the Jersey.
You payed for attending the games.
You payed for Pay per view.
You payed for this or that Merchandisign of your team.

so YOU are PAYING your teams players salary, a portion of it, no matter how tiny so yes you are entitled to say WE this or WE that.

Hellcrooner
06-04-2011, 02:08 PM

If you truly support a team, you love them, then you should feel 'a part of' what the franchise is doing. I say we about all my teams. Over the years of supporting West Ham, for example, I can honestly say I have contributed thousands of pounds, as well as days' worth of hours into going up to watch them play, and someone comes on here and says I can't be a part of that and that I have to refer to them as something I have nothing to do with, as 'they'? Get the **** out mate, you have no idea what it is to support a sports team.

yep.

And sorry for the hammers.
Youll be back next year :)

Holydiver
06-04-2011, 02:08 PM
all the band wagon Heat fans say WE, OUR and US like they play besides Wade, Bosh and Lebron. It is funny to say the least.

Last year I'm sure they were rooting for the Lakers and the year before that the Lakers and the year before that the Celtics

FLMeth06
06-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Yes. We. Did.

Big Zo
06-04-2011, 02:18 PM
all the band wagon Heat fans say WE, OUR and US like they play besides Wade, Bosh and Lebron. It is funny to say the least.

Last year I'm sure they were rooting for the Lakers and the year before that the Lakers and the year before that the Celtics

I know! And they probably don't listen to crappy 80's metal bands or have receding hairlines with ponytails, either! Durp dee durp!

montybeasty
06-04-2011, 02:26 PM

Who are you to tell us what we can and cannot say ? The players say "our fans" and to me that makes us part of them right ? Until Mark Cuban, Dirk, and the rest of the guys come out and say , " we don't want our fans saying we because we got us here not our fans ", I'll continue to say we .

SirDJ
06-04-2011, 02:31 PM
is wades mom entitled to say we?

Master Mind
06-04-2011, 02:33 PM

Just shut up

koLohe2133
06-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Lebron's mom can....

Master Mind
06-04-2011, 02:34 PM
What's the point of being a fan then

BlondeBomber41
06-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Wrong.

You bought the Jersey.

so YOU are PAYING your teams players salary, a portion of it, no matter how tiny so yes you are entitled to say WE this or WE that.

Holy crap, there really is a first time for everything. I actually agree with Hellcrooner.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-04-2011, 02:39 PM
cool story.

/thread

TO Rapz
06-04-2011, 02:39 PM
:facepalm:

championships
06-04-2011, 02:40 PM

Wrong.

You bought the Jersey.

This.

We(the fans) fill the seats, pay the outrages ticket prices, buy the insane priced jerseys and merchandise, Boost the T.V. ratings allowing the NBA to sign lucrative tv deals.

All leading up to our teams being able to pay the players on the court that we love to watch. Without the fans filling the seats, these players and teams are nothing and would go bankrupt.

So yes, the fans can say WE!

king4day
06-04-2011, 02:40 PM
If you don't say 'we', then you are either not a die hard fan, or just don't understand sports. Better not to try then.

Big Zo
06-04-2011, 02:42 PM
When people go see a movie, does the audience ever say "we made a good movie" because the studios profited from their money?

210Don
06-04-2011, 02:45 PM
ill say we all i want; you dont say it.

Chi StateOfMind
06-04-2011, 02:46 PM
This.

We(the fans) fill the seats, pay the outrages ticket prices, buy the insane priced jerseys and merchandise, Boost the T.V. ratings allowing the NBA to sign lucrative tv deals.

All leading up to our teams being able to pay the players on the court that we love to watch. Without the fans filling the seats, these players and teams are nothing and would go bankrupt.

So yes, the fans can say WE!

This. I believe the fans earn their right to say "we".

PhillyFaninLA
06-04-2011, 02:50 PM
WE fans have more of a stake in OUR teams then any player, coach, or owner ever will have in OUR team so WE should say WE because its in the love and passion sports fans have.

True fans should feel that level of ownership in a team, especially since WE where here before them and will be here after.

And seriously why make a topic this, I really want to know why this is thread worthy.

KnicksR4Real
06-04-2011, 02:56 PM
dummest thread ever

Hawkeye15
06-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I disagree. WE pay their salary. WE root for them and defend them regardless of how bad or good they are. WE are the reason they even have a career making millions playing a child's game.

I will continue to use "WE" when referring to my Wolves forever. And my Hawkeyes, Texans, and Yankees.

Sorry, I think its a fan's right to feel they belong as part of the team when they invest so much time and effort into following and cheering for them.

It also makes it that much better when you feel like this, when your team finally wins a championship.

JuS ViBe
06-04-2011, 02:57 PM

Lol I thought I was the only one who thought like that...but in a way fans do support their team and if they don't, that team going to another city.

mttwlsn16
06-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Wrong.

You bought the Jersey.

bingo, +1

SeoulBeatz
06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Wrong.

We sat back and watched our teams play all season long hoping and praying for one accomplishment a championship.

We (mavs fans) have watched our team dominate the regular season for a decade but have fallen short of a trophy to commemorate our efforts.

We mavs fans have heard how Dirk is never as good as so and so how we will never win with a bunch of jumpshooters etc. And here we are.

We may not be on the court but we commit our time and effort to watch and cheer on our teams so why can't we say we?

100% agree with this.

tmacsc2
06-04-2011, 03:04 PM
I say we all the time, its just what comes outta my mouth when i talk about my teams! I have vested into The Seattle Mariners and Denver Broncos my whole life so i feel like i am apart of that organization! Stop being nit picky over nothing your acting like a 6th grader who knows english very well! lol

Stuckey#3
06-04-2011, 03:08 PM

STFU and stop telling "us" how to support "our" teams. Get the thorn out of your ***. I have been a Pistons fan since I could walk and if you were in Detroit in 88-90 and 04 you would know that they wouldn't win **** without the support of their fans. That goes for most if not all teams. Also after your team wins a title something happens to the city... it kind of becomes electric for a few days... and that feeling is a sense of accomplishment; not just for the players but for the city itself...

championships
06-04-2011, 03:09 PM
I think this thread shows the difference between a die hard fan who lives and dies a little with every game oppose to a fan who likes the team but doesn't put as much emphasis on them.

Stuckey#3
06-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe if Dallas wins this year you will have a different perspective...
Unless you are just a fairweather fan.

J-Relo
06-04-2011, 03:25 PM

:facepalm:

A team consists of the ones that play, the ones that coach, the ones that help and the last but not the least the ones who cheer.

SeoulBeatz
06-04-2011, 03:39 PM
When people go see a movie, does the audience ever say "we made a good movie" because the studios profited from their money?

That's a dumb example because the movie doesn't represent your city.

People are investing in a team that represents where they're from.

As a Sixer fan, the last decade has been rough and the mere fact that I've only missed a handful of games over 10 years gives me the right to say "we".

You try sitting through a decade of mediocrity or worse, it ****ing sucks! but I do it because I love the team

And it finally looks like things are turning around a bit for my Sixers, that's what makes it worthwhile; having a team you can be proud of.

AllStar44
06-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Hmm, good try. Nobody knows how a movie is going to turn out. BUT, if alot of people go and see the movie and it makes a huge profit then technically "the people" made the sequel. What about that?

Pretty simple, if the Mavs or Heat didn't have any fans then they wouldn't have a team. So fans are part of the team.

daricoliver
06-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Obviously fans know they are not formally part of the organization, however most teams acknowledge the support of the fans. By using the term we, it is a way of feeling apart of it and no matter how small of a part, fans are part of it. Sometimes people can overdo it including some who take these forums too seriously.

Tuck&Rolle
06-04-2011, 03:51 PM
The "we" argument is a age long argument. I say "we" all the time and the only way I can explain why I do it is because I'm very emotionally attached to my teams.

As far as the front runners doing it, I can't really explain that..

fadedmario
06-04-2011, 04:07 PM
I've been a Detroit fan for 31 years - I can say "we" if I want to. I played college football for Ferris State and I have a stronger connection to Tigers/Lions/Pistons than the team I played for. Besides my wife and kids - Detroit sports are a big part of my heart - so **** off. Horrible thread made by a kid. I also spend thousands on season tickets. My son was wrapped in a Detroit Tigers blanket the day he was born. I'll say we until I die.

marj987
06-04-2011, 04:14 PM
100% agree with this.

Yeah I can kinda feel were you guys are coming from.....but that fact that most of these fans wasn't real a original fan but all the sudden a fan saying we like they've been a fan all year long just kinda gets too me sorry if this was kinda pointless....but still what YOU! Did is what YOU did.......

justOmazing
06-04-2011, 04:28 PM

Yah, but "we" pay their salary, because "we" watch their games and "we" buy their tickets and merchandise, so "we" ARE a part of their success, because they wouldn't have jobs without the collective "we".

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-04-2011, 04:32 PM
cool thread bro

jetsforever
06-04-2011, 04:32 PM
The connection I have with some of my favorite teams is stronger than I have with some of my best friends.

I'll say we.

justOmazing
06-04-2011, 04:33 PM

"We" don't go to cheer for a movie. Here's an unmistakeable fact... the team with homecourt always has an advantage, because there is something about all "we" fans who are cheering for them that is inspiring to the home team and demoralizing to their opponent.

sixer04fan
06-04-2011, 04:39 PM
really? this is a thread?

JWO35
06-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I have no problem when people say "we" referring to their team(I'll admit it, I say it to sometimes. Most of the time I catch myself)

Gootie42
06-04-2011, 04:47 PM
no u

Quietmoney
06-04-2011, 04:49 PM
This thread is stupid. C'mon admin... get on the job and close it. It's the "we" fans that make it possible for a site like this to exist. This site and most blogs are about passionate fans that come together to talk about teams that they patronize. Every player after a home win thanks the fans for being great and how they feed off of us. Close this thread! It's insulting to all of us!

JWO35
06-04-2011, 04:56 PM
We made PSD!

Big Zo
06-04-2011, 04:58 PM
That's a dumb example because the movie doesn't represent your city.

People are investing in a team that represents where they're from.

As a Sixer fan, the last decade has been rough and the mere fact that I've only missed a handful of games over 10 years gives me the right to say "we".

You try sitting through a decade of mediocrity or worse, it ****ing sucks! but I do it because I love the team

And it finally looks like things are turning around a bit for my Sixers, that's what makes it worthwhile; having a team you can be proud of.

Not everyone roots for the team in their city, and most cities don't even have a team.

LionsFan..LOL
06-04-2011, 04:58 PM
I'll see we all I want, and if you don't like it you don't have to read it. Or even better put me and everybody else that says it on the ignore list that way you don't have to see it.

COOLbeans
06-04-2011, 04:59 PM
dumb. its his opinion but it's unnecessary.

Big Zo
06-04-2011, 04:59 PM
"We" don't go to cheer for a movie. Here's an unmistakeable fact... the team with homecourt always has an advantage, because there is something about all "we" fans who are cheering for them that is inspiring to the home team and demoralizing to their opponent.

Nothing wrong with cheering. But I doubt most fans cheer by saying "WEEEEEEE!"

daleja424
06-04-2011, 05:00 PM
I think that most of us agree that WE is the way to be. If you are a die hard fan of your team then you do feel like they are part of you. Just because the OP doesn't feel that kind of connection to his team doesn't mean that the rest of us are wrong because we do...

SFGIANTSFAN32
06-04-2011, 05:01 PM

Im a Celtic fan and WE had a rough time in the postseason, but WE will be back strong next year. Hopefully WE can make a good F/A signing to get US back to the top. Go Dallas, and get over the WE, lol :facepalm:

knicks_champ
06-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Well we do pay for the seats and merchandise that help pay for the stadium and players salary. So in some sense we are part of the team.

Owners get money from us to help with the expenses of the team. Without us they would be not making what they are now.

CountSackula
06-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I will not.

ChitownBears22
06-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah I can kinda feel were you guys are coming from.....but that fact that most of these fans wasn't real a original fan but all the sudden a fan saying we like they've been a fan all year long just kinda gets too me sorry if this was kinda pointless....but still what YOU! Did is what YOU did.......

I have no idea what you are trying to say? I now have a headache. Stop watching sports and open up that book your teacher gives you at the beginning of the school year (should say something like "English").

And I am going to say "we", nice try OP.

Holydiver
06-04-2011, 05:31 PM
dummest thread ever

you didn't just say dummest did you :facepalm:

junion
06-04-2011, 05:45 PM
players always say "we couldn't have done it without the fans"

fans are there cheering them on, and giving them moral support, etc.

if you don't have fans there cheering for you, i'm pretty sure, your game performance would be different. I'm not saying they rely only on fans to cheer them on, but it really helps.

WE are there throught good and bad times with our team. the city. the fans, etc.

what's wrong with saying WE?

SportsFanatic10
06-04-2011, 05:48 PM
we

wjmoffatt
06-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Your probably a fan that is sour because your team lost. And your very WRONG about that. Everyone has the right to say "we".
"we" pay the taxes to help build the stadiums.
"we" pay the ticket prices to give the owners revenue to pay the players
"we" are the only reason there even is a game to begin with.
"we" have been a fan longer for those teams and put more money into the team than most players on any team.

Purple&Gold24
06-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Wrong.

You bought the Jersey.

This should have ended the thread,

ne3xchamps
06-04-2011, 06:17 PM
cool story bro. Need a tissue?

ne3xchamps
06-04-2011, 06:18 PM

+1. What a bull **** thread. but it doesn't surprise me, it is the landfill known as the NBA forum.

ne3xchamps
06-04-2011, 06:20 PM
you didn't just say dummest did you :facepalm:

:laugh:

jimbobjarree
06-04-2011, 06:20 PM
hell no

Law25
06-04-2011, 06:36 PM

This.

Bizzy13
06-04-2011, 06:54 PM

i was just thinking the same thing!! lol

IDunknown
06-04-2011, 07:43 PM
When you buy a CD do you say "we made a great album "?

ryang
06-04-2011, 07:48 PM
We are in the finals.... we did it... im not gonna stop saying we are u joking?? We love our team to much what are U gonna due about it?? I can't wait tell WE take the court sunday night gonna be a great game... I hope WE are ready...

Cromedome
06-04-2011, 08:01 PM
We believe.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
06-04-2011, 08:02 PM
I disagree. WE pay their salary. WE root for them and defend them regardless of how bad or good they are. WE are the reason they even have a career making millions playing a child's game.
z
I will continue to use "WE" when referring to my Wolves forever. And my Hawkeyes, Texans, and Yankees.

Sorry, I think its a fan's right to feel they belong as part of the team when they invest so much time and effort into following and cheering for them.

It also makes it that much better when you feel like this, when your team finally wins a championship.

What he said.

itsripcity32
06-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Agreed. Sometimes peopl write "we lost cause we were tired." and I'm there thinking why the hell would you be tired and talk like you played the game.

itsripcity32
06-05-2011, 12:39 AM
We are in the finals.... we did it... im not gonna stop saying we are u joking?? We love our team to much what are U gonna due about it?? I can't wait tell WE take the court sunday night gonna be a great game... I hope WE are ready...

Yea cus you and some other people dedicated yourselves to basketball and trained hours just to get to the NBA. I'll be watching you guys play on Sunday.

HesterTrain
06-05-2011, 12:40 AM

/Thread......:clap::clap:

ryang
06-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Yea cus you and some other people dedicated yourselves to basketball and trained hours just to get to the NBA. I'll be watching you guys play on Sunday.

Feel better?? I love the HEAT and if I want to say we or us i don't really care how you feel about it... WE got a game tomm night I hope WE win...

HesterTrain
06-05-2011, 12:46 AM

Are you kidding me? Ever heard of the 12th man in Football? The Bears actually call the fans the 4th phase and yes that means we are apart of the team. You don't have to play the damn game too include yourself as part of the team. If you're waving a stupid balloon while someone shoots a free-throw and it somehow magically distracts the guy. You helped your team. That's the point of a "home" game.

itsripcity32
06-05-2011, 12:47 AM
In the end. We didn't play the game

HesterTrain
06-05-2011, 12:49 AM
In the end. We didn't play the game

Well then go ahead and be "that guy".... have fun.

itsripcity32
06-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Are you kidding me? Ever heard of the 12th man in Football? The Bears actually call the fans the 4th phase and yes that means we are apart of the team. You don't have to play the damn game too include yourself as part of the team. If you're waving a stupid balloon while someone shoots a free-throw and it somehow magically distracts the guy. You helped your team. That's the point of a "home" game.

Do the bears call you a player. Do they call you to kick the field goal? throw a touchdown? You don't do ****. Do you waive a balloon for them at every game? I guess cheerleaders "lose" and "win" games cus they cheer

itsripcity32
06-05-2011, 12:55 AM
How can you win or lose somethin if you didn't play? Contradictory?

knickfan33
06-05-2011, 12:57 AM
we sat through a decade of pure sh#@

Beltrans Mole
06-05-2011, 01:01 AM
it's funny how it turns into "we" when the team wins, and "they" when the team loses...

HesterTrain
06-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Do the bears call you a player. Do they call you to kick the field goal? throw a touchdown? You don't do ****. Do you waive a balloon for them at every game? I guess cheerleaders "lose" and "win" games cus they cheer

I actually feel bad for you. You must not have any emotional let down about any of your teams loses. You probably just sit back and say "Ha I didn't lose the game, they did". Why should I care? It's not like I root for them or anything". I guess the benchwarmers aren't apart of the teams either right? Since all they do is sit there. Don't play, just watch. How dare they say they are apart of that team!!!!! Don't say "we" won, because you didn't play!

That's how arrogant you sound...

You win with your teams and you lose with your teams.

Lakers + Giants
06-05-2011, 01:05 AM

:clap:

itsripcity32
06-05-2011, 01:06 AM
I actually feel bad for you. You must not have any emotional let down about any of your teams loses. You probably just sit back and say "Ha I didn't lose the game, they did". Why should I care? It's not like I root for them or anything". I guess the benchwarmers aren't apart of the teams either right? Since all they do is sit there. Don't play, just watch. How dare they say they are apart of that team!!!!! Don't say "we" won, because you didn't play!

That's how arrogant you sound...

You win with your teams and you lose with your teams.

It's funny how you base your responses on immature assumptions. I say "they" cus I didn't work my *** off to get to the NBA. I never said that I say "they" or "we" depending on how my team is doing? Arrogant for taking credit for working my *** off for 82 games? contradictory much?

itsripcity32
06-05-2011, 01:08 AM
I didn't do anything for my favorite team's success or failures but root for them. Why would i take credit and say "we."

ChiTownPacerFan
06-05-2011, 01:09 AM
On top of what everyone else has said, isn't there a practical reason for this as well? It's just helpful to be able to say "we really outplayed them in the paint." Otherwise we can never use pronouns, and we would have to constantly say the name of the team so that people would know who we were talking about.

ryang
06-05-2011, 01:12 AM
obviously you don't say we ... Got it... But WE (the sports fans) more then likely feel differently then u..

HesterTrain
06-05-2011, 01:12 AM
It's funny how you base your responses on immature assumptions. I say "they" cus I didn't work my *** off to get to the NBA. I never said that I say "they" or "we" depending on how my team is doing? Arrogant for taking credit for working my *** off for 82 games? contradictory much?

Whats the point of routing for a team then? Immature assumptions? How can a fan take credit for playing 82 games? That's obvious, but you don't get the point. You're making it seem like the owner of the Heat can't say "we" won, because he didn't do anything to be apart of that team. Everybody has their part in order for a franchise to succeed. Whats the biggest part too succeed at as a new franchise? A fan base, getting people in the seats. Without fans there are no sports. We are just as much apart of a team we root for, pay too see. Just because I'm not the guy on the field, I can't include myself to be apart of that team? Who the hell are you to say that to anybody. Like I said, you are just "that guy". The few people who have to start a thread about something so...well...dumb to be honest.

Mazzz1987
06-05-2011, 01:19 AM
hope the nba folds.....fake league

Dash
06-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Wi wi

PrettyBoyJ
06-05-2011, 01:30 AM
with out us there nothing... so I think ppl are entitled to say "we"

TMAC94
06-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Wrong.

You bought the Jersey.

this.

KingPosey
06-05-2011, 03:13 AM

how about "we" stop using double negatives. It mkaes us sound unintelligent and it completely changes the meaning of what we meant to say.

EXAMPLE:

"we" didn't bring none of these teams to the playoffs.

actually means

we brought these teams to the playoffs.

KingPosey
06-05-2011, 03:13 AM

how about "we" stop using double negatives. It makes us sound unintelligent and it completely changes the meaning of what we meant to say.

EXAMPLE:

"we" didn't bring none of these teams to the playoffs.

actually means

we brought these teams to the playoffs.

John Walls Era
06-05-2011, 03:27 AM
I'll do what I want. I'm not letting some punk *** ***** on PSD tell me what to do.

Gary Reasons
06-05-2011, 03:29 AM
"we" are with the team longer than the players.. They come and go we root for the jersey (hopefully) so for instance when nowitzski retires.. Mavs fans will still be Mavs fans.. Still watching, cheering etc..I bet if you polled every player in every sport and asked them "do you mind fans and the city feeling like they're part of the team" how many of them do you think would say no? None.

Gary Reasons
06-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Without fans there's no league, no revenue no anything just abunch of guys playing in a park, the fans is what really run the league. And like John Wall said, I'm not gna let no punk ***** tell me what I can and cannot say, I love the mets knicks and giants and I invest emotionally just as much as the players into the games.. It's we mother ****er

WarriorFan4Life
06-05-2011, 04:13 AM
what is the point of this thread? It seems like he is bashing fans for having a rooting interest in their teams! I don't think it is wrong for fans to say "we"

Btw, players across the league thank the fans for their support. They treat the fans like they are a contributing factor (creating a great atmosphere and rooting throughout the game).

broncosfan4eva
06-05-2011, 05:00 AM
I agree but then also disagree in ways, I think that if you have been following a franchise for a while then that would entitle u to being able to say WE
But if your a fan that just hops on a new bandwagon each year then u should just gtfo. :)

CrazyShawn
06-05-2011, 06:05 AM
This whole discussion is stupid. The people who have a problem with "We" used to describe our teams clearly don't have the mental capacity to understand what we are talking about. Yes, I say "We" to describe my teams and in no way am I a fair weather fan. Been a fan of the bulls prior to all the championships.

gilly
06-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Sports leagues would not work without the fans, it is the fans that ultimately hold the key to success and failure, they effectively run the teams.

/thread.

jiggin
06-05-2011, 07:22 AM
I am not a heat fan or a mavs fan, but I WILL use "we" when I talk about my team because I pay so much in season tickets $$$ and merchandise at the game...I do get the right to call it MY team and get to use the WE phrase.

I contribute to the bottom line of that team, no matter how you look at it...so I can call them what I want...thank you very much.

j11430
06-05-2011, 08:50 AM
I am not a heat fan or a mavs fan, but I WILL use "we" when I talk about my team because I pay so much in season tickets $$$ and merchandise at the game...I do get the right to call it MY team and get to use the WE phrase.

I contribute to the bottom line of that team, no matter how you look at it...so I can call them what I want...thank you very much.

This is the exception IMO. Season ticket holders can say we because they contribute much more to the organization than, say, me. But I hate when people say "we" like they are actually part of a pro team or they have some impact on what they do. It's just annoying.

BowDown
06-05-2011, 09:01 AM
I DO NOT believe this is a thread.

Mr Haha
06-05-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU

Please, please watch this! It's right on topic and hilarious!

Mr Haha
06-05-2011, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c&feature=related

Also on topic from my favorite British comedy duo. This thread was manna from heaven. Keep it open so people can watch these clips!

Ethix11
06-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I cant believe this actually bothers people :pity:

Tony_Starks
06-05-2011, 02:27 PM
The only "we" I have a problem with are bandwagoners, who hitch their train to winning teams when they're hot.

But if you've been supporting your team for years, watch all the games, buy tickets....etc., then you are most definitely a part of "we."

Example: Laker fans have a rep for being the most laid back, unenthusiastic fans in the league (partially because we're spoiled by all the winning). However in game 7 last year everyone to a man said that was the most pumped up they've seen the Staples and it helped fuel their comback victory.

So I can say "we" played a part in them winning that game.

DoubleDragon
06-05-2011, 02:52 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Somebody needs a nap

RapOZo
06-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't like when fans say that either, they sound pretty lame
but on the other hand, fans do put some pressure on the visiting teams
because of the fans home court is an advantage.
so we are not players, coaches, gm, ceo, but we pay for that to happen.

we invaded countries with oil, even though we don't like it, but since we live here and this is the country we pay taxes to, we are part of the "we"

AWC713
06-05-2011, 03:10 PM
without fans sports is nothing.

no big paychecks, no big endorsements...so yes, we can say we.

stop being so picky

six
06-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Without us fans the NBA wouldn't even exist. Without us cheering,motivating, and pumping the players up in their home court they probably wouldn't come as far as they do. Without us the stadiums would be Ghost towns, and without us there wouldn't be anyone to intimidate the refs when they make bad calls. =D

"We" pay their salary, and "We" are the heart of the team that motivates them to go as far as God will take them.

Ezekial
06-05-2011, 09:36 PM
When I type on a forum, we is way easier than saying the Packers, or the Bulls, or The Packers Organization or w/e the context. The fact that you make such a big deal about it makes you a little ***** who couldn't back up what you were saying against someone in a topic so you nitpicked the fact that they said we in their perfectly sound argument, ranted about it for a couple posts/pages then made a Topic about that one thing.(That's what I'm guessing)

.... and judging by your first post in it:
YOU ain't to gud at english boy.

LA_Raiders
06-05-2011, 11:19 PM
We are the ones to make they happen...

Reggie Miller
06-05-2011, 11:25 PM
damn things must be rough to put up a thread like this

MalZee24
06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Haha

NBA_Starter
06-05-2011, 11:59 PM
We won tonight!:cool:

BluejaysFan08
06-06-2011, 12:05 AM
ok.....

omdigga
06-06-2011, 12:05 AM
oui..

NYMetropolitans
06-06-2011, 12:09 AM
WE the paying fans and real fans of our teams can say whatever WE want.

TrueFan420
06-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Wrong.

You bought the Jersey.

Not only that but its WE fans that will be here supporting OUR team long after any player, coach, front office, or in some cases owners will. There is only one constant factor for every team that will be there forever and that is its fan base. (yes there are bandwagon fans but thats a smaller number than the majority in most cases).

When I was younger I remember my father telling me why do you care so much they (referring to everyone in the organization that I follow) dont care about you. And my only answer was that i didnt care about them but more about the jersey on their back and the city that they represented.

WSU Tony
06-06-2011, 11:01 AM

To Marj- stop with the double negatives.

MagicHero3
06-06-2011, 11:16 AM
this is dumb. "we" means the franchise which includes the fans.

RipCity32
06-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Some people are so sensitive

minervamob
06-06-2011, 11:41 AM
We we we we weeeeeee!!!!!!

minervamob
06-06-2011, 11:45 AM
We won tonight!:cool:

YOU get out of here with your 3 favorite teams. WE refers to real fans of one team

RaiderLakersA's
06-06-2011, 11:50 AM

Screw you. I didn't fight in the American Revolution, either, but if you ask me about how WE did against the British, I'll tell you.

I will say "we" until the day I die for any teams that I support and identify with, for any causes that I support and identify with, for any campaigns that I support and identify with, for any movements that I support and identify with, for any reason that I support and identify with and if you don't like it, go "censor" yourself.

Voodoo Alchemy
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I know! And they probably don't listen to crappy 80's metal bands or have receding hairlines with ponytails, either! Durp dee durp!

what's wrong with 80's metal? i was in high school and the music was relevant back then. 30 years from now, your kids are going to youtube today's music and laugh their as off. oh, btw as you get older, your hairline will be receding but your belly won't.

nycsports2
06-06-2011, 12:07 PM

shut up

ChicagoJ
06-06-2011, 12:07 PM
The full team consists of the players, coaches, organization and fans. That is a "we" thing.

ink
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM
The full team consists of the players, coaches, organization and fans. That is a "we" thing.

I don't see how fans are part of the organization. That's like saying that you are part of Apple because you have an iPhone. We're consumers, that's all.

It's actually a bizarre sociological phenomenon that fans identify so much with their heroes they delude themselves into thinking they're part of the organization.

Super.
06-06-2011, 01:12 PM
How has this gotten to 10 pages :laugh:

This is why the NBA forum is the ******* of PSD

NYKalltheway
06-06-2011, 01:59 PM
is the OP for real?

Super.
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
is this thread for real?

SportsAndrew25
06-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Crappiest thread ever. People says we when referring to their sports team all the time. Who cares if they say it?

SportsAndrew25
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
The fact that we are having a four page discussion on this ******** issue is :facepalm: worthy.