PDA

View Full Version : what do they say if wade wins finals mvp?

JoeyBoy718
06-04-2011, 01:29 PM
You know if you Mavs win the Finals MVP will be Dirk, and if the Heat win it will be Bron or Wade. So what are the people and the media going to say if the Heat win and it goes to Wade. Based on the first 2 games they would be crazy to not give Wade FMVP, if the Heat win. First there was the talk of how Bron couldn't do it by himself. Then there was the talk of how this was still Wade's team, but that talk started to silence early in the season when Bron proved he was the man. I remember in 2006 when you could make the argument that it was Shaq's team when he came to Miami, but when it looked like the Heat were finished in the Finals, it became Wade's team. Well, what if that happens again? Will people say that, "Sure, Bron technically has a ring, but it was really because of Wade;" or will they say, "Even though Bron took a backseat to Wade in the Finals, the Heat wouldn't even have made the Finals without Bron?"

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 01:39 PM
they will say, lebron got his ring but hes still second to dwade? cleveland will be chanting scottie pippen.

Hellcrooner
06-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Wont happen.
Lebron has been chosen by Stern/espn/nike/gatorade etc etc to be "jordans Heir"
so AS LONG AS HEAT WIN THE RING ( wich is no lock at the moment)
He WILL receive his MVP.
And it wont even matter if he shoots 18% in game seven.
he will still get it.

championships
06-04-2011, 01:50 PM
kinda ahead of yourself don't you think?

Kenny
06-04-2011, 01:51 PM
So does Kobe's first 3 rings don't count because Shaq won those final mvp's. Who cares who wins that i'm sure they just want to win the ring

PhillyFaninLA
06-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Wont happen.
Lebron has been chosen by Stern/espn/nike/gatorade etc etc to be "jordans Heir"
so AS LONG AS HEAT WIN THE RING ( wich is no lock at the moment)
He WILL receive his MVP.
he will still get it.

Credible link to your source on this.

Big Zo
06-04-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it's: "Congratulations 2011 finals MVP, Dwyane Wade."

BALLER R
06-04-2011, 02:14 PM
who determines who gets finals mvp..is it one person or based on voting from certain people??

Hellcrooner
06-04-2011, 02:15 PM
^ its endorsers who decide.

TheHighLife
06-04-2011, 02:15 PM
So is this like the 5th thread now asking the same question. Who is going to win MVP if the Heat win, LeBron or Wade? I vote Bibby.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm pretty sure it's: "Congratulations 2011 finals MVP, Dwyane Wade."

Win.

davids22
06-04-2011, 02:56 PM

like Kobe's 6-24 game 7 last year.

Lebron will most likely win it, though Wade obviously has a chance. Lebron did do way more during the regular season, and IMO was the reason the Heat handled the Bulls so easily when D-Wade disappeared that series.

Obviously it should only be for that series (as in who gets MVP) but I have a feeling the voters look into it way more. Pau Gasol had a great shot at getting the finals MVP last year but Kobe got it out of pure recognition. So I'd say if the Heat win, Lebron gets it 75% of the time with D-Wade 25% (aka, barring an electrically amazing performance from D-Wade, like 30ppg+ 7apg+ 5rpg+ with a game winner or two thrown in... otherwise Lebrons 25ppg+ 7apg+ 7rpg+ probably wins it)

Sadds The Gr8
06-04-2011, 02:57 PM
why do people keep making these threads?

KnicksR4Real
06-04-2011, 02:59 PM
they say congrads dwade. either reword the ****ing thread, or dont bother to make one. its pretty self explanatory dude.

davids22
06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
they say congrads dwade. either reword the ****ing thread, or dont bother to make one. its pretty self explanatory dude.

I think what the OP means is, "What do they say about Lebron's legacy if D-Wade wins the finals MVP?"

And this question has been discussed since last summer when they decided to team up. We've hypothetically discussed this all the time. So yeah idk why I even gave a serious reply earlier.

Hawkeye15
06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
um, they will say, "Congrats Wade". Sure the haters will then crap on LeBron, but a small piece of the argument is over if he wins a ring anyways. A little portion of the argument against LeBron would be gone forever.

That being said, if they play even, LeBron will win it anyways.

And further more, this is premature, because Dallas just stole a game in Miami, making this a very interesting series.

Illinirob83
06-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I think it matters in terms of legacy. Kobe was questioned for years until he was the "main guy" in 2009. If Kobe never won the title being the best player on his team you don't think that wouldve mattered? Of course it wouldve, that was a huge reason for the rift between Shaq and Kobe. Kobe wanted to be the guy on the team and it eventually dissolved. I don't think LBJ or Wade have the same dynamic that could break up their team, but it will matter.

Jordan's 6 finals MVP's were more important to his legacy than his 5 regular season MVP's.

IMO it should be done like hockey, a playoff MVP. Why is it limited to just one series? The playoffs in the NBA are everything anyway. Playoff MVP would be Lebron or Dirk at this point with no true 3rd competitor.

justinnum1
06-04-2011, 03:18 PM
If wade puts up a few more 30+ point games and the heat in it i can see wade winning his second finals mvp, that would be amazing. Wade is a beast.

Raph12
06-04-2011, 04:25 PM
If Wade continues to play at that level (Game 2), he should win Finals MVP without a doubt...

Mike Oxlong
06-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't know how he can win the MVP when the Heat aren't winning the series. Guaranteed. Quote me, mark it down.