PDA

View Full Version : Haywood questionable for Game 3

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 09:48 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4679176/carlisle-haywoods-status-uncertain-for-game-3

Dallas Mavericks backup center Brendan Haywood's status for Sunday's Game 3 of the NBA Finals against the Miami Heat is uncertain, coach Rick Carlisle on Friday told Galloway and Co., on 103.3 FM ESPN.

Carlisle said Haywood will likely be listed as day-to-day with a right hip flexor injury he sustained in the first minute of the fourth quarter in Game 2.

"We'll know more tomorrow. He was not feeling well when he left the game," Carlisle said. "If he's able to play I'm sure he'll play. If not we'll have to adjust."

J4KOP99
06-04-2011, 11:44 AM
His exit from game 2 was hilarious...

Came down from jumping on defense... landed... realized he was hurt... the whistle blew...

and then he walked right off the court into the back. No words were spoken and no motion was made for a sub. Classic stuff.

marlinsfan24
06-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Hope he's all right.

BlondeBomber41
06-04-2011, 12:00 PM
His exit from game 2 was hilarious...

Came down from jumping on defense... landed... realized he was hurt... the whistle blew...

and then he walked right off the court into the back. No words were spoken and no motion was made for a sub. Classic stuff.

He actually did say something to Rick Carlisle before he walked to the back. He requested a sub before walking back.

On another note, I wish the basketball gods would stop injuring our ****ing players. Caron, Roddy, Dirk, Haywood. Stop that ****.

YoungOne
06-04-2011, 12:00 PM
could be a big blow for the mavs..

YoungOne
06-04-2011, 12:01 PM
He actually did say something to Rick Carlisle before he walked to the back. He requested a sub before walking back.

On another note, I wish the basketball gods would stop injuring our ****ing players. Caron, Roddy, Dirk, Haywood. Stop that ****.

that's what we had all season long :(

AnalyzeNShoot
06-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Ouch,

May I remind ppl that MAVS Out rebounded the HEATS in Game 2. Haywood, he too be a part of that, even if he doesnt grap many rebounds, he still puts a body and help in gang rebounding. Though his free throws wont be missed.

J4KOP99
06-04-2011, 12:25 PM

Didn't catch him saying anything to Carlisle... I thought he just got up and bounced.

BlondeBomber41
06-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Didn't catch him saying anything to Carlisle... I thought he just got up and bounced.

I didnt actually catch it myself either. I watched the replay of the game a few hours ago and when it happened Mark Jackson claimed he heard Haywood yell to Carlisle for a sub before he walked off. That's the only way i know.

EDIT: Just watched it AGAIN, and I see where he did it. On the previous possession is where he hurts himself. He waves to the bench that he needs a sub. Then on the next defensive possession he intentionally fouls Haslem and walks to the back.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:14 PM
it could most definalty be significant, if chandler gets into foul trouble, and haywood isnt there, that would really affect dallas defense.

TheHighLife
06-04-2011, 02:18 PM
If he doesn't play that means Chandler will get more playing time which is better

gatkins11
06-04-2011, 03:22 PM
that's what we had all season long :(

At least you all have won a championship recently. But my dad's a Celtics fan, he complains about injuries all the time, with good reason, lol.