PDA

View Full Version : Blazers want to move up for Kemba Walker

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 09:46 AM
http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=130706967830991500

The Trail Blazers, who own the 21st pick, are looking to move up in the June 24 draft.

According to a league source, Portland would like to get into the top seven to be in position to take Connecticut point guard Kemba Walker. That might mean packaging veteran point guard Andre Miller and the No. 21 pick for another teamís player along with a top-seven pick.

Acting general manager Chad Buchanan was noncommital on the report.

Looks like theyre trying to move up to aquire kemba. Washington just might trade with them, since there is no derrick williams or enes kanter available at the 6th pick. The kings, its unlikely, since the kings neeed a pg.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-04-2011, 09:56 AM
well they need to give up a lot to move up so much.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Batum + their pick might be good? not sure.

HouRealCoach
06-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Dont they need a pass first pg?

I want Kemba to go to the Kings... Evans, Thornton, and Kemba could become a great backcourt in the future

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Dont they need a pass first pg?

I want Kemba to go to the Kings... Evans, Thornton, and Kemba could become a great backcourt in the future

So kemba is a shoot first pg?

PrettyBoyJ
06-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Kemba wont work with the Blazers.. His shoot first mentality and his trust issues are going to be a prob. and he's overrated to me.. Guy jacks up a whole bunch of shots and he's a pg and ppl have him as a top 10 prospect? smh

valade16
06-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Batum + their pick might be good? not sure.

Blazers won't trade Batum for anything less than the top 2 picks in this draft. I don't understand trading for a rookie PG. They should be going after a veteran since the team is a good PG away from competing for a title NOW (assuming Greg Oden comes back).

dtmagnet
06-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Blazers won't trade Batum for anything less than the top 2 picks in this draft. I don't understand trading for a rookie PG. They should be going after a veteran since the team is a good PG away from competing for a title NOW (assuming Greg Oden comes back).

Right, because Batum is THAT good... You are overvaluing and overrating him.

Confusious
06-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I see Kemba getting selected in the top 3. Won't go out of the top 5.

Can't see Portland moving up that high.

ramz.n
06-04-2011, 12:46 PM
the raptors will probably draft either kanter, walker or leonard at the 5th spot, unless any team is willing to blow Colagnelo's socks off kemba in a blazers uniform seems unlikely, but they don't have much to offer considering what they gave up for wallace..and as for a guy above..you are overvaluing batum way to much..if he was that good there is no chance the blazers fork up what they did to get gerald wallace.

Rivera
06-04-2011, 12:47 PM
kemba the god gettin some love from the blazers

he would be a good fit i just dont know who or what they would trade for to move up

but it would be a great fit for portland

FadeAwayLikeMJ
06-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Looking for a Roy version 2

ULT WARRIOR408
06-04-2011, 01:23 PM
If they don't have to give up too much to do so I say go for it.He's a perfect fit for their offense as long as he's not starting.He's a combo-guard imo,lacks the court vision to be a PG & to small to be a SG.

I like him as a 6th man on a good team.He'd be great coming off the bench playing both guard positions at times in that uptempo Blazers system.He'd be like Monta Ellis in 2007 for the Warriors.Plus he can gradually learn how to be a PG if he plays that roll for a few years.

Bob_at_york
06-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Raptors could be willing to deal but the trade would have to expand for more pieces. Oden would definitely have to be included.

valade16
06-04-2011, 01:31 PM

I am not overvaluing him, the Blazers are; I'm merely telling people on here how the Blazers view him for those that don't follow the Blazers as closely as me.

To give you an idea, Batum was called "untouchable" when teams inquired. When Denver asked he be included in a 3-way for 'Melo to NY the Blazers said unless they get 'Melo don't bother. He was also a central part of a proposed package for Chris Paul (along with Oden) before last season.

Given that you think they swap him for the #7 pick? Not a chance...

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Raptors could be willing to deal but the trade would have to expand for more pieces. Oden would definitely have to be included.

if so, the raptors should trade their pick for oden? a Big risk , considering odens knees, but could be very rewarding.

DeyAce
06-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I see the Raptors taking him

valade16
06-04-2011, 01:33 PM
the raptors will probably draft either kanter, walker or leonard at the 5th spot, unless any team is willing to blow Colagnelo's socks off kemba in a blazers uniform seems unlikely, but they don't have much to offer considering what they gave up for wallace..and as for a guy above..you are overvaluing batum way to much..if he was that good there is no chance the blazers fork up what they did to get gerald wallace.

What they did? Perhaps your overvaluing Pryzbilla and a bag of peanuts, because that's what Portland gave to get him...

DR_1
06-04-2011, 01:39 PM
This would be interesting, but I've thought that Toronto wanted Kemba?

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 01:41 PM
I see the Raptors taking him

Me too. if Brandon knight isnt available im pretty sure kemba walker will be a raptor. If the blazers really do want him, offering greg oden for walker would be interesting. I personaly think kemba is overated, and just too undersized and bad defensively.

Bob_at_york
06-04-2011, 01:41 PM
if so, the raptors should trade their pick for oden? a Big risk , considering odens knees, but could be very rewarding.

I am saying with Miller and #21 and maybe even a Babbitt. I don't know. I would love for them to ask for Matthews or Crash but that could be getting greedy depending on the players/contracts going back in the deal.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-04-2011, 01:44 PM
If the Raptors get him than he'll start which might hurt his career b/c he's just a combo-guard at this point.I he gets with a good team & play off the bench & be a 6th man at first for a year or 2 than he can learn the PG position.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 01:44 PM
I am saying with Miller and #21 and maybe even a Babbitt. I don't know. I would love for them to ask for Matthews or Crash but that could be getting greedy depending on the players/contracts going back in the deal.

that would be good for the raptors. I doubt the blazers would do that unless theyre really into kemba. The blazers are expecting to trade miller and their pick to move up, but a rebuilding young team wont want an old regressing pg like miller. Blazers have to offer something bettter, and i think it starts off at offering at least batum.

valade16
06-04-2011, 01:56 PM
that would be good for the raptors. I doubt the blazers would do that unless theyre really into kemba. The blazers are expecting to trade miller and their pick to move up, but a rebuilding young team wont want an old regressing pg like miller. Blazers have to offer something bettter, and i think it starts off at offering at least batum.

Andre Miller is an expiring contract, and they have their 1st rd pick (though it's low).

Lol at people thinking the Blazers would give up Batum; Oden; Mathews; or Crash for Walker! Keep on dreaming...

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Andre Miller is an expiring contract, and they have their 1st rd pick (though it's low).

Lol at people thinking the Blazers would give up Batum; Oden; Mathews; or Crash for Walker! Keep on dreaming...

a rebuilding team with alot of cap space doesnt need an expiring. They need young upcoming players. Taking millers contract wouldnt be good.

TheHighLife
06-04-2011, 02:04 PM
The Kings don't want Miller. He is going to retire soon and it would be a waste for them.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:05 PM
The Kings don't want Miller. He is going to retire soon and it would be a waste for them.

Its unlikely that kemba would drop that far. if the raptors dont get knight, im very sure they will take kemba if hes available.

valade16
06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
a rebuilding team with alot of cap space doesnt need an expiring. They need young upcoming players. Taking millers contract wouldnt be good.

I wonder if the Raptors would try to trade Bargnani to the Blazers along with the pick for Batum, Miller's expiring, and their 1st rd pick plus someone else.

And God I hope the Blazers say no.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Sorry.

Raptors are picking him.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I wonder if the Raptors would try to trade Bargnani to the Blazers along with the pick for Batum, Miller's expiring, and their 1st rd pick plus someone else.

And God I hope the Blazers say no.

blazers get:
andrea bargnani
kemba walker

raptors get:
batum
miller
a 21th pick?

That deal isnt fair. The salaries match up, but that wouldnt be fair for the raptors imo. Yes, they would get better defensively, but bargnani is worth more than miller..

Bob_at_york
06-04-2011, 02:20 PM

I am thinking something like this:

To Blazers:
Calderon
Kleiza

To Raptors:
Oden (I know this might have to be done separately because he is a free agent)
Miller
2nd rounder
Babbitt

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:26 PM

To Blazers:
Calderon
Kleiza

To Raptors:
Miller
2nd rounder
Babbitt

so basically, the raptors get some cap flexibility, by losing kleiza and calderon. They also aquire a young big man with potential, with bad knees.

while the blazers aquire, some 3point shooters and a solid veteran pg who can run a team along wiht kemba. Sounds good. I doubt the blazers would give up that much though. Would definatly be an excellent trade for the raptors though.

KnicksR4Real
06-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Kemba Walker is going to suck, mark my words...

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-04-2011, 02:32 PM

Amen

Sadds The Gr8
06-04-2011, 02:33 PM

Calderon & 5 for Miller & Batum.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2011, 02:35 PM
They should try for the Wolves pick.

I'm sure the Wolves want a veteran PG to train Rubio.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Calderon & 5 for Miller & Batum.

that seems fair. THe blazers get better offensivly, and the raptors save cap and get better defensively. They should throw in Oden instead, a defensive big man beside bargnani would be good.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:37 PM
They should try for the Wolves pick.

I'm sure the Wolves want a veteran PG to train Rubio.

Trade calderon and the 5th pick for the 2nd pick, and pray that the cavs somehow chose williams. Rubio might like to play with calderon.

Bob_at_york
06-04-2011, 02:42 PM
so basically, the raptors get some cap flexibility, by losing kleiza and calderon. They also aquire a young big man with potential, with bad knees.

while the blazers aquire, some 3point shooters and a solid veteran pg who can run a team along wiht kemba. Sounds good. I doubt the blazers would give up that much though. Would definatly be an excellent trade for the raptors though.

You think the Blazers are giving up too much right there but you think Saddler's deal is alright? I think they treasure batum more than #21 and Babbitt. Wait... my bad I just noticed you said Oden INSTEAD. I thought you were adding Oden to Saddler's deal.

jockrider
06-04-2011, 02:51 PM

To Blazers:
Calderon
Kleiza

To Raptors:
Miller
2nd rounder
Babbitt

imo that's a bad trade has oden stayed healthy since he came in the league? no, he was shown that he can't stay healthy i don't know how thats going to change even if he miraculously stays relatively healthy i would think the knee injuries would have taken a huge toll to a point where alexis ajinca would be a better option for us.

i think kemba or knight whoever falls to us would be more valuable.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Trade calderon and the 5th pick for the 2nd pick, and pray that the cavs somehow chose williams. Rubio might like to play with calderon.

I would love if that happened. I don't mind Williams either.

Hopefully he can play some SF.

Sadds The Gr8
06-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Calderon and 5 may not be enough...we can throw in Kleiza too.

Calderon, Kleiza, 5th for Batum and Miller

that seems fair

Bob_at_york
06-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Calderon and 5 may not be enough...we can throw in Kleiza too.

Calderon, Kleiza, 5th for Batum and Miller

that seems fair

salaries are not even close to matching.

Sadds The Gr8
06-04-2011, 02:58 PM
salaries are not even close to matching.

really? i'll check it out

EDIT: yea you're right. i guess Calderon and 5 for Batum and Miller. Not sure if they would do it though...depends how much they love Kemba

ramz.n
06-04-2011, 02:59 PM
What they did? Perhaps your overvaluing Pryzbilla and a bag of peanuts, because that's what Portland gave to get him...

your also forgetting about the 2 firsts.

http://www.nba.com/news/transactions/2011.trade.deadline.tracker/index.html

Bob_at_york
06-04-2011, 03:04 PM
imo that's a bad trade has oden stayed healthy since he came in the league? no, he was shown that he can't stay healthy i don't know how thats going to change even if he miraculously stays relatively healthy i would think the knee injuries would have taken a huge toll to a point where alexis ajinca would be a better option for us.

It is a risk. There is no doubt about that. But there is still value at the #21 pick. We could fill our bench with Oden, Babbitt, and maybe someone like Marshon Brooks. A lot of youth right there and then next year we will have more money to spend and hopefully an even better draft pick.

Sadds The Gr8
06-04-2011, 03:08 PM
It is a risk. There is no doubt about that. But there is still value at the #21 pick. We could fill our bench with Oden, Babbitt, and maybe someone like Marshon Brooks. A lot of youth right there and then next year we will have more money to spend and hopefully an even better draft pick.

think about that though. BC has taken alot of risks since he's been in TO and most of them have failed. I don't think there's a chance he'd trade for Oden. If he did and Oden still couldn't get healthy, people would call for BC's head...especially if Kemba turned out to be amazing. BC just signed a 2 year deal, so i think he's goning to take less risks and safer approaches.

Only way Oden comes is on a cheap 1 or 2 year contract IMO.

Bob_at_york
06-04-2011, 03:09 PM
think about that though. BC has taken alot of risks since he's been in TO and most of them have failed. I don't think there's a chance he'd trade for Oden. If he did and Oden still couldn't get healthy, people would call for BC's head...especially if Kemba turned out to be amazing.

Only way Oden comes is on a cheap 1 or 2 year contract IMO.

which is what I am essentially suggesting. I am suggesting he signs for a Kleiza like amount.

valade16
06-04-2011, 03:11 PM
your also forgetting about the 2 firsts.

http://www.nba.com/news/transactions/2011.trade.deadline.tracker/index.html

Mid to late picks, one being in what is considered a very weak draft.

Peanuts.

jockrider
06-04-2011, 03:27 PM
which is what I am essentially suggesting. I am suggesting he signs for a Kleiza like amount.

idk kleiza is getting 5 mil a yr iirc. i think thats too much because oden imo isn't a risk hes a guarantee for an injury. but its an interesting proposal.

Duddy
06-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Kemba is doomed if he is drafted by Portland. Blazers's jynx will take care of him

dtmagnet
06-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Mid to late picks, one being in what is considered a very weak draft.

Peanuts.

Everyone knows that was a salary dump for Charlotte.

papipapsmanny
06-04-2011, 06:25 PM
#6 pick for Batum?

I wouldn't mind watching a team of

Wall
Crawford
Batum
Blatche
Mcgee

I don't think any trade is gonna go down

kenzo400
06-04-2011, 07:05 PM

I think it's a great trade. We get Miller, who is better than Calderon, especially on the defensive end. We also get rid of his horrible contract. While Kleiza is a good player, he is pretty pointless for us, wouldn't be a big loss to put him in the trade too.

jockrider
06-04-2011, 07:38 PM
I think it's a great trade. We get Miller, who is better than Calderon, especially on the defensive end. We also get rid of his horrible contract. While Kleiza is a good player, he is pretty pointless for us, wouldn't be a big loss to put him in the trade too.

adding the 5th pick kind of tips the scale to no especially if knight is still there

Shahrose
06-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I see Kemba getting selected in the top 3. Won't go out of the top 5.

Can't see Portland moving up that high.

:facepalm: top 3? are you serious?...

Irving, Williams, Knight, Kanter before Kemba

kenzo400
06-04-2011, 11:22 PM
adding the 5th pick kind of tips the scale to no especially if knight is still there

I doubt Knight will still be there and i personally don't see Kemba being better than Miller anyway.

BradyIsTheMan12
06-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Though some of you Raptors fans are interested in Oden, I doubt he would be considered a worthy trade-piece to anyone. Oden likely will not be ready till after the new year, and if you pick him up in a trade it only would make sense to give him a multi-year deal..which is a huge risk.

As for the Kemba rumors, I'm skeptical.