PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves Plan On Keeping No. 2 Pick

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 09:42 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-timberwolves-secondpick

Minnesota assistant general manager Tony Ronzone says the Timberwolves are leaning toward keeping the second overall pick in this month’s NBA draft.

Ronzone spoke Friday after working out several fringe free agents at Target Center. With Ricky Rubio(notes)signing a contract earlier this week to come to Minnesota next season, Ronzone was asked if the Wolves were going to hold onto the No. 2 pick.

Ronzone said “Right now we’re keeping two.”
That means, theyre probably wont be any trade with washington or phoneix.

HouRealCoach
06-04-2011, 10:09 AM
They need to keep it

EWreckShin
06-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Actually, he could just say we are looking to trade out of the draft? Theres nothing wrong with saying that. This thread is to give others information on the status of the 2nd overall pick.Theres no need to bait and call this thread out as pointless :facepalm:

I agree.

Anyway, I would like to see them trade the 2nd pick to the Cavs.

netsgiantsyanks
06-04-2011, 10:54 AM
so they can **** up?

Chacarron
06-04-2011, 10:54 AM
They should draft Kanter.

KnicksR4Real
06-04-2011, 11:00 AM
there not gonna say there trading it

dtmagnet
06-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Actually, he could just say we are looking to trade out of the draft? Theres nothing wrong with saying that. This thread is to give others information on the status of the 2nd overall pick.Theres no need to bait and call this thread out as pointless :facepalm:

Why would they say that? All that does is devalue the pick because teams know they don;t want it anyways.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-04-2011, 11:19 AM
We still have the rest of the month. Once the Finals are over don't be surprised if you hear rumors come back up.

Carey
06-04-2011, 11:26 AM

This, i dont think they woke yesterday and decided they dont want some vets

J4KOP99
06-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Sounds like the t'wovles... why not just add some more unproven, young players?

I think, as many of you are saying, that they will end up trading this either way. They need to restructure the team in the sense that they need to add veteran, experienced players to guide the young guys.

Gators123
06-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Maybe that will stop the ridiculous trade ideas.

mttwlsn16
06-04-2011, 12:12 PM
maybe they can get a PG

AnalyzeNShoot
06-04-2011, 12:24 PM
draft Knefner or w.e his name is. Rubio, Wesley, Beasley, Love, Knefner FTW.

eric1501
06-04-2011, 12:30 PM

I haven't posted in forever but just had to over this..... Knefner? Has to be the greatest post of all time!

akesh99
06-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Why would they say that? All that does is devalue the pick because teams know they don;t want it anyways.

exactly.

WolvesJagsOs
06-04-2011, 12:59 PM
maybe they can get a PG

lol, we drafted a 2 PG's, we got Rubio who we knew prolly wasnt coming over for 2+ yrs, and we drafted Flynn for right now. We drafted Lawson to trade to Denver. I guess some people dont know when the joke gets old.

wjmoffatt
06-04-2011, 01:16 PM
This is Minnesota we are talking about here, they'll probably trade this pick on draft day, after the Cavs select Kanter 4th overall. Minnesost has done this in the past when they traded Mayo for Love on draft day. They know the value will be steadily increasing as draft draws nearer.

marvILLous
06-04-2011, 01:22 PM
draft kanter PLZ

DR_1
06-04-2011, 01:45 PM

lol true :)

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 01:46 PM
draft kanter PLZ

Theyre going to select Williams. Williams is a consensus top 2 pick.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-04-2011, 01:58 PM
They need to keep it

With Rubio finally coming through plus with Love,Beasley & Flynn already their,they've got a good young core of players to move forword with.You add another nice good young piece to the puzzle & the sky could very well be the limit for this team.:nod:

I can see something possibly great happening soon in the twin cities & I'm not talking abot a Prince comeback album either.:D

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:04 PM
With Rubio finally coming through plus with Love,Beasley & Flynn already their,they've got a good young core of players to move forword with.You add another nice good young piece to the puzzle & the sky could very well be the limit for this team.:nod:

I can see something possibly great happening soon in the twin cities & I'm not talking abot a Prince comeback either.:D

Rubio
Johnson
Williams/beasly( as 6th man)
Love
F/A

That lineup looks very good. all those players have been top 5 picks. They just need a defensive big man who can rebound/block shots and theyre set.

TheHighLife
06-04-2011, 02:11 PM
They will find somebody to trade with, I don't see them keeping it after all this talk.

twin4life
06-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Sounds like the t'wovles... why not just add some more unproven, young players?
I think, as many of you are saying, that they will end up trading this either way. They need to restructure the team in the sense that they need to add veteran, experienced players to guide the young guys.

If the Cavs pass on Irving and take Williams I see a trade coming, if Williams is there I think he is the most proven player in the draft.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2011, 02:17 PM
If the Cavs pass on Irving and take Williams I see a trade coming, if Williams is there I think he is the most proven player in the draft.

The cavs will select irving, they are extremly high on that decision. They would be foolish to not take irving.

Hawkeye15
06-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Why wouldn't Ronzone say that? Why would you want to de-value the pick by making everyone aware you are desperate to trade it?

I have no clue whether they will trade it or keep it. I would prefer to draft Williams if they can't get a fair offer for a borderline all star in his mid 20's.

They don't need to make the move RIGHT NOW. Why not wait until the new CBA is done. It will almost certainly force teams with huge payrolls to start making tough decisions. Wouldn't it be a good thing to be a team with multiple young assets and small contracts if and when that happens? Could just draft Williams, and wait until the trade deadline or even this summer, and pick up a good player(s) when teams may indeed be forced to make very tough roster/payroll decisions.

Hawkeye15
06-04-2011, 02:51 PM

I can see something possibly great happening soon in the twin cities & I'm not talking abot a Prince comeback album either.:D

Flynn is gonzo with Rubio signing. Wes Johnson would be that other young piece we will be depending on to grow up.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Calderon and the 5th for the 2nd pick.

Calderon can help Rubio become a better shooter and passer.

Hawkeye15
06-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Calderon and the 5th for the 2nd pick.

Calderon can help Rubio become a better shooter and passer.

dude, cmon

SeoulBeatz
06-04-2011, 03:19 PM

hahah knefner what the ****

ULT WARRIOR408
06-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Flynn is gonzo with Rubio signing. Wes Johnson would be that other young piece we will be depending on to grow up.

Then you see if you can move Flynn b/c Rubio is a better floor general & he's a very marketable player that'll put fans in the seat as well.:up:

Mike Oxlong
06-04-2011, 03:40 PM
I tried telling you *******s this 5 times yesterday. :laugh2: Told ya'll so...

Hawkeye15
06-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Then you see if you can move Flynn b/c Rubio is a better floor general & he's a very marketable player that'll put fans in the seat as well.:up:

for sure. That is the plan dude.