PDA

View Full Version : Would He Do it The same in this Era?

Xeroprime99
06-03-2011, 03:59 AM
So I've Been listening and Reading all of the Threads, News Articles, Charles Barkley, Scottie Dumbass(I only say this cause he played with Jordan) and No im not a Lebron Dick Rider. But Do You all think MJ would be as "Great" in an Era where everyone is Capable of doing everything he did one way or another? I mean, Back in his Hay Day The League was Kinda Stiff and No So Athletic. Remember 91 when he did the Air Reverse Layup and Everyone Couldnt believe their eyes? Fast Forward to 2011 and U have Guys like JJ Barea Doin the same thing. Me Personally I think Jordan Wouldnt Win 6 in this Era, Not with the Teams he had. Well Maybe The 2nd 3peat Squad, Jordan/Pippen/Rodmen Could get down i think. but 6? nah dont see it.

John Walls Era
06-03-2011, 04:01 AM
He might if he had John Wall on his team.

coryd238
06-03-2011, 04:07 AM
He'd only win if he had the GOAT aka Derrick Rose on his team.

John Walls Era
06-03-2011, 04:14 AM
He'd only win if he had the GOAT aka Derrick Rose on his team.

While you've been hibernating under a rock during these playoffs, Wall's ability can't even be measured in a specific time frame. :D ;)

Raph12
06-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Are you even serious?... MJ would dominate in any era, easily.

Xeroprime99
06-03-2011, 04:24 AM
To say Easily? are You Serious? So your saying Jordans Bulls Could have Beaten the 08 Celtics or the 00,01,02 lakers? or Even BabyBronBron(Notta Fan of this Guy) and The other 2 queens in Miami? Or The Pop Spurs of this early 00's. I dont think Jordan Could have done it 6times. maybe 2. Possibly 3. And only with the last 3peat squad. Cause his first 3peat team def aint cuttin it.

John Walls Era
06-03-2011, 04:28 AM
If I gave MJ: Andrea Bargnani, Beasley, Blatch and Nate Robinson then have D leaguers on the bench.... he would still arguably carry them to the playoffs.

But if I gave MJ: Andrea Bargnani, Beasley, Blatch and John Wall then they would win every year until Wall retired.

PS: These are the types of good posts that come from the NBA forum now... just going with the trend.

asandhu23
06-03-2011, 04:52 AM
definitely. Players like Karl Malone, Wilt, Bill Russell, Magic, Bird, Stockton, Wilkins would dominate today. They would play differently. they would take advantage of the touch fouls.

assisi805
06-03-2011, 07:29 AM
definitely. Players like Karl Malone, Wilt, Bill Russell, Magic, Bird, Stockton, Wilkins would dominate today. They would play differently. they would take advantage of the touch fouls.

This, Them plus MJ would average 20 foul shots a game and sadly enough thats not even an exaggeration.

BALLER R
06-03-2011, 07:57 AM
This, Them plus MJ would average 20 foul shots a game and sadly enough thats not even an exaggeration.

this..watching jordan play he got hacked so much of them weren't even called as fouls...in the nba today he would live at the free throw line. and jordan knows how to win in the playoffs, to say he wouldn't get 6 i dont think you know who jordan is.

Backstabber
06-03-2011, 08:12 AM
I think we minimize the athletism of the league in the 80's and 90's. I'm not sure the players were less athletic, I am sure they were more skilled. The game has definitely changed, but it hasn't changed that much. A better question would be put Lebron, Kobe and Rose in the game of the 80's and 90's and see if they dominate like Jordan.

eso
06-03-2011, 08:15 AM
this thread just makes me mad.
MJ = G.O.A.T
and the players that are close all come from his era. put Lebron against the Pistons bad boys and watch the tears flow.

asandhu23
06-03-2011, 08:16 AM
I think we minimize the athletism of the league in the 80's and 90's. I'm not sure the players were less athletic, I am sure they were more skilled. The game has definitely changed, but it hasn't changed that much. A better question would be put Lebron, Kobe and Rose in the game of the 80's and 90's and see if they dominate like Jordan.

In Wilt's era, every body ran fastbreaks. its amazing that Wilt was able to hang on despite his "advantages" and average so many minutes per game.

asandhu23
06-03-2011, 08:17 AM
this thread just makes me mad.
MJ = G.O.A.T
and the players that are close all come from his era. put Lebron against the Pistons bad boys and watch the tears flow.

you don't even have to do that. which team made all three of the "big 3" cry this year?

benzni
06-03-2011, 08:30 AM
To say Easily? are You Serious? So your saying Jordans Bulls Could have Beaten the 08 Celtics or the 00,01,02 lakers? or Even BabyBronBron(Notta Fan of this Guy) and The other 2 queens in Miami? Or The Pop Spurs of this early 00's. I dont think Jordan Could have done it 6times. maybe 2. Possibly 3. And only with the last 3peat squad. Cause his first 3peat team def aint cuttin it.

really??? bron-bron lol

Shareeb_omac2
06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
It's getting to that point in time now where that wave of people that actually watched Jordan are going to start being outweighed by the sub-20 something year olds that claim they watched Jordan play but were like 2-8 Years old when Jordan was still in his prime.

PrettyBoyJ
06-03-2011, 09:17 AM
The NBA was way more physical, Players where more defensive minded, and getting to the whole wasnt easy cuz teams had dominant centers and good role playing PF.. the real question is could players from this era play with physical style of play they played back then.. And if Jordan played in this era obviously he would have the same advantage of using newer equipment and better treatment.. He prob would have been a GOD in the league