PDA

View Full Version : How good can the T'Wolves be with Rubio

Rafer17
06-02-2011, 08:04 PM
A core of Rubio/Beasely/Love is pretty good..

will they make the playoffs? how far will they go?

MrfadeawayJB
06-02-2011, 08:08 PM
they might be worse...not sure if Rubio is better than Ridnour at this point

smith&wesson
06-02-2011, 08:12 PM
they have a nice young core, they need some vets. but things are looking better for them. also lets not forget about theyre pick inthe upcoming draft.

Trace
06-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Rubio is slow and can't shoot. Bust at best.

3Blueforyou
06-02-2011, 08:14 PM
The huge question is what rubio will show up, the guy he was projected to be? or the guy avg 6 and 3 or something like that shooting under 40%.

macc
06-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Sounds like Rubio isn't even starting on his team in barcalona. The last couple years haven't been that great for the guy, so not sure how much of an impact he'll make in the NBA at all. He's def lost alot of his stock in the past couple of years.

roshan3ai
06-02-2011, 08:24 PM
They are still too young. And Beasley is a chucker. He is way too inefficient as the number one scorer to lead his team to the playoffs

J4KOP99
06-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Depends on who you ask...

If you ask Crooner, I'd guess he would have them as title contenders.

Personally, I think they will still suck.

Eat_At_Joe's
06-02-2011, 08:26 PM
I think they can make some noise. Not sure about playoffs, but if they can get Rubio and Williams or Irving with the number two pick and maybe sign a vet then I can see around 30+ games.

tredigs
06-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Even with the #2 pick in the draft (Derrick Williams more than likely) and Rubio, it's tough to imagine them being anything other than a bottom 3-4 team in the league next season. Either Wes Johnson or Randolph would have to take a significant step forward that I'm not sure will happen, or they're going to need to package up a nice deal for a true/solid center in this years draft.

Still a little young; they're another top 5 pick, a trade and a years development away from contending for the 6-8 seed imo. West is very deep.

John Walls Era
06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Rubio supposedly has great court vision and can play defense. But who knows :shrug:.

I hate Beasley, but a Love + Rubio combo is interesting.

twin4life
06-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Twloves fan here. I will say this they will be better. Much better as in playoff team? No. In a few years will they be a playoff team? Yes. Rubio reminds me of a guy known as Steve Nash?? Anyone know of him?? YES everyone knows of Steve. A true point guard who can see a pass before it happens, he can read a defence like you can read 3 year old book. He hasnt had the chance to get better in Euro ball. Coming to the NBA will be tough but see him come alive halfway through next season. We have the #2 pick which could turn into the #4 and #8 or a vet on the team which is needed. Personally I am not a fan of Beasley never have been. They need to trade Flynn or Luke to make room for Rubio and (I know this might sound dumb but) I am a both Kemba and Jimmer fan. The wolves will have a young team and are looking to get some vet help but lets be serious noone wants to play where winters are -10 degrees.

Bottom line before you say Rubio is a "bust" give him a chance and I dont want to hear anything after 5 or 10 games. Give him a year or two to make a difference.

Hawkeye15
06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
unless they add a vet or two that can contribute high levels of play, they will again be the youngest team in the NBA next year, so they will struggle to win a bunch of games. That is why the rumor is so heavy that Kahn is dangling the pick for a vet. Or to move down and grab a player.

There is no need to add two more 20 year olds to a super young roster if it can be upgraded with a trade.

As formed now, 22-25 wins. Lets see what else happens with them however

knickerbockerny
06-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I believe the T-Wolves will struggle once again, the west is too tough. You have Houston, Phoenix, and Utah on the outside looking in with decent talent.

The only way Minny jumps those teams and teams like Portland, Denver or Memphis to make the playoffs is if they add veterans and deal the #2 pick for and established player like Iggy or Gay.

knickerbockerny
06-02-2011, 08:57 PM
unless they add a vet or two that can contribute high levels of play, they will again be the youngest team in the NBA next year, so they will struggle to win a bunch of games. That is why the rumor is so heavy that Kahn is dangling the pick for a vet. Or to move down and grab a player.

There is no need to add two more 20 year olds to a super young roster if it can be upgraded with a trade.

As formed now, 22-25 wins. Lets see what else happens with them however

Exactly!

Punk
06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Very very good. It all depends on who coaches. Rubio won't put up major numbers yet.

Rubio/Flynn/Ridnour
Wes/Webster/Ellington
Williams/Beasley/Hayward
Love/Randolph/Tolliver
Darko/Pek

Is a strong team. The only weakness would be at center. That could be easily fixed in time.

Rubio is slow and can't shoot. Bust at best.

Terrible logic. Kidd couldn't shoot. Rondo can't shoot. Billups was a scrub at one point in his career.

Spiggity_ace
06-02-2011, 09:01 PM
ur forgetting wesley johnson, he can be a force in the league

topdog
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM

Having a PG that actually knows how to pass and looks to be able to play at least some defense should make a considerable difference, that is, cnsiderable for a 17 win team.

I don't see Beasley as the core of anything other than a perennial bottom-feeder, but I don't expect Kahn to sit twiddling his thumbs thinking up the next PR disaster :D

Crackadalic
06-02-2011, 09:13 PM
They will be improve but not enough for a playoff spot. Doesnt the clippers have there lottery pick in 2012? Thats sucks

KnicksR4Real
06-02-2011, 09:16 PM
we will see

Hellcrooner
06-02-2011, 09:28 PM
will get more wins, any number between 5 and 15 more wins.

roshan3ai
06-02-2011, 09:39 PM
we will see

Great insight

IndiansFan337
06-02-2011, 09:45 PM

No, they won't make the playoffs for at least two more years. I don't think Rubio is going to be very good, at least initially. He's a good passer and ballhandler, but will struggle defensively, with his shot and finishing at the rim.

iliketurtles24
06-02-2011, 09:55 PM
most players would make a impact on the wolves, but give him a year or two before your claim he is a bust, he needs time to adjust and grow, which he was not given in europe

Hellcrooner
06-02-2011, 10:09 PM
The future in movement always is.

Gibby23
06-02-2011, 10:40 PM
No, they won't make the playoffs for at least two more years. I don't think Rubio is going to be very good, at least initially. He's a good passer and ballhandler, but will struggle defensively, with his shot and finishing at the rim.

lol... Defense is his strong point.

jrm2054
06-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Since when can a player who never played a nba game and can't shoot make a 17 win team as good as some of you think. I think he will develop to a good player but the wolves wont be much better this year

Hellcrooner
06-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Since when can a player who never played a nba game and can't shoot make a 17 win team as good as some of you think
mmm when he can deffend and has great IQ PASSING and COURT VISION?
wich will make the offense of the team more efficient?

jrm2054
06-02-2011, 10:53 PM
mmm when he can deffend and has great IQ PASSING and COURT VISION?
wich will make the offense of the team more efficient?

I just don't think he will have as big an impact as some think. He can pass and defend. So he is basically a less developed Rondo at this point. He will need 2 years to become anything special in the NBA if he does.

mttwlsn16
06-02-2011, 10:59 PM
still garbage, no offense, and i think rubio will turn out to be a huge bust

mttwlsn16
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
They will be improve but not enough for a playoff spot. Doesnt the clippers have there lottery pick in 2012? Thats sucks

sure do :D
unprotected guaranteed top 5 :clap:

LakersA's49ers
06-02-2011, 11:09 PM
rubios too flashy for his own good. turnovers and 35% sound like a lock

RaffyBoy
06-02-2011, 11:21 PM
i dont like him.. his averaging 6.5 points and 4 assists in europe.. i think his going to be a huge bust

Raps18-19 Champ
06-02-2011, 11:44 PM
I like all those guys' potential. Not to mention Derrick Williams will be great.

But all those players don't work together.

Love and Beasley are sub-par on defense and they play the same position. Williams also is best at PF but they don't have a good C to play beside. So 3 guys who's best position is PF and no C to play beside.

They should look to trade Beasley for a true wing and turn their pick into a C. They can draft Kanter who would be good but they should drop instead of picking him at 2nd.

magic0320
06-02-2011, 11:53 PM
They should trade this kid while the hype is high.

...and no i don't want him with the lakers even though lakers need yound pg

Trace
06-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Very very good. It all depends on who coaches. Rubio won't put up major numbers yet.

Rubio/Flynn/Ridnour
Wes/Webster/Ellington
Williams/Beasley/Hayward
Love/Randolph/Tolliver
Darko/Pek

Is a strong team. The only weakness would be at center. That could be easily fixed in time.

Terrible logic. Kidd couldn't shoot. Rondo can't shoot. Billups was a scrub at one point in his career.

No you just can't read. I said that he's slow and he can't shoot. Neither of these point guards were ever as slow as Rubio. Horrible comparison on your part.