PDA

View Full Version : Who had the harder road to the finals?

5ass
06-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Miami had to play 76ers, celtics and the bulls.

Dallas had to play portland, lakers and the thunder.

Both did not have an easy road to the finals, but for me i think dallas was a bit harder.

blams
06-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Not even close.

TylerSL
06-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Its close. I would say after round 1, the Heat. But, if you add round 1, Porland was a damn good team. The three teams that both these teams beat prove they deserve to be in the Finals, but I am going to say that Dallas had a harder time. I know Miami took out both the challenges in the East that everybody said they couldnt beat. However, the Mavs took out a Porland team that IMO was capable of making WCF, the 2x defending champs (sweep accually), and IMO the team to beat in the West next year in the Thunder.

carter15
06-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Portland > 76ers, Lakers > Celtics, Bulls > Thunder (but not by tooo much). Dallas therefore by a bit.

TheHighLife
06-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Dallas' was harder by a billion miles.

Raph12
Mavs easily...

Sadds The Gr8
Dallas. they didnt have the refs on their side.

beasted86
06-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Am I just underrating the Thunder?

I thought they had no chance whatsoever at the Finals. Good team, but just too flawed, and too young.

Anyway considering everyone was for sure the Heat couldn't get past the Bulls or Celtics, I'm picking Heat. People said the Blazers could "upset" the Mavs... meaning everyone expected the Mavs to win. And quite frankly, after the Mavs brought the broom out for the Lakers, no betting man would put money on the Thunder.

believeinNYK
06-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Dallas, but Miami sure did prove they deserved to make it to the finals after beating Boston/Chicago

blams
06-02-2011, 01:42 AM
Harder road not as in how TOUGH it was for them, but as in the teams the played.

Miami played better teams, and therefore had a 'harder' road. Dallas had a tougher time because they aren't as good as Miami.

DeyAce
06-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Dallas for sure. They took out the champs.

iggypop123
06-02-2011, 01:52 AM
is this a legit question? dallas. neither team though had a problem with that path. no game 7s.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-02-2011, 01:58 AM
The Mavs actually had a harder road.

But they had an easier time beating their opponents than Miami did.

Iron24th
06-02-2011, 02:02 AM
It's close,but I think the Heat's road was a bit harder,cause dallas played a depleted blazers team,a washed up lakers team and a too young thunder team.

itsripcity32
06-02-2011, 02:15 AM
the team that beat the two time defending champs. duh

John Walls Era
06-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Not even close.

You are picking the Heat right? I mean they played against the BEST team (BULLS).

WatWoudJordanDo
06-02-2011, 03:36 AM
the heat beat teams with a combined .646 W% and reached the finals in 15 games
the mavs beat teams with a combined .650 W% and reached the finals in 15 games

its really that close. the mavs opponents won only 1 more game the then heats in the regular season. im leaning towards the mavs tho as i feel they had the tougher 1st round opponent while both had identical 2nd and 3rd rounds (old/injured, then young/inexperienced)

Raph12
06-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Am I just underrating the Thunder?

I thought they had no chance whatsoever at the Finals. Good team, but just too flawed, and too young.

Anyway considering everyone was for sure the Heat couldn't get past the Bulls or Celtics, I'm picking Heat. People said the Blazers could "upset" the Mavs... meaning everyone expected the Mavs to win. And quite frankly, after the Mavs brought the broom out for the Lakers, no betting man would put money on the Thunder.

The Bulls were very flawed and you guys exposed that in the playoffs and if you didn't do it, another elite team would have. Celtics were too old to contend with the Heat, just good matchup-wise and we both know the playoffs are all about matchups.

The way I see it: Blazers >>> Sixers | Lakers >> Celts | Thunder >= Bulls

Mavs had the much harder path.

TylerSL
06-02-2011, 04:07 AM

its really that close. the mavs opponents won only 1 more game the then heats in the regular season. im leaning towards the mavs tho as i feel they had the tougher 1st round opponent while both had identical 2nd and 3rd rounds (old/injured, then young/inexperienced)

this

OnslaughtXX6
06-02-2011, 05:16 AM

good post.

--23--
06-02-2011, 05:40 AM
i don't think its that close its clearly the Mavs.

Gambeezy
06-02-2011, 06:43 AM
The Bulls were very flawed and you guys exposed that in the playoffs and if you didn't do it, another elite team would have. Celtics were too old to contend with the Heat, just good matchup-wise and we both know the playoffs are all about matchups.

I don't necessarily think the Bulls are flawed so much as they are young. Throughout the entire year everyone talked about how complete of a time they were from top to bottom. They were deep with defenders, shooters, slashers, a paint presence and an MVP/COTY. The only flaw was Boozer not showing up in the series save 1 game (If that can be considered a flaw). Who could have predicted that? Where you saw flaws, I saw a resilient Heat defense that was rotating and playing their balls off. It was just too much for the Bulls to overcome this season. No team is flawless.

todu82
06-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Dallas

daleja424
06-02-2011, 07:44 AM

What came first...the chicken or the egg?

I seem to recall a LARGE portion of PSD and the country picking Boston and Chicago to win the series. Now the HEAT won and its all about Boston being old and Chiacgo being inexperienced. GET REAL. The HEAT made Boston look old and made Chicago look inexperienced.

Anyways... it is nearly a tie... both were impressive against a pretty tough schedule

DR_1
06-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Dallas had it harder, but they made it easy.

daleja424
06-02-2011, 02:13 PM
haha...bitter Chicago fan

Did you pick Miami to beat Chicago before that series?

SteBO
06-02-2011, 02:15 PM
We beat Boston and Chicago, two teams that according to most of you, would beat the Heat in 6 max, and yet the Mavs had an easier road than Miami? This coming from those same people? :confused: It just gets worse and worse with some of you. :laugh2:

itsripcity32
06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
almost everyone had the lakers in the finals; therefore, the mavs had a tougher road to the finals. duhhh. it was pretty much a tossup for the east before the playoffs started

SteBO
06-02-2011, 02:25 PM
almost everyone had the lakers in the finals; therefore, the mavs had a tougher road to the finals. duhhh. it was pretty much a tossup for the east
The fact that it was a tossup for the east makes it that much more easy to say that Miami had the tougher road. Boston and Chicago were the two teams nobody here thought Miami would get through. It's close, but Miami clearly had the tougher obstacles. Some of you are saying that Dallas' road was tougher but they made it look easier than it was. So did Miami, and they went through elite defenses to get there. POR, LAL, and OKC aren't close to the defenses the Heat had to overcome.

Purple&Gold24
06-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Each of them did...both had chips on the shoulders. We all hate miami and they joined to get where they are now and mavericks were called the chokers and swept my damn team :shrug:

Hawkeye15
06-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Dallas pretty easily. They didn't have a gimme series in round 1 like the Heat did, and the Lakers are better than the Celtics, and the Thunder are nearly equal to the Bulls.

Portland >>>>>>Philly
LAL>Boston
Chicago>OKC

Pierzynski4Prez
06-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Its really, really close. But one thing nobody mentioned is that when you factor in the Rondo injury, it makes it pretty easy to pick the Mavs.

JordansBulls
06-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Dallas because one they beat the 2x defending champs and two because they had to beat players that are considered better than there best player on the way. Heat really didn't have that, they essentially had the best 2 players in a series and maybe even best 3 players in a few series.

Law25
06-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Dallas. they didnt have the refs on their side.

I beg an differ. Bad call and no call at the end of game one. Lebrons/Wade calls for Dirk. I mean dirk was on fire and they would have still won but damn.

ShiroRX
06-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Do people really think beating the Lakers, given how the Lakers played during that series, is worth putting them ahead of Boston? Frankly Boston seemed tougher than the Bulls.

KnicksR4Real
06-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Anyone that comes out of the west has a harder task at hand.

omdigga
06-02-2011, 02:53 PM
mavs had a much tougher first rd.. and they had to go thru the 2-time defending champs.. and take out the scoring champ..

miami had to beat the beast of the east and the rising bulls..

i give the edge to the mavs..

210Don
06-02-2011, 03:12 PM
It's close,but I think the Heat's road was a bit harder,cause dallas played a depleted blazers team,a washed up lakers team and a too young thunder team.

exactly