PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis to the Bulls or Grizzlies?

Stunner
06-01-2011, 03:42 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/29715779

Giraffes Rule
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM
So they can have 2 inefficient guards? That's a great idea.

210Don
lol grizzlies again in nba 2k11 when you play with the grizz they talk about they offfered thabeet and someone else for ellis

TheHighLife
Ellis and Rose would be 60 points a game, maybe more.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-01-2011, 03:45 PM
He is a volume scorer and could create his own shot with ease which would help take a lot of pressure off of Rose. The thing is Monta is a tweener and plays PG and SG. This could affect Roses' game a lot as they are both scoring guards.

John Walls Era
06-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Good fit imo. It wouldn't help them much at all if they play the Heat, but it would make them really fun to watch and play with on 2k11. Ellis isn't that bad at D and he plays the passing lanes at least. Not sure losing Deng would benefit them at all though.

John Walls Era
06-01-2011, 03:46 PM
lol grizzlies again in nba 2k11 when you play with the grizz they talk about they offfered thabeet and someone else for ellis

... the most talked about thing when you play the Grizz in 2k.

sixer04fan
06-01-2011, 03:46 PM

But probably less.

MagicHero3
06-01-2011, 03:48 PM
i think ellis and rose would clash- very similar scoring tactics. They need a scoring big man/Forward. Boozer was supposed to be that guy but he really blew it

Tmo440
I would be all for getting Monta Ellis, I think he would be a perfect fit next to Derrick Rose, but I would be hesitant on giving up one of our better defenders for him.

haggis
for deng?

not happening.

thibs/FO is in love with deng.

Kyben36
06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
3 way, bulls grab Mayo ( who they have been rumored to want ) Memphis gets Ellis, bulls give up something, picks and somebody probably.

Sir Buckets
06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I'd rather have Mayo. Cheaper and a better fit. Monta is a flashy name, but not really what we need.

Chi StateOfMind
06-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't know on that one. Ellis can score with the best of them but his defense is ehhh. How will they mesh when they both want to take over games.

justinnum1

on 60 shots...

BALLER71
That would create the most inefficient backcourt in the NBA

Chi StateOfMind
06-01-2011, 03:53 PM
on 60 shots...

I swear to god I was thinking in my head that YOU were going to come in and say that :laugh:

Hellcrooner
06-01-2011, 03:53 PM
not a good idea for any of the teams.

3Blueforyou
06-01-2011, 03:54 PM
GS are looking for some size in this deal for Monta. They want a center I think is fairly clear, unless a third team gets involved I don't really know either team has what they want.

MagicHero3
06-01-2011, 03:55 PM
why not Monta Ellis to the Magic? Dwight needs a scoring superstar to help him out.

smith&wesson
06-01-2011, 04:02 PM
ellis would be a good fit in memphis imo.

DeyAce
06-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I want this guy in Chicago. We need a scorer badly. We're not gonna beat Miami with Deng and the core we have now.

ugottabjoshinme
06-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I would never trade Deng for Ellis

northsider
06-01-2011, 04:20 PM
No ****ing thank you.

daleja424
06-01-2011, 04:21 PM
sooooo NOT the answer!

Southsideheat
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Trade Deng for Ellis and a 2nd round pick.

Then trade Noah, Ellis, Gibson, 2 first round pick (including the Bobcats pick), and 2 second round pics (including GS's pick).

bringinwood
06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Im still trying to figure out what the Bulls would give up to get Monta into town ????

It's not like Golden State is going to give him away... Picks and Gibson ???

He would be a great fit in Chicago because their most glaring need is a 2nd scoring option to eleviate some of the pressure off of D-Rose...

Worrying about him being a defensive liability is pointless... Keith Bogans started for a majority of the season at the 2... If Chicago would rather have Keith Bogans instead of Monta Ellis, well by all means... lmao

As far as the Grizz, he'd be a good fit along with Gay and Gasol...

I'm not sure how to gauge his value... Are the Warriors looking to rebuild without him... If so, they are going to look to cash in when trading on of their better assets...

PraiseJesus
06-01-2011, 04:29 PM
3 way, bulls grab Mayo ( who they have been rumored to want ) Memphis gets Ellis, bulls give up something, picks and somebody probably.

Very well thought out.... GSW give up Ellis and gets nothing

Chi StateOfMind
06-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I'd prefer Mayo over Ellis IMO.

Colts2180
06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Who are you trading the whole bulls team for exactly lol?

bringinwood
06-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Very well thought out.... GSW give up Ellis and gets nothing

But the Bulls would give up something and probably somebody...

:facepalm:

It's kind of like that guy that just wants to continously hear himself talk... You can't tell him to stop...

PSD is your annoying friend that won't stop talking...

GSRaider
06-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I'd love to see Monta get traded... I've wanted him traded once we drafted Curry... I'd be very happy if the Warriors traded Monta for some draft picks and an expiring contract... I don't want a huge, lengthy contract in return for Monta...

Ebbs
06-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Ellis despite his flaws is a very good player. I also think he is more valuable than Deng. But him in Rose could struggle to coexist

FLMeth06
06-01-2011, 04:40 PM
He's good, but idk if he'd be a good fit on either team. I could see the Bulls taking a shot on him, though. They really need to get Rose some help and might make an effort to land Monta, but honestly, I wouldn't give up Deng or Noah for him.

Sportfan
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
lol PLEASE chicago do this. That's automatic suicide

Chi StateOfMind
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Deng is a no for me defintely. We need his defense.

Maybe Gibson & picks.

FLMeth06
06-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Deng is a no for me defintely. We need his defense.

Maybe Gibson & picks.

How about Bogans and Boozer ? :p

Knickrocketsfan
06-01-2011, 04:46 PM

and Golden state would never trade ellis for deng

Pierzynski4Prez
06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Bulls won't do it if it involves giving up Deng. Or any of the starters minus Bogans.

They would start with Brewer, Taj, and Picks I assume and go from there. GS might hang up, but who knows what they want back.

FriedTofuz
06-01-2011, 04:48 PM
why did you post a link and not qoute anything in the article?

Chronz
06-01-2011, 04:49 PM
PLZ let this happen to Chicago

Darrell Russell
06-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Rose really isn't much better than monta, has a slight edge in having the better team and coach.

airforceones25
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Ellis and Rose would be terrible.. Both need the ball

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
not a good idea for any of the teams.

this

Raph12
06-01-2011, 04:54 PM

On 35-45% wouldn't mean much though...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-01-2011, 04:55 PM
why not Monta Ellis to the Magic? Dwight needs a scoring superstar to help him out.

Then Dwight would be getting even less touches.

blastmasta26
06-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Monta is inefficient, weak defensively, and scores the same way Rose does. They would not mesh well.

D-Leethal
06-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Monta is going to be one of those extremely explosive undersized shooting guards who don't find themselves on winning teams until they realize if they want a role on a winning team they need to come off the bench ala Jamal Crawford, Jason Terry etc.....hes not as good as AI where you have to tailor an entire squad around him and let him take 30 shots a game successfully

ichitownclowni
06-01-2011, 05:07 PM
But probably less.
doubt that

Baller1
06-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Unless Chicago wants to commit efficiency suicide, it's not gonna happen.

Hawkeye15
06-01-2011, 05:14 PM
the Grizz? eww. They already have guys who shoot a ton, they don't need another ballhog, especially one that will take minutes away from Tony Allen, killing their defense.

He would make sense for the Bulls. Rose has a high usage rate, so it would limit Monta's coming down the floor and jacking a shot up with 15 seconds on the shot clock 10 times a game, and they could cover him up defensively. Basically, they could cover up his crappy defense, and limit his touches so he doesn't shoot them out of games.

BcEuAbRsS
06-01-2011, 05:17 PM
No thanks... Deng shouldnt be moved unless its for a guy named Dwight Howard...

I would rather go with a small upgrade at SG rather than get rid of the anchor to our defense...

kozelkid
06-01-2011, 05:17 PM
the Grizz? eww. They already have guys who shoot a ton, they don't need another ballhog, especially one that will take minutes away from Tony Allen, killing their defense.

He would make sense for the Bulls. Rose has a high usage rate, so it would limit Monta's coming down the floor and jacking a shot up with 15 seconds on the shot clock 10 times a game, and they could cover him up defensively. Basically, they could cover up his crappy defense, and limit his touches so he doesn't shoot them out of games.

Besides all else, Monta's best season was when he played off guard alongside Baron. I do think Rose would do that for Monta. Obviously, I would hope Bulls would NEVER trade Deng for Monta, but I'd consider Noah for Monta considering we have Asik who could take over center and imo is a better defender than Noah (even if he's worse offensively).

I think Monta provides a lot of skills this team missed that were evident against the Heat. Above all else, he is another player capable of creating his own shot, something that has proven to always be a necessity come playoff time.

Alas, our FO would never take such a big risk either way.

Either way, this blogger is nothing more than GSW's version of Sam Smith. I take all this with a huge grain of salt.

BcEuAbRsS
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Besides all else, Monta's best season was when he played off guard alongside Baron. I do think Rose would do that for Monta. Obviously, I would hope Bulls would NEVER trade Deng for Monta, but I'd consider Noah for Monta considering we have Asik who could take over center and imo is a better defender than Noah (even if he's worse offensively).

I think Monta provides a lot of skills this team missed that were evident against the Heat. Above all else, he is another player capable of creating his own shot, something that has proven to always be a necessity come playoff time.

Either way, this blogger is nothing more than GSW's version of Sam Smith. I take all this with a huge grain of salt.

My thoughts exactly... Noah and Ellis have comparable contracts and it seems as if Noah has reached his limit IMO... Asik has aslot of improving to do but I dont think he would produce much less than Noah...

Master Mind
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Offensively the Bulls would be so explosive with Rose and Ellis but defensively they would get shredded though...

kozelkid
06-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Offensively the Bulls would be so explosive with Rose and Ellis but defensively they would get shredded though...

False.
First of all, Rose has become one of the best defenders at the pg position. I keep saying this and it's been proven statistically. And no, it has nothing to do with great team defense and everything to do with Thibs teaching him.
http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/rose-dwarfs-other-improvements-with-defense/

As for Ellis, I expect Thibs to use him in a Rondo type role where he'd gamble the passing lanes. Ellis has never played under a defense savy coach. I think Thibs could do wonders for him. If there is a defensive drop off, it wouldn't be much and totally worth it (of course this is assuming Deng is NOT in the deal).

Hawkeye15
06-01-2011, 05:25 PM

dude, thank you haha. I have argued forever that the only way Monta helps win games is if he has a large lead guard next to him that can control his usage and guard SG's if need be.

And no, Deng for Monta would not be a good idea. Noah? Sure. Asik and Gibson can replace what he does.

D Roses Bulls
06-01-2011, 05:26 PM
on 60 shots...

If you ever say a nice thing about chicago, I would be shocked. then again at least its not a face palm.

I dont know how I feel about this. I don't think I would give up deng for him, but I would really have to think about this one.

MagicBucsSox
06-01-2011, 05:26 PM
No thanks... Deng shouldnt be moved unless its for a guy named Dwight Howard...

I would rather go with a small upgrade at SG rather than get rid of the anchor to our defense...

Dude the drugs Chicago fans use must be straight from Bogota. Deng is nothing. He'll never be better than what he is now. Don't mention him with with howard in fact ,no bull. Not even rose

kikeyanez
06-01-2011, 05:28 PM
ellis for dang? NO WAY!!! dang is garbage.. if they offered noah and dang for ellis then yeah,me as a warrior will do it,but dang for ellis? haha we need more then dang to even think about tradeing ellis to chicago.. and i dont like rudy gay.. i rather keep ellis and trade curry

D Roses Bulls
06-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Ellis and Rose would be terrible.. Both need the ball

rose needs the ball? he has no choice, but to have the ball. who can score on that team?

Hawkeye15
06-01-2011, 05:29 PM
ellis for dang? NO WAY!!! dang is garbage.. if they offered noah and dang for ellis then yeah,me as a warrior will do it,but dang for ellis? haha we need more then dang to even think about tradeing ellis to chicago.. and i dont like rudy gay.. i rather keep ellis and trade curry

Ellis is doing you no good. You are way better off letting others take his shots, and shipping him off for a defensive slashing wing. That would be Deng.

But I wouldn't trade Deng for Ellis if I were a GM. No way

Lloyd Christmas
06-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I really doubt the Grzzlies would trade Gay for him but it does make some sense. If the trade was Gay for Monta and Charlie Bell who has one year at 4 million the Grizzlies could probably resign Gasol to the contract he wants. So if I had the choice of Gay or Monta and Gasol I would go with option #2.

JB0B0
06-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Ellis is 6'3'' so I'm not sure how he would defend bigger guards. Also, why would we trade Luol and create a huge hole at the 3? Makes no sense...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-01-2011, 05:37 PM

Warriors would do better with Deng than Ellis.

twoearl
06-01-2011, 05:40 PM
The Bulls need to stop playing and take a chance on JR Swish. I know the knock on him is that he dosen't play D but with the Bulls TEAM D he would at least be average.

TheRunKiller
06-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I'd rather sign Jr Smith as a free agent than trade Deng for Ellis :hide:

BcEuAbRsS
06-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Dude the drugs Chicago fans use must be straight from Bogota. Deng is nothing. He'll never be better than what he is now. Don't mention him with with howard in fact ,no bull. Not even rose

Do you honestly think that I was saying Deng for Howard straight up? Besides, Deng is not "nothing"... He may rank as high as 8th of all SF in the NBA...

CityofChaos
06-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Most definitely, although I wouldn't knock Ellis. People dont realize that the reason why Ellis was signed to that ridiculous contract was because he played better next to a true/ bigger point guard in Baron Davis. They won 48 games in 07-08 and Ellis was playing VERY good basketball (I think he shot %60 at one point during the year).

Stephen Curry isnt a true pg and anyone who watched the Warriors last season and when he played for Davidson knows that he is a SG-- and you wont make the playoffs with two undersized shooting guards in your starting 5.

If ELlis gets traded to a team where with a true point guard and where he wont be the No.1 option then I think that team would benefit a lot.

llemon
06-01-2011, 05:51 PM
rose needs the ball? he has no choice, but to have the ball. who can score on that team?

Boozer and Deng

cubswin25
06-01-2011, 05:52 PM
But I wouldn't trade Deng for Ellis if I were a GM. No way

There's no way the Bulls are going to do that either. Deng is too important to the team on both sides of the court. Plus even though the Bulls lost in the ECF, they are still had a very good season and are a young up coming team. They aren't gonna start trading around core players like Deng/Noah/Boozer all of the sudden. So if the Bulls were to trade for Monta Ellis. It would basically have to be for draft picks, maybe Asik and salary cap relief in 2012-2013. Since the Bulls would trade something like this

Korver, Watson, Asik, Bogans, future Bobcats 1st round pick and future Bulls first round pick for Ellis. Both Korver and Watson contracts both expire after next year. While guys like Bogans,Pargo contracts are Non-guaranteed, so the Warriors could release them after the trade. Then the Bulls could use their mid level, and the veteran min to add back up SG, PG and C. If a deal happen it would kinda look like Gasol to the Lakers. The Bulls should offer a similar trade to the Rockets for Kevin Martin, maybe Korver, Watson, Asik and Keith Bogans, future Bobcats 1st round pick and future Bulls first round picks.

jp611
06-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't think the Bulls FO is dumb enough to trade Luol or Noah for Monta, and if they are, than I might just jump off the local bridge

jp611
06-01-2011, 05:59 PM

Gotta love the gems ya find in the NBA Forum

pd1dish
06-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I'd rather have Mayo. Cheaper and a better fit. Monta is a flashy name, but not really what we need.

i completely agree. monta is just a big name. him and Rose pretty much do the same thing offensively, especially when it comes to scoring. if Monta could accept a role of "let the offense come to me", it could work, but he likes having the ball, as does Rose.

JordansBulls
06-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I'd take Ellis to help our bench out.

cubswin25
06-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't think the Bulls FO is dumb enough to trade Luol or Noah for Monta, and if they are, than I might just jump off the local bridge

Nope, they aren't a very reactionary team. Even said at the deadline they felt the team was going to be good for a long time. Which is why they didn't trade away guys like Asik or Taj at the deadline for minor upgrades even though fans were pushing hard for it. Since they were patient and felt they could add a better player this off season to make them better long term. So there's no way they would trade Deng after how important he was to the team last year. Plus they aren't gonna give up on Noah or Boozer after just a handful of bad playoff games. Not when they performed well during the season and they just signed and resigned them last off season. If the Bulls pull off a big trade, it's gonna be with guys like Korver or Brewer or Watson with Taj or Asik and picks(they have a future first round Bobcats pick to use as well and not just their own). Mixed with guys like Bogans, Lucas or Pargo if they need to match salaries.

bringinwood
06-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I assume a team like the 76ers, who are challenged offensively in the halfcourt, would take him on...

Turner and picks should do it...

Lloyd Christmas
06-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Nope, they aren't a very reactionary team. Even said at the deadline they felt the team was going to be good for a long time. Which is why they didn't trade away guys like Asik or Taj at the deadline. Since they were patient and felt they could add a better player this off season to make them better. So there's no way they would trade Deng after how important he was to the team last year. Plus they aren't gonna give up on Noah or Boozer after just a handful of bad playoff games. Not when they performed well during the season and they just signed and resigned them last off season. If the Bulls pull off a big trade, it's gonna be with guys like Korver or Brewer or Watson with Taj or Asik and picks(they have a future first round Bobcats pick to use as well and not just their own). Mixed with guys like Bogans, Lucas or Pargo if they need to match salaries.

What kind of player do you expect to get with those guys?

KingPosey
06-01-2011, 06:09 PM

and 60 shots a game, probably more.

esscobar05
06-01-2011, 06:11 PM

I am sure the Warriors would not trade Monta for Deng that would be ridiculous... Monta is a border line superstar Deng is a sitiuational player..
Now, I can see Deng and Gipson for Monta..

Master Mind
06-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I agree Mayo would be the better fit for the Bulls...

jp611
06-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Ellis is not a borderline superstar... hes a chucker, he plays horrendous D, and is inefficient as hell... please keep him away from the Bulls, especially if it involves Deng :puke:

esscobar05
06-01-2011, 06:22 PM

You are smoking!
Deng is not even close to Monta's level. Ask Kobe...
Give me Deng and Gipson and maybe we can talk.. But just Deng? :facepalm:

Knicks21
06-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Rose and Ellis. Doesnt Mix. Bulls would be better of with a 2 guard in the like of OJ Mayo.

esscobar05
06-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I'd rather sign Jr Smith as a free agent than trade Deng for Ellis :hide:

Now this makes sense... JR Smith in Chicago coming off the bench would be lethal..

jp611
06-01-2011, 06:24 PM
You are smoking!

You're drunk... Ellis is inefficient, a chucker, an awful defender... While Deng is a solid defender who guards the best player on each team most times, can hit the 3 at a good %, doesnt have to shoot the ball 25 times to get 20 points either, I mean you can keep thinking that per game stats are good, but seriously read up on some advanced stats... Ellis sucks

Stunner
06-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Why do people keep saying Deng is weak? Must have not watched him played this year huh he one of the players who play like an almost All-Star like Iggy

esscobar05
06-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Most definitely, although I wouldn't knock Ellis. People dont realize that the reason why Ellis was signed to that ridiculous contract was because he played better next to a true/ bigger point guard in Baron Davis. They won 48 games in 07-08 and Ellis was playing VERY good basketball (I think he shot %60 at one point during the year).

Stephen Curry isnt a true pg and anyone who watched the Warriors last season and when he played for Davidson knows that he is a SG-- and you wont make the playoffs with two undersized shooting guards in your starting 5.
If ELlis gets traded to a team where with a true point guard and where he wont be the No.1 option then I think that team would benefit a lot.

The Pistons did it with Joe Demars and Isiah... And the Warriors did it the year that you are referring to.. Baron and Monta.. It is not really the size it is the style of play.. You can have two small guards but the rest of the team must take up the slack inside.. The 08 team had a bunch of 6'5 - 6'9 athletes that took up the slack.. They had Michael Pietrus, Matt Barnes, Kelenna Azubuike, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington.. With the right combination you can have two starting small guards...

godolphins
06-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Monta is going to be one of those extremely explosive undersized shooting guards who don't find themselves on winning teams until they realize if they want a role on a winning team they need to come off the bench ala Jamal Crawford, Jason Terry etc.....hes not as good as AI where you have to tailor an entire squad around him and let him take 30 shots a game successfully

Agree

Lloyd Christmas
06-01-2011, 06:39 PM
You're drunk... Ellis is inefficient, a chucker, an awful defender... While Deng is a solid defender who guards the best player on each team most times, can hit the 3 at a good %, doesnt have to shoot the ball 25 times to get 20 points either, I mean you can keep thinking that per game stats are good, but seriously read up on some advanced stats... Ellis sucks

See luckily for the Bulls you have the league MVP at PG. Monta would not try to control the ball. Look up Monta's advanced stats when Baron was on the Warriors.

esscobar05
06-01-2011, 06:42 PM
There's no way the Bulls are going to do that either. Deng is too important to the team on both sides of the court. Plus even though the Bulls lost in the ECF, they are still had a very good season and are a young up coming team. They aren't gonna start trading around core players like Deng/Noah/Boozer all of the sudden. So if the Bulls were to trade for Monta Ellis. It would basically have to be for draft picks, maybe Asik and salary cap relief in 2012-2013. Since the Bulls would trade something like this

Korver, Watson, Asik, Bogans, future Bobcats 1st round pick and future Bulls first round pick for Ellis. Both Korver and Watson contracts both expire after next year. While guys like Bogans,Pargo contracts are Non-guaranteed, so the Warriors could release them after the trade. Then the Bulls could use their mid level, and the veteran min to add back up SG, PG and C. If a deal happen it would kinda look like Gasol to the Lakers. The Bulls should offer a similar trade to the Rockets for Kevin Martin, maybe Korver, Watson, Asik and Keith Bogans, future Bobcats 1st round pick and future Bulls first round picks.

The Warriors would go after this. Then be sent straight to the nut house or protective custody because the fans would riot..

cubswin25
06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
What kind of player do you expect to get with those guys?

A good player like Ellis or Martin, if your including Asik or Taj and draft picks. Not to mention, it would give the Warriors or Rockets cap space next off season to go after a top free agent or add a top player in a trade. It's not a fair trade on talent, but the type of trade we see in the NBA all the time these days. How is the offer I mentioned any different from the Lakers and Grizzlies Pau Gasol trade? Or how the Rockets got Kevin Martin from the Kings in the first place.

stlbest5in2013
06-01-2011, 06:48 PM
lol memphis can have him for gay

deng is a better defender and rebounder then gay, gay is a better scorer thats about it.

the bulls are not this stupid, i could see a noah for ellis deal, or 2-3 picks for ellis, 1 being the charlotte pick. other then that ellis is not coming to chicago for deng.

esscobar05
06-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Ellis is not a borderline superstar... hes a chucker, he plays horrendous D, and is inefficient as hell... please keep him away from the Bulls, especially if it involves Deng :puke:

You have been reading too much.. Ellis is actually not a bad defender at all... Sometimes he does shoot too much but he still has 5 or so assist a game. He is always up near the top in steals.. He not a bad player.. He is a 47% lifetime FG shooter which is not bad for a 6'3 guard..

asandhu23
06-01-2011, 06:51 PM
you all are idiots. this blog refers to a blog written by Tim Kawakami. No sensible person in Bay Area reads and believes in Kawakami crap. He loves creating BS and thrives on it.

Ask any Bay Area fan. that means Giants, As, 49ers, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks, Cal Bears, Stanford Cardinal fan. TK is BS writer.

Mell413
06-01-2011, 06:54 PM
I like Ellis, but I don't know if I would give up Deng for him. If they throw in Dorell Wright I would probably be for it. Monta Ellis would give us a 2nd scoring option to take pressure off Rose. He might not be the best defender, but I would argue offense is more important at that position.

cubswin25
06-01-2011, 06:55 PM
The Warriors would go after this. Then be sent straight to the nut house or protective custody because the fans would riot..

Why are the Warriors going to be a playoff team with Ellis next year? Are the Warriors going anywhere with Ellis? The answer is no, so why not get a talented young C like say Asik. Then draft picks, which could include a lottery pick. Since the Bulls own a future Bobcats 1st round pick. Not to mention it gives the Warriors cap space after the 2011-2012 to get a better player then Ellis. Since Korver and Watson could become free agents after next year and are basically expiring contracts. But hey you tell me what some team is gonna give up better then that for Monta Ellis. The Lakers gave up less for Pau Gasol and look how that traded worked out for both teams.

asandhu23
06-01-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruiUgDyMf60

you guys are believing an idiot who got kicked out of a raiders press conference. see video

esscobar05
06-01-2011, 06:57 PM
you all are idiots. this blog refers to a blog written by Tim Kawakami. No sensible person in Bay Area reads and believes in Kawakami crap. He loves creating BS and thrives on it.

Ask any Bay Area fan. that means Giants, As, 49ers, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks, Cal Bears, Stanford Cardinal fan. TK is BS writer.

T. Kawakami --> :burn: <--- Bay Area fans...

Lloyd Christmas
06-01-2011, 06:59 PM
A good player like Ellis or Martin, if your including Asik or Taj and draft picks. Not to mention, it would give the Warriors or Rockets cap space next off season to go after a top free agent or add a top player in a trade. It's not a fair trade on talent, but the type of trade we see in the NBA all the time these days. How is the offer I mentioned any different from the Lakers and Grizzlies Pau Gasol trade? Or how the Rockets got Kevin Martin from the Kings in the first place.

That makes some sense, but the Warriors can't attract free agents so cap space is pretty much meaningless. Also the Warriors front office has stated numerous times the only way they will trade either Curry or Ellis is if the Warriors are getting the better player in the deal. Maybe that has changed with the hiring of West but I doubt it.

DeadlyVeyerus31
06-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Actually if you look at Ellis stats compared to Kobe Bryant, they are almost the exact same if not better. So is Kobe a chucker also?? If the Bulls could workout a deal that did not include Deng or Noah I would be happy.

King P
06-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I think Chicago would be better off signing J.R. Smith in the offseason.

Yes he's a headcase, but the talent is there. If Thibs could get to him and maximize his talents and buy into their system, then he could do alot of damage with the Bulls.

cubswin25
06-01-2011, 07:06 PM
That makes some sense, but the Warriors can't attract free agents so cap space is pretty much meaningless. Also the Warriors front office has stated numerous times the only way they will trade either Curry or Ellis is if the Warriors are getting the better player in the deal. Maybe that has changed with the hiring of West but I doubt it.

Yeah that makes sense about the Warriors not being able to get FA, even though they got David Lee last year. But they can always add another player through a trade with the cap space as well. Like the Grizzlies did with Zach Randolph. Plus it does make sense that West would want to make some changes. Because what they are doing right now, isn't exactly working. I know a defensive and rebounding C like Asik would help, considering they have David Lee at PF.

jp611
06-01-2011, 07:11 PM
I think Chicago would be better off signing J.R. Smith in the offseason.

Yes he's a headcase, but the talent is there. If Thibs could get to him and maximize his talents and buy into their system, then he could do alot of damage with the Bulls.

No they're not at all, again, stop reading per game stats, they mean nothing, Monta Ellis couldnt sniff Kobe's jock strap

DeadlyVeyerus31
06-01-2011, 07:12 PM
No they're not at all, again, stop reading per game stats, they mean nothing, Monta Ellis couldnt sniff Kobe's jock strap

So prove me wrong!

jp611
06-01-2011, 07:16 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/ellismo01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html

LA_Raiders
06-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I dont see him working out for the Bulls, maybe Grizz...

DR_1
06-01-2011, 07:17 PM
No way are the Bulls giving up Deng.

jp611
06-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Kobe owns Monta in every aspect of the game, and he's in a downward spiral of his career, while Monta is in his prime... Comparing Monta Ellis to Kobe is downright disrespectful to one of the greatest players of all time, just stop

Spiggity_ace
06-01-2011, 07:20 PM
thats dumb i wanted to see if curry n ellis became an elecrifying back court in the future .With david lee n udoh downlow and wright on the wings this team could have had something, hope he stays

jp611
06-01-2011, 07:22 PM
thats dumb i wanted to see if curry n ellis became an elecrifying back court in the future .With david lee n udoh downlow and wright on the wings this team could have had something, hope he stays

He's not going anywhere, this is a crap rumor started by some ******* in the Bay Area, and the Bulls arent dumb enough to trade our top wing defender for a ******** like Ellis

ne3xchamps
06-01-2011, 07:22 PM

:cricket::cricket: probably not close to 60.

cubswin25
06-01-2011, 07:23 PM
The Bulls weren't interested in giving up Deng/Noah for Melo. What makes people think the Bulls would give up one of them for Ellis?

ne3xchamps
06-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I would be all for getting Monta Ellis, I think he would be a perfect fit next to Derrick Rose, but I would be hesitant on giving up one of our better defenders for him.

that would be a huge mistake on chicago's end. I don't think they would do that.

If they were to move deng, it better be for a better scorer then ellis.

ne3xchamps
06-01-2011, 07:27 PM

Ellis and superstar in the same sentence don't belong.

Lloyd Christmas
Yeah that makes sense about the Warriors not being able to get FA, even though they got David Lee last year. But they can always add another player through a trade with the cap space as well. Like the Grizzlies did with Zach Randolph. Plus it does make sense that West would want to make some changes. Because what they are doing right now, isn't exactly working. I know a defensive and rebounding C like Asik would help, considering they have David Lee at PF.

The last major free agent the Warriors brought in was Derek Fisher. In all honesty trading Monta for Asik, picks, and throw-ins would be taking 2 steps backwards with a very small chance at taking 2 steps forward down the road. 3 steps is an even bigger reach. Keeping Monta and trying to add a decent center like Asik through a trade with another team would make more sense IMO.

fadedmario
Bulls fans overvalue their players on here.

ne3xchamps
06-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Now this makes sense... JR Smith in Chicago coming off the bench would be lethal..

JR wants to be a starter I think. He would be lethal coming off anyone's bench, but I'm pretty sure he wants a lot of minutes.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-01-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure if either of these specific deals get down,especially the Bull 1.Hell naw!!!

The Grizzlies deal is a lil more likely simply b/c it has been talked about/discussed in the past.Plus Ellis does live in Memphis & he's from near by Jackson,Missippi.The talk out here is either Curry or Ellis for the right deal that would improve us in other areas is highly likely.

For the Grizzlies deal to work a 3rd team woul have to get involved.

jp611
06-01-2011, 07:43 PM

No, most logical people who know the game of basketball would take Deng over Ellis

Denver-boy
06-01-2011, 07:45 PM

:clap: agree, they think taj gibson striaght up for melo is fair lmao

Hiphopopotamus
06-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Bad idea for the Bulls. Just seems like a small, soft defensive backcourt. We need scoring, but I don't know. It's not an overvalue thing, it's just that Deng is more valuable to our team then he may be to others. Nobody other than Rose is untouchable on the Bulls, just needs to be the right player. Can be a smaller name player then Ellis, even just a better fit.

jp611
06-01-2011, 07:51 PM
JR Smith can do the same things Ellis does and he is a bigger body, I'd rather go after him

cubswin25
06-01-2011, 07:52 PM

Who are Bulls fans overvaluing here? Deng is a important player on both ends of the court in the Bulls system. So trading him would be a big mistake. Trading young players Asik or Taj(who teams around the league value and have valued in the past), cap space and picks are the type of trades we see in the NBA for players like Ellis all the time. Wasn't Kevin Martin(similar player) traded for Mcgradys contract(cap space) and basically Carl Landry?

Lloyd Christmas
06-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Who are Bulls fans overvaluing here? Deng is a important player on both ends of the court in the Bulls system. So trading him would be a big mistake. Trading young players Asik or Taj(who teams around the league value and have valued in the past), cap space and picks are the type of trades we see in the NBA for players like Ellis all the time.

Oh yeah, and the Warriors owner guaranteed they would make the playoffs next year and offered each season ticket holder certain incentives if they didn't. The Warriors always pack their stadium so I don't believe this was done as a marketing ploy more as an assurance they wouldn't make any money saving trades such as the trades the previous owner loved to make (J-Rich for Brandon Wright) which would weaken their chances. Ellis will not be moved in a similar trade.

bagwell368
06-01-2011, 07:58 PM

Yeah, and give up 65 points to who they are playing against. 20 for Rose and 45 for Monta. He's a brutal defensively. He is needed on a team with a strong team D that can help him out. Also good offensive rebounding would help too as Ellis misses a lot of shots.

Monta will be dealt for an expiring. They don't need any guys signed for three, they already have Ellis's replacement and he's better, cheaper, and younger (Curry).

Monta doesn't seem like a great fit for the Bulls unless he plays some D, and Rose plays more point and less shooter.

Stunner
06-01-2011, 08:17 PM
No, most logical people who know the game of basketball would take Deng over Ellis

This you have to think what is good for your team

asandhu23
06-01-2011, 08:21 PM
are you seriously still talking about this? TK is an idiot and then the guy who took his blog as serious is even worse. TK pulls things out of his *** to gain readers usually something that will gain a lot of notoriety among bay area fans. this is another attempt

koreancabbage
06-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Who are Bulls fans overvaluing here? Deng is a important player on both ends of the court in the Bulls system. So trading him would be a big mistake. Trading young players Asik or Taj(who teams around the league value and have valued in the past), cap space and picks are the type of trades we see in the NBA for players like Ellis all the time. Wasn't Kevin Martin(similar player) traded for Mcgradys contract(cap space) and basically Carl Landry?

I think the Bulls are fine as they are, but to get over that hump they gotta get scoring from that SG position.

12evolution 9
06-01-2011, 08:45 PM
lol if you guys do this ... its going to be a small back court thats for sure.

benzni
06-01-2011, 08:52 PM

every time I play as the Thunder in association mode, Doris Burke talks about how much chemistry Durant and Westbrook have.

I Am Awesome-O
06-01-2011, 08:56 PM
The Grizzlies have been hot for Ellis for years, but they aren't going to trade Gay for him.

I think that if they were to land Ellis, a third team would have to be involved, with OJ Mayo + another asset like Conley, Henry, or Arthur being the package they give up for him.

My opinion - Ellis would thrive next to an elite wing defender like Tony Allen. I'd be thrilled to have him as a Grizz fan.

SteveNash
06-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Bringing Ellis to Chicago would be great. They should work as hard as possible to get it done.

allvalleychamp
06-01-2011, 09:08 PM
For all of those who don't get to see Ellis play often their are some misconceptions. He is not a volume shooter, he is actually one of the most efficient scoring guards in the game. He has gone through stretches of shooting 60% for the month and is often around 50% shooting. He is also on a team with only one other player who can create a shot, so he is always the guy at the end of the shot clock taking the tough shot. If he was playing on a team that was more in the spotlight he would be higher regarded, but he is an all-star caliber player and an elite scorer. The Warriors should not trade him without getting all-star caliber talent back! From CHI I would want Gibson and another starter, Memphis Gay + Thabeet. I'd also be interested in Jefferson from UTA and WAS has some interesting players in McGee or Blatche

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-01-2011, 09:13 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=43etwdf

**This trade will happen AFTER June 30th (only bc it has to)
this also opens up cap for D12 and another foward if we lose LU

naztrack
06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
not a good move for the bulls, they cant play together and Deng is more valuable to the bulls then Monte will be

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Trade Deng for Ellis and a 2nd round pick.

Then trade Noah, Ellis, Gibson, 2 first round pick (including the Bobcats pick), and 2 second round pics (including GS's pick).

for...

jp611
06-01-2011, 09:19 PM

No it won't, they have no room for David Lee and Carlos Boozer on their team

dave831
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWsZbRiOOLI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You are sooooo dumb! 20ppg 5apg 5rpg and last years loto pick with a nice up side for some one who chokes more then sasha gray and a guy the dubs let walk! Please stop posting on here the world will be a better place.

chi-townlove1
06-01-2011, 09:35 PM
haters gonna hate... but Monta would be a great fit for most teams in the NBA, and would be a great fit next to Derrick. Theres comes that second option and scoring threat. We also said that Carlos Boozer, Keith Bogans, and Kyle Korver were lacking defense, but look what our coach did with them this year... turned us into the best defensive team in basketball. Monta would score, Ronnie would defend.. Period. I think an absolute great fit. Go get him f/o just not for too much..

SugeKnight
06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
For people saying mayo would be better next to rose than monta, can you explain what mayo does better than monta?

iFYouSeekAmy
06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I'd love to see Monta get traded... I've wanted him traded once we drafted Curry... I'd be very happy if the Warriors traded Monta for some draft picks and an expiring contract... I don't want a huge, lengthy contract in return for Monta...

:facepalm:

You don't trade Ellis for the sake of trading him, nor do you dump him for salary. You trade Ellis for equivalent talent or instant impact players.. borderline allstar or all star.

allvalleychamp pretty much covered what I was about to post.

esscobar05
06-01-2011, 09:44 PM
JR Smith can do the same things Ellis does and he is a bigger body, I'd rather go after him

Talk about someone not playing defense... Thats JR Smith.. But I think that he would be a btter fit in Chicago because they need a scorer off the bench.. monta brings more than just scoring...

KnicksR4Real
06-01-2011, 09:45 PM
so stupid

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah, and give up 65 points to who they are playing against. 20 for Rose and 45 for Monta. He's a brutal defensively. He is needed on a team with a strong team D that can help him out. Also good offensive rebounding would help too as Ellis misses a lot of shots.

Monta will be dealt for an expiring. They don't need any guys signed for three, they already have Ellis's replacement and he's better, cheaper, and younger (Curry).

Monta doesn't seem like a great fit for the Bulls unless he plays some D, and Rose plays more point and less shooter.

ughhh the bulls have a strong team D....? do your HomeWork

DoJoTheSlasher
06-01-2011, 09:53 PM
1. Monta Ellis is not that good. Anyone can average 24 ppg while taking 30 shots a game while playing no defense for the Warriors.

2. Why in the hell would they trade Deng who is far superior?

3. Maybe Mike Conley and Demarre Carroll or Taj Gibson and a pick.

Master Mind
06-01-2011, 09:54 PM
What about Deng/Gibson for Gay

or maybe Deng/Noah/Gibson for Gay/Gasol

:shrug:

lilojmayo
06-01-2011, 10:06 PM
For people saying mayo would be better next to rose than monta, can you explain what mayo does better than monta?

First of all regarding OJ Mayo and Monta Ellis, both are big time talents, can't go wrong with either one.

With that being said, OJ Mayo would be better next to Rose, because Mayo slowly has learned to play without the ball. His off the ball movement off screens to catch and shoots, off screens to catch pump drive, off screens to curls and fades is slowly becoming a work of art, he nows needs to get his effeciency up doing it, but the talent and skill is there. Not to mention OJ can run the lanes in transition and spot up or get ready to receive the pass. Think Rip Hamilton, and Ray Allen.

Mayo can shoot the 3 ball better than Monta, OJ shot 41% 3pt land these playoffs. This doesn't even regard Mayo's range extends about 30 ft ( 7 ft past the NBA 3pt line). This will spread out the floor for Rose, and help Rose rack up assists in his dribble drive.

Mayo can create his own shot, his two signature moves is the right to left wide crossover to a pull up, and a triple threat pump fake explode right first step to a pull up or drive. Rose doesn't have anyone else on his team that can create for themselves.

Mayo can be the other playmaker they need. Mayo simply knows how to make right reads off the pick and roll. Teams always go over the pick for Mayo, and the big flashes high to trap Mayo. This always leaves the screener for an open 18 ft mid range jumper on the pop. It is up to them to knock that down.

In terms of physical features both Monta and Mayo are undersize. Monta at 6'3, Mayo at 6'4. But Monta is only 180lbs soaking weight, and Mayo is a solid 210lbs of muscle. Which helps defend bigger players. Mayo is more of a team orientated player, the guy is a winner and will do anything for his team to get the W. Where Monta is more of a stats guy.

Mayo is best with the ball in his hands, just like Monta, but Mayo can play without the ball and come off screens since he is such a good shooter. Monta can't do that, at least not like Mayo which is the reason Mayo is the better fit for Rose. Moreso than Monta.

But you can't go wrong with either one.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-01-2011, 10:09 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3h4duay

to me this is fair for all

Darrell Russell
06-01-2011, 10:09 PM
1. Monta Ellis is not that good. Anyone can average 24 ppg while taking 30 shots a game while playing no defense for the Warriors.

Moronic

Monta ellis shoots 20 times per game and averages 24.1 ppg while shooting 45% and 36% from 3

derrick rose shot 20 times per game and averaged 25 ppg while shooting 44% and 33% from 3

Monta's true shooting percentage is .536%
rose's true shooting percentage is .550%

Monta's effective field goal percentage is .493%
rose's is .485%

2. Why in the hell would they trade Deng who is far superior?

Ridiculousness

3. Maybe Mike Conley and Demarre Carroll or Taj Gibson and a pick.

Master Mind
06-01-2011, 10:12 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3h4duay

to me this is fair for all

Memphis loses a lot in that deal, maybe keep Vasquez and that'll be a pretty good trade.

COOLbeans
06-01-2011, 10:19 PM

this is actually really wrong. You don't know 'most people' :rolleyes:. stop making things up and stick to your own opinions.

COOLbeans
06-01-2011, 10:22 PM

this statement is so so bad. I'm not a Monta homer, but JR Smith can't even sniff Monta's *** crack. (to reference your attempt at humor regarding Kobe's jock strap or something.)

AnalyzeNShoot
06-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Ellis to Grizz dont make no sense at all. They already have gay and mayo as scorers why ellis. Although Ellis on the bulls would be Nasty..............!

AddiX
06-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Would be like when my Knicks put marbs and Francis together. we saw how long that lasted. I don't believe this one bit. Neither of them can run an offense for there lives.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-01-2011, 10:33 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=43a78gu

idk if grizzlies would do this, they may just so they can resign GASOL

theheatles
06-01-2011, 10:33 PM
monta ellis to the nets for humphries, morrow and 2014,2015 1st rd picks

then dwight signs with the nets and it'll be a brooklyn/miami eastern conference finals for yrs

...with miami dominating of course;)

COOLbeans
06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Would be like when my Knicks put marbs and Francis together. we saw how long that lasted. I don't believe this one bit. Neither of them can run an offense for there lives.

Monta and Rose> Marbury and Francis.

I'd do the the 3 team deal somebody mentioned involving Memphis, Warriors and Chi. And the Warriors keep Vasquez and send the Griz Acie Law and/or Reggie Williams.

lilojmayo
06-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Ellis to Grizz dont make no sense at all. They already have gay and mayo as scorers why ellis. Although Ellis on the bulls would be Nasty..............!

Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo obviously can score the basketball. I remember last season Rudy had a game where he had 44 points and OJ had another game where he went for 40 points.

But neither of them can freakishly slash to the rim like Monta and get to the Ft at the rate that he can.

Imagine Z-bo and Gasol causes defenses to pick up a a few fouls then you have Monta out in the perimeter causes fouls. Teams will be within the penalty in within the first 5 minutes of the quarter.

That being said I don't see them trading Rudy Gay

MrfadeawayJB
06-01-2011, 10:44 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=43a78gu

idk if grizzlies would do this, they may just so they can resign GASOL

As much as i would hate to give up Rudy that seems to be a decent deal. I wouldnt do it but i could at least cope with it. Bulls fans would not want to do that because they all seem to think Deng is better than Gay lol

MrfadeawayJB
06-01-2011, 10:46 PM

I'd do the the 3 team deal somebody mentioned involving Memphis, Warriors and Chi. And the Warriors keep Vasquez and send the Griz Acie Law and/or Reggie Williams.

Griz might be interested in Reggie Williams but dont forget we cut acie law before he was picked up by your beloved warriors

COOLbeans
06-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Griz might be interested in Reggie Williams but dont forget we cut acie law before he was picked up by your beloved warriors

We'd part with Reggie Williams if we were able to acquire Vasquez in the original deal proposed.

Public Enemy #1
06-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't know why people continue to downplay Monta. He doesn't need 30 shots to get 25+ points. Nobody other than Warrior fans obviously watch him because everyone on here doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. As usual, its Bulls and Heat fans.

MrfadeawayJB
06-01-2011, 10:50 PM
We'd part with Reggie Williams if we were able to acquire Vasquez in the original deal proposed.

yeah....i kind of like vasquez though...he has the fire it takes to win at the NBA level. I think he could become a very good backup for us. Only way we trade him is if we can sign/acquire a backup vet pg

MrfadeawayJB
06-01-2011, 10:52 PM
It's kind of annoying how much the bulls/lakers/celtics/knicks etc. fans overvalue your players. Every fan of a team does it, but some is just ridiculous. A player is only worth what a opposing team will give up for them.

COOLbeans
06-01-2011, 10:56 PM
yeah....i kind of like vasquez though...he has the fire it takes to win at the NBA level. I think he could become a very good backup for us. Only way we trade him is if we can sign/acquire a backup vet pg

that's possible. there are several on the market right now without an NBA home. Antonio Daniels comes to mind. Carlos Arroyo, and Earl Boykins will soon be Unrestricted as well, among others.

cubswin25
06-01-2011, 11:00 PM
this is actually really wrong. You don't know 'most people' :rolleyes:. stop making things up and stick to your own opinions.

Actually the numbers say this as well.

Ellis-45% FG, 36% from 3, 54% TS, 49% eFG

Deng-46% FG, 35% from 3, 55 TS%, 51% eFG

The difference was Ellis scored 6.6 PPG more, because he averaged 6 more shots per game. So Deng is a more efficient offensive player, and a lot better defender. I'm not saying he isn't a good player and scorer, but some people on here are overrating him. For 11m the next two years, he's not gonna bring much in return. Especially not a player who is better then Ellis is. The Warriors would be lucky to get cap relief, a good young player and draft picks in return for him. Because he's really not THAT good, here are Ellis numbers last year and a few FA SG.

Ellis-45% FG, 36% from 3, 54% TS, 49% eFG- 24 PPG in 20 shots per game

FA SG #1- 45% FG, 40% from 3, 56% TS, 54% eFG-15.6 PPG in 13 shots per game.

FA SG #2- 44% FG, 36% from 3, 53% TS, 51% eFG-14 PPG in 12 shots per game.

Well FA SG #1 is Jason Richardson and FA SG #2 is Vince Carter who both could be had for Mid level this off season. So if Ellis isn't really that much more efficient offensive player(which is the main part of his game) then those veterans. Then why would some team give up a ton for Ellis? Don't get me wrong I would rather have Ellis over one of those guys. He's younger and more explosive offensive player at this stage of their careers. But if those guys could be had for 5-6m on 1 or 2 year deals. While you have Ellis at 2 year and 22m. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, to give them more then maybe a younger player with upside, draft picks and cap relief in return. What good does it do a team to trade a player or as good as Ellis or better. When they can keep the player they have and a player who was just as efficient as a scorer last year.

cubswin25
06-01-2011, 11:07 PM
It's kind of annoying how much the bulls/lakers/celtics/knicks etc. fans overvalue your players. Every fan of a team does it, but some is just ridiculous. A player is only worth what a opposing team will give up for them.

I don't see anyone in this thread overvaluing their own players. So I dunno what you are talking about. But it works both way for teams, a lot of people in here are overvaluing Ellis as well. But for Bulls/Lakers/Celtics part of the reason they might overvalue a player. Has to do with what he brings to their team and trying to find a replacement for that. It's not always as simple as this guy is as good as that guy or better. It has to do with what your team is losing by losing that guy. Which is something you need to consider when your team is a contending team.

MrfadeawayJB
06-01-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't see anyone in this thread overvaluing their own players. So I dunno what you are talking about. But it works both way for teams, a lot of people in here are overvaluing Ellis as well. But for Bulls/Lakers/Celtics part of the reason they might overvalue a player. Has to do with what he brings to their team and trying to find a replacement for that. It's not always as simple as this guy is as good as that guy or better. It has to do with what your team is losing by losing that guy. Which is something you need to consider when your team is a contending team.

i have seen both ellis and ecspecially Deng overvalued in this thread. Deng is very valuable to chicago, but they act like he is a top 5 sf or something lol

0nekhmer
06-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Bulls would then have 2 undersized SG's
get
Richard Hamilton
Ben Gordon (again)
Dorrel Wright
Anthony Parker
Randy Foye

ONE OF THOSE GUYS. NOT ELLIS :facepalm:

COOLbeans
06-01-2011, 11:32 PM
get
Richard Hamilton
Ben Gordon (again)
Dorrel Wright
Anthony Parker
Randy Foye

Monta Ellis is a better undersized SG than Ben Gordon.

D Roses Bulls
06-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Boozer and Deng

and how did that worrk out in the playoffs? deng had a couple nice games, but boozer? come on now........

cubswin25
06-02-2011, 12:09 AM
i have seen both ellis and ecspecially Deng overvalued in this thread. Deng is very valuable to chicago, but they act like he is a top 5 sf or something lol

Well you just answered that for yourself, Deng is very valuable to Chicago. So it would take a lot for Bulls fans want to move him. A player is only as valuable as he is to his team. Say Deng was on the Warriors and they were a 500 team and poor defensivly. Fans wouldn't value Deng not nearly as much, just like Bulls fans didn't the last few years. But for a team, like the Bulls who pride themselves on quality defense and being a quality rebounding team. A SF who can score the ball well, play quality defense and rebound well is very valuable and hard to find another guy who does all of those things well for them.

cubswin25
06-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Monta Ellis is a better undersized SG than Ben Gordon.

I dunno Gordon last three years on the Bulls, he averaged 21.4, 18.6 and 20.7 PPG. Shooting 46, 43, 46 percent from the field and was also a 41 percent 3 point shooter. While taking 16, 15 and 16 shots per game. So Gordon is just as good FG shooter, better 3 point shooter and better free throw shooter. The last two years on the Pistons, Gordon hasn't gotten the chance to be the go to guy like he often was on the Bulls and Ellis is with the Warriors. Personally I think there basically the same player, Ellis is just in a better situation then Gordon is. Because Ellis wouldn't be putting up big offensive numbers if he was getting 9-11 shots per game either.

TylerSL
06-02-2011, 12:20 AM
ok Bulls and Grizzlies fans. You dont want him. I am telling you this now, he will end up being more of a headache for either of your teams than anything else. Both of your teams are on the rise and this would **** it up. The Grizzlies would have to give a package involving one of Rudy Gay or OJ Mayo and that is a bad idea in itself. I would think the Warriors would want a package around Noah for him to be dealt to Chicago. And I am saying it now, its not worth it, AT ALL!

CityofChaos
06-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Monta Ellis and the Warriros 11th pick for Andre Iguadola and the Sixers 16th pick

TylerSL
06-02-2011, 12:57 AM
Monta Ellis and the Warriros 11th pick for Andre Iguadola and the Sixers 16th pick

Warriors would win that deal.

DeyAce
06-02-2011, 12:58 AM
get
Richard Hamilton
Ben Gordon (again)
Dorrel Wright
Anthony Parker
Randy Foye

Those guys all suck. I'd rather have Ellis

TylerSL
06-02-2011, 12:59 AM
get
Richard Hamilton
Ben Gordon (again)
Dorrel Wright
Anthony Parker
Randy Foye

Bulls need to get Richard Hamilton.

DeyAce
06-02-2011, 01:31 AM
**** Hamilton. He's done. He'll be like another Bogans. We need Mayo, Ellis, or E. Gordon

cubswin25
06-02-2011, 01:46 AM
**** Hamilton. He's done. He'll be like another Bogans. We need Mayo, Ellis, or E. Gordon

Sorry but that's just wrong. The player you add doesn't always have to be young and a big name for it to be a good move. First of all Eric Gordon isn't a option the Clippers aren't letting him go. But look at Mayo or Ellis stats and compare them to Hamilton, Jason Richardson or even Vince Carter. Then try to tell me why those guys are done and why the Bulls need those other guys? When are some people going to learn that just because a guy is 31-34, and his numbers have dropped off from his peak years. Doesn't make the player bad or worthless. Yes you wouldn't want the older guys for probably more then one year. But in 2011-2012 season, those older guys are likely still going to be pretty darn productive. So to even compare Richard Hamilton to Bogans is just pure nonsense. Hamilton still averaged 14 PPG, shot 43 percent and 38 percent from 3 in 27 minutes a game last year. Also he can create his own shot and play defense. All Bogans can do is hit wide open 3s at a 38 percent rate and play solid defense. Nobody would be asking one of those veterans to lead their teams in scoring like they once did. So yes for long term reasons, it would be better to get a Mayo or Ellis. But to totally shoot down, bringing in a veteran if the other guys asking price is too high. Is well just silly.

JayHunter
06-02-2011, 02:17 AM
A 6-3 pg & sg

JayHunter
06-02-2011, 02:18 AM
sorry but that's just wrong. The player you add doesn't always have to be young and a big name for it to be a good move. First of all eric gordon isn't a option the clippers aren't letting him go. But look at mayo or ellis stats and compare them to hamilton, jason richardson or even vince carter. Then try to tell me why those guys are done and why the bulls need those other guys? When are some people going to learn that just because a guy is 31-34, and his numbers have dropped off from his peak years. Doesn't make the player bad or worthless. Yes you wouldn't want the older guys for probably more then one year. But in 2011-2012 season, those older guys are likely still going to be pretty darn productive. So to even compare richard hamilton to bogans is just pure nonsense. Hamilton still averaged 14 ppg, shot 43 percent and 38 percent from 3 in 27 minutes a game last year. Also he can create his own shot and play defense. All bogans can do is hit wide open 3s at a 38 percent rate and play solid defense. Nobody would be asking one of those veterans to lead their teams in scoring like they once did. So yes for long term reasons, it would be better to get a mayo or ellis. But to totally shoot down, bringing in a veteran if the other guys asking price is too high. Is well just silly.

i agree

LakersIn5
06-02-2011, 03:10 AM
what the bulls need is for the heat to leave the nba so that can have a chance of making the nba finals

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-02-2011, 03:38 AM
You are smoking!

LOL Bulls would laugh on your face:laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-02-2011, 03:40 AM
You have been reading too much.. Ellis is actually not a bad defender at all... Sometimes he does shoot too much but he still has 5 or so assist a game. He is always up near the top in steals.. He not a bad player.. He is a 47% lifetime FG shooter which is not bad for a 6'3 guard..

Steals don't make you a good defender:yawn:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Actually if you look at Ellis stats compared to Kobe Bryant, they are almost the exact same if not better. So is Kobe a chucker also?? If the Bulls could workout a deal that did not include Deng or Noah I would be happy.

please don't start with regular stats:puke:

they are worthless

TylerSL
06-02-2011, 03:43 AM
LOL Bulls would laugh on your face:laugh:

so would any rational fan lol. Why would Chicago trade a young Deng and Taj for an eniffecient Ellis????????

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-02-2011, 03:50 AM

he would be a better fit in Chicago than Ellis, not a better player.

You get it now?

Spiggity_ace
06-02-2011, 04:32 AM
He's not going anywhere, this is a crap rumor started by some ******* in the Bay Area, and the Bulls arent dumb enough to trade our top wing defender for a ******** like Ellis

haha yea this kawakami guy seems like a idiot

i wouldn't call ellis a ********, hes a very good player

AddiX
06-02-2011, 11:16 AM

Everyone thought marbs and Francis were the best thing to happen to the pg position when theywere young.

That's how it works tpwhen players are young. People forget they both had those crazy contracts ffor a reason.

Btw marbs was maybe the most complete pg ever from a talent and ability stand point. He just didn't have it mentally. And framcis was the rose of his time.

Things change quickly in this league.

Southsideheat
06-02-2011, 11:22 AM
The Bulls wouldn't keep Ellis, they would trade him along with Noah, Gibson, and picks for Howard.

tr3ymill3r
06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
UGH now I have to post this here as well...Force trades do not work in real life!!! I know a majority of you live on PSD, Facebook, and twitter but that realm is not real. Doesn't Chicago have the MVP? Ellis is fun to watch, but only for spurts he isn't consistent aside from consistently shooting. Let me guess, you're probably a Bulls fan and your proposed trade is Kyle Korver and a left over signed MJ jersey.

Fmaranesi
06-02-2011, 11:39 AM
this would make the bulls worse, they don't need a player that is constantly going to take the ball out of derrick's hands. They need a Sg that can pop the 3s and create his own shot without ball hogging the ball.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-02-2011, 11:46 AM
UGH now I have to post this here as well...Force trades do not work in real life!!! I know a majority of you live on PSD, Facebook, and twitter but that realm is not real. Doesn't Chicago have the MVP? Ellis is fun to watch, but only for spurts he isn't consistent aside from consistently shooting. Let me guess, you're probably a Bulls fan and your proposed trade is Kyle Korver and a left over signed MJ jersey.

Who are you talking to? You might want to try quoting a person so they know you are talking to them.