PDA

View Full Version : Any possible way that if the Heat win, there are Co-Finals MVP?

JordansBulls
06-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Never happened before, and I doubt it happens here, as I believe there are 11 votes. But if say for some reason Dirk got 1 vote or 3 votes and Wade and Lebron got 5 each or 4 each, then you could have a co finals mvp.

Anyone think it will happen, or you think one or the other gets finals mvp no matter what?

Note: Assumming the Heat win of course.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I think it would depend on two players having the same performance.

TheHighLife
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Wouldn't it have to be co-co-MVP? They are called the Big 3, right?

MagicHero3
06-01-2011, 03:13 PM
i dont see that happening. the MVP will be Dirk if the Mavs win and Lebron if the Heat win

pebloemer
06-01-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure about the hypothetical question of co-MVP's.

But the reality of the post-season, I really don't see Wade having a case for co-MVP with LeBron.

MVP race will come down to Dirk and LeBron - depending on which team wins.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-01-2011, 03:25 PM
I wish they could get Co-MVPS, but I see voters giving Lebron the votes even if him and Wade are tied statistically and both play equally. So like other posters have said Mavs win, Dirk gets it, Heat win, more than likely Lebron gets it.

Fnom11
06-01-2011, 03:26 PM
It's not MVP of the post-season, it's MVP of the Finals. As of now Wade and Lebron are neck and neck. They do however have 3 more games to win before it even matters.

redsox0717
06-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I wish they could get Co-MVPS, but I see voters giving Lebron the votes even if him and Wade are tied statistically and both play equally. So like other posters have said Mavs win, Dirk gets it, Heat win, more than likely Lebron gets it.

If they had exactly the same stats then obviously they would win Co-MVPs provided the Heat win, but LeBron will put up better stats because he is the superior player so he will win the MVP if the Heat win it all.

Law25
06-01-2011, 03:40 PM
If they had exactly the same stats then obviously they would win Co-MVPs provided the Heat win, but LeBron will put up better stats because he is the superior player so he will win the MVP if the Heat win it all.

You know that for sure? Wade is proven the better player in the Finals in recent history. .

MelkyNYY
06-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Bosh gets 3 votes, Bron gets 3 votes, Wade gets 3 votes, Derrick Rose gets 2 votes

Tri-MVPS

John Walls Era
06-01-2011, 03:48 PM
I'd give it to Lebron. Hes been playing better than Wade.

Law25
06-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Lebron posted 24 5 9
Wade posted 22 6 10
Bosh posted 19 3 9

I dont see that changing to much and if im right Wade should win MVP. People should stop trying to push the kid to the top of the mountain and let him climb like every other player.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-01-2011, 03:54 PM

Somebody above said there are 11 votes so unless someone voted for Dirk even if the Heat won, which is unlikely, they could not get co-mvps.

Law25
06-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I'd give it to Lebron. Hes been playing better than Wade.

Means nothing in the finals. After their first championship Kobe was better than Shaq in the playoffs and Shaq took over in the finals for the most part. That was always the knock on Kobe and i see no different in LeBrons case with Wade. To be an great player you have to have an huge ego. Do people really think Wade would just let LeBron come and take over his squad. You can tell by game one Wade will let LeBron get the attention and he will stay back and smile than take finals mvp.

Bruno
06-01-2011, 04:09 PM
LeBron had a slightly better game one (just like he's had a slightly better post-season), but it's so funny how the media (ESPN, NBA.COM) have headlines saying "James carries Heat to victory"; and the very next slide it says "Wade and the Heat struggle in game one win, could this mean trouble for Dallas?"

Look at their stats, LBJ was more efficient, but they were nearly equal in everything else. JB, I doubt a co-MVP happens, LBJ won this award before the series even started.

I think it would have to go seven for Dirk to get a vote (on the losing team). It's possible I guess; if any dynamic could bring home a co-MVP it would be James/Wade.

JordansBulls
06-01-2011, 06:05 PM
It's not MVP of the post-season, it's MVP of the Finals. As of now Wade and Lebron are neck and neck. They do however have 3 more games to win before it even matters.

This. People forget it is not the entire playoffs.

TheRunKiller
06-01-2011, 06:17 PM
more like Dirk/Terry co finals MVP

daboywonder2002
06-01-2011, 06:38 PM
no, its lebron's to lose.

blastmasta26
06-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I definitely think LeBron is getting it. I don't see the Heat losing the series and I don't see Wade outplaying LeBron significantly enough to get the award over him.

Hawkeye15
06-01-2011, 07:54 PM
If the Heat win, and LeBron and Wade have had the same impact, LeBron will get it. He is the poster boy for the NBA at this point, and they NEED him to get it.

Sorry, just thinking politically here

unleashthebeast
06-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Wouldn't it have to be co-co-MVP? They are called the Big 3, right?

Oh i'm sorry, I forgot that there could be absolutely no weak links in a Big 3... I guess there was no weak link between KG, Allen, and pierce either, huh? Stop hating man, we knew bosh was the weakest out of the 3 from the get-go, but he is still a damn fine player, who has now become a defensive and rebounding stud as well

theheatles
06-01-2011, 08:50 PM
I would love for them to be CO-MVP's but LeBron would get it barring something miraculous from wade

12evolution 9
06-01-2011, 09:22 PM
i hope there is co mvp's.... i would say that Wade would not mind Lebron getting it this year after all the crap James went through .. even if WADE had a better finals....

if Wade has a better Finals .. i dont think Lebron would mind much either if WADE got Finals MVP... I think, and maybe james too that Wade is going to be 30 next season..
there fore Lebron is going to have a lot more opportunities to get Final's MVP ...

But either way...

if i had to choose... i choose joel anthony or Udonis Haslem that way i dont have to pick between Wade and JAmes or even leave Bosh out...

i love my team too much ... We will see tho... who ever plays the best deserves the award.

either way.. ill be happy with the Larry O Brien Trophy.

beasted86
06-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Everybody should already know, Derrick Rose is going to win Finals MVP even if he's not in the Finals.

He's just that good.

/thread

Bruno
06-01-2011, 09:53 PM
If the Heat win, and LeBron and Wade have had the same impact, LeBron will get it. He is the poster boy for the NBA at this point, and they NEED him to get it.

Don't apologize man. You're 100% spot on.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I wish they could get Co-MVPS, but I see voters giving Lebron the votes even if him and Wade are tied statistically and both play equally.

Yep, I agree completely.

Jewelz0376
06-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Like has already been said...No way Lebron doesn't get Mvp if the Heat win...

The only way Wade could get it is if he has an 06'finals flashback...which I can't see happening because I doubt the Heat would even need a performance like that