PDA

View Full Version : Labor negotiation

godolphins
06-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Marcus Spears

Stern says there will be "full blown" CBA bargaining sessions tomorrow and in Dallas.

Stern says he expects both sides to make best offer before lockout in fear it will be "destructive" after.

Stern says a franchise tag hasn't been proposed in CBA negotiations.

Dave Hyde

David Stern on labor negotiations Weds: "We've told everyone to bring their negotiating talents to South Beach."

Stern on if there's a hard salary cap after next collective bargaining + cause Heat to shed one of Big 3: "That's part of negotiations."

Q to Stern: If there's a hard cap,would there be concern about a risk of a team w/multiple all stars like Miami, having to shed a contract?

Stern: "That's part of the neogiaton. There are all kinds of negs that go on in these things between teams that have diff roster make-ups

More Stern: "..between teams and mong teams that gross diff amounts generally when it comes to revenue sharing .... This is very complex."

*Tweets from last night

If we don't get an agreement out of this there will most likely be a lockout.

PhillyFaninLA
06-01-2011, 12:27 PM
No website aside from random persons blog is more credible the twitter

MagicHero3
06-01-2011, 12:30 PM
shed the big 3? shoot just keep lebron and wade there thats all you need lol. Miami will be like "sure, bye bosh! hello better backups!"

3Blueforyou
06-01-2011, 12:35 PM
shed the big 3? shoot just keep lebron and wade there thats all you need lol. Miami will be like "sure, bye bosh! hello better backups!"

agreed that would really round out their team.

If a hard cap came into place would they need to create someway of reducing contracts to reflect this change? Not to say the big 2.75 in miami will not be broken up, just wondering how the rest of the league would be effected by this. I know crazy concept, but just outta curiosity.

godolphins
06-01-2011, 12:36 PM
No website aside from random persons blog is more credible the twitter
:confused:

godolphins
06-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Marcus Spears: "NBPA director Billy Hunter said he is "hopeful" that a lockout can be averted."

heathonater
06-01-2011, 06:32 PM
hopefully the nba labor negotiations arent a repeat of the current nfl negotiations. i hope that this never reaches the court system and the league can come to an agreement in a timely manner.

DR_1
06-01-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't think theyre close to an agreement. From what I've heard, it's worse than the NFL.

naztrack
06-01-2011, 09:25 PM
this is where i can finally take out my hate for Stern.....his true colors will show soon i cant wait.

daleja424
06-01-2011, 09:27 PM
The NBA is on the upswing... highly doubt there is a lockout

It is all about the money. If the players all take a 10% paycut and keep everything else the same both sides would agree pretty quickly IMO

Fnom11
06-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Whats kind of funny is, the players hold ALL of the power in these talks and it's completely the owners fault. Don't give out horrible ****ing contracts/draft ****** players and this whole problem would've been averted.

There will 100% be a lockout.

Fnom11
06-01-2011, 10:20 PM
The NBA is on the upswing... highly doubt there is a lockout

It is all about the money. If the players all take a 10% paycut and keep everything else the same both sides would agree pretty quickly IMO

I really don't understand how people come to the conclusion that teams will cut players. It would make far more sense to reduce contracts by percentages rather than cutting players.

It's also stupid players like Kobe are making 24mil a year for playing for a franchise for that long. They should eliminate that.

TylerSL
06-01-2011, 10:51 PM
the problem is, both the owners and union wont budge an inch. The owners want to shed 700-800 million and the players dont want to shed at all. But both have to give an inch to get an inch. IMO the players should take a 10-15% pay cut and the league should be allowed to cut alot of the pention for retired players. Not all of it, but a good 75-90%. Alot of retired NBA players are set for life and dont need to be paid by the NBA. If the players would take a paycut that owners are demanding and the owners accept 10-15%, and they let the owners cut pentions for retired players then IMO 85% of the problem is solved.

EDIT: When I mean 10-15% paycut, I mean cut max, and mid level salaries by 10-15% immediatly.

TylerSL
06-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Also, if they if the owners proposed that starting in the 2013-2014 NBA Season no teams can go above 70 million dollar payroll, that includes team that are over 70 million payroll before the new CBA. Right now, both the Lakers and Magic both have payrolls over 90 million. That would give the teams in the NBA with payroll over 70 million time to reduce sallary, and it wouldnt force teams to lose their star players. It would also make teams think before spending their money (yes, I am talking to you Otis Smith). If the league does this, and what I said in my previous post, hello new CBA.

TylerSL
06-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Also, I think the NBA owners dont want a lockout. Thats the difference between the NFL owners and NBA owners. The NFL owners want the Union to bow into their demmands or suffer a lockout because they think they can last longer than the union. The NBA Owners want to make money, and with NBA more popular than ever, I doubt the NBA owners will risk a lockout.

beasted86
06-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Whats kind of funny is, the players hold ALL of the power in these talks and it's completely the owners fault. Don't give out horrible ****ing contracts/draft ****** players and this whole problem would've been averted.

There will 100% be a lockout.

This.

I'm not trying to single out any particular team, but you have owners of teams like the Pistons who run out and pay $60M to Ben Gordon, $40M to Charlie Villanueva, then want to cry later on when they are losing money, and stuck with weak players and a losing team.

Nobody was threatening to sign those guys. You weren't bidding against anyone. How is it the first damn day of free agency Ben Gordon & Charlie V already reach agreements? Nobody but the owners fault.

3Blueforyou
06-02-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-02/lebron-james-s-heat-face-breakup-under-nba-owners-latest-labor-proposal.html

A little read about the current negotiations, I am sorry it has anything to with the heat. Don't jump on me.

godolphins
06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-02/lebron-james-s-heat-face-breakup-under-nba-owners-latest-labor-proposal.html

A little read about the current negotiations, I am sorry it has anything to with the heat. Don't jump on me.
If there's a $45 million hard cap every team will face the same situation. Wade and Lebron aren't selfish so I wouldn't be surprise if they are willing to take another pay cut, plus they make a lot off the court.