PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Super Team

cbreezy34
06-01-2011, 03:56 AM
Watching the heat and there three all-stars got me thinking about super team combos. So my question is simply which of the following teams would you want the most/ which one would in a playoff series if all these "teams' matched up. Since there are so few good centers in the NBA im gonna make D Howard the Center for each team.

The Athletic Team- Pg) Derrick Rose Sg) D-Wade Sf) Lebron James PF) Amare Stodumire C) Dwight Howard 6th man... Iggy.
Man would this team be tough to stop. Only problem is would there be enough ball to go around. D Rose is a shoot first PG and we all know and Howard needs the ball.

The Shooting Team- PG) Steve Nash SG) Ray Allen SF) Kevin Durant PF) Dirk Nowitski C) Dwight Howard 6th man.... Jason Terry
This team would be tough to stop. Even when a few of the guys were having an off shooting game someone would be there to pick it up for them.

The Savy Vets Squad PG) Jason Kidd SG) Kobe Bryant SF) Paul Pierce PF) Tim Duncan C) Dwight Howard 6th man.... Grant Hill
Talk about experience this team has 10 titles between the 5 of them. With J Kidds all around game getting Kobe Timmy and Pierce involved would any defense be good enough to stop them?

The Defensive Juggernut PG) Rajon Rondo SG) Andre Igudola SF) Lebron James PF) Kevin Garnett C) Dwight Howard
6th Man- Shane Battier
Good Luck scoring on this team.

The Ballers PG) Chris Paul SG) Russel Westbrook SF) Carmelo Anthony PF) Amare Stodumire C) Dwight Howard 6th man- Monta Ellis
The Combo of Westbrook and Paul would be scary.

The Solid Squad PG) Deron Williams SG) Kobe Bryant SF) Kevin Durant PF) Chris Bosh C) Dwight Howard 6th Man- Grant Hill
- D Will having these weapons around him? Ill take it.

The Tall Squad PG) Lebron James SG) Kobe Bryant SF) Dirk PF) Dwight Howard C) Yao Ming 6th Man-

The Wow Factor Squad PG) Chris Paul SG) Kobe Bryant SF) Camelo Anthony PF) Dirk C) Dwight

The Young Guns PG) John Wall SG) Eric Gordon SF) James Harden PF) Blake Griffin C) Demarcus Cousins 6th Man.... Jrue Holliday

Team Awesome PG) Anthony Carter SG) Willie Green SF) Brian Scalabrinie PF) Zaza Pachulia C) Darko 6th man...... The Collins twins

Aapox
06-01-2011, 04:04 AM
I would say the Solid team would win. Closely though over team Awesome

210Don
06-01-2011, 04:11 AM
lol @ d12 on all them

PurpleJesus
06-01-2011, 04:16 AM
man, when I read the title of this thread, I thought "oh great, another one of these," but you put some thought into this. I like it.

When I read the athletic team, I thought, no way can those guys be beat...then, I read the savvy vet squad, and the defensive squad.

I would rank these teams in this order

Defense
Athletic
Vet

marvILLous
lmao.. the ballers? the solid squad? :laugh:

TheHighLife
The Wow Factor Squad. Dirk , Howard, Kobe, Paul , Carmelo.

Raph12
06-01-2011, 05:02 AM
lol @ d12 on all them

Well who would be stupid enough not to include the most impactful player in the league on any roster?...

aussie
06-01-2011, 05:34 AM
CP3, DWade, LBJ, Dirk, D12

Rosh
06-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Watching the heat and there three all-stars got me thinking about super team combos. So my question is simply which of the following teams would you want the most/ which one would in a playoff series if all these "teams' matched up. Since there are so few good centers in the NBA im gonna make D Howard the Center for each team.

The Athletic Team- Pg) Derrick Rose Sg) D-Wade Sf) Lebron James PF) Amare Stodumire C) Dwight Howard 6th man... Iggy.
Man would this team be tough to stop. Only problem is would there be enough ball to go around. D Rose is a shoot first PG and we all know and Howard needs the ball.

I'd like to debunk the myth here that Rose is a shoot-first PG. Rose has stated many a time that he would prefer to play distributor, but the fact that he does not have many viable options on offense in Chicago has forced him to push the issue offensively more. Just because he is currently required to be a major scorer in Chicago doesn't mean he is pass-first by nature.

I'm sure he would have no problem dishing the ball off in a situation where he had multiple scoring options like that.

rabzouz 96
06-01-2011, 05:50 AM
I'd like to debunk the myth here that Rose is a shoot-first PG. Rose has stated many a time that he would prefer to play distributor, but the fact that he does not have many viable options on offense in Chicago has forced him to push the issue offensively more. Just because he is currently required to be a major scorer in Chicago doesn't mean he is pass-first by nature.

I'm sure he would have no problem dishing the ball off in a situation where he had multiple scoring options like that.

weird that all the other pg with worse options are still playing as distributors from cp3 over williams to nash then

eugene
06-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Where is the Kindergarden squad??? :D :D

bholly
06-01-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure Dwight is the best shooting center. I'm also not sure who'd be the best, though. Horford, maybe?

Jaji
06-01-2011, 08:25 AM
How is Blake Griffin not on the Athletic Team???

MagicHero3
06-01-2011, 08:41 AM
dwiiiiigght! lol

dibacco59
06-01-2011, 08:57 AM
the dream squad:

1) Derrick Rose
2) Dwayne Wade
3) Kevin Durant
4) LeBron James
5) Dwight Howard

6th man: Kobe Bryant

rapjuicer06
06-01-2011, 09:06 AM
How about the most realistic squad? as in, they'd be able to play the best with each other

Chris Paul-Andre Iguodala-Loul Deng-Kevin Love-Dwight Howard
sixth man-James Harden

two of the best rebounders in the game, two of the best wing defenders in the game, one of the best pg defenders in the game. you have a distributer in Paul, two shooters in Deng and Love, and a low post guy in Dwight to keep everyone honest. Then Harden off the bench and its lights out. I'd take that team over most if not all the others, one primary ball handler, great court vision, great on ball defender (Paul), a slasher, great finisher, good passer, elite defender (Iggy), decent shooter, great length and damn good defender (Deng), elite rebounder, good 3 point shooter, open up the low post (Love), elite rebounder, elite defender, best low post presence in the game (Howard)

that team is as close to unbeatable as possible.

uprightciti
06-01-2011, 09:07 AM
ultimate super team

pg: Magic sg: Jordan sf: Lebron pf: Dirk c: Shaq

ne3xchamps
06-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Where's the "jump really high" squad. :laugh2:

Rentzias
06-01-2011, 09:17 AM
How is Blake Griffin not on the Athletic Team???
Also on the Wow squad.
Should've put a poll for this. I'm going with Defensive Juggernaut.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Where's the "jump really high" squad. :laugh2:

PG: Nate Robinson (43.5)
SG: Shannon Brown (44.5 in.)
SF: Jamario Moon (47 in.)
PF: Blake Griffin (37.5 in.)
C: Serge Ibaka (42 in.)

6th Man: Lebron James (44 in.)

ttam68
06-01-2011, 09:32 AM
The athletic team would shoot 70 FTs per game.

sixer04fan
06-01-2011, 09:41 AM
I am in love with Team Awesome!

MiamiWadeCounty
06-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Top 15 Nicknames:

Guards-Small Forwards

Dwyane Wade - "Flash"
Kobe Bryant - "Black Mamba"
Kevin Durant - "Durantula"
Lebron James - "King James"
Shawn Marion - "The Matrix"
Jameer Nelson - "Mighty Mouse"
Tracy McGrady - "T-Mac"
Paul Pierce - "The Truth"
Ray Allen - "Ray Ray", "Sugar Ray"

Big Men

Shaq (A nickname itself) - "Diesel", "Superman", "Daddy", "M.D.E", etc.
Dwight Howard - "Superman", "Steel Man"
Kevin Garnett - "The Big Ticket"
Tim Duncan - "The Big Fundamental"
Serge Ibaka - "Air Congo"
Zyrdunas - "Big Z"

I'm probably forgetting a few, but that's off the top of my head.

Rentzias
06-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Shooting team's the best fantasy team.

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-01-2011, 10:25 AM
What about..

Pg- Westbrook
Sg- Kobe
Sf- Durant
Pf- Griffin
C- Howard

6-man. Michael Jordan :D

king4day
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Athletic team.

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Top 15 Nicknames:

Guards-Small Forwards

Dwyane Wade - "Flash"
Tracy McGrady - "T-Mac"

Big Men

Zyrdunas - "Big Z"

Chris Paul - " Cp3
Vince Carter - " Vincesanity

benzni
06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Ultimate NBA bust team:

Darko, Kwame, Oden, Miles, Terrence Williams. No positional order.

ramz.n
06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
why on earth is dwight howard on the "shooting team"??:confused:

Ebbs
06-01-2011, 10:50 AM
The tall squad needs the 6th man.

CP3, Wade, Lebron, Dirk, Dwight

Using only current backups for my bench: Barea, Terry, Odom, Haywood,

Da Knicks
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I would take the ballers but replace Westbrook with Lbj

pg. Paul
sg. James
sf. Melo
pf. Stat
c. Howard

that team would be unbeatable.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Ultimate NBA bust team:

Darko, Kwame, Oden, Miles, Terrence Williams. No positional order.

* Adam Morrison

meloman1592
06-01-2011, 11:25 AM
The wow factor squad is the best fitting team.

cbreezy34
06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
I tried to make a poll but it said i couldn't because it wasnt within 10 minutes of me posting the thread... which was false... mods can you help me out with this to make the thread better?

airforceones25
06-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Durant > Kobe

Team Tall

Raph12
06-01-2011, 03:01 PM
ultimate super team

pg: Magic sg: Jordan sf: Lebron pf: Dirk c: Shaq

Wrong, Magic and Lebron both need the ball to be effective, and where is Duncan?... IMO it would be either:

Magic-Jordan-Bird-Duncan-Shaq

or

Kidd-Jordan-Lebron-Duncan-Shaq

Btw if you take a look at CP3 coming into the league, after his third season (best statistical season of all time by a PG), he was on pace to be the GOAT to play PG and in his prime I'd take him over any PG in league history.

Lake_Show2416
06-01-2011, 03:10 PM
wow factor would kill

shep33
06-01-2011, 03:18 PM
The Ultimate team would be Kobe and Shaq both in their primes. People forget Kobe was still a baby, even though he still lit up the league. Imagine Kobe from 26-31 with a Shaq at the same age.

mdm692
06-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Offensive juggernaut

Nash
Kobe
Melo
Dirk
Stat

smith&wesson
06-01-2011, 03:24 PM
lol @ d12 on all them

lol ya d12 is on every team haha.

numba1CHANGsta
06-01-2011, 03:24 PM
How about the All-Clutch Team:

PG-Rose
SG-Kobe
SF-Lebron
PF-Dirk
C-D12

6th man-Durant

Slimsim
06-01-2011, 03:28 PM

PG-Rose
SG-Kobe
SF-Lebron
PF-Dirk
C-D12

6th man-Durant

No

Miltstar
06-01-2011, 03:34 PM
how about the Unstoppable team

1. Rose
2. Lebron
3. Durant
4. Dirk
5. Howard

Bench
1. The Blake Show
2. Carmello
3. CP3
4. Cousins
5. Steph Curry

TaylorMays
06-01-2011, 03:41 PM
6th man team? Obviously wouldn't be the best but still fun

MiamiWadeCounty
06-01-2011, 04:07 PM

PG-Rose
SG-Kobe
SF-Lebron
PF-Dirk
C-D12

6th man-Durant

I'd put Wade or Derek Fisher at PG and Paul Pierce or Ray Allen as the 6th man.

marvILLous
06-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Top 15 Nicknames:

Guards-Small Forwards

Dwyane Wade - "Flash"
Tracy McGrady - "T-Mac"

Big Men

Zyrdunas - "Big Z"

come on man mighty mouse belongs to damon stoudamire!

footballer2369
06-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Well who would be stupid enough not to include the most impactful player in the league on any roster?...

Lebron isn't on every roster :cool:

Chronz
06-01-2011, 04:46 PM

When have you ever seen a pass first PG ever struggle to pass? Regardless of who he had around him they found ways to create easier looks for their teammates.

I have no doubt Rose can focus more on passing once he has more scorers around him but its not the same as saying he has a traditional mindset. He basically inherited a good chunk of the offensive weapons Deron had around him Utah, they have the talent to run a flex base offense full time, the reason they dont IMO is because they lack the distributor who can thrive in that system. Deron got more out of his players than Rose did, **** even an injured Deron who got traded to one of the worst teams in the league was racking up double digit dimes.

Playmakers who think pass first will find ways to create, Ive seen it with just about every player. Its funny I feel as if Ive had this conversation before, when Stephon Marbury was carrying the load in NJ and then Kidd showed up with the same team and found ways to create for them.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I would take the ballers but replace Westbrook with Lbj

pg. Paul
sg. James
sf. Melo
pf. Stat
c. Howard

that team would be unbeatable.

Take off James, and that is the 2012 Knicks according to half the Knicks forum.

Raph12
06-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Lebron isn't on every roster :cool:

Lebron does impact a lot of possessions, but not in the way Dwight does... Dwight literally changes opposing team's offenses and defenses. Lebron can do it on the offensive end, but on defense he doesn't have anywhere near the impact Dwight does.

5ass
06-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Wth?

Stack_NJNets
06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Team Awesome. LOL

WHODAT8o8
06-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Put Bargs on the shooting team for C

theheatles
06-01-2011, 09:10 PM
The athletic team is the best

...why is dwight on the shooting team? you need to have like bargnani or bosh

TylerSL
06-01-2011, 09:31 PM
PG. Chris Paul
SG. Dwyane Wade
SF. Lebron James
PF. Kevin Love
C. Dwight Howard

book it, best lineup the NBA could make.

TylerSL
06-01-2011, 09:38 PM
but out of the options the guys listed. I would say the athletic squad. Rose/Wade/Lebron would get so many fast breaks. Could you imagine a 3-1 break with Lebron/Wade/Rose. :drool:

MiamiWadeCounty
06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
PG. Chris Paul
SG. Dwyane Wade
SF. Lebron James
PF. Kevin Love
C. Dwight Howard

book it, best lineup the NBA could make.

PG: Chris Paul - Distributor
SG: Dwyane Wade - Slasher
SF: Kevin Durant - Knockdown Shooter
PF: Dirk - Post-up Shooter
C: Dwight - Down-low Presence

On Offense, Dwight and Dirk would complement each other perfectly. Paul is great setting up big men and also would dish it to KD for open looks. D-Wade gets to the basket at ease and can also dish the rock to KD and Dirk for a shot or Dwight on an alley. Overall this team is superbly balanced.

On Defense, Dwight would anchor down low like he does for the Magic, however with two of the NBA's best backcourt defenders in CP3 and Wade, this defense would be amazing even with Durant and Dirk.

TylerSL
06-01-2011, 09:50 PM

On Offense, Dwight and Dirk would complement each other perfectly. Paul is great setting up big men and also would dish it to KD for open looks. D-Wade gets to the basket at ease and can also dish the rock to KD and Dirk for a shot or Dwight on an alley. Overall this team is superbly balanced.

On Defense, Dwight would anchor down low like he does for the Magic, however with two of the NBA's best backcourt defenders in CP3 and Wade, this defense would be amazing even with Durant and Dirk.

I still like mine because as you said with Wade and Paul. However, Lebron is proving this postseason he is infact, a knock down shooter, and we all know Lebron is great at just about everything else. I go with Love and Howard in the post because they would literally suck up 25 boards a game by themselves. With the lineup I have, everybody will be open with CP3 distributing, Wade slashing, Lebron being a "mr. do-it-all" and both Love/Howard in the post.

CP3-Distrubtor
Wade-Slasher
Lebron-Mr. Do-It-All
Love-Mr. Rebounder
Howard-Defensive Beast/Rebounder

TylerSL
06-01-2011, 10:01 PM
^also that team would be sick defensivly. Paul would average 2.5 steals. Wade would average about 1.5 steals, 1 block, and 5-6 rebounds., Lebron would average like 1.5 steals, 1 block, and 7 rebounds. Love would averaged about 15 rebounds, and Howard would average like 2.5 blocks, and 14 rebounds. Also all of them are all lockdown defenders exept Love, but he isnt a defensive liability.

WatWoudJordanDo
06-01-2011, 10:33 PM
The best team that would coexist is:
PG: CP3 - League's best distributor, period. Also one of the best defensive PGs with his steals and such.
SG: Wade - Great slasher and rebounder for his position. Again, a better than most defender for his position.
SF: Durant - I know most would say LBJ but he still doesnt play well enough off the ball at this point in his career to warrant putting him on the team and taking the ball out of CP3's hands. Durant provides great spot up shooting and range to stretch the floor.
PF: Dirk - As clutch as anyone right now. Can literally hit a shot from anywhere on the court.
C: DH12 - Duh. The guy is a monster down low. Would get great feeds from CP3 which will only help his offensive game grow even more. And would still bring the 3 staright DPotY awards to the team
6th: Battier - Ultimate team guy who can guard 2-4, which would be helpful to replace the two weaker defenders of the starting 5 (Durant and Dirk) when needed.

Raph12
06-02-2011, 12:24 AM

MiamiWadeCounty FTW!