PDA

View Full Version : Can Players Stop Moaning To The Officials. PLEASE!

JasonJohnHorn
05-31-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm not going to get into names, I dont want this to be a baiting thread, but seriously, why is it that some guys WHO GET MORE CALLS THAN ANYBODY, have to take the officials aside and talk to them, STOP THE GAME when it was a BLATANT foul. What are they talking about? and this is not just one player. It is almost every guy on the court. Every time I a guy is about to shoot a free throw, the officials get into a huddle with some player to talk about why tey called the foul.

This is seriously slowing the game down and it is as annoying as all hell.

Anybody else notice this? This kind of stuff did NOT go on 15 years ago.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2011, 11:43 PM
this will stay open until it turns into a complete bait fest. Be civil

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2011, 11:48 PM
It gets really annoying and I hate it.

But if you wanna win, I say try it.

Keep talking to an official and maybe they'll be more biased towards you next time.

:shrug:

JamaicanYouth
05-31-2011, 11:53 PM
I would complain about calls if i was getting f**cked by the refs all game juss sayin

mikealike305
05-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Tell them

tyfreaks brotha
05-31-2011, 11:57 PM
OMG I hate it so ****ing much get Get your damn panties out of a knott and play the damn game! It's always clear whatever the call is the just wanna complain and ***** to the reffs

JamaicanYouth
06-01-2011, 12:01 AM
I wonder if the Mavs like to get wined and dined before they get f**ked.....

mikealike305
06-01-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't really like it either

With that said, it's nature. If u disagree, especially when it's something you're passionate about, your express your feelings.

Fans do it when the refs makes a call they don't like.
It's just huamn nature

Fnom11
06-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Can fans stop moaning over players moaning to officials?

hugepatsfan
06-01-2011, 12:42 AM
I don't mind if it's actually a close call. But there are some guys that complain on blatant fouls... really?

cbreezy34
06-01-2011, 12:45 AM
You wouldn't be refering to the play were Lebron and Chandler bumped into eachother and Lebron thot it was nessecary to take all three officials to the side to talk to them for about a minute would you?

ShiroRX
06-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Tons of no calls tonight on wade and bron drives, just good mavs d. This one wasn't won at the line. Imagine when we do.

kenzo400
06-01-2011, 02:27 AM
I don't really like it either

With that said, it's nature. If u disagree, especially when it's something you're passionate about, your express your feelings.

Fans do it when the refs makes a call they don't like.
It's just huamn nature

Yea, but if the NBA made more strict rules on this issue, it wouldn't be happening often.

AllBall
06-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Can fans stop moaning over players moaning to officials?

lol :laugh2:

The concept of this thread is laughable. Are there any current NBA players lurking on PSD that will read this message? lol

Lakers + Giants
06-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Kobe needs to STFU. I have to admit. .

Catfish1314
06-01-2011, 04:00 AM
It wouldn't bother me so much if the camera crews would stop getting direct shots of the players whining like brats when a call doesn't go their way.

It does make the players come off as *****y. You don't see that in college anywhere near as much.

TheHighLife
06-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Moaning is in there genes. WootWoot

JordansBulls
06-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm not going to get into names, I dont want this to be a baiting thread, but seriously, why is it that some guys WHO GET MORE CALLS THAN ANYBODY, have to take the officials aside and talk to them, STOP THE GAME when it was a BLATANT foul. What are they talking about? and this is not just one player. It is almost every guy on the court. Every time I a guy is about to shoot a free throw, the officials get into a huddle with some player to talk about why tey called the foul.

This is seriously slowing the game down and it is as annoying as all hell.

Anybody else notice this? This kind of stuff did NOT go on 15 years ago.

I agree, this has been the recent trend in years.

king4day
06-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't mind if it's actually a close call. But there are some guys that complain on blatant fouls... really?

It's become natural to the game. Not just stars either. Players will deck another player to the ground and complain that they were pushed off on.

MagicHero3
06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
lebron complains more than dwight and thats saying something

benzni
06-01-2011, 10:47 AM
good think Kobe is not playing in the finals

Raidaz4Life
06-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah frankly I am tired of it as well. I understand if you are continuously getting bad calls against you but seeing people argue blatant calls is absolutely annoying as can be.

MagicHero3
06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Nets over the Magic?

since the Nets made it to the playoffs and all...

Sly Guy
06-01-2011, 02:27 PM
lol the players have every right to complain.....the posters on PSD complain about the officials even more.

ShiroRX
06-01-2011, 02:29 PM
lebron complains more than dwight and thats saying something

Complaining or asking them what they saw/what happened?

MagicHero3
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Complaining or asking them what they saw/what happened?

lol thats not a question. he was complaining. u can tell cause the look on their face is like "WHAT?!?! THATS NOT A FOUL!" and that, young Shiro, is called "complaining". maybe IN his complaint he asked "whatd i do!?" but he knows what he did...oh he knows...

210Don
06-01-2011, 02:49 PM
i dont mind it...

Gambeezy
06-01-2011, 03:33 PM
You wouldn't be refering to the play were Lebron and Chandler bumped into eachother and Lebron thot it was nessecary to take all three officials to the side to talk to them for about a minute would you?

The refs were huddling to discuss the call anyway. When LeBron was standing by the huddle, one of the refs asked him to be quiet for a moment while they discuss the foul. He respected the request and didn't speak again. He really didn't look like he did much talking. Honestly, in the NBA that play could go both ways at times. He was probably trying to understand why he didn't get the call. Bron forced the contact obviously which was why the foul was on him, he just didn't get lucky with the call this time.

I think the thread is talking about a Chalmers play where Jeff Van Gundy asked "why do players moan after a blatant call". It was hilarious. Chalmers obviously fouled Dirk on a strip and got absolutely no ball. He reacted like the call was blasphemous but then clapped soon after because he probably realized, "wow, I really got no ball". He's a funny player. I laughed when he reacted like that. He's young though and has a lot to learn still.

3Blueforyou
06-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I hate it, and what makes it worse is the how much *****ing some guys can get away with. I think that was what the stricter tech rule with regards to the respect for the game was trying to combat. That obviously did not work, based on some of the techs given in the name of that rule were ridiculous.